Type keyword(s) to search

Lethal Weapon in the Media: "Well, I got news for you, Rog: I'm not crazy."

19 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

For anyone who hasn't seen the movies as of right now the series (I think all of them) are streaming on Netflix.  It is worth the watch.  For an action/buddy cop franchise it is rather good and progresses nicely throughout.

Yeah but you have to pay extra to see the first one and it's available until October 1. Not sure about the others. Sure, it's only $1 extra, but I'm not paying it since I'm already paying my monthly fee for Netflix.

So I pulled out my dvd and am watching it now.

14 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yeah but you have to pay extra to see the first one and it's available until October 1. Not sure about the others. Sure, it's only $1 extra, but I'm not paying it since I'm already paying my monthly fee for Netflix.

So I pulled out my dvd and am watching it now.

I rewatched it on Netflix last night (first movie) and didn't have to pay extra.

14 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I rewatched it on Netflix last night (first movie) and didn't have to pay extra.

Well that is some weird hiccup, because now I can watch it without having to pay extra. The option to play, add to my list, rate this title, and audio and subtitles are now there, when only 'close' and rate this title were the only options two hours ago.  I called Netflix and informed them of the glitch. The note that the movie is only available until October 1 is still there, though.

Lethal Weapon Season 2: Riggs' Dad to Be Played by CSI: Miami Vet Rex Linn

http://tvline.com/2017/08/08/lethal-weapon-season-2-riggs-dad-cast-rex-linn/

'Lethal Weapon' Adds Newcomer for Season 2 Recurring Role (Exclusive)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/lethal-weapon-andrew-creer-cast-season-2-1024191?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Michelle Hurd Joins ‘Lethal Weapon’ As Recurring, Departs ‘Blindspot’ As Regular

http://deadline.com/2017/07/lethal-weapon-michelle-hurd-recur-season-2-fox-blindspot-nbc-depart-1202129438/

'Lethal Weapon' Season 2 More Lethal Than the First (PHOTO)

https://www.tvinsider.com/341563/lethal-weapon-season-2-art/

• Love 1

Question: Lethal Weapon Season 2 scoop, please. —Danielle
Ausiello: I can exclusively report that True Blood‘s Lynn Collins will recur in Season 2 as Molly. She’ll first appear in Episode 6, when she’ll show up as the lady friend of a guy named Jake (played by Linds Edwards, whom Nashville fans may recognize as Rayna’s stalker, Carl). Jake is Riggs’ best friend from childhood, and — fun fact! — Edwards is a good pal of Lethal star Clayne Crawford’s; the two even worked together on Rectify. Molly will be around for a “bunch of episodes,” showrunner Matt Miller tells TVLine, so naturally, we wondered if she is a romantic interest for the grieving cop? “It doesn’t start out that way,” Miller says. “It may evolve.”

http://tvline.com/2017/08/23/this-is-us-season-2-spoilers-jack-kid-young-flashback/

Huh. Not about the series, but I just saw Rene Russo (Lorna Cole in the LW movies) in a commercial for an upcoming movie with Morgan Freeman and Tommy Lee Jones, and she still looks good! Looking at IMDB, she's 63 (!) now but still recognizable, i.e. aging gracefully and not Botoxed all to hell.

I thought she quit acting. Glad that doesn't seem to be the case.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Huh. Not about the series, but I just saw Rene Russo (Lorna Cole in the LW movies) in a commercial for an upcoming movie with Morgan Freeman and Tommy Lee Jones, and she still looks good! Looking at IMDB, she's 63 (!) now but still recognizable, i.e. aging gracefully and not Botoxed all to hell.

I thought she quit acting. Glad that doesn't seem to be the case.

Wasn't she in the Thor movies until very recently?

She's one of my favorite (since Lorna) and she's always been smoking hot. So thankful that she didn't become a wax doll like so many others (I blame the system here).

I remember the Blind Item but I did not think it was LW.  I almost wonder if I'd like the show without Riggs.  They've gone so dark with him this season and it hasn't been as enjoyable as season 1.   

• Love 1

Obviously we don’t know the details, but it seems as though networks are becoming much more attune to this stuff. Remember Thomas Gibson was fired almost right away from Criminial Minds not too long ago. We live in a new and, I suppose, welcome world.

12 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

Oh no. :( I check out blind gossip every so often, since the "me too" stuff, and one person guessed it was him, when I read it. What the hell??

He posted on instagram: "This article comes as a shock. I love each and every cast and crew member - and this is a great job. I would never jeopardize that for anyone. Actively exploring it's origin."

1 minute ago, Anela said:

Oh no. :( I check out blind gossip every so often, since the "me too" stuff, and one person guessed it was him, when I read it. What the hell??

I'm not sure it's sexual harassment, though. Official statements usually go for "inappropriate conduct" in such cases, here it was "emotional abuse" and "creating a hostile environment".

Hilarie Burton praised her experience on the LW set last fall, compared to her horrible experience on OTH. So, either he still kept himself in check back then. Either the cast, crew and producers shielded and protected her this time around. Or his assholery was limited to a category of people she doesn't belong to; for example he's horrible to crew members and not actors, and some of the cast refuse to share scenes with him out of solidarity for the crew.

13 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

I'm not sure it's sexual harassment, though. Official statements usually go for "inappropriate conduct" in such cases, here it was "emotional abuse" and "creating a hostile environment".

Hilarie Burton praised her experience on the LW set last fall, compared to her horrible experience on OTH. So, either he still kept himself in check back then. Either the cast, crew and producers shielded and protected her this time around. Or his assholery was limited to a category of people she doesn't belong to; for example he's horrible to crew members and not actors, and some of the cast refuse to share scenes with him out of solidarity for the crew.

I didn't think it was sexual harassment, that's just what got me into checking the site occasionally. I'm not sure I believe the comments - that site is depressing, and makes everything sound fake in Hollywood/music, which it can't be (not everything). 

• Love 1

Oh man, that really sucks. I hope it's not true. This show is never going to win any awards but it's enjoyable and I like the characters. The dynamic between Riggs and Murtagh is my favorite. I don't know if it would be the same if they recast him.

• Love 4

I doubt that any site, less an established one like Deadline, would go on the record with such a story if it wasn't true.

Imo, the network and producers let it become public to test the waters for a recast.

• Love 4

"

Anon • on Apr 23, 2018 12:26 pm

I just worked on an episode of Lethal with these guys, Clayne Crawford actually directed it. Now, I was only around for a week so I’m not sure what goes on when I’m not there- but I HAVE to say this- Clayne is honestly one of the nicest and most professional people I’ve met. I had to do a lot of stunts and he was super supportive and helpful and KIND at all times. That’s one of the things that stuck out about him- he went out of his way to make sure everyone was comfortable and took the time to learn everyone’s names. I never saw him lose his cool once. This article seems like a plant to me- maybe by Damon’s people. There was obvious tension between the two- but I feel Like this article is making Clayne look like the bad guy when that really didn’t seem like the case on set."

• Love 5

The first incident is extremely reminiscent of what got Thomas Gibson (Criminal Minds) his first strike.

I'm bummed because he seemed like a nice guy, and no one knows yet what actually happened, but the conspiracy theories are ridiculous. "A plant" "by Damon's people"? LOL. Next thing you know, the Russian bots did it.

What I want to know is, why didn't the producers and network immediately release a statement denying the allegations? Or admitting to those two incidents but denying that they were important enough to endanger the show? Why didn't they immediately put down the fire? They've already waited for too long. It's damaging to the brand, and the kind of scandal that turns people off.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 6

Yikes. I hope with whatever is going on,I hope at bare minimum they’re working towards keeping actors and stunt people safe.

I’m really bummed about this story. I like the wacky, crazy, over the top stunts of the once a week “movie” we get with this show. And with the craziness that Hilarie Burton dealt with on OTH, you would think that if there were shenanigans on this set, she wouldnt have returned to the show....

Do Clayne and Damon really not get along? If that’s true, I’m also bummed out. Their actors really sell their banter-y relationship. 

Edited by SnoGirl
  • Love 8

Studio appointed therapy after one reprimand?  Damn, how angry did he get?

Also some anon poster oh so casually tries to slide Damon Wayans under the bus?

Even if he isn't some rage monster, there is obviously some dysfunction on the set.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

Studio appointed therapy after one reprimand?  Damn, how angry did he get?

Also some anon poster oh so casually tries to slide Damon Wayans under the bus?

Even if he isn't some rage monster, there is obviously some dysfunction on the set.

After I'd posted that one comment that I saw, there was another at the bottom of the page, saying that Clayne was a problem on the episode that they worked on. 

I remember seeing instagram posts of them spending time together, but I haven't paid much attention to anything for a while. It is a shame if there's tension between them, because they looked like really good friends, and I do like the show. I wonder how angry he got, too - maybe that was the same episode that got him into trouble. The one mentioned by the second commenter. 

38 minutes ago, SweetTooth said:

"I'm sorry if my passion for doing good work..." is a non-apology. 

As a writer, I tend to closely examine the words people choose.

It's like, "I'm sorry you felt offended by what I did" as opposed to "I'm sorry for what I did."

I have no sides to pick, but this statement was quite self-serving and didn't seem as much of a mea culpa as much as a way to make him look like a saint just trying to do his job, while everyone around him is the bad guy.

Time will tell, but I agree that if his version of events were correct, why aren't the powers that be defending him against these accusations?

I don't know, but the other actors were posting "happy birthdays" to him, and Keesha Sharp said, "We love you, Boo!" 

• Love 1

I've seen a lot of people praise other places for Clayne for speaking out--with his #truth/the#truth but nothing he says disputes anything about the report.  It doesn't.  It's his defense for his reprimands Itt attempts to put a more favorable spin on the situation but it more or less endorses the rumored facts of the case in that he was reprimanded.  He probably has no insider knowledge whether or not his behavior would lead to his firing or cancellation of his series so he can't speak to that but oddly, if I read between the lines, the information he shares makes it even look worse.

Notice, he said that he has been reprimanded twice this season.  So we don't even know if these were his only two reprimands.

An HR reprimand after the first incident?  Giving the other person involved money at a studio's request? That's really vague.  Who was the other person involved and why did they need money?  It reads settlement to me.  Made to go to therapy after the first incident?

Then another incident happened which shows that the therapy didn't help.

"I only lose my shit because I love the show" is abuser's logic. I'm sure it makes sense to him but knowing what we know about studios, if they're considering cancelling or replacing him, it must be huge.  It's a solid performer for FOX.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7

http://deadline.com/2018/04/lethal-weapon-clayne-crawford-damon-wayans-turmoil-bad-blood-1202375855/

This just makes me sad. This show was one of a few I got attached to, two months after losing my mum. I hadn't even known that it was in production, and then I saw an advert on the Wednesday, just before leaving to walk the dogs, and get something to eat, so I rushed to the DVR to set it to record. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Anela said:

This just makes me sad.

Some details in there, like why I feel this show has been darker this season, were answered when it mentioned there was significant writer turnover. 

Interesting that one of the stars is a bit of a divo and other volatile.  What a mess.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 7

After such a great first season, it's sad that the BTS bullshit is potentially derailing the show.  If Deadline's reporting is true, it seems like the studio/EP/PTB need to have a talk with the actors and reps.  In the end, this is TV, and neither one is a big enough "star" to dictate terms.

It will be very interesting to see how this is handled, and if other media covers the story too.

• Love 5

Really disappointing to read. I did notice that there seemed to be something off with Riggs and Murtaugh this season but couldn't place my finger on it. Maybe it's a bit of the RL tension between the actors bleeding onto the screen? In any case, I wish everyone would get their act together, learn to be professional, and keep their egos in check, because I like the show and want a season three, damn it. 

• Love 8