Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Twenty Years Ago Today

• Start Topic

Oh man.

I'm a bit behind with these podcasts, and last night, to get some relief from my sorrow and dismay about the Orlando shooting, I decided to listen to a couple of episodes of Again With This. They'll cheer me up, I thought. The two episodes I listened to were this one and the one before ... which of course have the 'Dylan gets a gun' storyline. D'oh.

Tara's fury at the stupid wedding present and the repeated 'DAVID!' soundgrab did give me a few laughs, though, so thanks for those bits. :(

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 9:40 AM, Klaw said:

Wasn't that around the age you were knocking up girls in Paris

This is the second time today I've read something referencing Dylan knocking up someone in Paris.  When did we learn about this?  I've seen all the episodes 10 million times (thanks Soap Network!) and don't recall this at all.

It was mentioned in episode two or three when Brenda was talking to Brandon. I think her new pal Kelly told her. 

Dylan was kinda the Rhett Butler of the series with the same sinister romantic back stories, mega bucks, and dubious connections. If Rhett Butler had an 21 inch waist and was 30 years younger. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

So he knocked up someone when he was what, 11? 12?  Not entirely impossible, but they really didn't think through their back stories enough did they.  As scrawny as Dylan is now, I imagine 12 year old him to look like one of those starving kids.  Not sexy at all. 

On 5/16/2016 at 10:11 AM, txhorns79 said:

Brandon, the only reason you should ever break into someone's home is if there is an emergency situation, or the home owner has otherwise told you that it was okay.  Needing to retrieve your parents' anniversary gift is not an emergency, and in no way justifies breaking into someone's home.  More to the point, was Brandon just planning on leaving Dylan's house open to actual thieves had no one been there after he took the gift?  

That entire scene is full of Brandon asshattery - - from the screeching down Dylan's street to jumping out of the convertible without using the door to deciding to break and enter his friend's house because he's a tool for leaving his parents' anniversary present there.

I had to laugh over Bran the Man telling Dylan that a house alarm would be better.  Yeah, Brandon, so that when you busted out that glass pane, the alarm would go off, the cops would show up and arrest your sorry and stupid ass for B&E.  Oh, the missed opportunities.

I can't stand the Brandon-Lucinda b.s.  Like Lucinda would be going crazy for twig-armed Brandon.

Since starting the listen to these podcasts - - which are fuckawesome - - anytime season 4 Ohhhhhhhndrea questions something (i.e., I'm not sure why . . . ) I always answer "Because you're fucking pregnant!"  It completes my life.  Can't wait for the episode where 15  months pregnant GC as Ohhhhhhndrea is wondering why she isn't feeling well.  Maybe because you have a fetus residing in your uterus? 

• Love 4
On 6/11/2016 at 1:05 AM, AndySmith said:

There was Rocky, who died, and then Rocky II, who just...disappeared.

I believe Rocky II went to live with Donna's parents (real responsible pet ownership, Donna, you get a puppy and then foist him off on someone else); there's a scene in Season 5 with Donna and Ray (? or Griffin) walking a dog after dinner with her parents.

20 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

I can't stand the Brandon-Lucinda b.s.  Like Lucinda would be going crazy for twig-armed Brandon.

I seriously don't get it. Between Lucinda and Claire, there's a lot of bizarre desperation for Brando in Season 4. Why the hell would a worldly, exotic (by her own claim) woman like Lucinda be so hard up for a bland dillhole like Brandon? Why the hell would wildchild Claire want to bone the Chancellor's Lackey so badly?

Why the hell would wildchild Claire want to bone the Chancellor's Lackey so badly?

I chalk it up to daddy issues.  Claire had some serious daddy issues with her mom dying so young and how invested she was in her dad's relationship with Steve's mom.  She also wouldn't let him go to Paris without her when they graduated from college. 

Apparently every female between 17 and 40 in Beverly Hills wanted a piece of Brandon - - because some judgmental, pint sized bray-or with a shelf of hair, a big honking watch and never ending pocket pool is such a prize.   (And maybe because Dylan was busy?)

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I can see Claire's desire. Agreed she's nuts about Daddy, and perhaps has some attention seeking tendencies.  I'm sure "conquering" Brandon would be a huge win for her.

I have been thinking about the student-teacher relationship lately and realizing how incredibly predatory it is.  While it's often seen as a fantasy, I think that Lucinda shows how creepy it is. 

What I don't get is why Kelly is ok with screwing him after he's been in between both of these ladies (he didn't sleep with Claire, right?) 

I never got the Brandon love.  Sadly, as a kid, I did think Dylan was very cute though.  Now, he just looks like a mopey dope.  As an adult, I would say it's that guy who worked on the Blaze that liked Andrea (the virgin), Jordan Bonner, or Tony Miller.  None of the gang at all!

• Love 1
On 5/16/2016 at 1:11 PM, txhorns79 said:

Brandon, the only reason you should ever break into someone's home is if there is an emergency situation, or the home owner has otherwise told you that it was okay.  Needing to retrieve your parents' anniversary gift is not an emergency, and in no way justifies breaking into someone's home.  More to the point, was Brandon just planning on leaving Dylan's house open to actual thieves had no one been there after he took the gift?  

Brandon was irresponsible for breaking into Dylan's house to get the anniversary gift.

How is it possible that Dylan knew Stuart from "the scene'? He is much younger than him.

I am enjoying re watching this series.

33 minutes ago, oakville said:

Brandon was irresponsible for breaking into Dylan's house to get the anniversary gift.

How is it possible that Dylan knew Stuart from "the scene'? He is much younger than him.

I am enjoying re watching this series.

I hateee when a character on a show is 16 and has such a long history of partying and sex behind them . Happens with 1 character on each show ( Dylan , Serena from gossip girl , Jen from Dawson’s creek , Brooke, Nathan one tree hill , etc ) . Are there real 16 year olds who are more advanced in those ways than others ? Of course . But not to the extent of , “ I’ve been partying in big time clubs in NYC since I was 12 and can’t even remember the amount of people I slept with .” Just no . 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 5/18/2016 at 12:40 PM, Klaw said:

And the speech about "don't hurt Brenda or..." Oh, have all the seats mister Summer of Deception. You're the only one who can hurt her? Dick. UGH!!!

FUCK YOUUUUUUUU DYLAN. As soon as he started that sanctimonious speech, I wanted to throw something at him. He has absolutely no moral high ground whatsoever.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, CeeBeeGee said:

FUCK YOUUUUUUUU DYLAN. As soon as he started that sanctimonious speech, I wanted to throw something at him. He has absolutely no moral high ground whatsoever.

I really wish Stuart had responded with "You mean like cheat on her with her best friend?" and walked away.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 5/16/2016 at 1:11 PM, txhorns79 said:

Thank you!! Because what the actual fuck and that Brandon knows Dylan is going through it due to the car-jacking and still decides to break into his house? In an era before cell phones? You Walsh people. Brenda forever will be the only Walsh I fuck with, her moving away and never returning is precisely what I'd do if I were saddled to her fakakta family.