Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: Lovesick Danny

• Start Topic

Danny offers a love poem to a charter guest, disobeying a direct order from Capt. Mark in the process.  Also, Bobby's feelings for Julia grow stronger; Tiffany works on her skills; and Ben is torn between two stews, only to make a shocking discovery.

(edited)

Danny is a hot mess obviously. But I was super annoyed with Bryan's comment that being emotional is not very "manly." Bryan can take a long walk off a short pier, bro. His misogyny is showing and it's not a good look. Danny is beyond emotional. Guy is a disaster and wildly inappropriate. Such a massive creeper. 

Edited by jkitty
  • Love 9

Wtf was that mess w Danny? The note writing was dumb enough, but his extreme emotional responses to every little thing were so strange. I wish he got fired. What a sappy fool. I mean, it could be worse - he doesn't seem mean (and the thing with the pictures on Jen's wall seemed nice). But the inability to control his overly emotional impulses or discern when his behavior is or is not appropriate makes him seem so unbalanced... 

The tattooed bro is turning out much less annoying than I thought he would be. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, wovenloaf said:

Wtf was that mess w Danny? The note writing was dumb enough, but his extreme emotional responses to every little thing were so strange. I wish he got fired. What a sappy fool. I mean, it could be worse - he doesn't seem mean (and the thing with the pictures on Jen's wall seemed nice). But the inability to control his overly emotional impulses or discern when his behavior is or is not appropriate makes him seem so unbalanced... 

The tattooed bro is turning out much less annoying than I thought he would be. 

The thing that was even more inappropriate was that he let the guests know that the captain told him not to give Morgan the poem, but that he did it anyway and was probably going to get in trouble. Next thing the guests are hugging him and declaring themselves to be Team Danny. If he was truly all about guest comfort, he never would have shared any of those details. It only serves to detract from their experience and elevate his immature drama over their pleasure and enjoyment. The nonsense with Leon and Rocky was just shy of causing the crew to throw punches, but the guests never knew anything about it.

• Love 13
(edited)

I think Danny has some sort of kink about believing it is his duty to please women. Maybe it has to do with his family because he said something about having to take care off his mother and sisters while he was growing up. So he sends notes and goes out of his way to make Jen feel happy.

I think Jen should get 5 gold stars for keeping the "kiss" to herself. I think Bob should have just let it go and not created a big scene.

Edited by Belowdeckchatter
  • Love 3

I could not stop laughing every time Danny said that he creates moments. It still makes me laugh, because it was so ridiculous. Anyone catch what Morgan wrote to him in her note? I have to wonder about those girls who thought the poem was just so sweet. I wish Jen had told about the kiss so he would be gone, because I have a feeling we are in for more Danny being an idiot because he "creates moments". I do think overall Danny is harmless idiot. He is ridiculous and needs to do his job over hanging out with the guests, but harmless.

I kind of loved Bobby for his reaction to Danny writing a poem when he was suppose to be actually doing deckhand work. I would be pissed if there was work to do, and my co-worker had to stop and write a poem for someone who was crying about fish.

While I thought that Danny should have been fired, I did love the Captain saying that Danny should be a Walmart greeter, when Danny said he was a people person.

• Love 9
55 minutes ago, Belowdeckchatter said:

I think Danny has some sort of kink about believing it is his duty to please women. Maybe it has to do with his family because he said something about having to take care off his mother and sisters while he was growing up.

Yup. He said his father couldn't work because he was an alcoholic. Okaaay, make those excuses for daddy. So he took on the role of the man of the house. No wonder he's so fucked up. People pleasing all day every day. Poor kid. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Belowdeckchatter said:

I think Danny has some sort of kink about believing it is his duty to please women. Maybe it has to do with his family because he said something about having to take care off his mother and sisters while he was growing up. So he sends notes and goes out of his way to make Jen feel happy.

I think Jen should get 5 gold stars for keeping the "kiss" to herself. I think Bob should have just let it go and not created a big scene.

I don't think Danny has a kink…I think he likes to use the "sweet guy" routine to nail/hit on chicks.  He even claimed he does anything it takes to make the guests happy.  Really, Danny? I don't remember you whispering sweet nothings in the ears of the Steelers fans or writing them a poem when everyone thought the game wouldn't be viewable on the boat.  

• Love 19
3 hours ago, jkitty said:

Danny is a hot mess obviously. But I was super annoyed with Bryan's comment that being emotional is not very "manly." Bryan can take a long walk off a short pier, bro. His misogyny is showing and it's not a good look. Danny is beyond emotional. Guy is a disaster and wildly inappropriate. Such a massive creeper. 

I would normally agree with this but Danny was acting like a 12 year old girl who just developed her first crush.  He was ridiculous.  

I have to go with Bryan on this one.  

Speaking of Bryan, he reminds me of Jerry's 2 faced girlfriend on Seinfeld.  Sometimes he looks really cute, other times he looks like a defective Muppet. 

• Love 19
(edited)
14 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I don't think Danny has a kink…I think he likes to use the "sweet guy" routine to nail/hit on chicks.  He even claimed he does anything it takes to make the guests happy.  Really, Danny? I don't remember you whispering sweet nothings in the ears of the Steelers fans or writing them a poem when everyone thought the game wouldn't be viewable on the boat.  

Though he actually did have to be reprimanded by Bryan for talking too much to the male guests during the first charter.

Why were the dudes carrying sushi up the stairs when the kitchen is literally right off the dining room? I thought I was misremebering the layout but Morgan walks right into the kitchen requesting her vegetarian sushi.

#FISHLIVESMATTER

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6

I love how more than one person explained all the messiness away as Danny being tricked by the evil professional flirt and not him being an emotionally stunted weirdo.  He really is bridging the gap between delusional fuck and kindergartener.  

Also, I've received better notes from my 8 year old nephew.

• Love 19

Next thing the guests are hugging him and declaring themselves to be Team Danny.

Yeah, despite his claims that he was only trying to make his guest happy, the guest-pleasing is really all about Danny determined to get his infantile needs met. I think it escalated from him wanting to get laid to acting out against his colleagues' efforts to rein him in. Maybe he doesn't get much attention from attractive young women in his real life, and so he became obsessed with these guests? What if the guests had rejected him? I don't think he would have handled it well.

he looks like a defective Muppet. 

Since I think Bryan is a misogynist tool, I'm giving myself permission to criticize his appearance. I've been trying to figure out what's odd about it. He does indeed have a Muppet neck.

Loved the captain's comment about being a Walmart greeter. I like his straightforward communications and calm demeanor when dealing with the crew.

• Love 13

I think Danny planned to be on a TV show where he would come out "known" as "the guy who creates moments", and when the wheels started coming off his bus, he panicked.  The way he kept insisting that HE was VERY mad TOO, and acting like everyone was ruining something huge definitely seemed like someone whose master plan was being thwarted.  His visions of being the star of the reunion for being so sweet, for having the first romance with a passenger and for being the guy who always went the extra mile to entertain the guests was going up in flames before his very eyes and being replaced with flashes of being the big joke who acted like a hormonal kid at summer camp.  Also, repeatedly saying things like "I'm the guy who creates special memories!" is kind of like making up your own nickname and then trying to get people to use it.  These things have to happen naturally, dude. 

Hannah made some comment after the guests left the yacht about skanks, or skankiness...was she talking about the very nice, polite, not at all skankyTilted Kilt girls?  If so, that kind of pisses me off.  Hannah thinks very highly of herself for reasons I have yet to really understand, and passing judgment on those guests as if somehow she was forced to lower herself to their level is not at all cool.  Also, when she was thanked for putting together the birthday party, she said, "It wasn't just me, I'm very good at bossing people around" isn't how you give credit to the others who helped, unless you're an asshole.  Which I really, really think she is.  I miss Kate.

• Love 17

I haven't finished watching the episode quite yet BUT DANNY'S AN IDIOT.

And Danny's zeroed in on Morgan since the crew received the guest profiles, Morgan's picture was the one about which he said "she's like that good girl but really bad" or whatever.  It reminds me of that adage, "Women learn to become attracted to the men they love; men learn to love the women they're attracted to."

And Morgan seemed interested in Danny too, BUT can you imagine how uncomfortable you might feel if you were a yacht guest and a crew person was actively pursuing you the whole trip?  You would feel this pressure to be nice because you're stuck on the boat with this person for days and don't know if he's unstable enough to kill you in your sleep if you reject him. 

Ugh.

• Love 7

Both Bryan and Tiffany have something going on with their mouths that I can't look away from.  Thin lips?  No chin?  Jack-o-lantern smile?  I can't put my finger on it.

I think Ben purposefully goes choose to go for the 3rd vs. chief stew  He sure was angry to find Tiffany in Bryan's bed!  He has more chemistry with Hannah but knows what a shit show it would be because of their close working relationship.  

I like Julia, I like Bobby.  Captain is cool. I take back the Danny is sweet comment, he's creepy.  I get a feeling he has a stalking charge in his future. 

• Love 8

Did I miss the "kiss"? I watched it again and all I saw was awkward nuzzling behind a rock. And then Morgan only air kisses him on the cheek after that (like when he gave her the poem). Not exactly the actions of soul mate fueled by a passionate connection. If this was real life I would feel bad for Morgan that some creeper was on her jock (TM Bethenney Frankel) the whole charter … but Morgan is the only kilt girls' name I know so, mission accomplished? 

Daniel seems seriously unhinged though. It's disturbing. He also has some MRA "Nice Guy" entitlement vibes to him. 

• Love 1

Bryan has a Dudley do right chin. That is all I see when I look at him. 

I thought there was a lot of negative women coments going on last night. First we had Bryan with the emotional comment about all women. Then there was Hannah with her comments that came just short of slut shaming. Plus her general attitude towards them through the whole cruise where she could do less for them and they wouldn't notice cuz you know they aren't worldly. Last but not unnoticed how the Captain referred to them as professional flirts. 

I don't care for Hannah. There is just something about her that rubs me the wrong way. 

Jen was better last night. She is very pretty when she smiles. 

Danny was ridiculous and he hasn't learned his lesson.  Stay tuned for more of the Danny show.  Hormones run amok.

• Love 11

This entire crew is a mess of largely unlikeable characters. I miss OG Below Deck, where Captain Lee's crotchety reactions to all this stupidity and incompetence would've been at the very least super entertaining. 

It seems like they cast the bosun every season to be an off-putting misogynist/sexual harrassment suit waiting to happen. The way he was hitting on Tiffany made me full-body shudder. 

Danny really unsettles me. I'm definitely getting an Elliot Rodgers vibe from him, could be just a very slight physical resemblance, but the way he sees situations and interacts with women crosses over from childish/pathetic to something kinda disordered and really not right.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

Did I miss the "tip scene"?  Or did the crew just get towels and calendars?

The redhead gave Captain Mark the tip (just the tip! /Archer) directly after giving him the towel.  The crew received $18,000 in Euros which the captain said was $20,000 in dollars.

I'd be more likely to think Danny's gesture to Jen was "sweet" if he hadn't just said he'd win over each crew member one at the time.  And it was clear to me that Danny really thought he'd get away with his actions because he was just such a "Nice Guy" with only "sweet" intentions.

I liked Ben saying he wasn't in high school, so get the fuck out of his room.  IDK if it's because she chose Bobby, or if he just wanted to sleep without a two-part moaning harmony.   

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

Did I miss the "tip scene"?  Or did the crew just get towels and calendars?

They did show the tip scene (think it was in the extra 15 minutes.)  IIRC they got $18,000.  They each got a little extra from what would have been Danny's portion.  I thought it was ironic that Danny said he goes out of his way  in schmoozing with the guests so they would get bigger tips.  Seems to have backfired on him on this charter since he ended up losing his portion of what was probably one of their largest tips ever. 

Hannah surely thinks highly of herself  & thinks Ben is into her when he seems to be intrigued by the 3rd stew.  She thought sure she was going to end up in bed with him esp after making the comments about she's had a captain....but never a chef.   (Kudos for Ben for not giving into her womanly ways- I'm sure her tight skirt was meant for him.)  I don't think there is anything special or cute about her.  

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I would normally agree with this but Danny was acting like a 12 year old girl who just developed her first crush.  He was ridiculous.  

I have to go with Bryan on this one.  

Speaking of Bryan, he reminds me of Jerry's 2 faced girlfriend on Seinfeld.  Sometimes he looks really cute, other times he looks like a defective Muppet. 

I agree he was acting incredibly immature. 

Bryan is an odd one.  I found his best look to be the shirtless sushi. 

6 hours ago, JoJoPowerRanger said:

I haven't finished watching the episode quite yet BUT DANNY'S AN IDIOT.

And Danny's zeroed in on Morgan since the crew received the guest profiles, Morgan's picture was the one about which he said "she's like that good girl but really bad" or whatever.  It reminds me of that adage, "Women learn to become attracted to the men they love; men learn to love the women they're attracted to."

And Morgan seemed interested in Danny too, BUT can you imagine how uncomfortable you might feel if you were a yacht guest and a crew person was actively pursuing you the whole trip?  You would feel this pressure to be nice because you're stuck on the boat with this person for days and don't know if he's unstable enough to kill you in your sleep if you reject him. 

Ugh.

This. Isn't just amazing how the woman he wrote his name next to on the preference sheet just happened to be the one he had a "connection" with?  What are the odds??  

In all seriousness, he has maj stalker vibes and I am so not a fan.  Like I posted earlier, I did not see Morgan kiss Danny.  I saw them awkwardly hugging by a rock.  Maybe a peck occurred, which she could have very much felt pressured into (especially if she was not very sober). And maybe she liked the attention at first, but I did not see her really pursuing Danny at all.  I saw her give him an air kiss on the cheek when he gave her the much maligned poem...not pulling into her room for a clandestine smooch.  Dan took a little flirtation and built it up into a life-changing romance in his head.  Dude has problems.  

• Love 8

What is wrong with that boy? Danny, I think just hit puberty and got his first girl crush . He is so very lucky to still have a job, but after the previews for next week he may not have a job much longer. Yikes!!

Someone mentioned that none of the girls asked for Danny.   I thought I heard one of the crew say "yeah, he's sick". Did I hear that wrong?

Bryan was a little less annoying this ep. I'm sure Jen didn't like him saying to tiffany what a good job she did. Let's see how that goes

This entire crew is a mess of largely unlikeable characters. I miss OG Below Deck, where Captain Lee's crotchety reactions to all this stupidity and incompetence would've been at the very least super entertaining. 

I was shocked Danny's ass wasn't fired.  Captain Lee definitely wouldn't give this "three strikes you're out" bullshit. So you're down one man?  He was useless in the first place; not like they can't manage without him.  

And the way he was punished like a 5 year old was ridiculous, quarantining him to his room the entire day.  They should have made him actually do something, but then he would probably be secretly meeting Tipsy Girl, oops wrong show, the Tilted Kilt girl, and giving her more love poems.  

• Love 4

Someone mentioned that none of the girls asked for Danny.   I thought I heard one of the crew say "yeah, he's sick". Did I hear that wrong?

I thought it was Bobby who said Danny was sick. I think the girl (Morgan?) asked him to give the towel to his roommate. Are Bobby and Danny roommates?

I was shocked Danny's ass wasn't fired.  Captain Lee definitely wouldn't give this "three strikes you're out" bullshit. So you're down one man?  He was useless in the first place; not like they can't manage without him.

Captain Lee kept a lot of useless people around longer than necessary too. Rocky jumped overboard, but still wasn't fired. I am sure there are other examples as well. I like Captain Mark and Captain Lee. I did appreciate that Captain Mark did not give Danny any of the tip money. I believe Captain Lee does regardless. Also, Captain Mark gave Bobby and Danny busy work on what should have been their night off because they brought those girls back. I am sure Captain Lee doles out punishments as well, but I am not remembering much of regular Below Deck right now.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Loved the captain's comment about being a Walmart greeter. I like his straightforward communications and calm demeanor when dealing with the crew.

I agree.  I wasn't feeling the captain the first few episodes.  But he's growing on me, and speaks of actual yachting skills more in a way that makes me believe (for right or wrong) that he really the one behind the wheel of the vessel. 

As for Hannah, did you notice in the beginning while the crew was meeting to discuss the charter, she hinted that they were strippers, asked if they had stripper names etc etc and Captain and Ben kept correcting her.  She pulled a face that made it VERY clear how she felt about this set of guests, and that was all before she mentioned she was use to it from having escorts on board before.  Wasn't a good look for her.  She looked like a jealous hater.  It's starting to appear to me that she's one of those gals that "doesn't get along with other women", because she's just so much cooler and unemotional and a super special snowflake that all the boys want to hang out with.  The way she treats Tiffany has made that come a bit more into focus for me.  She's showing herself to be a bully and a bitch.

3 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

Danny really unsettles me. I'm definitely getting an Elliot Rodgers vibe from him, could be just a very slight physical resemblance, but the way he sees situations and interacts with women crosses over from childish/pathetic to something kinda disordered and really not right.

Oooooh, DAMN.  I'd say that might be going too far, but I have to admit, he makes my fine hairs stand on end in an "Alert!  Alert!" kind of way.  Yes, he's super annoying and childish with it, but....there really is something disturbing at the core of the behavior.  At least for me.  Other's milage probably varies.

Edited by Long Spot
  • Love 6

Danny's behavior to me was just one step away from stalker behavior, really.  It started to get a little unsettling, with all the "making a moment" and "you ruined the moment" and insisting on giving the poem anyway, and crying so much.  It all was weird and seemed to be building way to much of an attachment based on very little (that we saw).  The whole thing was weird, and I think the captain was spot-on when he said that Danny probably doesn't really think he did anything wrong.

19 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

Best commercial/sponser placement of all time "This program brought to you by Vagisil"!

I laughed so hard at this - the preview of Bryan and Tiffani hooking up followed by the commercial for Vagisil was hilarious to me.

• Love 2

Captain Lee kept a lot of useless people around longer than necessary too. Rocky jumped overboard, but still wasn't fired. I am sure there are other examples as well. I like Captain Mark and Captain Lee. I did appreciate that Captain Mark did not give Danny any of the tip money. I believe Captain Lee does regardless. Also, Captain Mark gave Bobby and Danny busy work on what should have been their night off because they brought those girls back. I am sure Captain Lee doles out punishments as well, but I am not remembering much of regular Below Deck right now.

The primary reason they keep these lay-abouts around is that they're already familiar or at least sort of familiar with the way things go on the ship.  Breaking in a new person in mid-season is not easy, apparently.  Much better to keep a short leash on an idiot and at least something gets done close to right.  The captain said it himself last night. 

3 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I thought it was Bobby who said Danny was sick. I think the girl (Morgan?) asked him to give the towel to his roommate. Are Bobby and Danny roommates?

Yes! Bobby and Danny are roommates. Bobby mentioned being angry at Danny and it wasn't good since they are roommates.

• Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, Belowdeckchatter said:

I think Jen should have told about the kiss; after all, we've all seen it.  The captain should have sacked Danny, hopefully he will buy a clue and fire the guy.  

I think the captain should have sat Danny down and explained to him just why what he was doing was inappropriate, because I really don't think Danny understood why what he was doing was wrong.

But, here's my thing.  I never heard the word "stalker" until Rebecca Schaeffer was murdered.  I think words like "stalker" and "bully" get overused to the point where they almost mean nothing.  

Why do all these men think Tiffany's attractive?  To me she looks like a man, I think Hannah and the second stew are cuter than Tiffany.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 2
(edited)

So. A group of people who get oiled up shirtless for guests and frequently brag about how they'll do anything to make guests happy referred to these guests as professional flirts who are skanky? Um. I mean, you can't be that much better than them if they can afford to make you their bitches. 

I enjoyed how Morgan didn't use Danny's name in the end but referred to him as the other guy's roommate. Did he at least get her number? 

More seriously, I prefer the original but this version has some interesting casual misogyny going on. Danny was tricked.  Bryan's...all of it. It's strangely old school in how unsubtle it is. 

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, phoenix780 said:

So. A group of people who get oiled up shirtless for guests and frequently brag about how they'll do anything to make guests happy referred to these guests as professional flirts who are skanky? Um. I mean, you can't be that much better than them if they can afford to make you their bitches. 

I think this was a case of pot meet kettle.  All of them are in the service industry, all of them work for tips. 

I still don't get why Danny is "creepy" but I guess it has to do with boundaries, YMMV.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I think this was a case of pot meet kettle.  All of them are in the service industry, all of them work for tips. 

I still don't get why Danny is "creepy" but I guess it has to do with boundaries, YMMV.

To me Danny is creepy because of the level of attachment he had to Morgan does not seemed to be justified by their actual interactions.  She was nice to him, sure.  She sat up and talked to him...ok.  There was some weird drunken hugging by a rock (maybe a peck, which I still can't see).  Even if Morgan was a little bit into him, we did not see her gushing to people about her "connection" with Danny.  We did not even really see her pursue interactions with him at all, only "politely" receive his attention.  (In fact, when they were all sitting up talking to him at the dinner table and he said he had to go so everyone else could go to sleep and he could get is work done, she did not protest one bit.  She was like "ok, peace.  Hand hug.")  But then the captain tells him can't give her a cheesy ass poem and he is crying like he found out his wife has cancer. It was weird, and disproportionate to the situation.  To me, it conveys a sense of entitlement and self-importance, imposing his will on the situation rather than seeing Morgan for an actual person.  It is like he is chasing a "prize" ... not building an actual relationship.  Essentially it comes down to him objectifying Morgan to use her to create an image of himself and the situation as he wants it to be.  There is a mental disconnect from the reality of the situation that I find unsettling/creepy.  Not sure if that makes sense.  

Edited by jkitty
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, jkitty said:

To me Danny is creepy because of the level of attachment he had to Morgan does not seemed to be justified by their actual interactions.  She was nice to him, sure.  She sat up and talked to him...ok.  There was some weird drunken hugging by a rock (maybe a peck, which I still can't see).  Even if Morgan was a little bit into him, we did not see her gushing to people about her "connection" with Danny.  We did not even really see her pursue interactions with him at all, only "politely" receive his attention.  (In fact, when they were all sitting up talking to him at the dinner table and he said he had to go so everyone else could go to sleep and he could get is work done, she did not protest one bit.  She was like "ok, peace.  Hand hug.")  But then the captain tells him can't give her a cheesy ass poem and he is crying like he found out his wife has cancer. It was weird, and disproportionate to the situation.  To me, it conveys a sense of entitlement and self-importance, imposing his will on the situation rather than seeing Morgan for an actual person.  It is like he is chasing a "prize" ... not building an actual relationship.  Essentially it comes down to him objectifying Morgan to use her to create an image of himself and the situation as he wants it to be.  There is a mental disconnect from the reality of the situation that I find unsettling/creepy.  Not sure if that makes sense.  

But I have noticed that in real life, one person might feel a "connection" more than the other person.   I don't think it's creepy for one person to pursue.  

The problem was that the captain told Danny to leave it alone and he didn't.  I think the captain should have fired him.  

• Love 1

Danny is so immature.  Providing good service does not mean flirting with the guests or making them your BFF.  It would be almost like the same thing if a hotel employee was hanging around writing you little notes;  you'd find it very odd at the least.  It was almost like a high school infatuation on both parts; Danny needed to follow the captain's orders and do what he was told.  He was acting like they were a modern Romeo and Juliet.

Then the same chick was crying about FISH?  Does she get it that the big fish and other sea creature eat the smaller fish all the time?  I'm almost surprised she didn't start crying for the tomatoes' family or whatever veggies were served up for her in lieu of the poor deceased fish.  I did laugh at Hannah's talking head re Fishgate "what the fuck are you talking about".  Yep, my feelings exactly.  

Why was Danny in the kitchen when Ben was trying to cook?  Then he says oh if you're crying I'm going to stop and hug you.  Uh, Danny, that is totally inappropriate.  All he needs to do is to hug the wrong person, and he could seriously be facing any angry SO, parent, possibly face sexual imposition charges.  He can be sympathetic, but he needs to keep it professional.  He was acting like a hormonal lovesick teenager at best.  At worst, he was getting stalkerish.

Ben, you should be able to do a basic cake.  It doesn't have be a a gourmet cake, just a birthday cake.  If it's such a big deal, bring a damned cookbook with you for cakes.  Baking cakes for non pastry chefs 101.  Ta da.

• Love 6

I thought the shrimp Ben cooked didn't look very good. I wouldn't have wanted to eat them. Aren't shrimp supposed to be cleaned and the heads cut off? Looked gross to me.

Danny was out of line and should have been fired. He did, however, lose his tip of $1,000. I think that was fair punishment.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think Danny will eventually be fired.  He still believes that what he did, giving the poem to Morgan was the right thing to do, even though the captain told him that was wrong.  He'll pull the same nonsense again with another guest.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 5/25/2016 at 9:40 PM, Neurochick said:

Why do all these men think Tiffany's attractive?  To me she looks like a man, I think Hannah and the second stew are cuter than Tiffany

I know right? I was thinking the same thing. The other two are really cute.

Just wanted to go on record to say that I like Captain Mark. I don't care what C. Lee might or might not have done; it's not his boat.

I think he didn't fire Danny because he experienced trying to dock the ship one man down and it got chaotic. So he said he didn't want to lose someone. But I'm sure he'll have to let him go soon.

Edited by Pepperminty
  • Love 3
(edited)

Danny was totally being immature in this episode but maybe he was also being sly.  Look at it this way: The camera's were following him every time he had the girls attention.  He wants to be a star (in my opinion)  and what better way than to have a 'romance' on reality tv?  The girl also would (probably) like to have the camera time, so if he chose HER out of the other girls and the camera was eagerly following them around, then I can understand why she (politely) let him pursue her.  I'm sure in the back of all these young people's minds since they are on a reality tv show is the realization that they could be the breakout star, but they need something to get the audience's attention.  I agree with a poster above who said Danny realized his plan was not working because the crew wasn't cooperating with what he needed for it to all happen.  That's when he broke down and cried and kept trying to get the plan working only to have the crew to stop him again. Why else would he go against the captain's orders? I agree that he targeted the one girl since he first looked at the list and their pictures. 

Either this, or he's just got some mental problems!  I hope he just had a plan that failed, poor guy.

Edited by stcroix

Danny needs to learn the industry rule.

No fratenizing with the guests. You can hold the hair extensions. Zip up a dress. No kissing or cuddling, and NO poems.

I think Danny might be gone this week anyway.

On 5/25/2016 at 9:40 PM, Neurochick said:

Why do all these men think Tiffany's attractive?  To me she looks like a man, I think Hannah and the second stew are cuter than Tiffany.

Amen.  She's not even remotely attractive.  I'm wondering is what Bryan seems to be atracted to -- that she can basically  be a friendly fuck and that's it.  "No emotions."  Because other than that, I don't see anything attractive to a guy.  She has a granny face.

• Love 1