Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E01: Week 1

• Start Topic

(edited)
3 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

Naturally, it involves sitting on Santa's lap, because why wouldn't it?

View the full article

Hello, my name is Jeff and I'll be your substitute today.

Only a substitute?! Please give us Jeff for every Bachelor francise until the end of time--or until Chris Harrison retires, the first sign of the apocalypse. Jeff always so perfectly and hilariously captures the Bachelor Nation Wrong Reasons hate watch spirit. How do we make this happen? Do I write my local congressman? Do we need a decree from Chris Harrison appointing Jeff the official Previously.TV correspondent?

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Alapaki said:

Get water for my horses and mead for my men.  Because we're about to take off on this journey!!!!!"

Okay, this is hysterical.  

I loved the men being blown away by JoJo's beauty.  Had she been in a turtle neck the conversation might have been different.  She has a beautiful face but they were not reacting to that!   She was VERY hot in that dress.    

(edited)

FFS, guys.... the reason erectile dysfunction experts exist is all these damn tight pants you're wearing.  I swear, during the initial introductions for some of the guys, I don't know how they were walking in those tight jeans.  How is that even comfortable?  No wonder your boys don't work and you need to go to an expert.  Let your boys breath and have a little room to move!

And anyone who thinks women are the bitchier species has apparently never watched the Bachelorette.

Douche from Vancouver - you are gay.  Deal with it.

So much fug in this group!

I love that Kaitlyn is still around and annoying the shit out of people.  You go girl!!

Edited by Canada
  • Love 11

Chad looks like an actor and I can't place his name. I like Chad he is a douche and I love it, I hope he stays around.  And Jordan, ewwww, his straight cut pants looked more like jeggings in the intro video.   

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

Only a substitute?! Please give us Jeff for every Bachelor francise until the end of time--or until Chris Harrison retires, the first sign of the apocalypse. Jeff always so perfectly and hilariously captures the Bachelor Nation Wrong Reasons hate watch spirit. How do we make this happen? Do I write my local congressman? Do we need a decree from Chris Harrison appointing Jeff the official Previously.TV correspondent?

IKR?! He had me in tears, I was laughing so hard.

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, Superpole2000 said:

There is a singer-songwriter named James Taylor, but not THE James Taylor. There is a pro-QB named Rodgers, but it isn't Aaron. All-4-One came out to sing, but I swear everyone knows Boyz II Men was the better three-word singing group with a number in its name.

In fairness, no one would expect the real James Taylor or Aaron Rodgers. Or Boyz II Men for that matter. The Bachelor can only get their Mexican, non-union equivalents. If you noticed, the episode was directed by Spielbergo! ;)

but it was inappropriate for the other guys to talk like he was wearing a silly costume. Traditional wear from any culture isn't a joke. A lot of people with Scottish roots consider kilts their formal wear, and even get married in kilts.

At first I was surprised at how negative the reaction was from the other guys regarding the kilt. But then I remembered the type of guys who are on this show, so obviously something like the cultural significance of a kilt would totally go over their heads. But then I was shocked that the reaction was essentially the same on social media, with the majority thinking the kilt was a dumb stunt on par with the Santa costume. The dumbing down of America continues unabated.

My initial reaction to Pavelka was a simple "Ugh". Thankfully his appearance was brief.

JoJo is the first Bachelorette I have liked since Emily. Des was ok, but she was kind of a drip. As for Andi and Kaitlyn, the less said the better.

Also, I don't know if anyone made this connection during JoJo's time on The Bachelor, but I just realized who she reminds me of: the actress Fabiana Udenio, best know to you and me as Alotta Fagina from the first Austin Powers movie.

Edited by reggiejax
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, bosawks said:

I don't know why but Jordan in his skinny jeans, in the rain, on a high school field staring plaintively in the distance gave me the giggles.

And then Pavelka showed up and ruined my buzz.

I know what you're talking about.   there was a shot of him, in skinny jeans, trying to do a casual "just walking with my hands in my pockets"  pose.    It looked hilariously awkward.

• Love 3

Almost every network TV comedy recently has been including a tongue-in-cheek plotline ridiculing an over-25 male wearing skinny jeans.  You'd think at this point these guys would realize that the normal people are not laughing with them, they are absolutely laughing at them!  And I think even the jean designers and manufacturers are in on the absurdity.  And they need to stop wearing tan shoes with anything.  

• Love 5

random observations:

Daniel wasn't just drunk - I thought there was something seriously wrong with him.   And I think he was encouraged by producers to shed his clothes in order to show off his muscles, and then the producers stole his clothes.  I felt sorry for him, and wanted someone to tell him to go home before things got worse. 

James S - I think it was him - had an oddly plastic-looking face, and a fake smile that for some reason reminded me of Bob Saget.  Or an Android. 

Brandon ("hipster")   How did he get on this show?  Was he trying out for Big Brother and took a wrong turn? 

Ali is very handsome -  and the guy can play the piano!    When Jojo called his name, She made it sound like "Ollie"

Coley (eliminated) needs a hairstylist who can make his unfortunately-shaped face look a little more normal.  With the right hair, he could look OK. 

• Love 6
(edited)

James S. looks like Woody from "Toy Story". 

Sadly, Brandon reminded me of one of my favorite realty show contestants, Dmitry from "Project Runway".  I can't unsee it. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Canada said:

FFS, guys.... the reason erectile dysfunction experts exist is all these damn tight pants you're wearing.  I swear, during the initial introductions for some of the guys, I don't know how they were walking in those tight jeans.  How is that even comfortable?  No wonder your boys don't work and you need to go to an expert.  Let your boys breath and have a little room to move!

Their suits were all weirdly too small! I think it's a fashion thing, but to me it just looks silly. It used to be that dress slacks hit the top of the instep, but these guys are wearing pants where the hem barely hits the top of their boots. Plus they're ridiculously tight. Many of them are actual dress slacks, so it just looks sloppy. Then the jackets -- the short guy had his buttoned, and his chest was straining at the button -- is this to highlight how buff he is? To me, it just looks like he has a crappy tailor.

Thank goodness from now on they'll be dressed in casual clothes, so it doesn't look quite so stupid, but the uber-tight jeans will no doubt still be a factor. Of course, I wasn't impressed with JoJo's stringy jeans cutoffs last season, either (just looks like you're too lazy to grab a pair of scissors to me.)

When Kimmel showed his picks for top four, I groaned -- I cannot tell them apart! I am not that good at faces until I get to know them, so I rely on hairstyles and colors, but all four of the ones he picked looked the same.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 6

And they need to stop wearing tan shoes with anything.  

That was one of my random observations too! I'm new here, but I'm a long-time B/B'ette viewer & here's what I noticed:

• When did guys start wearing that ugly yellowish-brown color shoes with dark suits?! Looks so tacky! It used to be a 'tell' if a guy was European, but it seems to have landed on this side of the pond now too.
  • Again, as always, the "occupations" are amusing -- hipster, etc. My fave was "Canadian." LOL Wasn't it Ali who said his brother was a surgeon and his sister was a dentist and he hasn't yet found himself? Showed him surf bumming and later listed him as a bartender. But there are some good real careers too -- firefighter, etc. (St.) Nick is an electrical engineer!
  • How many James-es are there?! Doesn't anyone go by Jim or Jimmy anymore?
  • Toward the end, during someone's "oh I hope I get picked, it would be so embarrassing to go home Night 1" dramatization, it showed the guy in question in the group shot with the typical 'deer in headlights' look (he was in the first row). BUT the funniest part (to me) was that in the background, right over his shoulder, it looked like Chinese/Scottish guy was doing some extended and serious 'adjusting' under his kilt! Anyone else see that? This was right after . . .
  • Jo Jo, upon leaving the rose ceremony room (I didn't notice it previously -- must have been the lighting?!) gave the guys an extended view of her thong (and consequently, her ass) through the back of her dress (which was gorgeous, by the way). ;)

Happy to join you all -- have read here for many seasons, finally got up the courage to post!

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Andromeda said:

Their suits were all weirdly too small! I think it's a fashion thing, but to me it just looks silly. It used to be that dress slacks hit the top of the instep, but these guys are wearing pants where the hem barely hits the top of their boots. Plus they're ridiculously tight. Many of them are actual dress slacks, so it just looks sloppy. Then the jackets -- the short guy had his buttoned, and his chest was straining at the button -- is this to highlight how buff he is? To me, it just looks like he has a crappy tailor.

Ugh, yes. Unfortunately there's a whole contingency of bro-type guys in these tiny, ill-fitting suits roaming around these days. I do not understand. Tight highwaters, with socks (often striped) sticking out, and tan shoes. And a jacket so tight it looks like they can't move their arms, and like the button will tear off at any moment. I guess it's supposed to show off how "buff" they are...though the distinctly not-buff dudes I see sporting this "fashion" on my elevator rides and walking by me on the sidewalk appear to have missed that memo, ha. 

• Love 4

I felt bad for Jo Jo with these moronic insecure men fawning all over her and talking about how nervous they were. I think she was embarrassed.  No wonder she liked Jordan.  Jo Jo seems like she will be a good Bachelorette. She's funny and personable without being over the top like Kaitlynn plus she's very very attractive. Loved her dress. Did not find many of her guys attractive. The guys who were dissing the other guys for creative entrances must not have known (or cared) that Jo Jo herself dressed up (as a unicorn) to meet Ben. Funny that when Jo Jo was taking with Ali and Des and Kaitlynn, Kaitlynn mentioned cupcake (the dentist) who was her favorite entrance and Alli said hey what was that guy's real name and Kaitlynn did not answer. Probably couldn't remember the guy who was in her top four (I think)!

• Love 7
(edited)

My shallow first impressions: Chase who wore the glasses with fake mustache made me sit up and say "Hellllloooo" but then other times he didn't look as cute, like that Seinfeld episode about the two faced girl. Christian seemed so accomplished and sweet AND he gets up at 4 a.m. to work out every day. He might be too good for this. I didn't like firefighter Grant's long square jaw but it looks like he goes far. Ari kind of looked like Ali's Roberto only with more brow!

James S. looks like Woody from "Toy Story".

BWAH! Totally. I kinda liked the bit when he was nervous to meet Chris Harrison.

Hey! Jordan! Discount Double Check! Those skinny jeans in his intro were TIGHT. And they just let his hair get soaked standing out on the football field pensively reliving his past glory. I could just imagine his brother watching and the ribbing that had to have ensued.

First evidence that Chad was nuts was when he said "I thought it was going to be the top guy from every state." 

Edited by Kbilly
  • Love 3

I liked Christian until he made that comment about getting up at 0330 to go to the gym.  That's just messed up.  Yes, exercise is important, but that just takes it to a weird obsessive level.

• Love 10

Kudos to the recapper. But:

Some variation of this is the tragic origin story of every Bachelorette, the near miss. First, JoJo must have her heart broken, then she must take some time to repair it

You forgot that America has to have its heartbroken to.  And a crestfallen nation must turn its lonely eyes to Fleiss & Co. for casual-sexual healing.

• Love 9

I wonder if James S had some Botox injections before coming on.  I thought at first it was makeup, but it looks more plastic than that. 

(I'm going to feel really terrible if it turns out he had some facial surgery after an accident or something). 

And I agree with everyone about the short, tight suits that are in fashion.  Not a good look, skinny jeans are bad enough.  Skinny suit pants - Ugh! And the short tight jackets - looks like you're squeezing into a suit that your mom bought you in junior high. 

• Love 7

***************************************************************************************************************************

Fashion Alert!  Brown and tan shoes are very much in style and have been for several years now.  I like them.

***************************************************************************************************************************

• Love 3

I liked Jordan and can definitely see his appeal, but I think he's just making a media/career play here ala Jesse Palmer.  Jesse parlayed his QB experience and media exposure on the Bachelor into a sports commentator career.. he was a similar type of QB to Jordan.. backup, not much success.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was suggested by his agent.  

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, Canada said:

I liked Christian until he made that comment about getting up at 0330 to go to the gym.  That's just messed up.  Yes, exercise is important, but that just takes it to a weird obsessive level.

What REALLY caught my attn was that he went to the gym at 4:30 which means that he takes a hr to get ready . . . to work out at the gym at 4:30 where few will see ya or smell ya. And even fewer will care!

• Love 5

I've never watched before, but at least a 1/4 of those guys are gay, right?

I don't know about 1/4, but I'd put money on Robby (wine guy) batting for the other team.  

• Love 1

JoJo's breasts are the best Bachelorette we've seen in years.

I had to laugh when one guy said "You'd love to take her home to Mom" and I remembered what she wore to meet Ben's parents vs Lauren. She wore a short romper without a bra and Lauren a long skirt. JoJo seems like a good time girl to me, not wife material.

Long gone are the days when we had nice, classy women like Des and Ashley who genuinely wanted a husband and we get sleazebuckets like Kaitlyn and Juan Pablo.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, backformore said:

James S - I think it was him - had an oddly plastic-looking face, and a fake smile that for some reason reminded me of Bob Saget.  Or an Android. 

I get a strong Uncanny Valley vibe from him - for me it's his very dark eyes, which come off "dead shark" most of the time. I think he may be the franchise's first all-CGI contestant. (And yet - he seems to be funny and charming and nicely self-deprecating, so I'm ok if he sticks around for a while.) 

• Love 3

Two things: I live in Hawaii, and about 40 minutes in the sound went weird. We heard all the bachelor nation MUSIC but  couldn't hear their VOICES. Had to watch with sub-titles on. Voices didn't come back til the rose ceremony and even then it was in and out. I now have reason to hate the background music.

Is it just me, or did that Jordan/Jojo kiss look a wee bit too intimate? My first thought? Remember, I'm watching with music only - "THESE TWO HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE!!!" That was no hesitant first kiss. That was a kiss between two people who've done that before. NO WAY they "just met" out of the Limo.  No freaking way. Haven't looked at any spoilers (yet. I never last longer than episode 3 or 4 before I give in) but you cannot tell me that Jordan and Jojo JUST MET in that driveway, That kiss was way too initmate and familiar for that. She just...what? HAPPENED to "accidentally" grab his ass with both hands? Uh. Okay.

Just sayin'

• Love 9

JoJo annoyed me with how many times she would say "you look nice.. you look so good.. are you nervous.. you look so good".  I get that it's got to be overwhelming greeting all these guys but maybe have a little bit more prepared to say than that. 

• Love 5
(edited)
21 hours ago, wovenloaf said:

Serious creepy, sleazy, cokehead vibes from Chad. Ugh. 

As for Jordan...I don't see the appeal...I find his hair douchey and dumb. Face a little wonky. And he comes off kind of disingenuous to  me, like too practiced or something. Kicking  off that "media" career he claims to have, I guess.  Yep, from where I'm sitting, Aaron got most the genes in that family!  At least he's not alone in the inferior-to-Aaron-Rodgers category of mankind, ha ;-) 

Man, that rose ceremony didn't end until like 6 or 7 in the morning, judging by how light it was outside when the rejected dudes left. Brutal.

Thank you.....I thought I was the only one who didn't see any appeal in Jordan. I think he's definitely there to get to be the next Bachelor for the fame that comes with that.

Chad was creepy but so was Vinny. He had such a scary look on his face at the rose ceremony! 

I bet the producers forced Santa to keep the suit on.

Did we know that Jake guy & Jojo knew each other for years?

Did anyone else think it was funny how a few of the guys (Chad) kept making snarky comments about guys coming in with a gimmick in the introduction, I guess forgetting that Jojo showed up for her introduction with Ben wearing a unicorn head? A few of them were saying she wouldn't be impressed by that stuff but she clearly was. 

And how many of them were all prepared for Caila? They probably had to quickly study up on Jojo to pretend they had been interested in her during last season.

This is my first Bachelorette, so that was the infamous Kaitlin? I didn't even catch the names but she annoyed me. 

@BackForMore - I think they did hide Daniel's clothes now that  you mention it. There was a shot of him in the hallway & it looked like someone was in the background holding clothes? And like he was expecting to be handed them? 

Edited by BellaLugosi
  • Love 5
(edited)

I don't see Jordan's allure either. Sure, he's attractive enough (as are most contestants cast on these shows) but I just can't get past his love for jeggings (they're too tight to be called pants), his Shawn Booth face, his rooster-inspired hair, and his lackluster football "career." When you "retire" before the age of 27, you're either Lindsay Lohan or doing something wrong -- the two are not mutually exclusive. I get that confidence is sexy, but I'm sure Jojo gets men who are equally confident and attractive approaching her on a regular basis in real life.

I don't have any favorites yet but I'm excited to see how this season fleshes out. Hopefully Jojo is able to tame her infatuation with bad-boys because it seems like there are some decent good-guys in the house as well.

Edited by Koala
  • Love 8
(edited)

Oh, boy. Did they send out a casting call for mid-brown-haired guys who like to sport that haircut that Ben Thingo wore in his season that made him look like even more of a giant baby toddler, plus tight suit pants with or without socks and tan shoes? I couldn't tell three-quarters of them apart.

What is weirder, is that I am sure I have never seen a pic of JoJo's ex - unless they featured a blow-up of it subliminally on Ben's season - but a good 80-90% of them looked exactly as I imagined Chad Rookstool would look!!! Bizarre.

Overall, they just seemed not quite good enough a pool for JoJo, which I bet made her feel defeated from the get-go, but she rallied. I'm sure, outside of the superficial, they are quite nice fellows, but so many lame jokes and stunts, and then getting that drunk. No wonder that creepy Jordan stood out for her - despite his identikit look.

From first impressions, I liked Ali, Christian, Luke, Hipster Brandon, Derek, maybe, and Evan the former pastor and erectile dysfunction expert! ; and Wells, despite the gimmick. Don't think any of them stand a chance, aside from Luke, who is a Jordan-bot lookswise, too - but at least I liked them enough to look forward to seeing them.

Chad is vile, on every level, but gives good soundbites.

James S. has a fascinating (version of the identikit look of this men's season) appearance. He reminds me of a lighter-haired PeeWee Herman. (He's one of the ones I thought surely he's gay, but there were a few.)

I'm sure it will be fun, and all, and I look forward to the journey of lurve - but how the hell am I going to tell these douche-bros apart if they all keep wearing the same dumb hairdo, and those tan shoes?

Edited by violet and green
couldn't leave out Evan!
  • Love 6
(edited)

who like to sport that haircut that Ben Thingo wore in his season that made him look like even more of a giant baby toddler

Oh, thank you for this!   That is exactly why I never felt an iota of attraction to Ben.   He has a baby fat face and baby fat abs.   He had a mesmerizing way of staring into women's eyes and listening to what they were saying, though.  There aren't a lot of listeners out there in manworld. 

Edited by hyacinth
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, violet and green said:

Overall, they just seemed not quite good enough a pool for JoJo, which I bet made her feel defeated from the get-go, but she rallied. I'm sure, outside of the superficial, they are quite nice fellows, but so many lame jokes and stunts, and then getting that drunk. No wonder that creepy Jordan stood out for her - despite his identikit look.

Yeah, I was disappointed for her. It seemed like they rushed the casting because they weren't sure JoJo would be available and so didn't get a good enough pool of guys. Kaitlyn seemed to have a better looking and more charismatic crop for whatever reason.

I just don't see the appeal of Jordan Rodgers. He's less busted looking than Shawn Booth, but has made very unfortunate choices with his hair and jeans. Not nearly as attractive or accomplished as his brother Aaron (or as I like to call him, A. A. Ron). He's just a garden variety bro.

None of the dudes were memorable for positive reasons, perhaps with the exception of Ali and his piano-playing skills. I'm surprised he and JoJo didn't talk about their shared Iranian heritage - but maybe they did and the producers chose not to show it.

Speaking of producers, they need to ban Jake Pavelka from the franchise once and for all. He's an even worse creep than Nick Vile. What, Chris Bukowski wasn't available?

• Love 8

Ok, so here we go again: the bad boy, the pool guy, the dick, the chauvinist, the drunk, the weirdo ... thank God that's out of the way. Jojo is a pretty girl but I thought she was all over them all with her hands on their knees, shoulders, arms, rubbing their fingers ... a bit early, no?

Anyway, I am routing for Grant, what a sexy piece of fireman that is, I'll help hold his hose anyday ;)

• Love 2

Alright, I'm officially joining up so that I can comment on this Bachelorette season... what is my life?

I feel that they usually don't gather up a great looking group of guys, or maybe my type is just opposite of what this show is looking for. (Notable exception would be Emily's final 2 of Ari and Jef, it doesn't get much better than that.) Jojo has a few standouts, but she seems to be looking straight past them to ex-jock Jordan. I don't understand the appeal of athletes. Andi was the same. If I was filling out a preference sheet it would be like, "into video games," "reads books," and "won't try to get me to work out with them."  Totally agree that Jordan looks like Shawn Booth but marginally better, not that it's saying much. They both had the poofy hair and eyes that are too close together.

I absolutely loved the Chinese/Scottish guy in the kilt! He seemed fun and cute and joked around. Also, what kind of problem do these guys have that they're insulting a cultural outfit?! My boyfriend is from Scotland and is so hot in his kilt, which, by the way, he wears to any formal event. I attended a wedding with him in Scotland last year and 95% of the men there were in kilts. They're manly and traditional. I feel embarrassed at the lack of cultural awareness. Also couldn't believe Jojo sent him home over Daniel the awkward Canadian (couldn't handle that conversation about the Internet), Vinny the drunk who seemed legitimately angry when Santa got a rose, and the erectile dysfunction dude.

So my two favorites left are Luke and Ali. Luke is easily the sexiest one there, he's got that quiet demeanor and a really attractive voice, plus he works on a ranch with animals all day. Ali was adorable and so talented and sweet. I would have fallen all over myself if he was teaching me to play the piano.

I almost thought Chad was attractive for a millisecond when he got out of the limo, then his talking heads (coupled with the other guys' comments about height and kilts) reminded me that men are even more dickish towards each other than the women on the Bachelor.

Ugh, Jake. "Go with your gut." Um, Jake, I'm pretty sure your gut told you to choose the horrendous Vienna over Tenley, and we all know how that turned out.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, GracieK said:

I liked Jordan and can definitely see his appeal, but I think he's just making a media/career play here ala Jesse Palmer.  Jesse parlayed his QB experience and media exposure on the Bachelor into a sports commentator career.. he was a similar type of QB to Jordan.. backup, not much success.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was suggested by his agent.  

I think that's the case too. So far he seems like a nice normal dude, but the fact that his "thing" is that he's a former pro football player seems kinda disingenuous. He had a decent senior season at Vanderbilt, but never lasted more than 4 months with an NFL team, and certainly never actually played in a game. If he went in as a "former college QB" it would come across better, but I'm guessing he has his sights set on a job covering the NFL at some point. I'm not gonna judge him too harshly though, it's not like everybody else is here for love or anything!

Hysterical that with all this talk of shoes, the ad in the middle of my page is for yep, tan Florsheims.

So Chad was cast despite his pre-casting psychological evaluation or because of it? Scary.

• Love 4

This is the third season of the Bachelor/ette I've watched -- in past seasons, has a frontrunner become blindingly obvious from almost the get-go? With Kaitlyn, she and Shawn were a sealed deal from the First Impression Rose, and Ben had heart eyes for Lauren immediately. If the "This Season On..." is to be believed, Jojo seems to be all into Jordan.

(edited)

To me, the last really obvious one was Des and Brooks.  She would have done unspeakable things for his attention from night one and it was very plain to viewers.

Chris's season didn't immediately telegraph Whitney as being his choice, as it was mostly the Britt show until her meltdown halfway into the season.  Andi was hot for Josh from the beginning, but she kept him at arms length because he was her "type" and she was trying to branch out.  Plus, she had other guys to distract her, and Nick Vile to slither around her.  Juan Pablo just sleazed his way through the pack, though Sharleen seriously intrigued and mystified him.  But she was way too far above his level and when she bolted, he settled for Nicki.   Sean and Catherine were so far under the radar they were barely on the screen. 

Until the last couple of seasons, the editors just didn't allow it to be so obvious. 

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 3
On May 24, 2016 at 8:59 AM, JudyObscure said:

These Bachelorettes really go for the high-top fade don't they.  Shawn had it, the first time I saw it was on Emily's Jef, and now you could almost line up JoJo's favorites by their hair.

Too bad because my favorites, Wells and James Superfan don't have it.

There were a whole bunch of guys I literally couldn't tell apart between the hairstyles and the general face structure. I thought I hated Jordan, but it turns out I was hating Chad. 

My first impression favorite is Luke, he seems contained and normal. I will forgive him the rather tacky display at the gravesite as I'm sure it was not his idea (seriously, if that was my loved one's grave and a cheesefest show like this used it as basically a prop for these goofy intros? I'd be pissed.) 

Mr. Erectile Dysfunction Guy can go home any time now.

I was hating this guy until the drunken Canadian poked his belly button. His reaction had me rolling on the floor. Between the look on his face and his "is that a Canadian thing or what?", I was dying. 

I was distracted by how much one of the guys (turns out his name is Robby) looks like Will Forte from Saturday Night Live. 

The Jake Pavelka bit was a waste of time, but did have me briefly worrying that we were going to be subjected to that douche again. I didn't even watch his season (just read about the Vienna trainwreck in US Weekly) but saw him on DWTS where even with limited airtime, he managed to make me uncomfortable with his jaw-clenching, seething anger behind a big fake smile, Tom Cruise vibe. 

I know they only like to focus on the guys talking shit and the drunk ones acting stupid, but my favorite part of the parties is listening to the casual bits of conversation between the non-douches. Like on Kaitlyn's season, where Jared, Tanner, Ben and some others would just be bullshitting most of the time and then spit out a few Bachelor-required lines about Kaitlyn here and there. The guys discussing the belly button poking were making me laugh. 

Looks like a decent season but I started falling asleep during the rose ceremony. I know kilt guy got sent packing (there's an unfortunate walk of shame) but did SuperFan make it through? 

• Love 3

I don't know about the socks but he has the high hair, scruffy face, tight suit, and orange shoes of most of JoJo's men.   Fashion choices aside, I think Chad Rookstool is better looking than any of the bachelors.  Maybe she'll get back with him for the third time after she and Jordan break up.

• Love 3