Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

I've never seen kids learn to ride bikes on grass.  We went to empty parking lots when it came time for the kids to learn that. It was easier than sticking to sidewalks and they learned pretty quickly.

I thought some of Blayke's friends were more articulate than she was.  The girls seem very shy when it comes to filming and none of them are natural actresses.  The quints all come across as younger than they actually are.  Even the "smart one" Riley seems behind to me.

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Where they live, the sons are often referred to as Bubba (brother), and Sissy (for sister).     But, that doesn't mean the adults can't use the kid's first name.  

Oh, I know!  I definitely thought it was weird that my SIL & BIL called their daughter's Sissy, but somehow, my nieces still knew what their names were.  Riley knows her name isn't Ri Ri, and so do all of her sisters.  Olivia knows her name isn't Lu Lu.  It's not a big deal.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

I've never seen kids learn to ride bikes on grass.  We went to empty parking lots when it came time for the kids to learn that. It was easier than sticking to sidewalks and they learned pretty quickly.

You learned to ride a bike in a parking lot?  That sounds dangerous.  I learned in the grass.  Falling off your bike in the grass hurts, but falling off your bike on asphault, wow, that would really hurt!

You are definitely braver than me.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Ziggy said:

You learned to ride a bike in a parking lot?  That sounds dangerous.  I learned in the grass.  Falling off your bike in the grass hurts, but falling off your bike on asphault, wow, that would really hurt!

I taught both of my kids to ride in a parking lot, and I learned myself on the sidewalk when I was a kid. Sure, we fell off and got scraped up, but we all made it through.

• Love 7
22 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I also learned on the driveway. Definitely not as cushy when you fell, but you gain better momentum on the pavement. Grass makes it harder to move forward, which we know is paramount in keeping a bike upright.

• Love 6

Danielle says things that confuses me...

1) she  said they planned the kitchen remodel for the summer. Why ? Personally, I would have called the whole thing off when COVID hit in march, but I surely wouldn't have planned it for summer, when everyone is at home underfoot. In the fall (before they knew about school), you can work around a kitchen being repaired b/c you only have to worry about a timed breakfast and dinner.

2) Who told Danielle that "she" must teach the kiddies with or without a computer for 8 hrs, for kindergarten, just like they are at in-person ? School lasts from 7-3, 5 days a week for 180 days for a reason, but I didn't think that was the expectation for the parents during virtual from March to EOY.  Couldn't Mimi be of some help - given she was a  teacher for 20-30 years ? 

I appreciated the sister who said - "what about the single parents" (who had to work and deal with virtual school) - at least that showed concern about someone else..

Way to go Dale - work smarter not harder. Call ahead and have your RV castle waiting for you. Newer RVs only have 3 plugs : 1 - fresh water , 2-electricity, and 3- sewer line. They must didn't drop those packs that helps with the RV's toilet system  and smell. 9 people (I counted Mimi) doing their daily "business" is going to create a smell. Probably creates one at home too - just to busy to notice.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
On 2/25/2021 at 1:26 AM, sATL said:

I too am getting tired of the quints being where they really don't need to be. I remember that episode where Blayke was trying to have a music lesson in a store on the guitar, and the quints basically tearing up the place and being a distraction.

As I was watching the flashback bonus episode - I was wondering when does Blayke get to turn into a tween...along with her cousins. Bronson seemed like he didn't really want to be there - hanging out on an all girl couch session.. His sister (I forgot her name) is really turning into a pretty young lady - she got the best of Dale's features.

What are the capacity limits on closed places like middle school basketball games? I mean if the NFL only allowed 25% (max) at outdoor stadiums, why do the Busby's get to bring their whole entroauge - which will cut into another family, since it is based on total attendance ? And I would think the school/rec organization would require masks.

Was Mimi at this game too? Being older she is playing with fire mingling around.. wonder how is  her real estate business is doing - I heard there is a boom in the housing market , for those who are still employed, or need to sell quick to get equity/downsize.. She needs to be thankful she gets to travel off to the beach with her grands... so many grandparents haven't had the opportunity to see their grandkids in a whole year-plus, let alone go off on vacation with them. I guess Adam's parents felt it was best to skip out on this vacation..

I also heard there is a quarantine  pregnancy-baby boom. Maybe in a few months there will be another set of multiples, that will move out the Busbys... its getting time for them to ride into the sunset. As the quints move into school age - there isn't a whole lot to film about and its coming off a little selfish and self-indulgent.

Well - I guess I need to be careful what I put out there for TLC. TLC couldn't wait for a pregnancy - so onto the next best thing... According to a commercial, TLC has found another mega family. Not by birth - but by marriage . "The Blended Bunch" premieres next week, after Outdaughtered - a widow who has 7 kids, marries a widower with 4 kids.

( source )

"Prior to the couple's introduction, mother of seven Erica — mom to Landon, 12, Emma, 10, Lily, 9, Sophie, 8, Tanner, 6, Amelia, 5, and Caleb, 3 — lost her husband, Tony, to cancer, while Spencer's wife Aimee — with whom he shared Brayden, 12, Harper, 8, Avery, 6, and Bexley, 4 — died in a car crash."

Edited by sATL
On 3/12/2021 at 12:16 PM, riverblue22 said:

I thought some of Blayke's friends were more articulate than she was.  The girls seem very shy when it comes to filming and none of them are natural actresses.  The quints all come across as younger than they actually are.  Even the "smart one" Riley seems behind to me.

We had a short street.. that is where we learned to ride bikes.. NOT ON GRASS.. I agree, the quints are way behind in their language skills.. And I was very pissed when Addum was hemming and hawwing about how the girls would miss him.  GROW A SET ADAM AND GROW UP.

• Love 4
33 minutes ago, sATL said:

Danielle says things that confuses me...

1) she  said they planned the kitchen remodel for the summer. Why ? Personally, I would have called the whole thing off when COVID hit in march, but I surely wouldn't have planned it for summer, when everyone is at home underfoot. In the fall (before they knew about school), you can work around a kitchen being repaired b/c you only have to worry about a timed breakfast and dinner.

2) Who told Danielle that "she" must teach the kiddies with or without a computer for 8 hrs, for kindergarten, just like they are at in-person ? School lasts from 7-3, 5 days a week for 180 days for a reason, but I didn't think that was the expectation for the parents during virtual from March to EOY.  Couldn't Mimi be of some help - given she was a  teacher for 20-30 years ? 

I appreciated the sister who said - "what about the single parents" (who had to work and deal with virtual school) - at least that showed concern about someone else..

Way to go Dale - work smarter not harder. Call ahead and have your RV castle waiting for you. Newer RVs only have 3 plugs : 1 - fresh water , 2-electricity, and 3- sewer line. They must didn't drop those packs that helps with the RV's toilet system  and smell. 9 people (I counted Mimi) doing their daily "business" is going to create a smell. Probably creates one at home too - just to busy to notice.

I agree with all of this, but particularly the part I highlighted. Did you notice how Danielle never even stopped to acknowledge the comment about single parents? Yes, they have 6 kids, but they have So. Much. Help. That I don't know how she has the audacity to complain. Right, kindergartners spending 8 hours in front of the computer to do schoolwork? In what universe would that be the case?! No teacher would require that of 5 year olds. Plus, there are two parents, Mimi THE TEACHER (good call on that one), and how many nannies? I'm sure her sisters would even help. Their kids are old enough to not need supervision during their schoolwork time. But really, the constant complaining and "we have it so difficult" attitude is getting reeeeally old. The whining about the kitchen project dragging out is unreal. They're the ones who decided they wanted to take out AN ENTIRE STAIRCASE! Obviously you need to plan for contingencies. 

• Love 14
16 hours ago, sATL said:

Couldn't Mimi be of some help - given she was a  teacher for 20-30 years ?

I totally forgot Mimi was a teacher! So there should be no problem for the quints to be homeschooled. On the other side I don't know how good a teacher Mimi was, given that Aunt Kiki for example seems to be totally uneducated. She seems nice, but she surely isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer

Edited by Elodia
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Elodia said:

I totally forgot Mimi was a teacher! So there should be no problem for the quints to be homeschooled. One the other side I don't know how good a teacher Mimi was, given that Aunt Kiki for example seems to be totally uneducated. She seems nice, but she surely isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer

Did we ever find out what kind of teacher she was and why she no longer teaches?

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, readheaded said:

Did we ever find out what kind of teacher she was and why she no longer teaches?

All I recall her saying was her contract was not renewed, and that is what started the spiral into the  rummage sale and selling of the LA house - which I got the impression it was a long-time family home.

I do hear of schools closings (public & private) - usually due to budgets combined with low performance / enrollment (ie changing neighborhood patterns), so I guess it is possible that not every teacher can be or will be placed in another school. Where I grew up, some schools closed because it also came down to the cost of operating the building outweighs keeping it open via a remodel. So, I don't fault Mimi for being laid-off ; I appreciate her honesty. However - after she had her cry, stiff drink, great sex, talk to clergy/counselor, etc - then it is time to hit the pavement. Never did get why she didn't look into getting her credentials in TX - but found it easier to go to real estate school. In many states if you hold a 4 yr degree (which I recall Mimi saying she had one), you can be a para-pro, or something similar , while you work-on getting your full credentials.

I do get the point that after 20-30 years, you're done with the career you had, as maybe your career "had you".  Mimi has such a playful spirit , and seems to enjoy children,- it's sad that she is happy not teaching. But your family, during a pandemic, needing educational assistance is a little different situation. It's not like she was the retiree who was planning to go on a months long vacation..

The quints were in k4 at the time of the shutdown. I wouldn't expect Mimi to run an 8-hr school day, following the TX curriculum/standards/domains to the smallest detail,  with the worksheets Danielle was complaining about in the last season finale or the premiere of this season.  Mimi should be able to handle doing a worksheet lesson in one of the subjects. She seems to be quite skilled in what I call "circle time" with quints. So find something to "teach" during that time. 

Now Mimi helping Blakye, with 3rd grade - no. Blayke would have been better off with one of her cousins, who is closest in grade/age/assignment.  

Danielle doesn't work outside of the home and neither does Adam. When all salons/spas were closed, that freed up a sister for a quick minute - granted she had her own kids.  Now - if that was the same sister who would leave her bed and drive in the middle of the night for the bottle feeding, surely she can now come over and teach a worksheet. 

So 3+ grown people can't function getting  k4 worksheet packets done? And I doubt Randy? (the preschool teacher) went missing. I feel quite confident she and her staff were available for questions and support.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, sATL said:

All I recall her saying was her contract was not renewed, and that is what started the spiral into the  rummage sale and selling of the LA house - which I got the impression it was a long-time family home.

I do hear of schools closings (public & private) - usually due to budgets combined with low performance / enrollment (ie changing neighborhood patterns), so I guess it is possible that not every teacher can be or will be placed in another school. Where I grew up, some schools closed because it also came down to the cost of operating the building outweighs keeping it open via a remodel. So, I don't fault Mimi for being laid-off ; I appreciate her honesty. However - after she had her cry, stiff drink, great sex, talk to clergy/counselor, etc - then it is time to hit the pavement. Never did get why she didn't look into getting her credentials in TX - but found it easier to go to real estate school. In many states if you hold a 4 yr degree (which I recall Mimi saying she had one), you can be a para-pro, or something similar , while you work-on getting your full credentials.

I do get the point that after 20-30 years, you're done with the career you had, as maybe your career "had you".  Mimi has such a playful spirit , and seems to enjoy children,- it's sad that she is happy not teaching. But your family, during a pandemic, needing educational assistance is a little different situation. It's not like she was the retiree who was planning to go on a months long vacation..

The quints were in k4 at the time of the shutdown. I wouldn't expect Mimi to run an 8-hr school day, following the TX curriculum/standards/domains to the smallest detail,  with the worksheets Danielle was complaining about in the last season finale or the premiere of this season.  Mimi should be able to handle doing a worksheet lesson in one of the subjects. She seems to be quite skilled in what I call "circle time" with quints. So find something to "teach" during that time. 

Now Mimi helping Blakye, with 3rd grade - no. Blayke would have been better off with one of her cousins, who is closest in grade/age/assignment.  

Danielle doesn't work outside of the home and neither does Adam. When all salons/spas were closed, that freed up a sister for a quick minute - granted she had her own kids.  Now - if that was the same sister who would leave her bed and drive in the middle of the night for the bottle feeding, surely she can now come over and teach a worksheet. 

So 3+ grown people can't function getting  k4 worksheet packets done? And I doubt Randy? (the preschool teacher) went missing. I feel quite confident she and her staff were available for questions and support.

Thank you!

Frankly, this is a pandemic and I think that parents who can (which include Adam and Danielle) should step up and do what's necessary to help their children be successful.  It seems like there were a lot of parents who simply didn't want to be bothered with having to take a more active role in their kids' educations and were pissed off that teachers weren't willing to endanger themselves to do what parents weren't willing to do.  

Obviously, there are kids and parents who've legitimately struggled for a whole host of reasons, so I'm not talking about them.  If what we see on camera's to be believed, Adam and Danielle love their kids, don't seem to want to put in the time and effort it requires to do the hard work of raising them.  I'm not saying that it's easy, just that it's necessary.

• Love 9

Seriously, how much "work" are 4 year old children doing in "school"?  They are playing, with "lessons" mixed in.   My friend's kindergarten age child was sent a huge volume of worksheets to be done during virtual school.  After a couple of weeks of working from home while also overseeing virtual school for the 10 year old, she contacted the kindergarten teacher and said "Nope.   We'll continue to read stories every day, go on nature walks, sing songs, recite the alphabet, look for shapes and count things in our day to day life, like cooking.  That's how 5 year old children learn.  Not by filling in work sheets."  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Quof said:

Seriously, how much "work" are 4 year old children doing in "school"?  They are playing, with "lessons" mixed in.   My friend's kindergarten age child was sent a huge volume of worksheets to be done during virtual school.  After a couple of weeks of working from home while also overseeing virtual school for the 10 year old, she contacted the kindergarten teacher and said "Nope.   We'll continue to read stories every day, go on nature walks, sing songs, recite the alphabet, look for shapes and count things in our day to day life, like cooking.  That's how 5 year old children learn.  Not by filling in work sheets."  

You have a very smart friend. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Quof said:

Good point. 

IRC - only Riley was going to school all 5 days. The other 4 went less - not sure how many days less. With our school system last year, a decision was made to end the school year 2-3 weeks early. 

Even looking forward - to this past Tuesday's episode - when the whining started with the news of this school year being delayed/virtual - how many worksheets come out of k5, that the grown-ups couldn't handle ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 6

It was just so utterly tone deaf to sit and whine with your sisters while you are on another vacation. A vacation you needed because you were having your kitchen redone at considerable expense. 
Danielle acting like her children were the only ones in the world that had their plans changed was especially irritating.

• Love 14
Just now, Shelbie said:

It was just so utterly tone deaf to sit and whine with your sisters while you are on another vacation. A vacation you needed because you were having your kitchen redone at considerable expense. 
Danielle acting like her children were the only ones in the world that had their plans changed was especially irritating.

Yes! Danielle really has become a whiny, complaining brat herself. I am getting so tired of her and her 5 little self entitled brats. The screaming, whining, temper tantrums and rudeness of those 5 little monsters must make for an enjoyable vacation! Sometimes the looks on her sisters (and their hubbies) faces look like they are so done with it all. Especially uncle Nick. 

And what about manners, whatever happened to teaching your child(ren) manners? Burping and farting and laughing about it. Gimme, gimme, gimme. I want, I want, I want. They are raising a bunch of entitled, rude little brats. The only one I feel sorry for is Blayke. Even she looks so done with everything. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Yes! Danielle really has become a whiny, complaining brat herself. I am getting so tired of her and her 5 little self entitled brats. The screaming, whining, temper tantrums and rudeness of those 5 little monsters must make for an enjoyable vacation! Sometimes the looks on her sisters (and their hubbies) faces look like they are so done with it all. Especially uncle Nick. 

And what about manners, whatever happened to teaching your child(ren) manners? Burping and farting and laughing about it. Gimme, gimme, gimme. I want, I want, I want. They are raising a bunch of entitled, rude little brats. The only one I feel sorry for is Blayke. Even she looks so done with everything. 

100%. I cannot for the life of me understand how and why they haven't bothered with manners. They are 5 years old. They are more than capable of understanding how to say please and thank you and not CONSTANTLY interrupt. The burping and farting aside (though they should learn to say excuse me or that you should do that in private) basic manners are something they should have started enforcing around the age of 3. Maybe incentivize them with a piece of candy or a cookie, but instead they just give them treats nonstop and they're not treats anymore. They're just food they can grab out of the pantry. As a result, they truly are the most spoiled, entitled, and whiny brats I've ever seen.

Her sisters will probably always put up with it because they're sisters, but yeah, the poor husbands. Dale seems to mind less, but I've wondered on many occasions if Nick really has to "work" or if that's just an excuse to not go on a trip with them. I mean, they're his wife's sister's kids. He doesn't have to put up with that, and their kids seem to have been raised a lot better.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, se0307 said:

100%. I cannot for the life of me understand how and why they haven't bothered with manners. They are 5 years old. They are more than capable of understanding how to say please and thank you and not CONSTANTLY interrupt. The burping and farting aside (though they should learn to say excuse me or that you should do that in private) basic manners are something they should have started enforcing around the age of 3. Maybe incentivize them with a piece of candy or a cookie, but instead they just give them treats nonstop and they're not treats anymore. They're just food they can grab out of the pantry. As a result, they truly are the most spoiled, entitled, and whiny brats I've ever seen.

Her sisters will probably always put up with it because they're sisters, but yeah, the poor husbands. Dale seems to mind less, but I've wondered on many occasions if Nick really has to "work" or if that's just an excuse to not go on a trip with them. I mean, they're his wife's sister's kids. He doesn't have to put up with that, and their kids seem to have been raised a lot better.

Nick may also have an small issue with Adam. Sometimes when a man who is doing all he can for his family, crosses path with a man who appears not to be - it causes friction, within the brotherhood. 

Nick is working hard to support his family. I think is a rising star in his profession/company, since he job lasted during the "buyout" (the season when Adam decided not to work anymore)

Dale is working hard to support his family on a job/position that regularly test for covid. That tells/says alot right there.

Adam is _______.

I am not so sure either how Nick feels family who seemed to can't function without one another. Yes - when you marry, you marry the family, but I think the Mini- twin sisters-and Danielle push boundaries a little.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8
30 minutes ago, sATL said:

Nick may also have an small issue with Adam. Sometimes when a man who is doing all he can for his family, crosses path with a man who appears not to be - it causes friction, within the brotherhood. 

Nick is working hard to support his family. I think is a rising star in his profession/company, since he job lasted during the "buyout" (the season when Adam decided not to work anymore)

Dale is working hard to support his family on a job/position that regularly test for covid. That tells/says alot right there.

Adam is _______.

I am not so sure either how Nick feels family who seemed to can't function without one another. Yes - when you marry, you marry the family, but I think the Mini- twin sisters-and Danielle push boundaries a little.

😂😂 That's an excellent point! A man who doesn't want to work so he can stay home AND acts like a hormonal woman about it... Not a good look. Nick and Dale do work hard for their family. Even Ashley has her own salon! And then there's Adam and Danielle who do what? Make videos of themselves and sell overpriced clothes that anyone with a Cricut could make for a fraction of the cost?

• Love 6

I agree with everything being said. It's not that hard to teach a child manners. I started when my kids were really little. I always said please and thank you them. Children emulate what they see. It's not hard. Danielle and Adumb complain about everything, and seem to be getting worse with each passing season of Outdaughtered. And why do they feel the need to entertain their kids 24/7 during covid. Their kids are not going to be functioning adults capable of self entertaining themselves. At five years old my kids were able to do things by themselves and entertain themselves without having elaborate parties, get togethers, vacations, pool parties, expensive toys, special sleeping bags for sleepovers, etc. Omg Danielle and Adumb get a grip! How about the rest of us that have lost jobs during this covid outbreak, that don't have help with child care, that can't work from home, that have lost loved ones due to covid, etc. How about the families that have special needs children who don't have the support  because everything is closed down, such as myself. And they are whining because their kitchen renovation is taking longer and is an inconvenience to them. Boo fucking hoo. 

Sorry for the rant. I feel better now! LOL 

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

Oh and one more thing.... I am so sick and tired of them calling their daughters temper tantrums, meltdowns. As the parent of an autistic child this really irritates me. The main difference between tantrums and meltdowns is that tantrums have a purpose and meltdowns are the result of sensory overload. I was so irritated by this that I actually emailed them on their website to explain the difference and how they were being dismissive to those who live and struggle with autism. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

And another thing... washing dishes in the bathtub? Eeewwww and disgusting. Since when are paper plates washable? Lol

I am NOT obsessed with this family. Really I'm not. They just really bug me. LOL  ok I think I'm all good. And breathe...

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, Spazamanaz said:

And another thing... washing dishes in the bathtub? Eeewwww and disgusting. Since when are paper plates washable? Lol

I am NOT obsessed with this family. Really I'm not. They just really bug me. LOL  ok I think I'm all good. And breathe...

LOL I totally understand that. Why am I investing so much time and energy on these people?! I feel like I just hate watch at this point.

• LOL 3
Just now, se0307 said:

LOL I totally understand that. Why am I investing so much time and energy on these people?! I feel like I just hate watch at this point.

Right? I'm with you on that. It's like watching a train wreck, no matter how hard you try to look away, it just lures you in. Lol  I wonder if they realize that most viewers are probably hate watchers. They probably only care about about the paycheck.

• LOL 1
16 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Right? I'm with you on that. It's like watching a train wreck, no matter how hard you try to look away, it just lures you in. Lol  I wonder if they realize that most viewers are probably hate watchers. They probably only care about about the paycheck.

Exactly!! I can't believe I let it get me so worked up haha. As much as I'd like to think that most people hate watch, it always shocks me to see how many people seem to love them. I always get so excited when I see someone comment on an Instagram post about them not wearing masks or something, but for one comment like that, 10 fans come to their rescue and call the OP out. Either way, I'm sure they love all of the attention, good or bad. If it keeps them on the map, I'm sure they'll take. Also, Adam is there to passive-aggressively respond to those who call the out. Considering how he is,  those kids will never be able to handle conflict.

• Love 2

Danielle's Instagram story at the park or zoo or whatever... all you can hear is "mama! mama! mama! I want popcorn!! MAMA!" and then she says "ok, one sec!" how about "STFU and don't interrupt. and say can I please have popcorn" omg these people are THE WORST.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Hahaha  that's awesome! I would love to see that!  They'd probably all start whining and crying.

Lol I doubt she'd phrase it that way, but how do they tolerate 5 of them constantly interrupting and screaming demands at them?! And like we've said, at 5 years old, they should be told that because they're old enough to know better. I had a cousin when I was younger (she's about 20 years younger than I am) who would do the same thing. That relentless "mama. mama. mama. MAMA!" and her mother would indulge it, even if she was mid conversation with someone else. She would immediately turn her attention to her kid and acknowledge her. It's so obnoxious and rude on both the kid's and the parent's part.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, se0307 said:

Lol I doubt she'd phrase it that way, but how do they tolerate 5 of them constantly interrupting and screaming demands at them?! And like we've said, at 5 years old, they should be told that because they're old enough to know better. I had a cousin when I was younger (she's about 20 years younger than I am) who would do the same thing. That relentless "mama. mama. mama. MAMA!" and her mother would indulge it, even if she was mid conversation with someone else. She would immediately turn her attention to her kid and acknowledge her. It's so obnoxious and rude on both the kid's and the parent's part.

I have a friend who's kid is a know it all, and he constantly interrupts as well. He corrects adults and she just sits back. It really makes my blood boil. I want to just reach out and smack him... and then her for allowing her child to be an obnoxious brat. There is no way that I could deal with 5 screaming mouthpieces. Heads would roll. Hey whatever happened to manners and respecting adults. It was good enough for us. 

• Love 4

Oh and another thing... if I had ever acted like that as a child, my dad would have thumped me. Lol. I would have gotten that 'dad' look. You know the one that you wished the ground would open up and swallow you. Lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

I have a friend who's kid is a know it all, and he constantly interrupts as well. He corrects adults and she just sits back. It really makes my blood boil. I want to just reach out and smack him... and then her for allowing her child to be an obnoxious brat. There is no way that I could deal with 5 screaming mouthpieces. Heads would roll. Hey whatever happened to manners and respecting adults. It was good enough for us

I always wonder that too. I think part of the issue is (and I know this is a subject that many don't agree upon now) that parents are far too afraid of smacking their children because someone could (would) call DCS. I'm absolutely not talking child abuse. I'm talking about a spank of a slap, which will not scar them for life, but will show them that there are consequences to their behavior, and I absolutely respected my parents. I understand that the belt or the wooden spoon are not okay, and I'm not condoning any harmful behavior. But when I was a kid (i'm talking the 90s, not the 50s), if you acted like a brat or talked back, you'd get a spank on the butt, and you learned from it. In teenage years, you got your phone/playstation/xbox/whatever taken away. My parents would take my car keys. And you LEARNED. Now... I don't know. It seems like a lot more parents give their kids things to shut them up rather than bothering to actually parent. This is NOT a blanket statement. Just a general observation.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, se0307 said:

how do they tolerate 5 of them constantly interrupting and screaming demands at them?! And like we've said, at 5 years old, they should be told that because they're old enough to know better. 

Danielle is too busy doing handstands to notice.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
Just now, se0307 said:

I always wonder that too. I think part of the issue is (and I know this is a subject that many don't agree upon now) that parents are far too afraid of smacking their children because someone could (would) call DCS. I'm absolutely not talking child abuse. I'm talking about a spank of a slap, which will not scar them for life, but will show them that there are consequences to their behavior, and I absolutely respected my parents. I understand that the belt or the wooden spoon are not okay, and I'm not condoning any harmful behavior. But when I was a kid (i'm talking the 90s, not the 50s), if you acted like a brat or talked back, you'd get a spank on the butt, and you learned from it. In teenage years, you got your phone/playstation/xbox/whatever taken away. My parents would take my car keys. And you LEARNED. Now... I don't know. It seems like a lot more parents give their kids things to shut them up rather than bothering to actually parent. This is NOT a blanket statement. Just a general observation.

YES!! Exactly! I know what you mean when you say a smack on the butt. Punishment within reason.  And yes parents are afraid of being reported. But when did that start. Did all  kids all of a sudden wake up one day and say " lay one hand on me and I'm calling children's aid".  Like seriously the turn around happened so fast. They have no respect, no fear of consequences and will be ill equipped to deal with adulthood and the responsibilities that go along with being an adult. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Danielle acting like her children were the only ones in the world that had their plans changed was especially irritating.

It was strange to me that she talked about the kids sitting around all summer when they have 1. a giant backyard 2. a personal waterpark 3. age-appropriate playmates in-house for 5 of the 6 kids. Camp for me was largely about outdoor games, swimming, and playing with other kids, and the Busbys have that built in, so where's the big loss?

• Love 9

Danielle and Adam are not doing their daughters any favors by spoiling them and neglecting to teach them proper social behavior. The girls are whiny—and I wonder how much of that is because their parents are too busy making videos and fussing with social media. Not everything needs to be documented. And I’ll tell you this—I never would have posted a video of my daughters misbehaving as the quints were. I’d be so embarrassed. 

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Lukeysboat said:

Danielle and Adam are not doing their daughters any favors by spoiling them and neglecting to teach them proper social behavior. The girls are whiny—and I wonder how much of that is because their parents are too busy making videos and fussing with social media. Not everything needs to be documented. And I’ll tell you this—I never would have posted a video of my daughters misbehaving as the quints were. I’d be so embarrassed. 

My guess is that they're both so self-absorbed and think the sun rises and sets on their precious little princesses that they don't even notice how awful they're being. On top of their behavioral issues and being so spoiled, they literally live in a bubble of only their immediate family, so they will absolutely fall flat on their faces as they get older. They're used to getting what they want when they want, they hit and push each other, etc. I've never seen another kid their age, aside from now Graham, at their house or even mentioned, for that matter. What flies in their house will not fly elsewhere. They're going to hit the wrong kid or talk back to the wrong teacher, and they will get the biggest dose of reality they could ever imagine. You've never publicly posted a video of your children misbehaving because you have tact AND you don't see your kids as cash cows. That's not a bad thing 🙂

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

YES!! Exactly! I know what you mean when you say a smack on the butt. Punishment within reason.  And yes parents are afraid of being reported. But when did that start. Did all  kids all of a sudden wake up one day and say " lay one hand on me and I'm calling children's aid".  Like seriously the turn around happened so fast. They have no respect, no fear of consequences and will be ill equipped to deal with adulthood and the responsibilities that go along with being an adult. 

I'm glad you understand what I'm saying. I wanted to make it abundantly clear that I don't think they need to be beaten with belts (although.... lol KIDDING!) but they could do with the occasional spank. Or even when they count to three, there's an actual consequence. I mean seriously. What, they get sent to their room if they get to three? So they can, what, play with all of the toys they have in their rooms? That's hardly a punishment, and will not teach them anything. I can tell you that when my parents started counting, I ran like hell. 

As to when this change happened.. I can't say for sure, but I can say that I was probably among the last wave of kids that was actually disciplined, because I do have cousins younger than me (between 10-20 years younger) who are a part of this non-disciplined upbringing. Teenagers these days are out of control. With these very same cousins, their parents hardly ever know where they are or when they're coming home. 15 year olds looked VERY different 15-20 years ago. That was the age where you started to explore all things adult. Now these kids look like they've been doing that for years already.  It's a shame. I'm afraid that society will start to adapt to and accept what's happening.

• Love 3

Folks, Please keep the talk to the Busbys and others on the show.  Do not extrapolate to entire generations.  It is off topic. 

Also, as has been stated previously on this thread, this is not the place to debate the merits of any form of corporal punishment. 

1 hour ago, Lukeysboat said:

Kids misbehave, sometimes embarrassingly so, but what's bothered me about the Busbys is that they're fine with showing the world many of their small children's worst moments.  No one would want the world to see us at our worst, and now the girls' hard moments are out in the world forever.  Those girls didn't get a chance to consent to what's been shared and worst of all, that material is shared largely to fund their parents' largess.  It's disturbing on many levels.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Kids misbehave, sometimes embarrassingly so, but what's bothered me about the Busbys is that they're fine with showing the world many of their small children's worst moments.  No one would want the world to see us at our worst, and now the girls' hard moments are out in the world forever.  Those girls didn't get a chance to consent to what's been shared and worst of all, that material is shared largely to fund their parents' largess.  It's disturbing on many levels.

I know it's been brought up before, but the whole potty training thing was too much. Not just because some people may not enjoy seeing that, but because that's going to be really embarrassing for them when they get older. That in addition to all of the other things they've caught on camera. I get the parents think it's funny and fascinating, but I think they could have boiled all of that down into maybe one episode. Then there was the time Parker pooped outside in the playhouse then stepped in it, the time Hazel pooped in the corner, the bed wetting, Riley saying she pooped on her leg, I could go on and on. That will be uncomfortable for them when they're in elementary/middle/high school. I'm 100% certain Adam and Danielle did not think it through that this stuff would come back around later and cause those kids quote a bit of embarrassment. 

• Love 3

I've been rewatching the first season lately, and boy, did the dynamics change between Adam and Danielle... They seemed to be a loving couple (and though I don't like them I'm hoping they still are and it's all the editing) but now on the Talking Heads Danielle is so bitchy. She always makes passive-aggressive comments und tries to soften them with fake laughters at the end of every sentence. She really seems to be annoyed with Adam ...ok,  I get that, haha... Same when he tries to hug or kiss her, she seems reluctant. Again, this could be the editing. Anyway, I used to like them, but the fact that they don't teach their kids manners or to be grateful and that she uses illnesses to keep up the interest in their show  and the constant complaining and whining (adults and kids) changed that for me.  

• Love 9

21 hours ago, se0307 said:

I know it's been brought up before, but the whole potty training thing was too much. Not just because some people may not enjoy seeing that, but because that's going to be really embarrassing for them when they get older. That in addition to all of the other things they've caught on camera. I get the parents think it's funny and fascinating, but I think they could have boiled all of that down into maybe one episode. Then there was the time Parker pooped outside in the playhouse then stepped in it, the time Hazel pooped in the corner, the bed wetting, Riley saying she pooped on her leg, I could go on and on. That will be uncomfortable for them when they're in elementary/middle/high school. I'm 100% certain Adam and Danielle did not think it through that this stuff would come back around later and cause those kids quote a bit of embarrassment. 

I think TLC is getting worse. I keep seeing previews for this new show "The Blended Bunch" apparently focusing on another yuuuuuge family, this time a blended one brought together by some tragedy and they show the little boy of about 3 or so sat on the toilet asking the mom if she can check to see if the poop is out yet, it's horrible. I don't think there's a thread made yet but I'm sure it will be coming. Parents that allow their children to be filmed half naked are disgusting people IMHO. 

Edited by overtherainbow
  • Love 7

Danielle is so annoying, and she's getting worse with each passing season. All she does is whine, complaining and she constantly interrupts people when they're trying to speak. It seems Adumb can't say anything without her interrupting him. She also says mean things to him in a passive aggressive way. I really don't care for her at all. And Danielle, lose the baby talk, it's so irritating.

• Love 6

Starting slow...

1) Preschool owner Randi is still on the payroll. Riley "technically" never finished kindergarten, per Adam. 

{snarky - she must have gotten one hell of a report card from March-EOY}

2) Mini's is capable of teaching and directing a skit to 10 kids

3) Hazel long awaited in-person eye appointment..after 10 months... oooohhh the possibility of surgery...

4) Blakye runs and grabs a picture that is more of Adam, than it is of her, as an infant, to place on her school desk. 

5) 1st day of school dresses are laid out on the floor

6) Preview for next week: Here comes another sister.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

My guess is that Mimi was a para professional (teacher's aide) in whatever school she was in. For liability reasons, our state requires aides to have a teaching certificate (and therefore college degree). They do have a yearly contract. The pay is lousy, but a lot of mostly women that do it are in for the health benefits - if their husband is self employed or something.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 3