Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, EVS said:

I suspect Hazel learned that from Uncle Dale. 

He's someone else I would have to have private conversation with - a grown-up one since he tends to have a "potty mouth" . He's been on my list since that "jerk" calling incident with Riley . During the Easter episode, he came over only to find Hazel at the dentist . He made a comment in front of Adam and all the remaining girls - that he wouldn't have come over if he knew Hazel was not there.  That is downright mean, rude and snobbish.

I would have told him "to take his a*s back home". he really didn't serve a purpose for coming over anyway. Not sure what Adam called him for. Adam was doing just fine pouring a bottle of glue on top of a balloon, and subsequently wrapped string around it to make an Easter basket.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, readheaded said:

Maybe it's because I have 3 boys, but I don't find it all that weird.  

Beaux's fate with the Busbys will probably depend on whether he can generate any income.

speaking of Beaux - is it really true puppies fall asleep while they are being held? and stay asleep, so you can lay them in their bed ?  Those scenes are the cutest... seeing his little eyes closed..

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, sATL said:

speaking of Beaux - is it really true puppies fall asleep while they are being held? and stay asleep, so you can lay them in their bed ?  Those scenes are the cutest... seeing his little eyes closed..

I don't know much about dogs, but my mom's dachshund puppy could be held and rocked to sleep like an infant and then put in her crate.  It was adorable.

• Love 5
On 10/19/2019 at 11:23 PM, justdoit10 said:

Hazel asked Parker to smell her butt.  What a weird little kid.

That's crazy normal!  Let the potty humor begin.  At least with girls, they usually grow out of it in a couple of years.  I just came home from a Cub Scout camp-out, and those boys (6 to 10 year olds) have definitely not outgrown the potty humor phase.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

Why are all five of the girls wearing the same thing? They're not clones. And I think both parents need to read up a bit on where four year olds are developmentally. They're expecting to much with this ridiculously non-specific "quiet time". 

More than either of those two things: how creepy is that they have cameras set full time in the bedrooms of children??!?

• Love 4

I thought Ava got a 60 and Lulu got a 64 on the last test . On this episode the teacher said they both scored in the 40's on the last test. 

image.thumb.png.29940da230ff54c27e34a3213cdb9726.png

image.thumb.png.b5034fb22cbf656093cd90bfdb7d10dc.png

Edited by druzy
  • Useful 1

I think a couple of the girls did score in the 40's last time, which is apparently the normal score.     If Parker is shy (I hope I have the right name), then stop sticking the freaking camera in her face all of the time.  

They're going to dress the quints in identical clothing as long as someone pays them to do that, and supplies clothes.      Could the Red Baron plug be any more obvious?     

Dale has said Hazel was the first quint he held, and at least she gets some one on one attention from someone.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

They're going to dress the quints in identical clothing as long as someone pays them to do that, and supplies clothes.      Could the Red Baron plug be any more obvious?     

Danielle practically shoved the front of that pizza box in front of the camera. 

• Love 4

It is so obvious that the girls are repeating "lines" in many of the TH. I'm sure Adam is filming them himself and this allows him, Danielle, the nanny, etc. to tell them what to say. TLC could care less as it saves them production costs if he does it and it allows the Busby's to manipulate the girls even more, in an effort to keep them 'cute' for the cameras.

Instead, the parents should focus on is the girls, at times, feral behavior. They aren't cute at all when they whine, scream, hit one another and talk back. Danielle and Adam will play hell keeping them in line tomorrow when they have trouble doing so today. I don't find sassy behavior appealing in children! There were school and neighborhood friends of our children who weren't invited to our home. If you don't have proper manners and are entitled in your dealings with adults or peers, you won't darken the doorway of our home. We enjoyed watching rambunctious, energetic, loud, non-stop playing and laughing from our children's friends but back talking and demanding behavior would result in no future invitations being extended to them and their invitations were turned down for our children. It isn't the child's fault but we didn't want our children's behavior influenced by them. Whether these girls poor behavior is played up for the cameras or because of the cameras, it isn't benefiting the children either way. 

Danielle and Adam often use words and phrases incorrectly and the social media posts I see posted here often have errors. For example, Danielle explained the name CADi to Adam and his response was that it's seen as a negative word. I had to think long and hard about what he meant...CATTY. Easy there, 15 Watt.

I've seen mention of the nanny here in passing. Is she new to the scene or has she been with them for some time?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

It is so obvious that the girls are repeating "lines" in many of the TH. I'm sure Adam is filming them himself and this allows him, Danielle, the nanny, etc. to tell them what to say. TLC could care less as it saves them production costs if he does it and it allows the Busby's to manipulate the girls even more, in an effort to keep them 'cute' for the cameras.

Instead, the parents should focus on is the girls, at times, feral behavior. They aren't cute at all when they whine, scream, hit one another and talk back. Danielle and Adam will play hell keeping them in line tomorrow when they have trouble doing so today. I don't find sassy behavior appealing in children! There were school and neighborhood friends of our children who weren't invited to our home. If you don't have proper manners and are entitled in your dealings with adults or peers, you won't darken the doorway of our home. We enjoyed watching rambunctious, energetic, loud, non-stop playing and laughing from our children's friends but back talking and demanding behavior would result in no future invitations being extended to them and their invitations were turned down for our children. It isn't the child's fault but we didn't want our children's behavior influenced by them. Whether these girls poor behavior is played up for the cameras or because of the cameras, it isn't benefiting the children either way. 

Danielle and Adam often use words and phrases incorrectly and the social media posts I see posted here often have errors. For example, Danielle explained the name CADi to Adam and his response was that it's seen as a negative word. I had to think long and hard about what he meant...CATTY. Easy there, 15 Watt.

I've seen mention of the nanny here in passing. Is she new to the scene or has she been with them for some time?

Nanny has been there since they came home from the NICU. WHy is it weird to have cameras focused on the kids bedrooms 24 hrs a day. They are filming a TV show and some of their best or worst footage comes from those cameras. Whats is reallyweird is putting your entire screwed up family on International TV to pay the bills instead of not downloading 5 kids at one time.  They had better do something about Parker quick or she will be a mess for a long time to come. They will be making fun of her while she cries all day. She's gonna be a mess. She is scared of everything, has absolutely no personality. Is Violent. Her beating on Blayke on 10-23s episode is proof. Shes screaminng I want to unbuckle the bottom buckle as she freaks out hitting Blayke. She has a mean fire in her eye.

Violent and Crazy. Not a good combination. Sounds like a life of incareration to me. I guess they all cant be Angels. Somebody has to be the Loser of the family. Going through life scared of everything is no way to live. Parker needs to get it together.

• Love 1

Let me start (IE I will be back later 🙂 ) by asking two questions..

1. Why do the quints need to be physically in the same room with the music lessons?  I've been though at least one decade of music lessons.with a few intruments..different teachers..locations... they are held normally in another room - just teacher and student. There is a waiting area for the "entourage". I'm even wondering why can't that 1/2 hr, they go elsewhere - park, library, another store, outside etc. Just don't get why they need to be underfoot.

2. Randy - the head preschool teacher... and the end of year testings... Great the girls progressed . Did she actually imply that when Riley goes to public school, with Blayke , she will always be a year ahead - regardless of age? Which means she will be in Kindergarten (known as K5 in some circles) when she is barely 4. Has that changed? I thought public school first  criteria (well only) for grade  placement until about 2nd grade was age. I  also don't like that the actual  daily teacher is not present at the conference.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4

Adam and Danielle are ruining these kids lives for all the world to see and observe. I know that there is no manual or handbook for raising good kids let alone 5 at one time, but one thing I can say is that they are failing in a Big way. These kids are rude, nasty towards adults, show no repsect to adults, violent, the crying and whining is out of control. I dont care how well Riley does on her tests. Being book smart does nothing for their ability to interact with othe people. I know they hav 6 girls in that house but why have we never seen them playing with other kids and Their cousins dont count. 4 years and no sign of friends of any kind, or a sleepover. They dont know how to act is probably why we have never seen them playing with other kids. And next weeks episode where They are riding horses, and everyone appears to be having a great time and then there red faced Parker crying her eyes out. What is wrong with her? what kind of girl crys like that when they have a chance to ride a horse and Adam needs to stop letting her cling all over him. She needs to show a little independence and Adam needs to help her with that and put her on the ground when she is trying to hug him and is hanging all over him, and Hazel freaking out as Danielle carries her away from the table with her legs flailing in the air. My sister used to pull that BS with my mom and she would just let her crashing to the floor. that kind of activity ended real quick.

Edited by Waldopepper
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, sATL said:

1. Why do the quints need to be physically in the same room with the music lessons?  I've been though at least one decade of music lessons.with a few intruments..different teachers..locations... they are held normally in another room - just teacher and student. There is a waiting area for the "entourage". I'm even wondering why can't that 1/2 hr, they go elsewhere - park, library, another store, outside etc. Just don't get why they need to be underfoot.

I am going with for TV.  Showing all five quints together keeps reinforcing that there are indeed five of them.  Having them all in the room increases the chance for shenanigans.  So much of their seemingly poor behavior is prompted.  Unfortunately they would not have as large of an audience if the girls were always perfect.  The only hook the show has is the quints, unlike some other large family shows. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

I think both parents need to read up a bit on where four year olds are developmentally. They're expecting to much with this ridiculously non-specific "quiet time".

That's what many parents do as they transition their children from taking a nap everyday to no nap at all.  My kids showed very clear signs (like only needing 7 hours of sleep at night) that they were ready to drop their naps, and they both did this before they were 4 years old.  So there was no need for this transition.  But I know many moms who had to prepare their kids for no naps in kindergarten and used "quiet time" as a way to transition them.

14 hours ago, druzy said:

I thought Ava got a 60 and Lulu got a 64 on the last test . On this episode the teacher said they both scored in the 40's on the last test.

I don't remember specifics, but they each took 2 or 3 different tests and she was telling them the scores for each test.  So you might be recalling different tests.

If only there existed a storefront academy that tests parental competency. Then, Parker could take her parents (with the camera crew) to have them evaluated on national television regarding their abilities as parents, making sure their scores are discussed on camera while comparing them to the scores of other parents in their own families who scored much higher. 

Adam and Danielle would get a failing score in competency to put their child's needs before their own, and would pass with flying colors in competency to exploit their child for money and fame. 

Edited by Miss February
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17

I'm tired of hearing the bickering about "the schedule" and "going out of town".

Danielle starting the "business" (her words , not mine) sounds like she did it more out of spite than for income, or self-esteem/self-improvement reasons. 

Adam, who proclaimed use to work for a company, knows fully well meetings are scheduled ahead of time. Open up outlook, find a room that is big enough to hold everyone and schedule a date/time that re-occurs from x-date to y-date. Done. Or be like most working people - come to a meeting the day you are told to.

BTW: schedules can be changed...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 8

RE: Parker -

Didn't she draw a "P" on the bathroom wall when they 1st moved in the house ?

It is possible that she is having vision issues - ie needs glasses correction for 20/20 ? I kinda felt like she could see certain items clearly, and other's she couldn't. I wished the teacher used capital letters, or moved the card closer.

All this school discussion is for the  Fall 2019, right? which means the answer to "who is in which class" drama is on SM probably..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I am going with for TV.  Showing all five quints together keeps reinforcing that there are indeed five of them.  Having them all in the room increases the chance for shenanigans.  So much of their seemingly poor behavior is prompted.  Unfortunately they would not have as large of an audience if the girls were always perfect.  The only hook the show has is the quints, unlike some other large family shows. 

I'm not sure the girls being well behaved would affect ratings negatively. In fact, it might bring viewers in, or back if they left because their ears bled. 

I think it would be a breath of fresh air, in reality tv world, to see a large, young family with well mannered children. Hell, it would be nice to see the parents just trying to correct their behavior. I recognize your valid point that there would be less 'shock' factor to it but I'm not sure that their target audience is watching because they want to be appalled by the girls behavior and the parent's laissez faire attitudes. From what I've read here, most of us watch to see 'how they do it' with a large brood. Right now, they are doing it haphazardly on their best days. Can you imagine if Danielle and Adam helped bring back some of the 'learning' that TLC was founded on? The parental fame-whores could enjoy the spotlight themselves even more, a la Jon and Kate back in the day, and give their children a break from the cameras. They could earn additional money from speaking engagements, the books they'd 'write,' and the interviews they'd give.  

Randi showed, once again, her lack of professionalism last night. No educator worth a grain of salt would have a discussion about upcoming testing, the importance of such, and the decisions that must be made following in front of the children. Talk about creating anxiety in all of them, not just Parker. I know they wanted it on film but damn, send the kids to class first. Randi and the Busbys, et al have 'serious' grownup conversations within earshot of the children entirely too much. There is no reason for it. The girls don't need to be in every. single. frame. 

Did anyone else notice Parker's face last night when she sat down in the van after Adam ushered them to the car? She turned toward the window, where there is a mounted camera, and the poor child gave a death stare, sighed in exasperation, and turned sharply in the other direction. Her face was beet red! I don't know if she was upset by something else and she didn't want the camera to capture her or if she was upset at the camera itself but either way, I felt so very sorry for her. I noticed Parker upset at an earlier point in the show, when the girls were marched into school for Randi's testing announcement. Her arms were crossed and she glared at the camera. As so many of you repeatedly point out, this child needs to be away from the camera, period. How Adam and Danielle can, in good conscience, continue to subject her to filming is beyond me. 

Also, these girls are too damn old to pick their noses and eat it as often as they do. They all do it and it's now just as routine to see that as it is seeing them walking, talking and whining. At their age, there is no reason whatsoever they shouldn't know better. 

• Love 13
46 minutes ago, sATL said:

RE: Parker -

Didn't she draw a "P" on the bathroom wall when they 1st moved in the house ?

It is possible that she is having vision issues - ie needs glasses correction for 20/20 ? I kinda felt like she could see certain items clearly, and other's she couldn't. I wished the teacher used capital letters.

It’s normal to confuse b,d,p, and q at their ages. The way it was explained to me (a long time ago) was that it is not just because they look similar. It also has to do with object permanence. Take your cell phone and rotate it. It’s still a cell phone. Flip it upside down. It’s still a cell phone. But do the same thing to the letter ‘b’ and it changes completely. Capital letters definitely would have helped since they look very different. 

I honestly don’t understand the emphasis on testing, especially on flash card testing, at this age. Maybe things have changed since my kids were that young, but I thought it was odd. Also, I cringed every time the woman doing the testing said, “you’re so smart” to one of the quints. I thought she should have told them they did a great job instead.

Edited by EVS
Punctuation
  • Love 12
20 minutes ago, HahYallDoin said:

I'm not sure the girls being well behaved would affect ratings negatively. In fact, it might bring viewers in, or back if they left because their ears bled. 

I think it would be a breath of fresh air, in reality tv world, to see a large, young family with well mannered children. Hell, it would be nice to see the parents just trying to correct their behavior. I recognize your valid point that there would be less 'shock' factor to it but I'm not sure that their target audience is watching because they want to be appalled by the girls behavior and the parent's laissez faire attitudes. From what I've read here, most of us watch to see 'how they do it' with a large brood. Right now, they are doing it haphazardly on their best days. Can you imagine if Danielle and Adam helped bring back some of the 'learning' that TLC was founded on? The parental fame-whores could enjoy the spotlight themselves even more, a la Jon and Kate back in the day, and give their children a break from the cameras. They could earn additional money from speaking engagements, the books they'd 'write,' and the interviews they'd give.  

Randi showed, once again, her lack of professionalism last night. No educator worth a grain of salt would have a discussion about upcoming testing, the importance of such, and the decisions that must be made following in front of the children. Talk about creating anxiety in all of them, not just Parker. I know they wanted it on film but damn, send the kids to class first. Randi and the Busbys, et al have 'serious' grownup conversations within earshot of the children entirely too much. There is no reason for it. The girls don't need to be in every. single. frame. 

Did anyone else notice Parker's face last night when she sat down in the van after Adam ushered them to the car? She turned toward the window, where there is a mounted camera, and the poor child gave a death stare, sighed in exasperation, and turned sharply in the other direction. Her face was beet red! I don't know if she was upset by something else and she didn't want the camera to capture her or if she was upset at the camera itself but either way, I felt so very sorry for her. I noticed Parker upset at an earlier point in the show, when the girls were marched into school for Randi's testing announcement. Her arms were crossed and she glared at the camera. As so many of you repeatedly point out, this child needs to be away from the camera, period. How Adam and Danielle can, in good conscience, continue to subject her to filming is beyond me. 

Also, these girls are too damn old to pick their noses and eat it as often as they do. They all do it and it's now just as routine to see that as it is seeing them walking, talking and whining. At their age, there is no reason whatsoever they shouldn't know better. 

Regarding the bolded:  When they took Parker to the OT, the OT made a comment about doing things that pushed Parker out of her comfort zone. It bothered me at the time. I felt like it was said to justify Adam and Danielle forcing her to continue filming. I’m not a psychologist, but the child seems so unhappy, I don’t see how filming her could be in her best interest. 

Edited by EVS
Clarity/grammar
  • Love 12

While I’m complaining, why is the school so focused on grouping preschoolers by ability?  Children learn at different rates. I think it would be premature to move Riley up an actual academic grade. I had a child that was much more advanced than Riley at the same age. Yet by fifth grade, most of the other kids had caught up and he was an average high school student at best. Meanwhile, my child that was a little slower in the beginning, like Parker, ended up an honors high school and college student. My 2 cents: Get Riley some enrichment activities and get Parker some extra help if necessary and let them relax and enjoy school for now. ( I do think they need to do more to help Parker with her anxiety though.)

• Love 12
39 minutes ago, sATL said:

It is possible that she is having vision issues - ie needs glasses correction for 20/20 ? I kinda felt like she could see certain items clearly, and other's she couldn't. I wished the teacher used capital letters, or moved the card closer

That's what I was thinking when she said an "i" was a "1." Being able to recognize colors and shapes doesn't take the same visual acuity as identifying letters and numbers.

Edited by eel21788
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

I think it would be a breath of fresh air, in reality tv world, to see a large, young family with well mannered children. 

A big family being unnaturally well behaved? You mean the paedophile cult aka the Duggers?  

As for nose picking this is interesting https://childrensmd.org/uncategorized/its-ok-for-your-child-to-pick-his-nose-really/

• Love 5
9 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

The other thing for me is that Danielle and Adam keep talking about how much harder it is now that they’re 4.  I don’t know about anyone else, but with all 3 of mine (who are very different people), age 4 was a huge sigh of relief.  They’re more able to talk and reason; sleep better; can generally dress, feed, and toilet themselves; can buckle themselves in the car; like to be silly; etc. This is when parents start to get past the worst of the sleep-deprived baby years and before the really heavy emotional adolescent years start.  I understand there are 5 of them, but it should probably be getting easier for them in general, not harder.  

• Love 14
15 hours ago, Miss February said:

If only there existed a storefront academy that tests parental competency. Then, Parker could take her parents (with the camera crew) to have them evaluated on national television regarding their abilities as parents, making sure their scores are discussed on camera while comparing them to the scores of other parents in their own families who scored much higher. 

Adam and Danielle would get a failing score in competency to put their child's needs before their own, and would pass with flying colors in competency to exploit their child for money and fame. 

Don't forget that if Adam or Danielle pick their nose and eat it during the evaluation, there should be lots of camera shots of that, for maximum humiliation at some point in the future!

• Love 5
17 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

13 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

A big family being unnaturally well behaved? You mean the paedophile cult aka the Duggers?  

As for nose picking this is interesting https://childrensmd.org/uncategorized/its-ok-for-your-child-to-pick-his-nose-really/

I have brought up the nose picking a few times.  I know there are things that small kids do but it is up to parents to teach what is and is not socially acceptable.  I read the above article and this is basically what it's saying... do it in private.   I have never seen the parents prompt the kids to go grab a tissue,  to wash their hands or say 'if you need to pick your nose and eat it,  go into the bathroom.' It's probably going to take other kids teasing them to get them to stop.  There  are just some things you don't do in front of other people.  Picking your nose and eating it is one of those things. 

By no means am I wanting to see these kids being like the Duggars,  but when there are 6 kids within the same age range,  there has to be order.  A chore wheel is just a very small start.  The uncle is no help,  he's just like having an additional child.  I like listening to the girls having fun and chattering.  I love seeing their smiles.   Hazel seems to be growing into her face, which I figured would happen as she got a bit older.  If you look at her in the family picture at the beginning of the show,  she has a beautiful smile.   When she was doing the video for Mother's Day,  her little voice was adorable,  she seems to be the only one with a Texas drawl.  

• Love 6

Like my 99 year old grandmother just said after watching several episodes of Outdaughtered. She said they act like out of control animals, and if she was raising those out of control girls they would be picking their own switches and she would whip their asses until they begin to act like 4 year old girls. And she commented on how Hazel and Parker need extra ass whoopins. Friggin Parker is getting out of the van and say she wants to unbuckle the bottom buckle and when Blayke unbuckles it Parker gets her trademark mean as hell look and starts hitting Blayke. Totally unacceptable and she would be dragged out of that van for an instant ass whoopin. Hazel pitching her fits and when Danielle picks her up shes starts kicking her legs Grandma said that 3 or her 4 kids would act the same way if they were being carried to their bedroom. She said they solved that problem very easily. As soon as they started kick she let go of them which was a 2 to foot drop to the floor. Problem solved. They cant believe you let them go and the kicking has stopped and no one is hurt. Just a look of I cant believe she dropped me. I know I did the same 20 years ago and I remember it working like a charm. If I am carrying an out of control kid and they want to start kicking they will be told once to stop kicking, the next kick and they are on the floor. And it is called disciline. something that is severely lacking in the Busby house.

• Love 3

The way these girls hit each other just blows me away. Wait until they are in school fulltime and Riley or Parker hits the wrong girl and gets their ass beat in elementary school. I do vaguely remember hitting one of my sisters around that age and my Mom hit me so hard in the back of the head that I saw stars and guess what I never touched my sister again. Once they learn that Actions have Consequences they are not so quick to act like a fool. A violent fool at that.

Something that the Busbys have not yet learned.

• Love 2
On 10/21/2019 at 8:09 AM, Ziggy said:

That's crazy normal!  Let the potty humor begin.  At least with girls, they usually grow out of it in a couple of years.  I just came home from a Cub Scout camp-out, and those boys (6 to 10 year olds) have definitely not outgrown the potty humor phase.

I have a 16 yr old boy and he has not grown out of it! LOL.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I am upset that danielle hits her dog, that's cruel and I think she punishes him cause Adam got it and she didn't want it.  She is just mean.  And my guess is someone is abusing Parker too, don't know who, they say they have a nanny too we never see, but someone is.  She has that look of an abused child.

I think just sticking a camera in Parker's face 24/7, including the show filming, and the numerous commercials, and all of the videos, is bad enough for the other girls.   However,  Parker obviously doesn't want to be a performer, not singing in the school performances, or on the other public events the kids are forced to do, let alone having a camera stuck in her face constantly. 

If they want Parker to stop hiding, then stop chasing her with the cameras.   If she gets anxious for the school testing, then sticking a camera in her face isn't helping.         

My understanding from reading about other reality shows, that the parents are the stars, and are paid, some others may be paid also, but the kids are minors, so they don't get paid.   It may be because the minors can't sign a contract.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 13

Anxiety is tough for children. I was shy and fearful as a child. I was an only child so I didn't have the sibling chaos. The cameras may be making it worse for her.  Colin Gosselin comes to mind as a reality TV child who had issues and who wasn't treated well until his father stepped in. The world is scary enough to an anxious child without TV cameras around. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15

Why are they still carrying and holding the girls off of their hip? 

Mine were too heavy (or I was too weak) to do that by 4... which meant if they were sleepy, we had a problem.

I know D & A work out but the girls have to be getting heavy - I think it was 2 weeks ago -Danielle was carrying 2 of them up the stairs..

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Waldopepper said:

Like my 99 year old grandmother just said after watching several episodes of Outdaughtered. She said they act like out of control animals, and if she was raising those out of control girls they would be picking their own switches and she would whip their asses until they begin to act like 4 year old girls. 

Great way to teach children not to hit. By hitting them. Seriously?!?!

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
15 hours ago, readheaded said:

The other thing for me is that Danielle and Adam keep talking about how much harder it is now that they’re 4.  I don’t know about anyone else, but with all 3 of mine (who are very different people), age 4 was a huge sigh of relief.  They’re more able to talk and reason; sleep better; can generally dress, feed, and toilet themselves; can buckle themselves in the car; like to be silly; etc. This is when parents start to get past the worst of the sleep-deprived baby years and before the really heavy emotional adolescent years start.  I understand there are 5 of them, but it should probably be getting easier for them in general, not harder.  

I'm only a parent of one, but I found age four to be the most difficult. We more or less breezed through the "terrible twos," and three wasn't bad. Then my sweet angel turned four and went half demon on me! My mom said I was the same. I've heard a few other moms mention age four as the hardest as well. It was when my daughter really wanted to be independent, and finding the balance of what she could and couldn't do got tough. 

Though I will say my kid wasn't having tantrums and crying half the day away like the quints do. Good lord. I haven't been watching as regularly, and the last episode highlights why. Whatever they're doing is.not.working. Full stop.

I do not condone hitting them. That's not going to help in the least; they already have enough aggression toward one another and it's not affective for anyone who doesn't believe in parenting through fear. They should really look into positive parenting and logical consequences. Praise them when they're well-behaved. Over and over and over again. Kids crave parental attention. If they only get it when they're having a tantrum, they'll keep having tantrums.

Look at Riley. She glows when someone bothers to praise her. Her whole demeanor changes. That's all it takes. It's more effort and it's easy to forget, but it damned well works with little kids. 

With something like the speaker and microphone they were fighting over, set a timer for X minutes. Make a mark where the volume must stay under. If a kid takes it away from another or turns it up past the mark, that kid doesn't get to play. Give them clear expectations and logical consequences. They clearly need that structure, as any group of small children would. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Grrarrggh said:

Great way to teach children not to hit. By hitting them. Seriously?!?!

Yes, it has worked like a champ worldwide for centuries now. My Mom whipped all 5 of our asses from time to time when we deserved it and no one ever felt abused and all 5 of us have turned out to be nice, successful people who know how to show respect and how to treat others nicely. I spanked my kids on the butt when they were not acting appropriately and they all know they were wrong and it got their attention and almost every time it fixed the problem. The Busbys need to do something. They gave up on timeout and they dont spank the kids. At least not on camera.. There needs to be some kind of punishment when these kids act up. Doing notheing and letting them run the show is not an option. They are not doing these girls any favors raising them with no consequences for their actions. We know that Danielle likes to Beat the dog. She needs to leave the dog alone and move onto the kids.

Prisons are full of people who had no rules or boundaries until the government stepped in and showed them that there are rules that must be followed. these girls are going to be a mess and boy is it going to be great TV. These girls will be in and out of trouble. A few DUIs. Lots of fighting. Total disrespect for their parents. 

Outdaughtered; the Busby girls from 10-15. The Out of Control Years.

Olivia and Eva will be married by 19 years old with Parker in and out of Mental facities all over Texas where she keeps getting thrown out for fighting and violent tendencies. My cousin Tracie was exactly like her growing up and is 45 now and has never worked a day in her life and is just a total mess full of meds and a Lump on the couch watching Springer and Cheaters all day.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Squirrely said:

I'm only a parent of one, but I found age four to be the most difficult. We more or less breezed through the "terrible twos," and three wasn't bad. Then my sweet angel turned four and went half demon on me! My mom said I was the same. I've heard a few other moms mention age four as the hardest as well. It was when my daughter really wanted to be independent, and finding the balance of what she could and couldn't do got tough. 

Though I will say my kid wasn't having tantrums and crying half the day away like the quints do. Good lord. I haven't been watching as regularly, and the last episode highlights why. Whatever they're doing is.not.working. Full stop.

I do not condone hitting them. That's not going to help in the least; they already have enough aggression toward one another and it's not affective for anyone who doesn't believe in parenting through fear. They should really look into positive parenting and logical consequences. Praise them when they're well-behaved. Over and over and over again. Kids crave parental attention. If they only get it when they're having a tantrum, they'll keep having tantrums.

Look at Riley. She glows when someone bothers to praise her. Her whole demeanor changes. That's all it takes. It's more effort and it's easy to forget, but it damned well works with little kids. 

With something like the speaker and microphone they were fighting over, set a timer for X minutes. Make a mark where the volume must stay under. If a kid takes it away from another or turns it up past the mark, that kid doesn't get to play. Give them clear expectations and logical consequences. They clearly need that structure, as any group of small children would. 

I had to laugh my ass off when i got to the last paragraph about the microphone. This is the entire problem. They dont listen and taking the mike just gets them screaming more.

You leave the kids at home and do not take them to their sisters guitar lesson. Totally disrespectful to Blayke and the music store.And Riley glowing when she gets praise. How about when she picks on Hazel all day and sets her up to get in trouble since Danielle thinks its Hazel acting up and not Riley. She is extermely nasty, Manipulative and a shifty little girl.

You are not getting the entire picture only watching a few of the several dozen episodes. My sister and I sat down and watched every episode in two sittings and boy are these girls a mess. The hitting, screaming, fighting, biting, Lying and just general BAD behavior. ANd to try and compare your experience with one pain in the ass kid is not even close to the same as dealing with 6 kids and 5 of them the same age.

I dont know how the Busbys do it. I think they live one of the most miserable lives you could have. And they say we wouldnt change it for the world. What a bunch of BS that is. Its a totally horrible way to live in my opinion. 5 unappreciative pain in the ass kids just sucking the life out of you one day at a time. If he wouldnt be labeled the worst father of the year. I think Adam would like nothing more than to get in his truck and just drive drive drive and never come back, but that wouldnt fly with the rest of the Family.

9 hours ago, Waldopepper said:

Yes, it has worked like a champ worldwide for centuries now. My Mom whipped all 5 of our asses from time to time when we deserved it and no one ever felt abused and all 5 of us have turned out to be nice, successful people who know how to show respect and how to treat others nicely. I spanked my kids on the butt when they were not acting appropriately and they all know they were wrong and it got their attention and almost every time it fixed the problem. The Busbys need to do something. They gave up on timeout and they dont spank the kids. At least not on camera.. There needs to be some kind of punishment when these kids act up. Doing notheing and letting them run the show is not an option. They are not doing these girls any favors raising them with no consequences for their actions. We know that Danielle likes to Beat the dog. She needs to leave the dog alone and move onto the kids.

Prisons are full of people who had no rules or boundaries until the government stepped in and showed them that there are rules that must be followed. these girls are going to be a mess and boy is it going to be great TV. These girls will be in and out of trouble. A few DUIs. Lots of fighting. Total disrespect for their parents. 

Outdaughtered; the Busby girls from 10-15. The Out of Control Years.

Olivia and Eva will be married by 19 years old with Parker in and out of Mental facities all over Texas where she keeps getting thrown out for fighting and violent tendencies. My cousin Tracie was exactly like her growing up and is 45 now and has never worked a day in her life and is just a total mess full of meds and a Lump on the couch watching Springer and Cheaters all day.

I wholeheartedly agree that children need discipline, but at the same time prisons are also full of people who were spanked.  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Squirrely said:

Obviously every child is different, but you hit on what I was referring to as what should be getting easier now that the quints are 4-they shouldn’t be doing with such regularity the things we’d expect from 2 or 3 year olds like crying, screaming, tantruming, and hitting.  God knows parenting is hard at any and every age, with some ages and stages being harder than others depending on the kid! 

• Love 3
On 10/12/2019 at 1:25 PM, Waldopepper said:

That poor Hazel just looks so ROUGH She looks way more like a boy than a girl and the other 4 girls all look like they belong. ... I try not to use this term but Hazel is just plain BUTT UGLY. I did see on some reality site where they had the Top 10 Absolute most Butt Ugly kids on Reality TV. I know Hazel was in the Top 3 but I can remember if it was 2nd or 3rd and who won. My mom said Hazel looks like a mini trucker and she cries and Whines way too much and dorsnt defend herself when her sisters pick on her. She will just let Riley take stuff from her and all sh does ispout and slam her hands down and then they crying that wont stop. I would have to trade her and Parker in.

13 hours ago, Waldopepper said:

Yes, it has worked like a champ worldwide for centuries now. My Mom whipped all 5 of our asses from time to time when we deserved it and no one ever felt abused and all 5 of us have turned out to be nice, successful people who know how to show respect and how to treat others nicely. ... 

Yes, I'm convinced.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:44 PM, ellenr33 said:

Am I the only one a little weirded out by Uncle Dale's obsession with Hazel? 

I honestly don't think he's obsessed with Hazel.  Fans of the show glommed on to the fact that Dale mentioned, in season one, that Hazel happened to be the first quint he held after they were born.  He said he had a special connection with her (and it shows) because of that BUT never insinuated that he loved her any more than the other girls.  Again, many FANS hoisted that banner and ran with it and even named them "Dazel".   So, my guess is that Dale has gone along with the exaggerated "Dazel Story", while filming, with the family's approval.   

Edited by tinderbox
  • Love 6

Did anyone notice that Adam and Danielle wear Yeezy sneakers? I wonder how much they get paid each season. The quints and Blayke get paid too, hopefully their money is put into their own individual trusts.

• Love 2

I think it was the 2nd season ( the one where they invested in the cycle biz) where financial planner quoted a multi-million dollar figure to send the 6 girls to college.

I wonder if all of this "smart" girl and school talks is to attempt to get sponsors ( ie $$) for private school for grades k-12.

Not that its any of my business - but how is Blayke doing in school? 

• Love 2

another thought - wouldn't some of their school troubles be solved if they sent the girls to a school that had more than one class per grade , Mon - Fri ?

Granted no  place will have 5 classes - but all of the talk about moving this one here, can't move that one, who is joining who, what will the others do if this one is doing that ??

• Love 2
On 10/23/2019 at 6:09 AM, sATL said:

2. Randy - the head preschool teacher... and the end of year testings... Great the girls progressed . Did she actually imply that when Riley goes to public school, with Blayke , she will always be a year ahead - regardless of age? Which means she will be in Kindergarten (known as K5 in some circles) when she is barely 4. Has that changed? I thought public school first  criteria (well only) for grade  placement until about 2nd grade was age. I  also don't like that the actual  daily teacher is not present at the conference.

Depends on the state, really, but grade level is not solely determined by age.  For example, my brother skipped kindergarten and started first grade when he was 5.  He is also a June birthday so he had recently turned 5 by the time he started first grade.  He, like Riley, tested well. The fact that he was reading books in PreK was a big factor for my mom to send him from PreK to first grade.

We've been told Riley is academically ready.  Danielle and Adam will have to decide if Riley can handle the social aspect of being younger than her classmates if they send her ahead.  Anything could happen, really, but it's not just based on age.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 10/25/2019 at 4:02 PM, druzy said:

Did anyone notice that Adam and Danielle wear Yeezy sneakers? I wonder how much they get paid each season. The quints and Blayke get paid too, hopefully their money is put into their own individual trusts.

Individual Trusts. Now that's funny. Yeah also known as Adams Camera crap fund and Danielles Makeup fund. They aint saving a damn thing for those kids.

• Love 9