Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: A More Perfect Union

16 hours ago, Bobbin said:

I also thought of "We're Not Gonna Take It" as an Irish protest song, appropriate for an alcoholic Irish uncle. And for Team Machine? That may have been the intention.

More like a NY/NJ protest song.

Anyway, anyone feel the shot of Root, Reese, and Finch, sitting alone at the table, somberly drinking their bourbons while somberly watching the party go on around them and their decision not to let the mis-deeds of the sister ruin it for the family was a parallel to what they were doing in their battle against Samaritan.  They are the only ones that know all that is wrong that is going on while the rest of the world goes on oblivious to the dangers lurking below the surface.

On 5/23/2016 at 8:10 PM, shura said:

And who was that Becky that threw herself at Will, and why did she do that? Never mind, don't care.

Becca was a friend (misidentified at first as an ex-girlfriend) that the bride's dad tried to bribe to seduce the groom.  But it really didn't matter.

Kind of hinted at -- Daddy Turner is going to have to forfeit the current prize winnings, and possibly back winnings as well.  I think he's still pretty rich, but that has to hurt.  Tomorrow is going to be a good day at all for the Turner clan.

On 5/24/2016 at 8:24 AM, kwnyc said:

I think HIS endgame is (still) to get her to lead him to The Machine.

Now I wasnt the last scene to be Samaritan powering down as Shaw leads Creepy Computer Kid into the Base and Finch sings "Welcome, my son, to the Machine"!

On 5/24/2016 at 8:44 AM, Sakura12 said:

Samaritan doesn't seem that smart putting all those bodies in the same spot and blowing them up. There are better ways to get rid of bodies, you'd think an AI would know that.

Actually, it wasn't a bad plan.  A number of coincidences were needed to lead Fusco to the tunnel before the demolition -- after, the bodies would never be found.

On 5/24/2016 at 6:15 PM, Bobbin said:

The difference between the Machine and Samaritan is that the Machine tries to prevent individual deaths and Samaritan uses them, even orchestrates them, in the interest of "efficiency" in achieving its goals.

In the simulated scenarios, the Machine would make the plans public, just as it did with the farm papers in the previous episode. If the world knows your parts are defective, it will be hard to sell them anywhere.

• Love 1