Type keyword(s) to search

The Hot Stove: Pitch in the Media

Kevin Falls was on this podcast that's well worth a listen. The written portion on the site is only a small fraction of what he said, which included what being in limbo was like and the support they received from Fox, some season 2 plot lines they were considering, what the show meant in terms of empowering young girls, and perhaps some chances for closure down the line. 

https://theringer.com/pitch-return-unlikely-kevin-falls-ringer-mlb-show-interview-2389290ca5ff

• Love 1

I'm honestly not surprised that Fox tried their best to save the show.

I remember when Fringe wasn't getting great ratings, but Fox brought it back year after year, and then even gave it a shortened farewell season when they couldn't justify keeping it on the air for another whole season.

On 5/10/2017 at 2:18 PM, Maximum Taco said:

I'm honestly not surprised that Fox tried their best to save the show.

I remember when Fringe wasn't getting great ratings, but Fox brought it back year after year, and then even gave it a shortened farewell season when they couldn't justify keeping it on the air for another whole season.

So if Fox was trying to save the show, who actually  made the decision to cancel it?

• Love 4
15 hours ago, romantic idiot said:

This is why I hate it when shows on the bubble end of cliffhangers. It's just rude. 

Feel sorry for Kylie and I'll miss the music. 

Yeas. I want answers on the health of her arm. And what about her and Lawson?

• Love 1

I feel like this show never really found it's way. So I'm not surprised it got cancelled. 

That said, I think Kylie Bunbury may be okay. At least I hope she will be. Hollywood is a struggle for AA women, but she is extremely talented and have been continuously working since she was on Twisted, a few years ago. Hopefully she will continue to get great opportunities and she'll eventually land a show that becomes a success. 

(edited)
On 2017-05-13 at 9:34 PM, topanga said:

So if Fox was trying to save the show, who actually  made the decision to cancel it?

It was obviously Fox, but a different division of Fox. 

The show was cancelled by the network (Fox Broadcasting Company), who almost certainly couldn't justify keeping it on the air due to lack luster ratings and a near non-existent overseas appeal.

The show, however, was also produced and distributed by Fox (20th Century Fox Television) These guys are probably the ones who wanted to save the show and sought out alternative networks or streaming services to pick it up.

Edited by Maximum Taco
  • Love 1

Someone was in another forum commenting on The Orville, Fox's upcoming Seth McFarlane Star Trek spoof, and the person said, too bad that it was on Fox, that's where quality shows go to die.  The it occurred to me to come here and check on Pitch . . .

14 hours ago, Victura said:

Interview with Kevin Falls, who talks about the possibility of an epilogue episode and what he would've done differently. Sounds like he thinks moving it to a mid season show would have been helpful. They didn't even shoot an alternative ending because all the signals pointed to them coming back.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/16/pitch-goodbye-episode/

What’s next for you?
I’m going to build a time machine, convince Fox to move Pitch to midseason 2017 and then go back to 2007 and convince NBC to un-cancel the time travel show, Journeyman.

LOL -- I'm in!

• Love 5

Wow, the campaign to get Pitch renewed/picked up by another network went all out and flew a plane over the ATX Festival.

Unfortunately, as I suspected Hulu just isn't interested in picking up a show that only has one season of mediocre ratings. They want access to an extensive back catalogue before they start making new episodes.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/tv-network-presidents-talk-netflix-cancellations-1012058

• Love 2

I just watched a TV commercial with the actress who plays Evelyn, and it made me sad all over again. 

I think the marketing for the show was all wrong: debuting it during baseball season and the playoffs, making baseball fans their target audience (instead of doing more to attract female viewers, and people of color). Who knows? Maybe it still wouldn't have done well, but I hate knowing that a good show like Pitch didn't have a great rollout.

• Love 9