Type keyword(s) to search

Current Timeline: News and Media

3 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

The writers are doing a Q & A session on Twitter, and they answered the question of how Anthony was able to go back to 1962 and 1972 when he shouldn't have been able to.  According to them, Anthony, like Emma, spent ten years stuck in the past but was actually born later.  The explanation of that was cut.

They also said that they had talked about doing an episode about the War of 1812 and that Harriet Tubman's era is on their wish list for Season 2.

That seems so simple, can't believe I didn't think of it.

War of 1812 and Harriet Tubman would be awesome things for season 2. Though that just makes me think - when they travel back that early, they should probably bring... documents with them, so nobody tries to take Rufus - they probably had paperwork for slaves - just have something identifying Rufus as Wyatt's slave.

22 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

See that would have made sense, and it would explain why Anthony would be so bitter. He's probably contemporaries with Flynn.

I think the proper verb tense is: Anthony would have been a contemporary of Flynn's.

I guess it's a good thing we don't have time travel; imagine the verb conjugations!

(edited)

Anthony's story would actually have been interesting to watch.  As it were, he seemed like a bland side character who was unceremoniously dropped because they wanted to focus on that actress.  Who was also given nothing to work with.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

Oh, and I just remembered a few more nuggets from that Q & A session:

• That promo footage that showed the Time Team visiting Pearl Harbor and watching Amelia Earhart in a parade?  That's all it was -- promo footage.  The show never planned to go to Pearl Harbor or have the gang meet Amelia Earhart.
  • There are no plans to travel to the future if there is a Season 2.
  • It was always intended for Agent Christopher to have a wife rather than a husband.  The writers felt that it was a demonstration of their desire to be inclusive to have her be a lesbian.
  • When did Lucy give Flynn the journal?  They'll answer that question sometime around Season 6.
10 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

But we HAD to spend time having Wyatt and Lucy stare blankly at each other ! #Wucy4Ever

That's the only thing I actually enjoyed without reservations about this show. Wyatt is hot! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did anyone else watch the live stream of the Smithsonian Institute panel tonight that had the showrunners, Abigail, Matt, and Malcolm as the panelists?  I thought it was a great discussion about the show and its philosophy and the way it depicted historical events.  I don't know whether it will repeat, but it's definitely worth checking out!

21 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

Did anyone else watch the live stream of the Smithsonian Institute panel tonight that had the showrunners, Abigail, Matt, and Malcolm as the panelists?  I thought it was a great discussion about the show and its philosophy and the way it depicted historical events.  I don't know whether it will repeat, but it's definitely worth checking out!

Yep, I did. I like that they had a real historian there providing more detailed information about the time period. Learning that Robert Todd Lincoln may have actually had a relationship with a woman named Lucy was a fun little detail. And Kripke and Ryan explained some of the show's time travel rules, i.e., that there's only one timeline, not multiple timelines that fork off from the original. Plus, Malcolm's mom praising the show at the end and him getting all embarrassed was adorable. The video will be up in a couple days for anyone who missed it. 

• Love 3

Aw man I really hope this show gets renewed. I've really enjoyed it. Might be an unpopular opinion but I think it's one of the better shows this year and that's mainly down to the lead three (even Wyatt who eventually grew on me). 

• Love 5

I do feel like Matt Lanter is relatively new to portraying adults and it might take him awhile to shake his CW roots and adolescent acting tics. Those who said that Wyatt felt more like a surfer/model than a hardboiled soldier really weren't that far off. He was playing teenagers as recently as 2014. His face finally caught up to his age and that's probably going to take some adjustment. I've always found that former "teen" actors take awhile before they can fully adjust to playing mature parts.

They are campaigning HARD for renewal. The cast took part in a history panel at the American History Museum.

I honestly wish, if this show got back, they'd basically just have the lead 3 go on the run from Rittenhouse, never returning to the present. It'd be pretty Sliders that way and I think it'd make the show leaner and meaner.

• Love 5

I also really hope they renew this show. I love the historical characters and the way they go sideways in some of the characterizations. 

They had some uneven episodes but every show has that problem. 

All in all it is no Time Tunnel but it is a hell of a lot of fun. Here's hoping they renew.

• Love 2
On 3/12/2017 at 8:44 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I do feel like Matt Lanter is relatively new to portraying adults and it might take him awhile to shake his CW roots and adolescent acting tics. Those who said that Wyatt felt more like a surfer/model than a hardboiled soldier really weren't that far off. He was playing teenagers as recently as 2014. His face finally caught up to his age and that's probably going to take some adjustment. I've always found that former "teen" actors take awhile before they can fully adjust to playing mature parts.

They are campaigning HARD for renewal. The cast took part in a history panel at the American History Museum.

I honestly wish, if this show got back, they'd basically just have the lead 3 go on the run from Rittenhouse, never returning to the present. It'd be pretty Sliders that way and I think it'd make the show leaner and meaner.

Except that they would need to return to 2017 in order to get proper period attire.  They can't exactly go shopping at the local mall immediately upon arriving in the past.

On 3/9/2017 at 10:43 PM, phalange said:

The video will be up in a couple days for anyone who missed it. 

Is this (still?) up (yet?) somewhere? I'd love to see, so if anyone had a link to where it might be, it would be much appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Randomosity said:

Is this (still?) up (yet?) somewhere? I'd love to see, so if anyone had a link to where it might be, it would be much appreciated.

Here you go

• Love 4

Did she also notice that the article specifically mentioned Timeless and the Hindenberg episode at the end of the article?  Clearly, this show is still on people's cultural radar.  If NBC doesn't renew it, it's going to make the network look really, really bad, I think.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Did she also notice that the article specifically mentioned Timeless and the Hindenberg episode at the end of the article?  Clearly, this show is still on people's cultural radar.  If NBC doesn't renew it, it's going to make the network look really, really bad, I think.

It would make a lot of sense to put it in the Friday slot that Grimm held.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

It would make a lot of sense to put it in the Friday slot that Grimm held.

True.  I never watched Grimm, but I understand that it did very well there for several seasons, notwithstanding that Friday night is often seen as the timeslot where shows go to die.  Or maybe that's Saturday night.

17 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Yeah. I just wanted to type the fewest words possible last night :D

• Love 1
(edited)

Unfortunately, I don't think most people would notice if NBC cancelled the show.  I still haven't met someone in everyday life who has heard of this show.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Camera One said:

Unfortunately, I don't think most people would notice if NBC cancelled the show.  I still haven't met someone in everyday life who has heard of this show.

I think if they retooled it and put it on Friday, gave it a bit of advertising, it might do well for friday.

Aw I can't believe that really? This was one of my favourite shows and it's honestly down to the charisma and camaraderie of the three leading characters. Ill be so disappointed if it doesn't get a chance to return.

I never watched Grimm, but I understand that it did very well there for several seasons, notwithstanding that Friday night is often seen as the timeslot where shows go to die.  Or maybe that's Saturday night.

Friday night has become a spot for "niche" shows where ratings expectations are lower. The problem with Timeless is that the network had enough confidence in it to give it a ton of promotion and a competitive Monday night time slot. Shifting it to Friday would be admitting failure. Grimm was always a Friday night show, from the start. Shows that start off elsewhere and are moved to Friday are typically being burned off. 

Still, it's possible the network might give Timeless a 13-episode order, put in on Friday and wait and see what ratings are like.

Every time I see this forum has new posts I think we got news on a renewal/cancellation. Anyone know when NBC's upfronts are?

I don't think this did as well as NBC hoped, but they may give it a chance depending on how other shows on their line up are doing. I haven't really been following NBC's ratings this year, so I don't know how they are doing.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Every time I see this forum has new posts I think we got news on a renewal/cancellation. Anyone know when NBC's upfronts are?

Upfronts are on Monday (the 15th). 

31 minutes ago, phalange said:
45 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Upfronts are on Monday (the 15th). 

Making it even harder for Timeless to be renewed is the news today that Taken even with its mediocre ratings has gotten a renewal for a second season of 6 episodes.  Boo!

http://tvline.com/2017/05/09/taken-season-2-nbc-episode-count/#more-827379

1 hour ago, dbklmt said:

Making it even harder for Timeless to be renewed is the news today that Taken even with its mediocre ratings has gotten a renewal for a second season of 6 episodes.  Boo!

http://tvline.com/2017/05/09/taken-season-2-nbc-episode-count/#more-827379

I know absolutely zero about TV networks, but if Taken only got 6 episodes, doesn't that still leave a whole lot of the year left for Timeless if they're sharing a timeslot? And, if they're willing to give them 6, it sets a precedent to perhaps throw Timeless a bone with 6 of their own? Maybe? Wishful thinking?

This Taken news has kinda dashed my hopes for renewal. A show that does worse than Timeless but is still renewed. Unfortunately it has the fact that it's cheaper and owned by NBC going for it. 

Here's hoping for some crappy pilots making way for Timeless. 

(edited)

I got my hopes up because E! had an article that said ABC's fall schedule, but it actually listed NBC shows.  I figured it just had the wrong title. Grimm was on there, so it was the 16-17 fall schedule.  

For a moment I was "Yes! Timeless is renewed", but unfortunately there is still no news. 

Edited by Stuffy

Yeah, in that article, I think the key word was "pricey." My takeaway from it was that the series would have needed to be one of NBC's top-rated shows, rather than just doing OK, to justify the cost of all the sets and costumes, plus the occasional CGI effects. 

Dammit. I guess we won't be seeing much time travel on network shows anytime soon. Three shows this year that were all cancelled.

I wonder if we'll hear from the writers on what they were planning. If they actually had a plan that is.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Dammit. I guess we won't be seeing much time travel on network shows anytime soon. Three shows this year that were all cancelled.

I wonder if we'll hear from the writers on what they were planning. If they actually had a plan that is.

Kripke said on twitter they're trying to find another home but odds are long. 

• Love 2