Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E15: Safe Passage

(edited)

Mary must leave France quickly and quietly in order to secure safe passage to Scotland. However, her exit will be put at risk if she chooses to assist Catherine, who's been framed for murder.

Promo:

Scene from the episode:

Edited by PinkRibbons
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, ulkis said:

Is that the season finale?

Not according to imdb, we have at least three more episodes after this one. I wouldn't rule out a shortened season though, considering that insane break they took.

46 minutes ago, PinkRibbons said:

Not according to imdb, we have at least three more episodes after this one. I wouldn't rule out a shortened season though, considering that insane break they took.

thanks, I was just wondering because I looked up what the episodes were after this one and no new ones seem to be airing in the next two weeks after this one. Maybe they'll air later in the summer.

I liked the last scene between Bash and Catherine. They were way too cozy for my tastes. I just wished Catherine had stopped him from choking her by summoning a guard or something, he had too much of the power for me in that scene. And I didn't realize he thought Diane had gone away. I was wondering about that.

I hope Bash goes to find Kenna after helping Mary in Scotland.

Oh, I don't need to see her. But I liked her and Bash a lot in season 1 and when he goes I wouldn't mind him in off screen land with her.

I watched the scene with Bash and Catherine again. "Her body's in the sea." Freaking cold, Catherine. 

Eh, I'm with Catherine on murdering Diane. I don't think there is any level of cold that can equal murdering those babies. She should have screamed for the guards and the fact that she didn't is in my view the most apology she can ever give Bash. What happened was between her and Diane. Alrhough I thought it was interesting that last shot of Catherine standing on the the intertwined H and D -- like that affair with Henri (which was the source of probably the largest amount of her problems) will never leave her.

I don't like Claude and Charles should know by now that he is a fuck-up, so I was like, "suck it up, take one for the team and let it go. You mom's done worse for a lot less." I'm cold, but I feel like the two of them are stuck in this endless cycle of teenage self-righteousness that won't let them see a bigger picture. Mary was like that for a while and it drove me crazy.

I didn't care for the draaaaging out of Mary leaving because I really loved the reprise of "Scotland" by the Lumineers and her taking out that sword Francis made for her. Whoever directed this episode was big into imagery and symbolism, when she was departing French Court Mary was clearly wearing the cloak she wore on arriving at French Court in the pilot. I was even hoping that we would see the decorative stones on the sword that Mary brought to Francis in the pilot, but that might have been too much to ask for. Anyway, I wanted her to leave with that. I suppose the show had to give her one last chance to be a Big Damn Queen, because let's talk about symbolism again; that storm overwhelming her is a pretty clear metaphor for what awaits her in Scotland. She thinks she can deal with what's coming, but she's walking into something that will overtake her and finish her off. Also, the peacock design on her neck in many scenes this episode made me nervous, as peacock feathers are bad luck.

I know it would have been maudlin and not particularly well backed up since they have such a rocky past, but I wanted Mary to call Catherine "Mother" at least once before she left. I would have straight-up bawled.

• Love 4

I don't think Catherine was cold about the murder itself but just saying it to Bash. He's been good to her when she was never that kind to him until recently and he wasn't even blaming her until she said that line. And it wasn't even the line that was so bad, it was her tone. All he wanted to do was bury her, but the way she replied to him, it was like she was trying to piss him off.

I don't mind though. Like I said, they were way too friendly for my tastes before this.

I noticed Catherine standing before the H/D emblem too.

because I really loved the reprise of "Scotland" by the Lumineers and her taking out that sword Francis made for her.

Yeah, I liked that a lot as well.

It's amazing how believable they've made the Catherine/Mary relationship considering how many times Catherine tried to kill her, heh. I think it would be cool if the last scene of the series was Catherine receiving the news of Mary's execution.

I liked Lola giving advice to Elizabeth, as well.

• Love 2

Awww, we now truly know what Reign's true love story is - Mary and Catherine!  I loved every single scene with the two if them and it makes me sad to think they will never share a screen again.  

Mary riding to the rescue bordered on cheesy as hell, but I loved it, and especially Mary being so striking with the white horse, her fierce white coat and the new sword.  I did feel quite sad for her when she had her farewell with Bash - she was so alone.  So even though Bash's re-emerged feelings causes plenty of eye rolling, I'm happy to she has someone with her.  And adding Narcisse was a fun move.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 4:39 AM, PinkRibbons said:

What happened was between her and Diane. Alrhough I thought it was interesting that last shot of Catherine standing on the the intertwined H and D -- like that affair with Henri (which was the source of probably the largest amount of her problems) will never leave her.

I'm still kind of annoyed that the show made Diane so weak sauce. As an historical woman her story is extremely interesting and whilst her and Catherine's relationship was a clusterfuck it was actually a more interesting clusterfuck than showed up on screen. (History credits here with Henri and Catherine managing to have legitimate kids she wouldn't want to murder them). It could have been an interesting stand off between her and Catherine and Mary, showing women and power and sex in all angles of the period. Instead we got 3/4th of a season of Kenna whining and bringing insanely negative game to the "you win or you die" game of court politics.

Does anyone know why Caitlin Stasey left?

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 2

It just occurred to me that if Catherine hadn't paid that guy to slap Claude, Claude would still be married to him. Maybe she should remember that the next time she goes to sleep with Leith.

3 hours ago, Featherhat said:

From what I heard, she was very outspoken about how disgusted she was with the Mary's rape storyline. I do not think she left so much as was kicked out. Take that with a grain of salt though, it's hearsay and I don't have any proof to link you.

• Love 1
On 5/25/2016 at 5:53 PM, Featherhat said:

I'm still kind of annoyed that the show made Diane so weak sauce. As an historical woman her story is extremely interesting and whilst her and Catherine's relationship was a clusterfuck it was actually a more interesting clusterfuck than showed up on screen. (History credits here with Henri and Catherine managing to have legitimate kids she wouldn't want to murder them). It could have been an interesting stand off between her and Catherine and Mary, showing women and power and sex in all angles of the period. Instead we got 3/4th of a season of Kenna whining and bringing insanely negative game to the "you win or you die" game of court politics.

Agreed. I usually don't have much interest in Diane, but the show had a rare opportunity to portray an actual loving relationship between a factual much older woman/younger man pairing and they squandered it. It would have been interesting to see.