Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Shiva - Pre-Air Speculation and Live Chat

• Start Topic

Here is your Pre-Air Discussion and Live Chat thread for S02.E07: Shiva. This thread will open at Friday May 20th at 5:00 pm

Once this thread locks, head on over to the episode thread to continue discussion --> S02.E07: Shiva.

DO NOT post spoilers and DO NOT discuss the Walking Dead. To discuss the more popular Dead, go HERE.

As always, be civil and be respectful, but always have fun!!

• Love 1

Interesting choice of episode title. In Hinduism Shiva is the god who destroys the world so that it may be re-made. given that last weeks title was from the Old Testament then it's likely that the title also refers to Shiva the Jewish period of mourning for a close family member.

• Love 2

I predict Madison will make a face like she's smelling a fart, Travis and Madison will be unable to communicate like normal adults, and I will be bored. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

Thanks. I'm really kind of surprised.

Down to the ratings i suppose, if people watch it then they'll make more, personally i think though it has its faults it's no where near as bad as the majority opinion on here makes out. At this point on TWD they'd burned through a couple of show runners already, were stuck in the interminable plot quagmire that was Herschel's farm and the show still featured the single most appalling human being ever depicted on any television show anywhere, Lori Grimes. And yet loads of people, me included, watched it, so they made some more. I'd far rather watch this show than sit through season two of TWD again, i'm sure there were three whole episodes devoted to the hand wringing over what do do about that guy rick pulled of the railing spike.

14 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

Maybe this finale will dispose of some of the more annoying, unbelievable characters... 

Possibly, it's the mid season finale and the sister show has killed off more people than smallpox so a major character death could be seen as well overdue. The episode title hints at mourning for a close family member, but that could refer to Thomas. So far this show has concentrated on the character development more than the comic book ultra violence, the drama has come from the conflict in the family relationship, if they kill some of those characters off then it destroys the balance. depends if they're done with that story line and intend to go in a different direction.

• Love 1
(edited)

This is just the end of the 1st half of season 2, is that correct?   Then sometime later this year, we get blessed (ha) with the 2nd half?

ETA:  It looks like BasilSeal already answered my question.  :)  

Edited by MostlyContent

I am looking forward to the mid season finale. I hope I don't have to watch Talking Dead or scour the Internet to figure out the plot. This show is annoying when it doesn't show key events in the story. Last week , they didn't show the gun battle between Luis & the Border Patrol.

7 minutes ago, oakville said:

I am looking forward to the mid season finale. I hope I don't have to watch Talking Dead or scour the Internet to figure out the plot. This show is annoying when it doesn't show key events in the story. Last week , they didn't show the gun battle between Luis & the Border Patrol.

It is strange that elements are introduced and then fall by the wayside so randomly. For example, Nick's addiction seems to have randomly been lifted and he's become one of the more responsible characters. Maybe there is way more to come in Strands story, but it seems like he was being presented as this sociopathic evil genius villain and now it turns out that he is a tragic, romantic figure.  Of course reality is random too, I guess, but I think I was expecting a more cohesive plot.

I will say that the actor playing Nick has not been a disappointment, he's done a great job, imo.

• Love 3

Okay, let's review.  I'm still sure Celia is a faithful retainer who became close with the family after years of service.  What's with all the mi casa es no su casa?

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

It is strange that elements are introduced and then fall by the wayside so randomly. For example, Nick's addiction seems to have randomly been lifted and he's become one of the more responsible characters. Maybe there is way more to come in Strands story, but it seems like he was being presented as this sociopathic evil genius villain and now it turns out that he is a tragic, romantic figure.  Of course reality is random too, I guess, but I think I was expecting a more cohesive plot.

I will say that the actor playing Nick has not been a disappointment, he's done a great job, imo.

Agreed. Nick is fine now with no relapses. Chris is acting like a fool  threatening Alicia. Travis is oblivious to the situation. Daniel is having the some flashbacks.

1 minute ago, riverheightsnancy said:

What happened to Travis' foot?     Nick, back to the Halloween costume! 

They didn't show him getting injured. :(((( I guess I have to wait till the Talking Dead to find out what happened.

• Love 3