Type keyword(s) to search

The Exorcist in the Media

I just finished watching season 2 episode 1 and it looks like it's gonna be good. I almost missed it since I haven't been watching much network tv and so I haven't been seeing the promos I guess.

Will we get threads for season 2 episodes?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

I didn't realize this show had been renewed for a second season. I only caught the last 15 minutes because I was channel surfing. I hope they replay this episode, it looked good! Will definitely watch next week. 

Do you have OnDemand? Season one is currently on there, so I think the new episodes will be too.

• Love 2

Spoiler scoop from ew.com

Spoiler

Any hints on what’s really going on on that island in The Exorcist? — Jaime
Here’s a clue from showrunner Jeremy Slater: “Part of the fun of this season is realizing that this demon may have been around for a while and that the people we’re seeing now may not have been its first victims.” If you’ve been watching closely, you might have formulated your own theories on what happened to Nicole Kim, Andy’s late wife — and you should definitely question the circumstances of her death going forward. “Did she sense something a year ago? Was she driven to do something against her will?” Slater explains. “Those are questions we’ll be asking.”

Can't believe I didn't think of that regarding Andy's wife but it makes total sense.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

I just noticed there's no episode this Friday because of the World Series. ?  The next episode looks like a good one, too. The title is "There But for the Grace of God, Go I". 

Nooooooooooooo :(

• Love 3

I guess I saw it coming, but that still hurts. Such a quality show, that never found its audience, at least partially because the network had no idea what to do with it, or how to promote it. Heres hoping someone else picks it up. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

Too many wonderful series have been cut today. I truly loved The Exorcist and will miss it bitterly. :-(

I hope we can all find another horror show to watch and discuss; there are quite a few that have been picked up. 

I'm very disappointed the Exorcist won't be coming back.

what other horror shows are out there to watch? I'd like to get into a new show to watch and discuss here. :) 

• Love 2

I will miss sexy Marcus and Tomas. We were lucky that FOX gave the show a second season so I am not going to complain. People didn't watch. It isn't FOX's fault. Stupid people who didn't watch! *shakes fist* 

• Love 4
(edited)

It really sucks, for so many reasons, especially because we have so few really good horror shows now. Its all jump scares and blood and cheap violence, and not enough well written story, characters, and creepy atmosphere. This show had jump scares and gore, but what made it work was the scary concepts and how it was shot and written, plus it had likable, engaging characters, and an interesting story.

Hopefully some of the shows that @17wheatthins mentioned turn out to be good, but I dony think they'll fill the Exorcist void. I guess we should just feel grateful that we got two seasons instead of nothing.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1
(edited)

Fox screwed The Exorcist's ratings by airing it live on Friday nights.  Any show with meaning and intelligence shouldn't be relegated to date night/going out night when the 18-49 crowd aren't staying home in droves to watch TV.

Edited by CelticBlackCat
Italics!
  • Love 2

Brooklyn Nine-Nine was canceled and has now been picked up by NBC.  Maybe another network can pick it up, if not a streaming channel or cable.  It's a pity to see wonderful actors and powerful stories go to waste.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CelticBlackCat said:

Fox screwed The Exorcist's ratings by airing it live on Friday nights.  Any show with meaning and intelligence shouldn't be relegated to date night/going out night when the 18-49 crowd aren't staying home in droves to watch TV.

The Exorcist only survived as long as it did because it was on Friday nights. It would have been cancelled after the first four or five episodes if it was on any other night. It was a religious horror show on network tv, it was only going to have an up hill fight.

• Love 5
20 hours ago, SimoneS said:

The Exorcist only survived as long as it did because it was on Friday nights. It would have been cancelled after the first four or five episodes if it was on any other night. It was a religious horror show on network tv, it was only going to have an up hill fight.

You have apparently not heard of the Friday Night Death Slot.  With a few exceptions, mainly for soap opera style nighttime dramas such as Dallas and Falcon Crest, unless shows are geared toward children or teens or are action shows kids would like, Friday night is usually a bad time to put on fledgling shows trying to find its audience.