Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Black and Blues

• Start Topic

Tiffany throws a charity concert in her bid to cement her Dallas standing.  Elsewhere, traumatic news shakes Brandi, LeeAnne and Stephanie try to mend differences, and Cary's apprehension about LeeAnne grows stronger at a Gothic-theme bash.

I haven't watched the whole episode yet but just want to say that Mark is gross. It's great that you and your wife are happy together, but your female assistants did NOT need to hear you joking about how you were going to work Cary over later that night. One of the women was visibly uneasy and I don't blame her. 

Oh gee, another Roberto Cavalli dress. Quelle surprise.

• Love 21

Dear Stephanie,

Learn how to accept an apology.  Especially if you owe that person an apology as well.

Respectfully,

Human Kind

P.S. Tell Cary she was beyond rude.

• Love 8
(edited)

Heidi is a boring asshole.  She needs to catch a few more episodes of RHOBH if she wants to know how to play the role of a compelling rich bitch.  

I laughed when Cary tried to say that being married 3 times is better than being single.  Okay Cary.  Oh and Cary, drinking a bottle of wine nightly is worse than eating the occasional frito pie.

I am going to have to side with Leeanne regarding Tiffany's hair.  What in the hell was Tiffany thinking with that big bouffant on top of her head?   It was just so big.

Edited by ToukieSmith
  • Love 11

LeeAnne is so attractive. But WHAT IS UP with the make-up? Clown territory.

The only other thing I got is that Cary annoys me. Almost every thing she says and does and how she says and does it irks me. 

Brandi and Stephanie can say and do some bogus things, too.  But I think there's an underlying sweetness and humanity there.

I don't see the sweetness in Cary. Her bragging personality. Her demeanor on WWHL a few weeks ago. The "aren't I wonderful?" photo shoot. Her sex talk. Forgetting the anniversary. She just doesn't do it for me.

• Love 21

I laughed when Cary tried to say that being married 3 times is better than being single.  Okay Cary.  Oh and Cary, drinking a bottle of wine nightly is worse than eating the occasional frito pie.

This. So much of this. I feel like I missed something, because while I did not think LeeAnne was particularly fond of Cary, I did not think she disliked her so much either. Is it really about the rumors of how/when Cary got with her husband. I could see if Heidi is friends with Mark's ex-wife that Heidi would side with the ex-wife and be a bit more cautious around Cary. I feel like there is a whole lot more dirt there. I find myself getting annoyed by Cary's personality in general. I could have done without the nauseating talk between her and her husband during whatever plastic surgery procedure. Also, how many times do I have to see Mark buying Cary clothes? I feel like every episode has had Mark either buying or picking out Cary's clothes. The last one was a gift, but I am so tired of it.

I do think LeeAnne was being sincere with Stephanie or at least trying. LeeAnne needs to learn when to stop talking though, but I did think she was trying in her own somewhat aggressive LeeAnne way. Oh, and I agreed with LeeAnne about Tiffany's hair. I hated it. 

I do feel for Brandi for all of her family issues that she is dealing with, but I just cannot warm up to her and still find her irritating. Then again, I am not really warming up to any of these women. 

I was a bit amused by Heidi. I did like her saying that she does make-up while chatting it up with Brandi. It made me laugh.

• Love 5

Heidi is a boring asshole.

Is she really a big deal in Dallas? I'm hoping someone from Dallas can weigh in. It'd be interesting to know if she comes by her brashness and idiosyncracies honestly, or if they're put on. From the way LeeAnne carried on about society women, I was surprised that she'd hang with a woman dressed like an extra from a Run-DMC video (well, the Weird Al version of a Run-DMC video).

• Love 6

I actually liked NotKeithUrban's songs.  It was very sweet of him to do a song for Brandi's brother.  Not a fan of the hair though.  As a fellow straight-hair sufferer, but female, I think it is tougher for guys.  He should just go short.

Liking Stephanie's and Brandi's friendship.  Good to see some of the underlying humanity in some of these women (including Leeanne, who is not my favorite).

I don't know what to make of Heidi.  How did she become the Grand Poobah?

It is interesting how each episode  (the editing?) brings out different facets of the personalities.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

This. So much of this. I feel like I missed something, because while I did not think LeeAnne was particularly fond of Cary, I did not think she disliked her so much either. Is it really about the rumors of how/when Cary got with her husband. I could see if Heidi is friends with Mark's ex-wife that Heidi would side with the ex-wife and be a bit more cautious around Cary. I feel like there is a whole lot more dirt there. I find myself getting annoyed by Cary's personality in general. I could have done without the nauseating talk between her and her husband during whatever plastic surgery procedure. Also, how many times do I have to see Mark buying Cary clothes? I feel like every episode has had Mark either buying or picking out Cary's clothes. The last one was a gift, but I am so tired of it.

I do think LeeAnne was being sincere with Stephanie or at least trying. LeeAnne needs to learn when to stop talking though, but I did think she was trying in her own somewhat aggressive LeeAnne way. Oh, and I agreed with LeeAnne about Tiffany's hair. I hated it. 

I do feel for Brandi for all of her family issues that she is dealing with, but I just cannot warm up to her and still find her irritating. Then again, I am not really warming up to any of these women. 

I was a bit amused by Heidi. I did like her saying that she does make-up while chatting it up with Brandi. It made me laugh.

I felt like Leeann was jumping on the "hate Cary" train - once Heidi said something negative, Leeann's on board and can't like her either.  

LOLs also at Leeann getting her memoirs out there so she can be "on the speaking circuit" :)  

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

Is she really a big deal in Dallas? I'm hoping someone from Dallas can weigh in. It'd be interesting to know if she comes by her brashness and idiosyncracies honestly, or if they're put on. From the way LeeAnne carried on about society women, I was surprised that she'd hang with a woman dressed like an extra from a Run-DMC video (well, the Weird Al version of a Run-DMC video).

She cannot possibly be. She offered to make Frito fucking pie for a party.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, princelina said:

LOLs also at Leeann getting her memoirs out there so she can be "on the speaking circuit" :)

I chuckled at this as well.  Then again, if Brandi Glanville can write one then I guess there would be enough people interested in reading Leeann's book.

Cary entered the party awkwardly.  I don't know if she was already nervous given that she had to know that Heidi was friends with Mark's ex wife.  She should have greeted her host, not wait for Leeann to greet her and make her comfortable.  Leeann did not invite Cary to the party, Heidi did.  Then, she compounded her rudeness by talking about the food.  She could have a) not eat or b) just have the chili without the fritos and cheese.  I think Tiffany may be right about Cary.  Cary's sarcasm is a defense mechanism.  She puts stuff down so that it does not matter if she is not accepted.  I think she was talking about the frito pie because Mark would not want her to have any of it because it may bloat her stomach .25 of an inch for half an hour.  What would happen to her marriage if she cannot fit those designer clothes that Mark keeps buying for her, especially when he has already demonstrated that he will move on and buy them for someone else to model........

10 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

LOL, that may disqualify her in Dallas, but she would be well known in Houston if she can make blue ribbon worthy chili.  Her pecan pie looked good, full of big pecans with a nice crust.  Yum.

• Love 4

I honestly thought when Cary said Mark wouldn't want her to eat the Frito pie it was because it would give her the farts later.  My husband tries to be thoughtful about what he eats if he is planning on being up close and personal with me later, so raw onions and things like chili are usually avoided.  If I'm out of town, or we have separate plans, we both eat whatever we want - for me it's usually tons of garlic.  Bloating or possible fraction of a weight gain would go completely unnoticed, which I guess is why it's nice not to be married to a plastic surgeon or a fat-shamer.  They may have more money than me, but I wouldn't want to live their lives for 5 minutes.  The way they both insist in every episode that they are incredibly happy together only tells me that they aren't.

LeeAnn made me laugh with her cockatoo impression.  Since no one on this show is very funny, that jets her straight up to the top of my list. 

When Brandi was telling Stephanie about her brother's attempt at suicide, I was so thoroughly put off by the banjo music that started playing.  Like...what?  Banjo???  Then they switched to sad, tinkly piano music, as if whoever was in charge of that scene realized midway that they were playing the wrong track.

Heidi's house looked like an office building from the 1980's that she converted into a house.  The outside is almost breathtaking in its hideousness.  She is so visibly thirsty to be on television, and pretty much lost me when she turned up for lunch wearing a rapper costume from Party City.  Everything she did after that just made my eyes roll.  Her dog is sweet, though, and while I don't like Cary, I would have done exactly what she did at that miserable party - befriend the dog and stick with him as much as possible.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'd tell Heidi Fucking Dylan to fuck right off if she handed me a t-shirt with skank emblazoned on it.  No interest in joining this wanna be gangsta's skank posse. 

And you know if Brandi made that Leeanne would go on and on about how vulgar and inappropriate it was, but BC its Heidi, she loves it

• Love 12

I felt like LeeAnn's apology was sincere, however she likes the sound of her own voice way too much. She made the sit down all about herself. I like that LeeAnn felt emotion for Brandi's situation and while the sit down seems to take place next week, I'm surprised that the two of them were hanging out in the same group at Heidi's party. Up until this episode, they were always in separate corners of the room when it came to social gatherings. Heidi is one odd ball. Interesting how LeeAnn co-signs on Heidi's rudeness but wants to call out others on their behaviour. Then again, this is the same woman who also engages in bad behaviour when she feels she's the wronged party so it's not that surprising that she ignores it when her high society friends do it as well.

Wasn't liking Tiffany's hair but it was a great idea to have a charity event that gave her beau the platform to share his music and get his name out there. He did a great job and the song dedication to Brandi's brother was super sweet.

Speaking of Brandi, I feel for her. She has a lot going on in her life. She has a marriage that she's trying to rekindle, a family member that she's trying to create a relationship with after years of being told that this family member had abandoned their family and she has a brother that has PTSD. I also get the feeling that Brandi has lost her purpose because she's focused all of her attention on being a wife and mother and have let go of the things that made her feel happy and fulfilled as an individual. I think that's why it's so important to feel that appreciation from her husband.

Cary, you don't go to someone's party and not greet the host. Heidi walked all the way up to her and she bent down and played with the dog instead. She thinks LeeAnn was rude for not coming over to welcome her to someone else's home? That's not how it works. The party was obviously awkward but she set that tone the moment she walked in and expected to be catered to because she didn't have the manners to greet and thank the host for inviting. I don't like Cary. I think she's pretentious and boastful but she tries to do it in a way that makes her appear humble...but she's not. Is there some kind of accomplishment in being married 3 times compared to someone who has never been married but is in a long term relationship? Also, Cary, you're husband is creepy. He is obsessed with controlling how Cary looks...completely for his own benefit. He needs to show the world that he's so good that he landed a woman like Cary. I get the sense that he is driven by pride and ego, not the happiness of his family or friends. His 'gifts' are totally self-serving and he seems like a tool.

• Love 18

These women really are so infantile. It seems like LeeAnne and Tiffany can't exist without having a "target" of some sort. So Brandi can no longer be picked on because her brother just tried to commit suicide, so now it's going to be Cary that's on their dunzo list. I mean, really, I'm sure it's quite possible that there was some overlap between Mark's wives, but we've never heard word one about it until the vague insinuations in this episode. All of a sudden Cary is a homewrecker? Okay then...

Heck, if I were Mark's former wife, I'd be thanking Cary. That dude is starting to really creep me out. At first the clothes buying thing seemed innocent enough. Maybe he just has good taste, and likes to spoil his wife. But now it's like every freaking episode he's buying her a new item to wear - like she's his doll. I can easily picture Mark as an Upscale Buffalo Bill, keeping women locked up in a dungeon and playing dress up with them. He's just weird. 

But that gothic party was even weirder. What was the point of that? I get really sleepy after 9, so I was nodding off a lot, but was it for charity? Or just some weird theme someone dreamed up? Because no. Never do that again, Heidi whoever-the-fuck you are. She looked absolutely ghastly, like a horror movie come to life. Her party was boring and awkward, and frito pie is gross. The end. 

Also, Skanks of Dallas? Really? I just can't with these women. 

So Brandi and Brian just made up, so easily, as if there weren't years of issues to deal with. Hmmm, was their fighting all for the cameras? Or does Brian just want to save face and move on? Either way, I am truly sorry for Brandi's family, as suicide and PTSD are very real things vets go through every day and it's horribly tragic. That is why I am so anti-war. I hope he gets some good help. 

• Love 15
8 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I think I get Cary and Mark's deal.  

Mark was overweight, maybe separated from his wife, maybe not.  Cary zeroed in on him, saw that he probably felt bad about himself and used that to her advantage.  Mark loves Cary more than Cary loves Mark, and that's why Mark is all over Cary and Cary looks as though he disgusts her.  Cary has a great body, she's been doing yoga for a long time; I would be that flexible too, had I kept up yoga as I started doing it when I was thirteen.  

So Cary thinks being married THREE times is better than being single?  I think being married three times before age fifty is all kinds of fucked up.  And I think it's better to eat a piece of good Swiss chocolate once in your life than to eat cheap American chocolate every day of your life.  

Stephanie needs to learn how to listen to people; I get what LeAnne was telling her.  LeAnne was probably raised like a lion in the jungle, and when she senses someone coming for her, she attacks.  LeAnne wasn't making it about her, she was explaining to Stephanie why she attacked her, that her attack had nothing to do with Stephanie's behavior, that's what I heard.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, archer1267 said:

I haven't watched the whole episode yet but just want to say that Mark is gross. It's great that you and your wife are happy together, but your female assistants did NOT need to hear you joking about how you were going to work Cary over later that night. One of the women was visibly uneasy and I don't blame her. 

I forgot about that! I found their behavior in the operating room to be so unprofessional. Not only were they making a bunch of lewd comments, but then they kissed over the body of the unconscious patient!!!

6 hours ago, Irritable said:

When Brandi was telling Stephanie about her brother's attempt at suicide, I was so thoroughly put off by the banjo music that started playing.  Like...what?  Banjo???  Then they switched to sad, tinkly piano music, as if whoever was in charge of that scene realized midway that they were playing the wrong track.

That scene was all kinds of awkward. Stephanie was all, "I got to school and my son had no shoes on!" Brandi - "My brother just tried to kill himself". Awkward!

• Love 12
5 hours ago, swankie said:

So if I'm being operated on by a surgeon, is it too much to ask that he has his mind on me and my procedure and not whether or not his wife is going to give him some later on?  As a matter of fact, I wouldn't even want his wife in there while I'm being cut.  I don't want any distractions while I'm being cut on.  I thought that was so unprofessional of them to be carrying on this conversation that they could easily discuss at any other time besides the moment I'm being cut on.  Was I the only one bothered by that?  smdh

No, you weren't the only one bothered by that.  That scene wasn't a very good ad for their surgical practice.  I sure hope it was staged.  Could you imagine if somehow that patient recognized herself in that scene. 

• Love 14

If Mark is a fashion aficionado, why does he need a personal buyer?  If he wasn't so obsessed with decking his wife out in designer gear, they could reinvest that money in the business.  The Donald Trump overt wealth thing is so nouveau riche and unattractive, IMO.

Cary is attractive in a post-plastic surgery way, but her THs border on drag queen.  I'm not sure what it is, but part of it is her heavy false eyelashes that seem to force her eyes closed.  I am very interested in a picture of Cary 1.0 - before she hit the plastic surgery jackpot.  Her body is banging though, and it looks like most of it (minus implants) is from hardcore yoga.

I'm sure Leeanne was jumping up and down with glee inside when Heidi pulled the Cary/blow jobs thing, but Leeanne reacted well in the moment and in her TH.  I could really like her if she'd get herself under control.  I do enjoy her humor, and like that she can't pass a dog and not delight in it.  I thought Tiffany reacted well to that outrageous statement, as well.  Imagine Ramona or Sonja's reaction on the NY franchise.

I wonder if Leeanne really hauls out her carnie past to justify every infraction, or she's playing that up for her book and speaking tour (oooookay).

7 hours ago, Irritable said:

I didn't notice that, but I rewound to catch what they played when Grandma Gangsta was posturing down the street.  Absolutely hilarious. 

• Love 3

Could Cary be any more full of herself?  They're busier.  Must be the photos of my ass!  Sorry, honey.  You're the classic buttahface.  Great body, but that face.  Neck like a linebacker, enourmous facial features, eyebrows botoxed to hell and back.  She's gross.

And Tiffany.  "The charity has to be successful...because of Keith Suburban's future."

• Love 8

Tiffany should really consider parting her hair to the side to take away from that tremendous forehead.  And the botox/fillers actually are aging her.  

Meanwhile, Cary.  No one believes that you weren't fucking him before he was divorced.

• Love 9

If Mark is a fashion aficionado, why does he need a personal buyer?  If he wasn't so obsessed with decking his wife out in designer gear, they could reinvest that money in the business. 

Out of curiosity I googled "Mark Dueber net worth" and several sites gave his net worth as...$1.5M. Which is more than most of us, but not enough, IMO, to warrant throwing money around on Cavalli dresses or to talk about summering in St. Moritz. Now, I know these "net worth" sites tend to be pretty off, but I don't think the couple has nearly as much money as they'd like everyone to think. The appearance of a Roberto Cavalli employee made me wonder if Mark got the dress comped in exchange for the free publicity (or maybe he temporarily borrowed it). This isn't the first time Roberto Cavalli's name has been dropped and I wonder if there's a little Sonja Morgan thing going on (Sonja often gives shout outs on social media for products and businesses, and I'm sure she gets freebies in exchange).

My mom raised me that talking about money is rude. Asking people what they earn, how much they paid for something, etc. (We were solidly middle class, btw, not the 1%.) Mark casually dropping that the dress cost more than what he paid for his first car was ridiculous. We get it.

I thought Tiffany reacted well to that outrageous statement, as well.  Imagine Ramona or Sonja's reaction on the NY franchise.

Sonja would have casually shrugged. This is the woman who said she doesn't swallow unless he's got a black American Express card. Game recognizes game! :)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, SugareeMagnolia said:

No, you weren't the only one bothered by that.  That scene wasn't a very good ad for their surgical practice.  I sure hope it was staged.  Could you imagine if somehow that patient recognized herself in that scene. 

Not to mention how fake the scene was where Cary & coworker were discussing how much new business they were getting from the updated website.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Barb23 said:

Not to mention how fake the scene was where Cary & coworker were discussing how much new business they were getting from the updated website.

And then Cary tried to humble-brag, "I guess Mark was right about how hot I looked" (implying she didn't agree). 

• Love 6
(edited)
11 hours ago, Thumper said:

I actually liked NotKeithUrban's songs.  It was very sweet of him to do a song for Brandi's brother.  Not a fan of the hair though.  As a fellow straight-hair sufferer, but female, I think it is tougher for guys.  He should just go short.

Liking Stephanie's and Brandi's friendship.  Good to see some of the underlying humanity in some of these women (including Leeanne, who is not my favorite).

I don't know what to make of Heidi.  How did she become the Grand Poobah?

It is interesting how each episode  (the editing?) brings out different facets of the personalities.

I bet Heidi, the drouped trout mouthed aged hag, got to be the Grand Poobah by being on her own knees with half of Texas and performing a repitoir of "tricks" with corn dogs. Maybe she had done it for so long she has nerve damage on the right side of her piehole.

Edited by Giselle

Almost all of them have awful make-up.  Brandi, Leanne, Cary even.  I thought Stephanie was beautiful at first but there is something off to me on her looks. Like she probably had a tremendous amount of surgery.  Very plastic looking to me.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I feel like someone on the production team thought, "We need more Texan things!  Let's see...blue bonnets...Big Tex...Frito pie!"

• Love 3
1 hour ago, archer1267 said:

Out of curiosity I googled "Mark Dueber net worth" and several sites gave his net worth as...$1.5M. Which is more than most of us, but not enough, IMO, to warrant throwing money around on Cavalli dresses or to talk about summering in St. Moritz. Now, I know these "net worth" sites tend to be pretty off, but I don't think the couple has nearly as much money as they'd like everyone to think. The appearance of a Roberto Cavalli employee made me wonder if Mark got the dress comped in exchange for the free publicity (or maybe he temporarily borrowed it). This isn't the first time Roberto Cavalli's name has been dropped and I wonder if there's a little Sonja Morgan thing going on (Sonja often gives shout outs on social media for products and businesses, and I'm sure she gets freebies in exchange).

There's this phrase that gets thrown around in Dallas: "the $30,000 millionaire."  It's unusually popular there for people at every level of wealth to live outside their means, and I think that's what every couple here is doing, but especially the Duebers.  

Also, did any Dallasites notice that Brandi and her husband had their talk in Whiskey Cake?  It's a bomb-ass restaurant in Plano.  I've always assumed Brandi and Stephanie live in Plano or more likely, Frisco.  www.whiskey-cake.com/

• Love 5
(edited)

First of all, I'm so glad that all of we enlightened in this forum know that it is just Frito pie.  You don't call it Frito chili pie, Heidi and Tiffany.  That made me outrageously upset.  And, they were drinking Dom with Frito pie and corn dogs.  More money than sense, right there.

polandspring, I was so excited to see Whiskey Cake!  And they also went to Toulouse, which is one of my favorite brunch places.

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

I don't think I've had Frito pie. Is it crunchy, or is the idea that the toppings cause the corn chips to soften?

I have always had it crunchy.  I don't want my fritos going soggy in the chili.

1 hour ago, polandspring said:

I feel like someone on the production team thought, "We need more Texan things!  Let's see...blue bonnets...Big Tex...Frito pie!"

Frito pie seems so out in left field.  Even society mavens eat brisket, ribs, and barbecue chicken around these parts.  Dom goes well with barbecue.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Maybe its because I live in  Pacific Northwest and we do things differently.  

But. Its not Frito pie unless it's served in a Frito chip bag.  

We call that a "walking taco" in Iowa. 

These women are so messy and so was this episode.  Stupid insincere apologies, that fake 'make-up' lunch with Brandi and Bryan, Tiffany's hair, Heidi the Horrible Hostess.  I liked Brandi's Goth State Fair outfit though.  Felt bad for Brandi's brother, but if she cares so much about him, why isn't she with him, helping her mother? 

• Love 4

I believe I noticed one of the guests at Heidi's event was a regular on another Dallas reality show.  I think her name was Connie.  She had short dark hair and didn't say anything.  Was the show called Big Rich Texas?  Something like that I think.  She looked familiar to me.

NotKeithUrban seems to be a nice guy.  He has some talent, but doubt he becomes anything special.

Cary was totally doing the doctor before he was divorced.  He was fat at the time, so he was probably flattered and left his wife after the first blowjob...asshole.

I'm beginning to think the only good people in Texas are Dr. Jennifer Arnold and Bill Klein...lol.   I'm sure there are others, but the reality crowd is pretty awful!

• Love 6

Gothic state fair. Okay.

Her pecan pie looked good, full of big pecans with a nice crust.  Yum.

Yes, those pies looked jammin'!

That was totally bizarre. The music on this show seems different/more noticeable than that of the others in the franchise, but the way it was incorporated into that scene was particularly WTF.

I'm still missing Vanderpump Rules on Mondays, but this weirdo cast is growing on me on bit.

• Love 4

How is LeeAnne making her living in Society when she has such poor social skills?  I felt for Stephanie at that lunch, when she was darting her eyes around, trying to stay engaged as LeeAnne masturbated to her own life story.

• Love 8

I almost choked when Heidi said I can't wait to get my hands on your faces I do makeup too while looking at Brandi. Omg I laughed for several minutes. Poor Brandi her makeup is shockingly bad. Why is she obsessed w/ pink, blue & white eyeshadow all frosted of course. So damn ugly. Sorry I'm a makeup artist & damn they all wear terrible makeup but Brandi wins. It's distractingly bad.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ToukieSmith said:

I have always had it crunchy.  I don't want my fritos going soggy in the chili.

Frito pie seems so out in left field.  Even society mavens eat brisket, ribs, and barbecue chicken around these parts.  Dom goes well with barbecue.

Is it possible that the Frito pie and corn dogs are why part of the party theme was "county fair"?  I've never been to a county fair, and definitely not one in Texas, but do they serve Frito pie at them?  I know most county fairs do serve corn dogs.

The whole party was stupid, starting with the theme "goth county fair".  Those people looked ridiculous..... 

• Love 3