Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E14: Not Going Down Without A Fight / S32.E15: Reunion

• Start Topic

The final castaways battle for a game-changing reward to help determine their fate. Later, they face the jury and plead their case before the jury members vote for a winner.

The winner is revealed as the castaways reunite to discuss the season.

1 hour ago, spiderpig said:

Team Mark.  That is all.

Yep.

But in the event that Jeff won't let them vote for a chicken, Tai or Aubry for the win.  Thinking it'll be between Aubry and Michele,though.

More excited to see what next seasons theme will be.  Not so excited to see Jason and Scot, and hope they get limited screen time.  Maybe Jeff will use the time to pimp out The Price Is Right special next week.

• Love 3

I'm old enough to be aware my days are not infinite, but on Tuesday I still wanted it to hurry up and be Wednesday.  You did your job well, stupid Survivor!

I so hope Jeff doesn't ruin the reunion with kid interviews, Boston Rob & Ambuh, neglecting three-quarters of the cast or Price Is Right promotion.

• Love 4

Team Aubrey right here. I know this won't make a difference but my wishes:
1: Opening Arguments.
2: Closing Arguments. 
3: No live audience cuts. 

Man I miss when Finale Day was Sunday. I'm still not used to it. 
Can't wait to live chat this with y'all at 8 :)

• Love 3
(edited)

Aw, even when I'm not crazy about the season, I'm always a little melancholy when Survivor comes to an end.

This is the first time in ages that I have not strongly backed a winner.  I'm okay with Aubrey, Tai, Michelle or Cydney.  They each played smart in very different ways.  I'm just thrilled that Bounty and Scot have no shot of winning, and hopefully no shot of opening their mouths at the reunion to tell us that they are really sweet and tender-hearted guys, and the show chose to edit them as jerks.  And I'd better not see Dan Foley in the studio audience.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Aw, even when I'm not crazy about the season, I'm always a little melancholy when Survivor comes to an end.

This is the first time in ages that I have not strongly backed a winner.  I'm okay with Aubrey, Tai, Michelle or Cydney.  They each played smart in very different ways.  I'm just thrilled that Bounty and Scot have no shot of winning, and hopefully no shot of opening their mouths at the reunion to tell us that they are really sweet and tender-hearted guys, and the show chose to edit them as jerks.  And I'd better not see Dan Foley in the studio audience.

Just when I was looking forward to tonight... ;) 

• Love 3
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Special K said:

Just when I was looking forward to tonight... ;) 

I just have this image in my mind of Probst interviewing the Tattoo Twins, listening to them whine about how they were so misunderstood, and Probst saying, "Well, we know another former Survivor who also felt cheated by his edit!"  Camera cuts to Foley, and I throw my remote control at my television.  I know the divisive players are the popular ones to interview at the reunion, but jerks like Scot and Bounty don't deserve to take airtime away from anyone else, and Probst tends to dwell on the "villains" far longer than necessary.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, thehepburn said:

Since it's a chat thread anyway, can the LIVE CHAT thread be opened earlier? Kthx.

I didn't even know there would BE a Live Chat!

Hubba-hubba!!!

Edited by candall
Future tense
(edited)

Well congrats to Michelle, although I was really hoping for Aubry. I think Aubry could have had a better final speech, she didn't mention that Neal and Joe, big parts of her alliance were pulled  and she was going to be as well, but she turned it around all the way.

Edited by dkb
Not voted out but medical reasons
  • Love 4

The editors should have  focused more on Michelle instead of Julia then, because the way Michelle was explaining it she was actually a part of an alliance with Scot, Jason, Julia, Tai? But it never came off that way.

I do like Michelle but I really thought that Aubry played the better game and that it was really obvious. But maybe only to us watching and not the jury.

• Love 13

When Caleb said that his mom/family had never seen him in a true medical emergency situation like he was in on this season of Survivor, all I could think was "Beast Mode! You lied to us! What happened to the story of when you were four and couldn't walk and the doctors couldn't do anything but this magical mystery man walked into your hospital room and laid his hands on you and you could walk again?" 

That said, I hope he'll be back on another season. I love me some BMC. Next season looks pretty bad, though. Can we just stop with the stupid themes and gimmicks?

• Love 18

Meh end to a meh season. For God's sake, the domesticated chicken had more fans than most of these people. And I don't think I typed "Michele" once. Or "Michelle." Interesting twist with the voting out of a jury member, and most of the challenges were good. I just feel that nobody will remember this season by the time S34 rolls around. "Gen X vs. Millennials"? Seriously, Burnett?!? Why not do "Collars" again? Everybody knows Tai was probably a "No Collar" substitute.

"Bye, Mark." That was funny.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

I had a feeling Michelle was going to win. When sexist tools on the jury have to vote for someone, and it can't be a dude's dude, I believe they're going to vote for the prettiest, the least offensive and the one who most closely fits their idea of "woman." They will never admit they were outplayed by a gay man and an assertive woman. Scot's argument said it all: the guy betrayed me and the other woman was playing a good game until she went against me. I have no problem with women...as long as they don't go against me.

I knew Aubry would be utterly screwed with this jury. For her to win, I feel they'd have to admit she played a better game, and they would never, because: sexist tools.

So much word. In their minds, a vote for Tai would be worse than voting for a woman. 

• Love 12

Interesting how Aubrey said she and Cydney worked together and made all the decisions all along the way, and how Cydney was credited with many of the blindsides. Yet it was the Aubrey show. I guess it IS all about the editing. They tell the story they want you to know.

• Love 5

I thought this season started out slow and I hated everybody but once the beasty boys and fakeobama got the boot I started to enjoy the play and blindsides and started to like Aubry, Cyd, Tai and (sometimes)  Joe. 

I was disappointed Michelle won. They had a chauvinist, bitter jury which sucked.

The reunion sucked too, Jeff didn't even talk to Cyd. 

Next season doesn't look too good, but of course I'll watch. At least it doesn't appear they are bringing back past player which is a pet peeve of mine. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, SnideAsides said:

That is the absolute worst idea for a reality TV season I've ever heard, and we literally just got through The Amazing Race: Social Media Edition LAST WEEK.

What, you didn't like the Hipster Dude bitching about how much he hates Twitter even though he uses it and probably sits on it for 10+ hours a day? Nice 'stache, bro.

• Love 8

I do think if Neal had stayed on the jury, he might have been able to sway a couple jurors, and if so, he was the best choice by Michele, so good for her. Joe was the easy, but ineffective choice. Michele did come through at the end. Tai had a strong early game, Aubrey a strong mid game and Michele a strong end game.

another useless reunion, no one spoke very well.  Jeff needed to stop asking Tai questions. I think the overall quality of Survivors contestants has gone downhill, or at least they are picking people who "bring the drama" more so than people who can articulate a coherent thought.

• Love 7

Disappointed. I like Michelle as a person but not as winner of this game.  I didn't even know who she was, her alliances, or gameplay until about 3 weeks ago. Aubry, I recall from day one and throughout the game. 

• Love 24

Thought: if Survivor was still "water cooler television," hundreds of people would be in a hospital for alcohol poisoning because they had a drinking game where they chugged anytime Tai got subtitles. I'm guessing English wasn't his first language, but I can't recall anybody else getting that treatment so often.

• Love 3

Second comment of the season, I am happy for Michelle. She truly was on her after the merge, wheres the more well spoken Aubry had several people who had her back. Michelle ironically realized this and wanted her gone.

Michelle's social game is also underrated IMO. She would have gone home when Tia was having his idolitits had it not been for her bondage with Cyd. She also made a good case standing up for herself at that tribal.

Finally, she won the last challenge which she needed to win, further earned Cyd's loyalty but being firmly in her corner, rightfully pushing for a real threat Aubry to go. She won another challenge and made the right call in cutting Neil from the jury. Nasty one, that Neil. Makes me all the more happier that Michelle won.

• Love 9
(edited)

Again Tai proved he can bend his "love for all things" any time he wants, as he freaking tamed and then adandoned poor Mark to the wilds... maybe he can go to where Tai tore up the trees trying to find the idol.

Then there was Sia fawning all over him and speaking of gimmicks hers is almost as bad as Gen X vs Millenials. Who gives a flying fuck about that "social experiment"??

Overall this was a letdown end to a letdown season.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 11
(edited)

The editors should have  focused more on Michelle instead of Julia then, because the way Michelle was explaining it she was actually a part of an alliance with Scot, Jason, Julia, Tai? But it never came off that way.

i wonder if part of the reason they held the season was to figure out what they were going to do with Michelle in editing.  Heh.  But even if that is even a tiny bit true, it was still an epic fail.  Michelle may not have given them much to work with, but we could have gotten a better look at her game.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Mabdul Doobakus said:

This season was ok, but that jury vote damages it significantly.  Aubry was unquestionably the hand that controlled this game the most.  She probably had the most impressive journey from the start of the game to the finish.  She seemed very likable the whole way through.  She overcame two huge blows when her two biggest allies were evacuated.  

Michelle played fine.  She hung on.  But you cannot argue she played anywhere near as well as Aubry.  I hope none of the folks who voted for Michelle are ever invited back.  Respect the game.

No she didn't. The only reason she remained in the game was because Neal got medavaced. Had he not she was going home that night. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, riverheightsnancy said:

I had a feeling Michelle was going to win. When sexist tools on the jury have to vote for someone, and it can't be a dude's dude, I believe they're going to vote for the prettiest, the least offensive and the one who most closely fits their idea of "woman." They will never admit they were outplayed by a gay man and an assertive woman. Scot's argument said it all: the guy betrayed me and the other woman was playing a good game until she went against me. I have no problem with women...as long as they don't go against me.

I knew Aubry would be utterly screwed with this jury. For her to win, I feel they'd have to admit she played a better game, and they would never, because: sexist tools.

I think this too, but it makes me wonder how Natalie A. won San Juan Del Sur. Based on this idea, it seemed like Jaclyn would have won. I remember a post in that finale on the AV club (I think) that talked about how the men wanted to vote for the most dude like woman, which was Natalie, because they thought that voting for a mom (Missy) or an attractive women (Jaclyn) was diminishing to them because it meant they gotten beaten by those "types" of women. I wonder what the difference is between the two juries then.

29 minutes ago, MKL122788 said:

She did almost nothing. Julia, her best friend there, basically admitted as much and still voted for her. In the end, she got 5 votes. She got votes for friendship, votes for being attractive, and a vote from Scott, but I will get to that later.

I wonder if this is almost amplified in these Beauty vs Brawn vs Brain seasons. Of course Survivor casts superficial people and mactors every season, but it seems like with this theme they purposely tried to get a bunch of superficial duds for the Brawn tribe and then the Beauties seem to emphasize a theme of being underestimated and having to overcome that. So it seems like the season it set up to favour a Beauty or Brawn if they make it to the end, maybe more so than in a regular season and definitely more so than if they had a more "Brains" heavy jury.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LanceM said:

No she didn't. The only reason she remained in the game was because Neal got medavaced. Had he not she was going home that night. 

You're asking me to remember things more than one week old.  Unfair.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, LanceM said:

to which she would have probably have been given the idol. so it's not very evident if she would have or not. 

• Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

to which she would have probably have been given the idol. so it's not very evident if she would have or not. 

No way Neal was giving her that idol.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 1

Honestly, I don't think I have really sat here completely and totally stunned at a winner for a very very long time. I know I was mad when Dawn didn't win (or even got a vote), Still mad that Bob Crawley won. but I am seriously stunned that Michele won. Like I know after a few weeks or something (or a re-watch... yeah who am I fooling), I can see it - but really this is seriously the buried edit. 

And I know that sometimes the Social Game card works, but that usually works in a Russel situation where you loathe the person. Like I seriously can't remember a person articulating everything they've done - question what the player next to them did in regards to big moves, completely explained each and every single move they did in regards to the game... and then lose. 

That's what's throwing me off. There have been some bad jury performances and the winner still wins (ie: Tony, Bob, Fabio). But Michele flat out said she didn't do anything until Julia. and she just voted with them. This isn't under the radar - this isn't stealth bombing. this is just.. I have zero idea realy what it is. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, thejuicer said:

Most undeserving winner ever. 

41 minutes ago, MKL122788 said:

Michelle is far from the worst winner ever. Vecepia will forever hold that title. I cannot imagine any scenario where a winner could be less deserving than Vecepia.

My vote for Worst Winner Ever is still Amber :)

39 minutes ago, SnarkKitty said:

Interesting how Aubrey said she and Cydney worked together and made all the decisions all along the way, and how Cydney was credited with many of the blindsides. Yet it was the Aubrey show. I guess it IS all about the editing. They tell the story they want you to know.

I think Cyd gets credit because she'd get pissed at someone and want them OUT that night!  and Aubrey went along with some of those even if the person wasn't her first choice, because neither was it messing up her game.

• Love 6

I came into this episode thinking I'd be happy whoever won. Then I decided I'd be happy if anyone but Tai won. Then by how tense I was at the fire-making challenge I knew I was on Team Aubrey, but I still thought a Michele win would be fine. Then I wanted to kick the TV when it happened. How utterly unsatisfying. 

• Love 22