Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

Aw, I think Beau was harmless. Just a redneck wannabe Lothario trying way too hard.

The man LICKED his hotel room key. Worse, he somehow thought that was hot. 

Love you as I do, Taryn, that is still run-away-screaming level disgustingness.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

I don’t know whether to thank you or 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱. I already know that both Jess (little punk) and Christopher (older giant punk) are going to show up like a recurring nightmare that requires drugs and therapy to process and I am concerned.

I suspect I won’t take it well.

Jess, I can deal with. Christopher should have been fired. From a cannon. Into the sun.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
27 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Jess, I can deal with. Christopher should have been fired. From a cannon. Into the sun.

I’ll get my lighter...

ETA: You sure we can’t do a two-for-one deal? Jess makes me slappy...

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Nah but I'll trade you Jess for Logan. Deal?

Okay, on one condition...you go back and watch the Jess Flips Off Stars Hollow season(s) first. See, I watched those just recently so the Jess Hatred still burns brightly. 
I’ll chip in for the second cannon. Let’s put all three into orbit! 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, on one condition...you go back and watch the Jess Flips Off Stars Hollow season(s) first. See, I watched those just recently so the Jess Hatred still burns brightly. 
I’ll chip in for the second cannon. Let’s put all three into orbit! 

Might as well throw in Dean while we're at it. He was jealous and controlling with Rory and he's a cheater.

• Love 2

May I just say that, while I am a fan of Madeleine Albright and in fact shared a hallway with her briefly a couple of decades ago (and she is TINY...I’m a head taller than she is and it’s not like anyone’s waiting breathlessly for my WNBA debut) and she did a pretty decent job, acting-wise...

WTAF?

I thought shoehorning Norman Mailer into GG was borderline pitiful and shark-jumpy, but this was ridiculous. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Okay, I am spamming the thread, but this comes under the category of “WTF things that occur to you when you can’t sleep at 3 a.m.”

There is NO WAY Shari Huntsberger takes that public humiliation from Emily at the DAR event lying down. I’ve known these wives and they’re every bit as competitive and vicious socially as their husbands are in business. Emily insulted Shari’s kid, her husband, and her background...but worst of all, she implied she was fat. It would be sooo “game on”....Shari would use her money to drive Emily right out of the DAR. AND she’d make sure Logan never saw Rory again. Having her just take it did not track with reality one bit.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Shari would use her money to drive Emily right out of the DAR. AND she’d make sure Logan never saw Rory again. Having her just take it did not track with reality one bit.

Well, we are not talking about reality. Welcome to the Palladino's world.

• Love 5

Today is treadmill day, which means returning to Stars Hollow. My last workout ended fortuitously just as Jess 🤮 appeared in the Gilmore driveway. Because nothing says, “why, yes, he’s all grownup and mature now” like stalking his ex-girlfriend’s grandparents’ house at three a.m. WTF, people. I do not get it and never will. Did I mention 🤮

All summer I leaped happily onto the treadmill, remote in hand. Today I find I’m pretty much dreading it.

And that’s how I know I’m in the middle of Season Six.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 5

May I just say that Jess bitching about Logan being just a jerk with a Porsche is pretty ironic, because Jess was every bit as snotty to Dean, just minus a Porsche.

Today’s workout ended with the appearance of The Feckless Christopher. Gawdamighty.

I now define “split second” as “how fast I can hit the mute button when I hear that smarmy asshole say ‘Lor’”. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

May I just say that Jess bitching about Logan being just a jerk with a Porsche is pretty ironic, because Jess was every bit as snotty to Dean, just minus a Porsche.

Today’s workout ended with the appearance of The Feckless Christopher. Gawdamighty.

I now define “split second” as “how fast I can hit the mute button when I hear that smarmy asshole say ‘Lor’”. 

I get the same sick feeling I got when I watched Rosemary's Baby and her husband keeps calling her "Ro".

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Yeah, such a bunch of great people. Yet were suppose to LOVE THEM according to AS-P and her husband. 🤮

• Love 3
2 hours ago, cleo said:

oldernowiser it all gets worse!

You are not wrong. Sigh.

1) I am not impressed by the actress playing the role of Luke’s daughter. She’s overly precious. They would have done better with that character being more like Luke.

2) Where have I seen the actor who’s the editor-in-chief of the Stamford Daily News before? It’s bugging me. 

3) Sniveling, whining, floundering Christopher was bad. Somehow, “I’m filthy rich!!!!” Christopher is worse, and I didn’t think that was possible.

4) Lorelai spent most of the Christopher scene fiddling with her engagement ring, yet somehow Mr. “It’s All About Me!!!!” didn’t notice?

Feh. Stupid show..

ETA: I forgot one happy thing...Michel going bonkers over Rory’s return was adorable. I love his cranky French ass.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

2) Where have I seen the actor who’s the editor-in-chief of the Stamford Daily News before? It’s bugging me

He was Dr. Gablehauser on The Big Bang Theory, as well as a bazillion other HITG roles.

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Useful 1

Where to begin...

I fear I am Gilmore Girl broken. And I haven’t even gotten to the Lorelai sleeps with Christopher episode yet, and yes I know about that and it’s like waiting for the speeding meteor to drop out of the sky, not knowing if it’s going to land on the house, or just slightly to one side, sparing everyone but traumatizing them for all eternity.

Shit. Why do writers of successful television romcoms end up despising their viewers??? Seriously, because it’s the only reason I can think of that we end up with garbage like this.

1) At this point, pretty much every man in this series is an Idiot, an Asshole or just plain Weird. Some are more than one (Zach, for example, is all three). I struggle to think of an exception...maybe Gil? Michel? Borderline.

2) I can’t believe they trotted out that “we were on a break” crap. Seriously? Have some shame, writers. Have some originality.

3) Lorelai....USE YOUR DAMNED WORDS. If you’re pissed that Luke has cut you out of the whole April deal (I’m sorry, she leaves me cold), SPEAK UP. If you’re heartbroken and nervous about postponing the wedding, SPEAK UP. SPEAK THE FUCK UP. 

4) On a related note, Anna Nardini is Lorelai’s slightly older body double (I was on the treadmill and thought for a second I had had some kind of hypoxia incident because that door opened and I honestly thought it was Lorelai). I note Anna isn’t afraid to tell Luke her mind and in no uncertain terms. Lorelai, take lessons. 

5) What have they done to my Paris? Why? Why? I love her. Now she’s crazy again. Why? 

6) Rory only seems to have two modes these days: she flips back and forth between overly arrogant and overly sad sack. I would like to blame Logan but I can’t, not entirely. And WTF with Lorelai’s suddenly switching back to Team Logan? 

7) If I want to watch a obnoxious entitled three-year-old having tantrums for half an hour, I’ll go to Target. There’s always a few there. Of course, Christopher’s kid is going to be a mess. No need to drag that out for an entire episode.

8). Luke. Oh, Luke. You used to not have much of a clue, but at least you knew you didn’t have much of a clue. What happened to you?

TL;DR: Ugh. Just ugh.

• Love 5

And while I’m ranting...

Why do the show runners enjoy torturing viewers with references to key scenes/events we never get to see? Luke proposing? The letter Lorelai wrote to Rory? Lorelai dumping Max? And those are just the three that immediately come to mind. 

I realize Luke and Lorelai are both kinda snarky, unsentimental characters...but they never seem to use endearments with each other. It’s odd. My husband and I are pretty snarky, too, but the only time we address each other by our actual names is when an argument is about to commence or one of us is about to get hit by a car and needs to be warned in a hurry. L/L? It’s always Luke and Lorelai. I think she called him “babe” once...sarcastically. I have a more verbally affectionate relationship with my physical therapist.

Again: ugh.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Why do writers of successful television romcoms end up despising their viewers???

Season 6 was a big screw you to the viewers by the Palladinos.  They knew they were not coming back and wanted to let us all know how little they cared about what we wanted or thought.  They also wanted to make it impossible for a season 7 to satisfy anybody thus causing the cancellation.

And guess what?  It worked.  We all hated what they did to the characters and there was no turning back in the final season.  And then they sealed the deal with that atrocious sequel.  A pox on their heads.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Season 6 was a big screw you to the viewers by the Palladinos.  They knew they were not coming back and wanted to let us all know how little they cared about what we wanted or thought.  They also wanted to make it impossible for a season 7 to satisfy anybody thus causing the cancellation.

And guess what?  It worked.  We all hated what they did to the characters and there was no turning back in the final season.  And then they sealed the deal with that atrocious sequel.  A pox on their heads.

I know. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisal is supposed to be great but I'll never know. I won't watch anything ASP is involved with. It's too bad too because I love Tony Shaloub.

• Love 7

Ah the rage. I remember it well. And the final nail in the coffin ending.

I feel like Lorelai sleeping with Christopher was worse than Buffy sleeping with Spike. And alright I admit I liked Spike, but I know how most people reacted. And Lorelai sleeping with Christopher was worse than how those people felt about Spuffy. 

I haven't seen Season 6 in a decade and I still remember that shot of Lorelai's face. Was it in the morning when she woke up? The expression of a woman that completely degraded herself. 

And of course Christopher was more than happy to participate.

Edited by cleo
  • Love 5

Ha. If you have nothing else better to do, like me, Google “Gilmore Girls jumps shark.”

People have a LOT of feelings on this topic!

And I found my favorite description of Logan of all time:

”Logan, the son of a bitch psychic vampire layabout partying rich fuck with wretchedly uncharming friends, a vague undercurrent of misogyny, and a criminal disregard for the feelings of others, who almost ruined her life and makes original Jess lovable by comparison... Why, he deserves a second chance because he's all puppy-dog eyes now and brings her dinner! Maybe Rory will get to have it all!!!”

(Credit goes to some blog person called MrDanKelly. Bravo!)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cleo said:

Ah the rage. I remember it well. And the final nail in the coffin ending.

I feel like Lorelai sleeping with Christopher was worse than Buffy sleeping with Spike. And alright I admit I liked Spike, but I know how most people reacted. And Lorelai sleeping with Christopher was worse than how those people felt about Spuffy. 

I haven't seen Season 6 in a decade and I still remember that shot of Lorelai's face. Was it in the morning when she woke up? The expression of a woman that completely degraded herself. 

And of course Christopher was more than happy to participate.

Oh...God. I knew it was going to be Awful. Direct meteor hit to the house awful.

🤯

• Love 4

I think the secret is that you have to watch not thinking about the big moments, and focus on all of the moments.  I enjoyed every season of my rewatch this last time by enjoying so many good moments in between the rough times.

• Love 4

@alexa I do think that is the best way to watch. I decided when I rewatch 6 I will only watch until the kid shows up. I like to snark, but I'm  really not into hatewatching.

Then s7. I dont remember it at all, and I'm actually kind of curious to give it a chance and see what good bits are there.

• Love 2
On 12/12/2020 at 1:54 PM, Oldernowiser said:8). Luke. Oh, Luke. You used to not have much of a clue, but at least you knew you didn’t have much of a clue. What happened to you?

Doesn’t it tick you off how much they dumbed him down as soon as he was dating Lorelai?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, cleo said:

@alexa I do think that is the best way to watch. I decided when I rewatch 6 I will only watch until the kid shows up. I like to snark, but I'm  really not into hatewatching.

Then s7. I dont remember it at all, and I'm actually kind of curious to give it a chance and see what good bits are there.

There really are some great moments in that season once you get past the Lorelai/Christopher stuff.  (and probably some during that but I can't remember at this moment)

• Love 1

I have no idea if this is the 6th season or not but it’s the show that the girls went to 4 Thanksgiving dinners. Lorelei’s hair is so awful. I can’t imagine who was the hair stylist on this show. 

18 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I have no idea if this is the 6th season or not but it’s the show that the girls went to 4 Thanksgiving dinners. Lorelei’s hair is so awful. I can’t imagine who was the hair stylist on this show. 

It's a little casual but I don't see anything really bad there.

They showed her from the back. It was straight and stringy. The sides were barrel curled and stuck out on the sides if you viewed her from the rear. It looked like she’d had bangs that she was trying to grow out but they didn’t know what to do with her hair in the meantime. It’s the worst it ever looked in any of the seasons, IMO.

• Love 1
On 12/16/2020 at 7:03 PM, Gam2 said:

They showed her from the back. It was straight and stringy. The sides were barrel curled and stuck out on the sides if you viewed her from the rear. It looked like she’d had bangs that she was trying to grow out but they didn’t know what to do with her hair in the meantime. It’s the worst it ever looked in any of the seasons, IMO.

I actually hate Lorelai's hair at Rory's graduation in S3.  I really dislike LG's hair when it's too curly.  

Hate, hate, hate. This show has become a never-ending festival of passive aggression while I snarl futilely at the screen. Lorelai’s pissed at Luke over the whole April The Charmless Twerp situation, with good reason, but is pretending she isn’t. Rory is pissed at Logan, with good reason, but is pretending she isn’t. The Gilmores are plotting to move to Stars Hollow, but are pretending they’re not. 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠

Years from now, when I look back, I believe it will be the moment when Lorelai just stood there while Luke prattled on about his plans to have April meet JESS of all people* that marked the end of my GG love forever. That and twerpy kids singing the periodic table on a school bus. That and another total bullshit washed-up celebrity cameo with the Real Paul Anka that went on for an eternity.

Nothing good lasts forever. Sigh.

* Lorelai, let me help you. The words you’re choking back are, “JESS???!!!! JESS???!!!! What the actual tap dancing fuck? Everyone in town has met her, now you’re taking the act on the road and yet somehow you’ve neglected to have her even say ‘hi’ to the person you think you’re going to marry????!!!” Now, see? Was that so hard?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

That and twerpy kids singing the periodic table on a school bus.

When my son was a kid, there used to a radio station here in Seattle called Kid Star. It was aimed at the seven to eleven demographic, which was the age my son was. They played a lot of great stuff on there and brought Weird Al to the Paramount theater for concerts twice. They played that song all the time, so I have rather soft spot for it. But yeah, the whole April S/L was utter unmitigated balls, bullshit and bollocks. TIIC basically wrecked the show for no good reason.

• Love 2

Hated this storyline with a passion. ASP said in an interview that they needed a plot to break them up but a cheating Luke would never work; wouldn’t be believable. However, evidently Sherylnn Finn was originally suppose to be the reason for the breakup.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, FictionLover said:

Hated this storyline with a passion. ASP said in an interview that they needed a plot to break them up but a cheating Luke would never work; wouldn’t be believable. However, evidently Sherylnn Finn was originally suppose to be the reason for the breakup.

Was season 5's breakup not enough? Should've made that one last longer, then, because why the f**k did they need to break up again in season 6 - after getting engaged, no less? 

It's a shame when creators/showrunners let their egos take over which ultimately leads to ruin things. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Was season 5's breakup not enough? Should've made that one last longer, then, because why the f**k did they need to break up again in season 6 - after getting engaged, no less? 

It's a shame when creators/showrunners let their egos take over which ultimately leads to ruin things. 

They didn't need too. They could have easily married off Luke and Lorelai at the end of season six and we could have watched their first year married in season seven. There was a lot to work with the two figuring out married life, Luke going to Friday Night Dinners, and seeing how that would go. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

They didn't need too. They could have easily married off Luke and Lorelai at the end of season six and we could have watched their first year married in season seven. There was a lot to work with the two figuring out married life, Luke going to Friday Night Dinners, and seeing how that would go. 

I would have loved that.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

They could have easily married off Luke and Lorelai at the end of season six and we could have watched their first year married in season seven. There was a lot to work with the two figuring out married life, Luke going to Friday Night Dinners, and seeing how that would go. 

That would have been so great. It annoys me to no end that ASP just completely forgot what made GG special in the first place. The early seasons were so good because we were just watching these characters we loved struggle with everyday life. Even though the background was a bit more extreme than real life (SH and the townies were a little too idealistic, the elder Gilmores were a little too evil toward Lorelai and a little too fawning of Rory, Sookie was a little too klutzy, Mrs. Kim was a little too strict, Taylor was a little too anal, Kirk was a little too eccentric, etc) overall their lives and struggles were real and recognizable.

The latter part of Season 5 and pretty much all of Season 6, on the other hand, was nonsensical soap opera BS.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

So would I.  There would have been a lot of material to work with as they journeyed into co-habitation. 

And fucking Anna wouldn't have any say in how much fun Lorelai could have with April. Not that I really cared about April I just hated the high handed way Anna treated Lorelai.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, FictionLover said:

The situation with Anna could have provided the angst factor alone for those two.

Better yet, the whole April storyline could have been thrown in the trash before it ever started. It adds nothing but inexplicable drama and the kid as written is a charmless bot. 

• Love 8

Okay, forgive me if this has been discussed to death somewhere earlier but we just lost power and I have approximately seven minutes before I lose Internet access.

Let me just say that I have gone through the stages of grieving in multiple permutations over this wretched, wretched season. I have been reasonably sanguine and calm, expecting plot carnage and writer stupidity. Fine. I knew what I was getting into.

But today as I was tempting fate and running on the treadmill during a storm hoping the power wouldn’t crap out and throw me across the room, I BROKE. And it’s about something so relatively stupid...

Episode 20...Logan’s in the hospital. He even SAYS he’s in the hospital. He doesn’t get discharged from the hospital until Episode 21. I checked. SO WHAT THE HELL WITH ALL OF THE STUPID STUFF FROM HIS APARTMENT BEING THERE??? I don’t care how rich you are, nobody’s going to let you put up a large hideous oil painting, let alone a SUIT OF ARMOR, in your hospital room. Not to mention it was the bedding from the apartment, as well.

Why do I find this so insanely irritating? Because it’s a giant FUCK* YOU YOU’RE ALL IDIOTS ANYWAY to the viewing audience. The showrunners apparently just figured no one would notice or care, so why should they. Um, because you’re PAID to care? Because this show made you famous? Because people are emotionally invested and that’s what you said you wanted?

I have given up the F word for 2021 and this is sorely, sorely, tempting me to not only fall off the wagon, but LEAP SCREAMING from the wagon. But...SCREW YOU, PALLADINOS. SCREW YOU TWICE. AND YOUR MARRIAGE MUST REALLY, REALLY SUCK.

That is all.

* Oops.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, forgive me if this has been discussed to death somewhere earlier but we just lost power and I have approximately seven minutes before I lose Internet access.

Let me just say that I have gone through the stages of grieving in multiple permutations over this wretched, wretched season. I have been reasonably sanguine and calm, expecting plot carnage and writer stupidity. Fine. I knew what I was getting into.

But today as I was tempting fate and running on the treadmill during a storm hoping the power wouldn’t crap out and throw me across the room, I BROKE. And it’s about something so relatively stupid...

Episode 20...Logan’s in the hospital. He even SAYS he’s in the hospital. He doesn’t get discharged from the hospital until Episode 21. I checked. SO WHAT THE HELL WITH ALL OF THE STUPID STUFF FROM HIS APARTMENT BEING THERE??? I don’t care how rich you are, nobody’s going to let you put up a large hideous oil painting, let alone a SUIT OF ARMOR, in your hospital room. Not to mention it was the bedding from the apartment, as well.

Why do I find this so insanely irritating? Because it’s a giant FUCK* YOU YOU’RE ALL IDIOTS ANYWAY to the viewing audience. The showrunners apparently just figured no one would notice or care, so why should they. Um, because you’re PAID to care? Because this show made you famous? Because people are emotionally invested and that’s what you said you wanted?

I have given up the F word for 2021 and this is sorely, sorely, tempting me to not only fall off the wagon, but LEAP SCREAMING from the wagon. But...SCREW YOU, PALLADINOS. SCREW YOU TWICE. AND YOUR MARRIAGE MUST REALLY, REALLY SUCK.

That is all.

* Oops.

Sing it, sister!

• Love 2

...wow!  Luke has a kid????

Is this some kind of thing they used to do in those days...introduce a younger kid when the other kid is too old?  Like Rory is 21 so this kid is there to replace her.

I.e.  Cosby Show, Growing Pains, Brady Bunch, etc.

And then after all of his telling Lorelai to communicate with him he doesn't tell her for 2 months. 

Ok...so Christopher finally does the right thing and Emily and Richard get mad?  What's wrong with them?  I'm thinking that's the only way they can control the girls.

I think what annoys me the most about this show is that nobody tells anybody anything.  All of the drama could be averted if they did.  Of course nobody told Richard and Emily about the tuition.

BTW I am a big fan of Mrs. Maisal on Netflix and I just saw the ASP had something to do with it and someone mentioned Gilmore...that's why I started watching.  However Mrs M didn't bug me as much as this does.

Edited by NYGirl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Ok...so Christopher finally does the right thing and Emily and Richard get mad?  What's wrong with them?  I'm thinking that's the only way they can control the girls.

R&E would never be happy until Christopher married the Perfect Robot Daughter they always tried to turn Lorelai into and he could be their Perfect Robot Son In Law. Tada! Their fake Perfect Life. 

• Love 5