Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E22: Chapter Forty-Four

6 hours ago, stet said:

So no one noticed Charo in the church as, indeed, a bridesmaid? (Would that make her Rogelio's second-best friend?)

I was just coming here to post this. I remember that Rogelio wanted her at the wedding, but when I saw her as a bridesmaid, I thought I had forgotten part of the discussion. 

I'm guessing that Aneska will have an epileptic seizure, which will give away her identity.  I hope it happens early in the season so Petra doesn't miss too much time with her babies now that she is finally bonding with them. 

Please show, do not give Raphael any more surprise children. 

• Love 5

Americans drink beverages very cold.

When this American visits family in Ireland and the UK, I've found that you have to specifically ask for ice in your soda in restaurants, and bottles of soda there have a little blurb on them that reads "best served cold." No wonder the Puritans left ;)

I knew the second Michael went to get ice he shouldn't do it. I said "no, don't leave the room!"

Yes! I was thinking: you're a character in the last 5 minutes of the season finale of a telenovela! Don't. Leave. The. Room!!

• Love 4

Wedding seemed too Americanized.  That might as well have been the wedding for Jane Smith, not Jane Villanueva.

Do telenovelas have this constantly changing cast of villains always popping into the lives of otherwise normal people?  Or is this show trying to avoid being too soapy so they shoehorn in the criminal conspiracies?

Maybe they'll kill off Michael just to always keep Jane a virgin.  Pretty cruel joke if that's the case, unless the writers give her a lifetime supply of vibrators or something.

8 hours ago, stet said:

So no one noticed Charo in the church as, indeed, a bridesmaid? (Would that make her Rogelio's second-best friend?)

I thought that Rogelio actually said Charo was his second-best friend in the last episode she was in. Michael being his first-best friend, of course.

9 minutes ago, Zanne said:

I thought that Rogelio actually said Charo was his second-best friend in the last episode she was in. Michael being his first-best friend, of course.

And Bruno Mars being his third. LOL

• Love 2
5 hours ago, cailinoBAC said:

But I do worry about something I read in an earlier article, where it was mentioned that they already knew how the whole series was going to end, I think that the ending had been planned since the beginning? This gives me 'How I Met Your Mother' fears, where the creators are so attached to their ending that they stick to it, even when the show has developed in a different direction and it no longer fits.

She claims to have a basic outline of where she'd like the story to go.  I don't think it's the only way to write a show but I think it's fine to have things planned out.  It all comes down to execution.  That's where HIMYM failed. Even though I wasn't a fan of the couple at the end, it was a valid idea for an ending.  Where HIMYM went wrong is that they knew where they wanted to end things and knew when their show was going to end but still spent their whole final season writing away from that ending instead of truly laying the foundation for it to make it satisfying.  They built to Jane and Michael, they can build away from them too. Whatever they do, it shouldn't feel tacked on.

3 hours ago, Gin and Tonic said:

Luisa ditches Rose. C'mon writers. This woman killed her father. You've mined it for its humor. Now it's just creepy.

And this is another reason I don't think Michael is dead. Reading an interview from JU in the media thread and

Spoiler

she talks about wanting to see Luisa and Rose in couples counseling to see if they can get over Rose killing her father.

So maybe she's joking.  Or maybe she's telling the truth.  But I think she has fallen in love with the Rose character a little too much and if she wants to keep the Luisa/Rose angle going, it won't work if she has killed Michael.  She could get away with killing Emilio because the audience wasn't as connected to Emilio.   

17 hours ago, Gin and Tonic said:

I've decided my favorite part of the finale is that Jane didn't change her last name. and it was treated like no big deal - they didn't even have an in-show conversation about it beforehand!

Isn't this cultural?  I think in many Spanish speaking countries a woman keeps her name.  Or keeps it and adds her husbands too.

13 hours ago, Bouffe said:

I can't even speculate on what may happen next season. If Michael is dead, I don't see how the show can bring Rafael and Jane back together without making it feel like he's a second choice. If Michael survives, how are they going to separate Michael and Jane and not make her be a giant asshole about the whole thing?

I think "first" and "second" are reserved for races.  Life doesn't always work like that. things change.  People change.  Jane isn't even 25 yet. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, scrb said:

Do telenovelas have this constantly changing cast of villains always popping into the lives of otherwise normal people?  Or is this show trying to avoid being too soapy so they shoehorn in the criminal conspiracies?

They're more likely to have some villains that stay throughout. In the original Juana La Virgen Carlota's (Petra) father was the villain. Killed people and everything, and was all around shady. He was always after Mauricio's (Rafael) magazine (for some reason I no longer remember). But the storytelling surrounding him wasn't as over the top. Jane the virgin in general is really, really over the top, in a fun way.

Isn't this cultural?  I think in many Spanish speaking countries a woman keeps her name.  Or keeps it and adds her husbands too.

As far as I know, yep.

Edited by natyxg
22 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

I think "first" and "second" are reserved for races.  Life doesn't always work like that. things change.  People change.  Jane isn't even 25 yet. 

People do change, but I do believe that, if Michael truly IS dead and Jane/Rafael are endgame, Rafael would feel like a second choice, especially considering the history that came along with it. Rafael isn't some random friend or guy she happened to meet after Michael, both fought for her affections and her heart with Michael. I could potentially see Rafael feeling like a second choice because i could see Jane involuntarily making that comparison. And this happens in real life as well even if it's not framed as second choice, but living in the dead person's shadow. If Michael is truly dead, I do think it will make Rafael feel a certain way about their relationship, if they are end game, especially because Jane is/was the one for him, where as Michael is/was the one for her. 

Hell, most of this applies if the person is living. Former relationships can be very complicated. 

• Love 2

I'm betting that direct to the chest bullet magically doesn't kill Michael. The showrunners have to know that no matter how much they intended or wanted to push Jane + Rafe forever as the end game, most fans don't buy it. The chemistry isn't there and it is between her and Michael. If they do actually kill him off, I'm going to be pretty pissed. Maybe not enough to stop watching the show because Rogelio!, but I will be very disappointed in the writers.

• Love 4

Is there any chance the show will submit Yael Grobglas for an Emmy? Her turn as Petra has always been amazing but seeing what she's done with Aneska has been spectacular. I'd fully buy they were played by two separate actresses as every aspect is so different and fully realized. And Aneska has been played as a comedic character to Petra's tight one.

• Love 7
(edited)

The show runner has said they will pick up where they left off in S3 (no time jump, IOW). I fully expect Michael to be "dead" (telenova dead). Then as the season progresses we learn he isn't, and we pick up a ton of flashbacks that we missed. It makes no sense at all for Michael to choose his wedding night to call Susana/Rose out, to do it alone when he knows how lethal she, and her stooges, can be when cornered. What was the plan? He'd arrest her then, or tell her he was going to turn her in, and then return to his honeymoon? There is a set up here, or else Michael died a really stupid death. But my money is the audience, for at least some of S3, believing Michael died, and us believing JANE believes he died as well.

The show runner seems really sold on Luisa/Rose as a love story. I'm sure she's tongue in cheek, but still. I'm not the Bridget Regan fan some seem to be. I enjoy Luisa a lot, but I have no investment in her and Rose. Did we ever meet Luisa's ex-wife?

Reading above, struck me that Michael going to get ice is almost a play on words "going to get iced."

Hope next season is fun. Between Michael being "dead", Petra being petrified, Xo pregnant with a baby she doesn't want no matter who the father may be, and what to me is a dreary Luisa/Rose alliance, wonder how they'll pull it off.

BonnieD, I agree with what you've said - however, there have been show runners who believe they can force an audience on board to a conclusion they want by eliminating options. It happens in all kinds of ways. On Mad Men, it seemed obvious to me that when the audience resisted Megan, the show trashed the other women's looks. Peggy turned into a matronly-looking drone, Betty got fat, Joan got stuck in a frowsy wig and anachronistic clothes, and Megan got a million-dollar wardrobe with everybody saying how great she is. IOW, if the show is or was committed from the start to Rafael/Jane, and married Michael/Jane just as a way to prolong story, taking Michael OFF the show might, in their reasoning, cause the audience to focus on and invest in Rafael/Jane, without Michael as a distraction. IMO that never ever works. There is a reason actors or characters don't click. Taking away the competition or distraction doesn't help. Liking Michael never stopped anyone from loving Rogelio, and I don't think it would stop anyone from liking a truly charming and empathetic Rafael. This one is a dud. This show is fun, and he's not fun. If Petra, a tightly controlled, emotionally guarded woman who finds it difficult to connect with ANYONE can be funny and entertaining despite her many trials and tribulation, rejections and disappointments, there's no excuse for Rafael. Except inadequate acting.

OTOH - they have really expanded Yael Grobglas's storyline, which suggests they ARE being more organic. One of the keys was when Petra rejected Rafael, despite loving him, because she didn't want to be second choice. If she were merely a spoiler character, she would be always after Rafael. They've also given her this double role, which she's knocking out of the park. That role is a pseudo-triangle with Rafael, with poor Petra unable to say anything as Anezka (and Magda) manipulate him, and, possibly, ruin "Petra's" life by making decisions Petra wouldn't make. That seems like a strange story to launch in the S2 finale if the S3 is going to be Jane/Rafael. Furthermore, without Michael, we don't have a point of entry to the crime drama part of the show.

Edited by DianeDobbler
  • Love 1
On 5/17/2016 at 10:21 AM, maraleia said:

Help me out here- when did Susanna show up? Was it after Rose left? If so that should've been the warning bell that she wasn't who she said she was.

Susanna was introduced in "Chapter Twenty-Six" or Jane's 25th birthday episode.  "Rose" is lasted listed in "Chapter Twenty-Four" in which Jane get Mateo back.

Susanna seemed to be not working for Michael's best interests, which included him going "off the book" in his police work, so at first she looked like she may be Internal Affairs.  I don't recall ever thinking she might be "Rose".  I did think something was off when she was talking with Michael about what was on the chip (before/after photos of Rose's clients), but not this classic soap/telenovella reveal we had.

Strangely, I feel sorry for Luisa.  She finally seemed to have her life together and have a non-villain love interest only to have that all go with the mask.

It's funny - I had been sure that the bodybuilder Luisa was dating had to be Rose with a new face, but it never occurred to me that was the case with Susanna. If the point of the body builder was to throw us off track, then well done, show.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, DianeDobbler said:

The show runner has said they will pick up where they left off in S3 (no time jump, IOW). I fully expect Michael to be "dead" (telenova dead). Then as the season progresses we learn he isn't, and we pick up a ton of flashbacks that we missed. It makes no sense at all for Michael to choose his wedding night to call Susana/Rose out, to do it alone when he knows how lethal she, and her stooges, can be when cornered. What was the plan? He'd arrest her then, or tell her he was going to turn her in, and then return to his honeymoon? There is a set up here, or else Michael died a really stupid death. But my money is the audience, for at least some of S3, believing Michael died, and us believing JANE believes he died as well.

But there was no time for any plan. That's not how they set up the scene at all. The "roll" thing was supposed to be the moment when it all clicked for Michael and he acted impulsively, which is something we HAVE seen before from him. And he didn't think she was Rose, he thought she was a mole.

Besides, why would Michael plan to fake his death on his wedding night? Even more so after waiting 5 years to finally have sex with Jane.

• Love 6

Please show, do not give Raphael any more surprise children. 

Or DO!! It would be kind of fun if 'infertile' Raphael impregnates one woman after another as a running gag.

Wedding seemed too Americanized.  That might as well have been the wedding for Jane Smith, not Jane Villanueva.

But Jane is an American surely? She is quite happy with her heritage, but she is second generation in the USA. I'm not even sure if she speaks Spanish (obviously she understands it). My daughter doesn't speak, or even really understand my first language.

It makes no sense at all for Michael to choose his wedding night to call Susana/Rose out, to do it alone when he knows how lethal she, and her stooges, can be when cornered. What was the plan?

There wasn't one. He had no idea she wasn't who she said she was until that moment and Susana/Rose shot him before he could do anything but realize that, not even who she might really be or might work for.

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, petalfrog said:

Is there any chance the show will submit Yael Grobglas for an Emmy? Her turn as Petra has always been amazing but seeing what she's done with Aneska has been spectacular.

Shows typically submit all their stars in one category or another since there's no limit. So yes, she will be submitted.  The long shot is in actually getting a nomination. 

Did we ever meet Luisa's ex-wife?

No, we only saw Luisa catch her cheating on her. We never saw the actual woman.

11 hours ago, DianeDobbler said:

.IOW, if the show is or was committed from the start to Rafael/Jane, and married Michael/Jane just as a way to prolong story, taking Michael OFF the show might, in their reasoning, cause the audience to focus on and invest in Rafael/Jane, without Michael as a distraction. IMO that never ever works. Liking Michael never stopped anyone from loving Rogelio, and I don't think it would stop anyone from liking a truly charming and empathetic Rafael.

A few days ago Jennie was quoted in a pre-finale article mentioning how split the audience still is between the two couples with maybe even a slight edge to those who still want her with Rafael. I bring that up not to argue who is more popular but to say that even though some won't be swayed even if Michael goes bye-bye, just as some J/R fans haven't been swayed by the full court press this show has done with J/M over the past ten episodes, much of the audience is in it for Jane and is Jane flexible.  They can tell their story.  Some are going to love it. Some are going to hate it.  But it will take more than who Jane chooses to make people want to put it in the HIMYM Hall of Fame.

Furthermore, without Michael, we don't have a point of entry to the crime drama part of the show.

I'm not saying they're going to kill Michael but Michael hasn't really been the point of entry to the crime drama part of the show.  It has been the Marbella crew.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 3
On 5/18/2016 at 0:35 AM, Nanrad said:

People do change, but I do believe that, if Michael truly IS dead and Jane/Rafael are endgame, Rafael would feel like a second choice, especially considering the history that came along with it. Rafael isn't some random friend or guy she happened to meet after Michael, both fought for her affections and her heart with Michael. I could potentially see Rafael feeling like a second choice because i could see Jane involuntarily making that comparison. And this happens in real life as well even if it's not framed as second choice, but living in the dead person's shadow. If Michael is truly dead, I do think it will make Rafael feel a certain way about their relationship, if they are end game, especially because Jane is/was the one for him, where as Michael is/was the one for her. 

Hell, most of this applies if the person is living. Former relationships can be very complicated. 

I think (assuming Michael is dead) that will be the season three conflict.  Jane will mourn Michael, and eventually be drawn to Rafael again (I hope there is a time jump at some point), and Rafael will have a hard time not comparing himself and not doubting Jane's love.  I think it would be a mistake to try to continue the love triangle, but obviously they will want more conflict and drama and that will be a way to generate it.  The ending, and their "happy ending," will come at the end of the show right around the time Rafael comes to terms with Jane's love for him and for Michael.

Mind you, that's not what I want. I adored Michael and their relationship, and I was Team Michael all the way.  But like some of you, if the endgame is Jane and Rafael (so bland!) I'd rather Michael just be dead.  Any other outcome (Michael having amnesia, Michael being in a coma, Jane deciding she no longer wants to be married to him) would be a real turn-off for me.  Plus, I am highly amused by the idea that Jane is both a mother and a widow and still a virgin.

It is quite common for Latinas to keep their names upon marriage (I did), or to hyphenate/use both.  Although the latter can get out of control, given that it is also common for Latinos to use both their mother's and their father's last name.  Also, I didn't find her wedding too Americanized -- heck, mine was even more "American" (with some notable examples) and I was born in P.R.

• Love 2

I'm an way too invested in this show, as I mourn Michael's possible death this morning. My fingers are crossed that in soap opera tradition, he is in a coma next season. That they already have Petra in a near coma supports that my hope will probably not be fulfilled. But he really is the right one for Jane!!

I suspected all season that something was up with Susanna. Cracked up when they chose the "wearing a face mask" (which surely Luisa would have felt when kissing) ploy. Along with the evil twin trope, this show is quite a fun satire on the soap opera. (Except, please let Michael live!!)

I'm an way too invested in this show, as I mourn Michael's possible death this morning. My fingers are crossed that in soap opera tradition, he is in a coma next season. That they already have Petra in a near coma supports that my hope will probably not be fulfilled. But he really is the right one for Jane!!

I suspected all season that something was up with Susanna. Cracked up when they chose the "wearing a face mask" (which surely Luisa would have felt when kissing) ploy. Along with the evil twin trope, this show is quite a fun satire on the soap opera. (Except, please let Michael live!!)

So, I didn't read all the comments so I don't know if someone else said it, but I just realized: "Susanna" means "Rose"! It comes from the Hebrew word for rose, "Shoshanna". 

Pretty neat hint there, actually.

• Love 9
On 5/16/2016 at 10:27 PM, Irlandesa said:

Sorry for ranting. I feel like this show is an absuive relationship I need to get out of.  Its negatives for me far outweigh its charms. 

You say that just about every episode. :) I predict we'll see you back here when JtV starts back up. You just can't quit her. 

(edited)
3 hours ago, Mystical chick said:

You say that just about every episode. :) I predict we'll see you back here when JtV starts back up. You just can't quit her. 

Ha. Very true.  Although, I find it more difficult to quit the conversation and hope for a soap I could love.   I've actually found it surprisingly easy to miss episodes of JTV or parts of episodes of JTV.

Maybe I'm too picky in my old age.  It's kind of like romance novels. I would love to read one and get lost in it but inevitably I quit whatever I start at some point because the way I remember them is better than the way they are.  That's how I feel about telenovelas/soaps. I would love to follow one and enjoy it but I run up against things that irritate me too much.  For a while, I thought JTV was gonna be it but then we hit S1 Ep 15.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 1

Very late to this party, but I just binged the second season on Netflix and really enjoyed it, as well as catching up on the conversation around here. It was a lot of fun, and I think I've finally learned to let go of some of the things about JtV that annoy me (I usually hate love triangles and surprise pregnancy plots, for starters), and just let myself be charmed by it without having high expectations for any particular character journeys or romantic relationships. I think it's kind of necessary when you're watching a show that is so explicitly designed to undo anything that happens within a few episodes-don't get invested!

With that in mind, I honestly don't expect that Michael will definitively die (the actor is just way too much of an asset to the show), or that the writers will have any trouble switching back to Jane/Rafael at some point next season (and then probably on to Jane/Michael again, if the show continues on long enough). They employ time jumps, abrupt characterization changes, crazy twists and selective plot memory with abandon, and because the story is so fast-paced and the cast is utterly charming, it generally works. I mean, look at how into Jane and Michael's wedding everyone was by the finale-that came out of nowhere in the back end of the season, and they basically had all of Michael's flaws go poof! to make it happen, but the audience went with it. It's a particular magic that I haven't seen in any other shows, and I'm just surrendering to it at this point. On to season 3!

• Love 1

I just binged all of this on Netflix, too, and agree with most of what you say, stagmania. However, I definitely still hate love triangles and it's really the only part of the show I disliked. So I'm disappointed that it looks like they'll be revisiting that.

Anyway, I'm just glad that they got married - the whole wedding was so lovely! I teared up when Michael started his vows in Spanish and again when he gave her the snow globe. Rogelio was a delight throughout. I didn't think Bruno Mars would actually appear when Rogelio namedropped him earlier so that was a nice surprise.

Can't wait for season 3 - I just really hope Michael isn't dead (despite the number of death anvils) as I enjoy his character both with and without Jane, though I do prefer him as her partner. I find Rafael dull as dishwater and I like his chemistry with Petra, it just isn't there with Jane. And Brett Dier is just charming, so here's hoping he survives.

• Love 5
On 5/17/2016 at 4:04 AM, SeanC said:

The instant that "roll tide" anecdote was introduced at the wedding I guessed exactly how the episode would end.

Rose's mask is one of the most ridiculous and awesome things I've seen on TV in a while.

They did it on "La Femme Nikita" 2 decades ago, they used both latex masks and voice modulators to hide in plain sight. So this brought back childhood TV memories :D

nikitaflm2.jpg

Finally all caught up - dreading the inevitable Rafael/Jane reunion next season. I just don't feel them together at all especially while Michael is still around. He and Jane just fit so well and I think there's still so much more storyline potential even with them together. I feel they're equals whereas with Rafael/Jane I always feel like he has to apologize to her for everything. He's never good enough. Similar to how with Rafael/Petra she's forever apologizing and is never good enough for him.

• Love 2

What a great season overall! I binged on Seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix over the summer. This is such a great show! I love all of the characters, minus Magda.

A couple of thoughts on the season 2 finale:

- I knew that the overall sentimental tones of the episode would mean big trouble by the end. They've been teasing us with Michael's impending doom since Season 1. Although, I really don't think he's going to die. The gun shot him in the chest but above the heart. More than likely, punctured a lung (dangerous but he could live).

- Rogelio and Xo neeed to be together! The scene outside of the wedding near the end where they both admit that they still want to be together while acknowledging that nothing has changed, completely broke my heart! Also, are we really sure that the baby is Esteban's?  I seem to remember a post-breakup hookup between Xo and Rogelio late into the season before Dina.

- Abuela's confession of her real wedding story was funny but also sad. No wonder she slut-shamed Xiomara all those years. It's what she grew up with.

- I'm really impressed with Petra's character growth. They could have made her into a classic villain but she's really not. More or less, she grew up with a terrible mother and doesn't feel like she deserves to be loved. She tries her absolute best with Rafael, the babies, and Jane. I believe deep down, she's a great person. I love that Jane thinks of Petra as family. In fact, I love their growing bond! I am rooting for Petra to get her happily ever after at the end of all of this.

- Not gonna lie, I knew Susanna was going to biff answering "Roll" when Michael said the phrase to her. I did not however, expect Susanna to be Sin Rostro! Poor Luisa!

- Rafael's almost confession of love to Jane also broke my heart. Even though there is a lot of love between Michael and Jane (and they seem like the perfect fit), I still root for Rafael. I think he and Jane would have a great happily ever after. I think she would have passion with Raf. I kind of ship both pairings, actually.

I am excited for Season 3! Bring it on!

• Love 1

I've also been bingeing this show on Netflix over the past couple of weeks, and saw the finale today. I love how over the top the show is at making fun of telenovela tropes, love Rogelio, love Jane trying to figure out her career path (reminds me of myself at that age, but sans baby), love her relationship with Xo and Abuela, and love Mr Sweetface Mateo, who is one of the cutest babies I've ever seen.

What I don't love is the Jane/Michael/Rafael triangle dragging on for so long, and now with Michael getting shot (killed?) it'll probably drag on into next season. It would have been such a fresh take on the genre if Jane had decided to take some time before settling down, finish grad school, maybe get her first novel published, casually date a few different guys, while juggling it all with motherhood. Both Michael and Rafael would still be in her life - Rafael because he's Mateo's dad, and Michael because of the crime that keeps happening at the Marbella - and she may still choose one of them at the end of the series, but it would be great to not have her obsess about one or the other at any given time.

I've never warmed to Petra, but she's become more interesting with the introduction of Anezka (that's four sets of twins on the show now, yes?). As much as I would normally be horrified at anyone suffering from lock-in syndrome, I was distracted by how much better Anezka's English is when she's impersonating Petra than when she's speaking as herself. This show never fails with the over the top ridiculousness. 

Speaking of ridiculousness, Rose with the Susannah-mask? And Luisa didn't notice anything during the makeout sessions and "light hand stuff"? She must have been really drunk the entire time.

I hate that Xo has been saddled with a pregnancy after she had very eloquently explained why she didn't want to have any more children. I just know she'll be miserable if she has to have the baby, but I don't think the show is edgy enough to go through with an abortion. They'll probably chicken out with a false positive or an early miscarriage. 

Another who just finished binging the season on Netflix here.

They telegraphed much of the season's twists throughout and I expected Sin Rostro/Suzanna, Xo's pregnancy, and Anezka stepping in for Petra.  What I didn't expect was the wedding going ahead.  Once it did, I knew Michael was in danger.  I suspect he doesn't die, get amnesia or linger in a coma.  It would be very like this show to use the fact that he was shot in the heart to "kill" his love and push all of the players in different directions.  I do hope they don't kill the triangle by running it into the ground.  Jane is young and her attraction to her former advisor proves she may not be ready to commit. 

I am frustrated that we never picked up the Mutter storyline significantly after she was found in the hole in the hotel floor, bound and gagged. 

Awwww, I loved seeing how excited Jane and Rafael were to see Mateo walking.

I know I'm supposed to root for Jane and Michael to live happily ever after, but the disagreement they had about how much the last minute hotel room cost and if they need to discuss before they spend that much money is something they should have talked about ages ago. Or, you know, at least six weeks ago when they got engaged again. The fact that this is the second time they have been engaged makes it all the more annoying that they haven't talked about basic things like that. Great that Michael brought it up at 10pm the night before their wedding, but good lord, that is the kind of stuff you should talk about loooooooong before the wedding.

This is a soap so of course there was a last minute meeting about her thesis and Rogelio left the air conditioning on and they had to take the bus. When Jane said that Michael was going to TRY to stall the wedding, I was like ha, you don't need to actually try to stall since the wedding can't start without the bride!

I loved everything about the wedding, from Rafael deciding not to declare his love to Jane and Michael reciting his vows in Spanish to the Virgin Mary statue talking to Jane and everyone singing that Jane should go have sex. Loved all the dancing at the reception too.

As much as I love Ro & Xo, I am glad that they are being honest and realistic. He still wants kids and she doesn't. Nothing has changed. Yes, they love each other, but that is not something they can compromise on. You either have kids or you don't.

Ha, I KNEW that Rose wasn't dead and I KNEW that Anezka was going to take over Petra's identity!

I really hope that Xo's pregnancy test was a false positive. No more pregnancies/babies, please.

Several episodes ago, Rogelio referred to Charo as his third best friend (after Gloria and Oprah) so I wonder what happened to his previous lineup to bump Charo up to his second best friend. Either Gloria or Oprah got moved down to fourth!

Has anyone seen that movie about the author with locked in syndrome? I can't remember the name of it. But there are ways to help people communicate, using eye blinks. I am hoping Petra will be able to do that-- this is not the way they did it in the movie I saw, but I'm thinking it would be fun if she uses morse code. And who knows what was in the syringe Anezka used? Maybe it's temporary, or they can find an antidote. Still-- the heartbreak of being betrayed by her sister would be as bad as the paralysis (it's not a coma; she's awake, just paralyzed).

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - I still haven't seen the movie, but the book is excellent. One of my paranoid fears is that I will be injured and then unable to communicate. I've already told my family that if I seem like I can't communicate, they need to see if I can tap/wiggle my fingers or toes or blink my eyes. [/as crazy as Rose?]

Australians have these things called refrigerators. They often have freezers as well. I guess that's where the cultural difference comes from

Refrigerators exist in America but most hotel rooms don't have their own full sized refrigerators with ice makers. It's cheaper for a hotel to install one ice maker on each floor and have people go fetch their own ice than to buy and maintain refrigerators for every room in the hotel. Most people don't want or need refrigerators while they're on vacation so they go unused. And that's not just cheap hotels. I stayed at the Four Seasons and we had a small refrigerator full of booze and beverages but there was no freezer section or ice maker in it. There was a fancy metallic ice bucket to take down the hall to the ice machine (most hotels have plastic or leather ice buckets).

Pretty Little Liars has spent the last season with characters supposedly using this lifelike masks. The first time it happened, I laughed so hard. It was like a cross between Scooby Doo and Mission Impossible. Rose is one manipulative bitch. You'd think she would have done a tiny bit of research. I am not from the South (in my entire life, I've been to Florida twice for work, New Orleans once for work, and North Carolina three times for visit friends) but even I know about "Roll Tide."

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Last Time Lord said:

Okay, Netflix. You can add season 3 any moment now. 

Really. Need to see the follow up to this. 

This was me in January. I started recording then, but still had to catch up on 8-9 eps. It was torture. I *may have found some eps online...

• Love 1
On 5/29/2017 at 2:46 AM, Last Time Lord said:

Okay, Netflix. You can add season 3 any moment now. 

Really. Need to see the follow up to this. 

Season 3 now available, according to email from Netflix!

(edited)
18 minutes ago, betsyboo said:

Season 3 now available, according to email from Netflix!

Really? I didn't see it on the video Netflix put on YouTube of everything they are releasing in June. 

However, if true: \O/

Edit: Just checked. It's there! \O/!

Edited by Last Time Lord
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Last Time Lord said:

Really? I didn't see it on the video Netflix put on YouTube of everything they are releasing in June. 

However, if true: \O/

Edit: Just checked. It's there! \O/!

We will expect to hear from you in approx 5 days... :-)