Type keyword(s) to search

Bridezillas - General Discussion

• Start Topic

According to my DVR, next Friday at 7:45 there's a 15-minute "first look" at the mid-season-11 episodes. Not sure when they start but I hope they hurry up! 

ETA: Double checked the DVR -- new episode set for June 1 at 9:00 pm (Where Are They Now?) and another at 10 pm.

*happy dance* 2nd half of the season is starting back up this Friday night, I believe. So happy, thought that first group of eps was all we were getting. Bring on the dumpster fires!!!

• Love 2

I was so happy when I checked my dvr this morning and saw a “worst bridezillas where are they now”.  Didn’t know that was going to be on.

It brought back memories of all the great shit shows.  I knew immediately who was number 1 was.  Bet everyone does.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ChessDiva19 said:

The woman who was on the number one spot for worst bridezilla, did she get divorced? My recording got cut off. 

She did't agree to an interview unless the producers gave her her own show (I think like her own series?) but they did say she was still married. While I think Karen was a complete and utter garbage person and deserved that #1 spot (not a compliment) there was another Bridezilla from, maybe like S1 or S2 who I recall being the worst human ever. Naturally, I don't remember her name but she was from NYC and there was a horse-drawn coach involved in her wedding. That's all the details I can recall other than remembering she was a truly terrible person. (She appeared on a season before the show went over the top in the antics department.) I also couldn't stand the thirsty woman (name forgotten already!) who was posing and acting for the cameras as if it were her first day at the Barbizon School of Modeling's Intro to Acting class. 

The new episode featuring Veronica and Liz was GOLD. Whoever wrote and edited it deserves an Emmy—and I mean that sincerely. I was rolling when they kept turning Veronica into the devil and when they made light of Liz's fiancee's love for his dog, Coach ("Put Me In Coach"). I didn't understand how Liz claimed they invited 200 people and 13 people showed up—none of whom sat on her side of the aisle. I have to believe most of that is a set up for the draaaaaaaaaaama though. Best part was Liz's fiancee claiming he was going to "wreck her" back at the hotel on the wedding night. Whatever his name was, he was a really good sport about the whole thing. A+ episode!

(edited)

I think Karen was a complete and utter garbage person and deserved that #1 spot

It shocks me that she's still married. 

It shocks me that she ever got married in the first place. I could not see a single ounce of good in Karen at all. None. I don't even know how someone gets to be so nasty in the first place. It baffles me. Someone please tell me that she doesn't have children.

I will do anything to get out of going to a wedding!

Can't you just RSVP "no?"

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 3

she 'runs' LA.

That always cracked me up. Like that's an actual thing. Everyone is just standing around on a Saturday night waiting for Natalie Nunn to decide what hotspot is IT for the evening. 

She kept saying "why would I pay to go to a party when I get paid to go to a party?" Well for starters, because you're the host instead of the entertainment? And by "entertainment" I mean "person who acts badly in public and gets paid to do so because other people somehow find this entertaining?" Totally tasteless and devoid of manners, that one...

• Love 1
(edited)

Serious question: WTF is wrong with these men that they choose to marry these verbally abusive (or sometimes physically abusive), horribly rude and awful women?  I can only assume that all of these marriages end in divorce.  I don't understand how anyone can live with that for too long. 

Edited by WhatsUpDummy
  • Love 6

Veronica continues to give me life! Her shrieking of, "You made me look like Barneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey!" had me on the floor. I rewound it three times to savor its awesomeness. So glad she got a three-parter -- she deserves it!

As for Kat—a very pretty girl indeed and I thought her wedding ceremony was fantastic—as were the poets who performed. That being said, the drama was as manufactured as her lips. She clearly didn't "fire" the bridesmaid who did the bridal party hair as the girl was interviewed outside the wedding in a bridesmaid dress that was identical to the bridesmaid dress shown on the only maid visible in the wedding footage. And not for one hot second did I buy that her fiancee's friend had his car impounded with the dress inside. The post production add-in of the "book" Kat wrote was genius.

This is the greatest sitcom on TV right now for my money.

Ha, seriously PupCal! That mom was nuts. And couldn't the bride just throw away the flowers? How insulting to the poor cake baker! She seemed actually shaken, which makes me feel like this wasn't a fake scene - or at least she wasn't part of it. 

• Love 3

Awwww...nah. That scene was totally fake. The baker lady was the world's worst actress. 

I maintain that Veronica is one of the awesomest Zillas to ever have appeared on this show. It's clear she knew the drill about what to do to maximize her entertainment value right up to the end when she tortured Asa to make that "apology." She seems like a fun person to hang out with. Bonus laugh points to her for kicking that beat up bike in the backyard on her wedding day. 

On 6/4/2018 at 7:02 PM, Elizzikra said:

Can't you just RSVP "no?"

Not if it's a sibling or first cousin.......................

Here is my rules:  I will go all out for your wedding, shower etc.  You pick the wrong person and want another wedding I am OUT.

• Love 2

Just watched tonight's episode, and I could swear that I've seen the bride Devlyn and her fiancé Brock, on another show.  The redneck Survivor type show....??? I forget the name of it, but I think that a former wrestler dude was the host of it.   Does this couple seem familiar to anyone else??  Mr. ShowsILoveToHate said that they seem familiar to him, too.   Hmmm.....

• Love 1
On 6/30/2018 at 2:00 AM, ShowsILoveToHate said:

Just watched tonight's episode, and I could swear that I've seen the bride Devlyn and her fiancé Brock, on another show.  The redneck Survivor type show....??? I forget the name of it, but I think that a former wrestler dude was the host of it.   Does this couple seem familiar to anyone else??  Mr. ShowsILoveToHate said that they seem familiar to him, too.   Hmmm.....

Do you mean Redneck Island?  I think they're too young to have been on that show. Wasn't there a trashy knock off of party down south that didn't last a season?

I agree they look familiar but I'm not sure where I've seen them before. 

• Love 1
On 6/2/2018 at 5:08 PM, ChessDiva19 said:

It shocks me that she's still married. 

Me, too. She takes my number one worst still, because she was not only temperamental, and full of herself and her demands, with a hot temper, but she is genuinely cruel, not just thoughtless and bossy.

On 6/3/2018 at 3:36 PM, Giant Misfit said:

The new episode featuring Veronica and Liz was GOLD. Whoever wrote and edited it deserves an Emmy—and I mean that sincerely. I was rolling when they kept turning Veronica into the devil and when they made light of Liz's fiancee's love for his dog, Coach ("Put Me In Coach"). I didn't understand how Liz claimed they invited 200 people and 13 people showed up—none of whom sat on her side of the aisle. I have to believe most of that is a set up for the draaaaaaaaaaama though. Best part was Liz's fiancee claiming he was going to "wreck her" back at the hotel on the wedding night. Whatever his name was, he was a really good sport about the whole thing. A+ episode!

I've really found the wry quips of the voiceover person very witty this year. She cracks me up.

• Love 3

Could Brock have been any more of a bump on a log? Good grief. Personality of a navy bean. I actually found Devlyn pretty entertaining when she wasn't insulting her in-laws. Of course, her bubbly personality probably completely overwhelms him.

• Love 3
On 6/30/2018 at 2:00 AM, ShowsILoveToHate said:

Just watched tonight's episode, and I could swear that I've seen the bride Devlyn and her fiancé Brock, on another show. 

I Googled them but nothing came up in imdb for any prior appearances. But she does have a familiar look about her.

I thought this episode was a bit of a snoozer. But I am looking forward to Bridezillas: Scared Fit next week!

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:39 AM, renatae said:

I've really found the wry quips of the voiceover person very witty this year. She cracks me up.

Savage this season! I love it! Such a big part of the fun for us anyways. I can't imagine what the actual couples think of it when their show airs.

• Love 4

I couldn't be more bummed about this "Scared Fit" person and this shtick. I hate those shows with the bossy drill sergeant idiots. Liked Mama June's trainers and several similar shows but I did not sign on for bish of the year. I want my Bridezillas back.

• Love 5

Looks like I'm not the only one who hated the drill sergeant travesty. There were at least two more episodes of the spinoff listed last week and they are gone now. Wont be missed by me. 

Awwww! I actually liked her. And was kinda peeved to see that odious June Shannon's show was popped into the 'Zilla time slot last night. 

ETA: I went to the WeTV site to see if they had any scheduled shows for Scared Fit and ... they do not. POOP! But in good news, they did post a casting notice for a new season. And I did watch this highly amusing video about pound cake

My funniest bridezilla dress was in one of the last year or so of the previous bridezilla shows with a very large topped woman, who bought a strapless with red ribbon on the top, and wore a shrug.   Unfortunately the shrug didn't cover the industrial size, regular strap bra she had to wear to keep the dress up, boobies from falling out, and the bra was well over the top of the dress top too.     A v-neck with regular straps would work so much better for a lot of these women, but they have to go with whatever's popular instead.    I'm surprised we haven't had a total fall out shown, even with blurred patches for TV.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1

Oh bridezillas. How I’ve missed your insanity. And your snarky narrator.

Jaslyn’s wedding looked quite beautiful. The “photo booth” thingie nonwithstanding. Also she and Jermain  seemed like a good couple, which is rare on this show. I’d die of embarrassment hearing that poem in front of all of my friends and family though. 

Shannon, on the other hand, is a train wreck. I feel terrible for her kids having a mom who smokes in the house and drinks til she literally falls down and insists on spending thousands on multiple helicopters. 

• Love 6

Glad it's back!

Jaclyn would have wore me out as a bridesmaid. Other than that she wasn't too bad. 

Shannon, oh my. Is that girl due for a reality check or what? Pun intended. There are a lot of firearms in Alaska and I have a feeling there will one aimed at her before long. She says she has no friends, she needs to realize why. 

I missed this show! It will help me thru the wait for Love after Lockup to return!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

So grateful my dvr caught this. I didn’t know it was coming back.

The Bad Girls bride. Is she really for real? Who waits til the week of their wedding to get a dress or make any plans for their wedding. I’m always willing to suspend belief for these shows but even that’s a bit much. 

I don’t understand how that glass backdrop thingy was a “photo booth” at Jaslyn’s wedding. As far as Bridezillas go she was relatively tame. 

• Love 4

I so hope next week will be the end of delusional bad girl bride's story. I'm not sure I can take another week of her clueless I'm a celebrity nonsense.

The dueling cousins also seem like spoiled brats and I felt like we weren't getting the whole story.  I hope the hairdresser/wedding planner/bride's grandma's bff has recovered. With no budget info and such apathy from the bride it's hard to judge the wedding. I thought it looked like a nice casual wedding on a budget. Nothing wrong with that.

• Love 5

She is one of the more painfully delusional brides in a show that's been full of them. I don't know how her fiancée manages to stick around. He seems like a decent guy and I have no idea what he finds appealing about her since she mostly shrieks demands at him and bleeds him dry of money.

I'm glad there was money in the budget for duct tape in that cousin wedding. Duct tape. I know people whose brains would explode if duct tape was used for any part of their wedding.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

"Oh, god. You gotta love my mother. She puts Clara in her place every time, and that is just my favorite." *takes drink*

I love Mom AND Olivia. And all the bridesmaids who ditched Clara's bachelorette parties, plural.

Edited by CoyoteBlue
  • Love 3

Shannon’s wedding was bizarre. From her lonely walk down the aisle without her bouquet to the groom getting dressed in a men’s room to the bright flowers that clashed with the tacky bridesmaids’ dresses. It was funny that she spent the entire food and drink budget on her dress and then was surprised to find there was no food or liquor and the wedding. Patrick didn’t forget. He’s vengeful.

As for Clara, her mom seems awful. Probably an unpopular opinion because it’s easier to just write Clara off as a typical bridezilla. But what kind of mother calls her own daughter a bitch and a witch to her face? That was really horrible to see. And what kind of woman invites someone to her daughter’s wedding when she knows she doesn’t want them there and makes her include her sister as a bridesmaid when neither daughter wants it? It’s controlling and nasty. Not surprising her daughter has emotional issues with mother like that. It’s her wedding week. It’s not being a bridezilla to want the focus to be on her and not have cheesy wrinkled paper table signs when she expected something more. It’s bad enough her cousin purposefully scheduled her wedding for a few weeks beforehand. To have her own mother be so petty and cruel would drive any woman nuts. 

• Love 2
On 3/30/2019 at 6:27 PM, oldCJ said:

It was funny that she spent the entire food and drink budget on her dress

Didn't she say she paid $7000 of that dress and ordered it from China? Because this site has thousands of similar dresses—for a couple hundred dollars each. 

I have to believe that most of these wedding are re-enactments because I can't imagine anyone, let alone all of these lovely women, have weddings that don't include food or booze. 

On 3/30/2019 at 6:27 PM, oldCJ said:

And what kind of woman invites someone to her daughter’s wedding when she knows she doesn’t want them there and makes her include her sister as a bridesmaid when neither daughter wants it?

The kind of woman who knows what makes for good TV watching! 🙂

9 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

Helllllllllllllp!!!!!!!! The bride’s cousin was the male stripper at her bachelorette party!!!!!!!!

That was some awesome TV right there!  I will never understand bachelor/bachelorette parties.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

The bride’s cousin was the male stripper at her bachelorette party!!!

You are certainly using the "male stripper" term loosely!  I'm not sure what the hell that dude is.  'Bout to fall of the couch laughing at the gold lame, glasses and black socks.....

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I was so glad that 1st bridezilla cousin didn’t attend the 2nd bridezilla’s wedding. Indifference and not feeding the beast is the best way to strike back. Looked like her reception was in a roller rink. 

• Love 4

So, let me get this straight: Holly wants Jon to sign a prenup to protect the money she makes from her business which is...a MLM sex-toy party hostess? Half of $20 bucks a month is still $10. 

I laughed at Jon complaining about signing the prenup that he "didn't read" which would be understandable if it were phone-book sized and not all of three pages long. 

Both Sparkela and Reuben look like they haven't showered in months. My god, I could see the nasty old glue on her spider lashes from 10 feet away from the TV. 

I had to laugh at the update on Sparkela and Reuben where she admitted it wasn't even a legal wedding.   After a ridiculous number of years together, five kids, and everything else, they couldn't even get married at the courthouse?     And she was screaming about the ex-wife showing at a wedding that wasn't even real?    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I had to laugh at the update on Sparkela and Reuben where she admitted it wasn't even a legal wedding.   

I loved that they couldn't put on even a fake wedding! That Party City crown she wore? And that wedding dress she pulled straight out of a box and put on her body? LOL! And major points for the ridiculous dollar-store Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band outfits Reuben and her maid of honor wore. 

That whole segment was perfection!

giphy.gif

I'm just a little annoyed we have to wait until June to see the rest of Holly's sad story.

Holly inspired me to make the Botox/filler appointment I had been mulling over for some time. That’s a tough looking 32. Good luck John. You will need it. I didn’t really sense any chemistry between them. If all of your friends hate your significant other you might want to take that into serious consideration. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, preciousperfect said:

Holly inspired me to make the Botox/filler appointment I had been mulling over for some time. That’s a tough looking 32.

Oh, dear god...she was 32?! She had an at-least-45-face!