Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

Adam replied to a comment on Instagram saying they’re going to make a video on this soon. Sounds like they decided to end the show.  Something to the effect of it being 100% a decision they made with their kids and family’s interests at heart.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, justduckey said:

Adam replied to a comment on Instagram saying they’re going to make a video on this soon. Sounds like they decided to end the show.  Something to the effect of it being 100% a decision they made with their kids and family’s interests at heart.

He probably meant the family's financial interests, otherwise he would stop filming and posting on youtube altogether. My guess is TLC was not willing to pay as much as the Busbys demanded. But maybe he was just click baiting and the show isn't cancelled at all. They still seem to have a huge fan base. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

A Starbucks Party. Of course. I hope the caffeine kept all the girls awake all night. On the other hand, Adam and Danielle couldn't care less. That would have been the nanny's problem. 

Edited by Elodia
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

I imagine the kids like the pink drinks with lots of whipped cream or the other fruity offerings. Starbucks has plenty of expensive choices that would appeal to kids.  They even have frappuchinos without coffee.

• Love 2
On 4/4/2022 at 9:55 AM, druzy said:

A Starbucks birthday. Free coffee!

capture-20220404-115022.png

As usual, "Blake wanted a Starbucks party" translates to "we got Starbucks to give us all this crap for free if we posted this advertisement for them." 

Ditto for the tent company.

• Like 1
  • Love 12

There was a story on Adam's Instagram where Hazel is leaving for school and her backpack is very full.  Adam chides her in front of the other kids, asking her why her backpack is so puffy.  You can see the embarrassment in the poor girl's face.  She tries to sneak away, but he stops her and unzips her backpack.  Hazel had shoved several stuffed animals in there that she was trying to take to school.  Top notch parenting there to not only embarrass your child in front of your other children, but then to post it on social media.  These children are not surviving childhood unscathed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

7th birthday recap - big donuts with chocolate milk for breakfast, ice cream, a cookie cake and of course, a giant cake for each girl at the party with all their friends 🥴

And apparently, they're still using sippy cups at age 7

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 4/23/2022 at 1:31 AM, overtherainbow said:

And apparently, they're still using sippy cups at age 7

They probably haven't found a china company that wants to sponsor them yet. 

• LOL 10

Danielle's finally hitting the gym again. On her IG she said something like her autoummune issues and lots of pain kept her from working out. Nothing further on her disease, but she "works on compiling all things to share". Wanna bet she doesn't give that compiled advises for free? 

Edited by Elodia
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
On 5/14/2022 at 5:12 PM, overtherainbow said:

Hazel had three cavities, I'm not surprised what with all the junk dumb and dumber feed them. Hate parents who don't take care of their kids teeth.

I don't get why they feed their kids such crap, especially since dumb und dumber (nice one, @overtherainbow) seem to eat very healthy. But those kids are allowed to choose their own snacks for school. Danielle once showed their pantry which is full of Chips, Cookies, Chocolates and other unhealthy stuff. Why don't they prepare a healthy snack and include some fruit or veggies? 

Speaking of their kids' teeth: It seems Parker has an underbite and I hope it will be taken care of too. 

• Love 3
On 5/14/2022 at 9:12 AM, overtherainbow said:

Hazel had three cavities, I'm not surprised what with all the junk dumb and dumber feed them. Hate parents who don't take care of their kids teeth.

Some people just have bad teeth and it doesn't matter what they do (or don't do).  I ate a lot of junk as a kid and my teeth turned out fine.

• Love 6
On 5/17/2022 at 2:04 AM, Elodia said:

I don't get why they feed their kids such crap, especially since dumb und dumber (nice one, @overtherainbow) seem to eat very healthy. But those kids are allowed to choose their own snacks for school. Danielle once showed their pantry which is full of Chips, Cookies, Chocolates and other unhealthy stuff. Why don't they prepare a healthy snack and include some fruit or veggies? 

Speaking of their kids' teeth: It seems Parker has an underbite and I hope it will be taken care of too. 

I've often wondered about that too. Why do they prioritize their health so much but then not care at all what the kids eat? They're more than likely already addicted to sugar and that's definitely going to cause health issues in the future. Kids are active when they're young, but as soon as they hit their teenage years, if they don't slow down on the candy and other crap, they're going to end up overweight or with diabetes. Clearly they have healthy food in the house so why not let them choose one snack and also make them bring carrots/celery/whatever?

11 minutes ago, Bookworm 1979 said:

Some people just have bad teeth and it doesn't matter what they do (or don't do).  I ate a lot of junk as a kid and my teeth turned out fine.

I'm guessing you/your parents made sure your teeth were brushed every night and morning. Adam & Danielle are too self-absorbed to be bothered with something as trivial as tooth brushing. They probably let them do it themselves for fear they'd be "mean parents" if they insisted on helping.

• Love 5

I'm happy that Adumb and Danielle aren't filming at all now. But, TLC according to Adumb, didn't cancel them. They were never cancelled, they just took a break and apparently, they're in good terms with everyone. It's their decision(Adumb and Danielle)'s to take a break from filming and yet they film on Instagram and Facebook? Yeah, that makes sense. Also, I'm not shocked they don't give their kids healthy snacks for school. They're losers and always will be. They'd rather that their kids have cavities forever than actually care when they lose their baby teeth. Even when they get adult teeth, they still won't care that their teenage daughters need root canals and multiple fillings. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On his Insta, Adam announced their stans are up for a few surprises. And he said Outdaughtered isn't cancelled. So I guess Adumb and Danielle along with their not-so-little-anymore cash cows will be hitting the small screens again. Oh my, as if Adumb's ego isn't big enough already, but of course, somebody's gonna pay for all those vacations. And Dumbielle's lip fillers. Can't wait what fake storylines they'll come up with. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Elodia said:

On his Insta, Adam announced their stans are up for a few surprises. And he said Outdaughtered isn't cancelled. So I guess Adumb and Danielle along with their not-so-little-anymore cash cows will be hitting the small screens again. Oh my, as if Adumb's ego isn't big enough already, but of course, somebody's gonna pay for all those vacations. And Dumbielle's lip fillers. Can't wait what fake storylines they'll come up with. 

If anyone is interested in letting the Director of TLC know how you feel about the possibility of this show continuing, the contact information is:

http://howardlee@mac.com

http://howard_lee@discovery.com

Edited by eel21788
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Sounds like the same old storylines.  I wonder how legit the store is after being lied to about the cycle studio partnership before. 

So, it all comes down to money with the parents, as usual. 

The store is called Graeson Bee Boutique.   It has baby stuff, and mother/daughter coordinating outfits.  Plus some Daddy and Me with coordinating outfits.   

Why are little kids wearing dark red lipstick?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, Miss February said:

Seems they didn't take lightly their decision to return. And they now have producer credits.

I am four minutes in and bored to tears, how can people talk incessantly about nothing?  Obviously God takes and controls total responsibility for their every thought, decision and choice and maybe that will be the focus moving forward.  I did watch another video with clips from an upcoming episode where the girls are still talking like like two year olds.  What i listened to here during four minutes focused a lot on this couple needing and taking breaks.  I seem to recall that being an ongoing theme in previous seasons too.  For a young couple who don’t often hold down regular employment this just gets tiresome.  On a more positive note, nice to see Danielle not looking so thin.

Edited by endure
  • Like 6
On 6/8/2023 at 9:02 PM, endure said:

Obviously God takes and controls total responsibility for their every thought, decision and choice

Good to know it was God's decision to have the quints potty training filmed. I can't with those two.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

It's nice to see Danielle not looking so thin (actually, she just looked young and athletic), but she's not too aging well in my humble opinion.  A nasty personality always shows on one's face eventually!  As for the twins, they're looking more and more like Mimi as they grow up, and Riley is still Adam's clone.  Parker is striking, and Hazel is (happily) pretty.

I'll be watching but hoping poor Riley won't still be the family scapegoat.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
(edited)

I like the Busbys but the show got very boring. What drew me in in the first place was watching what taking care of quint newborns was like. It stayed interesting until they were about 3 or 4. Then it just became boring shows about going on trips.

Edited by JeanJean
rogue apostrophe
  • Like 6

Can you imagine going to Hawaii for a relaxing trip & ending up on the same plane, or near the same hotel room with this bunch? a nightmare 🤪

• Like 11
3 hours ago, xls said:

Can you imagine going to Hawaii for a relaxing trip & ending up on the same plane, or near the same hotel room with this bunch? a nightmare 🤪

I was thinking the same thing if I saw a huge group of people in matching shirts with their names on them (another TLC show).

You know they would expect everyone to bend and scrape and kiss their feet. It would be miserable to be around them.

• Like 6
(edited)

I’m watching the Busby vacation episodes marathon. On the first morning of the Disney cruise, they feed the kids doughnuts for breakfast in their room. I understand giving them a little something while everyone’s getting showered and dressed before going down for a real breakfast (assuming they even had a real breakfast), but surely they could have had something better than pure sugar. Then dumb and dumber whine that the quints don’t nap or rest. 

4 hours ago, xls said:

I know, painful! I noticed on the Hawaii trip and Disney cruise, there were a few places that were devoid of other people. Like when they checked into the hotel in Hawaii, the lobby was empty of guests and they had the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique room on the cruise to themselves. They probably did that for ease of shooting the scenes but I wonder how many normal guests were inconvenienced at all these places. Imagine being told your hotel lobby is blocked off for X amount of time while these grifters shoot their scenes.

Edited by Mrs. Landingham
  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

ut surely they could have had something better than pure sugar.

I know right? For those body-conscious fitness fans like Adumb and Domielle, they feed their kids a lot of sugar. When they gave their tv audience a tour of their newly renovated house, they showed their pantry too. It was full of unhealthy stuff, doritos, chocolates, all that unhealthy, sugary, fattening stuff. And every girl gets to choose what to bring to school as a snack. Mindblown.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

I cringed when Danielle sneered at poor Blayke when Blayke didn’t want to do that water slide thing on the cruise. Yes, kids often are scared and yes, it’s also often true that once they do something they end up loving it but there was no need for Danielle’s scorn and sarcasm. Blayke was also painfully aware of the cameras because she was trying to tell her parents quietly that she didn’t want to do it. Someone ought to sneer in Danielle’s face and she how she likes it “Remember when you CRIED at ziplining in Hawaii but after you did it you liked it, RIGHT??”

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
On 4/21/2022 at 4:09 PM, judyjudyjudy said:

There was a story on Adam's Instagram where Hazel is leaving for school and her backpack is very full.  Adam chides her in front of the other kids, asking her why her backpack is so puffy.  You can see the embarrassment in the poor girl's face.  She tries to sneak away, but he stops her and unzips her backpack.  Hazel had shoved several stuffed animals in there that she was trying to take to school.  Top notch parenting there to not only embarrass your child in front of your other children, but then to post it on social media.  These children are not surviving childhood unscathed.

Weren't they always referring to Hazel as a 'problem' in past seasons? She seems to be the pee-on, I feel bad for her.

• Sad 4

The parents live to embarass their kids on TV, and their own video.    I think one of the other girls was their scapegoat, Riley or one of the others.    However, they expect Hazel to keep up with the other kids, and with her eye issues, that's not always possible.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

I just watched the episode when Riley had to get the staple removed from the healed wound on her head. It was more painful than they or the doctor anticipated. Later, Adam expressed guilt that he previously told Riley that it was going to be super easy. In the car when going home, he asked her “are you mad at me?” “Are you mad at Dr. Kimble?” Now why ask her that?? Why make her afraid of a doctor and why attribute blame to anyone in the first place? Weird. 

• Like 6
(edited)

I was also wondering why the girls still seem to talk like babies, girls that are turning seven. I also thought it was strange and one of the promos were the girls were talking about turning seven and one of them held up seven fingers. That kind of seemed babyish to me too. 
I also noticed how Danielle shamed Blayke about not doing the scuba thing on her first try. “Well I guess we’ll all just sit here for an hour and a half on the boat and no one will go in the water” - something like that.

. I’m sure Patience runs thin on these big trips trying to manage all these children, but I was surprised she didn’t even try to validate Blakes feelings, maybe some thing like “I know it’s scary, and I can understand why you’re afraid, but you and I can try it together and I’ll be right next to you if you don’t like it we’re right here by the boat” - something like that.

Adam, taking Hazel to the doctor and saying some thing about maybe they weren’t the most vigilant with her wearing the eyepatch every day.?!?

Geez, it seems like they’re always doing something to please Danielle.  anniversary parties ,facials from the girls at home, Etc. I mean it’s nice to teach the girls to do things for others but I don’t know. the dynamic is just appearing weird on camera to me.

Edited by seasons
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
(edited)

I wonder if they have D. on steroids  , which might be causing the puffiness. ?

also, for this Thanksgiving thing, at least Adam was trying to solve the problem and have the hibachi dinner outside, but D. Is questioning everything about it level but you can see how the girls pick up the attitude towards him of questioning him, and almost not respecting him. The way that they learn to treat their father is very possibly how they’re going to treat boyfriends and men in the future. I don’t know like I said I haven’t watched in a while and this whole dynamic is really something.

Edited by seasons
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

I liked seeing them again. That said, I think skipping a few years before filming again from here on is a good idea. Gives the girls privacy. And kids don't change day-to-day quickly like babies do. But I do enjoy catching up with them.

(edited)

Unfortunately, since Adam's only job is filming and promoting the girls, they are always being filmed by him for sponsors, and to keep their various online channels profitable.      Virtually everything they do is for sponsors, and endorsements. 

And this season Danielle's boutique and online store, that the 7 - 8 year-olds model for on the show, wearing bright red lipstick.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Sad 5
15 hours ago, seasons said:

I wonder if they have D. on steroids  , which might be causing the puffiness. ?

I thought the same thing. Often prednisone is given for autoimmune diseases especially if there is inflammation. And this can cause weight gain and bloated face look. 

• Like 2

Something I have always disliked about this show- yet I keep on watching it- is how they always label their kids.   Even when Riley was a newborn they labeled her the feisty one/the troublemaker.  They kept calling Parker shy in front of her.     I find most of their labels skew negative. I always believe the more you tell a kid they are something the more they become that.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1