Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E01: The Next Generation: Auditions #1

• Start Topic

(edited)

Ok, still watching, sorry for staggered post. But I had to laugh when I saw tall skinny whats-her-face (Avery?) do her thing, and then mom cries, because mom runs the Candy Apples Dance Studio, that opposes Abby Lee Miller Dance Company. This really is Dance Moms. Like being tall and skinny is a shortcoming in this model industry. Girl got coached to cry! Wait till she meets Maddie-judge.

Looking forward even less to Maddie showing up. This show has been infected by Lifetime reality. I wonder if Nigel is cool with this downsizing. If Lifetime took over his show, it will be a nightmare. I know what I am getting into when I watch Lifetime, but here? I was pretending things were more legit.

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 3

Just a kid from a show. She was better than the rest of the kids on that show, which made her the greatest thing since sliced bread. And now she is another Disney kid. Good luck with that.

I fast forwarded through the sob stories because I couldn't care less if someone got picked on for being too tall or someone else's pet iguana died or whatever.  

That one pushy ballroom girl with the fake tears, Stella?  Should have been bounced out of there the moment she started whining.  If she can't deliver the first time when she's supposed to, too damn bad.  I bet little miss entitled is a pain in the ass to work with.

4 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

Just a kid from a show. She was better than the rest of the kids on that show, which made her the greatest thing since sliced bread. And now she is another Disney kid. Good luck with that.

That, and she's been in just about every Sia video and/or live performance.

4 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

I know they were talking about this Maddie girl as a judge, but who is she?

4 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

That, and she's been in just about every Sia video and/or live performance.

15 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

That one pushy ballroom girl with the fake tears, Stella?  Should have been bounced out of there the moment she started whining.  If she can't deliver the first time when she's supposed to, too damn bad.  I bet little miss entitled is a pain in the ass to work with.

I agree. And yet, I can recall a few times on this show where someone sniffled and whined for a second chance in their auditions. Plus a few where they asked to dance for their life because they were getting kicked out of Vegas. Good drama, I guess. However, I don't recall but one of the whiners actually making it into the competition part of the show.

17 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

I know they were talking about this Maddie girl as a judge, but who is she?

She was the star pupil on Dance Moms. On a competition team that was sub par at best.

Merrick's from Cardiff-by-the-Sea, so his family is rich.  And the kids are named Merrick and Sagan?  smdh.

WORD O RAMA. First guy, Merick, was the cutest thing in the universe, though I have a feeling we are going to all be losing eye function by the extreme eye rolling we are all going to have to do over these names.  Something tells me we won't be hearing too many normal names.  It's so annoying.  I am also expecting a crapload of yuppie/well-to do parents who have the bucks that you have to shell out to get your kid into a dance career.

Aw, I like Maddie from the Sia videos. I've only watched Dance Moms when this show was boring, or I absolutely couldn't sleep. I think she's a good little dancer, and probably a big reason why they're even doing it (the other being that it's been done on the network before so it's an old concept). I feel like it'd be weird not to have her at some point. 

• Love 1

Watching a 10 year old in a nude bodysuit dancing around to a song about rape just made me uncomfortable.

She was in the opening for SYTYCD. I think she is going to be a (fake) judge when it gets past auditions and into the actual show.

22 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

WORD O RAMA. First guy, Merick, was the cutest thing in the universe, though I have a feeling we are going to all be losing eye function by the extreme eye rolling we are all going to have to do over these names.  Something tells me we won't be hearing too many normal names.  It's so annoying.  I am also expecting a crapload of yuppie/well-to do parents who have the bucks that you have to shell out to get your kid into a dance career.

When I think back to various contestants through the series, there have already been a lot of weird names. If they weren't originally named things, they just made up a name to go by. 

Reading all your comments here, I am so glad that I didn't bother watching.  Sounds like it went just how I thought it would.  Hopefully next season, if there is one after this debacle, will be back to normal.

I think people forget that if they didn't try this "gimmick" season the show was likely to be cancelled. They are trying to save the show by doing this so if people want to see a return to the normal format it might behoove them to watch. Personally i'm not offended by the content and I found it a bit refreshing. Sometimes watching kids dance for the pure love and joy of it is better than watching adults. I have watched the last few normal seasons sporadically because of the overt manipulations etc. I will be watching and hoping that the kids shine. 

As far as Maddie as a judge, she is as qualified to judge these kids as Jason Derulo is. At least the child dances and knows the technical ins and outs. Per her own interview, she plans to be there more as the booster and supporter than pure judge and I think that's why she was hired. 

• Love 4

Im on the fence. I agree with the other posters that teenagers would totally have been the way to go, like 12-17. You would get all the drama ( x10 im sure, hormones) and the dancing would be a better.

I was a little surprised that Sophia didn't get her audition aired lol- I watched Dance moms for a while ( she was featured on a few episodes) and I think shes a fairly big deal in the little girl dance world, I'll be interesting to see how far she goes. It will also be interesting to see Maddie judge her lol

And I totally gagged when that cute little girl puked. I could handle watching but the SOUND omg. lol. It was kind of funny tho. She was good. 

Im ready for the academy when they really start sending people home. that will be interesting. I think they filtered it enough where most contestants got 'yes' and they didn't have to crush too many dreams

I also totally agree about the stage mom thing. UGH. its gross and annoying. 

I'm catching up on the episodes because I was not in any way looking forward to this season. I may be over emotional as a mom to 5 & 3 year old (non dance) girls or it could be the bottle of cab I've consumed watching, but I think it's cute and sweet and the kids are really good! So far, they haven't rejected anybody, which makes me happy. 

• Love 1