Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Confessions and Polygamy Perks

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Also Meri, if you are trying to make your relationship better with Janelle maybe you should try to be a bit less bitchy in your TH's. Just a thought.

Exactly! I never understand on shows like this when people "make up" and then continue to snark on one another in "private". You know they're going to see that, right?

16 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I do not have any further info on her, but I just assumed that she was still in college (though was this filmed in the summer?) and just moved home while still attending. I wondered if it was just for the summer that she moved home and maybe she would move back in the fall since Christine did say their lease was up. It could be a cost cutting measure or she could be moving into a sorority house or a new apartment come fall.

Yea, I don't think anyone mentioned Aspyn quitting school. She attends UNLV like Logan, right? So it's quite possible she is moving home because it's cheaper. Or maybe just for the summer. But they've given no indication that she dropped out.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Or C) they told her she could only move out of her mom's place if she moved in with Robyn to help her and told the TV people it was her idea

It's all so weird, though.  We sat through a horribly uncomfortable episode last week where Meri tells everyone how lonely she is, how she rattles around in that big ol' house all by her lonesome (except on special Kody days), and this is why she wandered away from the pack and almost got eaten by a Catfish.  So then, Aspyn needs a place to live, and she chooses...Robyn?!  Perpetual frowny-face Robyn, who is soooooo busy raising her kids and running MSWC that she has live-in help?  This has to be scripted.  If Aspyn didn't want to move back in with her mom and end up mothering her younger siblings, what does she think is going to happen at Robyn's?  AuroraBrianna are going to be all over Aspyn, plus with entitled King Sol and a new baby, Robyn's place seems like the last place one would go to not have to mother children that aren't hers.  And here's poor Meri, with 18 empty bedrooms in her mansion.  Makes no sense.

• Love 5

Not that I'm too sure of the timeline since Meri admitted that she'd been 'catfished' (AKA had at very least an emotional affair and was willing to run off with him*oops*her), but perhaps Christine, and the rest of the family, did not think it appropriate that Aspyn live with Meri. 

You can tell that Janelle thinks the whole 'catfish' thing is bullshit.   She gets it.  Orange-turtle face was cheating on Kodi.  Period.  Done.  Luckily for Meri, Janelle is trying to make poor Meri feel a part of it all again.  Unluckily for Janelle, when Meri isn't being aggressive/aggressive....she's being passive/aggressive.  And orange.   

I think the whole 'Aspyn is living with Robyn' thing is a temporary stop-gap until Aspyn moves shortly back to school or whatever because *nobody* trusts Meri.  I certainly wouldn't let my daughter stay a while with a woman who is loudly proclaiming that her house might be bugged!  Might run off and not be with the family soon!  On the phone texting constantly!  Having such a hard time and it's all everybody else's fault!

I am enjoying Ms Robyn's fall from grace.  :)   The mister seems to be having a lot more to do with Janelle and Christine lately, and very much enjoying it.   

• Love 16
(edited)

Haven't watched yet, but Aspyn have picked Robyn because she is good friends with the niece, Mindy or whatever her name is?  And I bet it is short term.

ETA:  I can believe that Aspyn prefers Robyn.  Robyn is younger than the other wives, and possibly cooler in Aspyn's opinion.  Maybe she has found it easier to talk to Robyn and she doesn't want to slip back into the role she had in her mother's house.  In any case, it won't take long for AuroraBrianaKingSol to drive her crazy and she will be looking for somewhere else to live.  I'd pick Janelle if I was her.  She can have Maddie's room, and Janelle won't monitor her life.

I'd bet this is happening because the Brown's can't afford to fund that apartment anymore for those two girls.  Logan probably lives with other guys and has a part-time job, and besides Janelle will make sure he is okay.  The bottom line is that their big plans to send off these kids to college is not affordable at all.  If any of the other kids go to college, they will be living at home and probably starting with community college.

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, MostlyContent said:

Not that I'm too sure of the timeline since Meri admitted that she'd been 'catfished' (AKA had at very least an emotional affair and was willing to run off with him*oops*her), but perhaps Christine, and the rest of the family, did not think it appropriate that Aspyn live with Meri. 

That's a good point. Her judgment has definitely been proven faulty. Even if the whole "affair" is over, who knows what else she might get up to. 

I hated that Janelle, who is budget-conscious, didn't rush into buying the wreath, while Meri, whose pile o'money is less divided urged her to get it.  And even more hated the FU Internet Kody hugging Christine, when last year he couldn't even look at her.  UGH UGH UGH

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MostlyContent said:

Orange-turtle face was cheating on Kodi.  Period.  Done.

Exactly, all this crying about "lies and evil" is so ridiculous. Meri was tricked, true, but she wasn't possessed by the devil and forced to start an emotional affair. 

• Love 8

I've been lurking for awhile and decided to finally jump in ?.

So I was thinking about something and wonder what others might think...

I recall a few seasons ago?? When Meri was talking with Kody about trying to have another baby...and she was finally wanting to go ahead and try and he basically shut it down and said no he wouldn't try any IVF or whatever. I wonder if that started the spiral down. Like if he had agreed and they were able to actually have another baby, she would have more reason to be involved in the family. She would still be connected and also have someone who needed her attention. At the time I agreed with Kody about it because he has so many kids already and still has Robyn to birth some more Brown babies...but maybe that was something she really did need. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Ok this episode was  a hot mess all over the place.

1. Why would you have a baby shower for baby #2 (Brown) but Sobyn baby #5??? Are not baby showers usually reserved for baby 1? 

2. I agree with the above posters in regards to Aspyn. Catfished or not. Logically speaking the best house would have been Meri or Janelle because neither of them would have given a rats ass what Aspyn would have been doing. She doesn't need a mother or guardian. She just needs a roof over her head. Meri if she didn't offer just goes to the point she likes playing the martyr (poor me, big house, no one here. nothing to do except tan and scrapbook. oh got catfished).  If she just got a JOB or did some volunteer work she wouldn't be so detached from life. The whole making up with Janelle is a bunch of bull for tv time.  Some people just don't click no matter if you try.  The best they can do is just be civil to each other, live and let live the past and move forward.

3. Did Sobyn show Christine how to give King Kodouche blow jobs or something? Seems that not only have Sobyn and Christine grown closer but Kodouche actually is enjoying her company.  That or she is on some major happy drugs.

• Love 4

Never can figure out the weather.  Teen girls are in shorts, grownups is sweaters and jackets and scarves. I do think it is hard for Christine to think of kids leaving the nest. Janelle admits Christine helped raise her children. I think she has a bond with all of the older kids. Boy Hunter couldn't give a darn about all of this now, all he wanted was food.  Logan too acts like he doesn't care. I see the Gravy Train loading up....  I don't even know which middle kid is which these days. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

It's all so weird, though.  We sat through a horribly uncomfortable episode last week where Meri tells everyone how lonely she is, how she rattles around in that big ol' house all by her lonesome (except on special Kody days), and this is why she wandered away from the pack and almost got eaten by a Catfish.  So then, Aspyn needs a place to live, and she chooses...Robyn?!  Perpetual frowny-face Robyn, who is soooooo busy raising her kids and running MSWC that she has live-in help?  This has to be scripted.  If Aspyn didn't want to move back in with her mom and end up mothering her younger siblings, what does she think is going to happen at Robyn's?  AuroraBrianna are going to be all over Aspyn, plus with entitled King Sol and a new baby, Robyn's place seems like the last place one would go to not have to mother children that aren't hers.  And here's poor Meri, with 18 empty bedrooms in her mansion.  Makes no sense.

Exactly. This is why I'm sure the "adults" told her that if she wanted to live in a different house it had to be Robyn and she had to act happy about it. It makes no sense at all unless you assume Robyn demanded it to have another set of hands to "help" her - where "help" means to do all the work for her. Her live in person is a sister or cousin or something like that, right? I bet there is a bit of a need to treat that person like an equal or at least not totally boss her around. Where as Robyn probably figures she can tell Aspyn to do whatever she wants because she's her "Sister Mom'. 

48 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Seems that not only have Sobyn and Christine grown closer but Kodouche actually is enjoying her company.  That or she is on some major happy drugs.

I have a feeling that at that particular time, Christine was the only wife with whom he was being intimate.  Meri was most likely off the schedule; Janelle probably hasn't been in the mood since Savannah was conceived and Robyn was around six months pregnant. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

1. Why would you have a baby shower for baby #2 (Brown) but Sobyn baby #5??? Are not baby showers usually reserved for baby 1?

Plenty of people have baby showers for subsequent children. A baby is a celebration, even if you already have others. Sometimes when people don't need anything, they just have a "diaper shower" or just gather for the games and fun. *shrug* I don't see it as a big deal. But we all know the Browns love a party. They won't let a week go by without finding a reason for tacky decorations and flash mob dances. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Jenilane6 said:

I hated that Janelle, who is budget-conscious, didn't rush into buying the wreath, while Meri, whose pile o'money is less divided urged her to get it.  And even more hated the FU Internet Kody hugging Christine, when last year he couldn't even look at her.  UGH UGH UGH

And whassup with Robyn buying Cody a $1000 ginormous bright gold watch??

Uhhhhh..that was odd.

But how utterly priceless that he tried to pawn it to get Christine a new tv!! Lolololol

Edited by Christi
  • Love 6

To me, it's obvious that Meri has some deep, unresolved emotional scars related to her secondary infertility.  I know because I went through some similar struggles when my husband and I were building our family.  It's very difficult and can really take a toll on you emotionally.  Only difference is I didn't have to grin and bear it as my husband knocked up other women a dozen plus times.  How awful that your ability to procreate is valued above all else in the polygamy culture.  And now, even the "new" wife has more children with Kody than Meri does, further cheapening her "worth" in the family.  

I think Meri saw the catfish thing as finally her out from years of being unhappy and depressed.  She was so ready to move on.  When it all blew up, she was left not only hurt and embarrassed, but also mourning the fact that she's basically stuck with these people for the foreseeable future.  Any hope for a better life seems over now.  And the misery of it is written all over her face.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Jenilane6 said:

Yeah, Ill never forget the boat building episode, which gave a true insight into Kody's resentment of Christine. You could cut the tension with a giant knife, and he knew it was being filmed. I can only imagine how fun he is when the cameras are gone

• Love 2
2 hours ago, greekmom said:

Ok this episode was  a hot mess all over the place.

3. Did Sobyn show Christine how to give King Kodouche blow jobs or something? Seems that not only have Sobyn and Christine grown closer but Kodouche actually is enjoying her company.  That or she is on some major happy drugs.

Re Baby Showers, most people I know have a baby shower for each baby.  Yeah, you can pass down changing tables and furniture, but things like

diapers, clothes, bottles etc are always needed as they don't last long. I wouldn't begrudge anyone a baby shower. 

And obviously the super hot 2nd honeymoon with the therapist in tow did rekindle the romance.  Or, more likely, Christine is on anti-depressants.  And Meri pulling her stunt probably made everyone else look good in comparison.  I mean, can you honestly compare being bitchy or wanting your husband to spend more time with your kids to having a very public emotional online affair?  The catfish is probably the best thing to happen to Janelle, Christine, and Robyn's marriages ever. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

I loved college ( Sparty on! ),

4 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Go Green!

I knew I found my people here! MSU alumni here.

4 hours ago, auntl said:

I hate that Aspyn is going to Robyn's. I don't want Robyn to get one more ounce of validation/importance in that family

That was my first thought too. Is it wrong that I was hoping the older kids despised her?

• Love 2

Taking a little time away from school at that age *can* be a good thing for some people.  When I was 18, I left home for college and completely blew it my first semester.  I wasted my time and my parents' money.  I knew I needed a break from school so I sat out a year and worked full time.  That year really opened my eyes to a lot of things in the outside world away from school and I was able to get my head straight.  When I went back to school, I was way more motivated and got so much more out of it.  That being said, leaving school to get married and/or have kids is a different deal and I can see where that makes it much harder to go back.  

• Love 5

This is sort of apropos of nothing, but the thought occurred to me that Christine seems to really find enjoyment in planning the celebrations and parties that their family has, and seems to do a great job at it. She could probably get work as some sort of party planner, especially if she capitalizes on her visibility from the show to get clients. It would suit her so much more than real estate.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

How many bedrooms does Robyn have?  She needs one for Dayton, one for her, one for the girls, one for Solomon, one for the niece and now one for Aspyn?  Six bedrooms?

Robyn is too pretty to cook so they probably made that useless kitchen into a guest bedroom.

• Love 11

Finally finished watching this show.  Thank goodness for Christine--she brings a little life to the party!  She seems much happier these days so I'm glad she got some good meds... Or maybe the bloom is off the rose between Kody-baby and Sobbin' Robyn.

I thought the Meri/Janelle therapy plotline is about the most honest thing I have seen on the show.  I can see how they are so different and maybe Janelle needs to find herself a sense of humor over their differences.  I think they both have had a wake-up call recently.  Meri realizes that happiness may not be at the end of the rainbow and maybe she better find it where she is.  Janelle sees her children rapidly leaving home and realizes that her future lies with her sister moms and Kody.  It won't be too long until Janelle is an empty nester like Meri and this is the future...four women with Kody and hopefully many visits by kids and grandkids.

They still need to figure out their finances, however.  Easy for Meri to buy a wreath when she has income equal to the others.  Janelle is trying to bring in money, but I don't think she will happily carry the family in the future as she used to do on one income.  Time for Princess Meri to find herself a job.  She would do well in retail and she could use the excuse of needing to get out of the house.

• Love 4
On May 16, 2016 at 9:29 PM, I8A 4RE said:

Ten minutes in, we got our first mention of DayunRoraAnBriana. I hate it so much. 

But speaking of-why weren't Robyn or any of her children at the family get together that Garrison called for his news? Even Christine's mother was there. Weird. 

Oh! AndI did hear Janelle say she married Meri's brother and it only lasted about 11 months. 

I also thought it was strange not to see Robyn's kids. I fast forward through some so I thought maybe I have missed them, but I don't recall seeing them in last weeks episode either. Maybe they figured we had enough after last seasons adoption nonsense. 

(edited)
14 hours ago, MoodyGirl said:

I also thought it was strange not to see Robyn's kids. I fast forward through some so I thought maybe I have missed them, but I don't recall seeing them in last weeks episode either. Maybe they figured we had enough after last seasons adoption nonsense. 

This is so terrible to say, but here goes:  Dayton was probably getting some peace and quiet, Solomon was taking a nap, and Aurora and Brianna were having hysterical reunions with the mailman, pest control guy, paper boy, etc.  Those girls, Aurora in particular, remind me of the old lady in Good Times, who goes to funerals of strangers and has a big sobbing scene.  I actually think it's pretty genuine, but for their own good, someone needs to have a little talk with them.

Edited by RedheadZombie
migraine-induced bad grammar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, gardendiva said:

This is sort of apropos of nothing, but the thought occurred to me that Christine seems to really find enjoyment in planning the celebrations and parties that their family has, and seems to do a great job at it. She could probably get work as some sort of party planner, especially if she capitalizes on her visibility from the show to get clients. It would suit her so much more than real estate.

I agree. But, if I recall, she rejected her budding real estate career because she would actually have to work and, specifically, work on weekends. 

I may be misremembering that. Whatever it was, it was lame and in character for a lazy Brown.

• Love 8

You're probably right, RealityCowgirl. She seems to get enjoyment out of planning parties when it is for her family and on her terms, but once she does it for pay, then it would be too much like work.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, gardendiva said:

You're probably right, RealityCowgirl. She seems to get enjoyment out of planning parties when it is for her family and on her terms, but once she does it for pay, then it would be too much like work.

Exactly, especially once she discovered that most people have parties on weekends.

Between Christine not wanting to go into real estate because she'd have to work nights and weekends, and Aspyn not wanting to go into education because she doesn't want to student-teach...I mean, what reality does this family live in?  Do they really see themselves as super speshul snowflakes or what?

• Love 3

This episode was another big snooze-fest, even worse than last week!  Thank GAWWWD they're going back to the one hour format next week.  I had to spread this out over 2 nights and drink strong coffee just to stay awake!  Why do I do this to myself???

I got to wondering this morning, though, if the reason Aspyn chose to live with Robin is that the rumors about Meri selling the house are true and she couldn't live there.  The shots of Meri sitting in that empty house all by herself gave me the chills.  It looked so neat and spotless too.  I just wonder....Does SHE even live there anymore?  I know she wants to continue her relationship with the other women but she doesn't need to be living there to do it.

I guess the "polygamy perk" was supposed to be that you get to live with a different "mother" who doesn't remind you so much of your own that you want to find your own place.  Since when is that even a "perk" for polygamists?  Don't they all usually share one house?

Janelle is probably just "taking one for the team" by humoring Meri about wanting to be friendly with her.  Plus she probably does feel a little sorry for her.  It just blew my mind that after something like 25 years they're just realizing that they should appreciate each others' differences.  Yikes, if I didn't realize that soon into my marriage I wouldn't have lasted with him this long!

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Exactly, especially once she discovered that most people have parties on weekends.

Between Christine not wanting to go into real estate because she'd have to work nights and weekends, and Aspyn not wanting to go into education because she doesn't want to student-teach...I mean, what reality does this family live in?  Do they really see themselves as super speshul snowflakes or what?

I think these people have grown too used to the TLC money, so they think "why should I have to work"?  And if they don't think they have to work why should they have to go to school?  They probably think that they'll be able to squeeze another several seasons out of the show like "Little People" have.  But I don't think they should be too confident about that.  This season has bored me to death so far.  I can't be the only one.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 2
On May 16, 2016 at 10:09 PM, Adeejay said:

If I were a betting woman, I'd bet that "Aspyn didn't want to live with Meri."  I distinctively remember Meri giving Mykelti quite a dress down for wearing what she considered an inappropriate top. 

Yeah I wouldn't guess that's the reason though. From what they've all said, they all mother all the kids, including discipline if the birth mother isn't around. She told Mykelti to change her shirt, not beat Myklti and Aspyn with a wire hanger. Though I wouldn't put it past Meri to do that. 

50 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Yeah I wouldn't guess that's the reason though. From what they've all said, they all mother all the kids, including discipline if the birth mother isn't around. She told Mykelti to change her shirt, not beat Myklti and Aspyn with a wire hanger.

I bet Christine appreciated whatever discipline the other mothers contributed with Mykelti.  Christine has said multiple times that Mykelti is the one that keeps her up at night - more than the rest of the kids combined (and I bet she means all 20-something).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Christina said:

Robyn's older kids were probably on their summer visitation with their dad. 

Indeed. The man who is so vile she had to go to court to take the kids away from him so Kody could adopt them. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Christina said:

I thought the same thing, but last season was all about what a rotten person their dad is.  Excuse me, biological dad.  Kody is their dad now and Robyn has that BEAUTIFUL PICTURE TO PROVE IT!!  So it must be so.  

These people.  

• Love 5

I feel like Christine has "new life" this season - she looks good and seems much happier. Robyn is pregnant, Meri is having her issues....maybe Janelle and Christine are getting more attention. 

I think Meri is probably tarnished now - in the eyes of the family - and Aspyn was not allowed to live with her.  Bad influence! 

Maybe the ratings are low because the shows are 2 flippin' hours. 

I really like seeing the young adult kids get out of Dodge. It creeps me out thinking they will come back. Run away from Juniper Creek, kids! 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Christina said:

Would Robyn's kids (sorry, Robyn and Kody's kids)  have visitation with him since he's no longer legally their father? Wasn't the birth certificate even changed? I assumed he relinquished all rights. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Christina said:

When Janelle and Meri went shopping for a wreath, they didn't specify if it was for Thanksgiving or Christmas, so I am guessing it was late November or early December. Given the blow back from that infamous photograph of Kody and Robyn kids, and complaints that he seems to favor them over his own children, they've probably decided to limit their camera time. 

5 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

When Janelle and Meri went shopping for a wreath, they didn't specify if it was for Thanksgiving or Christmas, so I am guessing it was late November or early December. Given the blow back from that infamous photograph of Kody and Robyn kids, and complaints that he seems to favor them over his own children, they've probably decided to limit their camera time. 

Thank Christ.

• Love 2

Ever since they got the houses,  I've always asked myself how did an empty nester (or soon to be, at the time) ended up getting a five  bedroom with a wet bar. The "go buy the wreath" rant explained some of it. And it showed that Meri is an inconsiderate selfish spender.  

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Lived In Inch said:

Ever since they got the houses,  I've always asked myself how did an empty nester (or soon to be, at the time) ended up getting a five  bedroom with a wet bar. The "go buy the wreath" rant explained some of it. And it showed that Meri is an inconsiderate selfish spender.  

Every time I see that wet bar I still think it is the stupidest thing ever given that it is literally about 8 feet from the large kitchen island.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Did Aspyn really say that?  This episode?  Can you provide context?