Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

(edited)

When Blayke was talking to Mimi about her life since the quints took over, that sad, faraway look she had on her face was 100% Adam. It was like looking at Adam, when that PPD anxiety hits, only with dark hair.

One BIG contrast between the Busby's and Gosselin's can be shown in two scenes. The Cupcakes. In Gosselin-land, decorating cupcakes was highly structured, with mom freaking out over messes and then not even letting the kids eat their own creations. Danielle was so far over in the opposite direction, it was ridiculous. Letting them make messes and cracking eggs on the floor and eating their way through the process. I can't even imagine the ensuing sugar attacks times five! I'm thinking that I'd fall somewhere in the middle on this. Not as freaked out and rigid as Kate, but not letting them waste food by cracking eggs on the damn floor, like Danielle.  

Do you think the cupcake scene was intentional? Because the Gosselin cupcake scene caused so much controversy and hate? Is the same production company filming the Busby's, that produced the J&K+8?

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

When Blayke was talking to Mimi about her life since the quints took over, that sad, faraway look she had on her face was 100% Adam. It was like looking at Adam, when that PPD anxiety hits, only with dark hair.

One BIG contrast between the Busby's and Gosselin's can be shown in two scenes. The Cupcakes. In Gosselin-land, decorating cupcakes was highly structured, with mom freaking out over messes and then not even letting the kids eat their own creations. Danielle was so far over in the opposite direction, it was ridiculous. Letting them make messes and cracking eggs on the floor and eating their way through the process. I can't even imagine the ensuing sugar attacks times five! I'm thinking that I'd fall somewhere in the middle on this. Not as freaked out and rigid as Kate, but not letting them waste food by cracking eggs on the damn floor, like Danielle.  

Do you think the cupcake scene was intentional? Because the Gosselin cupcake scene caused so much controversy and hate? Is the same production company filming the Busby's, that produced the J&K+8?

I don’t think she was letting her crack the egg on the floor, she was holding a bowl. I think it just totally missed and it was hilarious. I was impressed with how much she had a sense of humor about it.

As for the whining, my youngest whined until he was about 11 so while annoying, totally normal in my book.

I wondered about the authenticity of the tea party conversation too...I feel like we didn’t see some leading questions that got her to open up. But I do think her feeling like she wants quiet is honest. And I loved how Mimi did not make it about herself and just listened to Blayke.

I think being married to Adam must be exhausting. He seems like he still isn’t ready to let go of the toys, over the top costumes, etc. though he has mellowed out (and conveniently is no longer suffering from PPD ? just in time for a new season) since last year.

Edited by Eureka
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I LOVED that moment! Mimi seems to get frazzled easily, but I think she's great one-on-one. I felt so sad for Blayke. It's nothing anyone can help. But I hope her parents will make more time for her. She's a really sweet girl. 

ok- I tend to be a little hard on Mimi. This episode she redeemed her herself a little. Taking Blayke and letting her share her feelings and feel special/noticed was very sweet.  showing an interested in Blakye special "friend" who gave her candy.  There was a scene in the kitchen (the quints are getting ready to eat pancakes and coming downstairs) she seemed calmer and in control. Even made a joke she was in their house last Oct . Even when she told Danielle&Adam (D&A) what Blakye said, she was composed - sitting in the floor, didn't raise her voice, showed empathy.

My first thought was did she get a job? new meds? a man? what? I mean the woman's house has to be rebuilt - 2nd floodout - if there is a time to act-up, hysterical, be short with folks...

Perhaps they had a conversation with D&A that she is there in their house only b/c of the hurricane - not necessarily to be a live-in baby sitter.

If D&A go though and let Blayke take gymnastics - please let it be just her until a family day/showcase/competition/etc event. Leave the quints elsewhere for the run-of-the-mill lesson. I think the Jones did the same for their oldest and one day brought their quints. the lesson turned into a major playtime for the babies - they ran all over the gym.

• Love 3
(edited)

Was cost ($799?) the only reason they didn't all 5 beds when they were at the store? It was only a matter of time before the others start escaping. Didn't care for Danielle jumping from beds to menstrual periods to cars... breathe woman..

The preview showed that the quints were going to be split into different classroom. And here come the tears from the tots and the parents. Tots cry when they change rooms. It only lasts for a day or so, and normally they get "eased" into the next room - like spend a couple of hours there.

Danielle / Adam - here's what the Jones said on the issue in 2014  ( link ) . Granted the blog-article is when their quints hit kindergarten..

"So here’s the lowdown on the kinder program.  I believe it is recommended that you split up your multiples when they hit the classroom so that they can develop their individuality.  Uh-huh.  That’s all fine and good for you parents of twins, triplets, and quads slackers, but we’ve got 5 and you’re nuts if you think we’re going to have the bandwidth to deal with 5 different teachers (plus Eliot’s 3 teachers), 5 sets of school projects, 5 classrooms full of 20+ potential inviters and invitees to birthday parties, 100+ classmates and their drama, and all the other madness that would come with that.  Five different sets of emails and friendly “volunteer donation” reminders from 5 different homeroom moms……..seriously, no one is strong enough to handle that! ;)  But we didn’t want to put them all in one class and Texas has a law that allows the parents of multiples to decide how their children are placed in their classrooms so we decided to go with a 3/2 split.  How did you decide who to put together you ask?  "  {I stopped the copy/paste for sake of space}

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

Yea, with five kids I just don't think it's feasible to separate them ALL. I know I went to smaller schools, but there was often only two classes per grade. So while it is good for the girls to be on their own some, they're not going to be in 5 different kindergarten classes, 5 different 1st grade classes, etc. I imagine it would be best to pair them up by who gets along best. If there's two that are constantly at each other, maybe separate those. I don't know. 

• Love 2

I think Danielle wasn't ready to let the quints go into beds. My two boys were both out of the crib by their second birthday. It did seem a little crazy that they only bought beds for the twins. Like Adam said, all of them are going to escape eventually. But Danielle doesn't want to listen to Adam, she wants to be in charge. I also don't understand why both of them have to put the twins to bed. You go in, read them a story, cuddle for a little while until they're sleepy and then leave. Within a few days they should make the transition from crib to bed. 

That tea party with Mimi and Blayke was a bit sad, as she is old enough to remember what it was like to be an only child. Plus, Danielle relies on her to help with the quints. By the time she's a teenager, she's probably going to be out of the house with her friends and into school activities as much as possible. Hopefully her parents won't expect her to be their babysitter. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Thank you. I have 3 kids ages 6-10, and I wasn't phased at all by the quints' behavior. Two-year-olds are still learning to talk at very basic levels. A lot of whining goes on, especially when they can't articulate what they want. There's 5 of them, so it just sounds like a lot more. But we have to keep in mind that a lot of this filming took place when they were cooped up inside because of the storm and also when there's a lot going on, such as on holidays. Kids get over stimulated. I thought they were fine. And I continue to be impressed by Danielle's patience with them. 

If Adam DIDN'T want more (and don't even know, or think, that that's the case), he didn't have to go through with it. He did. 

I don't see Danielle as a "career woman" while Adam is STUCK at home with his kids. They both work at the cycle studio, as far as I know. But Danielle was really passionate about it because she had been the one STUCK at home with the girls for the first 2 years. Was Adam then seen as a "career man", who abandoned his wife and kids? Does Adam still have his other job? I don't know. But I don't think Danielle is at the studio as much as one would be to define it as a "career". She's with the kids a lot. I imagine they're both relying on that investment, plus TLC money, so that they can spend quite a bit of time with the kids. 

And Adam did get his way about beds vs. cribs, so I really don't see how Danielle has him by the balls or anything like that. 

I LOVED that moment! Mimi seems to get frazzled easily, but I think she's great one-on-one. I felt so sad for Blayke. It's nothing anyone can help. But I hope her parents will make more time for her. She's a really sweet girl. 

I like Mimi too - I think she can be a little overwrought sometimes but she is really good with Blayke especially (I am remembering the scene when the quints were babies and she rode in the little car with Blayke). I appreciate that she understands the need for Blayke to have that one on one time. 

Man, I hate the term “having him by the balls” - honestly they have a good marriage and I find them very “real” - their relationship reminds me a lot of my relationship with my husband and I just love Danielle and find her very relatable.  When she had that fight with Adam about wanting interactions beyond what she has with her children I got it. I have had the same discussions with my husband and everything she has said about her experience in the NICU was so on point. My youngest was in the NICU for a week and a half and I remember so well all the beeping of the machines and dreading what the nurses and doctors might tell you. I can’t even imagine it multiplied by 5 and for as long as they were there for.  Okay, some waxing rhapsodic about Danielle. I’m not as fond of Adam now just because of all the crap about his depression last season but even he is ten or twenty times more likable than Jon Gosselin.

• Love 8

My granddaughter was in a bed by 16 months.  She hated the crib and never wanted to be there once she was walking at 10 months.  She seems much happier in the bed, maybe because she knows she has control and can get out of it when she wants to.  She goes to bed quite easily now and loves to snuggle with the stuffed animals and quilts.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, sATL said:

Was cost ($799?) the only reason they didn't all 5 beds when they were at the store?

Maybe the store would "donate" only two beds for being featured on the show.   They'll have to find more sponsors for future beds.   I feel that much of their stuff is gifted, donated, or product placement exchange.  There's SO MUCH of it and it seems such good quality.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

My granddaughter was in a bed by 16 months.  She hated the crib and never wanted to be there once she was walking at 10 months.  She seems much happier in the bed, maybe because she knows she has control and can get out of it when she wants to.  She goes to bed quite easily now and loves to snuggle with the stuffed animals and quilts.

Yeah I always wonder how people keep their kids in cribs so long. My oldest went into a bed at 19 months as soon as I found out I was pregnant again and my youngest decided just after he was a year old that he was done staying in a crib, so was in a bed at 13 months. They were both walking at 10.5 months and wanted more mobility. Sure, they got out of the beds sometimes but we never needed both of us to put them to bed. Maybe part of the issue is the Busbys rely so much on the video monitors. We never had those, just the audio ones. If they don’t see what’s going on, it’s easier to let them go to sleep on their own.

• Love 1
(edited)

My second baby was an emergency C-section two weeks early.  Our 2-year-old hadn't tried climbing out of the crib yet and we had to "teach" him.  He'd probably have stayed there until first grade. 

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Maybe the store would "donate" only two beds for being featured on the show.   They'll have to find more sponsors for future beds.   I feel that much of their stuff is gifted, donated, or product placement exchange.  There's SO MUCH of it and it seems such good quality.

I agree. They showed the store’s name so I assume that’s what was happening. 

• Love 4

Folks,

Our primary rule at PTV is Be Civil.  Part of civility on this board is allowing people to express their opinions regarding the people on this reality TV show.  Those opinions may be positive, neutral or negative.  Those opinions can cover anything shown on the show; that includes parenting choices.  

So what does this mean?  It is not okay to challenge whether or not someone is a parent themselves.  It is not okay to criticize posters for their opinions about people on the show.  You can agree to disagree.  You can say, "I didn't view it that way.  To me . . . "  You cannot say, "You are wrong for thinking that."  

If you find yourself thinking (or typing) I shouldn't say this but . . .  or not to be rude but . . . chances are whatever is coming after the "but" is best left unsaid in the way you plan to express it.

So let's be more cognizant of how we are addressing our fellow show watchers.  A few posts have been hidden for stepping over the line.  Let's enjoy and be occasionally frustrated by Outdaughtered together.

If you have any questions, please PM me directly. 

Thanks, and happy posting!

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Have these parents never heard of discipline?  When the girls were climbing out of their beds, they were never firm in telling them to stay in bed or made any consequences for not behaving.  They acted like there was absolutely nothing they could do about it.  And it's not just about the beds.  Two year olds need boundaries and they don't seem to have many.

Danielle is such a control freak.  If something isn't her idea, then it's wrong.

• Love 10

My take on this show devolved as last season wore on and I developed a mild case of hate watching. Lack of discipline and boundaries, Adam rubs me the wrong way as does Mimi, Danielle's control issues, I'm risk averse and was nervous for them when it came to the second mortgage/cycle studio investment, just to name a few things that annoyed me.

Anyway, after this first episode, the hate watching will continue. I have several more additions to my list of things but...

Dale is a hoot and makes me laugh so I'll try and focus on that. 

• Love 6

I like this show. I think it's tough to balance the "boring stuff" (aka normal day to day care) with needing different settings so furniture store, zoo, etc. Kinda seems like they can't win: accused of being opportunistic while we're the voyeurs who want to see more than just the quints in their playroom. 

I only have two kids and I was never as organized as Danielle. I admire her for it, and obviously that is a necessity with so many kids. And she does seem to have an incredible amount of patience.  "Outdaughtered" reminds me fondly of the best parts of toddlerhood - how sweet and cute they can be, and the funny things they say/how they say it - while also making me 100% glad there's no more screaming temper tantrums and potty training!

My 12 year old son loves watching this show with me lol  He can't get enough of "Do this!" "No! (pause)...Ok." I think it was Hazel with the grapes. He thinks they're hilarious. And I LOVE DALE.

• Love 12

I like this family too.  I get an anxiety attack just watching the show because of all the noise, busy-ness and MESSES! I had twins and a singleton in 3 yrs. I thought I was organized.  To keep your sanity you have to be controlling over all the little things, it's the only way to maintain some order. If you let up for a day, the mess and chaos will overwhelm you. Trust me it's a very busy life, and theirs is double what I had! I admire Danielle and hubby ( can't recall his name!) for keeping a bright and happy perspective. Whatever their faults, they are tiny compared to raising their girls with such love and nurturement. I don't worry about this family being ok.  

• Like 1
  • Love 14

When it comes to moving toddlers into big kids bed, it’s a whole different ball game with multiples. Two (or more) kids who share a room and are the exact same age and have freedom for the first time...its terrifying. My twins turned 2 in May and I’m dreading the day they are done with cribs because of exactly what happened on this show. Danielle and Adam do a good job of staying calm for the cameras but it’s hard for people to imagine the chaos of life with multiples. When mine are contained is the only time I can relax. And I also have a 4 y.o.

• Love 6

I know this hasn't happened yet, but boy, do I hate when kid-based reality shows inevitably feature potty training. Yes, it's universal. Yes, it's a pain in the ass. Yes, it'd be an absolute nightmare with multiples. But it's on tape forever!! There's no benefit to watching it because everyone can Google potty training tips. It's just an embarrassing time capsule. The Gosselin kids are what, 13/14 now and I'm sure they're thrilled that there's archived footage of them sitting on matching potties and whatever accidents were caught on camera. I would be more mortified the older I got. We don't need to watch your kid pee their pants or waddle around with shit halfway up their back. It's not cute or funny, it's just gross and it makes me feel bad for the quints. It's an invasion of privacy for these kids that's aired on national TV.

• Love 15

I do think that some things are personal and not be shared with the world. TLC thinks they know what is proper entertainment, but, I think they are wrong and I think they are stuck on the same old, same old formula for what people want to see with families. Maybe, this family didn't feel like they could say no to showing potty training.  Was anything off limits? 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I do think that some things are personal and not be shared with the world. TLC thinks they know what is proper entertainment, but, I think they are wrong and I think they are stuck on the same old, same old formula for what people want to see with families. Maybe, this family didn't feel like they could say no to showing potty training.  Was anything off limits? 

I think it's mostly the gold standard of "haha, it's so funny to watch frazzled parents try to wrangle their toddlers as they all run away from them in different directions screaming and covered in poop," which not only isn't funny, but is group potty training even feasible? They won't all have to go at the same time so it seems like it'd be easier to train one or two at a time. The whole "everybody get dragged to the potty at once" thing feels staged for cameras.

• Love 1

I hate the name of the show. I hate that it encourages people to think having litters of children is a morally acceptable risk. I hate that we reward people who happen to have healthy kids, while there are no shows for the families where two of the five died or where the surviving kids are blind and have cerebral palsy and developmental disabilities.

But I'll be damned if I don't find the show entertaining. The little girls are so charming. I love hearing them practice their words. They all seem bright and on time or advanced. I'm impressed that they sit and eat with spoons and most of the food ends up where it's supposed to go. The dynamics of the identical twin pair are interesting. They seem pretty good-natured, too. There are actually moments when no one is crying.

Dammit, TLC.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I think it's mostly the gold standard of "haha, it's so funny to watch frazzled parents try to wrangle their toddlers as they all run away from them in different directions screaming and covered in poop," which not only isn't funny, but is group potty training even feasible? They won't all have to go at the same time so it seems like it'd be easier to train one or two at a time. The whole "everybody get dragged to the potty at once" thing feels staged for cameras.

I agree that potty training doesn't belong on TV which is why I have so much respect for The Little Couple Jen and Bill who never even spoke about training Zoe or Will, much less showed it.   On a similar vein, I was a little surprised that they showed the girls running around outside only in diapers after a rainstorm.   I know they're babies, but is it not politically incorrect these days to let baby girls be filmed so exposed like that?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I agree that potty training doesn't belong on TV which is why I have so much respect for The Little Couple Jen and Bill who never even spoke about training Zoe or Will, much less showed it.   On a similar vein, I was a little surprised that they showed the girls running around outside only in diapers after a rainstorm.   I know they're babies, but is it not politically incorrect these days to let baby girls be filmed so exposed like that?

I'm pretty conservative when it comes to children dressing appropriately, but I have never heard that a toddler girl running around in a diaper is politically incorrect.  I mean, if someone is sexually excited by the sight of a toddler girl in a diaper, I doubt their problem is the clothing or lack thereof. Maybe I'm not understanding your point though.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
17 hours ago, IvySpice said:

I hate the name of the show. I hate that it encourages people to think having litters of children is a morally acceptable risk. I hate that we reward people who happen to have healthy kids, while there are no shows for the families where two of the five died or where the surviving kids are blind and have cerebral palsy and developmental disabilities.

But I'll be damned if I don't find the show entertaining. The little girls are so charming. I love hearing them practice their words. They all seem bright and on time or advanced. I'm impressed that they sit and eat with spoons and most of the food ends up where it's supposed to go. The dynamics of the identical twin pair are interesting. They seem pretty good-natured, too. There are actually moments when no one is crying.

Dammit, TLC.

There was one (1) show where one of the multiples (quints?) had severe cerebral palsy, but I think it only got a season or two. It aired 9/10 years ago when they were babies. They had older siblings and one of the older boys had a really special relationship with the disabled girl. And not for nothing, but I fear Hazel Grace could have some developmental disabilities yet to be discovered. Your point still stands though.

But yes, all six girls are adorable. Even so, I can't imagine having that many at once when they're little. It's like running your own personal daycare 24/7 for 5 or 6 years straight.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

I'm pretty conservative when it comes to children dressing appropriately, but I have never heard that a toddler girl running around in a diaper is politically incorrect.  I mean, if someone is sexually excited by the sight of a toddler girl in a diaper, I doubt their problem is the clothing or lack thereof. Maybe I'm not understanding your point though.

I'm talking about the pedophiles out there and this is exactly what excites them.  I never thought this was a big deal either until I started reading backlash against people who post these types of pictures of their kids on social media.  Then it got me thinking that maybe it's best not to expose your kids like that.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/16/2018 at 2:33 PM, Koalagirl said:

I'm trying to remember if they filmed the quints from "Quints by Surprise" potty training..  ( link ) .they are re-running the episodes in the early morning hours.. I just don't get why Adam/Danielle won't seek advice from Casey &  Ethan on camera - Austin is closer than Nashville. I think Adam seeing another father of multiples, who are older, will help him see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. They way he worries over every little decision - "how are the other 3 going to feel if 2 go to another class".

Edited by sATL

The only part that really annoys me is the baby talking.  The girls are 2.5 and they talk so stop it with the sing songy baby talk to them you are grown adults and the kids speak better than you do!

• Love 16

I wish Adam would start thinking of the quints as individuals.  He's so afraid of some being "left behind" that he doesn't want any of them to advance ahead of the others.  I know that raising all of those girls must be very challenging (I can't even imagine), but he is such a worry-wart.  Lighten up, Adam!

• Like 1
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, fountain said:

The only part that really annoys me is the baby talking.  The girls are 2.5 and they talk so stop it with the sing songy baby talk to them you are grown adults and the kids speak better than you do!

This! I enjoy this show in a "have it on in the background" kind of way, and I'm amazed at how the Busbys have coped with an admittedly self-inflicted situation, but that baby talk gets on my last nerve! If I hear "Pawkuh" one more time...

• Love 2
On 7/14/2018 at 1:27 PM, tabloidlover said:

LOVE Dale!!!

Dale may very well be the hottest guy on TV  right now -- and he is supposed to be incidental to the show.  Of course we only see a little bit of ANY of these people's lives, and they know they are on camera, but Dale seems to be the whole package -- handsome (but not TOO handsome), well-adjusted, great dad, fun sense of humor.  His wife hit the jackpot there.  Danielle not so much, except that Adam does seem to love all his kids.

• Love 11
22 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

I'm talking about the pedophiles out there and this is exactly what excites them.  I never thought this was a big deal either until I started reading backlash against people who post these types of pictures of their kids on social media.  Then it got me thinking that maybe it's best not to expose your kids like that.

I kind of thought the same.  It wasn't that long ago (1990) that photographer Sally Mann took no end of crap from people, many of them probably some of the same kind of people the Busbys go to church with, over publishing a book of photos of her own children, some of them depicting skinny dipping.  She was never prosecuted or arrested, but it was made clear to her that she could have been.  I don't think I would want my little girls or even babies shown on national television without clothes on.

It's a baffling situation, because it also smacks of putting responsibility on the targets of pervs to keep the perv in check, rather than the pervs to get treatment (and I'm not sure there IS an effective treatment) to learn how to control themselves.  It's on the same continuum as  "Don't wear short or tight clothes if you don't want to get raped" mindset.  So I don't have any easy answers for this one.  I have a family member who has a 2-year-old and is expecting another baby and she is adamant that NO photos of her kids be posted on social media or anywhere else, for just this reason.  I can't fault her for that decision.  It's a rough world out there.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I thought the preschool director was great in explaining that it would be good for Riley and Parker to be followers in the new class, while giving the other girls a chance to be leaders.  Riley and Parker appear to be the most dominant of the quints, so it's not really about them being more "advanced" as much as what will make all of the girls well rounded individuals.  I still do worry about little Hazel.  She's such a doll (I'm a sucker for little kids in glasses), but does seem to learn at a bit of a slower pace.  She may or may not keep up with her sisters, and I hope her parents can accept that.

• Love 11
(edited)

Didn't the other 4 start preschool before Hazel? I could swear that we've already had this story line, with Adam wringing his hands and whining about it. He needs to get over it. He's going to be the one who gives them all a complex and makes them feel competitive with one another (which I know will be natural to an extent) with his "fall behind" language. I would think that the earlier you normalize differences and splitting them up, the better, though I'm certainly no experts on multiples. 

@SnarkEnthusiast I think that show was called Table for 12. They had 2 sets of twins, I think, and then the sextuplets. They were a very enjoyable, down to earth family. Which is probably why their stint on TLC was short lived! 

Edited by Squirrely
Finishing my thought
  • Love 5

Didn't the other 4 start preschool before Hazel? I could swear that we've already had this story line, with Adam wringing his hands and whining about it. He needs to get over it. He's going to be the one who gives them all a complex and makes them feel competitive with one another 

I think all of the tears when the two girls were moved to a new class were at least in part because of Adam and (to a lesser extent) Danielle.  Instead of being matter-of-fact about it, they were anxious and kids pick up on that.  Riley and Parker were nervous because their parents were.  Notice that after mom and dad left it took very little time for them to be OK.

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, camom said:

I thought the preschool director was great in explaining that it would be good for Riley and Parker to be followers in the new class, while giving the other girls a chance to be leaders.  Riley and Parker appear to be the most dominant of the quints, so it's not really about them being more "advanced" as much as what will make all of the girls well rounded individuals.  I still do worry about little Hazel.  She's such a doll (I'm a sucker for little kids in glasses), but does seem to learn at a bit of a slower pace.  She may or may not keep up with her sisters, and I hope her parents can accept that.

Actually as a ex daycare instructor the whole thing rubbed me the wrong way.  The whole “evaluation” or whatever bugged me. They are 2.5...let them be toddlers for heavens sake. Who cares if they know their letters or numbers...they will get there.  I just don’t agree with the whole “let’s move some but not all” idea either. If they were different ages, that would make sense, but they are all 2.5. Let them all move up at the same time. It’s not as if they are getting bored ?

So while it pains me to admit it, I’m on Adam’s side on all of this...for a different reason but yeah. 

Edited by Sarahsmile416
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, camom said:

I think all of the tears when the two girls were moved to a new class were at least in part because of Adam and (to a lesser extent) Danielle.  Instead of being matter-of-fact about it, they were anxious and kids pick up on that.  Riley and Parker were nervous because their parents were.  Notice that after mom and dad left it took very little time for them to be OK.

I thought the same. Just drop them off and go! I used to work in daycare and I hated when parents lingered. Ninety eight percent of the time it just makes it worse. 

I know they're aware of the cameras,but that daycare just seems so lovely. I think the quints are in good hands. I'd have no problem trusting them to handle the change. 

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Who knew that preschools had advanced classes for 2.5 year old babies. Then when they are kindergarten age, will they go to an advanced kindergarten class too?

yeah... I thought that was a little odd sounding myself. I hope she meant that there was a couple of openings in the "next " class - like the 3yr old room {again back in the day all tots were 3-ish} and the two she selected were ready to be in that room.

OR she had to make a shift around in tots , due to personnel - IE tot/adult ratio for the days & time they come. 

Ages ago, and I am speaking from experience - a criteria for the 3 yr  old room was be toilet trained to the point of telling someone or going on their own. And of course being very close or slightly over than 3.  Many of the smaller christian schools did start at K3. Potty-Training 101 was the main activity in the 2 yr old room.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Did I hear correctly? Mimi was renting that house from her daughter? So it’s the daughter taking the loss. Something ain’t right with Mimi. 

yes. Ashley rental house. I can't tell which sister is married to which man, but I can see Dale saying "let get a rental for mom as opposed to her moving in with us". Probably the quickest real estate transaction in history.

I know Mimi is entitled to her privacy - but something doesn't make sense with her. Her not explaining is making herself look bad . Her daughters need her to be stronger, as they have their own jobs & family to raise, and she acts weaker than the tots in a couple of moments. This goes back to season ago, when she seems to have difficultly in finding a teaching job. Getting laid off in your 50s is a set-back , but surely she should have a circle of friends to help her with leads. Then she moves to the TX city - still can't find a job. Finally gets one at the school (ie a favor was called in), quits before finding the next job. Who does that when they are in their 50s and just was laid off?  The parent  is supposed to set an example.

I'm not sure what she meant by "living someone else life"  - how is living with one of the daughters preventing her from living? She wants to have a man over at night? Run around in the buff?  What is her life ??

#GetMimiTheHelpSheNeeds

Edited by sATL
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Who knew that preschools had advanced classes for 2.5 year old babies. Then when they are kindergarten age, will they go to an advanced kindergarten class too?

I figure it is to a room with older kids.  I kind of saw it as “two of your kids are bossy and they are controlling the room so we will send them to a room with 3 year olds where they might not rule the roost”. I think it will be good for the other three.

I don’t know if the Busby’s will do this but people I know with multiples have all put the kids in different classes so they can learn and meet friends as themselves first and not “one of the twins” or  “one of the triplets”.

Edited by fountain
  • Love 8
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 11:45 PM, Former Nun said:

I noticed in the Halloween episode it included pizza but no endorsement for Little Cesar's they way they did last year. The boxes didn't even say "hot & ready" on them. 

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, fountain said:

I don’t know if the Busby’s will do this but people I know with multiples have all put the kids in different classes so they can learn and meet friends as themselves first and not “one of the twins” or  “one of the triplets”.

It would be a huge school to have (5) different kindergarten, first grade, etc. classes.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

I just don’t agree with the whole “let’s move some but not all” idea either. If they were different ages, that would make sense, but they are all 2.5. Let them all move up at the same time.

I see it differently.  They were all the same age when it was determined that Hazel just wasn't quite ready for preschool.  At the director's suggestion, Hazel stayed home and had extra attention, extra help, and worked on various skills in order to be ready.  If it's obvious this early that two of the girls need more "education" or stimulation, now is the time to start.  I agree with some posters above, it's possible that this step up is into the potty-training arena and the two who moved just might be more ready.  By the time they're old enough for kindergarten, maybe ALL will be ready.

Edited by Former Nun
3 hours ago, sATL said:

yes. Ashley rental house. I can't tell which sister is married to which man, but I can see Dale saying "let get a rental for mom as opposed to her moving in with us". Probably the quickest real estate transaction in history.

I know Mini is entitled to her privacy - but something doesn't make sense with her. Her not explaining is making herself look bad . Her daughters need her to be stronger, as they have their own jobs & family to raise, and she acts weaker than the tots in a couple of moments. This goes back to season ago, when she seems to have difficultly in finding a teaching job. Getting laid off in your 50s is a set-back , but surely she should have a circle of friends to help her with leads. Then she moves to the TX city - still can't find a job. Finally gets one at the school (ie a favor was called in), quits before finding the next job. Who does that when they are in their 50s and just was laid off?  The parent  is supposed to set an example.

I'm not sure what she meant by "living someone else life"  - how is living with one of the daughters preventing her from living? She wants to have a man over at night? Run around in the buff?  What is her life ??

#GetMimiTheHelpSheNeeds

Just doing a little couch psychology here, but I do wonder if she has Bipolar. The swinging depression, crying, and then well, not quite mania, just makes me wonder. Plus the mysterious loss of her job....

• Love 3

I definitely think we aren't getting the full story about Mimi.  This is pure speculation, but I wonder if she has gone through a divorce in the last few years?  She strikes me as someone who has never really been completely self-sufficient/supported herself, and if she had a husband until recently who was the main earner for the family that would explain her struggle with finding a job making a living wage, renting a home from her daughter, etc.  She also just seems really lost, like she's found herself at a place in life that she never expected to be, especially at this age (as she has said repeatedly herself), and is struggling hard to navigate her way through it.  Then, to top it off, she has two homes flooded, loses most of her things, including irreplaceable ones like photos, etc.... I can definitely see why she is having a difficult time - and feeling like you don't know your place in the world anymore really isn't something other people can just fix, no matter how much they love you and want to.

• Like 1
  • Love 2