Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 5/16/16

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Raven is afraid of bacteria in water, lol.  Don't anyone tell her about doorknobs or elevator buttons.  She may never be able to leave her house again. 

2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Sunny is just sad. She isn’t even able to go to sleep when she wants or wake up when she wants because she’s so insecure about her man.

I was among the minority of those who liked Sunny back when she would just pop in from time to time, and I was rooting for her to join the cast.  And I still like her take on certain issues.  She tends to know her stuff more than the others.  But every time she opens her mouth to talk about her marriage or relationships in general, I cringe.  It's just embarrassing.  I see her in an entirely different light now.  I wish she had stuck to discussing issues and left her personal life out of things.  She no longer seems like the strong, assertive woman I thought she was.  She does seem insecure, I agree, and she has some woefully outdated opinions about marriage.  I would never have guessed ...

• Love 10

When I was in my twenties, I worked for a company & my immediate boss was a woman.  I loved her for her strength, fairness, knowledge & ability to deal with a variety of men & women, young & middle-aged.  She was in her early thirties & after ten years of marriage, popped out two children (to her amazement).  She & I were friendly, but not close, so when she asked me to baby-sit her two young boys, I was thrilled & honored.  I had met her husband on several occasions at company functions & he seemed like a nice fellow.  It wasn't until I baby-sat the kids that I saw just how "under his thumb" she was.  Her voice had a different "tone", almost subservient, &, although I couldn't properly assess it at the time, I came to know that she was definitely afraid of him & bent over backwards to please him.  She left a lasting impression on me & how I handled myself going forward.

Sunny is deadly honest & doesn't understand how others interpret her "revelations".  I agree with @TheGreenKnight that she's very sad & a poor example for our young women.

• Love 9

I also had a tubal pregnancy burst and underwent emergency surgery around same time as Joy and hospital would not do sterilization (within 48 hours ) because it's an emergency and they think you might be making that request under duress.  I had a clever gynecologist surgeon who "found and removed " a left cystic ovary and the right tube where pregnancy was.  Done.   Paula was offended because during planned c- section they asked if she would like tunes tied... They are in there and therefore easy to do. Did she get offended they removed  appendix at that time? 

Can't STAND this Jedi woman. If they had a table with Paula , her , Candace and Raven my remaining gray matter would turn to grape jelly. 

• Love 8

Good grief- can they tone it down on the cross talk? 

Paula and "the return of the Jedi" love Trump-we get that!! Gosh, Paula is almost as bad as Bitsy.

And no Sunny I don't believe  for one second you go to bed with full makeup, once your husband is asleep you remove it and put it back on before he sees you again. 

• Love 7

So when Raven has children she will not bathe them. Nope she'll use wipes. Fascinating I tell you! Is this what she also does? I must know what kind right this very minute because apparently they have no water and are super safe! ugh

• Love 6
(edited)
24 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I also had a tubal pregnancy burst and underwent emergency surgery around same time as Joy and hospital would not do sterilization (within 48 hours ) because it's an emergency and they think you might be making that request under duress.  I had a clever gynecologist surgeon who "found and removed " a left cystic ovary and the right tube where pregnancy was.  Done.   Paula was offended because during planned c- section they asked if she would like tunes tied... They are in there and therefore easy to do. Did she get offended they removed  appendix at that time? 

Can't STAND this Jedi woman. If they had a table with Paula , her , Candace and Raven my remaining gray matter would turn to grape jelly. 

It's so nice to hear that a Doctor/Gynecologist was on the woman's "side" & I'm with Joy:  my body, my decision & it's none of anyone's business.

Edited by Medicine Crow
punctuation is a good thing!!
  • Love 6
(edited)

I also had a tubal pregnancy and underwent emergency surgery on the same day I went to the walk-in care cuz I hadn't been feeling good. I was 6 weeks along, and had one child already,  and wanted more, but it was not to be. It was so fast ( I learned I was pregnant  snd then had to go to the hospital stat for surgery), that  at I didnt dwell on the loss too much, but I cd have died so it was ok. 

I like Joy more knowing that she went through it too.

Edited by Tosia
  • Love 7

Sunny acts so cutesy on the show and is so full of herself but she sounds like a Stepford Wife to me.

Her little story about her grandmother telling her to always be "hot" for her husband is bullshit. She is just hiding the fact that she is submissive and afraid to show her true self to her controlling husband. When she gave birth to her kids did she have her makeup on to look "hot" for him I wonder.

Phony as hell is Sunny. The more I see of her the less I like.

• Love 12

Wow. Sad about sunny if that is the case that her husband expects her to be that way. The first Mr lookeyloo didn't expect that from me but I can remember when the babies were born (40 plus years ago) dragging myself down the hall to the communal shower and washing my hair and putting rollers in so when he came I would be presentable. I don't think he even noticed but is was my own insecurities. When he left me for a woman who looked very much like me I had not "let myself go" so to speak. Still fixed myself up first thing every day. So maybe same with Sunny?  But full disclosure I haven't watched the show yet today. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I couldn’t even tell what Jedidiah was saying during the first 10 minutes. She sounded like someone screaming in another language at lightning speed, it was unintelligible.

Great description of Jed's comments @TheGreenKnight!  I wondered if maybe she was just trying to get everything out there before someone (Paula) inevitably interrupted her but it doesn't really matter because I couldn't really make out what she was saying anyway.  

This show seems like a completely different program when Joy is in the mod seat - and everyone seems more relaxed, including the audience.  

• Love 3

I could care less if Sunni believes in a super traditional marriage and sleeps in her makeup for goodness sake. When the discussion turns to anything that requires intelligence and articulation the panel needs her. When you have Jedi and Paula talking loudly you need someone to counter them and she can do it. Plus her personal views are buzz worthy and get the panel talking. I hope she's full time next season. 

• Love 3
(edited)

If women want to be like Paula or Sunny and go that extra mile for their husbands fine but don't look down on all of us women who don't.   If I have to go out of way to keep a man interested in me then he isn't the man for me.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 12

Jed applauds Trump saying the Egyptian plane was blown out of the sky by Muslim terrorists.   Before we know anything other than the plane crashed.  WHY does she think that it's such a great thing to blame Muslims?  Is jumping to conclusions a criteria for being presidential?  Jed's smug "Hillary lied about Benghazi, therefore Trump would be a better president" made me want to smack her. 

If they want to talk about LIES -  during the last election, Trump claimed he had definitive proof that Obama was not an American. 

Actually -  Politifact, an independent organization which evaluates the truth of politician's statements, gives Hillary Clinton  a higher truth rating than  Donald Trump

• Love 11
On May 20, 2016 at 6:29 PM, Haleth said:

Sunny didn't do well on Jeopardy.  She and Anna Navarra (sp?) lost big time to Al Franken.  

Not only didn't she do well, she is apparently blaming it on the clicker, but watch the show. and it is not the clicker.

Most significantly, she messed up on the final jeopardy question. 

• Love 2

I can't stand Paula and it started months ago. At first, I couldn't figure it out, she just seemed like a big phoney, fake goody-goody. Then, she started showing signs of mean girl and a weird submission to male figures. Now she's downright unlikable and disagreeable, quite obstinate and bossy. At first I liked when she'd get under Whoopi's skin but now I love when Whoopi smacks her down. Jeez, Paula seems like such the stick in the mud bitchy school girl you can't stand. Whomever called her a teacher's pet and the class tattletale really nailed it. I can't stand that Jedi whatever, Sunni is smart but so dumb in areas of life and Raven is a ditz but I'll save them for another day. :)

• Love 10