Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Their YouTube content is just as edited as the show itself.  It's just them doing the editing rather than TLC, so it really isn't proof positive of anything one way or the other.

There are plenty of livestream events they do that have no editing and even if it, it still shows them all together and shared time and attention. Which shows it actually exists.

I think with reality tv, people have become even more aware of editing af trickery as time goes on. Which is fine but I think also creates various narratives in the audiences minds because what they see can't be trusted.

I watch a clip like this

And I see all the kids getting time and attention but someone else will say, well Hazel was Adam's arms at one point. Favortism!

We don't see them 24/7 and I've never seen any of them act out in terms of neglect.

There are six children. Attention will always be tricky but I think the whole family does a good job of managing it all. It's always easy to direct from the outside looking in and I just don't think it's anywhere as serious as others are making it out to be.

• Love 15

Watching the video of the trip to surprise Adam's mom, I kept thinking that I hope they told his dad they were coming.  As much as you love them, having eight people show up unannounced to eat and spend the night could be a problem.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, camom said:

Watching the video of the trip to surprise Adam's mom, I kept thinking that I hope they told his dad they were coming.  As much as you love them, having eight people show up unannounced to eat and spend the night could be a problem.

I thought the same thing. Also, how did they manage to throw together a last minute trip and arrive on time when they couldn't manage it when they were planning ahead for Cajun Christmas?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, eel2178 said:

I thought the same thing. Also, how did they manage to throw together a last minute trip and arrive on time when they couldn't manage it when they were planning ahead for Cajun Christmas?

I think there whole little let's have Christmas/individual gift from kid to kid nonsense is all it took. They didnt have enough time to do all that the day of. Not with all those kids. And they still had to finish packing on the day of. They should have just worried about the trip and did the rest later. I get why they wanted to have a big Christmas morning event for themselves but they literally didn't have the time for it.

I'm glad for Mimi, and hope her new career goes well.      I'm sorry she's been flooded out three times (2 in Lake Charles, 1 in Houston), but why did she still have so much stuff to move to League City, and so much stuff in her old house if she lost a lot?    I know it's awful to lose so many personal things, but what she kept was too much furniture, knick knacks, and I'm betting school craft supplies.      I hope getting rid of almost everything helps her in the long run, and she won't start keeping stuff for a career she never will work at again.   

It might be tough to find an apartment for one person that she can afford after the flooding in Houston, so I'm betting the three sisters are splitting the rent, and utilities.     I have heard that contractors that do a decent job are still in high demand in Houston, but I'm suspecting that she's not moving back to the house anyway.   It's only 'her' house because she was living there, and it actually belongs to her daughter and son-in-law (Nick and Ashley).     I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't just another story line.    I think her new profession is a good choice with her outgoing personality, and I think with the show publicity, and hard work she can be very successful.  

I know it's silly, but I worry about Hazel and her eye issues, that can cause all types of other issues later.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama

Does anyone else think the woman in the ad for this week's show (she says that they paid a contractor who took their money) who Adam and Danielle are helping with the hurricane Harvey repairs looks familiar?  I've either seen her as an actress in a "real" commercial or she's been on another reality show.  It's making me nuts!

• Love 1
On 5/18/2016 at 8:34 AM, ghoulina said:

Personally, I have zero issues with them even asking for, hinting about help. Yes, they knew the risks of multiples, but they are where they are and there's no going back now. There was a time in our society when we were a lot more community minded. People helped each other out, without being asked. It was just what you did. When a neighbor was struggling, others picked up the slack. Now we're all so focused on our own lives, it seems the only "help" we offer is calling CPS if a kid is playing outside along, or offering unwanted advice to the breastfeeding mother in the park. 

This is from two years ago I know, but it can't be said often enough.  People today are all ME ME ME.  And we're all ready to call CPS if a kid falls or is playing outside alone, or is on the subway alone (how many times did I do that as a kid...in the "bad" 1970's nonetheless).

• Love 9

I love that their families, and their church family rallied around the Busbys.   

I also hope Mimi does really well in her real estate career, and think peopel knowing her from the TV show will boost her career.   I think she has a great personality for selling real estate, and like most junior agents, doing open houses.   Open houses are a great way to get referrals, and get listings.    I'm guessing with the flood that Houston's real estate market is booming more than ever.   

The people I find hard to understand is the Alabama sextuplets who had an older boy, twins through fertility drugs, and then had six more babies (three boys, and three girls) with fertility drugs, and I find that ludicrous.     What were they thinking?  There are so many other ways to get a little girl, and they would have been much safer for the mother, and babies.   Supposedly, the mother only used low dose fertility drugs to keep the pregnancies, not to create the babies, but this whole process was still bizarre.     The husband is very lucky he's not raising those children alone, and that the kids are as healthy as they seem.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
On 9/11/2018 at 11:59 PM, sATL said:

ChickFilA strikes again... they must have a deal with TLC.. At first I thought it was just the Duggars..

And this family loves their pancakes... 

Maybe finally with them moving into panties we can see the quints in different clothes..well at least the bottoms.

Is Pre-Menopausal symptom(s)the root cause for Mimi's issues ? She walks into a room and immediately starts talking about the temperature difference and has mood swings. Danielle starts talking about going to therapist , but I think a GYN need to be the first stop. 2nd stop- sitting down with a resource agency to help with job retooling for those who have been displaced after years into their career. Mimi needs to realize she is not first and won't be the last over the age of 50 who lost their long-term job. Real estate is great l - but I think Mimi's financials is that she needs a full-time salary check w/ benefits coming in every two weeks - without fail (unless her plan is to draw disability). I can't believe in all of the schools in the surrounding Houston systems cannot find a job for her to do. I just did a quick google and 3 of our HS need secretaries.

My TV jumped - I didn't see the end of their dinner / conversation. They sat down , Mimi was worried about her real estate test, then it went to commercial. Next scene they were getting ready for the Space center. Odd that the twin-sisters wasn't at the dinner, as I'm sure they miss Mimi and wanted to talk to her. Giver her a hug.

Poor Astronaut Man... can't get love from the quints...don't feel bad, you're not alone.... #QunitsDoNotLikeAdultsInCostumes

I agree shes in menapause i am to?

• Love 1
On 9/12/2018 at 4:03 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

The oldest daughter really does need more attention and focus. I know they did the daddy/daughter dance, but, to me, she seems really starved for time and attention.  She seems to just get overlooked for the little ones.  I do feel for her.  Such a sweet girl. I hope she doesn't carry this with her long term. The parent asked who wanted to do something and she chimed in, I DO! But, they just ignored her and tried to get the little ones on board.  I hope they realize this is not acceptable. 

Blayke is interesting to me. She didn’t get that much alone time with her parents before her siblings were born. Kind of reminds me of the oldest sister of the McCaughey (sp?) septuplets. I wonder how she feels about the situation.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The people I find hard to understand is the Alabama sextuplets who had an older boy, twins through fertility drugs, and then had six more babies (three boys, and three girls) with fertility drugs, and I find that ludicrous.     What were they thinking?  

I was hoping as outdaughted season comes to a close the Alabama family would be our new Tuesday night entertainment.  the board was started already- I think they had a sneak peak

• Love 1

This was the first episode where I found myself really getting annoyed by the parenting...or lack thereof. I'm usually the last person to judge; because parenting is hard as fuck. I can't even imagine having 5 at the same age. But it really bothered me when that little boy was pushed down at the children's museum and Danielle just handed him off and barely said a word to her kid. It didn't look like she apologized to the other mother either. 

Then they're trying to take turns with the outside toys, but when Riley won't give up her toy, they do nothing. Repeating, "It's so-and-so's turn" over and over while sitting on your butts is guaranteed to illicit zero results. Instead of going over there and making her give up the toy, they've got the poor 6-year-old wrassling with her sister. Not okay. 

I did like the final sharing segments, though. If they stay consistent, they can handle this. 

I also enjoyed seeing them rebuild the hurricane victim's home. The older boy's face, when he saw his space room, made me so happy. 

• Love 14

I'm still going crazy trying to place the mom hurricane victim.  She's been on another show.

As for the sharing, I haven't watched the whole episode yet, but I think it might help if the kids had some special things that they don't have to share.  With there just being so many of them, it probably feels overwhelming to them to think they everything they ever have might have to be shared.  It might be easier for them to let some things go to another child if they know that other things are just their own.

• Love 5

Lordy with the in-show product placement! Last week we had the plug for Xfinity Security systems, and this week, it's an in-show plug for Sonic. 

Poor Riley is REALLY getting the Collin Gosselin bad seed edit, here. I do have to admit that Hazel has the sweetest voice when she says thank you to her sister. It's not hard to see how she's the favorite of the family, AND the cameras. 

• Love 4

As a mom of triplets, I can definitely agree that sharing was a huge issue for my kids. At age 21 now, it still is.  They are extremely possessive, and territorial.  It comes with having to always fight for your spot, your toy, your place.  I never encouraged that, and tried to give them their own identity.  Whether its their own color cup, their own style, their own belongings.  At age 18 they wanted to get as far away from each other as possible and all went away to different schools.  I sympathize with Danielle on this for sure, it does not get any easier.

• Love 9

I think the flooded out homeowner just reminds me of someone, but since it's Houston it could be someone on My 600 lb Life, or Little Couple (they moved since, but filmed and lived there for years), so she could be someone that has appeared on TV in some way.    She also might be from their church, and has been shown in the background on something there, or at daycare.    I don't know if there are other shows that film there, except for Outdaughtered, but there might be.   

It was so touching to see the house rebuilding.  How sad that so many people are still living in trailers on their property, and the contractor that stole from them should be in jail.   

The homeowner's name is Brandy Sears, and she was on TV when the governor visited after the hurricane, and talked about getting rescued, and having the house flooded.    I bet that's why she looked familiar, because the TV news did a few interviews, and showed them for days.     

I think that Mimi must either be living part time with one of the daughters, because I'm guessing that she won't move back to the house that flooded.   I wouldn't be able to.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

Blayke is interesting to me. She didn’t get that much alone time with her parents before her siblings were born. Kind of reminds me of the oldest sister of the McCaughey (sp?) septuplets. I wonder how she feels about the situation.

Wasn't she four when they were born? That's twice as long as my older son had when my younger was born. Or do you mean she just didn't see much of her parents?

I hope we didn't see the entire scene where Riley knocked over the baby.  Surely Danielle apologized to the mom.    If I were that baby's mom and the mom of the kid that did that didn't say anything to me, she and I would be having a conversation.   I know kids are kids and can be rough but that was a baby not another toddler.

• Love 5
39 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Poor Riley is REALLY getting the Collin Gosselin bad seed edit, here.

Did you notice how when BOTH her parents set her up for their little lessons on sharing (even though ALL of them were shown screaming and crying at one point about not wanting to share), she passed with flying colors.  I loved that she just sat there happily and quietly after Adam and Danielle go on about how they have to keep her close to them, and observed while she had to wait last for her turn in playing with the robot.  Even Parker, who was actually whining and not wanting to share got a turn before her.  And they didn't even show it, so who knows if she actually got to play with the robot.  

And then Adam in the playroom with the cookies.  I legit thought he only had four and was going to make Riley hand them out but not get one to teach her, but not the others, a special lesson about sharing.  But once again, Riley exceeds the low expectations of her surprised parents and has no problem passing out the cookies.  

I've said it before, but it is wrong how Riley has always been labeled the "bad" one or the "difficult" one by her parents when she's really no better or worse than the rest of them.  Yeah, she wasn't wanting to share when they were outside, but ALL of them were not wanting to share.  Danielle had to call out Olivia a few times too, but no special lessons or labels for her.  Same thing with the painting.  Riley gets chastised, but they were all whining at some point and Danielle's sister had to step in and end it.  Speaking of, Krystal/Kiki has been shown to be much more firm and effective than her sister.  And I think at one point all of them were painting and Danielle was holding Riley back, again reserving punishment and the lesson for just her.  

And Adam can be so utterly useless sometimes.  When they were outside he's talking about how Danielle couldn't handle the stress of the girls fighting (emphasis from both on Riley), but he does absolutely nothing at that moment to help.   He does manage to tell Danielle he's going to be there to help, but not that second apparently.  And as previously noted, they both sit there and do nothing while the girls continue to fight.  

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, penbrat said:

I hope we didn't see the entire scene where Riley knocked over the baby.  Surely Danielle apologized to the mom.    If I were that baby's mom and the mom of the kid that did that didn't say anything to me, she and I would be having a conversation.   I know kids are kids and can be rough but that was a baby not another toddler.

Editing. Bc Danielle had one of the girls on her lap when Kiki noticed Riley pushing the baby but when Danielle got up to lift the baby there was no quint on her lap. So much of this show is editing. We are not seeing things as they truly play out.  Just like when they were playing in front of the house. Just bc we didn’t see Danielle or Adam intervene, odds are they obviously did and didn’t just let Blacks deal with her sister. It’s all editing for maximum impact and ratings.

22 minutes ago, justduckey said:

It’s all editing for maximum impact and ratings.

Respectfully disagree.  I don't believe that everything, especially when they are things that have occurred more than once, can be reduced to editing.  It could be part of who they are.  The editing shows the good and bad of their lives and parenting, but no one, on any of these types of shows, call out the editing for anything positive, only the negative.  Why (just asking rhetorically), is the good stuff supposed to be taken as truth even though it's edited as well, but the bad must not be true because of editing?  Of course the show is edited, but as the immortal Heather B. of the original "The Real World" once wisely said when it comes to editing (paraphrasing because I can't find the original quote on Google): they can't edit what you haven't already given them" or something to that effect.

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 7
On 9/11/2018 at 10:59 PM, sATL said:

ChickFilA strikes again... they must have a deal with TLC.. At first I thought it was just the Duggars..

And this family loves their pancakes... 

Maybe finally with them moving into panties we can see the quints in different clothes..well at least the bottoms.

Is Pre-Menopausal symptom(s)the root cause for Mimi's issues ? She walks into a room and immediately starts talking about the temperature difference and has mood swings. Danielle starts talking about going to therapist , but I think a GYN need to be the first stop. 2nd stop- sitting down with a resource agency to help with job retooling for those who have been displaced after years into their career. Mimi needs to realize she is not first and won't be the last over the age of 50 who lost their long-term job. Real estate is great l - but I think Mimi's financials is that she needs a full-time salary check w/ benefits coming in every two weeks - without fail (unless her plan is to draw disability). I can't believe in all of the schools in the surrounding Houston systems cannot find a job for her to do. I just did a quick google and 3 of our HS need secretaries.

My TV jumped - I didn't see the end of their dinner / conversation. They sat down , Mimi was worried about her real estate test, then it went to commercial. Next scene they were getting ready for the Space center. Odd that the twin-sisters wasn't at the dinner, as I'm sure they miss Mimi and wanted to talk to her. Giver her a hug.

Poor Astronaut Man... can't get love from the quints...don't feel bad, you're not alone.... #QunitsDoNotLikeAdultsInCostumes

I didn’t see Chick-Fil-A last night, but Danielle, Adam and Blayke were in what appeared to be an ad (trying to look like it was part of the show) for a regional drive-in burger place called Sonic.  Was strange they only ordered a few items, but the carhop brought out a huge paper bag to their vehicle?!?  Right after the Busby’s Sonic adventure with Blakye, which was purported to be her special alone time with the parents; a regular Sonic commercial was aired.  Was just a little shocked seeing the Busbys since being from the area that airs Sonic drive-in commercials, I don’t remember them using other people in their commercials.  Sonic has had the same two guys in a vehicle and recently have added the same two ladies in vehicles in their commercials.  Looks like Sonic has taken a look at Chick-fil-A’s marketing strategy.   Anyone else see the strange ad trying to look like it was part of the show last night?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Eureka said:

Wasn't she four when they were born? That's twice as long as my older son had when my younger was born. Or do you mean she just didn't see much of her parents?

I meant that she likely doesn’t have very strong memories of it just being her and her parents. That’s all. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, trimthatfat said:

I meant that she likely doesn’t have very strong memories of it just being her and her parents. That’s all. 

I was 8 years old when my only sibling - a little sister - was born, so I had/have lots of memories of alone time with my parents.  But, for better or worse, little siblings come along, and such is life. Yes, I'm sure it's harder to go from 100% of your parents' time to 1/6 or so of their time vs what I experienced, but when you're 8 and a new baby comes along, the amount of attention focused solely on you is cut by way more than 50%, to be fair.  Not only is the new baby all cute and sweet, but new babies just need more attention than an 8 year old.  And while my little sister annoyed the hell out of me, if anyone ever picked on her, he/she was facing a seriously pissed off big sis.  And, as adults, we're now best friends;  we talk/email/text all day, every day.  :-)

• Love 6
6 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't know if there are other shows that film there, except for Outdaughtered, but there might be. 

Many of the operations for 'My 600 lb. Life' are in a hospital in Houston.  I think they've branched off to somewhere off (maybe that's the excess skin show??).  But yeah, the main hospital for 600 is in Houston - for the record.

• Love 1

ok.. they helped out the family ... they were in a trailer and now back in their house..good , great, job well done.

Did they say anything as to Mini's rental home ? Is she is a trailer too ? Did the sister/hubby get ripped off from a contractor? I mean what exactly is the issue on the progress of  that repair job? Are you allowed to get your own contractor and submit the estimated-bill to the ins company?

You see the commercials that you can take pictures and upload, I think one company has drones to access the damage, I'm beginning to side with Mimi in not being back in her home (she made a comment when they got the estimate a while back).

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, penbrat said:

I was mad about that too, but I rewatched the scene a couple times to figure out what happened.  Danielle is talking to her sister (Crystal i think) and Crystal starts pointing saying, "oh, oh, oh!" Danielle turns and sees the boy fall, then picks him up.  She turns back to her sister to keep talking and in the background you can hear Crystal say "I think Riley pushed him over."  That's when Danielle turns back around and starts to discipline Riley.  I honestly think she thought the boy fell on his own and didn't realize that Riley had pushed him until her sister told her.  I'll give her a pass on this one, as she was clearly looking in the opposite direction and it looks like the boy's mom walked away right after he'd been pushed.

On another note: Would it be weird if, as an adult in my late 20s, I get a copy of that 8-year-old's space mural on my own wall?  Because that looked awesome!

Also- poor Ava.  If any of the kids' classmates start watching this show they will forever torment her for being known as the farter of the family.  This is the second week in a row that they mentioned it!

• Love 5
7 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Of course the show is edited, but as the immortal Heather B. of the original "The Real World" once wisely said when it comes to editing (paraphrasing because I can't find the original quote on Google): they can't edit what you haven't already given them" or something to that effect.

I've never agreed with Heather about this. The way things are edited absolutely can change the whole scene. It's actually frightening how easily the public can be misled.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CDC said:

Also- poor Ava.  If any of the kids' classmates start watching this show they will forever torment her for being known as the farter of the family.  This is the second week in a row that they mentioned it!

That kinda a big reason I liked that Jones Family stopped filming when their quints moved closer to school age. They didn't film potty training. I don't know if it was their decision or TLCs to stop the show. They came back a couple years later and did "the 5 turn 5". Other updates have been SM.

Even Riley being portrayed as the "mean one" and LuLu? being the "heavy twin",  will be a point of discussion with classmates that will take some time to live down. The Busbys live in a small community in that the same kids in K4, might be around all the way through middle and high school.

Kids shouldn't tease but when the shows highlight embarrassing toddler moments, that can stick with a person. Leave those moments/stories for immediate family gatherings.

I think Hurricane Harvey gave the Busbys a few more extra episodes  - prolonging their season and possibly series. Now we are back on the "6 birthdays" and Easter.. this family and their holidays..

Someone please tell me that is article mentioning the birthday them isn't true... ( link ).. Blayke chose the theme ‘Don’t be a party pooper’ because she loves the poop emoji"...

#QunitsDoNotLikeAdultsInCostumes

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

I know this is going to come out wrong, but I think they sometimes go overboard with Blayke.  I know part of it is my problem with everything being princess, princess, princess and all the makeup etc.. Blayke is a sweet little girl, but they are constantly telling her everything is.perfect and she is the best...but a when she is confronted with something new or where she is out of her perfect princess Blayke bubble she seems to cave (the fashion show meltdown, saying people will laugh if she messes up, at gymnastics, a few mistakes at gymnastics, when the lemonade stand was slow to get started she got a.little whiny, etc..) I am all for telling Blayke to do her best and be proud of her achievements, but they always push the perfect, perfect that she struggles.a.bit when things are not perfect. I know she is only 7 but the only ambition is to wear too red lipstick and be a princess. I.would love to see Blayke widen her horizons a bit and to me it seems that all she is offered is being a girlie girlie princess mom. She has more to offer and I would love to see a little encouragement in that direction.

Like I said, I know this would come out wrong, but I just want worry about what happens when you are constantly being put on a pedestal . I wish I could express this better.

• Like 1
  • Love 15

I'm thinking that this show should really wrap up and go off the air in another year. The girls are 3 now and by the time they get to kindergarten, unless the Busbys plan to homeschool, they are going to get comments/remarks by their classmates. I have to wonder if this is already happening with Blayke. I think the other show, Quints by Surprise wasn't renewed after the second season when they were about 2 1/2. Fame caused a lot of problems for the Gosselin family and most likely the parent's divorce. I'd hate to see it happen to this family. 

• Love 2

My grand daughter has done gymnastics for the past 12 years. What Blayke is doing seems more like a tumbling class? Gymnasts wear leotards, and have their hair up, even at practice.  When first learning back flips, they should be spotted too, until proficient at it, and Blayke is not yet.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, CarolMK said:

I'm thinking that this show should really wrap up and go off the air in another year. The girls are 3 now and by the time they get to kindergarten, unless the Busbys plan to homeschool, they are going to get comments/remarks by their classmates. I have to wonder if this is already happening with Blayke. I think the other show, Quints by Surprise wasn't renewed after the second season when they were about 2 1/2. Fame caused a lot of problems for the Gosselin family and most likely the parent's divorce. I'd hate to see it happen to this family. 

I agree - or at least just film a few specials (Christmas, B days, etc) a year

• Love 1

I think they’ve had a taste of the good life and want it to continue it as long as possible.  Both parents refer to themselves as “stars” of the hit show Outdaughtered on their Instagram Accounts. Adam was the only one with that reference, but I see Danielle has it on hers now.  Uncle Dale probably has it on his too.  No one can even give constructive criticism on their IG or Facebook pages without being totally reamed out by the Outdaughtered groupies who are zealots over this family.  I think Adam goes in and deletes any comments he finds negative, and if he doesn’t get to them their ass kissers will take care of it.  This is about the only place you can go and give an honest opinion of what you think.  I wonder if they traded in the van the church gave them for the new luxury van?  I feel like they should have given the van back to the church since I’m sure they probably got a big discount at the dealership, hell, TLC might have bought the van for them.  

• Love 8
10 hours ago, winsomeone said:

My grand daughter has done gymnastics for the past 12 years. What Blayke is doing seems more like a tumbling class? Gymnasts wear leotards, and have their hair up, even at practice.  When first learning back flips, they should be spotted too, until proficient at it, and Blayke is not yet.

I thought the whole gymnastics "exhibition" was different given what I heard about gymnastics levels and testing if/when you can move up. not to mention it takes time (months/weeks/days) to be ready to test. I didn't think teachers were allowed to coach and hold them to do moves - spot them yes.

I didn't really see what she learned - skill wise . Teacher is talking about cartwheels - that is something you learn in gym class (or in the back yard) and she probably could do one before she started.. I know she just started but she is 7 - seems like the evaluation was a little young/basic.

9 hours ago, penbrat said:

I agree - or at least just film a few specials (Christmas, B days, etc) a year

Ummm.....this family has had its share of holidays episodes. The only one I want to see is Cajun Christmas - mainly to see kin to Mimi

#QunitsDoNotLikeAdultsInCostumes

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
On 2018-09-03 at 10:04 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can see why Danielle spends so much time at the cycling studio.    With her executive management background she's a great choice to keep everything running smoothly, and making sure clients are happy.

I am pretty impressed that Danielle is still working on something outside of being a mom to quints. I get that filming these shows is time consuming so often it becomes a full time job so it can be tough to do things outside of that but this show is one of the only multiples ones or even family ones where people have jobs outside of being parents. I enjoy that aspect.

• Love 3

I'm probably completely off-base here, but does anyone else get a very odd vibe out of Parker?  Or am I thinking about Riley?  I can't tell who's who of the two of them.  She does seem to be the most cognitively advanced of the quints, but there is something about that child's eyes that give me the willies.  At the very least, I'm seeing "very unhappy child."  Sometimes I see "future mean girl."  At most, I'm seeing more.  And yes, I admit, the words "future psychopath" have entered my mind more than once.  I know that kids have personalities; I came into the world screaming, I pretty much screamed nonstop for four years, and was the biggest fussbudget in the world as a child.  But am I nuts here?  Or is there something wrong there?

Edited by brilliantbreakfast
  • Love 3
On 8/30/2018 at 1:27 AM, SabineElisabeth said:

About her eye condition?  Or something about her physical/cognitive/social development?  I don't have kids, and all 6 of theirs are adorable to me, but I'm far from an expert on when kids should be hitting milestones and things like that, so curious as to your observations, if you don't mind to share/expound.  The main things I notice about her is that she seems pretty content, easy-going (except she does startle easier than the others, poor thing!), and is a little sweetheart.

That's so odd.  To me, she is the one who is always crying about something or another.  When I step away from the TV and a baby starts blatting, I always know it's going to be hazel.....again.

• Love 1
On 9/6/2018 at 6:40 PM, EVS said:

I agree with this, but I think Riley is the one Dale is supposedly afraid of.  Riley is the one that looks the most like Danielle and Blayke, IMO, and throws temper tantrums. I think she is the one who hit Dale that one time. Parker is the stoic quint who likes to escape and is a daddy’s girl. 

You are correct.  It was Riley that slapped Dale by the stairs, as he was about to bring her up to bed when he was baby-sitting.

• Love 1
On 9/12/2018 at 10:11 AM, druzy said:

Was that telescope at the end of the episode another product placement? Just wondering because I didn't see the name on the box and I can't imagine them missing an opportunity to endorse something.

It was the National Geographic Deluxe Adventure Set ($99).  It kind of bugged me because it also included a microscope and a pair of binoculars.  *She should have put all the money into getting a better telescope.  If Adam was used to using telescopes as a kid, I'm sure he won't be happy with that cheapo telescope.

*That's if she bought it, and not the producers.

• Love 3
On 9/13/2018 at 12:53 PM, MoreCoffeePlease said:

The space museum looks awesome, but Houston is on the bottom of my list of places to visit, so oh well. (No offense to Houstonians.)

Who was saying "the astronauts will give us high fives" and "they will give us hugs".  So sweet.  Their verbal skills are amazing.  I also like " so and so made a happy plate".

I thought that they were going to lose Hazel at the space center when she was running away from the astronaut. My biggest fear would absolutely be losing one of the kids.

I am obsessed with Hazel's eye issue.  I'm so worried about her, her eyes, and her neck and body due to the side-eye.

Skipped the entire dinner with Mimi. I'd be so happy if they just did a 1/2 hour show that focused on the kids.

That was Riley.

Why does Riley often have that red dot on her chin, right under her bottom lip?

Edited by Honey
  • Love 1
On 9/19/2018 at 10:34 AM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I think the flooded out homeowner just reminds me of someone, but since it's Houston it could be someone on My 600 lb Life, or Little Couple (they moved since, but filmed and lived there for years), so she could be someone that has appeared on TV in some way.    She also might be from their church, and has been shown in the background on something there, or at daycare.    I don't know if there are other shows that film there, except for Outdaughtered, but there might be.   

It was so touching to see the house rebuilding.  How sad that so many people are still living in trailers on their property, and the contractor that stole from them should be in jail.   

The homeowner's name is Brandy Sears, and she was on TV when the governor visited after the hurricane, and talked about getting rescued, and having the house flooded.    I bet that's why she looked familiar, because the TV news did a few interviews, and showed them for days.     

I think that Mimi must either be living part time with one of the daughters, because I'm guessing that she won't move back to the house that flooded.   I wouldn't be able to.  

Great sleuthing !!