Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

On 7/27/2018 at 7:31 AM, tobeannounced said:

I know there was a trend there for a while to give kids old-fashioned names, and I think Olivia and Ava are lovely names, but I will never get the appeal of Hazel. I think it sucks that Hazel, the most challenged, got the ugly name.

I could not agree more!!! I've always thought the same exact thing and assumed I was the only one LOL

While we are on the subject of Hazel, I wish they'd get her a new pair of frames. That milky white looks HORRIFIC with her skin tone. It does the child no favors! 

On 7/27/2018 at 12:44 PM, SunshineState said:

Is “teetee” a Louisiana thing? I have never heard “teetee in the potty” before...

It's used in my part of the world...L.A. 

Lower Alabama, that is. 

1 hour ago, HahYallDoin said:

While we are on the subject of Hazel, I wish they'd get her a new pair of frames. That milky white looks HORRIFIC with her skin tone. It does the child no favors! 

I agree however I am impressed she leaves them on.  Once I saw her take them off to straighten her hair out of her eyes or something then put them back on.  Good girl!!  I am a SPED teacher and countless kids refuse to wear their glasses at home.  They will wear them at school, but not at home.

• Love 7

All of the quints are cute, but I can't get over how striking Riley is. She's going to be a heartbreaker.

I'm glad they decided to split up Riley and Parker from the other quints in preschool. Like Danielle said, they need to start thinking of the girls as individuals. I'd hate to see the other quints get steamrolled all the time because Riley and Parker are more assertive.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

All of the quints are cute, but I can't get over how striking Riley is. She's going to be a heartbreaker.

I'm glad they decided to split up Riley and Parker from the other quints in preschool. Like Danielle said, they need to start thinking of the girls as individuals. I'd hate to see the other quints get steamrolled all the time because Riley and Parker are more assertive.

I believe it will become easier and easier to treat the girls as individuals as they get just a little bit older.

At ages 2 or 3 they seem like a "matched set", and it's fun to dress them identically and do all activities together.  It's the reason why we like to watch OutDaughtered because it's fun and a unique situation.

By the time they are in kindergarten or first grade, I predict they will want to dress differently, or Danielle and Adam will choose to dress them differently.

Each girl may have different interests or aptitudes for different activities, choosing among dance, gymnastics, soccer, softball, etc. according to preference.

With the size of League City, their local grade school is certain to have multiple classrooms for each grade level, so the Busbys and the school could literally split up all five of the girls into separate classrooms.  Families and schools frequently choose that route even when they're only dealing with twins.

Eventually, the family will start to function the same as a family that has six kids of six different ages, and the fact that five Busby girls are the same age won't matter as much regarding school, extracurricular activities, and each girl being treated as an individual.  

Edited by Angelica2121
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Angelica2121 said:

I believe it will become easier and easier to treat the girls as individuals as they get just a little bit older.

At ages 2 or 3 they seem like a "matched set", and it's fun to dress them identically and do all activities together.  It's the reason why we like to watch OutDaughtered because it's fun and a unique situation.

With the size of League City, their local grade school is certain to have multiple classrooms for each grade level, so the Busbys and the school could literally split up all five of the girls into separate classrooms.  Families and schools frequently choose that route even when they're only dealing with twins.

I wish they would dress them differently now and keep the camera on them longer so I could tell quickly who is who. They say there name , point the camera and off the camera goes..

hmmm.. lots of classrooms -who need teachers, support staff and administration in League city.... hmmmm..yet someone can't ------

Funny - the local news just showed their annual back to school news stories... new schools opening... ..more children enrolled... need more staff (there's been a couple of job fairs already).. expanded this course offering and specialty learning....hmmmm.. yet someone can't....

21 hours ago, HahYallDoin said:

Unless there is a major health risk - I wish they would wait on another surgery (if needed) for Hazel until she can verbalize and reason more as to what she can and cannot see. Yes - try upping the script with new frames.  Does she see two figures or one? Does she see the pictures on the eye chart (eye charts are pictures before the letters for those who are still learning letters) at the appropriate distance?  When you hold a book or object does she engage what is on the page? How's her vision at night? In the natural sunlight? Peripheral vision issues? The first surgery was just too painful to watch = blood stained tear rolling down her little face

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
(edited)

oh... the short lived TLC family with quints - 1 girl and 4 boys , who has a  toddler big brother Rowan, is called Hodges Half Dozen.

Teagan, Connell, Liam, Nolan and Dillon

The dad, a former Marine, is medical school , mom a nurse, and they live in TX too. They are currently rerunning episodes on TLC early in the AM now - like 5 AM EST

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, sATL said:

oh... the short lived TLC family with quints - 1 girl and 4 boys , who has a  toddler big brother Rowan, is called Hodges Half Dozen.

Teagan, Connell, Liam, Nolan and Dillon

The dad, a former Marine, is medical school , mom a nurse, and they live in TX too. They are currently rerunning episodes on TLC early in the AM now - like 5 AM EST

Thank you. I was trying to remember the name of that show. 

Bothers me that the preschool teachers carry them into school. At 2.5-3 they can walk just fine.

And the whole weekend “alone” was ridiculous. Having a babysitter and Dale there is hardly alone. And talk about scripted (I know, I know, they all are to some extent)...Danielle couldn’t even pretend a little to be surprised/mad about the bunny or the beds?  Dale cracked me up with his comment about the baby monitor being the best tv he’s watched. I didn’t envy Adam with Riley’s tantrum though. 

Edited by Eureka
  • Love 5
16 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Is League City large enough to have (5) different classrooms for every grade level?   I live in a large metro area and we don't have that perk at any school. 

ages ago the ratio of teacher:students increased as the students got older..  K3-K5 was set by a "law" , grades 1-2 were the most classrooms and then it kinda tapered off, to a few (2-4) to a grade for 4 & 5, then its off to middle school... 

Waiting to see the discussion points on tonight's episode.... :)

Edited by sATL

Regarding bunny and beds, I'm kinda glad that Danielle didn't do a fake "I'm so surprised" because that would be almost too insulting to us audience members, like "We Busbys think y'all are so dumb to believe this stuff is happening secretly."

I'm both amused and annoyed at some editing that is out of chronological order.  For a couple episodes, we could clearly see that Riley had a small wound under her lower lip.  There would be some weird editing: the same episode would have some scenes where the boo-boo looked new, then the boo-boo was already healed and gone, then the boo-boo was back again!!  Likewise when Danielle and Priscilla were drinking wine: full glass, almost empty glass, full glass, and you can tell it was not because they had re-filled the glass, it was just out-of-order editing.

Adam seems so much happier and lively now.  To me, that makes it clear that his previous depression was genuine, because Danielle and Adam are not good actors, and are basically just showing their real personalities and real moods.  I'm glad Adam revealed and handled his depression on the show.  Now, probably some combo of therapy, medications, adjustment to the situation, and improved financial situation via income from the show make him feel better about carrying responsibility for his family.

• Love 7

Bothers me that the preschool teachers carry them into school. At 2.5-3 they can walk just fine.

They are being held so that the three adults and five tiny children can be in frame for the entirety of the conversation. I don't think the teachers are carrying them in on the regular. It's just that this is a TV show about adorable quintuplets, so production will take any opportunity to put them in the shot while the adults chat. 

Also, I don't think it's a cheat that Adam had help from the babysitter and Dale/Crystal. The point Danielle was making was that he does not have the kids from morning until night the way she usually does. That's not to say she goes it 100 percent alone because she has help, too. But he handled baths, bed, and breakfast the next morning (complete with Riley meltdown) without another adult in the house. I was actually impressed with how he handled Riley while still interacting with everybody else. Plus, Adam doing their hair the next morning was adorbs.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Regarding dressing them the same, Adam said (rather testily) on Twitter that it's because they need to keep track of them easily and it's better if they match. It's a high-order multiples thing.

I totally get that. I only have 3 kids and they're not multiples; but when we got to super crowded places, I will try to dress them in similar colors or even matching tops (my boys have quite a few of these). It really helps keep track of everyone. 

• Love 2

They showed a lot of Hazel last night and I'm pretty convinced she isn't lagging behind her sisters.  Her verbal skills are good and she shows a cute sense of humor.  There was a scene where - not sure if it was Adam or Dale- were pointing out fish to Hazel and one of her sisters and asking them to find the blue fish or yellow fish and she was the first one to point out the correct colored fish.  She was also running around in the baby goat, keeping up with her sisters.  Some of her loner tendencies may be carryover from when she was the only one home when the other quints started preschool before she did.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, freebie said:

I don't think the teachers are carrying them in on the regular.

I agree, freebie.  We've seen them all walk in on their own more often than carried.

3 hours ago, freebie said:

Also, I don't think it's a cheat that Adam had help from the babysitter and Dale/Crystal. The point Danielle was making was that he does not have the kids from morning until night the way she usually does

Right on!  Additionally, there have been articles online that let viewers know there's MUCH more behind-the-scenes help for Danielle et al than we're led to believe.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

were pointing out fish to Hazel and one of her sisters and asking them to find the blue fish or yellow fish and she was the first one to point out the correct colored fish. 

And....let's not forget she didn't hesitate to pet the hissing cockroach.

I love her.

On 7/31/2018 at 5:44 PM, SongbirdHollow said:

Regarding dressing them the same, Adam said (rather testily) on Twitter that it's because they need to keep track of them easily and it's better if they match. It's a high-order multiples thing.

But what explains how they are dressed together in matching pajamas or at other times when they're not going out in public.  In addition, it would be pretty difficult to lose kids in public when they're being accompanied by a TV production crew.  

The identical dressing seems to be done to emphasize their quint-ness for the show.  It's the same as when they take all five kids to the store to buy beds. No sane person would take all five quints, or even one toddler, to go bed shopping. It's done for the quint hijinks potential.

Edited by RemoteControlFreak
  • Love 6

I agree that the matching outfits make the TV show cuter.

Also, they get a lot of the quint clothing for free.

I also believe that the free clothing that looks like designer clothing comes from a local boutique, maybe representing a national upscale clothing manufacturer, and audience members can find out where to buy online.  By dressing them identically, it showcases the outfits better for audience viewing pleasure and purchase potential.

I agree that a lot of the outings are for the quint hijinks potential !!  Also, just to change up the scene, it's all about variety, an audience will not tune in week after week to see them only eating in their highchairs or playing in their own backyard.

On the other hand, in the recent "Adam alone" episode, he said "I have to take them on their daily outing."  Even if they had no TV show, I could see why the parent or nanny might take them out on the days they're not in pre-school.  The day passes long and slow when you stay at home with toddlers, and even the "work" of getting them ready just for a trip to a playground would pass the time somewhat pleasantly for the parent, the nanny and the kids. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, artisto said:

And....let's not forget she didn't hesitate to pet the hissing cockroach.

I love her.

As cute as she is, I'm getting Hazel fatigue.

On 7/31/2018 at 6:19 PM, babyhouseman said:

Thank you. I was trying to remember the name of that show. 

Sadly, Connell passed away earlier this year.  He was born without a spleen which compromised his immune system and he died from meningitis.   http://www.tdtnews.com/obituaries/article_4133eef4-0b8a-11e8-8ab8-1f5ce49a9184.html

• Love 4

Many of the outfits the quints wear are from Matilda Jane. Joanne Gaines continued the clothing line after the original designer passed away. You can only buy the clothes online from what's called a Trunk Keeper, not available in stores or on Amazon. The clothing line is from Texas.

Of all the girl's names, the only one familiar to me is Hazel. My dad's older sister, who passed away 5 years ago at the age of 87. Lovely lady. It seems that some of the more old fashioned names are coming around in popularity again. I have a niece named Emily who's 33 and at the time her name seemed old fashioned. Then I just read that the name Linda is getting popular for babies. I don't know of anyone named Linda, Carol (my name), Diane, Donna, who isn't at least 50 years ago. I'm 55 and another very popular name growing up in my age group was Michele as well as Maria, and Mary. I've never known anyone personally with any of the girl's names. Danielle was very popular about 30-40 years ago . 

I can't stand the way Dale performs for the camera.  He tries so hard to be funny, yuck, yuck, yuck...not.  Plus he is always saying mean things to Mimi which he passes off as jokes, but they're still mean.  Can't stand guys like him, they think if they throw insults in the form of a joke, then it's fine...it's not fine.  Go away Dale.

Poor, unfortunate looking Hazel, they stick her with an ugly name, then put those awful glasses on her, and it just made it worse.  Actually in my opinion the only cute quints are the twins Ava and Olivia, sometimes Riley, but Hazel and Parker are not cute.  Sorry, Busby's if you put your kids on TV to be judged, people like me will judge them.

I'm sick of hearing "Y'all" every other word.

Blayke is passable.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

RE: to Adam quitting his job... I didn't hear that on this season. But I can see why he left - job vs. work life balance.

On air this AM they are rerunning the valentines episode. The previous nights Danielle was upset about him working long hours and misses his assistance during what she calls the "witching hour" . On the actual valentines day, he has a late meeting/extra hours and they show her sitting at the table , fully set with candles, romantic like , with a full steak/potatoes and wine dinner, looking pissed.  Beyond pissed.

He walks in looking and feeling guilty about not spending more time at home with her and the girls in the evening, while trying to be the sole provider.

"six kids" , valentines day, or not.. I think Danielle is the type who wants her man home at 5. So he had to resign and possibilty find a outside job that ensures he is home - every day - not tired or distracted (ie bring work home) at 5.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Honey said:

I can't stand the way Dale performs for the camera.  He tries so hard to be funny, yuck, yuck, yuck...not.  Plus he is always saying mean things to Mimi which he passes off as jokes, but they're still mean.  Can't stand guys like him, they think if they throw insults in the form of a joke, then it's fine...it's not fine.  Go away Dale.

Poor, unfortunate looking Hazel, they stick her with an ugly name, then put those awful glasses on her, and it just made it worse.  Actually in my opinion the only cute quints are the twins Ava and Olivia, sometimes Riley, but Hazel and Parker are not cute.  Sorry, Busby's if you put your kids on TV to be judged, people like me will judge them.

I'm sick of hearing "Y'all" every other word.

Blayke is passable.

Haven't noticed that about Dale.  I like the name Hazel.  And without the glasses, she couldn't see.  But, you know, YMMV.

• Love 15

I did laugh when Dale said that as soon as Adam put one girl to bed, another one popped up, and compared the situation to a whack-a-mole game. 

• Love 10
On 7/26/2018 at 11:05 PM, sATL said:

Actually.. I am waiting to see what is there to see/know after this season and the tots get older. I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been another set of quints/sextuplets, regardless of sex combinations, born to bump the Busby's spot. Only so much you can show new with holidays - Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving.. their birthdays, etc.

Watching Danielle/Adam stress over each up-coming parental decision as the kids grow like they did  with the beds, splitting tots in school, potty training, how to hold birthday parties for six kids......... nah.. not too interesting. I can see these two having a major discussion on how much the tooth fairy is going to pay out..

Will Mimi be the next "Millionaire House Listing/Realator in League City/Houston" ? Will the cycle studio open another location? that might hold my attention for a minute...

I don't remember why the Jones were cancelled from TLC after 3 seasons. Their tots were pushing 3 I think, when the cancellation happened. But looking back, it was a good decision, as it did give the kids their privacy. They kept up with their blog/FB , which is nice to see how their quints have grown and their interests. They have been rerunning early in the morning since this season of Outdaughtered premiered. Seems like their focus on that show was a little different than the Busbys, same but different.

I don't follow Kate + 8 closely - have they been on since the "6" were born - from hospital/birth to now? The two oldest twins are what like 16/17 ? 

Not sure it'll bump the Busby's spot but there has been a family TLC is/was filming, not sure when the air date is. It's a family in Alabama that has a son, twin boys, sextuplets that are maybe 7 months now. They have a FB page it's the Waldrop family from around Albertville.

• Love 1

Adam said that Danielle runs the cycle shop all by herself. What do the other two families whose idea it was to begin with do then? How can she do that, and still care for the quints 24/7 almost always on her own? Something isn't adding up. Funny how neither parent can cope with the 5 alone, but the baby sitter/nanny seems to do just fine with them.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, winsomeone said:

Adam said that Danielle runs the cycle shop all by herself. What do the other two families whose idea it was to begin with do then? How can she do that, and still care for the quints 24/7 almost always on her own? Something isn't adding up. Funny how neither parent can cope with the 5 alone, but the baby sitter/nanny seems to do just fine with them.

I'm not familiar with a cycle studio for fitness - what does the place do when there are no classes ( schedule ) ? Is like like a full/semi service gym ?

the other couples may be in it for an investment perspective - not to be there all the time.

2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

My guess is the babysitter (Nanny) spends the most time with them alone.

• Love 3

Haters gonna hate, but I LOVE the name Hazel.  Helps that the quint with that name is so adorable too.  Usually names are cyclical and once the current generation birthing babies doesn't have personal connections to people with that name, they come back in style.  Bet you dollars to donuts that in 25ish years we're going to see a lot of little babies named Barbara, Patricia, Kathleen, and Susan.

Funnily enough, I have two girls- one named Riley and one named Paige.  So Riley is definitely my favorite quint (her personality is SO much like my youngest's it's incredible).

I was pretty snarky about last season- about how scripted it all seemed, how they seem to have boatloads of money and designer matching clothes...but I'm actually really enjoying the current season.

• Love 4

I saw comments with lots of you complaining about how ugly Hazel's glasses are.  While I agree, I'm assuming they're made of some super resilient material to withstand possible abuse by a toddler which is why they're not attractive.  I'm sure as she gets older she will be put in more flattering frames.

• Love 9

I still have my fingers crossed that SuperNanny will come back and do an episode with the Busbys!  I don't think the quints' behavior is that bad ... their behavior seems developmentally appropriate, but maybe just a little bit more order and structure might help. Such as her system for kids who don't stay in bed. Just put them back in as many times as needed, saying "good night darling" and then not saying anything for subsequent instances.  From what we have seen the quints have been staying the room, just getting out of their beds, which I guess isn't too bad.

Danielle is definitely not going to be up for any acting awards.  Wouldn't it have been funny if she really tried to act surprised about the bunny and the beds?  If she had read Adam the riot act?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Adam said that Danielle runs the cycle shop all by herself. What do the other two families whose idea it was to begin with do then? How can she do that, and still care for the quints 24/7 almost always on her own? Something isn't adding up. 

With many businesses, only one owner does anything active and the others don't.  Also, Danielle may be the only owner involved who "runs" the studio, but she may employ a manager who handles a lot of the work, or trusted fitness instructors who unlock / lock the doors, prepare the cycles, etc.

The Busbys may have a larger percentage ownership so agreed to do a larger percentage of the work.  or vice versa to be able to still split the profits equally by doing more work to make up for less capital investment.

I'm thinking of a very simple example of when I worked in a mom-and-pop food store in my town, I was just a teen employee but they trusted me to be there alone a lot of the time, and I kept things going.  Lucky that my situation didn't mirror some of the Investigation Discovery small town murders, but that's beside the point !!

Danielle "running" the studio alone might be creating the monthly employee schedule, staying in touch with a third-party payroll provider, etc.  Maybe can be done from home, or minimal stops in the studio.

Edited by Angelica2121
15 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I saw comments with lots of you complaining about how ugly Hazel's glasses are.  While I agree, I'm assuming they're made of some super resilient material to withstand possible abuse by a toddler which is why they're not attractive.  I'm sure as she gets older she will be put in more flattering frames.

I got the impression that others here were just suggesting a better color for the glasses, and usually multiple color choices are available.

The bright white do look goofy. 

On Hazel, a pale pink or pale coral would "blend" (shout-out to Marisa Tomei and Joe Pesci LOL).

• Love 3

" From what we have seen the quints have been staying the room, just getting out of their beds, which I guess isn't too bad."  I swear Adam told Dale that the door to their room was locked so they couldn't get out? If so, most courts would mightily object to that for safety reasons..like a fire in the home.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, SlothLoveChunk said:

Haters gonna hate, but I LOVE the name Hazel.  Helps that the quint with that name is so adorable too.  Usually names are cyclical and once the current generation birthing babies doesn't have personal connections to people with that name, they come back in style.  Bet you dollars to donuts that in 25ish years we're going to see a lot of little babies named Barbara, Patricia, Kathleen, and Susan.

Funnily enough, I have two girls- one named Riley and one named Paige.  So Riley is definitely my favorite quint (her personality is SO much like my youngest's it's incredible).

I was pretty snarky about last season- about how scripted it all seemed, how they seem to have boatloads of money and designer matching clothes...but I'm actually really enjoying the current season.

Me too. Even though some of it drives me crazy, it's still (mostly) entertaining.

16 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

" From what we have seen the quints have been staying the room, just getting out of their beds, which I guess isn't too bad."  I swear Adam told Dale that the door to their room was locked so they couldn't get out? If so, most courts would mightily object to that for safety reasons..like a fire in the home.

I thought the same thing.

I wish they would be honest about exactly what help they receive (nannies/babysitters and how many hours, etc.). Not that I begrudge them the help, but one of the reasons I watch this type of show is because I'm fascinated as to HOW they actually manage. How in the world do you raise 5 babies at once? But if there are 3 adults doing it at one time, well....that's how they do it then. But I want to know.

• Love 10

I watched some of the vlogs from their Austin trip on their website. I thought Adam sounded much more southern (accent-wise) and talked in a quicker and more natural cadence than on their show. Guess that's the difference between making your own videos and having to take direction from a production team. It was nice to see the kids happy and having fun. But I really do not like the bright red lipstick on Blayke. IMO she is WAY too young for that. I had plenty of Bonne Bell lipsmackers in my day (I'm probably dating myself with that comment!) but they were pretty close to colorless at that age and for quite a few years after.

Edited by Eureka
  • Love 4
On 8/3/2018 at 2:48 PM, Eureka said:

I watched some of the vlogs from their Austin trip on their website. I thought Adam sounded much more southern (accent-wise) and talked in a quicker and more natural cadence than on their show. Guess that's the difference between making your own videos and having to take direction from a production team. It was nice to see the kids happy and having fun. But I really do not like the bright red lipstick on Blayke. IMO she is WAY too young for that. I had plenty of Bonne Bell lipsmackers in my day (I'm probably dating myself with that comment!) but they were pretty close to colorless at that age and for quite a few years after.

I love Bonne Belle Lipsmackers.  Orange Crush and Root Beer were my favorite.  Those big tubes were the best!!!

On 8/2/2018 at 12:17 PM, Angelica2121 said:

I got the impression that others here were just suggesting a better color for the glasses, and usually multiple color choices are available.

The bright white do look goofy. 

On Hazel, a pale pink or pale coral would "blend" (shout-out to Marisa Tomei and Joe Pesci LOL).

I commented on the color of the glasses as well - not the style.  Toddler glasses have to be pliable or they WILL break.  In a few years, if she needs them, she can upgrade to child's glasses. 

• Love 2

I agree that the editing has been horribly noticeable this season mostly thanks to Riley’s chin injury. Two episodes ago it was there when they were at Ashley’s salon but gone in the next scene destroying Blayke’s playroom. And again in this weeks episode the scab would come and go.

• Love 1

I was just coming here to see if anyone else had noticed Riley's chin injury coming and going...and also to ask whether any of you miss Supernanny when you watch this show...I shouldn't have doubted you!

I was channeling Jo Frost every time Dad spoke to Riley during her time-out. No! Say nuffink! Just place her back in the naughty spot.

That said, I DIED when Riley apologized to each of her sisters but had to think LONG AND HARD about it before apologizing to her dad. Oh, was that cute. You're still in the doghouse, dad! She clearly understood what she was being asked to do; it wasn't just rote.

Re names, I have a soft spot for Victorian names like Olivia vs. the Riley/Parker school of thought, but I don't really care what kind of name you choose as long as you spell it correctly. I'm glad they gave up on the madness that is Blayke. Maybe they realized that they'd have to spend the rest of their lives explaining, "No, it's Parkyr with a Y."

• Love 5
2 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Re names, I have a soft spot for Victorian names like Olivia vs. the Riley/Parker school of thought, but I don't really care what kind of name you choose as long as you spell it correctly. I'm glad they gave up on the madness that is Blayke. Maybe they realized that they'd have to spend the rest of their lives explaining, "No, it's Parkyr with a Y."

Re names:  I agree, I am not a fan of Parker, Hunter, and Dylan for girls.  Just not my thing.  Same with Blake/Blayke for a girl.  Sorry Busby Family, lol!  (Not that they asked me......)  I would take a Hazel or over a Parker any day.

Parents, please stop putting a "y" where it does not belong.

• Love 2
On 8/2/2018 at 1:11 AM, CarolMK said:

Many of the outfits the quints wear are from Matilda Jane. Joanne Gaines continued the clothing line after the original designer passed away. You can only buy the clothes online from what's called a Trunk Keeper, not available in stores or on Amazon. The clothing line is from Texas.

Of all the girl's names, the only one familiar to me is Hazel. My dad's older sister, who passed away 5 years ago at the age of 87. Lovely lady. It seems that some of the more old fashioned names are coming around in popularity again. I have a niece named Emily who's 33 and at the time her name seemed old fashioned. Then I just read that the name Linda is getting popular for babies. I don't know of anyone named Linda, Carol (my name), Diane, Donna, who isn't at least 50 years ago. I'm 55 and another very popular name growing up in my age group was Michele as well as Maria, and Mary. I've never known anyone personally with any of the girl's names. Danielle was very popular about 30-40 years ago . 

You can buy Matilda Jane online. Personally, I find the clothing ugly.

https://www.matildajaneclothing.com/Pws/HomeOffice/store/AM/default.aspx 

Edited by ButterQueen
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

You can buy Matilda Jane online. Personally, I find the clothing ugly.

https://www.matildajaneclothing.com/Pws/HomeOffice/store/AM/default.aspx 

Oh hell to the no on those clothes!  $36 for one pair of ruffles on the bottom pants???  $58 for a fugly dress?  I sincerely hope that clothing line donates for free for a plus cause I would never spend $36 on a pair of toddler pants so it would be $180 just for the bottoms of five girls.  No. Way. In. Hell. I had two boys and denim overalls were the way to go!!!  Lasted forever and you could get them for.......well not $36, lol!!

I was born in 1965 so those 1970's big ruffles......just no.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 3