Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Blue Ridge Mountain Blues

• Start Topic

Craig snoops into the past to get to the root of the anti-Kathryn drama. Meanwhile, Cameran offers revelations at her first therapy session, and the gang heads to the mountains of North Carolina, where secrets surface and friendships are tested.

Laughed my head off when Shep invited Cameran and Whitney and they both were so against anything to do with the outdoors. Then Shep got to say that even with Thomas AND Kathryn both there everyone will just kick back and drink wine and chill -- no tension whatsoever! Haha -- such a cliche of reality shows. "We'll go on a trip and everyone will relax and have fun, no problems!" Has that actually ever happened?

Also, Kathryn was about 8 months pregnant when this trip would have happened. Did anyone expect she would ride 4 hours each way and hang out at a cabin in the woods when she couldn't drink alcohol or probably even sleep comfortably? I guess we'll see.

• Love 2
(edited)

Lol,  Craig looking into the anti Kathryn drama.  

I'm pretty sure it's pretty clear why those that don't care for Kathryn and don't want to be around her.  It's obvious they think she's  volatile and are tired of her out bursts.  Thomas and Kathryn completely sucks all the energy out of a gathering. Their  fights are tiresome,  and I don't blame everyone for being over it. 

I have had 3 children,  the idea of going on a long road trip to a camping cabin with a bunch of people who don't care for me,  at 8 months pregnant,  sounds like torture.  Oh the best part, at the end of the night,  Kathryn can watch them all drink..... I'd pass. 

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7

I would love an ep with Witney and Cameran trying to survive a three hour trudge on the Appalachian Trail while Shep swings through the trees and Landon shows off her custom-made designer hiking boots to the squirrels, and Craig confuses hair spray with bug spray. But nope, it appears they're driving four hours into the backcountry just to have the same shit-flinging with Kathryn they could have at home. Another Bravo trip, wasted.

• Love 14
(edited)

I can't imagine Whitney having sex with anybody, male or female, dog or cat.  Still, Kathryn is nasty, going with one man and then his best friend a week later?  Yuk, I wonder if she's been with twins too.

And Craig is an assshole.  Just keep him in the file room doing research.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, mbaywife123 said:

I'm starting to see Kathryn in a different light. I'm still not in her corner yet but ...

The flashback scenes at Drunkie-O's house added a lot to the story of why Whitless is so pissed about T-Rav and Kathryn. He couldn't have the pretty "name" brand toy he wanted because she wanted T-Rav and was with him first. the look on her face at the past party scene was like a moth to the flame.

Loved Craig calling him out about the whole situation. Can't wait to see how hard he tries to be about Craig's rather astute assessment.

Also loved Landon getting busted about not inviting Kathryn.

Whitless is a producer of this show and has been throwing rocks and hiding his hands and now the chickens are coming home to roost ala Bravo!

Yup, to all  of this.  This was a good episode.  I don't like Whitney or Landon so it was fun seeing them both getting busted and disgusted.  Ha!  The scenery and Shep's "cabin"  were beautiful and I enjoyed watching it.  

• Love 24
(edited)

I like Whitney and I get a kick out of his humor. I'm not a fan of the Botox, but he's exactly the kind of guy I had the hots for in college. I loved the guys in the film department ? I would have rented a car too, party buses make me sick and I like having a way out if I want to peace early. 

Craig was a little shit stirring bitch in his Mercury Milan tonight, Kathryn's behavior is even more whorish than I thought and Landon makes me fast forward. 

Edited by RedDelicious
Extra words, oops.
  • Love 9

I would just like one of these people would acknowledged that they don't want to hang out with Kathryn because they have absolutely nothing in common with her.  It's not a matter of liking or disliking her, but just being at very different places in their lives.

None of the above makes me dislike Landon any less.  Regardless of her feelings about Kathryn, her comment about Kathryn "on her back" was so tasteless.  Landon gave zero thought to the two innocent children that Kathryn is raising when she went there.  

Shep's parents house was gorgeous and his story about doing the crossword puzzles with his grandfather was very sweet.

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

Regardless of her feelings about Kathryn, her comment about Kathryn "on her back" was so tasteless.

And exactly what skills does Landon possess?  For her to say she ummmm wants ummmm like this kind of website and it'll include this and that, plus an annual coffee table book?  Why would a clientele who is patronizing a website be interested in a coffee table book?  It's all a vanity, pie-in-the-sky idea.  That she is trying to launch a business, has no clue, is just going to let the web developers handle everything about the site, and I'm guessing hasn't even written a business plan.  That guy in NYC was just giving her lip service, but she's too dense to figure that out.  She really thinks she's such a special snowflake.

Thomas, what a freaking loser.  Drunk and trying to pick up the chick, who said she'd cut him.  Now that I'd really want to see.  Did he really think, in his drunken stupor, that she was coming on to him?  I think she would've used her knife had he gone further.  What a twat.

Kathryn, the thought of you sleeping with both Thomas and Whitney, even if were years apart, really shows you can't pick 'em.  I still think Whitney will burst into flames in the daylight, and Thomas is just gross. Even the thought of sleeping with one of the two is enough to turn my stomach.  I think that perhaps Patricia did tell Whitney to snag a good old southern girl with a old family name, which is something Kathryn has.  That would be why Patricia is so damned pissed off at Kathryn; Kathryn should've stayed with 'her' Whitney.  Patricia so wants to be in the old family society in Charleston; her money can't get her an old name pedigree.  Had it been Whitney with the kids, she would have been thrilled, no matter what she says now.  Whitney just has his phantom girlfriends in LA or wherever that he pretends to talk to over the phone.  

Craig is another loser.  He thinks he's executive material and all he's done thus far is go to law school, get fired from a job, and not pass the bar.  That he thought he'd be put in charge of a division when he doesn't know the product nor has he bothered to do any research; the only research he likes is the dirt on his little social circle.

Shep, take a good look at Thomas.  If you don't clean up your act, this could be you in 15 years.  

• Love 17
On 5/14/2016 at 7:52 AM, RedHawk said:

Kathryn was about 8 months pregnant when this trip would have happened. Did anyone expect she would ride 4 hours each way and hang out at a cabin in the woods when she couldn't drink alcohol or probably even sleep comfortably?

Shep probably expected Kathryn to decline the invitation due to her advanced pregnancy. He invited her out of kindness, not wanting her to be excluded again after the flamingo and roller skating parties. And she seemed much calmer and happier knowing she had been included, even urging Thomas to go without her. Also, as much as I loathe Thomas, I have to give him a point or two for offering to stay home if she couldn't go. That was nice of him.

That lucite crib looked ugly and impractical and probably cost a small fortune.

The night out in Asheville with Shep's old college friend looked like a blast, except for T-Rav acting like a drunken, lecherous fool (I knew he couldn't stay in my good graces for long) and Whitney being his usual creepy self. They're too old to be acting like this.

• Love 22
(edited)

Thomas was so smarmy with every girl he encountered in Asheville! UGH. And all that feigned interest in tattoos and piercings -- just something he could focus on to make chitchat about. (I know several guys like him, his age, and all of them privately dislike tattoos and piercings and think they make women look trashy and low class.) He was even worse when drunk. So glad the woman named Carson went over to Shep after making clear to T-Rav that his advances were not welcome. In the background you could see Shep looking embarrassed at T-Rav acting like such a jackass. 

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, whydoievencare said:

Absolutely dislike everything about Landon - the lying, the constant inappropriate laughing, the facial expressions that aim to be thoughtful but just end up vacant looking.  She totally has an inflated opinion of her skills.  Such an idiot.  Really she's kind of pathetic.  Want me to tell you what I really think?

Yep!

Landon fell out of the dumb dumb tree and hit her pretty little head on each branch on the way down and then got hit with the stupid stick upon her "Landon".

• Love 19

Craig's digging in to Kathryn and Whitney's 5 day "relationship" is clearly producer driven, right? Because what normal guy would give a rat's ass about that? He looks like a gossipy little bitch and I still say he has a little thing for Kathryn himself. His girlfriend must be horrified. 

Shep really has the life. It's always been my dream to have a house like that in the NC mountains. He really has it all, damn him. 

• Love 8

Bam is Landon's sister?  I missed that.  Ugh.

So Landon is what?  Ten years older than Katherine.  Sorry girl, you're in no position to criticize.  What have 'you' accomplished?  And oh, I'm so glad you got called out on your lie about inviting Katherine to Shep's party.  Sorry Landon but you're a mess.

I'm not on board with the lucite crib.  At some point, babies start chewing on the crib when they start to teethe.  It does look cool but....

Whit totally had a thing for Katherine.  I'm happy that this is coming out.  I'm actually kind of loving it because I can't stand Whit and his superior attitude.  You're just not all that Whit.  I don't think Craig is being gossipy.  It's calling Whit out.  Somebody has got to do it.

So Cameron is totally team Whit.  What a shame.  I used to like her so much but she pretty much lost me as a fan. 

Loved Shep's parent's house.

JD is playing games with Craig.  And Bonnie.   

• Love 17

If Whitney is such a delicate flower, should he not have informed the chef he needed a special diet?  I think I would have told him to take a hike after the spatula business.  I thought it was nice of Craig to do the barbecuing.

JD needs to stop with the little snide laugh when her delivers bad news.  I wonder how much Danni had to pay to come on board with Gentry Brandy?

• Love 10

Shep's bearded friend looked like one (or any or all) of the bearded hipster-dudes Kristen was diddling with on VPR.  God, I really need to take a break from Bravo.

Seriously, is this stuff with Whitney actually having sex with someone/anyone . . . could this be true?  Or is this producer created?  Idk, but Whitney is one of the producers of this thing.  Ugh, the thought of him having sex with anyone gives me the shivers & shakes.  Man, he is looking so freakin' creepy lately.  Kathryn, you really are a nutcase to go along with this storyline -- whether it's real or fake.  Idk which is worse.  Wait, yeah, I do.  Actually having sex with Whitney would be worse.  Oh Kathryn, no words, hun.  Slutty is one thing.  Nothing wrong with that to me.  But these choices you're making, Kathryn.  Oh dear, you'd be better off with any of the animals running around your family's plantation than Whitney or Thomas.  Sheesh, does she really need me to tell her this?  Uh, yeah, she does.

Craig, you're a moron.  You really are a total fucking moron.  Forget about getting even with Whitney the ghoul & concentrate on your own stupid shit.  Naomi's reactions are surprising to me.  Clearly, Craig must have lied to her like crazy about his setup.  And just what exactly did Craig the moron get for his 15 thou, that he handed over to JD?  Fucking moron.  And what about JD & that sinister laugh?  I said it before & I'll say it again, I wouldn't trust that sleazy slimeball character as far as I could throw him -- er, which wouldn't be far.

• Love 10

Why didn't they drive their BMWs to Shep's house to get on the bus?

You know having your jaws drop with a mouth full of salmonella-contaminated meat is it a good look.

• Love 2

When Shep confronted Landon about her lie, every time the camera would cut to her, her hair was different. It would be behind her ear, not behind, hanging in her face, etc. It was annoying and fascinating at the same time. 

Seeing drunk Thomas hitting on young women made me want to hurl, but at the same time you could tell those girls knew who he was and wanted to be on TV. 

That's an ugly crib and as mentioned, the baby could hurt his mouth trying to teethe. What kind of crib does Kensie have? Hearing Kathryn talk so matter-of-fact about sleeping with different guys confirmed for me that she has no self-respect and will one day look back on all of this and feel regret, I think.

Whatever Jennifer did to her face and lips was a mistake. She was pretty before, now she looks like she might be appearing in one of those rate-sucker insurance commercials.

• Love 6

My husband and I visit Asheville at least 2-3 times a year, so I was psyched when I saw that this gang was going to spend a wild night out there---Shep is so right too, it *is* such a fun little party city indeed, so it was very cool to see them hitting up some of my own favorite Ashe haunts and watching the guys attempting to engage with the funkier tattooed artsy chicks all over that city. It's like the Brooklyn/SanFran of the Blue Ridge down there, that's for sure.

I laughed my ass off at drunken T-Rav though---I'm sorry, he may be a dirty old man, but I find him downright hilarious when he's partying like that. That one particular exchange that left me snort-laughing is:  

Tattooed Chick((to T-Rav getting too close)): I will cut you. 

T-Rav((thinking she said she'd bite him)): Come and get me, vampire!"

Tattooed Chick((disgusted)): You wanna buy me a drink?

T-Rav: Fuck yeah!!! ((Tattooed Chick then rushes back to Shep and immediately chats him up before T-Rav notices in sheepish defeat))

Please don't ever change, drunk T-Rav. Except when you're playing father for a few days, of course.

I like Craig and all, but he acted like a total pouty baby during his chat with JD. Yes, maybe JD dicked him around for a bit and promised more than he actually allowed, but I'm Team JD on the bourbon thing---Craig needs to just suck it up, be a man and prove that with time and experience he very well *could* help run the bourbon division. Typical millennial behavior, unfortunately....also, he's obviously having to move this plot along for the show's benefit, but yeah, it's weird how invested he is in the past relationship between Whitney and Kathryn.

Kathryn actually appeared sane and logical this episode. Even somewhat likable! That'll change, of course---it was interesting to learn that those infamous icky Anne Taylor clothes on Whitney's bedside floor that Patricia was sneering at in the very first ever episode from S1 were indeed Kathryn's. Interesting that Kathryn "liked" Thomas the best from the beginning, she mentioned; he is the richest of this bunch, so that makes sense.

Shep proved how wealthy his family really is this episode, but it somehow didn't make him any less likable---I appreciate his humble gratitude to have been raised within such a wealthy, intelligent and well-respected family. It's such a nice contrast to Whitney's rather snooty entitlement.

So Landon is indeed a confirmed stealth bitch and Cameron is an elitist---even though I understand their mutual aversion to Kathryn, it's still not a very becoming look for those ladies.

And Landon seriously needs to get over herself already, slut-shaming and questioning the accomplishments of a 23-year-old single mother. At least Kathryn was able to find a well-bred man willing to procreate with her, unlike Squinty McLaughs-A-Lot, the Bitchy Special Snowflake who can't even string together a coherent sentence.

• Love 24
(edited)

Thomas, what a freaking loser.  Drunk and trying to pick up the chick, who said she'd cut him.  Now that I'd really want to see.  Did he really think, in his drunken stupor, that she was coming on to him?  I think she would've used her knife had he gone further.  What a twat.

I know. Thomas has NO game at all. What on earth would make that girl want to get with a drunk old guy, fawning and TRYING to feel all over her. NO girl with any self respect falls for that, or finds that attractive. Yuck Thomas. And it's sad because Thomas -- if he would grow the fuck up, could be an attractive catch. But who wants to be with a 50-year-old frat boy?

Landon "No I want them to run the website and I'll just be giving them context" REALLY!!

Yeah I caught that.Hey, maaaaybe she's got us all fooled and she's not as "lost" and "unskilled" as she comes off.

And I have no problem with her comment about Kathryn working on her back. It's true she did.

When will Wham and (Thank You) Ma'am show up?

THAT is funny. Thank you so much….for cracking me the fuck up.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Shep probably expected Kathryn to decline the invitation due to her advanced pregnancy. He invited her out of kindness, not wanting her to be excluded again after the flamingo and roller skating parties. And she seemed much calmer and happier knowing she had been included, even urging Thomas to go without her. Also, as much as I loathe Thomas, I have to give him a point or two for offering to stay home if she couldn't go. That was nice of him.

That lucite crib looked ugly and impractical and probably cost a small fortune.

The night out in Asheville with Shep's old college friend looked like a blast, except for T-Rav acting like a drunken, lecherous fool (I knew he couldn't stay in my good graces for long) and Whitney being his usual creepy self. They're too old to be acting like this.

That Lucite crib is going to be a pain to keep clean with constant snot smears, sneeze spray and spit up .

• Love 14
(edited)

Landon did say content she just always slurs her words and even saying content makes it stupid. 

I am curious about the Landon/Kathryn thing we know it happened after Kathryn was on modified bed rest and it was oddly edited. I mean Landon is ridiculously, awful and i hate her but the editing involved in the actual complete denial I find suspect.

It's like the toss in edit of Kathryn's "good family" convo that was literally done as a pick up to explain why Kathryn was involved in the show after she became part of the storyline. 

This isn't meant to be a defense of Whitney or Patricia but I don't think anyone is hung up on her "rejecting" Whitney. Yes, Kathryn has a name of note from South Carolina (one that many in the state are trying to scrub from public sites) but her family isn't part of Charleston society now. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5

If Landon's "content" is so worthy of publication, why hasn't she tried the baby steps of, you know, like, trying to sell a few articles to an actual online publication that already exists? Travel writing used to be an actual profession but she just mumbles crap about "the arts" and "snow polo in Aspen" and imagines advertisers lining up to give her checks for some website that's already been done 500 times before, and better.

Most likely she can't write for shit. Like many of her generation she thinks she should be starting at the top. What a clueless little fool. 

• Love 10

The more I think about it, I feel certain that Landon has a trust fund. Now she also has a Bravo paychecck. Clearly her dad knows that the show will end sooner or later and she's likely to squander her income on clothes-shopping trips and such. 

There's a way a smart girl with a good accountant could write off travel expenses by making a business of a "travel and arts" website, even one that loses money. I just don't see Landon being that smart girl. 

• Love 5

Aaaaaaaahahahahha! Best line of the night was by Thomas "....because, I mean, I'm T-Rav, and she's like T-Rex. One wrong move and the building's destroyed..." (sweeps hand to indicate complete destruction). Lol

• Love 13
(edited)

Cameran has perfected the art of the side hug.  I'm fascinated by it and may need to diagram it out so I can do.  She kind of leans in and out at the same time but turns her face away for an air kiss.   I need this in my life.  Like, stat.  

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 10

I kind of don't mind what Landon said about Kathryn.  Just because Kathryn has children with Thomas doesn't make her better than Landon.  Just because a woman gives birth doesn't make her the Virgin Mary.

• Love 3

Landon in pajamas.  How is that appropriate dinner attire?  I so hate that bitch.  Who is she to look down her nose at anyone?  

Lucite crib was ugly as shit. 

I, for one, loved watching Craig stir the shit with Whitney.  It's about time.  Oh, and thank you Bravo editors for adding the clips backing up his theories.  I also remember Patricia in Whitney's room commenting on some Ann Taylor clothing she found on the floor.  I believe Kathryn that she spent time with both Whitney & Patricia at their house and it totally makes sense that they're both so butthurt now.  

• Love 20
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I kind of don't mind what Landon said about Kathryn.  Just because Kathryn has children with Thomas doesn't make her better than Landon.  Just because a woman gives birth doesn't make her the Virgin Mary.

With most anyone else, I'd easily agree on this---I'm proudly ChildFree myself and am so squicked out by the ProNatal agenda and worship of pregnancy/parenthood that is tossed about to most women.

But seeing vapid hopeful-rich housewife dilettante Landon making those comments, as if SHE has so much more going on professionally/personally than Kathryn, was just ridiculous and laughable. And plus, it smacked of pointless mean girl teasing just to make her own sad self look more accomplished.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 23
9 hours ago, Suck It Trebek said:

Can I nominate Shep's parents' mountain cabin to become the newest cast member? It certainly has more character than most of these nitwits combined. 

And has probably had less work done.....

• Love 10
(edited)
5 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

And Landon seriously needs to get over herself already, slut-shaming and questioning the accomplishments of a 23-year-old single mother. At least Kathryn was able to find a well-bred man willing to procreate with her, unlike Squinty McLaughs-A-Lot, the Bitchy Special Snowflake who can't even string together a coherent sentence.

So does this mean finding an aging alcoholic to breed with beats being single?  Didn't know that was an accomplishment.  Good to know. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9
37 minutes ago, snarts said:

Landon in pajamas.  How is that appropriate dinner attire?  I so hate that bitch.  Who is she to look down her nose at anyone?  

And just the top portion of the pajama set - who doesn't at least wear leggings or shorts when hanging out with a group??

• Love 8
1 minute ago, FlyingEgret said:

And just the top portion of the pajama set - who doesn't at least wear leggings or shorts when hanging out with a group??

I"m not picturing Craig wearing red leggings, er, "yoga pants" with a pajama top.

Nope, not picturing that at all...

• Love 11

Ok, Landon, what a B!!! Lol!! I was kind of laughing with her previously but she went to far. You can't hate on Kathryn for sleeping around and then be BFF with Shep who does the same. There are other reasons to dislike Kathryn lol. I was also annoyed by her repeatedly telling Shep his house is "lovely." Shep's house is freaking baller and I want to live there. Asheville looks fun! I don't really care about Cameron's struggle to decide if she wants to have a kid. It's a big commitment and the only problem with her not wanting kids is that husband does want kids. Sorry, Craig, I do not buy the Whitney is so sad about Kathryn thing. I would believe that he was irritated at the time POSSIBLY (or maybe not really) but I don't think he still has feeling for Kathryn. Just not buying that story.

• Love 7