Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

On 9/13/2019 at 4:34 PM, Honey said:

Suicide is selfish.  His poor wife now has to pick up the pieces, and raise those 2 boys by herself.

A suicidal person thinks that everyone in their life will be better off if they are dead.  They aren't thinking about it in a selfish way at all.

• Love 18
On 9/9/2019 at 9:05 PM, Honey said:

Judging by her grammar, I think Danielle should have repeated a grade in school.

In addition, Danielle should be able to spell her daughter’s name the oh so kreative way she and Adam chose 🙄 It’s Blayke, Danielle, not Blake. 

On 8/21/2019 at 9:15 AM, druzy said:

Attaching the post where she misspelled the name incorrectly. 

• LOL 6
On 9/13/2019 at 4:34 PM, Honey said:

Suicide is selfish.  His poor wife now has to pick up the pieces, and raise those 2 boys by herself.

I understand this sentiment but disagree. Suicide is done out of complete desperation by someone who is experiencing seemingly intolerable pain and torment, who has no hope, who believes others will be better off without him or her.  

I was crushed to hear about Adam’s friend. That must have been quite a shock for Adam and Danielle. 

Edited by Lukeysboat
Typo
  • Love 18
22 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The show returns tonight with a two hour premiere.   I hope they dial back the angst over everything, and Danielle and Adam stop sniping at each other. 

from the looks of some of the previews that's not gonna happen, she tells him she's about to say the "F" word.....it appears he tells her she's not doing a good job with the house..could be editing 🤷‍♀️

I watched the episode on the TLC app, as it's already available there, and although there is some editing that makes the promo misleading in places, the parts where Adam and Danielle are sniping are not the result of editing. Suffice to say, I'm on Team Danielle here, but I would still rather watch the kids than this hot relationship mess. Thankfully, the parts with the kids are worth the watch, but this episode did not need to exceed an hour. To avoid spoilers, I won't post more specific stuff until the episode airs for real.

Edited by freebie
  • Love 1

I think Danielle and Adam's fights are part of the storyline. 

Spoiler

Danielle and Adam are fighting because Adam has to go to his fake new job in Houston and Danielle is upset because she has to take care of the Quints and bring the dog to the vet by herself.

Edited by druzy
Spoiler

Actually, it's really confusing, but they live in League City (south of Houston), and Adam's fake new 'job' is in Dallas.         I imagine tonight or soon we'll have Mimi say the 'rental' owners will only sell, so they'll sell a house on the market for $750K or so, for $550K or so.   Of course, the damage the Busbys and their kids did to that house probably would have cost them many thousands to correct anyway.     I wonder if the flooding in that area affected any of the family?  I read where places that didn't flood in Hurricane Harvey were hit this time.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 3

That scene at the mini-Golf place where the girls were going right to the yucky pond showed who is in charge in that house.   For all of the yelling, and rules, the girls really don't have any boundaries.     Adam is such a jerk to get a puppy for the kids.   He won't be doing the work, and having a little puppy around that pool, and spa is dangerous.  

• Love 8

Gah! I hope that school had the sense to assign a student in that class to be like Riley 's buddy, a girl (probably) that is sensitive and nurturing to kind of show her the ropes and kind of be there for her.

Gosh, Riley really is incredibly articulate!

Edited by seasons
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

from the looks of some of the previews that's not gonna happen, she tells him she's about to say the "F" word.....it appears he tells her she's not doing a good job with the house..could be editing 🤷‍♀️

I think I would be using some juicy words too. How does Adam think anyway ? He wants to bring in a dog in this spoiled brat mess ? Danielle will do the feeding and training. Adam is not even incapable of putting a out of control child In a time out. Anytime one of these kids screams bloody murder about nothing both parents go OHHHHH RI RI OR OHHHHH HAZEL WHAT IS WRONG ? Then Adam says when we have 6 melt downs tomorrow then you can deal with it. Say what ???????? Because they didnt get a dog there would be 6 meltdowns ? The melt down is Adam. Hes the biggest problem. I am going to have to pass on watching this for a while.

• Love 9

Sounds like their busiest most stressful time of the year is the girls b'days, really??? Heaven forbid Adam would schedule his once a month trip then and not to mention Hazel is getting new glasses around that time too!  How on earth will they manage?

I wish they never found out how super intelligent Riley is because I don't think we will hear the end of that. Was that based on a play school aptitude test?

I call bull on the amount of time the birthday party will take to put together.     They already have the cakes ordered, get the plates, cups, etc. in one trip, and get the rest of the food from the grocery store, or deli, and that's all.     Or call a company that caters, lots of places do kid friendly catering, and money never seems to be an issue with these people, so just get the pros to do it.    

If Adam hadn't asked every kid about getting a puppy, then they wouldn't be disappointed if he wouldn't have bought one.   I hope he at least went to a good breeder, who has quality puppies.   However, many people wouldn't sell a puppy to a house with so many little kids, so I'm wondering who did?   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I call bull on the amount of time the birthday party will take to put together.     They already have the cakes ordered, get the plates, cups, etc. in one trip, and get the rest of the food from the grocery store, or deli, and that's all.     Or call a company that caters, lots of places do kid friendly catering, and money never seems to be an issue with these people, so just get the pros to do it.    

Or order a bunch of pizza and get some juice boxes.  

• Love 11

There are so many sponsors, I bet that someone would cater it from a pizza company or someone else that wants publicity.   There is no reason to have 100 person birthday parties either.    Invite the family, and a few friends for the little girls, and Blayke for her party, and have a lot more fun.    

So Mr. Passive-Aggressive gets a puppy that his wife, and everyone else will take care of.   And what genius puts a tiny puppy on the living room carpet?   Great idea by the way, getting a short nosed breed in hot, humid Houston.   I hope someone mentioned that French Bulldogs and pools don't mix.  

Who takes six kids to take the puppy to the vet?    They must have closed except for the filming, because otherwise the kids would drive the other patients, and their owners right out of there.   And there is no way the little ones wouldn't be up in every animal in the waiting room's face.   

Mean note to Mimi, her daughter owns a hair salon, so get your roots done. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

Please - they can afford help for day to day stuff so Adam can work. Please. Like someone said earlier, what about military families and others with large families that manage while at least one parent works?!? This is too contrived.

• Love 6

Sorry, I'm getting  too involved tonight. Those girls are more than old enough to clean up the mess they made in the bathroom. If it was them and not the producers. No tv is fine but they need to learn to at least help clean up.

tapping out.

• Love 7

I bet it's like last season's coloring on the walls, way higher than the girls could reach in the closet and bathroom.    Shenanigans again.  

A food aggressive dog around six kids that are always running around with food in their hands, and never listen to any discipline, is a recipe for disaster.   Why didn't the fool Adam get an adult dog, already house trained, and one that won't get hurt when the girls fight over him?  

What a selfish little weasel Adam is.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
On 8/19/2019 at 11:11 AM, MissT said:

All the girls are beautiful, but I think Hazel totally stands out as the prettiest.  JMO of course.  Blayke looks very grown up. 

I think they're all cute but Parker stands out for me.

• Love 1

Adam brings home a puppy on the their most stressful day of the year and when they have a houseful of people to deal with......not to mention he knew Danielle didn't want one now.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jaynesworld said:

I think I would be using some juicy words too. How does Adam think anyway ? He wants to bring in a dog in this spoiled brat mess ? Danielle will do the feeding and training. Adam is not even incapable of putting a out of control child In a time out. Anytime one of these kids screams bloody murder about nothing both parents go OHHHHH RI RI OR OHHHHH HAZEL WHAT IS WRONG ? Then Adam says when we have 6 melt downs tomorrow then you can deal with it. Say what ???????? Because they didnt get a dog there would be 6 meltdowns ? The melt down is Adam. Hes the biggest problem. I am going to have to pass on watching this for a while.

The girls aren't even completely potty trained - they're four!  Good grief Busby's get a grip.

• Love 5

Good thing I follow this family on Instagram otherwise I wouldn't have known that the new season premiered tonight!

According to the closed captioning, the dog's name is spelled Beaux. Shouldn't it just be Beau? I mean, there's only one dog.

Nighttime potty training one little girl is tough enough. Training five at a time is a huge challenge. I cut the parents some slack holding off until the girls turned four and it seemed like the girls were ready.

All the added drama is completely unnecessary. I think most viewers tune in just to see the reality of raising so many little kids, not staged fights between the parents.

Riley is such a pretty child and I hope that when she grows up she's not like the pretty girls in my AP classes who thought they were all that and a bag of chips because they were smart and beautiful.

The worst thing about watching this show on TLC is having to watch all the previews for TLC's other stupid shows. I see Clown Car and Jim Boob are still counting on.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mmecorday said:

According to the closed captioning, the dog's name is spelled Beaux. Shouldn't it just be Beau? I mean, there's only one dog.

I assume it’s Danielle’s nod to her Louisiana roots. It’s tradition that LSU teams always cheer “Geaux” instead of “Go”. So maybe instead of “Bo”, she went with “Beaux”. I don’t know, just a guess. 

Those screaming girls and Adam’s vacant stare...it’s just not cute. At all. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, seasons said:

Please tell me the school owner didn't come into the room like that and put Riley on the spot in front of everyone. Not a fan of their philosophies.

I don't get moving Riley at the end of the school year. Too much of an age/learning difference of the current children who will be going to K5/1st in the fall. The move should have happened in the fall when the new K5 class begins.

And on that note - what is supposed to happen when Riley matriculates out of the current school and Danielle wants them to same school as Blayke (who is a couple of years from aging to middle school) and the other quints ? Will Riley able to maintain staying in the higher grade, or will she have to test to make sure she is a year ahead ?

Why can't the quints (all of them) go to school all 5 days a week? that would make life easier on everyone. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4

What is really going on with Danielle and Adam ? 

Danielle acts like she needs Adam home more than she did when the quints were little babies. I don't get what for exactly . I wonder has she asked another friend who has a large family (granted its not quints) how they cope day to day. His work trips need to be coordinated with the household schedule ? The only way that would make a little sense is to Adam to say something like "I will be gone the 2nd Monday and Tuesday of each month" - starting months from now.

Sidenote#1  - I am just about ready to call bullsh*t on this new job/company. What firm is that flexible and gives 2cents about the family of a brand new employee? First the offer is to come to dallas, then come to dallas for meetings, then the meetings move around birthday parties. If I was that mgr, I would be sorting through resumes .. " thank U , next..."...

I think Danielle needs to go to work or back to work (what was her profession again?) b/c she seems like she is aging backwards, at times. I guess being around a bunch of 4yrs will do that.

Adam had the nerve to walk into the house, full of guests and the "six kids" (so he couldn't get yelled at) with a puppy after the adult discussion b/w them about not getting a puppy? To quote Uncle Dale - "that's a dead man walking".

Sidenote #2: I take it the breed of the puppy is normally very friendly with children, right ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

Parker and Hazel.. these two have me worried but I guess time will tell.

What 4 yr wouldn't go a little cray-cray picking out from a book (which I am sure is full of the latest cartoon figure) and/or eating cake samples when its their birthday? Or even started that whine about "can we go now ", pulling and running to the door- so they can go someplace else. Parker sat, moved a little, and said nothing like she was at a  church funeral. 

Sidenote: what age do the schools do that exercise having the children at least respond to what is their full name, their parents name, maybe address/sibling's names to be able to answer a questions in case of emergency? Would Parker be able to state her full name when asked by someone she does not know?

Hazel's eyes - she couldn't see the pictures on the wall and up close ? And she wasn't too vocal either - as if she didn't want to say the wrong answer.  If it was the setting of the office and a new technician, then maybe give the test at school/home noting the results.  I think she is pretty vocal in the regular pediatrician's office.

I wonder did Adam and Danielle choose Parker to go to the eye appt : (1) see if Parker would give Hazel the answers like Riley did or (2) see if Parker wouldn't say something - which checks Parker's progress after the OT visit.

I thought it was cute for Parker to raise/lower the patient chair with Hazel in it. 

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

So,  the girls got up in the middle of the night to "tee-tee" and destroyed the bathroom. Are we to believe they actually were running water & tore the shower curtain down, with a metal rod at that,  and no one heard this in the middle of the night. Even if the parents bedroom is downstairs,  a sound like that in the middle of the night would radiate through the whole house. Then,  when talking with the kids,  they say 'you know who has to clean that up.', kids reply "yes,  mama."  Ummmm,  no,  you kids..

She leaves the brand new little puppy downstairs alone while she puts the kids to bed and is surprised the puppy poopies inside.  The little girl with the glasses, when asked if the puppy is bad,  she replies "yes,  because Mommy spanks him."  That upset me,  only thing you'll teach a puppy by hitting it is to become aggressive and fear you.  Ohhhh, surprise, the puppy is showing aggression.

How did Danielle survive before the husband quit his job?  She can't even survive one day.  

These people are really grating.   She complains non stop and he just stares blankly. 

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 13
8 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Good thing I follow this family on Instagram otherwise I wouldn't have known that the new season premiered tonight!

Nighttime potty training one little girl is tough enough. Training five at a time is a huge challenge. I cut the parents some slack holding off until the girls turned four and it seemed like the girls were ready.

All the added drama is completely unnecessary. I think most viewers tune in just to see the reality of raising so many little kids, not staged fights between the parents.

Riley is such a pretty child and I hope that when she grows up she's not like the pretty girls in my AP classes who thought they were all that and a bag of chips because they were smart and beautiful.

The worst thing about watching this show on TLC is having to watch all the previews for TLC's other stupid shows. I see Clown Car and Jim Boob are still counting on.

Given that Danielle and Adam find a way to make her out to be the bad seed at every opportunity, I don’t think she’ll have  an over-inflated sense of herself.  Even last night when they discovered the mess in the bathroom, Adam said that Riley had to be the ring leader of the destruction.  I’m sick of them.  (Full disclosure, I didn’t watch the entire show, I turned on TLC for noise as I was falling asleep and happened to hear that bit.)

• Love 9

That nasty  nasty woman spanked that sweet little puppy until he is now aggressive?  She needs to take her out of control kids to a training school, not that little puppy. Didn't she just have a "career" at that cycle shop? And at that time she sold make up of some sort at home too? These women kill me. They have a child or two, and nothing will do but they have at least "one more." Then they have multiples by choice..won't reduce..and then, suddenly, they don't want to be stay at home moms, but need to work outside of the home? She is just high school educated, maybe once the kids are all in school next year, she needs to go back to school herself?

• Love 12
4 hours ago, sATL said:

I thought it was cute for Parker to raise/lower the patient chair with Hazel in it. 

I guess I am a mean parent as I hate when kids goof off with things they shouldn’t touch. What if she broke it would the Busby’s pay for it? At medical offices here you aren’t supposed to touch that stuff and the doctor would have mentioned it if she came in the room.

They let the kids goof off a lot and ignore a lot of bad behaviour. For example, in another episode when the kids went into Adam’s office. That happened because they let it, it is a pretty easy behaviour to stop by locking the door and disciplining the girls that came in.

ETA we are reaching the point in time where the poor parenting now shows so I will probably tire of the show. When the kids were young there isn’t that much you can do, babies are overwhelming but the kids are 4. I know a family with lots of kids that they had almost back to back so they have 6 kids under 7 and their kids behave pretty well. Sure it isn’t 5 at the exact same age but having a bunch 1 year apart must not be easy.

Edited by fountain
  • Love 12

On the next episode they bring the quints to visit the old house.

Hazel: Where's the pool in the old house? 

Danielle: We don't have a pool in the old house.

Later that day at the new house

Danielle: Adam, Hazel asked where's the pool in the old house. The quints like this new house and they need and want something like this. 

I wonder if they consult with Hazel for any other financial decisions. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2

Also, I really can't see that Riley is that advanced? She is right where my 4 year old grand kids were. I wouldn't advance her a grade level, as she is so far behind socially and behavior wise, that she will need extra years to catch up to her peers.

• Love 5

When we got our puppy i actually did a little bit of research on how to train him at home. just the basics. One thing I read is to touch the puppy's food and move it around a bit in the bowl  to get him to used to it and decrease the chance of food aggression. I am lazy but did at least some basics. No one thought to do any thing to help the puppy adjust or basic training? The dog may have a similar situation as the girls in a seeming lack of proactive discipline.

also, the vet just happens to have dog training next door? How convenient for the vet.

Edited by seasons
  • Love 8

I don't understand..the puppy tried to bite the vet's helper and the vet himself. Where was there food involved? I thought the man just tried to pick the pup up and he got s****** and tried to bite. When he was hiding after pooping, I knew right then that he had been punished harshly for doing that by someone. Then the one girl said mommy spanked him when he was bad. He seemed out of control at home, but then, no more so than the girls?

• Love 9

Hold up..I missed something..who spanked the puppy? The only growling I remember was in the vet office,  during shots...I thought the dr/assistant gave puppy treats to deflect the puppy mind of off the shots..

• Love 1

I recorded it, but haven't watched it yet and not sure if I want to. They sound even more insufferable than the last time they were on, which was when? Last month or two?  Their heads are just getting so big.  Plus, I wouldn't doubt some of Parkers problems are the chaos in the home.  Minimal discipline, parents off on vacation every few months, camera crew in and out, shooting storylines that aren't actual things happening.  It's probably too much for her little introverted self.  

• Love 7
11 hours ago, mmecorday said:

Yeah..tlc obsession with labor, birth & babies has passed to the next generation of kid-adults...a few times over...just read an article about how many expected grands in the next year..

And I think TLC is starting to get an obsession about furnerals..not only in filming but in commercials...I could have sworn the network went from the happy go-lucky quints to a commercial showing pallbearers carrying a casket...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3