Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'm sure they consider the beach house 'theirs', because they it was rented by the production company at least two years in a row now, for filming.  

That way the production crew has total access, doesn't have a bunch of onlookers end up on camera, and they either have to get permission from the people to use their image, or blur the faces.      I also read that they were at the beach house for two weeks, and then the RV trip for at least another week.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

Shout out to Adam for being an irresponsible parent. He got Hazel a Frappuccino that not only has 410 calories, but also 15 mg of caffeine and 47 grams of sugar. Great job, dad. Congrats on contributing to your child's imminent diabetes. 

This was after she ate a bag of Cheetos and who knows what else on the way to the appointment. Along with the Frappuccino, she also had pumpkin bread, which is also loaded with sugar. 

Screenshot_20210302-164019.jpg

Screenshot_20210302-164259.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

They way Hazel is sipping on that Frappuccino - that one pictured above isn't her first... it takes a minute to get used to them..

wonder if the Dr (if it was a medical appt) took her blood pressure...

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, sATL said:

They way Hazel is sipping on that Frappuccino - that one pictured above isn't her first... it takes a minute to get used to them..

wonder if the Dr (if it was a medical appt) took her blood pressure...

Yeah you're definitely right. Why couldn't he have just gotten her a chocolate milk or something? Why did it have to be a caffeinated milkshake? Starbucks has plenty of options for kids. I'm not sure if the eye doctor takes blood pressure, but after this, I feel like they should start. I'm more concerned with the insane amount of sugar these kids consume. It's not even about the fact that they're going to be completely addicted and likely struggle with their weight because of it, but seriously, they will end up with juvenile diabetes. They have that "happy bowl" rule where they don't get dessert unless they finish their dinner... Their dinner of pizza with ranch or mac and cheese or whatever other garbage she's feeding them. So after they finish that, they get dessert. Stupid move. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

They will as soon as a cell phone company that handles iPhones signs them up, and then it will be nothing but iPhones.  

A&D will need to be in constant contact with them at all times, plus they all have to have matching ones so that they all know how special they are. The next year they'll have brand new iPhones to match their brand new beds. And cowboy boots. And snow pants and jackets that they'll never wear again.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, Eureka said:

It’s sad that that was the first thing I thought of when I heard this news.

Considering you're not the only one who thought that, I would agree. Sad for them. 

4 hours ago, se0307 said:

's not even about the fact that they're going to be completely addicted and likely struggle with their weight because of it, but seriously, they will end up with juvenile diabetes

I agree that the Frappuccino was a ridiculous thing to give a young child. Most kids gets junk food once in a while but that’s a particularly weird choice, being so big and so loaded with caffeine and sugar.  Yuck. 

This said, juvenile diabetes—a.k.a. T1–is not caused by too many milkshakes. It’s an autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system destroys its own insulin-producing cells in the pancreas. It is often caused by genetics or even a virus can trigger it—but not a bad diet. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, Lukeysboat said:

I agree that the Frappuccino was a ridiculous thing to give a young child. Most kids gets junk food once in a while but that’s a particularly weird choice, being so big and so loaded with caffeine and sugar.  Yuck. 

This said, juvenile diabetes—a.k.a. T1–is not caused by too many milkshakes. It’s an autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system destroys its own insulin-producing cells in the pancreas. It is often caused by genetics or even a virus can trigger it—but not a bad diet

Ok, not juvenile diabetes, but type 2 diabetes in children. Never used to be a thing, but now with kids eating the way these do, it does happen. They might not be at risk quite yet, but if they don't change what they're feeding them, they'll be on their way.  They can barely get those kids to eat vegetables, and they're still giving them processed crap like frozen pizza and chicken nuggets for dinner. And they always have a snack in their hands. I've seen it so many times with them, actually, especially Hazel. In the car, at Blayke's basketball games, etc. Those things combined can very well lead to overweight and generally unhealthy kids, even possibly causing diabetes, if not immediately.

• Useful 1

Danielle, about the quints spending the night at Dale & Krystal's house: "I'm going to get them some new PJs so they feel special for their first sleepover." ..............................

They're literally just going over to their aunt & uncle's house. Why do they need new PJs? They're going to be sooooooooooo far from being able to function normally in the world if their parents keep trying to "make them feel special" every time they do something that other kids their age do that's considered normal. The special part is that they get to have a sleepover. Do they really need a new set of PJs for that? 

• Love 13
(edited)
43 minutes ago, se0307 said:

Danielle, about the quints spending the night at Dale & Krystal's house: "I'm going to get them some new PJs so they feel special for their first sleepover." ..............................

They're literally just going over to their aunt & uncle's house. Why do they need new PJs? They're going to be sooooooooooo far from being able to function normally in the world if their parents keep trying to "make them feel special" every time they do something that other kids their age do that's considered normal. The special part is that they get to have a sleepover. Do they really need a new set of PJs for that? 

probably easy to buy 5 new matchies than to wash/dry/fold a load a clothes. Heaven forbid someone's pants doesn't match their top or someone has on a different colored PJ gown.

I personally be more worried about Dale's potty mouth, unless he's cleaned up his verbiage..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, sATL said:

probably easy to buy 5 new matchies than to wash/dry/fold a load a clothes. Heaven forbid someone's pants doesn't match their top or someone has on a different colored PJ gown.

I personally be more worried about Dale's potty mouth, unless he's cleaned up his verbiage..

I don't think he's cleaned up his verbiage one bit. And I assume it's only going to get worse the older the girls get. 

I'd be more worried about his positive covid test lol. Not at all surprised at least one of them got it. I guess we'll find out who else did in the next few episodes.

17 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Haven't Dale and Crystal watched the quints before, like when A & D went to Nashville to talk to that preacher and his wife about Adam's issues?   And here have been other times too.  

Yes they have! But they stayed at their own house. Not that it matters, don't Crystal and Dale live like 5 minutes (max) away and they're there all the time? Regardless, new PJs to make them feel special is a bit much. 

• Love 1
(edited)

The house they lived in with the mold problem was right down the street from Dale and Crystal (or very close by, A & D said that several times), and the new house is in another subdivision, but probably not that far away.    I think A or D said the new house is close to Nick and Ashley, but I don't know what 'close' really means. 

The biggest factor in buying in that area is two words-Never Flooded.   The flooding after Hurricane Harvey didn't get any of A & D's houses, except Mimi's, because they showed it on Outdaughtered.

There were houses in Houston that had flooding during Harvey for the first time in their history, that were not new, and they flooded deep enough to evacuate people by boat.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, se0307 said:

Do they really need a new set of PJs for that? 

Plus new sleeping bags. In which the quints apparently didn't sleep. They had their blankets with their names on with them.

6 hours ago, sATL said:

probably easy to buy 5 new matchies than to wash/dry/fold a load a clothes.

Probably easier to always eat from paper plates than to put the dishes in the diswasher too...

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Elodia said:

Plus new sleeping bags. In which the quints apparently didn't sleep. They had their blankets with their names on with them.

And Danielle did say they would be their "sleeping at Aunt Kiki and Uncle Dale's house sleeping bags". 🙄 I wonder if they asked if it was okay for them to store 5 sleeping bags at their house. I'm guessing no.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Mary said:

Personally, I wouldn't sit my 5-year old down and explain to her that she's an ugly duckling. Even if it were the case, kids evolve and change every day.  What she looks like at age 5 could be disparate from what she looks like later on in childhood or adolescence.  IMO, there is nothing wrong with Hazel's looks.  I don't know what she could possibly be made fun of for.  

Someone said it a few pages back, and i'm just adding to the fact that Danielle makes them seem like they're one entity. But your opinion differs from others, which is exactly the point. Not everyone will see each of them the same, and they need to teach them that they are individuals, but on top of that, they coddle the crap out of them and the real world is less kind. Not being critical, but redheads do get teased more in elementary/middle school, and on top of that she has glasses. I'm not saying she's set up for failure, nor do I have any issue with people who wear glasses, but kids sure as hell do. They're mean, and they find any reason to tease each other. It's all opinion based.

• Love 3

I’m not watching these assholes anymore but why are they even getting a home on Galveston? They live 20 min away! These people are getting out of hand. They think they are special and an exception to any rule. I hate inconsiderate jerks like them. This is why I’m not even watching this season. 

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, Mary said:

Personally, I wouldn't sit my 5-year old down and explain to her that she's an ugly duckling. Even if it were the case, kids evolve and change every day.  What she looks like at age 5 could be disparate from what she looks like later on in childhood or adolescence.  IMO, there is nothing wrong with Hazel's looks.  I don't know what she could possibly be made fun of for.  

I agree. Unpopular Opinion, I guess, but I think Hazel's gotten very pretty. 

• Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, se0307 said:

Someone said it a few pages back, and i'm just adding to the fact that Danielle makes them seem like they're one entity. But your opinion differs from others, which is exactly the point. Not everyone will see each of them the same, and they need to teach them that they are individuals, but on top of that, they coddle the crap out of them and the real world is less kind. Not being critical, but redheads do get teased more in elementary/middle school, and on top of that she has glasses. I'm not saying she's set up for failure, nor do I have any issue with people who wear glasses, but kids sure as hell do. They're mean, and they find any reason to tease each other. It's all opinion based.

So does Adam. Still don't think the man has fully accepted he has 6 individual children. He thinks of 5 + 1 {note I said "5' first}.

I am secretly hoping the public school and/or rec sports world breaks that up a little. While no school probably has 5 individual classrooms (another plug for keeping Riley up one grade)  in the same grade, they will be in an environment where they will be noticed and evaluated on their individual  efforts, hopefully with more classmates in the mix. And there will be a bigger bandwidth of educational professionals to guide them along.

On the rec sports - someone is going to be better , get more playing time, or just doesn't want to do it. Even though there might not be "cuts" at their level - there probably a limit on how many a team will accept - to give a chance to others.

image.png.67e29a3df4d9168705a5e53df77d360b.png

image.thumb.png.3f528e9875e212d8b085c7e7b7470302.png

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

I noticed long ago that the Quints never say please or thank you.

I noticed this today as well. Blayke at age 5 did not "please" or "thank you" once when Adam took her for ice cream, when she was meeting the kindergarten teacher..... By 5 it should be automatic.  At 2, 3, 4, the parents would be prompting "what do you say" and "what's the magic word". They should be saying even to the quints as babies, so it becomes ingrained. 

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, Quof said:

I noticed this today as well. Blayke at age 5 did not "please" or "thank you" once when Adam took her for ice cream, when she was meeting the kindergarten teacher..... By 5 it should be automatic.  At 2, 3, 4, the parents would be prompting "what do you say" and "what's the magic word". They should be saying even to the quints as babies, so it becomes ingrained. 

That's so true. They've been screaming "I want apple juice!" And everything else for as long as they could speak. Instead of saying "not until you say please" they just say "okay hold one second!" And then the kids just grab it and don't say jack. That's insane to me. At what age do they think it's appropriate for them to learn?

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Mary said:

Personally, I wouldn't sit my 5-year old down and explain to her that she's an ugly duckling. Even if it were the case, kids evolve and change every day.  What she looks like at age 5 could be disparate from what she looks like later on in childhood or adolescence.

I agree completely. I also wouldn’t say “Parker is so insane.” This contributes to the stigma surrounding mental health issues such as anxiety. She’s a little kid with anxiety—it’s not uncommon. 

• Love 16

Part of the problem seems to me that so many of the adults in their world treat them like mini adults. Coffee beverages at 5? Might as well just give her /the quints the iPhone now to go with it. While on her way to her 2pm mani/pedi.

And Dale with his language in front of the girls is another sign of treating them like adults. 

These people seem to be truly lacking in any common sense. Too bad. As Dr Phil says, someone needs to be the hero in this situation. That means someone to consistently set limits and say no. And not "no, ma'am". 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, seasons said:

Part of the problem seems to me that so many of the adults in their world treat them like mini adults.

After all, they are the primary wage earners in the family.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6

I turned it off.  I found it boring and scripted.  The girls did funny thing when little.  Now, not much at all.  It was also too annoying that they complained about the kitchen remodel constantly, that they chose to do,  in the middle of a pandemic.  Just shutup.  

• Love 14
On 3/3/2021 at 7:39 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

The house they lived in with the mold problem was right down the street from Dale and Crystal (or very close by, A & D said that several times), and the new house is in another subdivision, but probably not that far away.    I think A or D said the new house is close to Nick and Ashley, but I don't know what 'close' really means. 

The biggest factor in buying in that area is two words-Never Flooded.   The flooding after Hurricane Harvey didn't get any of A & D's houses, except Mimi's, because they showed it on Outdaughtered.

There were houses in Houston that had flooding during Harvey for the first time in their history, that were not new, and they flooded deep enough to evacuate people by boat.    

The sub division they lived in before was all built by the same contractor, Taylor Morrison.  They are being sued by many families because of their HVAC systems.  Apparently there was a flaw and many of the houses developed mold.  It seems to be a reoccurring problem and the mold returns even after they say they "fixed" it.  They now live in Whispering Lakes near Ashley.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

On 3/4/2021 at 5:51 PM, se0307 said:

That's so true. They've been screaming "I want apple juice!" And everything else for as long as they could speak. Instead of saying "not until you say please" they just say "okay hold one second!" And then the kids just grab it and don't say jack. That's insane to me. At what age do they think it's appropriate for them to learn?

They are very demanding and whiney little girls, which doesn't surprise me seeing as they've been spoiled all their lives and Adam and Danielle have never made much of an effort to teach them how to be properly grateful and thankful for things. I think they are becoming quite bratty and they aren't that little and cute anymore so it's becoming much harder to be brushed off. The world is going to be quite rough for them when they grow up and learn the world isn't all about them and TLC stops bankrolling their luxurious lifestyle (and I mean that for the whole family).

• Love 17

I am shocked when I watch a lot of reality shows that people don't socially distance or wear masks, I'm in Canada, here where I live you have to wear a mask in any public place and you can only see people socially who are in your bubble, in my case that is my sister and bro-in-law.....nobody else. The whole tribe plus Mimi were all in a store and nobody had on masks, and  they met up with the teacher, again no masks.

Most kids I know learn how to ride a balance bike then transition to a bicycle.  Another thing with the Busby kids - do they all have speaking delays, even Blayke has issues, if I didn't have closed captioning I would never understand a word they say.

Danielle and Adam are so annoying and miserable much of time... 😕

• Love 8

Adam says we can escape the chaos of the construction and get out of the city, and go on an RV trip....easy peasy when money is no object and nobody has to work lol.

• Love 6
57 minutes ago, endure said:

I am shocked when I watch a lot of reality shows that people don't socially distance or wear masks, I'm in Canada, here where I live you have to wear a mask in any public place and you can only see people socially who are in your bubble, in my case that is my sister and bro-in-law.....nobody else. The whole tribe plus Mimi were all in a store and nobody had on masks, and  they met up with the teacher, again no masks.

Most kids I know learn how to ride a balance bike then transition to a bicycle.  Another thing with the Busby kids - do they all have speaking delays, even Blayke has issues, if I didn't have closed captioning I would never understand a word they say.

Danielle and Adam are so annoying and miserable much of time... 😕

I've wondered the exact same thing!! They still talk like two year olds. At this age they should really have better speaking skills. But it probably comes from Adam and Danielle talking to them like babies. 

The bikes... They really should have taken one of them out at a time. That way they could gauge each kid's abilities individually and not have them all whining to try the bike with no training wheels. Only Riley seemed to manage on the bike without. They should have gone over the basics first, like pedal forward. Pedaling backward brakes. THEN try them on the regular bike if they can manage that much. 

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, se0307 said:

I've wondered the exact same thing!! They still talk like two year olds. At this age they should really have better speaking skills. But it probably comes from Adam and Danielle talking to them like babies. 

The bikes... They really should have taken one of them out at a time. That way they could gauge each kid's abilities individually and not have them all whining to try the bike with no training wheels. Only Riley seemed to manage on the bike without. They should have gone over the basics first, like pedal forward. Pedaling backward brakes. THEN try them on the regular bike if they can manage that much. 

I was trying to find quick moments to hear the other girls at the tea party - speak. Not to compare but I needed a baseline - as its been a while since I've been around 9-11 year olds.

I was thinking too Blyake does it vying for attention, or just need someone to kindly, but firmly comment, on her speaking skills. Blayke is 9 and she should be using her voice to state her ideas - all of the time.

I see she did just that during the bonus episode. She clearly stated what makes Hazel unique.

Oh my - Adam just made it a national guessing game - "how many pairs of glasses has Hazel broke?" - what an a*s. some things just don't need to be said on national tv. I also didn't care for it when he said Parker might not want to play team sports - well there is a such thing as individual sports.. or nor sports at all.

RE: Bikes - Adam thinks in "5" - it takes him a long time to consider doing one thing with one daughter at a time. I was thinking during that bike lesson - what is this man going to do when it is time to learn to drive ? What should have done was go over to Dale/sister and stayed there until the quints when to sleep - be  a friend to Bronson. Why was his presence needed at a 9-11 year old all girl sleepover ?  As Blayke and her buddies - including cousins - might not want a grown male hanging around that much all of the time...

I wish I knew what was inside of that pool house... I can see a sink being on the outside, but in 20-20 hindsight - maybe D&A should have re-modeled the pool house to have a kitchenette  - to make poolside BBQs easier and to have a backup to the main kitchen remodel.  Plumber showed up with the cheapest sink he could find..😀

Prayers out to Dale...a positive test, 🙏

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7

RE : Graham - 

Does anyone think young Graham is a staged model ?

1) he is quite tall to be in the same class. I know kiddies grow at different rates, but still..

2) when they first showed his picture - it looked more like a headshot for an acting/modeling job...the pose, full length, straight onto camera, picture perfect hair/outfit, little smile

3) where could they possibly be where he would need a nametag and Hazel doesn't ?  He's got a pose here too..

image.png.b9b5e0fc6be9f9948bba5a18974304c8.png

• Love 3
(edited)

Another oddity.... houses can have problems... old ones, new ones, everywhere... Home Depot/Lowes/Ace/DIY exist for a reason. It's not always about decor..

But the Busby's are kinda 1-to-2 in a few short years and to the extreme... First it was mold-mania ... now its water-mania. Anyone remember what went wrong in their 1st house - all I remember it was just very small

what kind of water problem would cause one to take out the front main stairs when the leak was discovered in the kitchen? How long has the leak been going on - unnoticed ?  I'm trying to figure out is this issue a contractor problem   , a builder problem,   or what ?? I need to re-read the article but did they redo the stairs first (for the commercial) which maybe caused the water issue ? Water leaks also causes the bill to go up exponentially - they didn't notice that ? Water just doesn't sit,  it moves - no water spots on ceiling? Nothing smelled damp? no puddles ? Pressure stayed the same? No new mold - due to dripping water drying ?

Adam brought up a good point that I too was concerned about ... taking out the only stairway means they cannot travel up/down in the house, if only one was  out of order. A house of that size - just might need a second stairway - for safety purposes and a easier way to get up/down. There isn't always a need to go through the long hall and part of the living room, just to get upstairs.

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, sATL said:

what kind of water problem would cause one to take out the front main stairs when the leak was discovered in the kitchen? How long has the leak been going on - unnoticed ?  I'm trying to figure out is this issue a contractor problem   , a builder problem,   or what ?? I need to re-read the article but did they redo the stairs first (for the commercial) which maybe caused the water issue ? Water leaks also causes the bill to go up exponentially - they didn't notice that ? Water just doesn't sit,  it moves - no water spots on ceiling? Nothing smelled damp? no puddles ? Pressure stayed the same? No new mold - due to dripping water drying ?

Adam brought up a good point that I too was concerned about ... taking out the only stairway means they cannot travel up/down in the house, if only one was  out of order. A house of that size - just might need a second stairway - for safety purposes and a easier way to get up/down. There isn't always a need to go through the long hall and part of the living room, just to get upstairs.

I remember Adam posting while the construction was going on. He said they took a part of the landing on the staircase out to make the kitchen (I think) bigger.

Also- they are now The Container Store influencers

Edited by druzy
8 hours ago, sATL said:

Another oddity.... houses can have problems... old ones, new ones, everywhere... Home Depot/Lowes/Ace/DIY exist for a reason. It's not always about decor..

But the Busby's are kinda 1-to-2 in a few short years and to the extreme... First it was mold-mania ... now its water-mania. Anyone remember what went wrong in their 1st house - all I remember it was just very small

I thought that house did have two stairways, one in the entry and one in the kitchen, so it didn't even make sense that they had no access.  I don't really care what they have or do but there's no need to lie or pretend to the viewers.  

• Love 5

Houses in Crystal Beach (which is where I would guess the beach house was because it really is close to League City) can be surprisingly affordable.  Plus many families split the costs.  I rented a house there that slept 8 that was only $125 a night 

• Useful 2

Watching the newest episodes, it struck me again how bad their speech is. Since I was brought up further up the thread, it's alarming apparent now. I get they're kids, but at 5 they really should be talking less like toddlers than they are. Maybe it's compounded by the whining and tantrums, but you'd think you were watching a bunch of three year olds. I don't think A&D bother to correct them either though, and they can barely speak properly either. I've noticed more than once that they say "she be's mean to me". Doesn't help that they can't go to school and be taught by an actual teacher...

• Love 3
Just now, se0307 said:

Watching the newest episodes, it struck me again how bad their speech is. Since I was brought up further up the thread, it's alarming apparent now. I get they're kids, but at 5 they really should be talking less like toddlers than they are. Maybe it's compounded by the whining and tantrums, but you'd think you were watching a bunch of three year olds. I don't think A&D bother to correct them either though, and they can barely speak properly either. I've noticed more than once that they say "she be's mean to me". Doesn't help that they can't go to school and be taught by an actual teacher...

It also doesn't help that A&D talks baby talk to them. The way she pronounces 'Parker' drives me nuts! Pahker! And she emphasizes each syllable. So irritating. No wonder the kids have speech problems. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

It also doesn't help that A&D talks baby talk to them. The way she pronounces 'Parker' drives me nuts! Pahker! And she emphasizes each syllable. So irritating. No wonder the kids have speech problems. 

You mean "Porker" 😂 no I totally agree. Might help if they stopped calling everyone RiRi or KiKi or LuLu.. or even LiLi for Ashley?! I've never seen a situation this bad where parents didn't even try to correct their kid's speech. At least try to explain to them what the right word or pronunciation is. Blayke I noticed (in part 2 of the special episodes) is definitely advancing. Her pronunciation is definitely still a little babyish, but at least she has a bigger vocabulary.  She used the words "resemblance" and "antagonize" which are pretty good for a 10 year old. I'm fairly certain that only the smart ones will learn, and that's because they're self-motivated to learn. 

• Love 2
On 3/7/2021 at 11:38 AM, endure said:

I thought that house did have two stairways, one in the entry and one in the kitchen, so it didn't even make sense that they had no access.  I don't really care what they have or do but there's no need to lie or pretend to the viewers.  

1 minute ago, tinderbox said:

The stairway that was in the old kitchen was removed during remodeling, before the leak in the wall was discovered, and is gone forever.  The stairway near the front door is the one the family had no access to during the leaking problems.  I think the landing had to be removed for a time.

D and A can drive me nuts, at times, but they weren’t pretending or lying about the stairway situation.

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 2
On 2/25/2021 at 11:22 AM, eel21788 said:

I can't wait to see his total meltdown when he comes to the realization that four of the quints will get their learners' permits, but Hazel will never be able to drive because of her eyesight.

Many people with nystagmus are able to drive:

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Many people with nystagmus are able to drive:

Not to mention it's about 10 years before the girls can drive, so who knows what medical advancements there may be by then.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
On 3/10/2021 at 4:36 PM, se0307 said:

You mean "Porker" 😂 no I totally agree. Might help if they stopped calling everyone RiRi or KiKi or LuLu.. or even LiLi for Ashley?! I've never seen a situation this bad where parents didn't even try to correct their kid's speech. At least try to explain to them what the right word or pronunciation is. Blayke I noticed (in part 2 of the special episodes) is definitely advancing. Her pronunciation is definitely still a little babyish, but at least she has a bigger vocabulary.  She used the words "resemblance" and "antagonize" which are pretty good for a 10 year old. I'm fairly certain that only the smart ones will learn, and that's because they're self-motivated to learn. 

I used to think the same thing.  My SIL's 3 kids are all older than mine.  They would refer to the girls (both of them) as "Sissy."  They referred to all animals (stuffed animals, toys, farm animals, etc) by the noise they make.  "See those Moo Moo's over there?"  "Do you want your Quack Quack?"   Seriously!  How hard is it to call a child by her name (why is every girl called "Sissy?") and teach kids the actual name of the animal - cows, ducks, pigs, dogs.  It's not like these words are difficult to say.

I guess it's a cultural or regional thing.  I thought it was crazy (I still think it's weird), but my nieces are perfectly functioning adults, and my nephew is in high school and is doing just fine.  They speak normal English with no speech problems.  The Quints will be fine, despite the cute nicknames.

• Love 3