Type keyword(s) to search

Season 6

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Thanks, Taryn! As I said, I sometimes miss important details. I also forgot there are Wikipedia pages for fictional characters. Lorelai Gilmore's page says her birthdate is April 16, 1968, and Rory's page states her birthdate as October 8, 1984.

Is there an episode in which Lorelai's birth year is mentioned? I know you said the timeline is based on "lining up comments and birthdays from several different episodes," but I'm wondering if anyone else remembers whether the actual year of Lorelai's birth is stated in any of the scripts.

"Lorelai Gilmore, disappointing mothers since 1968." Said by Lorelai after some confrontation with Mrs Kim or other, although I forget which episode it's from. Oh, Google is my friend - season 6, episode 19.

• Love 4

So if Lorelai was some months pregnant at the coming out party, and I'm not sure it was coincident with her turning sixteen, was it? It's more of a seasonal thing in a girl's sixteenth and seventeenth year. 

Anyway, that would put her at over seventeen when she left home. Put the birth at halfway through her sixteenth year, and Rory being a month or two over one before they left, and Lorelai is plenty close to eighteen to pass, especially in a small town. She'd only have to talk her way out of a couple of months. 

• Love 1

Season one episode Rory's Birthday Parties, Rory asks Lorelai if she remembered her last birthday at her parents house. She replied yes, she had a fight with her parents because she was pregnant.

She got pregnant at age 15 and had her when she was 16.

Blew threw season 6. I am still unclear about what Rory sees in Logan. (With some of this, I may be confusing the events of season 5 with season 6.) I was happy to see Lorelai taking a stand on Rory taking a break from Yale, but it still seemed to be spurred more from Rory not listening to her than being upset over the fact that Rory internalized one jerk's opinion about not being able to cut it as a journalist. And let's say that was true. Would dropping out have been the best way to handle that? All ends well, I guess, since she returns to Yale.

If Richard and Emily don't want people having sex in their house, adult granddaughter or not, they have that right.

I was glad to see Jess again. I am unnerved that he is still hung up on Rory. I really wish he saw her as a good friend at this point, instead of longing for her. I am also glad that they did not make him some boy wonder writer. Yeah, he wrote a short novel that he is trying hard to get a following for.

I like April a lot but she and Anna seem like Lorelai and Rory 2.0. In fact, this whole thing with Luke, Lorelai, and Anna seemed more convoluted than it needed to be. Lorelai needed a reason to end up in Christopher's bed.

It seemed like Tristan fitted the bill that they have Logan in. I would have rather have seen an reintroduction of Tristan with Rory and have Tristan have a tryst with Rory and not Logan. I still say that my money would be on Marty or Jess.

In season 5's thread, I said Lane's story was tragic. I will eat a little crow. I like Zack a lot, but the writers failed to flesh him out more to show what Zack had to offer to someone like Lane. I get the feeling that they feel as if they had.

Edited by Enigma X
So many typos
  • Love 2

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but just starting to re-watch season 6. How is it possible that Rory is already so averse to work? 300 hours of community service over 6 months is about 11hrs/week. Hardly a 'full time job in itself'. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Ziz said:

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but just starting to re-watch season 6. How is it possible that Rory is already so averse to work? 300 hours of community service over 6 months is about 11hrs/week. Hardly a 'full time job in itself'. 

We were just discussing this in another thread!  I agree completely. Personally, I think it's a sign that she's gotten more spoiled as the series has gone on.

Gah, the day the  meteor hit earth episode today.  I have GG on in the background at lunch time and this episode always kills my appetite.  Time to find something else until we get to the end of season 7.  Cannot stomach watching this once great series spin out of control - anything with April and Christopher makes me physically ill.

• Love 6
(edited)

Season 6 makes me ragey... Lorelai and Rory's rift followed by the introduction of April and ending with Lorelai in bed with Christopher. I skipped it in my rewatch and jumped right to "I'm A Kayak" in the name of self care.

April was so annoying and I hated the entire idea that Luke all of a sudden had a kid he never knew about. Hated how he acted after that, hated what it did to LL's relationship. Why, ASP?!

And then it felt like getting screwed when ASP/the Palladinos jumped ship at the end of the season. I was never hip as to the reason, but if it was beef with the network suits then color me unsurprised yet disappointed because I hate when egos get in the way of storytelling.

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, funnygirl said:

Season 6 makes me ragey... Lorelai and Rory's rift followed by the introduction of April and ending with Lorelai in bed with Christopher. I skipped it in my rewatch and jumped right to "I Am Kayak" in the name of self care.

April was so annoying and I hated the entire idea that Luke all of a sudden had a kid he never knew about. Hated how he acted after that, hated what it did to LL's relationship. Why, ASP?!

And then it felt like getting screwed when ASP/the Palladinos jumped ship at the end of the season. I was never hip as to the reason, but if it was beef with the network suits then color me unsurprised yet disappointed because I hate when egos get in the way of storytelling.

Season 6 is just a complete mess. From Rory dropping out of school and Emily and Richard acting like even bigger morons, including thinking that Lorelai made up everything the Huntzburgers said to Rory at dinner that  night. Then finding out the Huntzburgers were all a bunch of hypo-critics of how they got where they were. Then add in EVERYTHING with April. The problem is, the actress was good, what she did after Gilmore Girls was good, but MY GOD! AS-P and her husband really, didn't want Luke and Lorelai together and then ego vs network heads that lead to them leaving the show and handing the dumpster fire to the new show runners. It was truly sad what Gilmore Girls became in season 6 and then the new show runner thinking they had to "go with what they were handed" in season 7. As many said, it should have either been a nightmare of Luke's. Or when Luke punched Christopher, he should have then doubled back, punched him again and then kicked him in the crotch and went: "To make sure you don't get anyone else pregnant EVER AGAIN!" 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I just have to say after how much grumbling I do about certain scenes and storylines, I always find it refreshing on my rewatch sessions that there are so many good things mixed in that I forget.  Or sometimes a storyline isn't as bad as I remembered.  For example, as much as I hate the Rory leaving Yale story and Emily/Richard's role in it-- what I do like is that Lorelai stands her ground and she has a nice bit of time for her relationship with Luke, which I like.  I forgot there is actually a decent amount of time they are together before everything goes crazy.  

I also like where Richard has that moment of Lorelai was right, and that he brought her the dollhouse.  I also really like that she didn't fall for it all again and basically told him he was on his own with Rory.  I love that Rory didn't know about the engagement and got to see how things feel when you go off and do your own thing with no care for others.  I also like to see Rory taken down a few notches during all of this time.

What I don't like is how they make Rory look so capable in these social situations when she can barely handle anything very well at all.  To me that seems a bit fake and makes her look silly.  Just the way she is at the DAR stuff and other things...I am not buying it.

Lastly this is a good time for Lane and her mom/the band, and that is kind of fun too.  

• Love 7

What I don't like is how they make Rory look so capable in these social situations when she can barely handle anything very well at all.  To me that seems a bit fake and makes her look silly.  Just the way she is at the DAR stuff and other things...I am not buying it.

The way those DAR ladies were slobbering all over her was beyond ridiculous.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

The way those DAR ladies were slobbering all over her was beyond ridiculous.

That was always a head-scratcher to me.  A college dropout and convicted felon was the darling of the snob set?  I can only assume it was because she was Emily's granddaughter.  Otherwise they'd have never given her a second glance.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, alexa said:

And I have to add the dinner with the reverend, talking about her virtue as a gift was really funny.  I had forgotten about that.  Lol

"That ship has sailed. It's probably in Fiji by now." 🤣 I use that all the time.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, chessiegal said:

"That ship has sailed. It's probably in Fiji by now." 🤣 I use that all the time.

And then Richard saying he paid 40k to remodel her sex house!  Omg. Too funny.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

My latest GG assessment.  I am finding this rewatch interesting--I think maybe more time has passed since the last one than usual, so I had forgotten some things, and the bad things I know that are coming aren't quite as bad because there have been some good moments to help through the pain.  lol.  

Anyway, my assessment of the Luke/Lorelai/April situation, though I realize this storyline is totally at the fault of the writers-- in this rewatch it makes absolutely no sense to me why he didn't tell Lorelai right away.  They have become very close, share their lives, and just had the fight about Christopher and realized they need to be honest with each other.  There wasn't a single reason for him not to tell Lorelai right away...this is the woman that had a baby at 16 and ditched her parents, come on... So weird.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, alexa said:

My latest GG assessment.  I am finding this rewatch interesting--I think maybe more time has passed since the last one than usual, so I had forgotten some things, and the bad things I know that are coming aren't quite as bad because there have been some good moments to help through the pain.  lol.  

Anyway, my assessment of the Luke/Lorelai/April situation, though I realize this storyline is totally at the fault of the writers-- in this rewatch it makes absolutely no sense to me why he didn't tell Lorelai right away.  They have become very close, share their lives, and just had the fight about Christopher and realized they need to be honest with each other.  There wasn't a single reason for him not to tell Lorelai right away...this is the woman that had a baby at 16 and ditched her parents, come on... So weird.

Right? They had that big fight about being open and not keeping secrets and then his daughter appears and it all goes out the window. Why? What possible reason did they have for blowing it all away?

• Love 5

Just finished rewatching season 6. It went by quickly because there are so many scenes that I fast forwarded through.

Don't care for Paul Anka. TJ and Liz drive me up a wall and the band stinks. The April story line is complete and utter crap.

We've been watching 6 seasons waiting for Luke and Lorelei to get together and then bam! It all falls apart because Luke won't let Lorelei be part of April's life, and then she has to go run to Christopher and jump in his bed. Ugh!

Why does it seem that the more seasons a show has, the worse the writing gets?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, alexa said:

Well, while I do believe it was totally stupid of him not to tell her and there was no way it wasn't going to completely blow up in his face once she found out.......I do understand his rationale. He wanted to prove to himself and to Anna that he could build a relationship with April based on his own merits, not because he had a sparkly fun girlfriend that April enjoyed being around. (And he might have known something about how Anna would react anyway - look at how she completely lost her sh!t just because Lorelai ended up helping him with the birthday party. Talk about a ridiculous reaction.) And Lorelai is not exactly a passive observer. There was no way she would "leave him alone" to build that relationship, as well meaning as she might be about it. She would treat Luke the exact same way she treated him when Jess came to town the first time -- Lorelai, The Greatest Parent of All Time, would never leave him alone to get to know April and figure things out as he goes along.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

Well, while I do believe it was totally stupid of him not to tell her and there was no way it wasn't going to completely blow up in his face once she found out.......I do understand his rationale. He wanted to prove to himself and to Anna that he could build a relationship with April based on his own merits, not because he had a sparkly fun girlfriend that April enjoyed being around. (And he might have known something about how Anna would react anyway - look at how she completely lost her sh!t just because Lorelai ended up helping him with the birthday party. Talk about a ridiculous reaction.) And Lorelai is not exactly a passive observer. There was no way she would "leave him alone" to build that relationship, as well meaning as she might be about it. She would treat Luke the exact same way she treated him when Jess came to town the first time -- Lorelai, The Greatest Parent of All Time, would never leave him alone to get to know April and figure things out as he goes along.

That is a very good point.  And as you said at the same time it is unfair of Anna to be so weirded out by Lorelai--esp since Luke just found out about his daughter, has his own life, and it isn't his fault the relationship with April just started.  He shouldn't have to exempt his fiance as if all of this was his doing--April did pursue him for the paternity test.  And on that note, Anna acts like, oh that is just something she wanted to do, I had nothing to do with it.... umm perhaps you should have something to do with it since you never told Luke, and you are her parent?  strange...

55 minutes ago, Sharonana said:

Just finished rewatching season 6. It went by quickly because there are so many scenes that I fast forwarded through.

Don't care for Paul Anka. TJ and Liz drive me up a wall and the band stinks. The April story line is complete and utter crap.

We've been watching 6 seasons waiting for Luke and Lorelei to get together and then bam! It all falls apart because Luke won't let Lorelei be part of April's life, and then she has to go run to Christopher and jump in his bed. Ugh!

I have been trying to avoid fast fowarding because I would miss the good moments that help me through the bad parts.  And I think that is the saving grace...I have had a lot of lol or moments I have really enjoyed by just trying to focus on that stuff versus the big storylines.  It seems to be helping a lot because there actually is a lot I like about this season that I would not have remembered otherwise.

• Love 3

Disregarding Luke's involvement, I wonder about parallels between Lorelai and Anna as single mothers. 
Anna was the queen of stupid by not telling the father when the baby was born. Or potential fathers, perhaps. I wish that were a minor criminal offense.

Lorelai was rather passive about encouraging Christopher to be involved. Rory missed out on him, due to his own choices, but she could have been straight with Rory as a pre-teen to stop expecting it. She could also (gasp) have enlisted Emily's help at those occasional holiday visits. Given that Christopher viewed Lorelai as an easy booty call, I think he would have been all for it.

Anna was the extreme opposite, fighting Luke every step of the way, as we know.

I'm not so sure ASP viewed mothers favorably.

• Love 5

I think this current rewatch has softened me some.  I was actually a little okay with the whole Lorelai ultimatum and her questionable behavior afterwards.  I think before I had a hard time with it because it was that classic, let's break up the couple by having someone do something stupid.  This time I felt like I had more time with Luke and Lorelai in their relationship, and though their relationship was going really well for a long time, it really did go south with the appearance of April.

I think although Lorelai asked Luke to hold off on the wedding because of Rory, the difference was she was actively spending time on him and their relationship throughout that experience, and he was always up to date on what was going on.  When April came, though I understand Luke's shock and surprise, he really held Lorelai off too much and for too long--that would ruin many relationships.  I think when she made the ultimatum she knew it was either moving forward or it was done, and she couldn't take anymore of sitting on the sidelines/not being a part of his life.  There are so many ways he could have fit her in separate from April, and he didn't do it.

The sleeping with Christopher didn't bother me so much this time because I sense she wanted to make sure she ended it with Luke and this would do it.  I think she knew the relationship was done (at least for now).  So when Luke comes back and says he wants to marry her--before I felt like, why did you mess this up Lorelai?  and this time I was kind of feeling--I get it.  She knows it could have ended differently but she also knew why she made the mistake that she did.  

Can I add how funny I found it that Rory was mad at Lorelai about it?  Excuse me, miss sleep with a married man and break up a marriage girl.  lol

This all said, I don't at all like what is to come with Christopher/Lorelai in season 7--so I am not totally crazy.  I will probably FF through most of their scenes.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, alexa said:

I think this current rewatch has softened me some.  I was actually a little okay with the whole Lorelai ultimatum and her questionable behavior afterwards.  I think before I had a hard time with it because it was that classic, let's break up the couple by having someone do something stupid.  This time I felt like I had more time with Luke and Lorelai in their relationship, and though their relationship was going really well for a long time, it really did go south with the appearance of April.

I think although Lorelai asked Luke to hold off on the wedding because of Rory, the difference was she was actively spending time on him and their relationship throughout that experience, and he was always up to date on what was going on.  When April came, though I understand Luke's shock and surprise, he really held Lorelai off too much and for too long--that would ruin many relationships.  I think when she made the ultimatum she knew it was either moving forward or it was done, and she couldn't take anymore of sitting on the sidelines/not being a part of his life.  There are so many ways he could have fit her in separate from April, and he didn't do it.

The sleeping with Christopher didn't bother me so much this time because I sense she wanted to make sure she ended it with Luke and this would do it.  I think she knew the relationship was done (at least for now).  So when Luke comes back and says he wants to marry her--before I felt like, why did you mess this up Lorelai?  and this time I was kind of feeling--I get it.  She knows it could have ended differently but she also knew why she made the mistake that she did.  

Can I add how funny I found it that Rory was mad at Lorelai about it?  Excuse me, miss sleep with a married man and break up a marriage girl.  lol

This all said, I don't at all like what is to come with Christopher/Lorelai in season 7--so I am not totally crazy.  I will probably FF through most of their scenes.  

I could have written this because I agree with this 100 percent!

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/25/2020 at 1:59 PM, Sharonana said:

That is definitely true. The netlflix season was awful. I didn't like most of it and it was a major step down from earlier seasons of shows.

The whole thing with April did suck in season 6. I remember that it made no sense for Luke not to tell Loriali right away.  And I didn't like the chrispher thing, but most of that was in season 7 if I remember correctly.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 7
On 7/1/2020 at 8:43 PM, alexa said:

On 7/2/2020 at 1:37 AM, FictionLover said:

I could have written this because I agree with this 100 percent!

Same. I have been saying this for too long. Lorelai is not to blame for the situation at all. There came a time when she had to say "I'm done" and because she loved Luke so much, she knew she had to do something drastic to make sure he wouldn't come back to her, like after their E&R wedding fight. I actually think that when she explains to Sookie, she makes more sense than she ever did in that show:

"No, you don't get it. I need it to be over. I need it to be over because I can't take this anymore. Yes, I love Luke, and, yes, I wanted to marry Luke. But I didn't want a life separate from Luke, and that's all he could give me. I don't want that. If I'm gonna be with Luke, I want to be with Luke, and he didn't get it, and I waited. I mean, god, I waited. It's like Luke is driving a car, okay, and I just want to be in the passenger's seat. But he's locked the door, and and so I have to hold onto the bumper, you know? I'm not even asking him to open the door for me. Just leave it unlocked and say, "come in." But no, he didn't do that, so I'm hanging onto the bumper, and life goes on, and the car goes on, and I get really badly bruised and hitting potholes. And it hurts. I mean, it hurts. So yesterday I had to let go of the bumper because it hurts too much. It hurts too much."

• Love 2

The Palladinos were not very logical when they claimed the April thing went on for two months without Lorelai learning of it.

Hello magazine had such a network of gossips that it would be impossible that April would be in the diner to see Luke and nobody said anything to Lorelai.

Can you imagine Luke, kid-hater/uncomfortable around kids except Rory, being in the diner talking to a kid from out of town, and that not making the Stars Hollow website? 😆 It wouldn't have to be Babette or Miss Patty to be present, this is newsworthy stuff.

Add to that the hours that LL spent together. Ridiculous. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, junienmomo said:

The Palladinos were not very logical when they claimed the April thing went on for two months without Lorelai learning of it.

Hello magazine had such a network of gossips that it would be impossible that April would be in the diner to see Luke and nobody said anything to Lorelai.

Can you imagine Luke, kid-hater/uncomfortable around kids except Rory, being in the diner talking to a kid from out of town, and that not making the Stars Hollow website? 😆 It wouldn't have to be Babette or Miss Patty to be present, this is newsworthy stuff.

Add to that the hours that LL spent together. Ridiculous. 

Even showing how stupid it was that Anna NEVER TOLD Luke because he made a comment about kids being annoying. She had it translate to: "He hates children, he will never accept having his own." WTF?

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, readster said:

Even showing how stupid it was that Anna NEVER TOLD Luke because he made a comment about kids being annoying. She had it translate to: "He hates children, he will never accept having his own." WTF?

Especially when she didn't need or want anything from him. He had a right to know.

• Love 3
(edited)

The whole insertion of April and giving Luke a surprise!kid was so inauthentic. The Palladinos reached big time to break up LL in such a way just so they could give Lorelai and Christopher one last ride. If this was the best they could come up with, I would've rather they let the season 5 post-party breakup stick a little longer and do Lorelai/Christopher then since the stage was already set for it. The first breakup seemed to have a much bigger impact with the town divided with the bows and such. 

The Palladinos jumping ship at the end of season 6 before fixing what they broke added insult to injury. 

Edited by funnygirl
  • Love 8
On 7/25/2020 at 2:07 PM, readster said:

The whole thing was insane.  Anna was a monster who denied her child a father for reasons so asinine that the entire town of Stars Hollow should have stood in a long line for the opportunity to slap her, Airplane-style.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 8/1/2020 at 10:16 PM, txhorns79 said:

The whole thing was insane.  Anna was a monster who denied her child a father for reasons so asinine that the entire town of Stars Hollow should have stood in a long line for the opportunity to slap her, Airplane-style.  

Exactly. Anna wasn't some 16 year old scared and frighten with her parents TELLING her to give the baby up or that the father was "no good". Anna wasn't bi-polar or something. We are also suppose to think Anna's mother who she threaten to move that exact same season because of her apparent health issues. Didn't at one point go: "He deserves to know!" It was just so half assed.

• Love 4

Just catching the episode where Lorelei finds out Luke has a daughter and it still makes Zero sense he hid it for 2 months and that he wanted her to have nothing to do with her... it just Makes No Sense and bugs the hell out of me 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Just catching the episode where Lorelei finds out Luke has a daughter and it still makes Zero sense he hid it for 2 months and that he wanted her to have nothing to do with her... it just Makes No Sense and bugs the hell out of me 

It bugs me too. I'm watching (I think) the same episode and he reacts so weirdly to everything. And I hated Anna. The whole thing was a mess.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

It bugs me too. I'm watching (I think) the same episode and he reacts so weirdly to everything. And I hated Anna. The whole thing was a mess.

and the excuse he later gives her in the season of he doesn't want April to like her best before he gets to know her was so freaking dumb and out of character...you would want your child to know the woman that is going to be in her life and you are marrying and its not a competition.. the stretch they used to add conflict to this cousin Oliver storyline just ugh 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

and the excuse he later gives her in the season of he doesn't want April to like her best before he gets to know her was so freaking dumb and out of character...you would want your child to know the woman that is going to be in her life and you are marrying and its not a competition.. the stretch they used to add conflict to this cousin Oliver storyline just ugh 

Exactly. WTF was wrong with ASP or was this done by the new show runners?

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Right and even with April's appearance in the Revival. Luke is still: "She's my daughter and she will like you better." April is 24 by then! I mean, WTF? Even AS-P saying that April was to keep Luke and Lorelai a part and "create needed drama." Oh bullshit. It was created because you wanted your precious Christopher story that even the new show-runners still did. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Exactly. WTF was wrong with ASP or was this done by the new show runners?

Daniel Palladino wrote it it looks like he also is responsible for the shit show episodes of a year in the life ( do not get me started on the stupid he came up with in his two episodes) so ugh 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Daniel Palladino wrote it it looks like he also is responsible for the shit show episodes of a year in the life ( do not get me started on the stupid he came up with in his two episodes) so ugh 

Oh like blowing all the budget on the stupid musical summer episode and having Lorelai border on human trafficking with the twins and Lane and Zach look like they were looking into the Dead Lights. Yep, I rather forget too. 

• Love 4

Oh, God. Season Six. It’s not like you guys didn’t warn me. Sigh. I’m only halfway through episode 5 and I may lack the intestinal fortitude to continue.

Ahem. Warning, opinions ahead.

1) Jesus, Luke and Lorelai. I realize you two both have huge avoidant attachment problems but, really Luke? Buy a house without discussing it? Really, Lorelai? Get a dog without discussing it? 

“Luke Danes, table for one and Lorelai Gilmore, needs a forklift for all of her emotional baggage, are engaged” may have been the most accurate line of this entire series.

2) Lorelai. The man moved heaven and earth to save your dog’s life, a dog he doesn’t even much care for. He doesn’t even get a thank you, just “Oh, BTW, no wedding date until I solve my rift with Rory.”  Honey, I would have moved UP the wedding date just so he couldn’t have gotten away.

3) Rory, Rory, Rory. You spoiled little snot. First, you are not “on your own” when your grandparents are paying for your house, your car, your housecleaning, your decorating and shlepping you around for your community service duties. Second, you have a lot of balls telling Paris the solution to her parents suddenly having no money was, “get a job.” Back atcha. I’m surprised Paris took that shit from you.

And Logan is an asshole. If he didn’t screw his way through Europe with his creepy rich buddies (that poor “milkmaid” child from Amsterdam...which, BTW, I call bullshit on, because I spent quite a bit of time in Amsterdam and 99% of the population speaks better English than I do), I’m a rhinoceros. Yet he waltzes back into your bed, crashes your DAR event, acts like a world-class punk and then invites his drunk-ass buds over to YOUR place. (Well, your grandparents’ place.) Grow a pair, girl. You wouldn’t even have had to do hard time if you hadn’t been trying to act like Logan in the first place.

4) I now skip over most of the endless Kirk scenes and am a better person for it. 

5) Jackson’s brother is one of the skeeviest characters ever. EVER. If some guy licks his finger AND WIPES IT ON MY CLOTHES he is going home without that finger. Shudder.

6) Sookie, get up and turn down the damned volume yourself. Better yet, turn it off. Davey isn’t learning anything other than his parents might be insane.

7) TJ. Good grief. That cut-rate Joe Pesci wannabe AND Beau in a single season? Why, writers, WHY? What did the viewers ever do to you?

More Michel. More Paris. Please???

Staring down the ever-darkening prospect of watching the rest of this season is like every bad horror film ever made...I KNOW nothing good awaits me down in that basement, but I somehow must keep creeping down those stairs...

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Lorelai. The man moved heaven and earth to save your dog’s life, a dog he doesn’t even much care for. He doesn’t even get a thank you, just “Oh, BTW, no wedding date until I solve my rift with Rory.”  Honey, I would have moved UP the wedding date just so he couldn’t have gotten away.

Good point!

Second, you have a lot of balls telling Paris the solution to her parents suddenly having no money was, “get a job.” Back atcha. I’m surprised Paris took that shit from you.

Ha! Same. Paris should have told her off, and hard.

Jackson’s brother is one of the skeeviest characters ever. EVER. If some guy licks his finger AND WIPES IT ON MY CLOTHES he is going home without that finger. Shudder.

Aw, I think Beau was harmless. Just a redneck wannabe Lothario trying way too hard.

Edited by Taryn74
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

At least he wasn't the terrifying Renfield wannabe that Rune was.

See, Rune’s reaction to Lorelai cracked me up. Watching Lorelai’s hot girl looks and humorous quippage completely fail for once was refreshing.

Yes, Rune was completely certifiable. But still, watching Lorelai flounder as a blind date fail was fun for me...and I LIKE Lorelai. She just gets away with more than is healthy and this was a momentary correction.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

See, Rune’s reaction to Lorelai cracked me up. Watching Lorelai’s hot girl looks and humorous quippage completely fail for once was refreshing.

Totally agree. Double Date is one of my favorite eps of the entire series, and this is a big part why.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Oh, God. Season Six. It’s not like you guys didn’t warn me. Sigh. I’m only halfway through episode 5 and I may lack the intestinal fortitude to continue.

Ahem. Warning, opinions ahead.

1) Jesus, Luke and Lorelai. I realize you two both have huge avoidant attachment problems but, really Luke? Buy a house without discussing it? Really, Lorelai? Get a dog without discussing it? 

“Luke Danes, table for one and Lorelai Gilmore, needs a forklift for all of her emotional baggage, are engaged” may have been the most accurate line of this entire series.

2) Lorelai. The man moved heaven and earth to save your dog’s life, a dog he doesn’t even much care for. He doesn’t even get a thank you, just “Oh, BTW, no wedding date until I solve my rift with Rory.”  Honey, I would have moved UP the wedding date just so he couldn’t have gotten away.

3) Rory, Rory, Rory. You spoiled little snot. First, you are not “on your own” when your grandparents are paying for your house, your car, your housecleaning, your decorating and shlepping you around for your community service duties. Second, you have a lot of balls telling Paris the solution to her parents suddenly having no money was, “get a job.” Back atcha. I’m surprised Paris took that shit from you.

And Logan is an asshole. If he didn’t screw his way through Europe with his creepy rich buddies (that poor “milkmaid” child from Amsterdam...which, BTW, I call bullshit on, because I spent quite a bit of time in Amsterdam and 99% of the population speaks better English than I do), I’m a rhinoceros. Yet he waltzes back into your bed, crashes your DAR event, acts like a world-class punk and then invites his drunk-ass buds over to YOUR place. (Well, your grandparents’ place.) Grow a pair, girl. You wouldn’t even have had to do hard time if you hadn’t been trying to act like Logan in the first place.

4) I now skip over most of the endless Kirk scenes and am a better person for it. 

5) Jackson’s brother is one of the skeeviest characters ever. EVER. If some guy licks his finger AND WIPES IT ON MY CLOTHES he is going home without that finger. Shudder.

6) Sookie, get up and turn down the damned volume yourself. Better yet, turn it off. Davey isn’t learning anything other than his parents might be insane.

7) TJ. Good grief. That cut-rate Joe Pesci wannabe AND Beau in a single season? Why, writers, WHY? What did the viewers ever do to you?

More Michel. More Paris. Please???

Staring down the ever-darkening prospect of watching the rest of this season is like every bad horror film ever made...I KNOW nothing good awaits me down in that basement, but I somehow must keep creeping down those stairs...

I have so much love for this post that I cannot explain it. Especially #2. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Hugs for you on watching the rest of the season. It does not get better, but it's nearly a rite of passage for fans to experience the crushing disappointment. 😢😢😢🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
59 minutes ago, junienmomo said:

I have so much love for this post that I cannot explain it. Especially #2. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Hugs for you on watching the rest of the season. It does not get better, but it's nearly a rite of passage for fans to experience the crushing disappointment. 😢😢😢🤣🤣🤣

I don’t know whether to thank you or 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱. I already know that both Jess (little punk) and Christopher (older giant punk) are going to show up like a recurring nightmare that requires drugs and therapy to process and I am concerned.

I suspect I won’t take it well.

• LOL 4