Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

OutDaughtered

Recommended Posts

On 4/11/2021 at 5:50 AM, druzy said:

Riley looks like she is forcing a smile, but maybe she's not. I would be upset if all my siblings got a double layered cake and I got a single layer cake.

image.png.9699d6fb42dce57afdb791bcb5d70a13.png

Hazel looks like she's taking a dump

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, Dustbunny said:

Hazel looks like she's taking a dump

Hahaha! She regularly looks like she's taking a dump. I've mentioned it in the past, but she always has that blank expression. Sometimes it's accompanied by a smile, but half the time she looks like the lights are on, but nobody's home. If you ever watch A&D's instagram stories, if she's in the picture, she stares at it like she's never seen her own face before. It's really weird.. Someone said earlier on that they wonder if her nystagmus is related to an underlying brain condition, and to be honest, I've wondered that many times in the past. There's something different about her face. Not trying to sound mean, but it's true. I know she was squished at the bottom when Danielle was pregnant, but it's almost of like she may have been deprived of nutrients or oxygen or something. I do think she's become a pretty normal kid, and otherwise seems like she's right up there with the other ones, but something is off, neurological or otherwise. I'm surprised they haven't taken her to a neurologist about her eye condition at all. I know she goes to the eye doctor, but many eye conditions are closely related to some sort of neurological issue.

Speaking of instagram stories, Adam's latest: 1. he blatantly hovered the camera over the Mercedes logo on the front of the car he was washing. Not at all a humble brag. 2. When they were talking about the thing Ava got for her birthday from her friend, it struck my again how much they sound and talk like 3 year olds. Seriously, they're 6 now. It's really starting to become unsettling. Blayke spoke more normally than they did when she was 6, and that was on top of her adopting the 'baby talk' to communicate with them. I'm not surprised Randi doesn't say anything about it, but she also didn't bother mentioning that Hazel can barely see in class. What a joke that woman is.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

They're never going to take Hazel to another specialist.   They don't even tell the truth to the ophthalmologist about Hazel's condition on their televised visits, and sit there while Hazel refuses to cooperate.     If it wasn't for the filming, I don't think they would even go to the doctor for Hazel.  

Everything they go to, like the birthday party place, is sponsored, and free to them.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They're never going to take Hazel to another specialist.   They don't even tell the truth to the ophthalmologist about Hazel's condition on their televised visits, and sit there while Hazel refuses to cooperate.     If it wasn't for the filming, I don't think they would even go to the doctor for Hazel.  

Everything they go to, like the birthday party place, is sponsored, and free to them.  

Yet they whine and complain about her condition all the time. They'd almost have you convinced that they care. That's the crazy part. Why bother going all the way to those appointments only to have her sit there and not open her mouth? She's just going to keep falling behind on things and in turn, the rest of those kids will suffer because Adam can't handle anyone being left behind. So if Hazel can't do something because they can't get their shit together enough to have her properly treated, neither will any of the others. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/11/2021 at 8:41 AM, sATL said:

I should be surprised that TLC would allow someone on probation for DUI to continue to film. 

The source article was written 4/6 (which means the case was probably a few days before) - in the middle of birthday week , so I guess that is/was another  one of life stresses on Danielle's plate. And a bill for a good lawyer & bail - sounded like she got a good plea deal.. only 1 year probation and 24 hrs community svc ? hmmm..

Wonder how does the real estate firm feel about this..

The article said part of the agreement is "Theriot is also forbidden from consuming alcohol and using other controlled substances for a year."  Is there more to this or is this just a standard legalistic phrase  ? And how is this checked/monitored ? 🍿

the article said there would be random drug tests  

Edited by sue450
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/9/2021 at 7:58 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I find it impossible to believe that Mimi never drove drunk before, maybe just never got caught before.     

She's been arrested at least twice in Louisiana, although the reason isn't readily available. I might do a little more googling if I get interested enough.

https://louisianamugshots.org/result?firstName=michelle&lastName=theriot&county=all

Share this post


Link to post

11 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

She's been arrested at least twice in Louisiana, although the reason isn't readily available. I might do a little more googling if I get interested enough.

https://louisianamugshots.org/result?firstName=michelle&lastName=theriot&county=all

Well that's not very family-friendly. Shows have been pulled off the air for much less. I'm surprised this hasn't resulted in any sort of penalty, like Mimi being cut from existing & future episodes.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe she has fibromyalgia.

I am just catching up on this season.  I never thought the kids were close to 6 years old. I don’t like the way they have Riley pegged as the “bad girl”. Sometimes it seems like her mother can barely look at her.

Edited by Emmeline
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Don't people realize that the show was filmed a while ago and if Danielle had some serious issues (healthwise) she would already be in treatment? 

Makes me wonder what the storyline for the next season will be. Adam starting Menopause while celebrating the quints' seventh birthday on Mars?

Busb.jpg

Edited by Elodia
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/9/2021 at 9:10 AM, justdoit10 said:

Agree.  Here description of her headache with the back of her neck hurting sounds more like a tension headache and not a migraine.   My sister has migraines and she is down for the count.  she pukes , needs complete darkness, can't even open her eyes, has to lay down.   She always carries Sumatrin with her.

Exactly. I used to get terrible tension headaches (thought they were from allergies) and they’re very uncomfortable but nowhere near a migraine. I’m a PA and seeing her milk these “health issues” yet not change a thing in her daily life/Covid life is infuriating and insulting to people with actual medical problems. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

This health crisis storyline is just as phony as the mold house rental/purchase storyline.   They bought the house with the pool before the season started, and if they were ever renting it, I would have to see proof, but they dragged the rental/move story through the entire season. 

If you're worried about scaring your kids, then you don't go on national TV saying you're having a heart attack, and give interviews saying you can barely move, and are seriously ill.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

OMG they're so dramatic. If they don't want to scare their kids, why are they making such a damn big deal about it? Obviously their actions and the way they talk about it is going to impact how their kids see it. They need to start understanding what is and isn't appropriate to discuss in front of them. Hazel needing eye surgery, anyone?

PEOPLE: OutDaughtered's Danielle Busby Shows Her Heart Monitor to Her Girls: 'It Crushes Me to See' Their 'Faces of Concern'.

https://people.com/tv/outdaughtered-danielle-busby-shows-her-heart-monitor-to-her-girls/

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

There are so many times I feel so sad for Blayke for being treated as the forgotten child in that family.  In one segment of last night's show, the five little kids and Danielle were all wearing matching striped tops whereas Blayke was wearing something entirely different.  Surely, if there were sizes available for the quints and Danielle, there should have been a size in between that would fit Blayke.  She's such a sweet girl, sad appearing most of the time.  I often wonder how she's going to feel years from now looking back on her childhood.  

  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, se0307 said:

PEOPLE: OutDaughtered's Danielle Busby Shows Her Heart Monitor to Her Girls: 'It Crushes Me to See' Their 'Faces of Concern'.

https://people.com/tv/outdaughtered-danielle-busby-shows-her-heart-monitor-to-her-girls/

I'd be willing to bet that the only thing that "crushed" her was her children not breaking down into hysterical sobs, so she could join along.

Both times I did my Holter monitor it was the kind with wires and a box. It never beeped at night, although one of my cats liked to sit on top of the recording box. Anytime I wanted to roll over in bed, I had to pull the box out from under the cat. Then she would move to the new spot where I put it on the bed, so she could be on top of it, again. I don't know if there was a vibration that she liked, or if she thought she was protecting me from it. Fortunately, none of the cats played with my wires which is what I think my current cat would do.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Annifran said:

There are so many times I feel so sad for Blayke for being treated as the forgotten child in that family.  In one segment of last night's show, the five little kids and Danielle were all wearing matching striped tops whereas Blayke was wearing something entirely different.  Surely, if there were sizes available for the quints and Danielle, there should have been a size in between that would fit Blayke.  She's such a sweet girl, sad appearing most of the time.  I often wonder how she's going to feel years from now looking back on her childhood.  

I agree.  Unfortunately for Blayke, she doesn't generate income so her father can buy a Mercedes.  

56 minutes ago, eel21788 said:

I'd be willing to bet that the only thing that "crushed" her was her children not breaking down into hysterical sobs, so she could join along.

Both times I did my Holter monitor it was the kind with wires and a box. It never beeped at night, although one of my cats liked to sit on top of the recording box. Anytime I wanted to roll over in bed, I had to pull the box out from under the cat. Then she would move to the new spot where I put it on the bed, so she could be on top of it, again. I don't know if there was a vibration that she liked, or if she thought she was protecting me from it. Fortunately, none of the cats played with my wires which is what I think my current cat would do.

Why would she burden her small children with that worry?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, se0307 said:

OMG they're so dramatic. If they don't want to scare their kids, why are they making such a damn big deal about it? Obviously their actions and the way they talk about it is going to impact how their kids see it. They need to start understanding what is and isn't appropriate to discuss in front of them. Hazel needing eye surgery, anyone?

PEOPLE: OutDaughtered's Danielle Busby Shows Her Heart Monitor to Her Girls: 'It Crushes Me to See' Their 'Faces of Concern'.

https://people.com/tv/outdaughtered-danielle-busby-shows-her-heart-monitor-to-her-girls/

Gotta love this quote from the article:

"But although the TLC star wants her daughters to understand that she's been going to the doctor, she doesn't want "to scare them," she adds. "They're pretty young, and more panic for them means more stress for us.""

Nevermind how scary it might be for girls, it's all about the stress for her and Adumb.  The girls wouldn't need to know scary details; they'll take their cue from Adumb and Danielle about how worried to be.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Gotta love this quote from the article:

"But although the TLC star wants her daughters to understand that she's been going to the doctor, she doesn't want "to scare them," she adds. "They're pretty young, and more panic for them means more stress for us.""

Nevermind how scary it might be for girls, it's all about the stress for her and Adumb.  The girls wouldn't need to know scary details; they'll take their cue from Adumb and Danielle about how worried to be.  

I'm really glad you pulled that quote. I was thinking the same thing. Why did they have to add that part? Just stop talking after the part about not wanting to scare them. But no, it's all about them. Idk, maybe don't tell them that that's what the monitor is actually for. They have no issue sugar coating medical issues when it comes to Hazel telling the doctor about her eyes, but they have to tell the kids in full detail what the monitor is for? Come on. Wouldn't make for good TV though. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Why would she burden her small children with that worry?

Because she is an attention/sympathy whore. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Poor Graham. He tries to say hi to Hazel and she ignores him. I thought she was boy crazy? I refuse to believe that they are the same age. He might really be an actor. Lol I just feel bad for him. Every interaction we've seen between the two of them, she's ignored him. Hearing him talk like a normal kid especially shows how much the rest of them talk like toddlers. 

Edited by se0307
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, se0307 said:

Poor Graham. He tries to say hi to Hazel and she ignores him. I thought she was boy crazy? I refuse to believe that they are the same age. He might really be an actor. Lol I just feel bad for him. Every interaction we've seen between the two of them, she's ignored him. Hearing him talk like a normal kid especially shows how much the rest of them talk like toddlers. 

I don't understand why they keep forcing the "boy crazy" label on a 6 year old.  🙄

32 minutes ago, se0307 said:

I'm really glad you pulled that quote. I was thinking the same thing. Why did they have to add that part? Just stop talking after the part about not wanting to scare them. But no, it's all about them. Idk, maybe don't tell them that that's what the monitor is actually for. They have no issue sugar coating medical issues when it comes to Hazel telling the doctor about her eyes, but they have to tell the kids in full detail what the monitor is for? Come on. Wouldn't make for good TV though. 

Right.  No need to try to hide that Danielle's not feeling well, but just be careful with details and tone. Simply say that mommy's not been feeling well and the monitor's going to help the dr. figure it out. No drama or histrionics. The end.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I don't understand why they keep forcing the "boy crazy" label on a 6 year old.  🙄

Right.  No need to try to hide that Danielle's not feeling well, but just be careful with details and tone. Simply say that mommy's not been feeling well and the monitor's going to help the dr. figure it out. No drama or histrionics. The end.

Yeah, right? She's clearly not boy crazy, otherwise she wouldn't hide behind someone's leg everytime he approaches her. 

It's the same thing as when they had everyone crowded around the computer when they had the video call with the eye doctor and she said Hazel might need surgery. First of all, get the rest of those brats out of there to begin with. They need to learn boundaries. Second of all, maybe have Hazel leave the room after the initial discussion with the doctor and then talk about potential surgery in private. Then when Blayke got her teeth pulled, Danielle kept covering her face and Adam actually had to tell Danielle not to let Blayke see her doing that. They're so worried about scaring them, yet they do absolutely nothing to avoid it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Didn't Danielle make reference to the fact that the kids will see the monitor? Therefor she felt they needed to be told of what's going on. But when she showed Adumb the monitor, she had to pull her shirt over to expose it, so why couldn't she just wear a top that covers, like a t-shirt or sweater. It could be hidden for a few days, or however long she had to wear it. 

I agree with everything said above. Young kids don't need to be told everything going on. Even if it's down played, kids can still get scared and/or stressed about things. Don't treat them like adults capable of handling adult situations, they are children. They don't need to know everything. Danielle and Adumb are lousy parents. Oh and did Danielle get a boob job? I swear her boobs are getting bigger.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Didn't Danielle make reference to the fact that the kids will see the monitor? Therefor she felt they needed to be told of what's going on. But when she showed Adumb the monitor, she had to pull her shirt over to expose it, so why couldn't she just wear a top that covers, like a t-shirt or sweater. It could be hidden for a few days, or however long she had to wear it. 

I agree with everything said above. Young kids don't need to be told everything going on. Even if it's down played, kids can still get scared and/or stressed about things. Don't treat them like adults capable of handling adult situations, they are children. They don't need to know everything. Danielle and Adumb are lousy parents. Oh and did Danielle get a boob job? I swear her boobs are getting bigger.

Haha the irony is that they let them behave like toddlers, talk like toddlers, eat like toddlers, yet thrust their adult problems on them. PICK A LANE, BUSBYS! they are terrible parents. In an attempt to be "good parents" it's completely backfiring.

On another note, I truly believe Blayke was 100% genuine when she said she wanted other kids to get art supplies as her Christmas wish. And when Adam asked the quints if they know what charity is, of course they didn't know. Those are the most uncharitable kids on earth. I think Blayke is inherently good, probably why she puts up with so much of her sisters' whining and doesn't complain. I feel so bad for her. She did not deserve to be born into that family.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

This show has gotten so self produced that I watch it purely for the enjoyment I get from mocking it.

Wow Danielle feels fine she's working out and humble bragging. Reminds me of when Angelina Jolie said something like she is looking forward to aging and embracing all her future wrinkles because they will represent all of her life experiences. 🙄

image.thumb.png.4e2080d3e28bebe23b99a852a0238eb0.png

 

image.png.1d089ec9166026ab703cb96a4ee085d7.png

Edited by druzy
  • Like 5
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

11 hours ago, druzy said:

This show has gotten so self produced that I watch it purely for the enjoyment I get from mocking it.

Wow Danielle feels fine she's working out and humble bragging. Reminds me of when Angelina Jolie said something like she is looking forward to aging and embracing all her future wrinkles because they will represent all of her life experiences. 🙄

image.thumb.png.4e2080d3e28bebe23b99a852a0238eb0.png

 

image.png.1d089ec9166026ab703cb96a4ee085d7.png

Oh shut up Danielle. 

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I know one person who has been diagnosed with Conversion Disorder and one who has a lot of unexplained medical issues that (IMO) ought to be.  You can find out more at the link below.  Of particular interest to me was this:

“For example, a woman who believes it is not acceptable to have violent feelings may suddenly feel numbness in her arms after becoming so angry that she wanted to hit someone. Instead of allowing herself to have violent thoughts about hitting someone, she experiences the physical symptom of numbness in her arms.”

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/000954.htm

  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Mary said:

I know one person who has been diagnosed with Conversion Disorder and one who has a lot of unexplained medical issues that (IMO) ought to be.  You can find out more at the link below.  Of particular interest to me was this:

“For example, a woman who believes it is not acceptable to have violent feelings may suddenly feel numbness in her arms after becoming so angry that she wanted to hit someone. Instead of allowing herself to have violent thoughts about hitting someone, she experiences the physical symptom of numbness in her arms.”

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/000954.htm

Thanks for the article. 🙂

I think Danielle's lying. The storylines are running out, the kids are growing up, and that house isn't going to pay for itself.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, druzy said:

This show has gotten so self produced that I watch it purely for the enjoyment I get from mocking it.

Wow Danielle feels fine she's working out and humble bragging. Reminds me of when Angelina Jolie said something like she is looking forward to aging and embracing all her future wrinkles because they will represent all of her life experiences. 🙄

image.thumb.png.4e2080d3e28bebe23b99a852a0238eb0.png

 

image.png.1d089ec9166026ab703cb96a4ee085d7.png

God she's so self-absorbed. If she was trying to be genuine, she wouldn't be leaning back flexing her abs. She would be sitting normally and letting her stomach have rolls. This, this is just offensive. Even women who haven't had babies would love to look like her. She is not promoting and self-love body positivity. She is just trying to find a way to show off just how good she looks.

2 hours ago, Mary said:

I know one person who has been diagnosed with Conversion Disorder and one who has a lot of unexplained medical issues that (IMO) ought to be.  You can find out more at the link below.  Of particular interest to me was this:

“For example, a woman who believes it is not acceptable to have violent feelings may suddenly feel numbness in her arms after becoming so angry that she wanted to hit someone. Instead of allowing herself to have violent thoughts about hitting someone, she experiences the physical symptom of numbness in her arms.”

https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/000954.htm

Do you mean you think she's having violent thoughts about smacking her brats? Or maybe Adam? Lady doesn't want to be seen as the disciplinarian, but everyone has a breaking point. She doesn't even discipline them, let alone hit them. I could see that being a thing.

Edited by se0307
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Humblebrag is a kind way to describe that mama-belly post. Come ON. You bore six children and you're able to pinch a tiny amount of belly skin in a sitting position? Yeah, that's so relatable. All I get from that is that you had a really aggressive tummy tuck and/or you are planking every day for hours and hours that other moms don't have.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Humblebrag is a kind way to describe that mama-belly post. Come ON. You bore six children and you're able to pinch a tiny amount of belly skin in a sitting position? Yeah, that's so relatable. All I get from that is that you had a really aggressive tummy tuck and/or you are planking every day for hours and hours that other moms don't have.

I definitely think she had a tummy tuck. We all know she had a C-section. A C-section scar forms below the stomach and ends up creating a wall above it of loose skin. No amount of weight loss and exercising will allow that area to heal and return to normal.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I've read about getting a tummy tuck as a part of the c-section, so technically it wasn't another surgery, and you only have to pay for part of the costs of surgery.  It's very popular with the Hollywood crowd.   Plus, I doubt insurance pays for tummy tucks, so combined surgery with only the expense of the surgeon is definitely a savings.    

After reading other posters, I bet the spread abdominal muscles are only called 'hernia repair' or some other euphemism.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/10/2021 at 3:34 PM, sATL said:

What next? Are they going to drop an album?

Hopefully they learn how to talk first.

  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/14/2021 at 9:26 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

This health crisis storyline is just as phony as the mold house rental/purchase storyline.   They bought the house with the pool before the season started, and if they were ever renting it, I would have to see proof, but they dragged the rental/move story through the entire season. 

If you're worried about scaring your kids, then you don't go on national TV saying you're having a heart attack, and give interviews saying you can barely move, and are seriously ill.     

Doesn’t Danielle have some major medical drama every season, I think one year it was Adam.  She has six kids btw.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/7/2021 at 6:20 PM, se0307 said:

Oh absolutely not. I definitely agree that she is either full of shit or should just straight up not be driving if she thinks she's going to have a heart attack at any moment. 

I just thought the statement about how a man always drives, not the woman, was definitely untrue.

Yeah right driving with a bunch of holes in your heart and numb arms with a migraine in the back of your head, not good.  And she has Six kids!  What’s that car she’s driving with the white leather interior?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

when you carry 5 babies at once  those two ab muscles that run up and down the front will spread  and no amount of exercise will bring them together  she  had a tummy tuck  and those muscles sewn back together

  • Like 2
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, endure said:

Yeah right driving with a bunch of holes in your heart and numb arms with a migraine in the back of your head, not good.  And she has Six kids!  What’s that car she’s driving with the white leather interior?

That's probably the Mercedes that Adam made sure to show during his instagram story. As showy as they are, i'm not in the least surprised that they got a Mercedes to flaunt. I wouldn't (personally) get a car like that if I had 5 gross little brats, especially since they probably wouldn't teach them not to eat snacks in the car or out their feet on the seat or color on the seats, etc... but that's the Busbys. Better to be flashy than sensible.

4 hours ago, sue450 said:

when you carry 5 babies at once  those two ab muscles that run up and down the front will spread  and no amount of exercise will bring them together  she  had a tummy tuck  and those muscles sewn back together

That happened to my aunt after being pregnant with ONE child. Danielle's stomach was huuuuuge when she was pregnant, so no way did those muscles not tear. She may not have had a "tummy tuck" specifically, but she probably had a corrective surgery and had them take care of the loose skin while they were at it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 4/16/2021 at 4:05 PM, se0307 said:

That's probably the Mercedes that Adam made sure to show during his instagram story. As showy as they are, i'm not in the least surprised that they got a Mercedes to flaunt. I wouldn't (personally) get a car like that if I had 5 gross little brats, especially since they probably wouldn't teach them not to eat snacks in the car or out their feet on the seat or color on the seats, etc... but that's the Busbys. Better to be flashy than sensible.

That happened to my aunt after being pregnant with ONE child. Danielle's stomach was huuuuuge when she was pregnant, so no way did those muscles not tear. She may not have had a "tummy tuck" specifically, but she probably had a corrective surgery and had them take care of the loose skin while they were at it.

yes it can happen with one baby  if the baby is big if you carry way out front....I don't get why she has to drive...front seat is best for people who get car sickness  both seats such give her the same result...better than the back seats so I don't see why she needs to drive and it is dangerous

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/17/2021 at 10:39 PM, sue450 said:

.I don't get why she has to drive...front seat is best for people who get car sickness  both seats such give her the same result...better than the back seats so I don't see why she needs to drive and it is dangerous

I don’t get why it’s a big deal that Danielle does the driving most of the time. Science lets us know that driving can be the best spot for a person who gets carsick because it helps “connect” the senses and ease symptoms. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Is Adam's Mercedes really for the family to drive?   Or is it his date night car with Danielle, or for their frequent separate vacations?     I wouldn't let the kids anywhere near that car if it belonged to me.    

The recurring medical crisis storylines are awful.    This is how kids grow up to be hypochondriacs.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/14/2021 at 7:20 PM, se0307 said:

Haha the irony is that they let them behave like toddlers, talk like toddlers, eat like toddlers, yet thrust their adult problems on them. PICK A LANE, BUSBYS!

This, 100 percent. I was stunned at Danielle’s behavior when she showed her heart monitor to the kids. I have two (grown) daughters and I know exactly how I would’ve handled that. I would’ve shown the monitor to them and put a smile on saying, “Isn’t this neat? The doctor gets to see exactly how my heart works and it’s really cool. They’re just making sure that Mommy’s heart works exactly right.” And if the kids asked me what happens if there is a problem, I would’ve just told them that the doctor will help me take care of it so I can feel better! Smile on the face. No further explanation needed.  Obviously the Busby kids are going to be concerned when Danielle looked so worried and upset. I felt sorry for them. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

I'm rewatching some of the older episodes. (I guess I love being aggravated).. currently on season 3 and it's right when they're working on "disciplining" the quints. Clearly they didn't do anything, nor did they follow through on anything. 

I noticed more than ever how much Danielle interrupts Adam during the talking heads, and how often she refers to everything as "hers". Her house, her kids, her, her her. While Adam is right next to her. It's not like she's talking to someone and saying "my kids" makes sense... No it's always in a situation where she should really be saying OUR (kids, house, etc).

Another thing that really annoyed me this time around is how much they complain about money. I get it, it was still early on so they probably weren't seeing as many returns for the sale of their daughters yet, but I mean either way, it shouldn't have been a surprise how much college for 6 kids costs. They're just another one of those annoyingly religious families that has more kids than they can afford and then take advantage of the system because they have as many kids as "god intended for them to have". 

As much as I don't like Adam, I really did feel bad for him during that whole Mimi debacle where she decided to sell her house and move in with them and then quit her job because she "didn't like it". It was messed up that Danielle kept trying to force him to tolerate her because she's family. 

I've realized that I really only like Danielle's sisters and their families, Blayke, and Adam's parents. They seem really kind and normal. Makes me think he used to be alright too, but then Danielle came in a made him her bitch. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Was just watching the recent episode (ok, not really watching but background noise while i was cooking).  Does ANYONE in that family realize that those quints talk like babies?? (besides us).  They whisper, have a vocal fry and just don't talk like their age.  UGH!

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I'm surprised and pleased that they are allowing the girls to have different activities of their choice.   

Edited by camom
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

I just caught the last few minutes of this last episode where she was meeting with the cardiologist... why did anyone think she needed open heart surgery? For a PFO? Look, I’m a pediatric cardiologist, PFOs are my bread and butter. We generally don’t do anything for them, but on occasion we do close them, but it’s done through a cath. So why did anyone tell her she might need open heart surgery? Or is that just made for tv drama?

  • Like 12
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

Why on earth was Danielle kept awake during the procedure? I had inflamed stomach lining in my 20s and had to have a gastroscopy a couple of times. They gave me some kind of (truly delightful!!!) valium and demerol intravenous mix. I went out like a light and when I woke up, still on the table, it was over. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Boston said:

Was just watching the recent episode (ok, not really watching but background noise while i was cooking).  Does ANYONE in that family realize that those quints talk like babies?? (besides us).  They whisper, have a vocal fry and just don't talk like their age.  UGH!

The only one who seems to be able to hold a conversation is Riley.  And also  the only one who seems to ask questions   SMH for 6 yr olds.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, justdoit10 said:

The only one who seems to be able to hold a conversation is Riley.  And also  the only one who seems to ask questions   SMH for 6 yr olds.

You know, though, that’s the way kids are. I was a teacher for 35 years and it frustrated the heck out of me when a child, normally very articulate, gets in front of the camera or on stage, and suddenly becomes mumbly-mouthed. And my 4 year old grandson, who speaks like a professor, can’t be heard when I try to tape something cute on my phone!

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I was surprised that Danielle didn't need a heart transplant at the very least! Is the rest of the season going to be spent diagnosing her nothing illness? Six is late to start dance classes? Usually kids start around 3 here.

  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, FurBabyMama said:

I just caught the last few minutes of this last episode where she was meeting with the cardiologist... why did anyone think she needed open heart surgery? For a PFO? Look, I’m a pediatric cardiologist, PFOs are my bread and butter. We generally don’t do anything for them, but on occasion we do close them, but it’s done through a cath. So why did anyone tell her she might need open heart surgery? Or is that just made for tv drama?

It's nice to have you here to explain the procedure for a PFO. As far as Danielle might needing open heart surgery I believe it was made for the drama and ratings. I can't see a doctor telling a patient something that extreme without getting all test results back first. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

They are now centering the fake storyline around Danielle and Adam. That's a big mistake. I think this show worked in early seasons because the girls weren't aware of the cameras and we saw their cute reactions and interactions with each other. Now they come off as obnoxious entitled brats. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size