Type keyword(s) to search

Lethal Weapon in the Media: "Well, I got news for you, Rog: I'm not crazy."

16 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Pointing out that Wayans did some shitty things is not trying to find excuses for Crawford nor excusing his behavior. 

I do feel like the article, or at least some people quoted in it, fell into the trap of false equivalency.  What ended Crawford's run was his temper.  I don't see what what Wayans chooses to do on his lunch break or the fact that he requested to be able to eat every 2.5 hours has to do with that. 

• Love 9
On 6/9/2018 at 6:22 PM, Happy Harpy said:

Yeah, wasn't there a whole hoopla about Wayans being delusional or pathological liar for his mention of Lance Henriksen, who "was never even a guest on LW"? And then, oopsie!  

No, there wasn't. I asked about it, because I googled and checked his IMDB, and didn't see any mention of Lethal Weapon. So I did the responsible thing, and ASKED, since I hadn't seen all of the episodes. 

I also thought that Wayans had every right to be worried about safety, and that Crawford couldn't fault him, because his first explosion was apparently over the very same thing. I just didn't think that he set things up to hurt Wayans on purpose, which was the idea that HE was pushing on twitter. A conspiracy theory of his very own.

On 6/12/2018 at 6:02 AM, MissLucas said:

Pointing out that Wayans did some shitty things is not trying to find excuses for Crawford nor excusing his behavior. 

Exactly. 

• Love 5
(edited)
9 hours ago, Anela said:

No, there wasn't. I asked about it, because I googled and checked his IMDB, and didn't see any mention of Lethal Weapon. So I did the responsible thing, and ASKED, since I hadn't seen all of the episodes.

This is the context of my words you quoted, with the comment it answered to:

Exactly. It didn't convince the conspiracy theorists on Twitter, anyway.

That's hardly surprising considering that his twitter statements gave plenty of food for more conspiracy theories.

The exchange is short so it can't be clearer I wasn't talking about anyone on this board. It's also clear that I talked about people who accused and called names, not about people who asked. I think I'm direct enough when I'm addressing someone in particular so please stop twisting my words and taking everything personally, thank you :)

Well, I wonder when filming starts, and when they're going to launch their media offensive. Probably as fast as possible. Lethal summer in sight? I truly hope for the cast and crew that they won't have to act as much off camera as in front of it. Even if S3 flops, they deserve at least to work in a good atmosphere while it lasts.

I never watched any American Pie so I only know NuGuy as a voice from Ice Age, and I'm pretty curious to see what kind of character he's going to play and how it will translate with the supporting cast. It would be funny if he had white-hot chemistry with Jordana Brewster, for example, since I didn't think Riggs and Cahill had much. Hopefully,  he won't have too much of it with Keesha Sharp (I have yet to see someone have none with her).

Edited by Happy Harpy

There was an interview on TVInsider.com with the EP of Lethal Weapon and I have to say I am willing to give the reboot a chance.  From the interview:

Is it safe to assume that Seann’s character is still the wild card element that Riggs was in the show? 

It is. He’s definitely very much a wild card. He’s very physical, he’s obviously the ‘lethal weapon’ in the dynamic. The difference is that Riggs had a lot of pain as it related to the death of his wife. He was suicidal and he was always looking for a way to possibly die, whereas the Cole character has such an optimism to him. He has tragedy as well in his backstory, but as opposed to approaching it from the point of view of he wants to die, he feels like he has a lot to make up for in this world. He feels like he has to attack every situation, which puts him and Murtaugh in a similar dynamic. But at the same time, he’s trying to make up for some of the harm that he’s caused and done to people in his past.

I like that instead of killing himself the Cole character wants to make amends.  The interview also talks about how Damon Wayons has been pranking Seann William Scott a lot.  Sounds like they are at least starting off on a good foot.

• Love 5

I sincerely hope that those that give this new character a chance enjoy it. But, for me, Lethal Weapon was Riggs and Murtaugh. I have no interest in an "optimistic" clone and don't see the point of any of this since ratings weren't exactly gangbuster territory before all the crap went down. But good luck to the show and fans/characters that remain.

• Love 9

For me the movies are Riggs and Murtaugh.  The tv show just has the same name and characters' names.  Otherwise I would never have enjoyed the tv show.  But that's just me.

• Love 1

I just hope Crawford is not blacklisted from Hollywood. He has a lot of potential. As well as that of in hoping he will get a show and get the last laugh on Wayans. And that a lot of actors and actress are praising him except of course for Damon. 

• Love 2

Well, if he was bullying people, then that has to stop. One of the actresses - the policewoman - said something to him like, "Are you really going to let us take the fall for this?" 

I was just thinking about this, wondering why Damon would think that he tried to injure him (or worse), that he did it deliberately. Did he get physical with others, or was it "just" yelling? 

I'm still soured on the show, which is a shame, but the whole thing back in the Spring, was just childish, from the main actors, to the person or people leaking stuff - especially since they might have been trying to use the rumours to attract viewers for the finale. I loathe rumours, hate shit-stirring, and still have no desire to tune in for the new season. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Anela said:

Well, if he was bullying people, then that has to stop. One of the actresses - the policewoman - said something to him like, "Are you really going to let us take the fall for this?" 

He also basically whined at Keesha Sharp on Twitter recently when she was responding to a fan who was criticizing her for not mentioning Clayne when she was talking about something else. He's a bit messy.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

He also basically whined at Keesha Sharp on Twitter recently when she was responding to a fan who was criticizing her for not mentioning Clayne when she was talking about something else. He's a bit messy.

Keesha Sharp, Michelle Mitchenor, and WB doing the right thing are why I will watch the season 2 premiere. Not sure I'll like it or keep watching, pretty sure the ratings will be terrible (new and tougher timeslot on top of everything else) but I'll give it a shot.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

JFC!  I went and looked at this tweet for context.  Kessha was minding her own damned business posting a fun picture of herself , Jonathan Fernandez and Kevin Rahm promoting a friggin' Hallmark card when some rabid CC fan jumped into her mentions and posted something like "do you think this makes us forget about Clayne? You never cared for him you're being unfair" blah blah blah.  Like what the even fuck?

Keesha graciously(and unnecessarily, imo) thanked the woman for being a fan of the show and said she was never unfair.  That is when Clayne himself hopped in.  It was so unnecessary.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

Keesha Sharp, Michelle Mitchenor, and WB doing the right thing are why I will watch the season 2 premiere. Not sure I'll like it or keep watching, pretty sure the ratings will be terrible (new and tougher timeslot on top of everything else) but I'll give it a shot.

I like them, but I'll see how I feel in a month. I remember the WB firing something like one-hundred members of the production staff, too. I don't believe that Wayans being injured was deliberate in that scene that was posted back in May (and it isn't because he's black - I still remember that remark). Hold the man accountable for what he's done deliberately. He also got pissed over an accident that happened in a scene (Crawford), so he should understand safety concerns, and someone getting angry, I just don't believe that it was deliberate. 

32 minutes ago, Anela said:

I like them, but I'll see how I feel in a month.

Your absolute freedom. I have dropped shows (actually, dropped them like flies in the last two or three TV seasons) whereas I liked or even loved the cast. I was stating my personal feelings/reasons to watch, no more and no less. 

https://www.spoilertv.com/2018/08/lethal-weapon-episode-301-in-same-boat.html

Another promotional photo. I like it better than the not candid ones. LW + Roger's boat? Interesting.

Jordana Brewster wasn't in the promo photos. It's a bit puzzling. I've always thought her character struggled to find a place and could benefit the most from a shake off.

On 8/22/2018 at 9:55 AM, DearEvette said:

JFC!  I went and looked at this tweet for context.  Kessha was minding her own damned business posting a fun picture of herself , Jonathan Fernandez and Kevin Rahm promoting a friggin' Hallmark card when some rabid CC fan jumped into her mentions and posted something like "do you think this makes us forget about Clayne? You never cared for him you're being unfair" blah blah blah.  Like what the even fuck?

Keesha graciously(and unnecessarily, imo) thanked the woman for being a fan of the show and said she was never unfair.  That is when Clayne himself hopped in.  It was so unnecessary.

I was having a nice, pleasant evening, so of course I remembered this, and went to look for the tweet mentioned here. Someone mentioned her husband not being so nice (or quiet). It looks to me like he's just defending his wife, who has done nothing wrong. If I'm "team" anyone, it's Keesha. I might tune into the premiere too, just for her. I'm amazed at all of the negativity, after three months. I was sad, because it was a bright spot in my week, but I will survive. 

I regretted posting at all, a few months ago, when I thought we were just chatting here, just because tempers flared. I've been incredibly depressed, but didn't want to be a source of negativity for anyone. So, I'm sorry for any bad feeling on my part. This Summer has been intense at times. I was wishing I'd just followed my plan of planting myself in the garden, and reading/binge-watching all Summer, instead of talking to anyone. 

6 hours ago, Passepartout said:

Hope Keesha gets her own show. Now I am all for her. And really think that she deserves better. Kevin R and Clayne C gone. The show is dead. Unless it can perform a miracle out.

Kevin  R? As in Kevin Rahm?  He's not gone.  He's part of the new season's key art.

• Love 4

Clayne can miss me with this.

Damon has always been an asshole,  appears they're equally yolked in that regard.

I was on Twitter when he came at Keesha, which made his Stans double down on the harassment.

Some of us defended her and blasted his ass too.

Didn't know Clayne did the same thing to Michelle.

Attacking two of his former Female castmates, both are BW.

I never support anything Clayne does in the future.

Stopped watching LW early in S2, but will tune in for the one Keesha directs this season.

• Love 2

I have only commented one time on this board. But I feel like adding my two cents now.

I've been on twitter for this entire mess. I followed someone who claimed to be an ex-crew member on twitter who was cited as a credible source for a Variety article. He or she divulged on set details that have now been confirmed by not only Clayne but online footage as well as the anonymous actor coming forward on this subject in the TV line article.

What I gather from Clayne,this anonymous crew member,and the anonymous actors is that there was no leadership on set. Clayne and Damon come from completely different backgrounds. A good leader would have brought these differences together and would have squashed all the disagreements.

What I also gather from them, and is that Damon didn't want to be there at all. Actor Aaron Pruner has tweeted:

Listening to @ClayneCrawford talk about the #LethalWeapon drama reminds me of the brief chat I had with Damon Wayans last Summer where he admitted to me he didn't like his character and was feeling stifled because he wanted more of the jokes.

The articles that came out before Clayne spoke up, mentioned there being no tablereads because Damon didn't want to do them. The anonymous crew member said Matt Miller was grabbed by Damon ,and his son in law got physical with Clayne. Clayne now also mentioned this. Clayne admitted his wrongdoings (loosing his cool, yelling at the AD being frustrated with the enormous delay in production), but where is Damon in this?  Damon has exhibited some problematic behaviour in the past (Bill Cosby remarks, his twitter meltdown regarding Clayne). There’s so much more in the twitter tags and on instagram and facebook.

Finally the anonymous crew member has said that there are guards on set as of now, while filming season 3. The last time this happened (according to this source and Clayne), was when Damon grabbed Matt Miller during the filming of season two.

I think things are looking really messed up for all involved in this Lethal Weapon situation. By the way, Clayne has said in his podcast interview that Jordana  has left as well (and he now has the same management company as her) implying that she left because of the mess on set. He posted an image of his podcast interview (on Instagram) and Jordana commented with a thumbs up. Make of that what you will.

Link to the podcast

Edited by Zen
spelling mistakes
  • Love 4

Well sure Clayne had a temper. But still nobody really speaks out about Damon and his temper. As D.W. is trying to make Clayne as a scapegoat. But Clayne admits his behavior was bad and took responsibility. And that Damon however does not admit any wrongdoing. That is the difference there. 

• Love 4

I will give it a try but I don't know if I'll stick around for all 10 episodes. Time will tell. I heard Jordana Brewster's character is being written out and I really likeed her chemistry with Clayton. Another thing I'll miss *sigh*

• Love 2
On 8/31/2018 at 4:18 AM, Zen said:

Clayne has said in his podcast interview that Jordana  has left as well (and he now has the same management company as her) implying that she left because of the mess on set. He posted an image of his podcast interview (on Instagram) and Jordana commented with a thumbs up. Make of that what you will.

That doesn't surprise me.  99% of scenes were with Clayne.  And in the second season, it felt like her character was barely there.  So maybe it was the set.  Or maybe it was the fact that being on this show prevented her from getting a role where she'd have more to do. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

That doesn't surprise me.  99% of scenes were with Clayne.  And in the second season, it felt like her character was barely there.  So maybe it was the set.  Or maybe it was the fact that being on this show prevented her from getting a role where she'd have more to do. 

What I do know is that she was very supportive of Clayne and his approach to acting and scripts:

When you have someone like Clayne [Crawford] on set, he’s someone that’s a fanatic about the script and the quality. He’s just wonderful to work with because he’s like quality control at all times.

source: https://www.google.nl/amp/s/hollywoodlife.com/2017/09/26/lethal-weapon-season-2-spoilers-jordana-brewster-interview/amp

And she also talked about her preferemce for working in LA:

I don’t want to be away from them every single day for 12 hours a day, so that definitely alters whether or not I want to shoot outside of L.A. I really want to work in L.A. because my son is starting preschool.

source: https://parade.com/511422/paulettecohn/jordana-brewster-on-returning-to-tv-with-two-series-secrets-and-lies-and-lethal-weapon/

She has posted on her instagram that she was in Vancouver

After posting these pics she later anounced on twitter and Instagram that she was shooting another movie. A fan commented on seeing them (cast and crew) filming in Bethany.

So my theory is that yes she didn't have a whole lot to do acting wise, but she enjoyed working with Clayne and the others, and would have stayed maybe voicing her need to do more with her character.She seemed to like shooting the show in L.A. because of her son(s). So the question I have is why would she leave all that behind, she must have dealt with some things that she disliked more then moving her family around.

Untill april 24th or 25th she posted Lethal weapon promo's on her insta. After that she stopped posting anything LW related until she reposted Clayne's farewell post on instagram( also recently in her instastory a shot of her being on set for s3) and now the thumbs up thing on Clayne's post. Seems to me like she made some conscious decisions.

1 hour ago, Zen said:

Edited by Zen
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

Yeah, I never felt that they ever managed to integrate the character or even use her properly, since Cahill was stuck between the rock of the killjoy and the hard place of the enabler. With the ratings going down sharply in S2, I expected some "creative" changes and I wouldn't have been surprised to see her go. Afterwards, I thought the writers would take advantage of the overhaul to try and make her more relevant, and I was actually curious about what they'd do with her. But I guess they decided there was nothing to do, except a copy-paste of a Riggs storyline. 

Edited by Happy Harpy

I listened to Crawford on a podcast. I understand being angry over what happened, but he turned me off when he kept calling all involved "snowflakes" and acting like he was better than them. 

*edit. He mentioned that Jordana was leaving, over what happened. From what I remember. It's been a few weeks since I listened to it. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1
On 9/1/2018 at 2:34 AM, Passepartout said:

Well sure Clayne had a temper. But still nobody really speaks out about Damon and his temper. As D.W. is trying to make Clayne as a scapegoat. But Clayne admits his behavior was bad and took responsibility. And that Damon however does not admit any wrongdoing. That is the difference there. 

I'm not interested in watching either of them anymore. Maybe in the future. I tuned in tonight, because I said I would, and honestly, when I saw that people are still harassing the actresses on twitter (Keesha and Michelle), it pissed me off all over again. I do not like feeling tilted over a TV show, of all things. Crawford may have been gracious at first, but he hasn't told his fans to back off, and leave them alone. I don't like that, at all. I'm still not happy with Wayans, but the fact that I defended Crawford at all, is now annoying me. I (inadvertently) got into an argument (more than once) over someone who no longer deserves it. I used to love coming here to talk, but haven't felt comfortable for months. 

They both annoy me. It sounded like neither one of them wanted to do the show; now Wayans is stuck there as long it's on the air, and Crawford gets to move on. Hilary Burton said something about them making a movie together with "Jo Jo", once things blow over. He has his family, he will still have a career - he has a lot of people behind him. I would understand if his life fell apart because of it, but he seems to have a lot of support. If his career has taken a hit, I'm surprised he hasn't sued anyone. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Anela said:

I'm not interested in watching either of them anymore. Maybe in the future. I tuned in tonight, because I said I would, and honestly, when I saw that people are still harassing the actresses on twitter (Keesha and Michelle), it pissed me off all over again. I do not like feeling tilted over a TV show, of all things. Crawford may have been gracious at first, but he hasn't told his fans to back off, and leave them alone. I don't like that, at all. I'm still not happy with Wayans, but the fact that I defended Crawford at all, is now annoying me. I (inadvertently) got into an argument (more than once) over someone who no longer deserves it. I used to love coming here to talk, but haven't felt comfortable for months. 

They both annoy me. It sounded like neither one of them wanted to do the show; now Wayans is stuck there as long it's on the air, and Crawford gets to move on. Hilary Burton said something about them making a movie together with "Jo Jo", once things blow over. He has his family, he will still have a career - he has a lot of people behind him. I would understand if his life fell apart because of it, but he seems to have a lot of support. If his career has taken a hit, I'm surprised he hasn't sued anyone. 

I feel you, I'm tired of this mess as well. But I think no-one is completely innocent. Not completely defending Keesha and Michelle. They should not be targeted anywhere, no other castmember should be targeted we are in agreement. But I have seen screenshot's of DM's on twitter from mr. Sharp ,keesha's husband telling someone "we've met, and I want you to stop posting negative stuff about my wife", I'm paraphrasing. What I also saw with my own eyes was that he was tweeting to people on twitter who didn't tag him or his wife. That doesn't seem exactly right to me. And a former crew member told  Michelle on twitter in a very polite way, to not say anything regarding Clayne and Damon's mess because she wasn't on set when this stuff happened after she tweeted that Clayne wanted the show to get cancelled, and that he was abusive on set two things he adressed in his podcast and have been debunked by crew/castmembers who came forward in a TV line article. This crewmember ended up getting blocked by Michelle (her husband was being rude on twitter to people who asked Michelle questions/or said stuff about  Clayne or S3 not all rude comments. But he stopped doing that a long time ago).

Lastly Clayne didn't want to do LW at first, he turned it down many times. He said in his podcast that the only reason he wanted to leave after the first season was because that set was a mess. There was no leadership from WB guiding/controling things on set. He went as far as saying that he's never been on a set like this. Damon wasn't helping things because he didn't want to do LW and Clayne alluded that Damon was already being difficult on set back then.

I think this show needs to be cancelled 'cause it's bringing out all the ugly in people who I think wouldn't normally act the way they did and I'm including Damon and Clayne. Time to release people especially the crew from a toxic environment. Because did you read about Keesha's directorial debut being pushed forward; it seems like Damon called in "sick" again, they couldn't finish shooting the episode that week so her ep was next. The crew has to put in double effort to make things work out; they are very unhappy. The source that said these things, tweeted out a clip about a month ago showing Rigg's truck being blown up, wich is from what I hear, exactly what happened last night, so I'm trusting them on this.

Edited by Zen
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Zen said:

I feel you, I'm tired of this mess as well. But I think no-one is completely innocent. Not completely defending Keesha and Michelle. They should not be targeted anywhere, no other castmember should be targeted we are in agreement. But I have seen screenshot's of DM's on twitter from mr. Sharp ,keesha's husband telling someone "we've met, and I want you to stop posting negative stuff about my wife", I'm paraphrasing. What I also saw with my own eyes was that he was tweeting to people on twitter who didn't tag him or his wife. That doesn't seem exactly right to me. And a former crew member told  Michelle on twitter in a very polite way, to not say anything regarding Clayne and Damon's mess because she wasn't on set when this stuff happened after she tweeted that Clayne wanted the show to get cancelled, and that he was abusive on set two things he adressed in his podcast and have been debunked by crew/castmembers who came forward in a TV line article. This crewmember ended up getting blocked by Michelle (her husband was being rude on twitter to people who asked Michelle questions/or said stuff about  Clayne or S3 not all rude comments. But he stopped doing that a long time ago).

The thing that people have to realize is that their husbands are going to be protective of their wives. Look at everyone who is still up in arms over this guy that most have never actually met. What would Crawford do, if people were harassing his wife and children over something like this? Constant, never-ending. As long as things like that are happening, they're going to overshadow anything positive for him, because he's encouraged it. 

3 hours ago, Anela said:

The thing that people have to realize is that their husbands are going to be protective of their wives. Look at everyone who is still up in arms over this guy that most have never actually met. What would Crawford do, if people were harassing his wife and children over something like this? Constant, never-ending. As long as things like that are happening, they're going to overshadow anything positive for him, because he's encouraged it. 

Yes like I said no one should be targeted at any point, it's just wrong. Keesha did try to keep things of social media, I respect that, but sliding into peoples DM's telling them you know them and they should stop, kind of crossed a line for me, just don't do that. Cause when it was screenshot and posted on twitter it makes them all look bad. He said something like he worked for the show or something it felt weird to me lol.

Clayne could say something about all the negativity on social media (I just checked, I don't know how much of it he actually sees since he doesn't follow any LW cast members or official pages anymore at least on twitter) regarding the interactions between cast and Clayne fans/LW fans and maybe he should, but Damon started this mess by going off publicly about Clayne on twitter dragging him true the mud with a mostly false narrative wich backfired, because (ex-)crew/(ex-)cast-members came forward defending Clayne. Before that interactions were mostly polite. Damon created a divide among fans, where there was none.

I'm still waiting for Matt Miller or someone in control to finally step up as an actual showrunner and speak to all fans online, adressing the gigantic elephant in the room instead of letting this all just get more and more out of controle with each passing day.

Edited by Zen
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Zen said:

I'm still waiting for Matt Miller or someone in control to finally step up as an actual showrunner and speak to all fans online, adressing the gigantic elephant in the room instead of letting this all just get more and more out of controle with each passing day.

If he hasn't been able to do that until now then I don't see it ever happening. It looks very much as if the TPTB have decided to sit this out - i.e. sticking to their tried and trusted ostrich tactics. Because that worked out so well so far *eye-roll*

• Love 4

The ratings for the premiere are in, and LW is on par with its S2 finale at 0.8 (and a tad more than that in unrounded numbers).

Even if there was a curiosity effect, it lost a lead, changed timeslot, was up against a juggernaut and a buzzy new show, had the worst lead-in in ratings (The Gifted did 0.9) and compatibility (sci-fi vs cop show). As for the impact of Riggs' death on the unsuspecting offliners/casual viewers, the half-hour loss was almost insignificant (like 0.05). I expected 0.6, with a 0.2 drop, I'm surprised. 

47 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

The ratings for the premiere are in, and LW is on par with its S2 finale at 0.8 (and a tad more than that in unrounded numbers).

Even if there was a curiosity effect, it lost a lead, changed timeslot, was up against a juggernaut and a buzzy new show, had the worst lead-in in ratings (The Gifted did 0.9) and compatibility (sci-fi vs cop show). As for the impact of Riggs' death on the unsuspecting offliners/casual viewers, the half-hour loss was almost insignificant (like 0.05). I expected 0.6, with a 0.2 drop, I'm surprised. 

It could still drop. With the Walking Dead, 17 million people tuned in to watch two people get their heads bashed in. (Ugh.) They lost ten million viewers over the season, not long into it. 

1 hour ago, Anela said:

It could still drop.

Not saying it won't and it's very likely to be cancelled anyway. Again, I wouldn't have been surprised if it was axed last season with the big drop to reach the 0.7-0.8 levels in winter/spring.

However, the rejection of a huge change in casting and/or formula is generally immediate (recent examples: Code Black season 2, Taken season 2) and it didn't happen here, whereas it was clear that Riggs was dead and buried long before the half-hour mark. People who watched either already knew, either didn't care enough to switch channel out of anger. I don't know which it is and it doesn't mean they'll keep on watching next week. They might not care enough to tune in anymore, either.

Edited by Happy Harpy

In my opinion jordana's leaving really is not a big loss to the show. Realistically her only role was to be a counselor for Riggs character and she was pretty bland at that. As little as her character was used I doubt that she was on set either for most of the drama . It seems that some people have invested a whole lot more time into this situation than I could have believed. It's really not worth the time- two actors had a personality conflict and the studio made a decision. That's the end of the story. I would not take who's liking whom on social media or whose saying complimentary things about whom as any proof as to who was right or wrong. It's clear to me that there was wrong on both sides, however  the studio made a decision (whether it was the right one or the wrong one) and everybody just needs to move on. Some people  just gel with others more or have the same style or values and beliefs as somebody else more than they do another person that doesn't mean anything. I could be wrong but Damon  doesn't strike me as a person who would go out of his way to make new friends which could be seen as being aloof. He is also not the first person who maybe didn't enjoy his job or maybe took a job that was not what he was told it was going to be. That doesn't mean he deliberately set out to sabotage the show.

There are other jobs and people have had bad experiences on a series and went on to bigger and better things. Or not. That's just the nature of being an actor and the networking and all about who you know and those things. I was surprised the show got a third season and I expect it to be canceled so I really don't think this is going to continue to be an issue. In the end I believe Damon still has some money in the bank and unfortunately he'll be the least  impacted.

If Clayne's Talent is really that great then he'll be recognized by somebody else. It seems to me that the actor that replaced him has been stereotyped, so if nothing else comes out of this I hope he will be recognized as being able to do something other than comedy and it will lead to other things for him.

Edited by catrice2
Spelling
1 hour ago, Unclejosh said:

Haha, this just makes me laugh.

Same. 

24 minutes ago, UnknownK said:

You need to be an in shape workaholic to do a full season of an action show at that age and Wayans is not that kind of guy.

At this point he had to know what type of show he was in, right?

• Love 5

Its not like you see him breaking a sweat on the set.

I could see him quitting after the first season because he was expecting just a comedy show and ended up being in an action show, but at this stage I think he just wanted his co-star fired so he could then stiff the producers and quit himself. He could have just told the producers about this privately so the ratings would not tank if people knew the show was done two episodes into the season but decided to go public in a big way.

Maybe he should stick with an easy half hour comedy show, do one small movie every few years, or just retire.

• Love 8

If it isn't a joke -seems right his brand of "humor"- I don't find it surprising. 

The show is likely to be cancelled anyway. Not because of Mr Anger Management's departure, it had zero effect on the ratings -they stayed stable this week and LW actually built on its dropping lead-in; no matter what happens next, there was no rejection. But most of the audience left during S2 and shows rarely recover from such a tumble; moreover FOX is going to do less scripted next season. Their Tuesday shows, which are the lowest-rated, are the most likely to be gone.

It isn't completely impossible that it gets another 13 with a new actor, depending on international sales and other revenues, if network and producers conclude that the brand is stronger than the cast. The chance is quite slim, though. I'd say 10%.

I'd laugh, too, if not for the supporting cast since on the one hand, I feel sorry for them, On the other hand, they won't be blindsided and will be able to explore their options for pilot season, it increases their chances to get new jobs.

• Love 2

After having to be convinced to even watch the 3rd season premiere, I found myself surprisingly okay with SWS and Cole's character, but didn't want to keep tuning in because I'm really kind of done with DW (regardless of who was more right in the whole brouhaha last spring).

This news is hilariously just what I wished. I'm looking forward to the back half of season 3 now. Ain't no Murtaugh without Riggs, so let's just move on to Cole and new character. (Kind of a shame they couldn't just team Cole up with Bailey -- that would've filled both slots nicely.)

Edited by kickingnames
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, kickingnames said:

After having to be convinced to even watch the 3rd season premiere, I found myself surprisingly okay with SWS and Cole's character, but didn't want to keep tuning in because I'm really kind of done with DW (regardless of who was more right in the whole brouhaha last spring).

This news is hilariously just what I wished. I'm looking forward to the back half of season 3 now. Ain't no Murtaugh without Riggs, so let's just move on to Cole and new character. (Kind of a shame they couldn't just team Cole up with Bailey -- that would've filled both slots nicely. 

I didn't wish anything for it, I just didn't watch last night, because a) I was at the store, and b) my DVR didn't catch it. I just associate the show with bad feeling now, so I was going to let it build up on the DVR, and watch if I felt like it. 

At the moment, I'm done with Wayans and Crawford. I hope the rest of the cast find good work elsewhere. Crawford and Wayans are as bad as each other. 

I did also think that maybe after Wayans' experience on twitter, back in May, that the whole thing might just feel bad for him now. But it sounded like he was ready for it to be over, long before it was, and not just in the way that a few people took it, as in "everyone feels like that once in a while". 

Edited by Anela