Type keyword(s) to search

This Is Our Spoiler and Speculation Topic

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't even know what Kevin's story will be next season, though, besides helping with baby Jack. I'd like to see him really work at coping with his addiction, since I don't think he should be getting into another relationship before he helps himself. 

I'd like to see him throw himself back into work. He seems to have lost the momentum that would have come with the Ron Howard movie he did where his performance was supposed to be so great (like how after Girls Trip was a big hit, Tiffany Haddish was EVERYWHERE) so I'd like to see him really dive into building his film career now that he's back in LA.

Sterling K. Brown tweeted a picture of him & Susan Kelechi Watson and "And they lived happily ever after," so they stay married. There was some speculation on the episode board that them showing Beth's rings was a fake-out and she could be married to someone else but that doesn't appear to be the case.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Sterling K. Brown tweeted a picture of him & Susan Kelechi Watson and "And they lived happily ever after," so they stay married. There was some speculation on the episode board that them showing Beth's rings was a fake-out and she could be married to someone else but that doesn't appear to be the case.

In the aftershow Sterling and Susan were with a writer, and they were laughing to the camera, “We told you we weren’t going to break up, but you wouldn’t believe us!”  The writer responded, “Randall and Beth aren’t going anywhere.”

• Love 6
(edited)

Putting my speculation here since I mention what I think is a spoiler. In the other speculation thread, kevinKid's mother is being speculated about and here's my 2 cents.

I'm not ruling out Zoe being kevinKid's mom for a couple of reasons:

• Melanie Liburd tweeted she enjoys playing Zoe and is excited about doing appearances next season
  • When is a character making appearances when they aren't tied to a Pearson, not a Pearson by marriage but a PEARSON LOL? Though I would love more Zoe/Beth stuff
  • Mel is biracial (white mother) so Zoe could be as well
  • kevinKid looks white and speculations on who his mother is have all been white women
  • Victoria Rowell has a biological daughter who looks white
  • It is totally realistic that kevinKid inherited his black/biracial mother's recessive genes (see Victoria Rowell & daughter)
  • This Is Us loves their "shocking" moments
  • How shocking will it be to discover kevinKid's mother is black/not white
  • How shocking for Zoe to be mom when the last we saw Zoe and Kevin parted ways over the issue of kids

I'm not getting my hopes up for a Zoe/Kevin reunion and endgame but a girl can speculate and 

tenor.gif

even if it's only for a little bit 🙂

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 5

I don't know who lil Kev's mother is, but I think Kevin is a single father.  Randall asked him where his dad was, not his mom and dad.

I am spitballing that Annie has taken after Beth and is a dancer in some company in another city or on the road, and is coming in to see grandma soon. Deja has followed Randall into activism/politics, and is a lawyer in D.C. or somewhere, also coming home soon. Kate became a respected teacher and vocal coach, she may be based in NYC. I think Miguel passed on awhile ago and Nicky has become a dear part of the family, family he never had once Jack tossed him aside.

• Love 5

In an interview with Glamour, Mandy Moore firmly shot down the theory that her character has Alzheimer's. "I love how people are sleuths," the actress said. "I love that! That's a good theory. Not true, but I like it."Here's what Moore herself has to say about everything that goes down for her character in the season three finale. "I think people will have some questions pertaining to the 'her' storyline answered, but there will be other questions posed that you do not see coming," the actress explained to Glamour. Moore also said that what happens to Rebecca ultimately "makes sense." The sad news is, Moore also let us know in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that we're probably looking at the last few weeks of Rebecca's life in the utterly heartbreaking flash-forward moment.

Any ideas? I'm thinking neurological disease, MS, something like that.

• Love 1
On 4/5/2019 at 8:03 AM, GodsBeloved said:

I'm not ruling out Zoe being kevinKid's mom for a couple of reasons:

I would hate for this to happen. Very very rarely do we get to see childfree black women on our screen (and when we do they are post menopausal and never as pretty or sophisticated as Zoe). I would like the writers to have Zoe stay childfree just for the representation- I think it’s important. Not every woman wants kids, nor does every childfree woman get convinced by a hot guy (not denying Justin Hartley is smoking). 

• Love 8

I thought I read an interview in which a writer said they wanted a story in which a strong woman did not want children.  I would hate to see Zoe change her mind after having very firm and valid reasons for her decision (plus we already saw that with Rebecca).  I wanted kids and have them, but I like seeing other women make a different choice and NOT be demonized for it.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Crs97 said:

I thought I read an interview in which a writer said they wanted a story in which a strong woman did not want children.  I would hate to see Zoe change her mind after having very firm and valid reasons for her decision (plus we already saw that with Rebecca).  I wanted kids and have them, but I like seeing other women make a different choice and NOT be demonized for it.

Curious, is Zoe being demonized for her choice?

Not yet, but we’ve only gotten to the “you’ll change your mind” stage.  I always felt an undercurrent in the online Rebecca hate was the fact that she didn’t want kids to begin with so of course she is making a ton of mistakes as a mom.

In real life I have many friends who are childless by choice, and I have had many people assume that since I have children I will agree my childless friends are being selfish.  I want Zoe not to change her mind and to be happy with her decision.

• Love 4

Zoe may or may not be the biological mother, but it does not mean that she and Kevin will never end up together. The child is young but not a toddler. If there is a biological mother in the photo, Zoe may be willing to be part of Kevin's life (assuming Kevin would still want that).

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Not yet, but we’ve only gotten to the “you’ll change your mind” stage.  I always felt an undercurrent in the online Rebecca hate was the fact that she didn’t want kids to begin with so of course she is making a ton of mistakes as a mom.

In real life I have many friends who are childless by choice, and I have had many people assume that since I have children I will agree my childless friends are being selfish.  I want Zoe not to change her mind and to be happy with her decision.

Isn't it funny how people will insist others have children or how many when they never would with less important things, "You have to paint this room yellow".  But the same people will point out all the time, who shouldn't have had kids when they don't like their parenting style or think they are abusive.  Many wonderful people just don't want to be parents, aren't worried about loneliness later in life (not that all kids are close to parents in proximity or emotions) and sometimes give of themselves in other ways.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, debraran said:

Isn't it funny how people will insist others have children or how many when they never would with less important things, "You have to paint this room yellow".  But the same people will point out all the time, who shouldn't have had kids when they don't like their parenting style or think they are abusive.  Many wonderful people just don't want to be parents, aren't worried about loneliness later in life (not that all kids are close to parents in proximity or emotions) and sometimes give of themselves in other ways.

I actually hate those who tell others, especially women, that not having kids is perfectly fine - especially when they WANT to have kids and are struggling with infertility (or already know that they can't physically and are waiting to adopt.  Then there's the whole "well, I adopted my son/daughter and we only waited a few months."  That ALWAYS came from older women with kids who're at least in their 30s.  Things were A LOT quicker before the 90s, ma'am).  

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Crs97 said:

Thanks interesting. I never felt she was hated for not wanting kids. I thought/think her biggest problem was she was the "discipline" parent instead of the "fun" parent like St Jack.

I wonder if they will ever address Rebecca's change of mind. If I'm remembering correctly, she reiterated not wanting kids and the next thing we see is her and Jack in the bathroom making babies. I wonder if she wanted to abort them/changed her mind or simply changed it once she found out she was pregnant.

• Love 1
On 4/3/2019 at 1:15 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Heh! I'm not surprised Zoe was shown the door, but she'll probably pop in once in a while. She IS still family. Honestly, I'm just hoping that means we get single Kevin for the entirety of next season. I don't even know what Kevin's story will be next season, though, besides helping with baby Jack. I'd like to see him really work at coping with his addiction, since I don't think he should be getting into another relationship before he helps himself. 

This is true. Also the actor is so hot but he seems to have a hard time generating chemistry with his leading ladies. He finally had some good sparks with Zoe and of course they break up.

On 4/7/2019 at 7:43 PM, Crs97 said:

On 4/8/2019 at 5:25 AM, debraran said:

In 2019 some people are still threatened by the fact that some women might actually not want to spend their lives nurturing and caring for other people. It is had just been a given that women will take care of everyone else that most people have taken it for granted for generations. They totally overlook that now a days women often also have to be financial providers as well as take on all the traditional duties of being a mother. I have no problem with women saying no thanks to motherhood.

• Love 4

Justin said in one of his many interviews for his next movie, that there was a reason why Kevin wasn't shown. His travels to get where he is (he did note trophies etc in hallway) were not a smooth road.  How did it change him, what happened? He said, "there is a reason he isn't shown yet" Made me wonder, he must be okay enough to go out and get food, have a kid, etc but did he change physically in some way?  Guess we will have to wait and see.

Justin has the most trouble keeping quiet, he was pretty good overall, but in the past would tell lies just to say something. Mandy said no Alzheimer's and then was told it seems to not say that either. It doesn't really matter, like what killed Jack, but Fogleman likes the speculation because it helps keep interest over the break.

I'm glad Nicky is back and Kevin is okay and sober and the trip to that will be a good ride for me. The other stuff, not as much.

Edited by debraran
corrected name

I think Kate does die.

Tobey says they're no longer married in the interview but I also don't think the writers give them too much information beforehand. He could think that the they on the way is Kate and Jack and the writers just let him think that.

Wasn't there a flash forward to Tobey being completely depressed and in an awful state?

3 hours ago, MrsPatrickBateman said:

I think Kate does die.

Tobey says they're no longer married in the interview but I also don't think the writers give them too much information beforehand. He could think that the they on the way is Kate and Jack and the writers just let him think that.

Wasn't there a flash forward to Tobey being completely depressed and in an awful state?

It depends what they want I think. One night I remember looking up TIU interviews, and although most sounding the same, they did say Fogleman would tell them what they wanted to know. Some wanted to know more. Mandy knew how the whole timeline went, but Kate made it sound like she was clueless.  Justin said he was "curious" in one interview, another, he knew. What I think they don't know is how exactly it happens. They need to have a little leeway to change things.

I wonder if Kevin gets into an accident from drinking. We know he has money and some awards in hallway, but was it one good movie or a series of shows and he felt his absence was significant. Not that he gets hurt then, but why did they not show a picture or him coming in. I just assumed they didn't want to age too many of them, leave that until later.  I'm sure he'll still be handsome and able to take care of his mom and son, but he hit bottom again. I will love to see how Nicky came back into his life and if his empathy helps both of them.

Edited by debraran
7 hours ago, MrsPatrickBateman said:

I think Kate does die.

That flashforward was shown in the Toby episode. They skimmed through it real fast.

Chris Sullivan blatantly confirms in an interview that Kate and Toby are divorced, and Jack Junior is coming to the house with Kate. He doesn't dance around any of that; he outright states it. Again, for reasons I'm still confused about. Why would he confirm such a big spoiler? But even if it's not true, why would they have Chris blatantly lie? It's one thing to dance around the question; it's another to say word-for-word "Kate and Toby are divorced."

• Love 6

Didn’t Toby state in the season finale that he just spoke with Jack and he and Kate should be there later, or did I imagine that?

Yes, the impression I got was that they were not together anymore, but Kate was still alive.

12 hours ago, Enigma X said:

Didn’t Toby state in the season finale that he just spoke with Jack and he and Kate should be there later, or did I imagine that?

Yes, the impression I got was that they were not together anymore, but Kate was still alive.

He didn't call Kate's name specifically. He said something like "I spoke to Jack and they are on their way".

• Love 1
3 hours ago, GodsBeloved said:

He didn't call Kate's name specifically. He said something like "I spoke to Jack and they are on their way".

Yes, and if Jack isn't with Toby but he's on his way with 'they', that is probably Kate, but could be someone else. They're being cagey. Randall or someone not mentioning Kate's name at all is odd if she is still alive, but not really suggestive of anything in particular. Writers want us to wonder and speculate.

2 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

Yes, and if Jack isn't with Toby but he's on his way with 'they', that is probably Kate, but could be someone else. They're being cagey. Randall or someone not mentioning Kate's name at all is odd if she is still alive, but not really suggestive of anything in particular. Writers want us to wonder and speculate.

Or Jack is with Annie (or Deja).  Or, perhaps, Toby has issues with Kate and Kate has full custody of Jack.

13 hours ago, GodsBeloved said:

In the episode thread, a poster suggested that "they" could possibly refer to a solo, non-binary Jack. 

Edited by Dejana
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Dejana said:

In the episode thread, a poster suggested that "they" could possibly refer to a solo, non-binary Jack. 

While 15 year olds can get to and from places on their own, most rely on public transportation (okay, we don't know how common automated driving will be in 15 years and if a 15 year olds would typically even have one to themselves).  I feel like Kevin's place might be in an isolated area.  

On 4/19/2019 at 9:40 AM, PRgal said:

While 15 year olds can get to and from places on their own, most rely on public transportation (okay, we don't know how common automated driving will be in 15 years and if a 15 year olds would typically even have one to themselves).  I feel like Kevin's place might be in an isolated area.  

Even now, some parents let their teenagers use Uber or similar services. Still, I agree it's most likely that Jack is traveling with one or more other people.

On 4/8/2019 at 6:48 AM, GodsBeloved said:

Thanks interesting. I never felt she was hated for not wanting kids. I thought/think her biggest problem was she was the "discipline" parent instead of the "fun" parent like St Jack.

I wonder if they will ever address Rebecca's change of mind. If I'm remembering correctly, she reiterated not wanting kids and the next thing we see is her and Jack in the bathroom making babies. I wonder if she wanted to abort them/changed her mind or simply changed it once she found out she was pregnant.

Knowing how much Jack wants a family, and how much Rebecca loves Jack, do you honestly think she would ever consider abortion? I think she would just accept it as "meant to be." 

I'm just throwing this out here as PURE speculation- but for the upcoming season we will probably meet whomever the Mother of Kevin's kid is- I'm assuming they will try and cast someone who is a "name" for the role. I was just on Instagram and Jennifer Morrison whose pilot was not picked up- just posted that she is binge watching the show to catch up. And then I thought to myself- OMG- she'd be perfect casting to potentially play Kevin's love interest and the Mother of his kid.

I just wanted to put it out there- because it's in my head and if it proves true- I want to have at least put it somewhere. HAHA. 

• Love 6
On 6/8/2019 at 6:28 PM, SiobhanJW said:

I'm just throwing this out here as PURE speculation- but for the upcoming season we will probably meet whomever the Mother of Kevin's kid is- I'm assuming they will try and cast someone who is a "name" for the role. I was just on Instagram and Jennifer Morrison whose pilot was not picked up- just posted that she is binge watching the show to catch up. And then I thought to myself- OMG- she'd be perfect casting to potentially play Kevin's love interest and the Mother of his kid.

I just wanted to put it out there- because it's in my head and if it proves true- I want to have at least put it somewhere. HAHA. 

That was exactly my speculation when I saw that she was joining the show for a “major recurring role.”

• Love 1

So, from the new trailer for season 4, we do get an idea of who Jennifer Morrison's character will be. It seems season 4 will be focusing more on the military aspect. We also get a whole slew of characters, so that's going to be crowded. Ten bucks says that Kevin and Kate's stories get shafted for these new characters once again. 

The best deductions that I can make:

1. Omar Epps will be in the past. I believe the children his character is sitting in front of in one of the shots is of the Big Three in pre-school (we know they will be focusing on the Big Three's pre-school years)
  2. Jennifer Morrison and Nick Wechsler's characters know each other; they are probably love interests or friends. It's unclear what time period they're in (unless someone knows if Jennifer Morrison's character's military outfit is modern or not). It does look like Jennifer Morrison will mostly be on her own, at least for her first episode. I could actually see her character being from the flash forwards, if they really wanted to trick us. I don't see how her character could be in the present since none of our characters are in the military and I don't see Kevin joining the army this quickly
  3. We do get a shot of an older boy walking a dog in an apartment, with musical instruments lying around. I already saw someone speculating that this was Future Jack Pearson-Damon.

That's about all I got. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Jennifer Morrison and Nick Wechsler's characters know each other; they are probably love interests or friends. It's unclear what time period they're in (unless someone knows if Jennifer Morrison's character's military outfit is modern or not). It does look like Jennifer Morrison will mostly be on her own, at least for her first episode. I could actually see her character being from the flash forwards, if they really wanted to trick us. I don't see how her character could be in the present since none of our characters are in the military and I don't see Kevin joining the army this quickly

Seeing Jennifer Morrison as a brunette again and the uncanny facial resemblance between her and Chrissy Metz, I maintain my theory that Jennifer is playing an alternate-universe version of Kate. Perhaps this is a version of Kate that, instead of emotionally spiraling and gaining a ton of weight after Jack's death, channels her grief into following her father's footsteps and serving her country.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

Seeing Jennifer Morrison as a brunette again and the uncanny facial resemblance between her and Chrissy Metz, I maintain my theory that Jennifer is playing an alternate-universe version of Kate. Perhaps this is a version of Kate that, instead of emotionally spiraling and gaining a ton of weight after Jack's death, channels her grief into following her father's footsteps and serving her country.

I could see that, but.....I think I would hate it. We have past, present, AND future already. I would actually HATE if there are flash sideways next. No alternate reality storylines, please. If we didn't have three/four/five different time periods already, I MIGHT be ok with it, but as we know she's a major recurring character? No, thank you. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I could see that, but.....I think I would hate it. We have past, present, AND future already. I would actually HATE if there are flash sideways next. No alternate reality storylines, please. If we didn't have three/four/five different time periods already, I MIGHT be ok with it, but as we know she's a major recurring character? No, thank you. 

Maybe she's a cousin. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, PRgal said:

Maybe she's a cousin. 

It very well could be.

I also realize that I'm totally wrong about Omar Epps' character. I thought the shot of the pre-school Big Three was in the same room as the scene with Omar Epps at the dinner table, but it totally isn't.

On 8/31/2019 at 1:27 PM, Lady Calypso said:

So, from the new trailer for season 4, we do get an idea of who Jennifer Morrison's character will be. It seems season 4 will be focusing more on the military aspect. We also get a whole slew of characters, so that's going to be crowded. Ten bucks says that Kevin and Kate's stories get shafted for these new characters once again. 

The best deductions that I can make:

Jennifer Morrison and Nick Wechsler's characters know each other; they are probably love interests or friends. It's unclear what time period they're in (unless someone knows if Jennifer Morrison's character's military outfit is modern or not). It does look like Jennifer Morrison will mostly be on her own, at least for her first episode. I could actually see her character being from the flash forwards, if they really wanted to trick us. I don't see how her character could be in the present since none of our characters are in the military and I don't see Kevin joining the army this quickly

I don't know much about uniforms, but the little snippet of the party ~35 seconds in looks like modern day. At 56 seconds, it looks like she might be deployed, maybe in a middle eastern country.

OOH

Maybe it's the future and she is Tess's girlfriend/wife?

• Love 2

I've been away from this for so long I barely remember where we left off, and I never get much out of the season preview things that I'm right about.  As to Jennifer Morrison and the military, maybe Kevin meets her in relation to reconnecting with Nicky and she's involved in some way with veterans outreach.  Or if the show wants to swing for the fences (and be trope-alicious) somebody might have done Ancestry.com and she's the newest Pearson. 

1 hour ago, ShadowFacts said:

As to Jennifer Morrison and the military, maybe Kevin meets her in relation to reconnecting with Nicky and she's involved in some way with veterans outreach. 

This would be my guess. Obviously Nicky is reconnected with the family in the flash forward, and looking pretty healthy. Something has to (help) get him there.

On 8/31/2019 at 1:46 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I would actually HATE if there are flash sideways next. No alternate reality storylines, please.

Agreed. And as much as I agree that Jennifer and Chrissy have a real resemblance (facially) it would be kind of insulting? cringeworthy? for Chrissy. "See how (good) you could look if only..."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, chitowngirl said:

If they do alternative universe-I’m out.

I think my issue is that, although the idea of AUs are fun, it can't work when there are three bazillion other timelines they're working with. It makes things way too complicated. The show can already be complicated enough when they do the jumping back and forth. If they didn't have future scenes, MAYBE it could work? But it would only be good for a one episode type thing. 

So I agree. I couldn't take a multi-episode alternate universe plot. 

• Love 5
On 9/6/2019 at 2:47 AM, methodwriter85 said:

Yo, I just had a crazy thought- what if Nick is playing "Kyle"? If we're talking an alternative universe. Maybe this is one where Kevin died instead of Kyle.

And destroy my “Kyle was Kevin’s identical twin” theory?! 

All kidding aside, I feel like if they did do alternate universes (which I don’t think they will unless it’s a one-off), they’d probably go with all three triplets lived, so they never adopted Randall.

• Love 1

You lose too much of the story if you do that and already, they are filling in so much with other characters. It gives the others a break I guess, but is it really needed? I think if I came in late, I'd think I had the wrong show tonight. I'm not vested in these characters and miss the cast. The poor kid with rich girl is done so much it can't be too original.

I'm hoping for some Kevin and Kate next week and Nicky! ; )

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Runningwild said:

Who are these people?

TIU wanted a different thing this season, bringing in new people that will touch the lives of the ones there already. So much to fill in though. We have to get to know so many. The woman in the army will probably touch Nicky but I feel this is filler. I hope I change my mind.

• Love 2