Type keyword(s) to search

To Recast or To Not: That is The Question!

• Start Topic

bananna ..I am trying to find out the name of the actor who played Marcello on GH at the end of last year...he was on 1` day and was Leslie webbers date to Laura and kevins wedding...other people were asking who he was....GH was prempted today because of the youtube shooting..ABC said todays episode will be on at 2:08 am tonight

56 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Most of those suggestions were silly. Forget too tall. Too blonde. Too old.

And, too known. I think for a recast they need to go with an unknown actor. 

What about Coltin Scott Stephen Martines? He's in DZ's age group, under six feet tall, the right ethnicity to be Sonny's son, has GH experience, and no one's going to say he's too talented to be wasted! 

No, I'm not serious. Just some nightmare fuel.  

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, jsbt said:

You do know he's a con artist, right?

Yeah. His notoriety was part of the humor, although even if he were an upstanding citizen, I wouldn't want him back. I thought his Nikolas was a dud.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 1

Why does the kid who played Little Adam/AJ look like creepy young Michael Shannon

I'm being mean - I think I spotted him in one of the last Insidious movies and he wasn't bad.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/28/2018 at 2:29 AM, ulkis said:
This picture only makes me think some more that Stephanie Gatschet (on the left) would have made a great Lulu recast.

I really liked Stephanie Gatschet the last year of ABC AMC, Madison and Daniel Cosgrove's Scott were super cute together.  I think I threw her name out as a possible Serena at some point.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Stephanie Gatschet was okay on AMC but I think she doesn't have the grit to really elevate Lulu. It would be an Emme Rylan situation all over again - talented/competent actress who's a bit too girly or marginal to make it bigger. I think they'd need a bigger soap name or Berman back, and I wasn't Berman's biggest fan by the end.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, jsbt said:

Stephanie Gatschet was okay on AMC but I think she doesn't have the grit to really elevate Lulu.

Yeah, I kinda felt like she/Madison/Madison and Scott kinda work best on a more B-level.  Then again, I feel like I'm rarely into the marquee characters/couples.

• Love 1

I miss Julie Marie Bergman as Lulu, especially how she was with Dante.  I can't imagine Emme Rylan trying to do the storyline where Lulu finds out Luke raped Laura or having her mental breakdown.  I also think that I would be able to stand this girl reporter crap a lot more with JMB in the role because she is able to bring more complexity to the character. I wish they could get her back.  Regardless, I do think it's time to recast Dante.  I don't think Lulu and Dante need to break up off screen, but it's also irritating having him referred to but never seeing him.  I wish DZ would come back as he was a terribly underused talent and I would like to see the writers utilize him more.  However, if he doesn't come back, recast him.

I wasn't watching during the whole "Michael goes to prison for killing Claudia" crap, but I recently caught clips from that time.  I was thinking about how all of that happened in 2009 when Joss was born. And now they are writing Joss like she is supposed to be 16 and she is significantly older than Spencer, but he was born before her and really is what got Jax and Carly together in the first place. I think Spencer is supposed to be around 13 now.  And Emma is also supposed to be older than Joss, but a year younger than Spencer making Emma 12.  And then Jake is supposed to be around 12? And Aiden is only like 6 months younger than Joss at 8-9? I think some recasting for kids is in order. I understand it is common for soaps to age the kids, but kids born within 6 months of each other should be SORASed similarly and not have 5+years between them. So here's what I think. I think Aiden is good, new Jake isn't bad, and Cameron is probably the best of all the kid actors. Also, since they are all actually pretty close to the age they are supposed to be, they can and should stay.  Really, the only one who needs to desperately be recast is Joss. I think she needs to go off to Australia to be with Jax after the death of Oscar and after a year or two, let her be recast as closer to her age and she can come back. I'd also suggest recasting Emma.  The little girl is cute but she is a really bad actress.  Also, if they could change how they write for Emma and Spencer, I'd be eternally grateful.  Precocious children only work if you have a true talent in the role.  That is not the case for either actor.  Either recast or change the writing.

• Love 2

No way will they ever make Joss younger. Nor should they— the show is extremely lacking in young characters who are old enough to have actual storylines. I’d prefer they skip the teen set and populate the 20-somethings instead, but better a teen than a precocious child. Spencer should definitely be aged— it’s weird and a little creepy to see him with Joss and/or Cam now, considering they were all in a love triangle just a few short years ago.  If Spencer and Emma both turned 20 tomorrow, it would resolve a lot of problems. 

• Love 3

JMB was so much better than ER in the role of Lulu. I just can't get past Rylan looking like she's 12 years old. I can't take her seriously. That said, I doubt they'll ever recast now since Dante needs to be dealt with. I've said it before but he was unique because he wasn't the usual 6 pack washboard ab actor in his age range. I can't think of any name actor being able to replace him so they would have to go with an unknown actor.

• Love 1

Maurice will throw a hissy fit if DZ is replaced.

On 8/24/2018 at 10:25 PM, ouinason said:

Yeesh, Jen Landon was good as Gwen, but I can't see her as Lulu at all.  

Dante needs a recast, because I am NOT watching Lulu and Chase, or Lulu and Peter happen.  NO.

23 hours ago, Hater said:

Maurice will throw a hissy fit if DZ is replaced.

I wish ABC will remember the dude is not God. (Look at the current ratings as proof.) Yeah, here to snark. What else can I do with over a foot of snow having fallen here? (Is it spring yet?)

• Love 5

I think NuSpencer is settling into the role at this point. I do think the storyline they used to re-introduce Spencer as an older teen was a smart one as well. I also think the way they're writing Spencer feels consistent with the snobby control freak Spencer was a kid, only as Nikolas put it, his schemes are not as cute anymore coming from a grown man as opposed to a little kid.

I think Cameron Mathison looks more like Steve Burton (and they're closer in age) and so far I'm liking what he's doing. He feels right. When Cameron is reined in and not trying to scarf down the scenery he's a pretty solid soap performer.

• Love 7

I'm withholding judgment on CM until I see more, but he's fine so far.  Agree that he resembles SBu more than Billy Miller did, and they're similar in age, so that's a plus.  I'm very curious to see him in scenes with KeMo.  She's so low-energy/low-charisma--let's see if she even tries with CM.

I definitely think Nicholas Chavez has settled into his role nicely. 

• Love 2
On 8/21/2021 at 11:56 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I think NuSpencer is settling into the role at this point. I do think the storyline they used to re-introduce Spencer as an older teen was a smart one as well. I also think the way they're writing Spencer feels consistent with the snobby control freak Spencer was a kid, only as Nikolas put it, his schemes are not as cute anymore coming from a grown man as opposed to a little kid.

I think Cameron Mathison looks more like Steve Burton (and they're closer in age) and so far I'm liking what he's doing. He feels right. When Cameron is reined in and not trying to scarf down the scenery he's a pretty solid soap performer.

Odd. I always thought that Burton & Miller looked a lot alike. Same coloring and same height. Although, Miller is 10 years younger (which I didn’t know). I need to see Mathison next to Burton because my impression is that Mathison towers over him. Maybe, I’m wrong about that. Anyway, Mathison looks great with his hair, beard & all bloody. LOL!!!! It will be interesting to see if he & KM have chemistry or if he’ll quickly paired with someone else. 

43153C61-04D7-40CF-8A7B-2253023870B4.jpeg

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1
On 8/21/2021 at 8:56 PM, methodwriter85 said:

Cameron was always good in a certain role on the AMC canvas - there's a reason he broke out in the first place. It's when Brian Frons and ABC tried to make Ryan Lavery all things to all people and the King of Pine Valley that things went south and beyond his natural ability, and I don't think that was ever his fault anymore than it was Rebecca Budig's when she and Greenlee were stretched beyond their breaking point as well (which resulted in her quitting the show after long periods of apathy multiple times).

I don't know if such a thinly-constructed character as Drew has always been can last long-term on GH, particularly without good writing, but Cameron has a fair amount of charm and good humor so they may as well give it a whirl. Cameron has never struck me as a guy with a huge ego, despite what Ryan was like in later years.

On 8/12/2018 at 2:21 PM, Ambrosefolly said:

Jennifer Landon was the only name soap actress that I felt could be a good Lulu, other than that, they needed to cast the net outside soap actress to find the Lulu replacement.

I absolutely think Jen Landon could work. He said, replying to a post from 3 years ago. Never mind.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
On 9/16/2021 at 4:16 PM, jsbt said:

Cameron was always good in a certain role on the AMC canvas - there's a reason he broke out in the first place. It's when Brian Frons and ABC tried to make Ryan Lavery all things to all people and the King of Pine Valley that things went south and beyond his natural ability, and I don't think that was ever his fault anymore than it was Rebecca Budig's when she and Greenlee were stretched beyond their breaking point as well (which resulted in her quitting the show after long periods of apathy multiple times).

I don't know if such a thinly-constructed character as Drew has always been can last long-term on GH, particularly without good writing, but Cameron has a fair amount of charm and good humor so they may as well give it a whirl. Cameron has never struck me as a guy with a huge ego, despite what Ryan was like in later years.

I absolutely think Jen Landon could work. He said, replying to a post from 3 years ago. Never mind.

I could definitely see Jen Landon if we're getting back to a feisty Lulu instead of the subdued Emme Rylan one. Or they could take a chance on a total unknown. Whoever cast Nicholas Chavez and Avery Pohl (though not a recast) deserves a gold star. Maybe we could try Bree Williamson? She took awhile to warm up but Tess was a lot of fun.

Edited by methodwriter85
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

I could definitely see Jen Landon if we're getting back to a feisty Lulu instead of the subdued Emme Rylan one. Or they could take a chance on a total unknown. Whoever cast Nicholas Chavez and Avery Pohl (though not a recast) deserves a gold star. Maybe we could try Bree Williamson? She took awhile to warm up but Tess was a lot of fun.

I'd rather have an unknown than Bree Williamson. The only upside to OLTL getting canceled was never having to see her again. 

• Love 3
On 11/21/2021 at 4:55 PM, tessaray said:

I'd rather have an unknown than Bree Williamson. The only upside to OLTL getting canceled was never having to see her again. 

Caught her on a repeat of Law & Order: Criminal Intent the other night (the Jeff Goldblum season), and her acting wasn't great even then (circa 2010). Either beg Julie Marie Berman to come back as Lulu or go for a newbie is my opinion.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, WendyCR72 said:

Caught her on a repeat of Law & Order: Criminal Intent the other night (the Jeff Goldblum season), and her acting wasn't great even then (circa 2010). Either beg Julie Marie Berman to come back as Lulu or go for a newbie is my opinion.

Bree was also on an episode of NCIS back in 2006.

But didn’t she already play Ryan’s ex? Or was she Griffin’s ex?

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Bree was also on an episode of NCIS back in 2006.

But didn’t she already play Ryan’s ex? Or was she Griffin’s ex?

Yes, she did play Griffin's ex. But hey, Frank gave Roger Howarth and Michael Easton 50,000 parts, so I would not put it past him to try such a stunt again.

• Love 1

Trina is another good recast. 

This one has a quirky voice that I like a lot. It gives her this plucky vibe. She also looks like she's from the 90's and I like that a lot. LOL

I also liked that they resisted the urge to "lighten" Trina up with a recast like One Life to Live did with their Destiny recast.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I also liked that they resisted the urge to "lighten" Trina up with a recast like One Life to Live did with their Destiny recast.

Well, this is the second recast of Trina. The original was an Asian girl, who wasn't such a "good girl."

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, this is the second recast of Trina. The original was an Asian girl, who wasn't such a "good girl."

The original Trina was played by an actress who is half black and half Vietnamese 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

This temp Michael recast looks like Billy Warlock. He would have made a decent Morgan, if we stuck with the bro adult version of Morgan and not the cool nerdy kid version of Morgan.

I loved that kid. He gave off Jonathan Jackson vibes. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I loved that kid. He gave off Jonathan Jackson vibes. 

Yeah, but they clearly wanted to recreate the Jason/AJ dynamic with Michael/Morgan so they went with Frat Boy Morgan instead.  This temp Michael reminds me a little of that version of Morgan, only a bit more matured. Like a former frat boy who's cooled his jets a bit. And again, he really does look like Billy Warlock so that makes me smile since traditionally Michael has been cast with Sean Kanan in mind instead.

• Love 1