Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation: This Is Us

• Start Topic

The commercials they keep showing during the Olympics are making this look truly awful. I mean boring as shit. It's got some diversity going for it and the commercials are illustrating that, but those commercials are doing it no favors otherwise.

• Love 2
On 8/8/2016 at 10:00 AM, Aloeonatable said:

I really am looking forward to this. I like that it isn't a police procedural, medical drama, super hero, anti-hero, or fantasy show, but a warm hearted family dramedy. That, to me, is not boring. 

Oh I realize the reality may be very different from those commercials. But they're lousy commercials.  Whoever made them doesn't seem to understand that the sobby/emo moments don't play in 25 seconds--you lose any context and it just seems boring as heck.  You can only play up the comedy or there's little compelling about spots like this.

I'll be perfectly honest here; when I first heard about the show, I wasn't really that impressed. Even watching the first trailer, I was mostly "meh" about the entire thing, mostly because it seemed to have no plot.

However, as time has gone on and I've heard nothing but good things about the show, I'm getting more and more excited to watch. Plus, doing a rewatch of Gilmore Girls and having been a fan of Parenthood makes me excited for the premise. It seems like exactly my type of show. We'll see how I feel by episode 4, but a couple of the reviews have been hopeful, at the very least. 

I like that it isn't a police procedural, medical drama, super hero, anti-hero, or fantasy show, but a warm hearted family dramedy.

Same here! I haven't been excited to see a new show since I can't remember when, so am very much looking forward to it. I hope it doesn't disappoint but right now I'm willing to give it a try.