Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

OutDaughtered

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, sATL said:

Let's go to Cajun Christmas.  No, let's skip Cajun Christmas. Well, okay, let's go to Cajun Christmas. No, not a good idea to go Cajun Christmas. I really want to go to Cajun Christmas.  It's better to not go to Cajun Christmas. Oh, all right, let's go to Cajun Christmas.

The quints have a schedule, and Cajun Christmas will mess up the schedule.  But it's Christmas and only one day of the year, let's go.  But it will be too chaotic, let's not go. But I want to see my family, let's go.  But it's so far to drive, let's not go.  But the quints should experience Cajun Christmas, let's go.

SINCE WHEN is "too chaotic" ever a reason for the Busby's to not do something?

SINCE WHEN is "stay on schedule" EVER AN EXCUSE ANYWHERE FOR ANY FAMILY regarding Christmas Day?

I want a drinking game with Cajun Christmas.  Like the little ones will ever remember Cajun Christmas!!!

 

18 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I have raised 4 boys, and never once at that young age, and even younger,  did any of them slap and punch each other in the face, and hit someone over the head with big heavy toys.  I feel sorry for those of you who think that this is normal behavior, as it is not. And, it is not something that happens once in a blue moon in that household, but multiple times per day if we are to believe what we are shown on TV. To each his own opinion though, as I guess your normal is just not mine.

I have two boys, a year apart and they NEVER hit each other with their hands, fists, nothing nor with toys.  I am always a bit perplexed why the Gosselin gang and other multipled do this.  I get trying it once or twice, as it is a "fight or flight" mentality but it need to be corrected.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Folks,

The whole do kids hit or not discussions is getting a bit too personal.  Your kids may act out in ways similar to Riley.  Your kids may have never done that.  Other kids you know could fit anywhere from demon spawn who are hellbent on attacking others to sweetest little angels who wouldn't hurt a fly.  Regardless, let's save our snark for the show, not each other.  

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Move over Kate Gosselin!  New sextuplets in town:

Older sons are Saylor, Wales and Bridge, the sextuplets are: Rivers, Rayne, Rawlings, Blu, Tag and Layke.  3 are boys and three are girls (I think) - the older boys sound like a law firm.  "Hello!  This is the firm of Saylor Wales and Bridge, how may I direct your call?"

Okay, found out the boys from the girls:

The boys were named Layke Bryars, Blu Wellington and Tag Bricker while the girls were named, Rivers McCall, Rayne McCoy and Rawlings McClaine

39 minutes ago, SunshineState said:

Has anyone else noticed that Blayke is constantly on a phone or iPad? 

Yes!

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Move over Kate Gosselin!  New sextuplets in town:

Older sons are Saylor, Wales and Bridge, the sextuplets are: Rivers, Rayne, Rawlings, Blu, Tag and Layke.  3 are boys and three are girls (I think) - the older boys sound like a law firm.  "Hello!  This is the firm of Saylor Wales and Bridge, how may I direct your call?"

Holy shit. 

Could there be any more random and misplaced letter "Y"s in those names? 

I'll boycott based on that alone.  

Also, is this the new strategy to take care of these high number multiples that these parents know that they can't afford?  Plan on a reality show along with the birth?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

Holy shit. 

Could there be any more random and misplaced letter "Y"s in those names? 

I'll boycott based on that alone.  

Also, is this the new strategy to take care of these high number multiples that these parents know that they can't afford?  Plan on a reality show along with the birth?

Not to get too off topic.....but yes this family has a GoFundMe page.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Also, is this the new strategy to take care of these high number multiples that these parents know that they can't afford?  Plan on a reality show along with the birth?

I'm really shocked that none of the kids in these shows have serious birth defects, cerebral palsy, etc. I've know of several triplets born with horrible outcomes (stillbirth or died shortly after)...just heartbreaking. I wonder how pregnancies with 5 and 6 kids are able to have such a good outcome with all healthy kids or just minor issues?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm hostile to the new family already because they gave the girls cutesy matchy names, even down to the middle names, and the boys all get to have their own identities. WTF.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

A family in my town had a singleton, twins and just this year triplets. I don’t know them but would not be surprised to see them on a TLC special sometime.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

22 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Holy shit. 

Could there be any more random and misplaced letter "Y"s in those names? 

I'll boycott based on that alone.  

Also, is this the new strategy to take care of these high number multiples that these parents know that they can't afford?  Plan on a reality show along with the birth?

What I'd like to know is why just because one or two shows with high order multiples was popular, they think we want 10 others. Same with all the shows now with people with dwarfism. We don't need to have 10 different iterations of the same thing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/11/2018 at 12:29 PM, IvySpice said:

I'm hostile to the new family already because they gave the girls cutesy matchy names, even down to the middle names, and the boys all get to have their own identities. WTF.

I'm from Alabama, as is this new family, so the answer to the girls names is quite simple via 'Southern Logic.'

The girls clothing, hair bows, backpacks, swimsuits, beach towels, sandals, anything monogramable will be monogramed so if they share the same initials, it makes the items interchangeable, therefore, it saves money. We southern women love us some monograms LOL

I can't tell you how many of my friends have done the 'same initials' thing for children of the same gender. It works for boys and girls. Why this family did it only for girls...well, it's possible one or both of the parents don't care for boys smocked/John John's/swimwear that can be monogramed or else they'd probably done the same thing with the boys names. 

Hell, if they are true southerners, same initials for the girls will save them hundreds of dollars in bows alone. Why do I know, you might ask...well,  I've been there and bought the bows, y'all. And they aren't cheap! 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Dale said Hazel was the first quint he held in the NICU and with that he formed a bond with her. I believe him, and don't think there's anything sinister about it? I think the 'favorite' thing is lighthearted especially with so many kids, or that's how I take it anyway!

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
On 08/08/2018 at 10:38 PM, penbrat said:

True.  Hazel does get a lot of attention. But like you said, it probably is largely due to editing.

Only a few Duggars babies were paid much attention by the producers, and they were always the feral ones. Is Hazel entertaining in that sort of way? 

Share this post


Link to post

Hazel gets more screen time, but I think it's at least partly because she's the one who does have a medical condition that needs attention.  Also, I think it seems like she is on more because she is so easy to pick out of the herd because of her glasses.  I'm pleased by how articulate she is.

Did the Busby's have a private recital for filming?  Nearly all of the chairs were empty.  Also, does Adam have a family?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Adam’s family lives in Lake Charles. His parents have been on the show many times.

 

As for the recital, I went back and looked at their Instagram pages and the recital was in early December not the 23rd like they said on the show (which is Danielle’s bday). So perhaps it was easier to film in separately for the cameras on that date when in actuality the girls had their recital in early December? 

Share this post


Link to post

On 8/11/2018 at 12:02 PM, chabang said:

I'm really shocked that none of the kids in these shows have serious birth defects, cerebral palsy, etc. I've know of several triplets born with horrible outcomes (stillbirth or died shortly after)...just heartbreaking. I wonder how pregnancies with 5 and 6 kids are able to have such a good outcome with all healthy kids or just minor issues?

I have followed this family (Waldrop's) since finding out about the babies, mostly because they're about and hour away from me. Courtney had several updates on her FB page during pregnancy, after having the babies she updated how hard it was on her body, I think it affected her vision, her body went into shock & many other complications. She's apparently ok now but I can imagine the thoughts going through her head a the time. All the babies seem to be normal & I agree, they are blessed to have 6 healthy babies.

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I have followed this family (Waldrop's) since finding out about the babies, mostly because they're about and hour away from me. Courtney had several updates on her FB page during pregnancy, after having the babies she updated how hard it was on her body, I think it affected her vision, her body went into shock & many other complications. She's apparently ok now but I can imagine the thoughts going through her head a the time. All the babies seem to be normal & I agree, they are blessed to have 6 healthy babies.

I saw a preview of their show last night and feel like I lost 50 IQ points.  They're obnoxious, particularly the 3 older boys.

Share this post


Link to post

did we know that the first letters of the names spell OPRAH?   right?

Olivia Parker Riley Ava Hazel

wow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, readheaded said:

I saw a preview of their show last night and feel like I lost 50 IQ points.  They're obnoxious, particularly the 3 older boys.

when does their show come on? I take it that means outdaughtered season is coming to an end..tonight is christmas part 2...after New Years.. it will be a while until another holiday...

Edited by sATL

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sATL said:

when does their show come on? I take it that means outdaughtered season is coming to an end..tonight is christmas part 2...after New Years.. it will be a while until another holiday...

It's soon, but I don't know exactly when.

Share this post


Link to post

13 hours ago, justduckey said:

Adam’s family lives in Lake Charles. His parents have been on the show many times.

 

 

I saw a repeat this morning, and it showed Adam's sister and brother-in-law.

Share this post


Link to post

Adam doesn’t even look remotely like either of his parents. Is he adopted? His mom is really good with the quints. She gives them firm but loving correction. His dad seems like the nicest guy. 

Riley is my absolute favorite, but I gravitate toward the spunky ones. I have yet to see any personality in Porker. Has she even smiled, yet? 

The Christmas lights outlining their house: I’m guessing they hired a service for that. And all the Christmas gifts, and all the Kendra Scott jewelry, and the trip for all those people to Hawaii!?!, they’re not hurting for anything. I don’t ever want to hear them griping about “the cost of raising / educating all these kids.”  

Danielle looked very happy and relaxed from the moment everyone said Surprise, so that was nice to see after her Christmas breakdown. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Did anyone else notice Adams bald spot when he was in the truck?  He’s tried to grow his hair on top long enough to cover it up, but not quite good enough.  I can see hair transplant in the near future, now that the money is flowing.  I’m quite sure she had a tummy tuck after the quints so he’s owed one.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Prisonnurse said:

Did anyone else notice Adams bald spot when he was in the truck?  He’s tried to grow his hair on top long enough to cover it up, but not quite good enough.  I can see hair transplant in the near future, now that the money is flowing.  I’m quite sure she had a tummy tuck after the quints so he’s owed one.  

I didn't notice the bald spot but I did notice all the hats he was wearing--after last season making such a fuss over his hair.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, druzy said:

Take a shot everytime someone says Cajun Christmas. 

 

2 hours ago, SunshineState said:

This episode is stressing me out. 

Danielle & Adam learned a hard lesson. You can't please and do everything in the 24 hrs defined as "Christmas day". Either it is important for you to be at home , celebrating with those who live there/starting your own traditions OR travel 3hrs , in two separate cars with a bunny (?), that day to extended family and join in on their traditions.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SunshineState said:

 

Riley is my absolute favorite, but I gravitate toward the spunky ones. 

 

She's my favorite too! Never change, Riley! If you pay attention and ignore the constant talk of her being a terror, she's hardly any different from the others in regards to hitting and tantrums. They all scream their heads off enough to make you want to join them, and even precious little Hazel has been shown smacking, pushing, etc. I've never raised quintuplets so I'm not judging. Adam and Danielle are constantly correcting them, but they're never going to be able to catch every incident. They're simply outnumbered. 

 

I also love Hazel. It's not her fault she's the center of everyone's universe. I think she's hilarious. They're all adorable and sweet in their own ways. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Now - given what I just said.. I guess the next question would be was this episode producer driven - as I was dying to see kinfolk (either by birth or marriage) to Mimi , as she claims to be so alone at times .

Seeing a sibling, or parent, to Mimi would have made my day. I'm glad / hope Mimi made it to Cajun Christmas - if she didn't it would have been 364 days of pure Hell for somebody...

If her extended family celebrations were that time dependent and the quints are only 2.5 - they could have held  the Houston festivities on 12/23 or very early on 12/24. and travel out daybreak 12/25.

They waited until after church on 12/24 to pack - for something you been crying to get to for days?? And I understand you have 8 people to clothe but how much stuff do you really need for 2-3 days, jammed into a bag ?

the quints don't know exactly when 12/25 is. They just know it is coming.  Blayke would have loved 2+ celebrations.

I have never heard of Cajun Christmas (and it is odd there was no flashbacks/history as to what it is/was) but it seems so "scheduled". Even if you got there at 6 pm - seems odd that the celebrations were completely over. An extended family party, of all ages and generations, completed packed up at sundown to the point it doesn't make sense to pop by? And they know you are coming? Danielle described the event as big as Mardi Gras ! Maybe to her as a child, it was ---as an adult, well, not so much.

I take a majority of the people live there, so you couldn't meet up on 12/26 - so I am missing not being able to see any extended family. How bad did they want to see you & the girls ?

Again, another parent lesson - you travel X-miles to come to town and now I got to run more to visit/find everyone to who proclaims to want to see me & offspring? Naaaw, baby. In the previous episode - Danielle stated the SR-Busbys live 10 min from where this "celebration" takes place.. The Busbys don't have this Christmas tradition? 

Edited by sATL
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Did anyone else notice Adams bald spot when he was in the truck?  He’s tried to grow his hair on top long enough to cover it up, but not quite good enough.  I can see hair transplant in the near future, now that the money is flowing.  I’m quite sure she had a tummy tuck after the quints so he’s owed one.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The full time nanny could have packed the kid's clothing etc and packed everything into the car a day or two ahead of time..everything but the bunny. Doesn't the one sister just live down the street from them? Surely they could bunny sit for a day or two? Twice, we saw the quints being spoon fed from a common bowl..great idea until they learn not to throw their food onto the floor. Seems odd that kids their age are still doing this though?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, winsomeone said:

 Twice, we saw the quints being spoon fed from a common bowl..great idea until they learn not to throw their food onto the floor. Seems odd that kids their age are still doing this though?

I also find it odd that the quints are still spoon fed much of the time. At 2+ it seems like they should be able to feed themselves. 

 

Then again, my youngest can drive, so it’s been a while since I had a 2 year old, not to mention five of them! LOL! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

22 hours ago, SunshineState said:

Adam doesn’t even look remotely like either of his parents. Is he adopted? His mom is really good with the quints. She gives them firm but loving correction. His dad seems like the nicest guy. 

Riley is my absolute favorite, but I gravitate toward the spunky ones. I have yet to see any personality in Porker. Has she even smiled, yet? 

The Christmas lights outlining their house: I’m guessing they hired a service for that. And all the Christmas gifts, and all the Kendra Scott jewelry, and the trip for all those people to Hawaii!?!, they’re not hurting for anything. I don’t ever want to hear them griping about “the cost of raising / educating all these kids.”  

Danielle looked very happy and relaxed from the moment everyone said Surprise, so that was nice to see after her Christmas breakdown. 

I've wondered this myself.  Both of his parents have dark eyes, but it's not uncommon to have blue eyed children,  He has dimples like his dad, but that's the only similarity I've seen.  If I remember correctly, his sister looks a bit like him.  

Edited by Sammich

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:02 PM, chabang said:

I'm really shocked that none of the kids in these shows have serious birth defects, cerebral palsy, etc. I've know of several triplets born with horrible outcomes (stillbirth or died shortly after)...just heartbreaking. I wonder how pregnancies with 5 and 6 kids are able to have such a good outcome with all healthy kids or just minor issues?

Well, one of the boys (Connell) from Hodges Half Dozen was born with a myriad of issues including being born without a spleen.  Because of that, he got meningitis and passed away earlier this year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, sATL said:

Now - given what I just said.. I guess the next question would be was this episode producer driven - as I was dying to see kinfolk (either by birth or marriage) to Mimi , as she claims to be so alone at times .

Seeing a sibling, or parent, to Mimi would have made my day. I'm glad / hope Mimi made it to Cajun Christmas - if she didn't it would have been 364 days of pure Hell for somebody...

If her extended family celebrations were that time dependent and the quints are only 2.5 - they could have held  the Houston festivities on 12/23 or very early on 12/24. and travel out daybreak 12/25.

They waited until after church on 12/24 to pack - for something you been crying to get to for days?? And I understand you have 8 people to clothe but how much stuff do you really need for 2-3 days, jammed into a bag ?

the quints don't know exactly when 12/25 is. They just know it is coming.  Blayke would have loved 2+ celebrations.

I have never heard of Cajun Christmas (and it is odd there was no flashbacks/history as to what it is/was) but it seems so "scheduled". Even if you got there at 6 pm - seems odd that the celebrations were completely over. An extended family party, of all ages and generations, completed packed up at sundown to the point it doesn't make sense to pop by? And they know you are coming? Danielle described the event as big as Mardi Gras ! Maybe to her as a child, it was ---as an adult, well, not so much.

I take a majority of the people live there, so you couldn't meet up on 12/26 - so I am missing not being able to see any extended family. How bad did they want to see you & the girls ?

Again, another parent lesson - you travel X-miles to come to town and now I got to run more to visit/find everyone to who proclaims to want to see me & offspring? Naaaw, baby. In the previous episode - Danielle stated the SR-Busbys live 10 min from where this "celebration" takes place.. The Busbys don't have this Christmas tradition? 

I don’t know, was Cajun Christmas made up for the show to give it some kind of plot?  Adam talks about how crazy it is and I thought he said people were drinking and acting wild and he wasn’t sure the girls were ready for the debauchary.   All this lasts from 2p to 5p?  I feel like an activity like this would happen later in the evening and last until the last person left. My holiday with my grandparents and older relatives last longer than Cajun Christmas.   Sounds like some borin ass Cajuns.  Seems like her family who love being on camera could have come and pitched in as well as Mimi.  I also heard her say on Christmas Eve they had to put the girls to bed then wrap all the presents.  Why wouldn’t that already be done?  For her to be so organized why hadn’t she already packed? I really think it was all made up for a story plot. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

I don't watch that often, but, it seemed rather odd to me that they couldn't get to Cajun Christmas too.   I'm not sure what that was about.  I know that Adam suffered with depression previously.  I wonder if that is what Danielle has now.  She doesn't seem very happy. I'd be frustrated too.  Granted they have a bunch of two year olds, but, they don't seem to really exert much control over the kids.  Yes, they're two, but, then they're three, four, etc and you have children with no impulse control or respect for their parents. The older child appears to be delightful. I feel for her.   

Oh, it makes me uncomfortable when parents insist on children getting near Santa when they don't want to get near Santa, for the sake of a photograph.  I don't like that at all.  The pictures were cute, but, still......

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, sATL said:

Danielle & Adam learned a hard lesson. You can't please and do everything in the 24 hrs defined as "Christmas day". Either it is important for you to be at home , celebrating with those who live there/starting your own traditions OR travel 3hrs , in two separate cars with a bunny (?), that day to extended family and join in on their traditions.

I think they were mostly trying to please Danielle. I know other people in LC wanted to see the girls, but I think Danielle just really wanted to go to Cajun Christimas (take a shot). It's a long time family tradition and she hadn't been able to to go in a few years. I was sad she missed it. 

But I think they were kidding themselves if they thought they could do their Christmas morning at home AND make it to LC in time. You're going to have to compromise if you want to fit it all in. I would have either done family Christmas on Christmas Eve morning, or wait until they got back. And I absolutely would have had everything packed the night before. Then they could have just woken up, fed the kids, and gone. 

Maybe next year?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone else get the feeling they’re leading up to a possible surprise pregnancy plot? The fatigue, headaches, upset stomach, and vague symptoms, and now a preview of the doctor wanting to run a blood test with a very generic “If this is positive...” comment? 

 

I don’t think for a second that Danielle is actually pregnant, this seems way too scripted & predictable. Not to mention these symptoms all came on at once, not something that developed over some time. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, likely scripted.  With all their kids, didn't he get a vasectomy or her a tubal? I can't even imagine taking chances with what they are dealing with.....another baby? Oh my....

Share this post


Link to post

I must have missed an episode...or ten.  Why does Mimi need to "get some space" from Danielle?  Did they have a falling out?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, A-Lo said:

I must have missed an episode...or ten.  Why does Mimi need to "get some space" from Danielle?  Did they have a falling out?

She said she needs to " live her life"...living with danielle and/or the other daughter prevents her from doing so.

Now what does that mean? No clue. I listed a few possibilities a while back- she wants a man over, run around in the house with little clothes/makeup, party, watch her TV shows in peace..

Edited by sATL
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I didn't notice the bald spot but I did notice all the hats he was wearing--after last season making such a fuss over his hair.

Oh man, I got a Jon Gosselin vibe just now. Gave me the whillies. 

Adam may be vain, but he's a hellava lot more helpful and concerned than Gosselin. And yeah, I also wondered about Danielle. She doesn't even have that stretchy skin issue, from carrying quints. Yes, she was a runner before and an exercise fiend after. Maybe that, combined with her young age, made her spring back into shape? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Phooey! After all the buildup, I wanted to see Cajun Christmas. Seemed like it was barely worth the 3-hour drive once they were that far behind. It's a miracle that six kids, a bunny, and two cars made it to another state without at least one vomit and one tantrum. The kids were even cheerful on arrival and greeted their grandparents with hugs. That's better than my family ever did when I was a kid.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Phooey! After all the buildup, I wanted to see Cajun Christmas. Seemed like it was barely worth the 3-hour drive once they were that far behind. It's a miracle that six kids, a bunny, and two cars made it to another state without at least one vomit and one tantrum. The kids were even cheerful on arrival and greeted their grandparents with hugs. That's better than my family ever did when I was a kid.

and that another thing -  there has got to be a better answer than driving two separate cars. why not ship gifts ahead of time ?

RE: the precious bunny with cage/food/poop....no way I would have crossed state lines with him..Didn't really have the room, anyway. Granted the sisters and Mimi went ahead to Cajun - but surely in all of League City someone was at home during the holidays to rabbit-sit. Do pet boarding places take rabbits? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/14/2018 at 12:07 AM, camom said:

Hazel gets more screen time, but I think it's at least partly because she's the one who does have a medical condition that needs attention.  Also, I think it seems like she is on more because she is so easy to pick out of the herd because of her glasses.  I'm pleased by how articulate she is.

Did the Busby's have a private recital for filming?  Nearly all of the chairs were empty.  Also, does Adam have a family?

Nystagmus isn’t really a serious medical condition or life threatening in the least 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters.

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size