Type keyword(s) to search

Bridezillas - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Glad to see this forum!  This show is my new guilty pleasure.

I'm watching the ep with Janelle who insists on having "rhymestones" on her cake despite the danger of guests choking ("If they ain't smart enough not to eat 'em I don't care"), almost runs over a camera man, and drags her fiancé by the hand in front of his friends like a toddler......and Crystal and her tats and tatted beau with the future MIL from hell.

• Love 2

1st candidate.....Natalie Nunn (former 'star' of Bad Girls) informs us "everybody knows who Natalie Nunn is!"  Uh...sorry, hon.  I don't.  She seems to think she won't have to pay for her dream 500k wedding because everybody will give her everything she wants for free. Also, she 'runs' LA.  Did I mention she will be "the best, sexiest, hottest bride ever".  And her bridesmaid Kristen (also a former Bad Girl) is giving Natalie a serious run for the money.  Part 2 tomorrow.....

• Love 2

Just caught one last week that was a doozy.  Kym (of questionable hygiene) is marrying a really sweet guy named High (which kinda describes his demeanor).  Kym hasn't washed her hair in over a week and hasn't brushed it in 3 days!  Takes 3 bridesmaids to untangle the rat's nest under her scarf.  Then the kicker....she doesn't shower on her WEDDING DAY!! and is running around screaming for her deodorant.  I needed a shower after watching that one.......

My shows have been hit or miss lately (station is running Anger Management some days).  But I still tape and watch when I can.

I need help.  Can anyone come over to my house and block this channel using parental controls?  Do not under any circumstances give me the code!  Every time I watch this crap I end up yelling at the tv.  Why would anyone be in their wedding and why would any guy marry them?

I think weddings are stupid anyways.  Not marriage, just weddings.  I hate getting the invitation in the mail, I refuse to stand up and basically hate going.  I did have to stand up for my sister and my best friend from childhood.  At least they picked inexpensive dresses and shoes (which all of our mothers paid for) and we only had to show up for pics and the wedding.  There would be no way in hell I would do all the crap they show on the show.

• Love 1

I really wonder how some of these marriages turned out. I wonder most about the woman who's fiance stole her rental car and skipped town on the wedding day. The follow-up explained that they had eloped and were still together. She seemed a little....dim?

• Love 2

"With its built-in fanbase and continued cultural relevance, the 'Bridezillas' franchise is a strategic growth asset that we can leverage across our business and we are thrilled to be bringing it back to WE tv.”

Uh. "Continued cultural relevance?" "Continued cultural relevance?" "Continued cultural relevance?"

All of those words seem equally inapplicable. 

• Love 10

I really don't know how I feel about this. The show was fun for the first couple seasons, but it got super low rent and trashy, even by reality television standards. And I actually stopped watching after an episode featuring a woman who straight up abused her husband (as in the showed her hitting and threatening him), the show just became dark and kind of depressing, actually. I'm hoping it will have the tone of the first couple seasons, but I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed.

• Love 3
On 1/21/2018 at 5:30 PM, WhitneyWhit said:

I really don't know how I feel about this. The show was fun for the first couple seasons, but it got super low rent and trashy, even by reality television standards. And I actually stopped watching after an episode featuring a woman who straight up abused her husband (as in the showed her hitting and threatening him), the show just became dark and kind of depressing, actually. I'm hoping it will have the tone of the first couple seasons, but I have a feeling I'm going to be disappointed.

I'm with you. I had to stop watching after a while because the show just left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Nevertheless I will still watch the first episode. I don't think it will last though.

• Love 3

I'm so excited about this! I feel like there is so little "follow this random asshole around," reality tv these days, at least not ones that don't require at least a few episodes to really understand the drama. Plus I have really fond memories of watching this while planning my wedding and feeling pretty alright that I just cried for an hour because of my wedding crafts rather than cursing and throwing things at people.

• Love 6

Yay it's back! I have missed these tacky, trifling zillas.

So Natashia? Bitch or mega bitch? She had no sympathy for her aunt who was undergoing emergency amputation because "it's my day!" She cursed out her own mother for being at her aunt's side instead of hers for a dress fitting and for daring to try and eat at her rehearsal dinner. Even at the wedding she bitched about someone being allergic to a bee sting and having to be taken out in an ambulance. There was no pleasing this woman and I feel bad for the poor sucker she roped in.

Carmen was a total drama queen. Oh noes! Your makeup artist might be busy during wedding season of all times! It's not like the woman wasn't going to show for the wedding, just that she'd be a little late. And of course, the drunk look with her boobs out, shrieking outside a club, always such a classy touch.

• Love 5

Round 2.

Is it just me or do the grooms have a bit more spine than in previous seasons? Payton throwing out Michelle's clothes, then hopping in his friend's pickup and just leaving when she and her mother were ganging up to bitch at him was awesome. Same with Isaiah standing his ground on his groomsman and flat-out telling Carmen that it's not just her day and he would have his friend there or there'd be no wedding. I could get behind this trend of grooms standing up to their bitchy zillas!

My only complaint was that Isaiah caved at the last minute. Make her stand at the altar alone and embarrassed. That would have been awesome!

• Love 4

I'm not sure I can watch this.  These women are so horrible and so desperate, it's making me anxious.

I'm almost at the end of the first two hours and so far all the brides just seem to want a Wedding--with any interchangeable man as an inconvenient necessity.  And the grooms don't seem invested as much as they simply . . . capitulated.

I generally think people on reality tv deserve whatever snark they get, but, man, these people are just miserable.

• Love 3

Natashia is crying about dead boutonnieres, but her mother's sister is losing her leg?  "She's already lost one!" Roll eyes.

These women are truly awful or just have it turned up for the show, either way I enjoy the snarky narration.

• Love 4

I do think these brides put on a bit, but I also think they're very much being themselves. The people around them give it away --they either have the hostage-to-tantrums mentality or they can barely stifle laughter when the brides go over-the-top.

Remember Karen Refaeli, the queen of Bridezillas? She will always stick out as one of the worst, if not THE worst. I'd like to watch her episode with fresh eyes to see if I can spot any acting, but I recall her being genuinely entitled and nasty. I recall her then-fiance's (Lee?) words & look of disgust and horror at her nastiness. (I wonder if they're still married.)

Isaiah looked like he was genuinely over Carmen's shit. 

• Love 6
On 3/10/2018 at 1:51 PM, e.gregious said:

Natashia is crying about dead boutonnieres, but her mother's sister is losing her leg?  "She's already lost one!" Roll eyes.

These women are truly awful or just have it turned up for the show, either way I enjoy the snarky narration.

Who in their right mind makes up fresh flowers days before the wedding? Of course they are going to be dead! She is an idiot.

• Love 3

Sorry but this reboot is just not good. IMO. Did they always have the cheesy narrator setting up each scene? I can’t recall because it’s been years since I seen the original. 

Speaking of, the brides were just as awful on the old one as they are on this one, but at least it was entertaining. This is just boring and soooo staged. I couldn’t even get through the first episode I was so bored and ended up turning it off. 

• Love 1

The bride who got married, didn't really see much of the wedding or the prep.  All we saw was fighting, then how they stiffed the Aunt by not paying for stuff she bought per the bride's requests.  Auntie, you got it on tape now, take her to court.

Texas bride.  Lord have mercy.   The whole 'my wedding will go viral and I'll be a star' - nah, not happening.  And she's having such a wildly different theme - brunch.  Okie dokie.  Then the wrap to magically lose weight in a couple of hours, the fat dress and skinny dress, the DIY that she was having everyone else do.  She has so many friends - oh but they're all just Facebook friends except 1.  Yes, and I can see why your 1 friend was more popular and successful.

Texas bride mom.  You can get her off of your insurance and phone plan.  Drop her now.  She'll never do it herself.  

Both the mom and groom need to grow spines.  This spoiled child still runs them.  Good for the 1 friend not show up - because I'm sure she knew she'd get stuck doing 100% of the DIY crap and be yelled at while doing it.

Not up to par with the old shows.  I still fondly remember the original documentary type show.  Loved that so much.  A real window to see the folks who had money or enough money (they weren't going to Party City for décor) actually had real planners and some gorgeous weddings. They acted like human beings (some a bit spoiled) but you didn't see throw downs and non stop screaming.  There was a story arc for each bride/groom, their families, friends, and the planners.  So well done.  

• Love 4
On 2/28/2018 at 6:16 PM, ActionComics25 said:

I'm so excited about this! I feel like there is so little "follow this random asshole around," reality tv

Spot on!

Thank you @hoosier80 for the brief recap.  Now I can go to the grocery store and not have to rewatch the ending.

When the Texas bride was screwing up the DIY, as in DO IT YOURSELF, and screaming at others I was cracking up and then when her mother said she had no friends and no Facebook friends don't count I thought of The Middle when Kenny got married and said there would be 600 attending and we find out they were checking in online.

So Isaih married that bitch?  What a dummy.

• Love 5

Tonight's episode - Texas girl finally got married and was so worried about livestreaming and then I loved how they showed us that the posts had mostly 0 likes and at best 2.  I cracked up.  Her dropping her bridesmaid was not cool.  Now if bridesmaid dropped her then I understand.

The bride with 2 names - what a bitch.  14 bridesmaids?  Loved when a bunch of them dropped out.  Being a bridesmaid is HORRIBLE enough without the bride being a bitch.  Can't wait until next week when she really screws up.

My niece had a wedding that costs, I kid you not, $30k and it was like an hour away but was at 5:00 pm on a Friday so it took a good 2 hours.  Not enough chairs for the elderly and they didn't cut the cake until 11:00 so basically no one got cake.  She thinks it was the best wedding ever and we all hated it.  At least she wasn't nasty and the food was fantastic.   [shakes head and walks away]

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

I will do anything to get out of going to a wedding!

Me too!  Some I am required to go to like very close family.  Thank goodness all but the one have been close to home and small with ceremony and reception in same space.  I literally start cussing when I get "the envelope" in the mailbox.

• Love 3

YES! Bridezillas is back! I lost WEtv on my cable selection awhile back, but it showed up again last week...just in time. I loved the narrator they had during the older shows; she was a riot.  So glad I found this trainwreck again; my trash tv is seriously lacking without 90 Day Fiance. 

• Love 7

I'm taking this off the DVR.  I don't remember the camera people being so involved in the original, and here we have one following a Zilla's sister to her car and asking for comments.  WTF?  The narrator isn't as funny either. 

Or maybe I'm just burned out on people behaving badly.  Springer, Judge Judy, Housewives, real life -- there's a limit.

I'm loving how Sam's bridal party just completely ditched the bitchzilla. Followed by her wedding planner and now even her groom. She just can't seem to process the fact that she has to be nice to people to get them to do what she wants. The little segments where she talks about how she needs her wedding planner for this and that, or how screwed she is without someone's help, and then immediately acts like a mega-bitch afterwards are so telling. She just can't turn it off!

The cryzilla was boring. As for the social media bride, what a joke. She honestly seems to think that if doesn't happen on social media it doesn't happen at all. And her childish little threat to the officiant that she would destroy him on social media? Please.

• Love 4

I couldn't get over the fact Cryzilla had 7 kids in 8 years!! I know the 1 year olds were twins but they didnt say if there were other multiples. Her body wasnt in that bad of shape after all those kids. They really shoulda just done a courthouse wedding, they need to be saving money for a house, it looked like they were in a small apartment.

• Love 5

I felt sorry for Cryzilla -- wasn't #8 born like, a week before?! No wonder she was always crying. I also felt sorry that no one showed up for her wedding though I have to believe that was some producer shenanigans. Also, where is she warehousing her child army in that teeny tiny apartment?!

I am really enjoying Shanequa's story. Though I believe her behavior is mostly for the cameras, it's clear her hatred of her mother-in-law-to-be is pretty real. She is also ridiculously pretty.

The narrator continues to rule. As do the emojis. 

On 4/4/2018 at 7:59 PM, Giant Misfit said:

I also felt sorry that no one showed up for her wedding though I have to believe that was some producer shenanigans.

She didn't even send out invitations.  She posted it on Facebook.  What an asshole.  Facebook is the place for the elderly now.  I check mine maybe once a month or so and have gone 6 months without opening it.

• Love 3

So I just finished watching last week's one with the 3rd part of Sam and the first part of Game of Thrones Bride... did I miss the part where they mentioned Sam had a little boy?  Who was that kid that walked her down the aisle? 

And it is sooo weird that the wedding coordinator for Game of Thrones bride is the brother of a woman who used to date the groom.  Unless they live in a really small town and friends are hard to come by, it just seems odd that they are friends.  If I was the groom and my fiancé shaved my head while I was sleeping on our wedding morning there is no way I would go through with the wedding. 

• Love 4

This show is total love to hate watch. These women are all so intensely unlikeable. I've been watching it since the get go and I simply cannot believe these kinds of people exist.

I adored Sam's aunt and cousin so much. They have the patience of saints, truly. I still don't get what that mirror thing was she wanted so desperately and can't be arsed to google it but would her wedding day have been less if it wasn't there? No sympathy from her for the victims of Hurricane Harvey? Really? On a completely shallow note she was stunning on her wedding day.

GoT bride? I'm still shaking my head over that one. It was a plain hall with plain centerpieces. Taking the clippers to her fiancé's head was just wrong. His hair was a little poofy but it looked nice. How do I find a man that I can just demand money from ad nauseum? *smdh*

• Love 4
On 4/12/2018 at 1:52 PM, Lady Iris said:

Taking the clippers to her fiancé's head was just wrong.

It was an assault.  Why would anyone marry any of these brides?

Last night's show:  That bachelorette party was soooooo gross.

• Love 3

I loooooooved the bachelorette party! Cash the Stripper needs an Emmy award for that performance as well as the graphics designer for the show because that emoji game was on point. 

Also, when Crystal was whining about losing her cigarettes and " #prayforcrystal" came up on the screen, I fell out. 

A+ episode.

On 4/8/2018 at 11:34 PM, jumper sage said:

She didn't even send out invitations.  She posted it on Facebook.  What an asshole.  Facebook is the place for the elderly now.  I check mine maybe once a month or so and have gone 6 months without opening it.

Some brides do not understand invites and giving an accurate count to the caterer.  I worked in catering sales at a large catering hall and our brides were not always the brightest bulbs in the chandelier, I had brides that had RSVP cards that gave the invitee the option of inviting whom ever and how many they wanted, I had brides not know the names of the people in her bridal party...so sad.  I also know that when you fail to pay your photographer or DJ they tend not to show up so when the photographer did not show I thought maybe she did not pay them.

I hope she did not tell the caterer she was having 120 guests, that is a lot of money for a couple that has 7 kids in a cramped apartment.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Some brides do not understand invites and giving an accurate count to the caterer.  I worked in catering sales at a large catering hall and our brides were not always the brightest bulbs in the chandelier, I had brides that had RSVP cards that gave the invitee the option of inviting whom ever and how many they wanted, I had brides not know the names of the people in her bridal party...so sad.  I also know that when you fail to pay your photographer or DJ they tend not to show up so when the photographer did not show I thought maybe she did not pay them.

I hope she did not tell the caterer she was having 120 guests, that is a lot of money for a couple that has 7 kids in a cramped apartment.

Been there, done that. Got to where i hated to see a bride come through the door. Most wanted a huge reception but wanted to pay peanuts. As for RSVP numbers, they always blame the caterer. Uggg!

• Love 2

So, it took merely five months before Crystal dumped Rashon because she "didn't love him" anymore. I can't even believe they married at all -- Rashon seems like a nice guy and Crystal is...the exact opposite. 

And either Ebony's husband has some form of narcolepsy, an addiction to Benadryl, or he's over Ebony because I've never seen such a low-energy man like that before in my life.

I am bummed its all over for this season. It was awesome having this show back. Between this show and Four Weddings I'm a reality wedding tv program junkie. Four Weddings is coming back but with a different format whereas Bridezillas stayed to the tried and true formula and I already can't wait for it to return.

• Love 1

I don't like 4 weddings.  So boring with all the brides complaining about everyone weddings.  From what I have seen, or forced to watch with 20 something nieces, all the weddings are nice.  Bridezillas is awesome because you know the weddings will be shit and I am in awe that more of the grooms just don't say, "Fuck this shit".

• Love 5