Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

The pic above of the 5 girls in dresses standing on the stairs is a nice photo but I have a few comments. I cant help but notice the mini Jay Leno chins that Hazel, Riley, and Parker have.  Parker looks mean and Manipulative. FFWD 15 years to when these girls are 20. Parker will be the Hot girl making all of the boys lives miserable with her Femme Fatale looks and attitude. Ole Crazy eyes Hazel looks very happy. I wonder if they fixed her crooked stare so she doesnt have to look 15 degrees to the left to see straight. It looks like it in this photo. Sort of like the headlight on my motorcycle. Cocked a little to the left. I would look happy too if they fixed my eyes. I want to know when Danielle is going to stop with the 5 identical uniforms for these girls. Parents love to speak about their precious pain in the asses individuality. These girls have absolutely none if they cant even dress different. Like a Catholic School in their uniforms everyday. And dont give me this it easier to keep up with them. They are 5 years old. If they are still running off out of control then they need to solve that problem quickly. Put them back on dog leashes if you have to. Like the episode where they go to the space center and they all freak out at the site of a guy in a space suit. Drooling Hazel was at it again. There is something majorly wrong with these girls with them being scared of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. I love Parker trying to hide in the yard from the easter Bunny behind a 2 inch wide pole trying to figure out how to move the pole so she is hidden. LOL that was classic and they are scared of a Space Man. They are really going to embarrass themselves when one of them freaks out in high school over someone in a uniform. Unresolved issues. I was watching the spacecenter-potty training episode today where Hazel absolutely freaks out at the site of a guy in a space suit. Drooling all over herslelf.

They have all turned out to be nice looking young girls. I was worried about Hazel. After watching some of the older episodes when they all had very short hair especially Hazel and I forgot how absolutely butt ugly she was. That Pan smashed face and crazy eyes. I would have to send her to be raised by the neighbors if she was my kid.  I cant have an Ugly as hell kid. And Hazel was lookin real rough for about 3 years. I hope in all of their travels that Adam and Danielle dont bring anything home that will kill the kids. One gets sick they will all get sick and being that they were Premature they will surely all die if they get sick with something as bad as Covid-19. I hope they have taken that into consideration while sipping their fruity drinks with the sand between their toes. they would be back to just one kid who is not a pain in the ass and out of control like her sisters. I am speaking from experience since my selfish teenage niece decided to attend a party with her not so bright friends and she brought the virus home and within 2 weeks Covid-19 killed her mom and 2 of her other aunts, one uncle and 3 of her 4 grandparents. But shes only 19 so shes fine. She kills 6 of our relatives so she can spend 2 hours at a crappy party. Those kids that attended that party killed about 25 of their relatives within a months time. I personally know 16 ppl that have died from Covid-19 so to those who take it lightly. Don't!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I think the Busby girls are all very pretty.  I have a friend who has triplets that are in the 7th grade and she dressed them identically for years simply because it made her life easier in the mornings.  The funny thing is now they all still dress identically except that their clothes are usually different colors - same clothes, just different colors.  

Facial features change as children grow, so there is always some stage where somebody's nose looks a little big, or their chin, or maybe their eyes seem too large or too small.  It is hard to know what a 5-year old is going to look at by the time he or she reaches maturity.

I'm sorry for your family's loss.  I'm sorry for your niece also, because she has to live with the pain of knowing her idiotic teenage action (and who among us did not do stupid, idiotic things when we were teenagers?) had such a devastating effect on her family.  I hope she receives compassion from her other family members.

• Love 5
On 9/15/2020 at 9:54 PM, Waldopepper said:

The pic above of the 5 girls in dresses standing on the stairs is a nice photo but I have a few comments. I cant help but notice the mini Jay Leno chins that Hazel, Riley, and Parker have.  Parker looks mean and Manipulative. FFWD 15 years to when these girls are 20. Parker will be the Hot girl making all of the boys lives miserable with her Femme Fatale looks and attitude. Ole Crazy eyes Hazel looks very happy. I wonder if they fixed her crooked stare so she doesnt have to look 15 degrees to the left to see straight. It looks like it in this photo. Sort of like the headlight on my motorcycle. Cocked a little to the left. I would look happy too if they fixed my eyes. I want to know when Danielle is going to stop with the 5 identical uniforms for these girls. Parents love to speak about their precious pain in the asses individuality. These girls have absolutely none if they cant even dress different. Like a Catholic School in their uniforms everyday. And dont give me this it easier to keep up with them. They are 5 years old. If they are still running off out of control then they need to solve that problem quickly. Put them back on dog leashes if you have to. Like the episode where they go to the space center and they all freak out at the site of a guy in a space suit. Drooling Hazel was at it again. There is something majorly wrong with these girls with them being scared of Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. I love Parker trying to hide in the yard from the easter Bunny behind a 2 inch wide pole trying to figure out how to move the pole so she is hidden. LOL that was classic and they are scared of a Space Man. They are really going to embarrass themselves when one of them freaks out in high school over someone in a uniform. Unresolved issues. I was watching the spacecenter-potty training episode today where Hazel absolutely freaks out at the site of a guy in a space suit. Drooling all over herslelf.

They have all turned out to be nice looking young girls. I was worried about Hazel. After watching some of the older episodes when they all had very short hair especially Hazel and I forgot how absolutely butt ugly she was. That Pan smashed face and crazy eyes. I would have to send her to be raised by the neighbors if she was my kid.  I cant have an Ugly as hell kid. And Hazel was lookin real rough for about 3 years. I hope in all of their travels that Adam and Danielle dont bring anything home that will kill the kids. One gets sick they will all get sick and being that they were Premature they will surely all die if they get sick with something as bad as Covid-19. I hope they have taken that into consideration while sipping their fruity drinks with the sand between their toes. they would be back to just one kid who is not a pain in the ass and out of control like her sisters. I am speaking from experience since my selfish teenage niece decided to attend a party with her not so bright friends and she brought the virus home and within 2 weeks Covid-19 killed her mom and 2 of her other aunts, one uncle and 3 of her 4 grandparents. But shes only 19 so shes fine. She kills 6 of our relatives so she can spend 2 hours at a crappy party. Those kids that attended that party killed about 25 of their relatives within a months time. I personally know 16 ppl that have died from Covid-19 so to those who take it lightly. Don't!!!

Omg Waldo, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. 😂😂😂

I agree there was a time when Hazel Basil looked like a strange little chicken, with her nose that looked like a bird beak, her bright red hair sticking up in all directions like feathers, her beady little eyes looking in opposite directions while she cocked her head sideways to compensate and all the while drooling on everything.

I'm surprised that Hazel turned out to be fairly normal looking.

Parker has always been a little weird and she's the meanest of the quints, hitting her big sister Blayke... And it was obvious that Blayke was afraid of her because Blayke is a sweet little girl and doesn't like fighting.... Parker just stood there with a nasty scowl and her face red with anger.

Riley used to be the cute one but according to recent pics she's turning into a butter face

The twins are a little bug-eyed but their personalities seem okay

Waldo I'm Sorry to hear of your loss ❤

• Love 3

Waldo, I'm so sorry for your loss.     The selfishness of people stuns me constantly with this.   

The quints will be dressed identically as long as some sponsor furnishes the clothes, and pays to have them photographed wearing them.     My guess is someday the sponsorships will end, and the kids will be in the same stuff everyone else's kids wear.   

• Love 1

Gotta Love it!!! What a world where we get to type our fingers off talking about Bug eyed, Chicken Nosed, Butta faced girls and commenting on their weirdness and funny quirks. But that is reality TV. To those who say our comments are mean and inconsiderate. I say dont put yourself or your weird, funny looking pain in the ass kids on millions of our TVs if you dont like the comments. I dont really like millions of people talking about how I look and act, therefore I avoid appearing on reality TV like the plaque. Or should we start saying avoid it like Covid-19 and not the Plaque. Covid-19 is the Plaque with a Turbo, new and improved for this Century and we dont need no stinking rats to spread the disease. We can do it ourselves thank you very much.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I think Riley has caught up to her sisters in terms of abilities. In the recent Q&A on their channel she answered like a fairly typical 5 year old would, not some prodigy that was skipped to kindergarten a year early (and is now repeating). 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Mimi trying to cover up the smell of alcohol with perfume seems very on-brand for her. 

Also, I don't know about you, but I (and none of the women I know) don't have perfume at the ready in my car.  I wonder if this is a first offense, whether she's been caught before or not.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, zenme said:

She may carry it in her purse. In any case, that’s so selfish. Get an Uber. Anytime we go somewhere we we know we’re going to drink, we take an Uber to and from. 

Exactly, extremely selfish and irresponsible.... I can't stand people who drink and drive. 😤

When I was 12 years old my best friends older brother was killed by a drunk driver, he was on a motorcycle and the drunk drove right over him and kept on going, luckily people saw it happen and followed the drunk while other motorists stayed on the scene with the victim, they called 911 and did whatever they could while waiting for help to arrive... My friends brother was dead before the ambulance arrived... People who drink and drive are assholes!

I'm sad to say that I'm not at all surprised to see this type of behaviour associated with a relative of the Busby's since they all seem to have a privileged attitude with their noses in the air.

I hope they throw the book at her!

• Love 13

9 years ago our only son was killed by a drunk driver.  Mimi needs to get help, she is selfish to the max if she doesn't care about herself she needs to realize the rest of us and our loved ones are on the road!!

10 hours ago, SargesLady said:

9 years ago our only son was killed by a drunk driver.  Mimi needs to get help, she is selfish to the max if she doesn't care about herself she needs to realize the rest of us and our loved ones are on the road!!

I'm so sorry @SargesLady

• Love 6
12 hours ago, SargesLady said:

Or, she needs to be in jail. I'm sorry for your heartbreak and loss.  

• Love 7
On 10/20/2020 at 4:09 AM, SargesLady said:

I'm very sorry for your loss and I can't imagine how painful it must be. ❤

• Love 6

Just rewatched this whole show, and so many things are pissing my off. 

Why TF did they bring those children to Crystal & Dale's house the first time they're out of pull-ups, and then not apologize a single time, especially when hazel pissed on the carpet?

Why did they follow that up by saying "no one gets mad at Hazel". Why? Because she wears glasses? She's no more special than the rest of them. And maybe if they put her down once in a while, she wouldn't have been the last one walking. Now that they're beyond being toddlers, carrying them everywhere is absolutely stupid. These kids never learned how to self-sooth, especially not that callous and unemotional (the name they give toddlers instead of saying psychopath) Parker. How will she ever learn anything if they constantly let her cry and climb all over them? Plus, at her age, just staring at someone when they ask what your name is, is just plain rude and bad parenting. 

I'm not saying abuse the kids, but a spank on the ass could help fix this behavior. And now about saying NO once in a while. 

Guarantee those kids will end up with diabetes since they always give them candy just to shut up. 

• Love 4
On 11/14/2019 at 5:31 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I agree, the parents need to discipline and wtf why is Hazel going around knowing that her ass stinks and her first thought is to make others smell it.... She's plenty old enough to clean her own bum and if she can't clean it good enough then she needs to ask for help not run around punking people with her stinky ass.

And yes I know kids do stuff like this but you don't let them keep doing it and giggling when they do it.  🙄

The nose picking and EATING is beyond gross... That should have been stopped dead in its tracks a long time ago.... The parents seem to think that literally everything the quints do is adorable and make very little real effort to stop them.

Every time Parker acts up Adumb scoops her up and babies her....He continuously reinforces her behaviour... I can understand and sympathize with her about being scared of a horse but it's gotten to be that almost everything and everyone other than her parents scares this freaking kid.... Adumb constantly protecting her isn't giving her the opportunity to gain confidence and realize there was nothing to be scared of...... She seems to be getting worse not better because Adumb has taught her how to get out of dealing with things... Just start fussing, crying and acting up and u don't have to do it.

All of them are bad with the slapping, kicking etc..... Even little Hazel has turned into a fighter smacking, shoving.... and red faced Parker slapping and punching at Blayke was ridiculous, Adumb should have stopped the van got out and dealt with her, tell her she's not allowed to hit her sister and it better not happen again or there will be trouble!!....The fighting should have been addressed but once again the parents like to giggle about it so they let it continue plus I think they let ALL the bad behaviour continue for the show.

I haven't been able to watch the dude ranch episode because I'm getting sick of the bad behaviour with zero consequences other then the lame "time outs" where they've learned if they get up and walk away nothing is done so there's no time out for the worst offender like Riley.

Riley is smart, she's figured out that the parents are wishy-washy idiots.

Riley going to the pantry and taking food in the night and then sneaks back to the room and wouldn't share anything, just sat in her bed gobbling all the cookies like a little weirdo and slapping the others when they asked should have resulted in punishment but nope, Adumb and Daniel think it's cute cuz "RYYY RYYYY" (why do they think that's a cute nickname?) is so cute and precocious... Ya I don't think so, she's a greedy selfish brat who needs some discipline.... She obviously sucked up more than her share in the womb (poor little Hazel was probably squashed under Riley's fat ass) and she's still sucking up more than her fair share.... Maybe she'd eat her vegetables if she wasn't allowed to steal cookies and eat all night.

I'm starting to really dislike this family except Blayke,  she seems to be a sweet little girl and the quints are disgusting little monsters.... I feel sorry for her and I wish she would have smacked the hell out of Parker and given her something to cry about. 

ALL OF THIS. Through the years of watching this, I always wondered if I was judging too harshly. Thank god I found this forum, where I can finally see that there are other like-minded individuals. Just comparing this to my own upbringing (this was in the 90s where spanking by parents was 100% acceptable, and not back when kids were beaten with belts) I'm absolutely horrified by the lack of parenting from these two. Why is it okay to convince Blayke to go down that ridiculous water slide on the cruise ship, but when someone asks Parker what she wants to drink (after all of her sisters said what they wanted) and she just stares at the waiter, the parents just say "awwww.. poor Parker! It's okay, Parker!" No. It's not okay. Someone asked you a damn question that you are more than capable of answering. If that had been me, my parents would have said "Okay, she doesn't want anything, thank you!" and then the child can learn that they have to speak up if they want some F***ing lemonade. Also, do they not realize that the more she cries, the more negative attention she's bringing on herself? If she had just stood there during the little recital and not cried like a 1 year old, the kid next to her wouldn't have said "She's crying!" loudly enough that everyone noticed she was. One more thing about her, when Adam was talking to her about something she did wrong, she just burps in his face and laughs. Any child that grew up to be a decent adult would have gotten smacked across the face for that and never done it again.

Hazel is another one they need to watch out for. Years of being spoiled for being "different" (come on, she just needs glasses!) and she knows she can do no wrong. How about the time Hazel stabbed Riley in the finger with her fork, and when Riley cried and told Adam what Hazel did, he just said "no she didn't" and then was put in time out because she was crying. F THAT!

Riley is a brilliant child. Don't her parents know that she's picking up on all of the negative things they say about her? Like on the cruise when Danielle says she's "over Riley" and that of all of the kids, she's going to "clash with Riley the most" because their personalities don't mesh? Don't fool yourself Danielle, she's a mini you. Where do you think she got it? I say embrace the fact that one of their little angels is a genius and stop comparing her with the rest of them, and in the same token, stop whining that Hazel or Parker are behind. They are individual people and are allowed to progress at their own pace!

Blayke is the only good person in that family. Poor thing had to grow up twice as quickly, and then pick up her parent's slack when it comes to disciplining the quints. Why was Blayke pulling Riley off of the scooter during their sharing exercise while D&A just sat on their asses on the curb and lazily telling her to share? UGH! Makes me so mad that these idiots are thriving off of their terribly behaved kids. I can't wait until they get to school and the other kids start teasing them about the things their parents never taught them, like don't pick your nose and eat it, and ask other kids to smell your butt. Go eat some more rabbit poop.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 9/24/2020 at 5:31 AM, Joan of Argh said:

Omg Waldo, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. 😂😂😂

I agree there was a time when Hazel Basil looked like a strange little chicken, with her nose that looked like a bird beak, her bright red hair sticking up in all directions like feathers, her beady little eyes looking in opposite directions while she cocked her head sideways to compensate and all the while drooling on everything.

I'm surprised that Hazel turned out to be fairly normal looking.

Parker has always been a little weird and she's the meanest of the quints, hitting her big sister Blayke... And it was obvious that Blayke was afraid of her because Blayke is a sweet little girl and doesn't like fighting.... Parker just stood there with a nasty scowl and her face red with anger.

Riley used to be the cute one but according to recent pics she's turning into a butter face

The twins are a little bug-eyed but their personalities seem okay

Waldo I'm Sorry to hear of your loss ❤

LOL yes! I seriously thought/sometimes still think that there is something else wrong with Hazel.. She has always been the weird looking one, but there have been so many scenes where she just sits there with a blank expression on her face, sometimes mid-bite of food, and she just stays like that for a few seconds with food hanging out of her mouth, eyes darting back and forth. What's up with that? She seems to be progressing quite well intelligence-wise, but there's just something so off about her. It's hard to say anything though, because apparently everyone loves Hazel the most, and god forbid you raise a point about her not being the perfect little princess everyone thinks she is. She's got quite the temper too, sometimes. Maybe not as often as the other ones, but I've noticed her turning more subtly violent than the others. The fork stabbing, the pinching, etc. If they keep ignoring this and blaming the other ones, they're in for a nasty surprise one day.

Parker used to be my favorite after Riley (Riley still is because she defies A&D so much and is smarter than they are). Now she's at the very bottom of my list. I feel like I keep harping on it, but that girl is unemotional. Something is seriously wrong with her mentally. Yes, she COULD grow out of it. But it doesn't seem like she's just a little more afraid of trying new things than the others. She's scared of her own damn shadow. She couldn't even run out of the house with her sisters when they did the fire drill. She waited until Adam picked her up and carried her outside. She couldn't even say what color birthday cake she wanted! Tell her to tell the nice lady what she wants, otherwise she's not going to have a cake like her sisters. It might be scary, but I guarantee if they keep letting her freak out and speak for her, she will never learn to speak for herself. Not answering questions during a test (it's not even a test. It's "what color is this" with zero audience) should result in telling her she won't be able to go to the next class with her sisters if she can't answer the questions. Isn't part of the assessment to find out if they're emotionally ready to move up? How is she going to react if the teacher calls on her to answer a question and the rest of the class is present? She doesn't seem ready to me...

• Love 6

I think Parker does have stage fright for the cameras, so maybe some parents should stop filming every second of their lives, and expecting the kids to perform like trained seals.   I think Parker and the rest have found out that if they misbehave, or refuse to do things A & D want them to, that they get extra attention.   

• Love 8

I agree, I think they could really use a Supernanny visit and Danielle and Adam need to put an end to the show and move on. I wonder if any of the girls have expressed interest in dressing in their own styles yet. They are going on six, will be in first grade next year and are still dressed in the same coordinated outfits most of the time. I actually think Parker is the most mature deep down, I feel for her because she's clearly an introspective kid and does NOT enjoy having cameras on her, she's also learned how to get attention when she wants it but she's come a very long way from a year ago imo. I think some people forget they are little girls and not everything they do needs to be picked at. 

• Love 8

There's no chance Adam and Danielle will give up the show. They like the lifestyle with all the trips and other perks, and they don't appear to want to work regular jobs. Sorry, kids. Like the Gosselin children, you will perform for your supper, whatever the cost. 

• Love 10

Yes, they will never give up filming.   They make so much with the clothing sponsors, and others they film commercials for, and post on their social media, and will never give up one penny of sponsor money.     Remember the entire cycle studio fake story line?   They were never partners, but paid to shill for the company. 

If they were smart D & A would have banked every penny, paid the house and cars off, and started college funds for the kids.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

So true. I guess we have enough evidence to prove that's a fact. There seriously will come a time though when ratings will certainly go down, because no one is going to be interested in whiney, bratty 7 or 8 year olds. It was a cute, novel concept when they were babies and toddlers, but at this point they're just run of the mill shitty kids. Who would want to unwind after a day of work and their own children?

2 hours ago, se0307 said:

So true. I guess we have enough evidence to prove that's a fact. There seriously will come a time though when ratings will certainly go down, because no one is going to be interested in whiney, bratty 7 or 8 year olds. It was a cute, novel concept when they were babies and toddlers, but at this point they're just run of the mill shitty kids. Who would want to unwind after a day of work and their own children?

TYou're right, the girls aren’t as little and cute anymore and with shows like Sweet Home Sextuplets, Doubling Down With the Derricos, etc they are not very interesting or unique and TLC has shown they can easily be replaced. Then again the absolute train wreck that was K+8 had a long 10 year run so it is possible we could see them grow into teenagers. I feel bad for the girls.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, overtherainbow said:

TYou're right, the girls aren’t as little and cute anymore and with shows like Sweet Home Sextuplets, Doubling Down With the Derricos, etc they are not very interesting or unique and TLC has shown they can easily be replaced. Then again the absolute train wreck that was K+8 had a long 10 year run so it is possible we could see them grow into teenagers. I feel bad for the girls.

Except if we're lucky, maybe they learned their lesson from K+8. Though if they have viewers, they still won't care how damaging it could be to the kids.

• Love 1

I also just watched S7 E1 an got a good laugh out of Riley saying "Parker makes a sour face. RUDE! I don't like when she does that." Damn if your 4 year old sister says that, you know there's a problem. I can't see this kid making it very far in life with her attitude. Because that's the thing.. she's not just scared of everything, she's mean. Has it been brought up here or considered that she might be autistic, or at least on the spectrum? I  don't mean to rip on a kid that actually has problems, but I honestly think A&D need to take this more seriously. Whether it's anxiety, depression, autism, or straight up sociopathy, the earlier they get her into treatment, the better for her. I'm not saying medicate her into oblivion (I don't think that's necessary or appropriate for a child that young), but I have a psychology background, and I really think she could benefit from some behavioral or cognitive therapy. At that age, it's absolutely possible to at least teach social habits and see success. Obviously if it's something more serious, they won't be able to cure her, but the girl needs to learn some coping skills and be taught right from wrong, appropriate vs unappropriate. 

• Love 1
On 6/17/2020 at 8:58 AM, winsomeone said:

Mimi saved the day by taking the out of control kids inside until they rested and calmed down. Wouldn't you think the mother of six would have thought to do that? Danielle is too selfish to put the needs of her daughters first.

I just watched this episode again. Why didn't the damn parents just say "no you're going skiing over there with your sisters, and we're skiing over here with the adults. No excuses just do it." Let's think about how much a day lift ticket costs. Then add lessons. Then multiply it by 15. No F****kn way they should have let those kids (led by whiney, snotty Hazel) whine their way out of it. Drives me insane. I feel like I'm hate watching at this point 😂

• Love 1
On 11/12/2020 at 10:01 AM, se0307 said:

I also just watched S7 E1 an got a good laugh out of Riley saying "Parker makes a sour face. RUDE! I don't like when she does that." Damn if your 4 year old sister says that, you know there's a problem. I can't see this kid making it very far in life with her attitude. Because that's the thing.. she's not just scared of everything, she's mean. Has it been brought up here or considered that she might be autistic, or at least on the spectrum? I  don't mean to rip on a kid that actually has problems, but I honestly think A&D need to take this more seriously. Whether it's anxiety, depression, autism, or straight up sociopathy, the earlier they get her into treatment, the better for her. I'm not saying medicate her into oblivion (I don't think that's necessary or appropriate for a child that young), but I have a psychology background, and I really think she could benefit from some behavioral or cognitive therapy. At that age, it's absolutely possible to at least teach social habits and see success. Obviously if it's something more serious, they won't be able to cure her, but the girl needs to learn some coping skills and be taught right from wrong, appropriate vs unappropriate. 

To be fair Riley is the meanest and selfish out of all the quints. I can remember A and D joking about it since toddlerhood. I've seen so many clips of Riley taking toys right out of one of the quint's hands and refuse to give it back and other clips where Riley outrights starts a physical altercation. I'm sure the other four have done this at some point themselves but not to the extent of Riley, which is why I think her sisters don't like her very much. With that said, she did invade Parker's space with the camera crew right behind her. I think it's clear at this point that Parker does not enjoy the camera. Maybe she blamed Riley for lunging the camera crew to her and that's why the sour face. But being shy and pissed that your space is invaded in one of the very few places that typically isn't, I can imagine can be upsetting. Throwing a bitch face while she process her thoughts seems like a proper response no? I don't think she on the spectrum. She clearly has anxiety issues and this anxiety is being processed by a four year old child, so when I see others posters say that she got serious behaivour issues it just makes me feel so bad for her. When a camera crew came to film once, she ran to hide under her bed. That's heartbreaking. When she doesn't answer a stranger's question, she goes silent and doesn't speak. These things aren't done out of malice, it's her anxiety. You need to remember she is a child with severe shyness and anxiety dealing with stressful situations. She does not yet have the tools to properly cope and the hiding/going silent A.K.A. avoidance IS an appropriate response from a small child with anxiety. Children, especially four year olds are not self aware and when it comes to anxiety all they know is they get scared and instincts kicking in saying to evade.

• Love 11
On 11/13/2020 at 9:21 AM, se0307 said:

I just watched this episode again. Why didn't the damn parents just say "no you're going skiing over there with your sisters, and we're skiing over here with the adults. No excuses just do it." Let's think about how much a day lift ticket costs. Then add lessons. Then multiply it by 15. No F****kn way they should have let those kids (led by whiney, snotty Hazel) whine their way out of it. Drives me insane. I feel like I'm hate watching at this point 😂

I don't blame the quints for having enough. Snow sucks and when you don't deal with snow often it gets miserable. I remeber being 11 when I first ever saw snow and even though I was properly dressed after some time playing in it, I came back home bawling my eyes out. Its cold and wet and eventually it just hurts. A and D definitely should of brought a nanny with them like they usually do and took them back to the house or give the girls more breaks to get inside somewhere and warm up. The ski lessons weren't necessary for the quints at all. I honestly can't believe they thought that was gonna go smoothly.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm sure the ski trip had at least one nanny along, if not two.    They have full time help, and always have. 

You're probably right , I just don't undertand why it was Mimi that had to be the one to step up and take care of the quints during this.

3 hours ago, etta said:

You're probably right , I just don't undertand why it was Mimi that had to be the one to step up and take care of the quints during this.

To give her some screen time most likely.  Keep in mind this show as most like it are totally scripted.

• Love 3
On 12/3/2020 at 5:08 AM, etta said:

To be fair Riley is the meanest and selfish out of all the quints. I can remember A and D joking about it since toddlerhood. I've seen so many clips of Riley taking toys right out of one of the quint's hands and refuse to give it back and other clips where Riley outrights starts a physical altercation. I'm sure the other four have done this at some point themselves but not to the extent of Riley, which is why I think her sisters don't like her very much. With that said, she did invade Parker's space with the camera crew right behind her. I think it's clear at this point that Parker does not enjoy the camera. Maybe she blamed Riley for lunging the camera crew to her and that's why the sour face. But being shy and pissed that your space is invaded in one of the very few places that typically isn't, I can imagine can be upsetting. Throwing a bitch face while she process her thoughts seems like a proper response no? I don't think she on the spectrum. She clearly has anxiety issues and this anxiety is being processed by a four year old child, so when I see others posters say that she got serious behaivour issues it just makes me feel so bad for her. When a camera crew came to film once, she ran to hide under her bed. That's heartbreaking. When she doesn't answer a stranger's question, she goes silent and doesn't speak. These things aren't done out of malice, it's her anxiety. You need to remember she is a child with severe shyness and anxiety dealing with stressful situations. She does not yet have the tools to properly cope and the hiding/going silent A.K.A. avoidance IS an appropriate response from a small child with anxiety. Children, especially four year olds are not self aware and when it comes to anxiety all they know is they get scared and instincts kicking in saying to evade.

I definitely agree with you on the shyness & anxiety. I studied child psychology, so I'm not altogether uninformed, but the things you say about Riley can also be chalked up to her being a child, can't it? I would imagine a two year old constantly being berated rather than applauded (Let's think about all of the things she had accomplished already in her very young years that never got recognized...) the way they do with Hazel and Parker. I mean, come on. I realize Hazel has an eye condition, but all things considered, they have 5 very healthy quints. Riley surpassed her age expectation (She's in a class with 5-6 year olds when she is only THREE) and got very little recognition - they only thought about holding her back because "what about the other four??". Well, if it's acceptable for Parker to behave the way she does, why is it not also understood that Riley is acting out in the only way she's learned how to, since she's only a child? Children are sponges, and don't you think Riley hears and understands when A&D say "yayyyy Hazel Basil!!" and "Riley is the bad one" all the time? I do get what you're saying, but it does swing both ways, ESPECIALLY when you have a gifted child involved. She's much more likely to pick up on the differences in treatment than the others do. Why would she understand that Parker constantly crying to Adams (and being coddled) is any different than her acting out, if that's the only way she gets attention?

• Love 8
On 12/3/2020 at 5:22 AM, etta said:

I don't blame the quints for having enough. Snow sucks and when you don't deal with snow often it gets miserable. I remeber being 11 when I first ever saw snow and even though I was properly dressed after some time playing in it, I came back home bawling my eyes out. Its cold and wet and eventually it just hurts. A and D definitely should of brought a nanny with them like they usually do and took them back to the house or give the girls more breaks to get inside somewhere and warm up. The ski lessons weren't necessary for the quints at all. I honestly can't believe they thought that was gonna go smoothly.

Sure, but then why bother spending all that money to take them and a dozen chaperones on that vacation in the first place? I've lived in the northeast my whole life, so I know how cold and wet snow is. It has the tendency to be. But..... They knew that going into it. I realize not everyone is used to it, but then why the hell go on that vacation? A&D couldn't stop talking about how excited they were to go skiing, and then they're interrupted by their whiney children 5 minutes into it. The point is not so much if they liked the snow or not, the point is that those parents are incapable of telling their kids to knock it off and deal with it for half an hour. They're 4 years old. They go to daycare without their parents. Tell them to stop whining and take the ski lessons or else they won't get any candy (for the 7th time that day). How the hell else are they supposed to learn to deal with life? Skiing is an expensive vacation for many people, so instead of just saying "awww they're cold!" why not explain to them how lucky they are to be doing this, and that many children will never have the chance to take a trip like this. Also, the point of those outfits that they spent a small fortune on and that they'll literally never wear again, is to wear in the snow!!!! Suck it up, they didn't mind tubing, did they? It just doesn't make sense that they would bother taking the trip and taking all of these people if a bunch of children are going to ruin it for everyone. They literally can't handle doing anything that they don't want to, and THAT is the issue. 

Edited by se0307
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, se0307 said:

I definitely agree with you on the shyness & anxiety. I studied child psychology, so I'm not altogether uninformed, but the things you say about Riley can also be chalked up to her being a child, can't it? I would imagine a two year old constantly being berated rather than applauded (Let's think about all of the things she had accomplished already in her very young years that never got recognized...) the way they do with Hazel and Parker. I mean, come on. I realize Hazel has an eye condition, but all things considered, they have 5 very healthy quints. Riley surpassed her age expectation (She's in a class with 5-6 year olds when she is only THREE) and got very little recognition - they only thought about holding her back because "what about the other four??". Well, if it's acceptable for Parker to behave the way she does, why is it not also understood that Riley is acting out in the only way she's learned how to, since she's only a child? Children are sponges, and don't you think Riley hears and understands when A&D say "yayyyy Hazel Basil!!" and "Riley is the bad one" all the time? I do get what you're saying, but it does swing both ways, ESPECIALLY when you have a gifted child involved. She's much more likely to pick up on the differences in treatment than the others do. Why would she understand that Parker constantly crying to Adams (and being coddled) is any different than her acting out, if that's the only way she gets attention?

The thing with this being a reality show is we don't know much what goes on outside of the cameras. I personally never saw Riley as constantly being berated rather then appluaded. I always felt like the praise was mostly equal between the three of them, apart from if the plot points of the episode centers around Parker's anxiety and Hazel's eye condition. Right now thats probably the most "drama" they have in their lives about the kids themselves so they obviously milk it. But they did recognize Riley's intelligence and her moving up in classes. That was a plot point in the show and I imagine will continue to be. She's not some girl without praise. I mean Riley does get in trouble more often but she is praised in a lot of ways. She appears pretty often on their instagram and I remember Adam dotting on her quite a bit while she was a toddler. She gets more confessionals than any of the other quints. Ava and Olivia are almost never main points of the show, and Adam himself explained that they are too active for the camera. But even so they aren't acting out the way Riley has over the possibilty of Parker or Hazel or even Riley getting more attention. I also don't see how Parker's behavior and Riley's behavior are connected really. I understand Parker's anixety leads to her having more attention in some ways, but Parker isn't bullying the other quints the way Riley has done and she has been doing this even before Parker's anxiety was recognized. I honestly feel like if Parker didn't have anxiety or Hazel didn't have the eye condition, Riley would for the most part remain the same. In the end we truly don't know how much any attention they get or if Riley's behavior is because of that. Their youtube and Instagram are a lot more different from the show and appears much more equal. Also, Riley was 3 when she moved up to Pre-K and that usually consists of 4-5 year olds and then was 4 when she did kindergarten (or the private school's version of kindergarten since shes retaking it again). She defiintely was not 2 years younger than her peers.

My opinion is that the producers spend the money on these excursions, with a lot being paid by the resorts for the publicity, and that everything is being done for the filming.      I doubt anyone (except us) care if the kids have fun or not, and if they actually like going on trips, because it's all about the money the show brings in.  

Spoiler

From the Busby's instagram postings, they took a Gulf boat excursion, no masks, and kids had no life jackets (Adam said there were life jackets on board-not legal according to Texas law, two weeks of beach vacation while their kitchen was being remodeled, and the staircase redone, and then at least a week RV trip with the entire family, all were filmed.     This was after the ski trip, which was about the time of the Texas lockdown.   They also went to Oklahoma for another trip too.  

I think the people on here care if the kids have fun, but I don't think the network or production company are worried about anything but the show viewing numbers. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My opinion is that the producers spend the money on these excursions, with a lot being paid by the resorts for the publicity, and that everything is being done for the filming.      I doubt anyone (except us) care if the kids have fun or not, and if they actually like going on trips, because it's all about the money the show brings in.  

I think the people on here care if the kids have fun, but I don't think the network or production company are worried about anything but the show viewing numbers. 

And, worse than the network and production company not caring, their parents don't care either.

• Love 3

So my friend watches this show (a lot more often than I do, admittedly) and grew up in a very large family – she was one of seven, and a twin. They were pretty poor and she mentions a big trip to Disney world when she was around 11 as being the only vacation she remembers taking with the whole family, all squished in one car for an 18 hour drive straight through because they couldn’t afford plane tickets or to stay in a hotel for the night and wanted to make the most of it.

The thing that especially annoys her is how many lavish vacations they take, all the fun opportunities they get, the massive house with endless toys and entertainment, etc that she never got. She thinks the Busbys are insanely spoiled. I told her that may be true but there’s no way they would be where they are in life were it not for the show and to be glad your parents didn’t film so much of your early childhood because no doubt, they are going to have issues later on in life and aren’t going to get everything handed to them on a silver platter for the rest of their lives. 

• Love 3
On 12/8/2020 at 5:58 AM, etta said:

The thing with this being a reality show is we don't know much what goes on outside of the cameras. I personally never saw Riley as constantly being berated rather then appluaded. I always felt like the praise was mostly equal between the three of them, apart from if the plot points of the episode centers around Parker's anxiety and Hazel's eye condition. Right now thats probably the most "drama" they have in their lives about the kids themselves so they obviously milk it. But they did recognize Riley's intelligence and her moving up in classes. That was a plot point in the show and I imagine will continue to be. She's not some girl without praise. I mean Riley does get in trouble more often but she is praised in a lot of ways. She appears pretty often on their instagram and I remember Adam dotting on her quite a bit while she was a toddler. She gets more confessionals than any of the other quints. Ava and Olivia are almost never main points of the show, and Adam himself explained that they are too active for the camera. But even so they aren't acting out the way Riley has over the possibilty of Parker or Hazel or even Riley getting more attention. I also don't see how Parker's behavior and Riley's behavior are connected really. I understand Parker's anixety leads to her having more attention in some ways, but Parker isn't bullying the other quints the way Riley has done and she has been doing this even before Parker's anxiety was recognized. I honestly feel like if Parker didn't have anxiety or Hazel didn't have the eye condition, Riley would for the most part remain the same. In the end we truly don't know how much any attention they get or if Riley's behavior is because of that. Their youtube and Instagram are a lot more different from the show and appears much more equal. Also, Riley was 3 when she moved up to Pre-K and that usually consists of 4-5 year olds and then was 4 when she did kindergarten (or the private school's version of kindergarten since shes retaking it again). She defiintely was not 2 years younger than her peers.

She literally said in one of the side interviews with her that she was three and the other kids were 5 and 6. 

On 12/9/2020 at 3:23 PM, overtherainbow said:

So my friend watches this show (a lot more often than I do, admittedly) and grew up in a very large family – she was one of seven, and a twin. They were pretty poor and she mentions a big trip to Disney world when she was around 11 as being the only vacation she remembers taking with the whole family, all squished in one car for an 18 hour drive straight through because they couldn’t afford plane tickets or to stay in a hotel for the night and wanted to make the most of it.

The thing that especially annoys her is how many lavish vacations they take, all the fun opportunities they get, the massive house with endless toys and entertainment, etc that she never got. She thinks the Busbys are insanely spoiled. I told her that may be true but there’s no way they would be where they are in life were it not for the show and to be glad your parents didn’t film so much of your early childhood because no doubt, they are going to have issues later on in life and aren’t going to get everything handed to them on a silver platter for the rest of their lives. 

THANK YOU! That's the point I'm trying to make. And considering how many people watching were NOT able to take such ridiculous vacations, it's infuriating to see how the parents just don't care how much money they just wasted. I was very lucky growing up I had two self employed parents, so taking vacation time was not an issue, and when we would go, my parents would make it worthwhile. But you better believe we were told how lucky we are and to never take those trips for granted. We would participate in all of the activities that were planned, even if we didn't want to at first, but guess what? We learned something new, learned to enjoy it, learned f**kn rules, and learned how to be grateful and appreciative of what went into it, both effort and money. During the year, we certainly did not get brand new everything (like the Busby girls do) because we got to take awesome vacations and because we weren't spoiled rotten. As a result, I do not expect anything. I APPRECIATE things when the opportunity presents itself.

• Love 5