Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Designated Survivor in the Media: Breaking News from the White House (Set)

Recommended Posts


Just watched S03E01. Totally revamped from the old network version.

Goose from Top Gun is Kirkman's Chief of Staff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

When is are they going to create some new episode topics for the show or am I going to have to talk about female periods in the media section?

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone can start a topic. Just follow the standard format for episode titles to avoid confusion.

Share this post


Link to post

We watched the first 2 episodes of season 3. It’s... not bad. They seem to have ditched Lyor and the son is nowhere to be seen. I’m enjoying Anthony Edwards on my tv again! 

So far, Seth and Emily just seem to be friends. 

It’s still not must-see tv for me, but I’m pretty sure I’ll watch the whole season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Do we think they’ll put Emily and Aaron back together? I know it’s ridiculously fan girl of me but I don’t care - they were about the one element of the show that worked for me back in season one.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/7/2019 at 9:02 AM, Chas411 said:

Any good? If it’s still a out Seth/Emily at least I’ll know to avoid.

No Seth/Emily.  But it's not what we wanted either.

😕 
14 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Do we think they’ll put Emily and Aaron back together? I know it’s ridiculously fan girl of me but I don’t care - they were about the one element of the show that worked for me back in season one.

They sort of do but not in a way that will make any of us happy.  I'm still mad about it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

That’s too bad, I enjoyed season 3 and found it a vast improvement over season 2. Ahh well, such is life. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/7/2019 at 6:08 PM, preeya said:

Just watched S03E01. Totally revamped from the old network version.

Goose from Top Gun is Kirkman's Chief of Staff.

I'm sure he's delighted to be called "Goose fro 'Top Gun'" after 33 years......smh

I think he got the part because the former ER showrunner took over.  I thought Anthony was fire in the role.  He plays badass really well.  We need more from him.  I think he's one of the most underappreciated actors in Hollywood.  

I'm sad it got canceled again.  However I'm not surprised.  Some people were put off by the language.  Well you can bet these Washington insiders don't talk like Sunday School teachers when the cameras aren't on them.  I think it's actually very realistic to show the language.  People need to join reality.  

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/13/2019 at 5:09 AM, tdp1117 said:

I'm sure he's delighted to be called "Goose fro 'Top Gun'" after 33 years......smh

I think he got the part because the former ER showrunner took over.  I thought Anthony was fire in the role.  He plays badass really well.  We need more from him.  I think he's one of the most underappreciated actors in Hollywood.  

I'm sad it got canceled again.  However I'm not surprised.  Some people were put off by the language.  Well you can bet these Washington insiders don't talk like Sunday School teachers when the cameras aren't on them.  I think it's actually very realistic to show the language.  People need to join reality.  

I thought Anthony Edwards was a huge bright spot this season. His character was flawed, obviously, but AE was terrific. 

Emily (well the actress) is an awful crier. 

Share this post


Link to post

I liked the first season because it was kind of a spy thriller.  It centered around Washington and was plenty political, but it felt like that took a back seat to the main theme of unraveling this mystery.

Then after that was done, it became more and more political in nature and it started to lose me.  By season 3, it just devolved into political porn, that thing where a TV show has everything in the political process working out for the "good guys".  And of course the good guys--the ones matching the writers' political philosophy--are always indisputably right.  It's easy to make a strong case for your view when you control the entire reality.

So I watched a few episodes of season 3 and then it just became unbearable.  Aaron's girlfriend and all her endless braying about Hispanic identity was exhausting to watch.  And Kirkman's pardoning of the Hispanic prisoner who was about 2 weeks away from completing his life sentence made no sense.  They might as well have just put a CGI halo around his head.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size