Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Turn The Page

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, lasandi said:

I guess I am just saying that even if Adam was the best father ever, it is still a good thing that the man Chelsea has chosen is a stand up guy who will be a positive in her daughter's life no matter what her bio dad does.

Absolutely. The more positive figures in any child's life, the better.

• Love 4

Is it just me, or does it seem like Leah is reciting lines that she memorized when she says more than 5 words? I can see why she was once "the catch of the holler" back in the day with her big blue eyes and nice figure, but as time goes on she is not aging well. She may keep her figure (that she probably got from her dad's DNA), but she is quickly becoming a haggard butter face. 

Kail is very lucky she has kids with easygoing personalities. Isaac is such a sensitive and caring soul and Lincoln's is perpetually happy, silly and smiling. I just hope Kail's hard personality doesn't scar those two later in life. 

I think that Chelsea and Cole's relationship will last a lifetime, as they seem to value the same things, but I don't like how 5 time an episode they do that pucker face, slowly lean in to barely touch lips thing. Where's the soft lipped passionate kisses? They kiss the way I kiss my old Aunties at Christmastime. If how you kiss is an indicator of their sex life then yawn. I know I know...Cole is shy on camera, but they seem more like brother and sister sometimes with their constant high fives and goofy voices. 

I want to be a fly on the wall in ten more years when Jace is telling Janelle how she didn't nourish him and all the other stuff she always spouts to Barb. And she won't be able to deny anything, as Jace will have reel upon reel of video proof of what a crap mom she is. Poor Jace. For his sake I hope Barb has a long life and somehow he overcomes his bad deal in life. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I think Jenelle's many many many many MANY boyfriends are always rude to Barbara because she likely tells them stories about how she grew up.  I don't doubt most of them are true and no, it's not any sort of excuse for her behavior now, but I'm really curious as to the stories she tells.  She clearly had a shit life growing up and is obviously a product of her environment, which I'm assuming is why she treats Barbara the way she does (again, it's an explanation, not an excuse.)  She's still the fucking WORST, 

I agree. As loathsome as Jenelle is, there's probably some truth to what she said. Barb was a single mom with no education. That probably means she was rotating two and three jobs to keep the family afloat. There likely wasn't much supervision and one-on-one time with her children. When Jenelle made the comment, I felt like she was referring to her childhood, not the current situation with Jace. 

Regarding Kail, I think she looks much prettier and happier with Javi gone, but I don't understand why she'd go through the trouble of plastic surgery only to continue with her crappy junk food diet. I don't think I've ever seen her eat anything besides takeout and frozen food.

Chelsea and Cole are harmless, but God, they're annoying. Can they just stop with the baby voices and hold a conversation like normal adults? Just give me Pete and Aubree for Chelsea's segments so I'm not tempted to stick a fork in my ear.

• Love 6

Perhaps if Janelle didn't have MTV moneyand Barb to dump her kid on she would have more empathy for what Barb went thru. What else could she expect from a single mother trying to keep a roof over her kids head? Yes, certainly had to work numerous jobs to keep her kids fed so maybe she didn't have time to pamper Janelle the way she would have liked.

If she wasn't such an asshole she would be using her MTV riches to provide a more stable home than the one she had like Kails is doing for her boys. Instead she hooks up with douchebags that insult the woman who raises her child.  Irony will always  be lost on Janelle.

Shit, did I just compliment Kail?

• Love 16
14 hours ago, toodywoody said:
14 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Do why wasn't a Leah using a wheelchair for Ali when they were on the hill? How did Ali get up the hill, but she wants to raise hell about a backpack?

I thought the same thing.  If the wheelchair really is at school, why not use the wagon that Ali rode in when she went to the doctor?  I think I know why, because it was all for show in front of the doctor and because it's probably buried under a pile of crap in Leah's garage. 

• Love 8
(edited)
41 minutes ago, aurora296 said:

She may keep her figure (that she probably got from her dad's DNA).

Bwahaha!

31 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Perhaps if Janelle didn't have MTV moneyand Barb to dump her kid on she would have more empathy for what Barb went thru. What else could she expect from a single mother trying to keep a roof over her kids head? Yes, certainly had to work numerous jobs to keep her kids fed so maybe she didn't have time to pamper Janelle the way she would have liked.

I'm saying. Most people, myself included, appreciate our single mothers for the sacrifices they made to keep roofs over our heads despite their mistakes. And places of employment were far less accommodating to single moms then than they are now. Not that huge progress has been made. Barb is working at a deli counter at Walmart to keep Jenelle's son clothed and fed and Jenelle mocks her for it. Barb is certainly not a perfect mother or grandmother, but I commend her for getting herself and her children out of an abusive relationship. That's not easy.  I do wish she'd cut Jenelle out of Jace's life. Not doing so is just repeating the abuse. I see Jenelle continues with the emotional manipulation of Jace next week. Bet you won't address that either, Dr. Drew. Jenelle is a selfish black hole. She's Johnny Ringo with breast implants. Well Ringo was an educated man. Jenelle's more like Ike Clanton. She reminds me of that asshole on Intervention who blamed his addiction on his mother playing tennis.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 16

Where did Janelle get this "nourish me" shit from anyway? It's not one of her normal battle cries.  Is Uncle Dave also serving as her therapist with catch phrases he learned from his group circle sessions?

• Love 16

I am so mad at Jenelle for making me realize that I am old. For the last couple weeks, I've been delighting myself with her Instagram. I love reading the comments either going off on her or  kissing her ass. But man, after this last episode, I had to walk away.

There is a whole world out there of people who think she is awesome. Inspiring! Great mom! Such lucky kids, sure a cute couple, Babs has some nerve keeping Jace from you, etc. I can't anymore. I Danny Glovered, ie: repeatedly chanted "I'm too old for this shit"

Chelsea is happy. When I was a kid, I had an occasional baby voice. Totally involuntary. I didn't even pealize I was doing it until one of my brothers got annoyed with it. The thing is, I was happy, and some asshole comes along and tells me not to talk that way, and I would feel my body deflate. I was too young to understand that it was their problem, not mine. I dunno, I just get really irritated when people go off on her about her baby voice. Cole obviously thinks it's adorable and does it back to her. She kissed 1,000 frogs when she kissed Adumb. She's finally understanding what it's like to be with a nice person and I am so happy for her. She can talk like Pee-wee Herman for all I care . 

• Love 20
24 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

Yes maybe Barb isn't all moon beams and rainbows, but I think the hate Jenelle has is from her dad leaving. She has said things about him and clearly still thinks he's the best ever and that Barb is shit. 

Jenelle needs to look at the bigger picture,  which she is incapable of doing because she has no empathy for any one. Her mother worked multiple jobs to keep a roof over her head and to 'nourish' her by putting food on the table. Barb worked hard to make ends meet and provide for her kids. Working multiple jobs and being on your feet is tiring and trying. I imagine the kids gave her nothing but hell and being tired did not help. But Jenelle needs to realize Barb couldn't stop every second and hold her hand for every scrap and bruise or ache and pain. And if she hates her mom so much then why have her raise your child. 

Jenelle should admire her mother for working those jobs to keep a roof over her head and Jenelle should try to be a better person because her mother didn't pawn her or her siblings off on her parents. She should thank her lucky stars that she had a hard working mom who worked two jobs and who is still there for her no matter how nasty she is to her. Jenelle should be ashamed of herself for how she treats Barbara. And Barbara tries with her but Jenelle is too busy worrying about Jenelle to give a fuck about Barb or Jace. I know Barb has her faults but those kids could have ended up in foster care or worse. And I see Barb as being an introvert but that doesn't mean she doesn't love her kids. Look how many times she has never given up on Jenelle and been there for her. So Jenelle can have several thousand seats with her bullshit.

Has Jenelle ever asked Barb is she needed anything, how her day was, or hey let's send you to a spa day or hey dude do you need a day to yourself, I'll pick up Jace. No it is always come bring Jace to me, I can't see Jace, oh poor me, oh me and my boyfriend, me, me, me, me.

So once again she can cry me a river of how bad she had it. She had and has a mother that takes her fucking shit and raises her kid and is there for her and other things while she lays around all day and bitches about life, her mother, her exes, and other things. while she is doing that, her mother is raising her son and working. so fuck you Jenelle.

This post wins my internet for the day! I'll sing along with you on cry me a river, Jenelle. This evil, little bitch has a mother that worked her ass off to make ends meet and didn't opt out of raising her kids. Jenelle has never worked a honest day in her life and wouldn't know what 'nourish' (I really think she meant nurture) was if it bit her in the ass. The only 'nourishing' she's ever done is with her bank account for her dick of the moment. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, blubld43 said:

I took that as Isaac being genuinely concerned for his mother.  He's certainly aware that she loses her shit sometimes; I think he was just checking!  He's such a sweet kid; no matter what Kail does, she's doing a good job with her children.  I give her props for her efforts; she certainly had no example set for her.

I never thought I would say this, but I actually felt bad for Jenelle in this episode.  I think she was begging her mother for love, expressing her hurt and anger as best she could.   I don't excuse Jenelle, or condone her neglect of her children, but that scene cracked my Jenelle-hate a little.  And how about Kaiser trying to comfort her??  That poor baby, bless him, he evidently knows what love is.  What a sad, damaged family.  I really wish Jenelle would throw Uncle Bad Touch out-although he appears to be Kaiser's primary care-giver.  Nathan?  You're full of shit; we all know you settled for every other weekend so don't give me the sad-face bullshit about "my son".  You don't give a shit about him; you're letting him stay with his mother who is incapable of loving him as a parent should.

Pete the Pig needs more scenes; Chelsea and Cole are sweet as can be but pretty boring.  And IMO, if Adumb wants to take Aubree and Paislee to his weightlifting stuff, well, that's what he does.  That's what he's interested in; I guess if he wants to share it with his daughters, why not?  They didn't seem to be bored, or uncomfortable in any way.

Am I the only one who remembers Adam has SUPERVISED visitation ? He is supposed to be with his parents when he has Aubree. I did not see his parents around the gym. 

Guess what? Leah was (still is?) running around the holler seeking dick and drugs. That is what she was interested in. I suppose dragging her girlses to doing duch things would be ok since it was what Leah was interested in.

It is one thing for Adam to have interests. It is another thing when his interests take priority over his children 100 percent of the time. Just like Jenelle cannot bother with Jace because her "interests" take priority. She is going to spring break all! She ain't got time to be with her children.

When will Adam do for his children that puts their needs and interests first?

NEVER.

• Love 9
On 5/30/2016 at 9:06 PM, truelovekiss said:

IIs eating pizza with ranch a thing?!?!? I'm sorry but that looks awful haha.

On 5/30/2016 at 9:27 PM, truelovekiss said:

So is ranch on pizza like a trendy thing? Like hipsters do it? I  swear to God, I'm 24 years old, I'm young I should know these things haha.

On 5/30/2016 at 9:54 PM, poopchute said:

Not surprised that Kail puts ranch dressing on pizza.  It's a total fat person white trash thing.

TOTALLY a thing... and not a white trash thing.  I may be fat but I am far from white trash.  And pizza on ranch is delicious!  

But for me it has to be a really good homemade ranch.... and not all pizzas.  So I'm a little particular about it but I will not look down upon someone who wants to put Hidden Valley on every pizza they eat.  Totally ok.

P.S.  Try ranch on on baked or mashed potatoes.  Life changing. 

On 5/30/2016 at 11:26 PM, Little Spoon said:

Cough, cough (chokes on her pizza and ranch)

Whaaaat?!

Oh, moderaters.........

Cheers! [insert facebook emoji's with beer glasses]

On 5/31/2016 at 9:11 AM, Uncle JUICE said:

Per Chelsea, they said they were happy Aubree had Cole to go with for the father daughter dance. In the end, I don't get why Chelsea would give a shit about that affirmation...there's no objective measure by which Adam isn't a shitbag father through and through. Having his parents say they're happy Cole is there advances to ball not one more yard, it's just dumb. 

It's not dumb and it's totally valid and important to the people who it effects.  My brother went through a 6 year mess with his ex baby-mama and when he finally had enough and ended it for good he found a good decent relationship (and is now married) and his ex's parents actually told him "we are very happy for you - you deserve it".  It even made me tear up a little bit. They love their daughter because they put up with her during all her messed up shit (drugs, stealing, etc...) but it's nice to see someone receive the recognition they deserve.

15 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I have noticed in the last five episodes, Kail has fed her kids fast food. Kail will gain weight soon since she cannot stop eating like the pig she is.

I'm sure if I had a lot of money I would probably eat a lot of fast food too, BUT I find it hard to snark watching them eat fast food on the show. It's probably just the easiest option when they have filming days.  

• Love 6

This is going to be the dissenting view, I'm sure.  Let me preface this by saying I hate Jenelle.  Since season 1 she's shown herself to be a narcissistic spoiled brat with an obvious personality disorder.  That being said, this episode was one of the first times I have ever felt a glimpse of sympathy for Jenelle.  She was infuriating and laughable because every other sentence that left her mouth was riddled with so much irony I'm surprised it didn't come back and smack her between the eyes.  BUT, when she was complaining to her mom about not being "nourished" and loved as a child, I truly think Jenelle feels (and probably justifiably so) that her needs were not met by her mother when she was young.  Barb probably did the best she could at the time, but it's apparent that it fell far short of what was needed to help Jenelle develop into a stable adult.  And when Jenelle was relaying the scenario back to Creepy Dave she said something to the effect of "I told her I wasn't nourished or loved as a child, and she laughed at me.  She laughed in my face" and then she burst into tears.  I felt like that was one of the rare, RARE moments that Jenelle was crying because she was truly hurt and not crying out of manipulation or to gain sympathy (which is her normal MO).

This moment of empathy for her was sandwiched in between my utter disbelief at her statements such as "she never does anything for me" (um, except RAISE YOUR SON) and "She doesn't have time for me but can leave to go to New Jersey" while Kaiser was hugging her (um...didn't YOU just come back from New York after abandoning Kaiser with your flavor-of-the month's sister, and aren't you leaving AGAIN for Spring Break soon??). 

• Love 7

Janelle.....Biggest contradiction ever: "I don't like being poked with things." Well, let's see, you have a shit load of tattoos and you were a heroin user."

Not to mention a string of loser boyfriends.

• Love 2

I'm sure Janelle had a crap childhood. I doubt Barb was a very good mother. We can tell who taught Janelle screaming and swearing as a primary means of communication. But I doubt that Janelle's childhood comes close to the horror that was probably Kailyn's childhood. Janelle wasn't abandoned by her mother while pregnant at 16. Barb was not, at least that we know of, addicted to drugs or alcohol. And Kailyn is managing to parent. She has her dysfunctional issues, for sure, but she's taking care of her kids. Even Leah manages to show up on a regular basis for her girls, and I'm pretty sure she was molested as a kid, and is probably still using pain medication. And she makes it there. Not on time, but her daughters see that she at least cares about them and wants them around. What bugs me most about Janelle is that she doesn't even really try. Her kids are an afterthought unless she needs to use them to get out of an assault charge.

• Love 20
56 minutes ago, gunderda said:

TOTALLY a thing... and not a white trash thing.  I may be fat but I am far from white trash.  And pizza on ranch is delicious!  

But for me it has to be a really good homemade ranch.... and not all pizzas.  So I'm a little particular about it but I will not look down upon someone who wants to put Hidden Valley on every pizza they eat.  Totally ok.

P.S.  Try ranch on on baked or mashed potatoes.  Life changing. 

Cheers! [insert facebook emoji's with beer glasses]

It's not dumb and it's totally valid and important to the people who it effects.  My brother went through a 6 year mess with his ex baby-mama and when he finally had enough and ended it for good he found a good decent relationship (and is now married) and his ex's parents actually told him "we are very happy for you - you deserve it".  It even made me tear up a little bit. They love their daughter because they put up with her during all her messed up shit (drugs, stealing, etc...) but it's nice to see someone receive the recognition they deserve.

I'm sure if I had a lot of money I would probably eat a lot of fast food too, BUT I find it hard to snark watching them eat fast food on the show. It's probably just the easiest option when they have filming days.  

How about salads? That does not require cooking. If filming gets in the way of cooking for Kail (LOL) Isaac could eat pizza while Hulk chomps down a salad. 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, poopchute said:

I wouldn't talk to ANYONE the way Jenelle talks to Barb.  She is SO rude and condescending every s I don't understand how Barb can tolerate it.  

I don't understand WHY Barb tolerates it. We teach people how to treat us. Barb teaches Jenelle that its ok to treat her that way by continuing to answer Jenelle's phone calls, driving Jace to her house and picking him up, engaging with her during these fights instead of walking away, not following through on her threats, listening to her cry and whine after her break-ups, etc.

I can't imagine it's easy to cut your child out of your life but not holding Jenelle accountable for her actions is hurting her, not helping her. Also, letting Jace have a relationship with Jenelle is hurting him.

• Love 7

I don't think MTV would have a problem filming while Kail throws a couple of chicken breasts in the oven.  It's not hard and it takes about 30 seconds to put it in the oven and then she can go back to facetiming while they cook.  

• Love 5
(edited)
21 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

(No intention of quoting here, it won't let me delete it. This is not in response to Chicken Wing. )

I am sure that Barb was not a very good mother to Jenelle. Because despite rescuing him from a worse fate, she is not a very good mother to Jace. And as people tend to mellow with age, I would bet whatever Jace sees, Jenelle saw worse.

But that to me makes Jenelle LESS sympathetic, not more. She knew! She knew exactly what kind of hell she was leaving her baby in and she DID IT ANYWAYS. She abandoned her baby to someone who feels made her the way she is. She had other options, including adoption, or hell, staying in for a night and feeding her child. She says Barb didn't "nourish" her? When Jace was an infant, he would have starved to death under Jenelle's supervision. Like, literally, Jenelle would not have fed him. At any point in the last 6 years she could have made an attempt to clean up her life and save her baby from Barb. She does not care. Jace isn't something that was left on her doorstep. She chose to have him, and she chose to keep him, knowing she had no interest  in raising him and would be mostly raised by an emotionally unstable caretaker who may love him, but is also very resentful of the life she now has. For that, I think she's worse than anyone else on the show, and that includes people that hit their spouses, mistreat their pets, abandon their children, speak poorly of their children's other parent in front of the child, refuse to follow medical advice for their children, and drive around impaired with their children.

ETA- I guess Nathan did suggest knocking up Jenelle and left him with her for months without filing for custody, and has settled with her at every other weekend, so by my definition I guess he sucks as much as she does.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Chelsea and Cole as a couple.  I'm perplexed by those who don't see them as a match, they seem perfect for one another to me.

Some people think pizza and ranch dressing is great and others think it's gross. I don't get perplexed because people think it's great even though I think it's gross because we all have different perceptions and tastes. Chelsea's personality it just something that I don't find attractive. There is an extreme neediness there that's off-putting to my senses. 

Forgot to mention in my last post that I don't understand why Barbara continually engages with Jenelle. It's always the same old, same old with her. Why get into to constantly unless you yourself need the drama? 

• Love 4
(edited)

If Aubrey wants to spend time with her father, she's going to have to take an interest in the things he's interested in.  It's not likely going

to go the other way.

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 8

I don't know if it's been touched on yet, but does anybody know exactly what Leah was referring to when she was talking about 'unlearning' all the wrong things she was taught?  Does she mean actually told by her parents or learned by example?  And could this statement mean that there's trouble between her and Dawn now?

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, eskimo said:

If Aubrey wants to spend time with her father, she's going to have to take an interest in the things he's interested in.  It's not likely going

to go the other way.

You're never too young to take up monster truck driving and binge drinking.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, eskimo said:

I don't know if it's been touched on yet, but does anybody know exactly what Leah was referring to when she was talking about 'unlearning' all the wrong things she was taught?  Does she mean actually told by her parents or learned by example?  And could this statement mean that there's trouble between her and Dawn now?

I was curious about this too.  But at the same time I was thinking "ughhh here we go with the excuses as to why she's a hot mess..."

41 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

How about salads? That does not require cooking. If filming gets in the way of cooking for Kail (LOL) Isaac could eat pizza while Hulk chomps down a salad. 

I know healthy adults that don't like salads.  

and maybe she does eat salads. on days when she's not filming and she can stick to a diet better. 

have we ever seen chelsea and aubrey eat a meal? maybe aubrey is starving. 

• Love 5

If I remember correctly, Dawn was a teen mom herself. While Leah's current stepfather seems nice and stable, we don't know what Leah was put through during her early years. I'm sure there was crap. If nothing else, we've seen Dawn be passive aggressive and blame everyone else for Leah's bad choices. Maybe Leah meant taking responsibility and not being a psycho. At least she was acknowledging that she hasn't always handled things in the best way.

Speaking of Leah, it would be nice if Leah, Miranda, or Corey would go get the damn wheelchair and get a van to transport it in. That would solve the backpack-holding dilemma. Three adults can't keep track of one wheelchair.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

Maybe Leah meant taking responsibility and not being a psycho. At least she was acknowledging that she hasn't always handled things in the best way.

Ironic, because I think mentioning "unlearning" certain things was a way to passive aggressively blame all her current failings on the way she was raised.

• Love 4
(edited)

@Tatum it has done that whe I've replied before too. It would not go away. I had to clear my history and start all over for it to go away. 

20 minutes ago, gunderda said:

I was curious about this too.  But at the same time I was thinking "ughhh here we go with the excuses as to why she's a hot mess..."

and maybe she does eat salads. on days when she's not filming and she can stick to a diet better. 

No, but we have seen Jeremy cook bacon. ?

Oh, and Kail bake cookies. Hahahaha

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 4

Charmed1 I'm 37 so I hope I didn't offend you or anyone else in our age group. (I still get carded for lottery tickets and when I go out for drinks)  But Leah is what, 22-23 years old.  It's really sad how much older she looks.

Janelle -  I think people find it so hard to sympathize with her because of how she treats people in general.  I didn't feel sorry for her one bit when she was screaming at Barbara when Barbara was asking her to go to Jace's soapbox event.  When Babs was trying to explain herself she kept cutting Barbara off in the rudest way.  Telling her to shut up and screaming about why is she going to NJ.  I can't with Janelle.  She is so selfish.  Barbara is raising her child and when she wants to take some time and do something for herself or see her other child, Janelle goes batshit crazy.  OMG!! she is exhausting.  I have a very low tolerance level for other peoples bullshit and am called mean or insensitive when I don't talk in circles and call people out their shit so I often watch this show in disbelief at how people placate these moms. 

I was only half watching the episode so when I caught Kailyn facetiming Javi and he was asking her about her feelings and she said I don't know what you want from me I don't have emotions.  I chuckled a bit.  it was mean but I understand where she was coming from.  Kail didn't grow up with a loving family so shes not the typical mushy girlfriend/wife some men need.  Kail isn't going to get all misty eyed and tell Javi I miss you sooooo much baby I love you and I need you here with me.  Kail is like listen you are there I am here, life goes on, how was your day.  She aint got time for that crap cus she has two kids and other stuff to do.  I get it.

• Love 6
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

You're never too young to take up monster truck driving and binge drinking.

And weight-lifting. Even though Aubree told Adam she had no interest in it, she must be having a blast. Paislee can probably put herself to use spotting Adam on the bench press. She can handle it.

Charmed1 I'm 37 so I hope I didn't offend you or anyone else in our age group. (I still get carded for lottery tickets and when I go out for drinks)

Not at all, fellow late 70's baby! Out of the three of us, Leah would be the one who'd never be carded. Now let's eat a big bowl of Smurfberry Crunch and watch Thundercats until the school bus gets here.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Ironic, because I think mentioning "unlearning" certain things was a way to passive aggressively blame all her current failings on the way she was raised.

When I heard that, I blurted out "Now she's blaming her mother!"  Throw mom under the bus on national television in one of her contrived conversations, along with Corey, Miranda, Jeremy, etc.

39 minutes ago, eskimo said:

to go the other way.

That's sad and so true. That isn't how parenting works.

I can't feel any empathy for Janelle and this comes from a person who does live with constant pain everyday. Barb started to laugh at her during her 'you never loved me' because it was crazy. Janelle gets on her tirade and just starts shouting. I don't doubt that Janelle's childhood was probably not great but then again, like others have said, Barb was a single mom trying to hold down jobs to take care of her kids. And then she was probably thinking when Janelle was a teen, she would be able to relax and take time off and Janelle gets pregnant and then has her child but refuses to raise him. Like a week after having Jace, Janelle was off going to parties. And what's funny about Barb going off to NJ isn't like Barb is going on a vacation, she is going with her other daughter who needs her help. Unlike Janelle, who jets off wherever the hell she wants to go.  I'm sorry but I can't feel empathy for a person like that. 

• Love 13
(edited)
1 hour ago, configdotsys said:

Some people think pizza and ranch dressing is great and others think it's gross. I don't get perplexed because people think it's great even though I think it's gross because we all have different perceptions and tastes. Chelsea's personality it just something that I don't find attractive. There is an extreme neediness there that's off-putting to my senses. 

Forgot to mention in my last post that I don't understand why Barbara continually engages with Jenelle. It's always the same old, same old with her. Why get into to constantly unless you yourself need the drama? 

I guess I'm one of those people who looks for objective facts to support a conclusion.  *shrug*   Not everyone feels that way, obviously, and that's okay.  I'm just curious about why people don't think they're a match. 

Does anyone know why Barb is always driving Jace to and from Jenelle's?  She has a driver's license, right?  Why is Barb the one in charge of transport?

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

When I heard that, I blurted out "Now she's blaming her mother!"  Throw mom under the bus on national television in one of her contrived conversations, along with Corey, Miranda, Jeremy, etc.

Well, give her credit, it did take her 6 years to get around to blaming Mama Dawn. She held out as long as possible but she ran out of people in the holler and now it's Mama Dawn's fault- because it sure as hell is never Leah's.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, gunderda said:

My post was about Kail since the subject matter is about Kail eating ranch on her pizza and I referenced how Kail is again shown eating junk food in this latest episode. She has been shown eating junk food in almost every single episode this season. I am not discussing Chelsea or Aubree. 

Kail has been shown "cooking" before. She shoved fish sticks and nuggets in her oven. 

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

And weight-lifting. Even though Aubree told Adam she had no interest in it, she must be having a blast. Paislee can probably put herself to use spotting Adam on the bench press. She can handle it.

Not at all, fellow late 70's baby! Out of the three of us, Leah would be the one who'd never be carded. Now let's eat a big bowl of Smurfberry Crunch and watch Thundercats until the school bus gets here.

Oooh ooooh, me too!  I'm 38!  Although I prefer Jem and the Holograms.  Or She-Ra.  My Little Pony would work in a pinch too.  Why the hell do they look like Bratz dolls now?  The fuck?

Thank you for that mental image of little Paislee spotting Adam.  That alone will get me through the rest of this miserable day.

• Love 5

But that to me makes Jenelle LESS sympathetic, not more. She knew! She knew exactly what kind of hell she was leaving her baby in and she DID IT ANYWAYS. She abandoned her baby to someone who feels made her the way she is. She had other options, including adoption, or hell, staying in for a night and feeding her child. She says Barb didn't "nourish" her? When Jace was an infant, he would have starved to death under Jenelle's supervision. Like, literally, Jenelle would not have fed him. At any point in the last 6 years she could have made an attempt to clean up her life and save her baby from Barb. She does not care. Jace isn't something that was left on her doorstep. She chose to have him, and she chose to keep him, knowing she had no interest  in raising him and would be mostly raised by an emotionally unstable caretaker who may love him, but is also very resentful of the life she now has. For that, I think she's worse than anyone else on the show, and that includes people that hit their spouses, mistreat their pets, abandon their children, speak poorly of their children's other parent in front of the child, refuse to follow medical advice for their children, and drive around impaired with their children

.I like Barb and think she is doing her best but I agree with all of this. If Janelle thinks Barb is that bad she should have moved heaven and earth to get Jace back. She did nothing of the sort.

• Love 7
(edited)
22 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

My post was about Kail since the subject matter is about Kail eating ranch on her pizza and I referenced how Kail is again shown eating junk food in this latest episode. She has been shown eating junk food in almost every single episode this season. I am not discussing Chelsea or Aubree. 

Kail has been shown "cooking" before. She shoved fish sticks and nuggets in her oven. 

Maybe pizza and ranch is a California thing.  That's where I live and I didn't bat an eye at it, people here do it all the time.  Definitely not a "white trash" thing.  My four year old does it  (I do not, because, ew.) 

I agree that they eat out a lot.  Remember Javi's "going away meal" eaten out of plastic containers?  I'm guessing Javi's mom probably did a lot of cooking for them and now that she's gone, Kail has reverted back to her late teen eating habits.  I mean, how many of us were home cooking healthy, nutritious meals in our late teens/early twenties?  I'd wager not very many.  She's going to be hating life in about a decade when her metabolism grinds to a screeching halt, though.  If I ate now the way I did when I was 22 I'd weigh 400 pounds.  Of course, she's pretty into Crossfit too and they're all about good nutrition so god knows what's up with her, really.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 4

Regarding Leah's remark about unlearning things wasn't really meant to say that she was raised wrong or that she blames her mother for anything. I think she's just acknowledging what a lot of people realize as adults, that her upbringing wasn't perfect and she maybe wasn't taught all the right things that she needed to be taught or acquired the best habits that she needed to have and now she has to learn from those mistakes in order to do better for her kids, just as her mother learned from her grandmother's mistakes to do better for her kids, and so on and so on. She's not throwing Dawn under the bus. I'm sure she feels her mother did the best with what she knew, but now Leah is realizing there were things that probably should have been done better and so she's going to work on getting out of the bad habits and learn good ones.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mlsmit7 said:

I don't understand WHY Barb tolerates it. We teach people how to treat us. Barb teaches Jenelle that its ok to treat her that way by continuing to answer Jenelle's phone calls, driving Jace to her house and picking him up, engaging with her during these fights instead of walking away, not following through on her threats, listening to her cry and whine after her break-ups, etc.

I can't imagine it's easy to cut your child out of your life but not holding Jenelle accountable for her actions is hurting her, not helping her. Also, letting Jace have a relationship with Jenelle is hurting him.

ML, I agree with you but could you imagine the push back Barb would get if she decided to cut Janelle out of her and Jace's life.  Push back from Dr.Drew, Janelle's fan base, Janelle, Her boy of the month.  OMG Barb is not a young woman and I don't think she would be able to handle it.  We feel one way about her situation on this board but some other places think Janelle is the shit.  They admire that girl, think she is a good mum.  

in my opinion, Barb is a saint to put up with that disrespectful, ungrateful fraction of a woman that she brought into this world.  I truly feel that Barb is between a rock and a hard place.

• Love 8

Well I'm back to watching this hot mess. It's ALWAYS playing on MTV so I watched a marathon one day. I missed you all and the snark very much.

I also didn't know pizza and ranch was a thing but I frequently dip pizza crusts into blue cheese. *shrug*

Kail was dull this week but Isaac makes her scenes. What a lovely boy! 

Jenelle crying about nourishment was hilarious. Maybe she should switch from that low carb diet of hers.

Leah looked AWFUL. 

Chelsea's baby voice is annoying but I like her with Cole.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Oh, I still hate Kail. She just tries too hard to be "classy" and confuses her MTV money with respectability.  Who puts a 6 year old in a Polo shirt to paint?!

I don't know. I do think Kail can be OTT, but I also think it's possible Isaac likes to dress that way. I seem to remember a scene of them before when he was being fussy about clothes. I think that kid just has his own style and preferences. 

19 hours ago, Cabarb said:

1.  Am I the only one who noticed Addi's black eye at the end of the episode during the little fade to black music montage?

I thought it was marker. 

7 hours ago, blubld43 said:

I took that as Isaac being genuinely concerned for his mother.  He's certainly aware that she loses her shit sometimes; I think he was just checking!  He's such a sweet kid; no matter what Kail does, she's doing a good job with her children.  I give her props for her efforts; she certainly had no example set for her.

I agree. I thought the question was genuine and unprompted. Isaac has always been sweet and sensitive like that. I think he truly cares about how his mom is doing. 

5 hours ago, lezlers said:

I wish someone made a scandalous video of Ali complaining that her mean mom made her climb a steep ass hill when she was tired that Miranda showed to everyone around town, including an MTV film crew.  That would've been OUTSTANDING.

Or that her mom didn't feed her breakfast and sent her to school without lunch. Or that her mother thinks burned ravioli at midnight is an acceptable dinner. Or that her mother cries hysterical and nods off while driving her around in the hoard-mobile. 

• Love 10

Javi's mother did the cooking, cleaning and child rearing. I'm so curious to see that Kail's life will be like next season when his mother isn't there to press the boys' button-down shirts each morning. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, lovesnark said:

This post wins my internet for the day! I'll sing along with you on cry me a river, Jenelle. This evil, little bitch has a mother that worked her ass off to make ends meet and didn't opt out of raising her kids. Jenelle has never worked a honest day in her life and wouldn't know what 'nourish' (I really think she meant nurture) was if it bit her in the ass. The only 'nourishing' she's ever done is with her bank account for her dick of the moment. 

The thing is, I do think Barb probably raised Jenelle in a very toxic way. And I'm not willing to let her being a single mother excuse all of that. My mother was one, and she is amazing. But, that said, Jenelle is an adult. Has been for many years now. If she realizes she wasn't raised right, and Barb has been harmful to her, WHY is she perpetuating the cycle? Jace is an afterthought and Kaiser is a pawn. Most parents I know, even the ones with great upbringings, try to give their kids what they didn't have. She lives for herself and herself alone. She is way past the point of blaming Barb for her problems. 

3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

I bet if Kail stumbled across the mason jar salads that are all over Pinterest it would become a weekly staple in her house. 

2 hours ago, configdotsys said:

Some people think pizza and ranch dressing is great and others think it's gross. I don't get perplexed because people think it's great even though I think it's gross because we all have different perceptions and tastes

When I was younger I use to rip all the toppings off, pat down the sauce, and eat the crust. I finally stopped because it became embarrassing. Now I make a homemade deep dish pizza with olive oil instead of red sauce. 

2 hours ago, eskimo said:

to go the other way.

So....chicken wings, tattoos, and meeting chicks off of Instagram?

Does anyone know why Barb is always driving Jace to and from Jenelle's?  She has a driver's license, right?  Why is Barb the one in charge of transport?

I'm sure it's because Jenelle had a Kesha concert to attend.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Maybe pizza and ranch is a California thing.  That's where I live and I didn't bat an eye at it, people here do it all the time.  Definitely not a "white trash" thing.  My four year old does it  (I do not, because, ew.) 

I agree that they eat out a lot.  Remember Javi's "going away meal" eaten out of plastic containers?  I'm guessing Javi's mom probably did a lot of cooking for them and now that she's gone, Kail has reverted back to her late teen eating habits.  I mean, how many of us were home cooking healthy, nutritious meals in our late teens/early twenties?  I'd wager not very many.  She's going to be hating life in about a decade when her metabolism grinds to a screeching halt, though.  If I ate now the way I did when I was 22 I'd weigh 400 pounds.  Of course, she's pretty into Crossfit too and they're all about good nutrition so god knows what's up with her, really.

Hope your day goes by fast. Hoping it is better tomorrow.

Agree with your sentiments about Chelsea and Cole.

I did not bat an eye at the ranch with pizza scene. It is the norm here in California.

Kail eating junk food should not be a surprise since she ate junk food the day after her procedure. Gross.

At the age of 23 I was a SAHM. We ate out once a week. Pizza and other junk was part of our eating out nights. But,  I also did not have plastic surgery to get rid of fat. Kail's eating habits will have her back to the surgeon's office.

I keep reading about how can Jenelle sit back as her boyfriend disrespects Barb. Easy. She is the one who is disrespecting her own mother. The boyfriends just follow suit. Jenelle wants them on her side, not Barb's side.

Leah's hair is not a perm. That is natural. Mama Dawn has that same ugly hair. They just iron the hell out of their hair.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3
On May 31, 2016 at 2:52 PM, poeticlicensed said:

So let's make a list of all Janelle's symptoms:

• headaches
  • muscle aches
  • restless leg syndrome (self diagnosed)
  • vision problems including seeing molecules without a microscope
  • night terrors
  • panic attacks
  • anxiety
  • can't sleep
  • heart palpitations

Dude, you forgot that she can't spell and is having trouble putting sentences together. 

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

The thing is, I do think Barb probably raised Jenelle in a very toxic way. And I'm not willing to let her being a single mother excuse all of that. My mother was one, and she is amazing. But, that said, Jenelle is an adult. Has been for many years now. If she realizes she wasn't raised right, and Barb has been harmful to her, WHY is she perpetuating the cycle? Jace is an afterthought and Kaiser is a pawn. Most parents I know, even the ones with great upbringings, try to give their kids what they didn't have. She lives for herself and herself alone. She is way past the point of blaming Barb for her problems. 

I bet if Kail stumbled across the mason jar salads that are all over Pinterest it would become a weekly staple in her house. 

When I was younger I use to rip all the toppings off, pat down the sauce, and eat the crust. I finally stopped because it became embarrassing. Now I make a homemade deep dish pizza with olive oil instead of red sauce. 

So....chicken wings, tattoos, and meeting chicks off of Instagram?

I'm sure it's because Jenelle had a Kesha concert to attend.  

She can't drive. She has restless legs. She sees molecules. Her knees hurt. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

I guess I'm one of those people who looks for objective facts to support a conclusion.  *shrug*   Not everyone feels that way, obviously, and that's okay.  I'm just curious about why people don't think they're a match. 

I mean, I guess it's possible, but I doubt that a heavily edited, largely scripted, reenactment laden television program is providing objective facts. *shrug* 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, configdotsys said:

I mean, I guess it's possible, but I doubt that a heavily edited, largely scripted, reenactment laden television program is providing objective facts. *shrug* 

But, it is a show that is responsible for lowering the teen pregnancy in this country!! 

:-)

• Love 3