Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Our Spoiler and Speculation Topic

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Crs97 said:

Is it the same UPS driver that cried when William died because William would stop him enroute to wax philosophically about life lessons?  They could milk that.

No, that was a US Postal Service mailman. Blue uniform, not brown. :)

• Love 3

Does anybody know anything about present day Kevin's role in the finale? We got at least a hint about everybody else, but absolutely nothing on Kevin. If dead old Jack has more going on than Kevin, I'm gonna be annoyed. I need him to be more than just a support for Kate. It's the finale after all.

There was some sort of official screeing of the finale today that Milo, Mandy and Justin attended. Did anybody from this board happen to be there?

30 minutes ago, GSMHvisitor said:

Does anybody know anything about present day Kevin's role in the finale? We got at least a hint about everybody else, but absolutely nothing on Kevin. If dead old Jack has more going on than Kevin, I'm gonna be annoyed. I need him to be more than just a support for Kate. It's the finale after all.

From the preview that's posted in the episode thread it looks like both Kevin and Randall are walking Kate down the aisle, wearing matching tuxes.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, chocolatine said:

From the preview that's posted in the episode thread it looks like both Kevin and Randall are walking Kate down the aisle, wearing matching tuxes.

Yeah, I just wonder what else they will have going on, besides supporting Kate. I know for Randall and Beth it's gonna be Deja. Kevin better have something individual too. Oh well, in less than 24 hours we will know.

On 3/11/2018 at 2:26 PM, 3 is enough said:

I have seen a couple of teasers about the finale saying there "may" be a wedding.  Since the preview shows Kate coming down the aisle and Toby smiling as he watches her, if there is a last minute change of heart at the altar I am going to be royally pissed off. I just hate that kind of drama.

May? That's odd, they've talked about it in interviews etc. The "something happy" finally happening. I hope they don't jump the shark with this show, please stop the mystery all the time, people watch a good drama for the writing and acting, not the twists. Bad shows need that, not good ones.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, debraran said:

Bad shows need that, not good ones.

True: but the show isn't responsible for its marketing. That's the network. And the marketing for this show has been relentless, with all the subtlety of a safe falling out of a window.

The network produces each promo, preview and aftershow. It books and manages the interviews, talk show appearances and photo shoots for the cast and creative team. It wages what is now the year-long series of campaign for industry awards distributed throughout the season. It negotiates product placement and probably, sponsor advertising created around the show's themes of family and home. 

Maybe someone drops dead and disrupts the wedding?  Then they have to reschedule...

Maybe it's Miguel......to heap some more sh...tuff onto Rebecca and on Kate!

By the way, pure speculation-no basis for it at all other than trying to be humorous

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Pallas said:

Definitely tonight, March 13: the season finale, "The Wedding."  What does your schedule have instead?

It lists two hours of "The Voice."  Thank you, I'll switch to NBC at 9 in case that's wrong.

• Love 1
On 3/11/2018 at 1:26 PM, 3 is enough said:

I have seen a couple of teasers about the finale saying there "may" be a wedding.  Since the preview shows Kate coming down the aisle and Toby smiling as he watches her, if there is a last minute change of heart at the altar I am going to be royally pissed off. I just hate that kind of drama.

Susan says Toby and Kate make it official in this interview.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, GSMHvisitor said:

Yeah, I just wonder what else they will have going on, besides supporting Kate. I know for Randall and Beth it's gonna be Deja. Kevin better have something individual too. Oh well, in less than 24 hours we will know.

TBH, I don't want either of them to have anything else going on besides supporting Kate. I've had enough of them ruining other people's important events. They should be able to put their crap aside for one day.

• Love 3

I'm afraid the promo folk felt that title needed nothing like it needed a good twist. I'm glad there's no bullshit. I mean, Jack's always welcome, but spare me any at-the-altar revelation. Toe tags yes; cold feet no. 

Oh. I think Kate's going to bring the urn and the family -- including Miguel, Beth, the girls and Toby -- will spread his ashes at the cabin. Last image of the season. 

1 hour ago, Pallas said:

Oh. I think Kate's going to bring the urn and the family -- including Miguel, Beth, the girls and Toby -- will spread his ashes at the cabin. Last image of the season. 

Because every good wedding should have an ash-spreading ritual.  Maybe the Pilgrim Rick hat will also make an appearance. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

TBH, I don't want either of them to have anything else going on besides supporting Kate. I've had enough of them ruining other people's important events. They should be able to put their crap aside for one day.

I know that's typical Pearson, but getting something individual doesn't mean they're not prioritizing Kate. That's what they absolutely should do. But every now and then even the Pearsons can actually be genuinely there for each other. Like in the 2nd to last episode of season 1. They had the fun-eral for William and everybody was there. Kevin had his 2nd opening night and everybody supported him in that. Randall comforted a crying Kate. Kate opened up to Toby. Randall and Rebecca cleared things up. Everybody got something in this episode and since tonight is the season finale it's what I want from this episode as well.

3 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Considering the ep is called The Wedding, a teaser that there may be a wedding is kind of silly.  

I've always thought that if a show teaser says, for example "tune in for Kelly & Brandon's wedding, on 'Beverly Hills, 90201'", they won't get married. However, if the teaser says "watch Monica & Chandler get married", then they'll actually get married. I'm not feeling good about Kate becoming a Mrs. tonight, anyway.

3 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Because every good wedding should have an ash-spreading ritual.  

Hee! But call me ghoulish: I think it's been ghoulish and worse of Kate to display, dress and date her father's ashes for the last twenty years. Her family, her husband-to-be and her memory of her father deserve better; most of all, Kate does. Freeing Jack's ashes at a place he shared with his family -- a home where they still can gather -- would be a meaningful way to say L'Chaim. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Pallas said:

Hee! But call me ghoulish: I think it's been ghoulish and worse of Kate to display, dress and date her father's ashes for the last twenty years. Her family, her husband-to-be and her memory of her father deserve better; most of all, Kate does. Freeing Jack's ashes at a place he shared with his family -- a home where they still can gather -- would be a meaningful way to say L'Chaim. 

100% agree, everybody's different but it doesn't seem super healthy to me how she sits and watches football with the urn like that.  I just don't know about mixing it with a wedding, though, but I know people often have little memorials to their absent loved ones at weddings and I think that's fine.  I was just being cheeky. 

• Love 2

Poor Rebecca, worrying about what to wear to the wedding not to upset Kate. And that baggy, large sweater they had her wear. Please ditch those next season.  I personally didn't like the 40th vow fantasy they showed in the beginning but maybe others will. I think it should be just Kate and Toby and maybe her imagining her Dad there but not another ceremony.

Will miss it until the Fall but I hope 3rd year is more like the first.

As for the speculation about the flash-forward with Adult Tess and Randall referring to "her" I don't think it'll be about Deja being in prison after having done something terrible to the family. Tess chose to become a child services social worker, so in some way the whole experience with Deja must have had a positive impact on her. Sure, I expect there to be fallout from Deja smashing the car, but I think she's grieving her mother's abandonment and will eventually, with the help of therapy and the Pearsons' unconditional love, find happiness with her new family. Deja is a good kid at heart.

• Love 5

I agree.  I also tend to think Beth is a bit too obvious.  I really am quite concerned for little Annie.  Or, maybe they are going for the most obvious and it will be Deja, and because of how badly things turned out for her, Tess goes into social work to fix the system that could break a good kid at heart (as you suggest, and I concur) like Deja. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, pennben said:

I agree.  I also tend to think Beth is a bit too obvious.  I really am quite concerned for little Annie.  Or, maybe they are going for the most obvious and it will be Deja, and because of how badly things turned out for her, Tess goes into social work to fix the system that could break a good kid at heart (as you suggest, and I concur) like Deja. 

I think Deja is too much of a stereotype to have it be her. The poor, black, foster child, causing havoc and ending up in jail like her mother. I think THI will do better than that. They haven't mentioned Annie much, but I hope it's not her, who wants to see a kid now, you know is dead later.  Beth seems the most expendable but time will tell.  I don't really like the future scenes, I prefer to stay in the present and flashbacks. 

• Love 3

We don't see much of the kids, so we don't know what they're like.  "Her" can be anyone, including Annie, Beth, Rebecca (are the kids close to their grandmother?) and Kate (not sure if they're that close).  It could even be Zoe (there could be a reason why they introduced her on the show and WHY they're going to put her with Kevin.  And if that's the case, then she becomes an OFFICIAL Aunt Zoe).  

ETA:  I just thought of something:  "Her" could be Annie, but she's not dead, but in jail.  Tess is the good girl who ends up in social work, but Annie?  Well, despite her privilege...

Edited by PRgal
  • Love 1

I'm leaning toward "Her" referring to Rebecca.  I'm not sure of the fast forward timeline, but I guess it's 15-20 years from now.  Rebecca will be around 80-85, so I could see her being ill.  I really hope it's not Beth, Kate, Zoe and especially Annie.  They've already dealt with the early death of Jack, and dealt with William's death.  Another possibility is Rebecca's mother, who didn't appear to be at Kate and Toby's wedding.  

• Love 1

So, here's a post-finale interview and some talk about season three. Some highlights:

• Melanie Liburd is going to be a series regular, which is no surprise from me. 
  • Melanie and Justin actually did a chemistry test for their characters, which was smart. We didn't really see them interact in the finale, so the fact that they did do a chemistry test is a smart idea for how things will go next season
  • The 20-year flash forward may not be explored every episode next season, but it'll be explored semi-regularly. So we'll probably see it every other episode or so
  • They also have confirmed that we'll see more of Beth and Zoe's family interacting with Kevin and Randall
  • Love 3

So, basically, it sounds like Randall and Beth are going to shrug their shoulders and go "Foster kid problems" and go right back into the process of making Deja a Pearson? Okay.

Also...they're totally ripping off Titanic for when Rebecca dies, right? One of the speculation theories is that she's dying by the 2030's (which makes sense being that she should be pushing 90 in 20 years) and the family is trying to deal with that. If/when she does go, she's so meeting Jack in heaven. My guess is that instead of a ballroom, it will be a nightclub where she's once again young and gorgeous, and everyone cheers her on as she and dashing young Jack meet and kiss in heaven.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Sammich said:

I'm leaning toward "Her" referring to Rebecca.  I'm not sure of the fast forward timeline, but I guess it's 15-20 years from now.  Rebecca will be around 80-85, so I could see her being ill.  I really hope it's not Beth, Kate, Zoe and especially Annie.  They've already dealt with the early death of Jack, and dealt with William's death.  Another possibility is Rebecca's mother, who didn't appear to be at Kate and Toby's wedding.  

Is  Rebecca's father living? She mentioned a sister once also. Does she have children? A lot of the tree left with questions. ; )

35 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

So, basically, it sounds like Randall and Beth are going to shrug their shoulders and go "Foster kid problems" and go right back into the process of making Deja a Pearson? Okay.

Also...they're totally ripping off Titanic for when Rebecca dies, right? One of the speculation theories is that she's dying by the 2030's (which makes sense being that she should be pushing 90 in 20 years) and the family is trying to deal with that. If/when she does go, she's so meeting Jack in heaven. My guess is that instead of a ballroom, it will be a nightclub where she's once again young and gorgeous, and everyone cheers her on as she and dashing young Jack meet and kiss in heaven.

I can see that but "gag" lol  Leave it to the first "Jack" and the ocean.  There are supposedly no marriages or "couples" in heaven, I thought the Christian Bible was nice to clear that up and we don't have to have bad feelings about relationships, everyone is just happy souls. 

I just feel that Miguel deserves some nice scripts where he and Rebecca are a regular couple and I'm glad to see them having fun at the wedding.  I have a feeling Jack would have loved Rebecca and moved on in time if she died, I just never could wrap myself around the kids or Kate doing it for 20 years. That is a long time. Too long to have a toast like Kevin made at the wedding. Honor him, but don't go on for 10 minutes about your dad, it's their wedding, it's about them.

• Love 4

Referring to 'here. It may not be jail or death. Im speculating a nursing or convalescent home. It's gotta be either Beth, Annie, or Deja.  I can't Tess being apprehensive seeing her sick grandmother. If Becca raised them I could see that. Her being like a second mom. But Becca was more of the part time spoil the girls grandmother. Same with Kate and Zoe.  

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Little Kevin already looks pissed off. LOL

He's already got that admiring but jealous thing started over just how gorgeous little Randall is. Little  Kate was happy! 

That picture and SueB's recap will keep me going over the summer.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Kirkydee said:

Referring to 'here. It may not be jail or death. Im speculating a nursing or convalescent home. It's gotta be either Beth, Annie, or Deja.  I can't Tess being apprehensive seeing her sick grandmother. If Becca raised them I could see that. Her being like a second mom. But Becca was more of the part time spoil the girls grandmother. Same with Kate and Zoe.  

Maybe it involves both Deja and either Annie or Beth.  Knowing that Deja has issues (see wrecking the Pearsons' car), perhaps Deja did something to either Beth or Annie?  And one of them is in a home/in care? 

• Love 1
On 3/14/2018 at 5:41 AM, debraran said:

I think Deja is too much of a stereotype to have it be her. The poor, black, foster child, causing havoc and ending up in jail like her mother. I think THI will do better than that.

This. I can't even imagine the writers going in the direction of "they tried to help a foster kid who needed a home, but it bit them in the ass horribly, because she was too messed up to be helped." This doesn't seem like that kind of show.

I won't be surprised if the writing of future episodes manipulates us further into thinking Deja's in trouble - and then we find out she's the neurologist who's helping Beth deal with MS symptoms, or something to that effect.

• Love 2

I will have more sympathy for Tess and Randall not being ready to forgive someone who did something horrible than I will have for them if they just aren’t ready to see a sick/dying loved one.  Yes, it is hard to see someone suffer, but it isn’t about you.  That flash-forward has the potential to annoy me tremendously.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

That flash-forward has the potential to annoy me tremendously.

It already annoyed me because in order to make it a surprise of who and what they were talking about the conversation sounded in no way how people would normally talk.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, PRgal said:

Maybe it involves both Deja and either Annie or Beth.  Knowing that Deja has issues (see wrecking the Pearsons' car), perhaps Deja did something to either Beth or Annie?  And one of them is in a home/in care? 

We're all just guessing of course, but I wonder if Tess would be drawn to social work with foster children if Deja did something dire to her sister or mother that left them disabled?  I feel like it's going to be more illness than violence-related.  They've done cancer and heart attack, maybe it will be something neuromuscular or as others have said, Alzheimer's.  Whatever it is I hope they do not draw out the mystery as they did with how did Jack die. 

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, ShadowFacts said:

We're all just guessing of course, but I wonder if Tess would be drawn to social work with foster children if Deja did something dire to her sister or mother that left them disabled?  I feel like it's going to be more illness than violence-related.  They've done cancer and heart attack, maybe it will be something neuromuscular or as others have said, Alzheimer's.  Whatever it is I hope they do not draw out the mystery as they did with how did Jack die. 

I agree with you, but even if they do, I don't care enough to be drawn in. It is what it is. I don't like feeling manipulated. If someone is sick, it will be far in the future and I hope we have less of that vs present and past.

• Love 2

My money is on "her" in the finale being Annie. She's the ever-forgotten little girl, angelic-looking and -behaving. Tess was the one who ran away and Deja is the one with issues that Randall is very preoccupied with. When Randall and Beth were playing their "worst scenario" game, Annie's name didn't even come up as a possibility.

I'm unspoiled, so this is pure speculation: Randall and Beth adopt Deja. They focus on her, and Tess and Deja grow close (to the point where Deja inspires Tess's future career). Annie becomes the middle child and starts to become a problem child for attention. Drugs, misdemeanors, alcohol abuse. Then she commits a felony and is sent to prison. The crime somehow impacted Tess to the point of not wanting to see Annie. My guess? Annie deliberately hurt Deja (or worse).

In this scenario, Randall/Beth symbolically become the new Jack/Rebecca if only in how both couples neglected their two children after adopting a third.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, CleoCaesar said:

My money is on "her" in the finale being Annie. She's the ever-forgotten little girl, angelic-looking and -behaving. Tess was the one who ran away and Deja is the one with issues that Randall is very preoccupied with. When Randall and Beth were playing their "worst scenario" game, Annie's name didn't even come up as a possibility.

I'm unspoiled, so this is pure speculation: Randall and Beth adopt Deja. They focus on her, and Tess and Deja grow close (to the point where Deja inspires Tess's future career). Annie becomes the middle child and starts to become a problem child for attention. Drugs, misdemeanors, alcohol abuse. Then she commits a felony and is sent to prison. The crime somehow impacted Tess to the point of not wanting to see Annie. My guess? Annie deliberately hurt Deja (or worse).

In this scenario, Randall/Beth symbolically become the new Jack/Rebecca if only in how both couples neglected their two children after adopting a third.

Annie is the Kevin of Randall's kids.  

• Love 6
20 hours ago, CleoCaesar said:

Annie becomes the middle child and starts to become a problem child for attention. Drugs, misdemeanors, alcohol abuse. Then she commits a felony and is sent to prison.

Interesting, but realistically the show will not be on long enough for us to see the above scenario play out on screen. And it would be really dark, depressing, and awful IMO to see it play out via a few brief flash-forwards scattered here and there. This whole concept reminds me of reading a good book that ends in a satisfying way but then has a horrible epilogue tacked on (and I've read a few of those). Ugh. I hate the flash-forwards.

Edited by kassandra8286
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kassandra8286 said:

Interesting, but realistically the show will not be on long enough for us to see the above scenario play out on screen.

I think they could pull it off, but only if they cast an older teen Annie and a 20-something Annie and use the flash-forwards (which I like) wisely/sparingly. Downsides to this are that there are already a lot of versions of these characters at different ages, and the current Annie is too cute not to use more.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, CleoCaesar said:

I think they could pull it off, but only if they cast an older teen Annie and a 20-something Annie and use the flash-forwards (which I like) wisely/sparingly. Downsides to this are that there are already a lot of versions of these characters at different ages, and the current Annie is too cute not to use more.

They might only cast a 20-something Annie and age her down for (late) teen Annie.  A lot of 20-something actors are playing teens, anyway. 

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

Wasn’t Nicky kind of nerdy looking with the glasses in the pictures we saw of him?

I actually thought he looked very handsome with chiseled features. The guy that was cast to play him, not so much.

• Love 1