Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Black and Blues

• Start Topic

I watched this episode twice before posting anything on here. 

First: Heidi Dillon.  I know lots of folks think that Brandi is inappropriate with her (ridiculous) poop talk but I don't see her doing anything as offensive as Heidi.  Calling other women bitches and skanks?  No.  Handing out tacky shirts with "skanksofdallas" bedazzled on them?  No. Dressing like Rev Run?  No.  Inviting a guest can sit on her face?  No.  Asking another guest to deep throat a corn dog?  No.  Inviting a person to your home that you dislike and then acting rudely? No.  If LeeAnne wants to discuss classless behavior she doesn't need to look farther than that woman.

Second: Cary.  The inappropriate behavior at work needs to stop.  Vastly unprofessional.  Yes Heidi was rude to her.  Cary was also rude  so I don't know why she think s she's blameless.  she shouldn't have gone to the party in the first place, but since she probably haD to for the show, she needed to not be bitchy.  Also, she and Mark are laughably ridiculous with the sex shit.  Also also, that Cavalli dress was pretty hideous.  Actually, I think most of her expensive clothes are fairly ugly.

Third: Brandi. I've already made my thoughts on her reactions to her brother known so no point in going over that again.  All I will say is that I really enjoyed the scene with her talking to Stephanie about it.  Often in these shows it feels like the friendships are played out just for tv.  I don't get that from these two.  The affection feels genuine.

• Love 10
On 5/23/2016 at 11:31 PM, Irritable said:

Heidi's house looked like an office building from the 1980's that she converted into a house.  The outside is almost breathtaking in its hideousness.  She is so visibly thirsty to be on television, and pretty much lost me when she turned up for lunch wearing a rapper costume from Party City.  Everything she did after that just made my eyes roll.  Her dog is sweet, though, and while I don't like Cary, I would have done exactly what she did at that miserable party - befriend the dog and stick with him as much as possible.

Preach it, sister.  That's what I thought too - - where the hell does this bitch live?  And I'm not from Dallas but what's the big fucking deal over Heidi Fucking Dillon?  

Generally Cary doesn't bother me but she was annoying this episode.

Brandi continues to annoy me.  Enough with the freaking Jesus Juice already.

I know I'm on the bus for hell for this comment but her poor kids look like their father.

• Love 5

Okay all the sex talk and I love you so much crap between Cary and Mark, way over the top it is like they are trying to convince the audience he is straight. Don't get me wrong if he isn't totally cool with that but we are not buying ya'lls bullshit. Especially gross at work I was waiting for the patient to wake up and tell them to stop they were making her sick! He has his own personal shopper, of course he does. Maybe he is straight but there is definitely something off with them two.

And I said it a couple of episodes ago when Cary mentioned he wasn't that great when she met him. She totally saw a man that had some money she could steal away from his wife. And since when is it a good thing to brag about having multiple marriages before 40? 

Here in the south, well at least me, when I go to a party I bring a hostess gift and actually greet the hostess, not their dog only. 

I was totally surprised by Keith Urban lite, I listened to his video on Youtube and liked it, he has a good voice. Still think his wife looks a lot older than him. And WTH was up with her hair was she going to smuggle drugs through security in that beehive. 

Even with an apology I do not think Brandi and her husband are gonna make the long haul. Maybe I am wrong since they have been together since high school they might just be in a rut. 

I know its odd but I actually think I like Leeanne the most because as crazy as she is, she just puts it all out there, she does not seem to be a stealthy bitch. More of an in your face one.

• Love 2
(edited)

Sometimes my first reaction is a good and accurate one.  And so far my first reaction to Brandi's husband is that the show is providing monetary means to perhaps bolster a lifestyle they have exceeded in terms of being able to afford.  This would hardly be the first couple on one of these shows that has them living large yet that lifestyle turning out to be a facade or at best on lease when they pretend it is paid in full.  And he would not be the first husband to be on such a show and resent the hell out of it.  Most cast members on these shows do it almost as much for the money as for the attention and the ego stroking that they are simply too special not be front and center when cameras are rolling and showing off to the rest of the not so privileged world.

I wonder how much of his pride is at stake because he thought he had "won" her.  Despite her status in the area when she was still with the Cowboys Cheerleading organization.  And now she is the one who is bringing in the necessary income?  How many times have we seen people pretend for the cameras until it breaks the one thing they actually had going in?  Or stupidly think just being on the show will force change or force them to mend what is already breaking down?  There is something scornful in his attitude still.  And I often think scorn in a marriage comes from blame or guilt or both.  But even more i get a strong sense that he resents the show itself.  And that just makes me wonder how much, financially, the show seemed like a needed but burdensome role for him.  Add in the fact that I think Brandi was craving the camera attention again.  Throw in possible money woes or just money tension.  And of course the fact that Brandi seems to have a drinking problem that I am still not sure worries her husband so much as embarrasses him being caught on camera. 

And I do think Brandi has a drinking problem.  For me the whole 'jesus juice' thing is a sort of defense mechanism.  She tries to make it light and funny and sassy so that it undermines the reality that she is drinking alcohol and it is, at the least, a means to alleviate her mood.  Which apparently needs alleviating a lot.

Edited by tenativelyyours
typing, auto correct or the devil, one of those things made 'thing' into 'think'
  • Love 2

Cary and Mark talk about sex all the time because they aren't having any. That's what people do when they ain't gettin' it on. I think Mark probably spends his nights dressed up in Cary's clothes.

If that was a county fair party, where the hell were the funnel cakes and cotton candy?

• Love 6
3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Cary and Mark talk about sex all the time because they aren't having any. That's what people do when they ain't gettin' it on. I think Mark probably spends his nights dressed up in Cary's clothes.

If that was a county fair party, where the hell were the funnel cakes and cotton candy?

And the big buckets of fries with spray bottles of vinegar??? And candy apples??? And sausages with peppers and onions???

I may be hungry right now.

• Love 4
On May 24, 2016 at 7:14 PM, ToukieSmith said:

$1.5M does not seem like a lot for a plastic surgeon.  Surely his house and practice are worth way more than $1.5M.  Of course, he may be setting fire to the money buying high-end designer clothes for Cary........

I just checked the yelp reviews for his practice, basically has 4 stars out of 5, 3 good reviews, the most recent one was 6 months ago and was 1 star and is very reminsent to the conversations going on here.

One review was posted in 2014 by someone named Kerry... Makes you wonder? 

Oh look through the pics for the business... Lots of Cary and her boobage, looks like he did the work. 

http://www.yelp.com/biz/deuber-mark-a-md-pa-dallas?utm_source=ishare

• Love 1
On 5/23/2016 at 11:10 PM, archer1267 said:

Is she really a big deal in Dallas? I'm hoping someone from Dallas can weigh in. It'd be interesting to know if she comes by her brashness and idiosyncracies honestly, or if they're put on. From the way LeeAnne carried on about society women, I was surprised that she'd hang with a woman dressed like an extra from a Run-DMC video (well, the Weird Al version of a Run-DMC video).

No she is not a big deal in the REAL Dallas high society.  I have some relatives that are true Texas society(old money) and you would never know it by meeting them and they would never be seen on such an awful show or any show about high society.  I have an aunt, by marriage, that is high society in San Antonio and Houston and she is the kindest, sweetest elderly lady you would ever meet.  I know she gives to a lot of charities but it is certainly anonymously.  My uncle died several years ago and she loves giving to others without expecting anything in return.

Real old money folks do not want you to know they have money and live very modestly. 

• Love 1
On 5/24/2016 at 2:14 PM, ninjago said:

How is LeeAnne making her living in Society when she has such poor social skills?  I felt for Stephanie at that lunch, when she was darting her eyes around, trying to stay engaged as LeeAnne masturbated to her own life story.

I noticed Stephanie darts her eyes all the time. It seems like a weird tic or something.  "Bless her heart", she's not the brightest bulb in the Christmas tree but I think she is harmless.

On 5/25/2016 at 8:47 AM, TexasGal said:

To add to the list of things Cary needs to stop doing, she needs to stop with the exaggerated-Texas-accent-that-isn't-even-really-a-Texas-accent when she doesn't like something.  "First, you get you some Freeee-TOHS..."  Shut up.

Yep, that pissed me off, too.  "I  ain't from these parts" where the hell is she from if she isn't from Texas?

• Love 1
On 5/25/2016 at 7:51 PM, archer1267 said:

I loved the reaction shot of the Roberto Cavalli guy as he was forced to watch Cary present her husband with his anniversary card. Is my work done here? I hope the Deubers are generous at Christmas with everyone who's got to endure their schmoopy scenes.

Awesome shout out to Seinfeld! They are a schmoopy couple! 

(edited)
On 5/26/2016 at 9:07 AM, archer1267 said:

Me neither, LilaFowler! Glad I'm not the only one. It's not that I have uppity tastes - I grew up on 1970s potluck fare like tuna noodle casserole and jello salads - but I think it's a regional thing. I too live in New England. And the first time I've heard of "walking taco" was when I saw the Lunchables version recently. That said, I would definitely eat Frito pie if someone offered it to me.

(I can't think of any county/state fair food that's probably unique to New England, although we do seem very fond of loaded baked potatoes.)

Native Texan here and yes Frito pie is a food that is found not only at the state fair but when I was a teen in the 80's it was a choice at our snack bar for lunch or at football games on Friday night. I've had it in the bag and in those state fair bowls, too. The corn dogs here at our state fair are called Fletcher's and they are a damn good reason to go to the State Fair of Texas.  Although I don't eat this type of food very often, it is soooo delicious to have from time to time. BTW, Texas chili does NOT have beans!

Edited by raiderred1
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, raiderred1 said:

Native Texan here and yes Frito pie is a food that is found not only at the state fair but when I was a teen in the 80's it was a choice at our snack bar for lunch or at football games on Friday night. I've had it in the bag and in those state fair bowls, too. The corn dogs here at our state fair are called Fletcher's and they are a damn good reason to go to the Texas State Fair.  Although I don't eat this type of food very often, it is soooo delicious to have from time to time. BTW, Texas chili does NOT have beans!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!  And THAT is why Texas-style chili is the only kind I'd eat!!

• Love 1
On May 24, 2016 at 4:37 PM, diva2themax said:

I almost choked when Heidi said I can't wait to get my hands on your faces I do makeup too while looking at Brandi. Omg I laughed for several minutes. Poor Brandi her makeup is shockingly bad. Why is she obsessed w/ pink, blue & white eyeshadow all frosted of course. So damn ugly. Sorry I'm a makeup artist & damn they all wear terrible makeup but Brandi wins. It's distractingly bad.

This is such a great description of Brandi's makeup! It makes her look like inbred trailer park trash. She holds her mouth stupid and her eyes are frosted and droopy and cheap looking.

On May 27, 2016 at 3:08 PM, psychoticstate said:

Preach it, sister.  That's what I thought too - - where the hell does this bitch live?  And I'm not from Dallas but what's the big fucking deal over Heidi Fucking Dillon?  

Generally Cary doesn't bother me but she was annoying this episode.

Brandi continues to annoy me.  Enough with the freaking Jesus Juice already.

I know I'm on the bus for hell for this comment but her poor kids look like their father.

Be sure you stop by my house, I'm on the bus with you!

On May 23, 2016 at 11:09 PM, archer1267 said:

I haven't watched the whole episode yet but just want to say that Mark is gross. It's great that you and your wife are happy together, but your female assistants did NOT need to hear you joking about how you were going to work Cary over later that night. One of the women was visibly uneasy and I don't blame her. 

Oh gee, another Roberto Cavalli dress. Quelle surprise.

I would not want to be a patient of theirs, sorry but seeing nude or semi pics of your wife, or anyone else on your website is not professional at all and neither is all of the sex talk.

On May 24, 2016 at 0:10 AM, archer1267 said:

Is she really a big deal in Dallas? I'm hoping someone from Dallas can weigh in. It'd be interesting to know if she comes by her brashness and idiosyncracies honestly, or if they're put on. From the way LeeAnne carried on about society women, I was surprised that she'd hang with a woman dressed like an extra from a Run-DMC video (well, the Weird Al version of a Run-DMC video).

As a Dallas resident for over 35 years, I've attended several charity and major Dallas/Ft. Worth social events (mostly work related) I have never heard of Heidi and do not recall seeing her either. These women have no concept of what is proper here or anywhere else, but Bravo is not known for showing housewives of anywhere in a good light. Which is why anyone would cringe at having their city/state featured on these shows.

On May 24, 2016 at 1:50 AM, ToukieSmith said:

I chuckled at this as well.  Then again, if Brandi Glanville can write one then I guess there would be enough people interested in reading Leeann's book.

Cary entered the party awkwardly.  I don't know if she was already nervous given that she had to know that Heidi was friends with Mark's ex wife.  She should have greeted her host, not wait for Leeann to greet her and make her comfortable.  Leeann did not invite Cary to the party, Heidi did.  Then, she compounded her rudeness by talking about the food.  She could have a) not eat or b) just have the chili without the fritos and cheese.  I think Tiffany may be right about Cary.  Cary's sarcasm is a defense mechanism.  She puts stuff down so that it does not matter if she is not accepted.  I think she was talking about the frito pie because Mark would not want her to have any of it because it may bloat her stomach .25 of an inch for half an hour.  What would happen to her marriage if she cannot fit those designer clothes that Mark keeps buying for her, especially when he has already demonstrated that he will move on and buy them for someone else to model........

LOL, that may disqualify her in Dallas, but she would be well known in Houston if she can make blue ribbon worthy chili.  Her pecan pie looked good, full of big pecans with a nice crust.  Yum.

We love a good Frito Pie in all parts of Texas LOL!!! I'd be all over it if the Chili is homemade goodness, I have to admit with all the rain we've had I made a big pot of it and one night we had Frito Pie with the leftovers...so good!

On May 24, 2016 at 3:59 AM, swankie said:

So if I'm being operated on by a surgeon, is it too much to ask that he has his mind on me and my procedure and not whether or not his wife is going to give him some later on?  As a matter of fact, I wouldn't even want his wife in there while I'm being cut.  I don't want any distractions while I'm being cut on.  I thought that was so unprofessional of them to be carrying on this conversation that they could easily discuss at any other time besides the moment I'm being cut on.  Was I the only one bothered by that?  smdh

No, you're not the only one. I was thinking the same thing.

On May 24, 2016 at 0:40 PM, polandspring said:

There's this phrase that gets thrown around in Dallas: "the $30,000 millionaire."  It's unusually popular there for people at every level of wealth to live outside their means, and I think that's what every couple here is doing, but especially the Duebers.  

Also, did any Dallasites notice that Brandi and her husband had their talk in Whiskey Cake?  It's a bomb-ass restaurant in Plano.  I've always assumed Brandi and Stephanie live in Plano or more likely, Frisco.  www.whiskey-cake.com/

YES!!! Beyond their means, and trying so hard to keep up with the Joneses...in this case the Jerry Joneses which is a lose-lose game, LMAO!

On May 24, 2016 at 6:29 PM, biakbiak said:

Brandi's makeup is bad but bad in a way I can understand; Leeann and Tiffany's is so over the top horrific I am at a loss and can only assume it's intentional.

All of the damn eyeliner! UGH!!!

On May 25, 2016 at 9:47 AM, TexasGal said:

To add to the list of things Cary needs to stop doing, she needs to stop with the exaggerated-Texas-accent-that-isn't-even-really-a-Texas-accent when she doesn't like something.  "First, you get you some Freeee-TOHS..."  Shut up.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. When she said "I'm not from around these here parts..." in an overly exaggerated twang. The hell was that? We don't talk like that, that was borderline offensive. She's a jerk.

On June 3, 2016 at 3:46 PM, raiderred1 said:

No she is not a big deal in the REAL Dallas high society.  I have some relatives that are true Texas society(old money) and you would never know it by meeting them and they would never be seen on such an awful show or any show about high society.  I have an aunt, by marriage, that is high society in San Antonio and Houston and she is the kindest, sweetest elderly lady you would ever meet.  I know she gives to a lot of charities but it is certainly anonymously.  My uncle died several years ago and she loves giving to others without expecting anything in return.

Real old money folks do not want you to know they have money and live very modestly. 

So much YES to this!

On June 3, 2016 at 6:52 PM, raiderred1 said:

Native Texan here and yes Frito pie is a food that is found not only at the state fair but when I was a teen in the 80's it was a choice at our snack bar for lunch or at football games on Friday night. I've had it in the bag and in those state fair bowls, too. The corn dogs here at our state fair are called Fletcher's and they are a damn good reason to go to the State Fair of Texas.  Although I don't eat this type of food very often, it is soooo delicious to have from time to time. BTW, Texas chili does NOT have beans!

Yep! No beans in Texas Chili :)

We used to have Frito Pie in school also, and then they added Chili Cheese Fries to the menu...OMG God bless whoever thought of that!

To this day a few times a year I partake in that decadent goodness! Sonic will do in a pinch for a mad craving, but homemade is the best...great, now I'm hungry :D