Type keyword(s) to search

Bridezillas - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 11/2/2020 at 5:19 PM, Giant Misfit said:

The Nigerian Queen bride's wedding hall coordinator is the hero we all need on this show. The man had no shits to give about calling her out on her nonsense. 

Please tell me that the steak/assorted cow cuts were wrapped in plastic or something before the hall coordinator dumped them in the garbage can and then onto the street to defrost.  It's still gross but not as gross as unwrapped meat being handled that way.

• Love 1

The father with the look-a-like daughter was selfish & immature. He had the entirety of the engagement to tell her he thought she was making a mistake; moments before walking her down the aisle he should have kept quiet. I was also struck by church's opposition to the bridesmen & the undertone of homophobia. I thought the bridesmen were very gracious about the whole thing. 

• Love 3
On 11/16/2020 at 8:08 PM, Texasmom1970 said:

The bride with the black wedding dress who just had a fitting. My word you could have a hole the size of a grapefruit and nobody would notice. They are gonna be taking bets on how long till a tit falls out!

Honey...! You called it! It was Titty! City! Even the bride was embarrassed when she watched the play back. I'm not a fan of black wedding dresses at all, but I thought the bride's hair & makeup complemented the look nicely. Soo glad the groom shaved off his wee mohawk & his art work was nice. I was also glad her aunt (?? or somebody) gave her a shawl to cover up her nips! Jeez Louise...

Next up, Indecisive Bride. I thought her gown was gorgeous! Sexy-classy. Even though her friend didn't like it. & good for her for going on a realistic, portion-controlled diet leading up to the wedding. I'm soo over those staged one time visits with a personal trainer.

And then, I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant Bride. Welp! It had to happen.... She's all: "I've been bloated for a month & projectile vomiting. What could it be?" 🤦🏾‍♀️ I'm gonna need wine to watch next week...

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 3

Welp. I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant Bride found out 

Spoiler

she's not pregnant. At least according to the 1 home test she took. I hope it was accurate because she started drinking immediately.

She also found out her fiance lost his job. This close to the wedding, I'm not 100% sure he should have told her.

Indecisive Bride's wedding was gorgeous. They forgot the rings & a bride's maid had to go get them during the ceremony.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 2

I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant Bride bought a few more pregnancy tests. Her newly unemployed husband of a few hours got drunk & beat up her brother. Klassy. 

A gorgeous Nigerian-American couple had a beautiful traditional wedding. They are long distance but seem to have a healthy relationship. Some cute moments when she faked like she cooked him dinner & he surprised her with a bigger ring.  

• Love 1
On 9/25/2020 at 4:00 AM, NowVoyager said:

Her bridesmaids were so pretty & fun. Her girls were turning up! Yasss!

I am way behind on this show because i just discovered it on demand....

I LOL'd when her one bridesmaid said "you knew we was hoes when you asked us to be in your wedding" and laughed. I agree with the groom though that posting that nasty pic/video of her on social was not right. Not only was it disrespectful to him that she behaved that way, but then to put it out on blast for his whole family to see right before they walked down the aisle, that was crossing a line. Also, WTF was up with Marcus? I am guessing at one point he and Coco were more than just BFFs and he was butt hurt she was cutting him off to be a married woman. Totally inappropriate to have him in the wedding when he showed that he was going to act up. I was almost hoping she would run over and tackle him. 

OK, STacey and the detective....they got engaged AFTER 2 MONTHS? Why was a man who seems to be so level headed, good job, attractive that desperate to lock down that shrew?! So many brides on these shows seem OBSESSED with their wedding day and go overboard on budget----have they spent that much time planning the actual marriage? It isn't just one day. Like so many, I don't understand how these two were planning to pay over $100,000 for a wedding. Cops and nurses don't make THAT much.....family money? In debt and ready to go bankrupt? 

• Love 1
On 3/10/2022 at 1:03 PM, Stuckathome said:

I am way behind on this show because i just discovered it on demand....

I LOL'd when her one bridesmaid said "you knew we was hoes when you asked us to be in your wedding" and laughed. I agree with the groom though that posting that nasty pic/video of her on social was not right. Not only was it disrespectful to him that she behaved that way, but then to put it out on blast for his whole family to see right before they walked down the aisle, that was crossing a line. Also, WTF was up with Marcus? I am guessing at one point he and Coco were more than just BFFs and he was butt hurt she was cutting him off to be a married woman. Totally inappropriate to have him in the wedding when he showed that he was going to act up. I was almost hoping she would run over and tackle him. 

OK, STacey and the detective....they got engaged AFTER 2 MONTHS? Why was a man who seems to be so level headed, good job, attractive that desperate to lock down that shrew?! So many brides on these shows seem OBSESSED with their wedding day and go overboard on budget----have they spent that much time planning the actual marriage? It isn't just one day. Like so many, I don't understand how these two were planning to pay over $100,000 for a wedding. Cops and nurses don't make THAT much.....family money? In debt and ready to go bankrupt? 

I don't know why couples want to spend alot of money on a wedding? My husband and I eloped and we are still married coming up 25 years in June.

• Love 1
On 3/15/2022 at 8:18 AM, Nicmar said:

I don't know why couples want to spend alot of money on a wedding? My husband and I eloped and we are still married coming up 25 years in June.

I don't either.....I would say age has something to do with it, but a lot of these couples are pushing 40 so I can't blame that. When I married my first husband, I was young and yes, I wanted to have a nice big party, wear the beautiful dress, etc. So we had a big wedding....nothing compared to what these couples spend. And it was a fun party. My dress, $500 at David's adn several catty family members refused to believe I only spent that much (wanted to gossip about how I was straining my mother's finances). Where is that dress now? Sitting in a box in a storage unit. I will probably donate it to charity. That is all I can think of when I hear women dropping over $5000 on a dress. I do remember when I was wedding planning, one of my bridesmaids was planning hers and she was horrified that I bought my wedding shoes at Payless. They were plain white satin pumps for $20----she kept sending me pics from Brides magazine of these expensive blinged out high heels. No one sees your shoes under a ball gown and those payless pumps ended up so grass stained adn dirty by the end of the night, felt no pain in tossing them. 

Flash forward 18 years, I am divorced, in a committed relationship with a man who has 2 divorces under his belt. We have discussed marriage and I want a nice courthouse ceremony with close family (if they can) and then a nice, small catered dinner for family and good friends. He wants a big to do which shocks me....his reasoning being that his other two were courthouse with no one there, no celebration after adn big mistakes. He feels "this one is the one that counts" and he wants to celebrate us. He also wants his children there because we have a good relationship and he wants them to be included (they are grown young adults but they hated his second wife). I have made him watch some of these to get a sense on all the expenses that can add up and he is coming around to my thinking.....

Now, my much younger brother is engaged and getting hitched this fall. They are going all out, which I am getting a taste of as a bridesmaid and I just shake my head and keep my mouth shut. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Love 1

This just popped up on my Hulu. I am SO PUMPED. I haven't seen this ratchet ass show in years. So, we start the insanity in season 10 (which is disappointing, I really wanted to see the first few seasons that were actually good and showcased seemingly same women who were a bit overcome by their weddings.  I felt so bad for Haley! The whole episode her future in laws are calling her ugly, a prostitute. The mil actually pushes a drape over so itl fall on the bride like...everytime I watch these things all I can think is what is wrong with these people?! And yet...I never look away. 

• Like 1