Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

missed last night.

how dramatic/traumatic was the stupid Lazy River at the water park?  The commercials, which were shown 8 thousand times during "90 day fiancée" were beyond annoying.

I presume no one drowned...

I melted when Hazel patted Lulu on the back and said Night Night Lulu.  LMAO when Danielle was trying to get Adams attention and kept calling his name, then Hazel said Adam.  The quints seem to pick up new words very quicklly. I'm feeling a little protective toward Hazel because she was the most delicate at the brginning and with her eye situation so I was thrilled to see that she seemed to be enjoying their time at the beach the most!! I'm wondering if Danielle's figure bounced back so fast because she was so physically fit before the pregnancy. 

• Love 7
11 hours ago, melissa820 said:

The first thing I wondered when I saw her in that bathing suit is whether or not she has had a tummy tuck.  I mean I can understand her losing the weight quickly, her and Adam both seem really into fitness.  A year after having my baby I've lost the weight but my belly looks like a deflated balloon... and there was only one baby in there.  You'd expect her tummy to look more like Kate's did in the early early days of Jon & Kate plus 8 before she had her tummy tuck.  

Another reason I believe we are not getting the whole truth about this family. 

• Love 1
On 8/28/2017 at 3:08 PM, camom said:

I'm not sure if this was the birth order, but...

Ava Lane: 2 lbs. 4 oz., 14 inches

Olivia Marie: 2 lbs. 6 oz., 14.4 inches

Hazel Grace: 2 lbs. 0 oz., 13.4 inches

Riley Paige: 2 lbs. 4 oz., 14.2 inches

Parker Kate: 2 lbs. 4 oz., 13.8 inches

So Hazel was the smallest of the quints, but not by a lot.

Ok, I've been watching this off and on, but who is Lulu? TYIA

7 hours ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Another reason I believe we are not getting the whole truth about this family. 

I'd bet money that Danielle had a surgical fix to her stomach--she has looked great from the beginning of the show.  But is that our business?  I don't think so.

Adam 1st statement to his BILs (about the TN trip): " I met-up with this guy I met on online...". I wanted Dale to tear him a new one...Was a little disappointed that Dale held his tongue a little.

But on that note - it would have made more sense for Adam to visit with a father of multiples.  Like the dad of  almost 2yr old quadruplets who lives in Utah on the show that comes after this - "Rattled". The Utah couple only has the four, but that would have been better than a father of two, whose children are a couple of years apart.

Edited by sATL
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 2:23 PM, brilliantbreakfast said:

Of course he's depressed.  He's what, 30?  And he has give screaming babies and another daughter, and NO chance of ever having the son that any good Christian male </snark> would want.  He's looking at possibly college for 6 kids and weddings and having to buy more house than he wanted to, and not being able to have "fun" (which seems to be a big part of what he's mourning).  To me, Adam seems to have a lot of rage-turned-inward.  It's just justifiable rage unless he didn't want 5 more kids and she chose to "select", or whatever happened.

I'd feel overwhelmed and depressed too with five screaming babies, and he doesn't seem like either the sharpest, nor the most empathetic tool in the shed.

Exactly. I am willing to bet Adam didn't want 5 more kids, even if it was over a 10 yr period. He loved the good advanced 20+ yr old life - wife & one daughter who was big enough to travel/tag along without interfering with their plans.  He also had disposable income to do with what he pleased - from trips, to golf-tee times to electronic toys.

Yes, his buddies have a couple kids but they are still able to "live". He is really is survival mode. Nothing wrong with that, just need to accept it and play the cards you been dealt.

I sure wish they would have captured his face when the Dr showed the ultrasound with 5 heartbeats. How was he (mentally and physically) before the delivery room?

#GetAdamTheHelpHeNeeds

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, melissa820 said:

The first thing I wondered when I saw her in that bathing suit is whether or not she has had a tummy tuck.  I mean I can understand her losing the weight quickly, her and Adam both seem really into fitness.  A year after having my baby I've lost the weight but my belly looks like a deflated balloon... and there was only one baby in there.  You'd expect her tummy to look more like Kate's did in the early early days of Jon & Kate plus 8 before she had her tummy tuck.  

She says she didn't, and also made sure to tell that she doesn't have a single stretch mark from the pregnancy. I was like, ok lady, I'll believe you are naturally skinny and fit but no stretch marks from 5 kids? I had 3, 1 at a time, and I look like a tiger! And I only gained 8 lbs with one of them! I know everyone is different, but that's like hitting the lottery twice. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, LisaWl7TR said:

Newbie. Only 2 kids here and no stretch marks.

ETA but I cant see carrying 5 at one time and no stretch marks.

I have two singletons too and no stretch marks, but my stomach muscles were never quite as "not droopy" again. Think of how much her skin had to stretch for five babies at once. I think she had to have taken care of that surgically. I don't know how that would have all gone back naturally so quickly.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Amers said:

She says she didn't, and also made sure to tell that she doesn't have a single stretch mark from the pregnancy. I was like, ok lady, I'll believe you are naturally skinny and fit but no stretch marks from 5 kids? I had 3, 1 at a time, and I look like a tiger! And I only gained 8 lbs with one of them! I know everyone is different, but that's like hitting the lottery twice. 

I know it seems super unfair, but I believe her. Danielle was super fit before her pregnancy, which gives her a larger chance of bouncing back quickly. Also, I don't think she ever looked THAT big. I'm posting her at 27 weeks, which was about a week before the quints were delivered. Yes, it's big for 27 weeks, but she didn't continue to grow for another 13 weeks. And being that all of the babies were 2 lbs something, it's not THAT much different than a woman who has a slightly larger than average baby. 

I had 3 kids and I didn't get a single stretch mark with my first. With my second, I got one. With my third, I think I got 2 more. They were all really small and light. I have some bad stretch marks on my hips that I got during puberty, so if I was in a bikini, THOSE are what you would see. My 3 pregnancy stretch marks faded so much, you wouldn't even see them in a picture. And by the end of the 3rd tri with my middle kid (who was my biggest), I looked like a damn watermelon - much larger than Danielle looked toward the end, IMO. 

I also had pretty good ab muscles as I'd been doing crunches every day of my life for 10 years before my first pregnancy. I have a tiny bit of droop now, but not much. I can conceive of a woman who is clearly even fitter than I am, being able to retain her flat stomach. Again, even though she carried quints, her final belly size seems to be about what a 40 week woman with one baby would be. Not much difference from what I can see. 

It's really genetic for a lot of people. My mom had 4 girls and didn't get a single stretch mark. Her sisters don't appear to have any either, so I think her "snap back" is a mix of genetics and being so fit before pregnancy. 

27-week-Quint-Bump-web.jpg

Edited by ghoulina
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

I just read that some fans of this show are upset because they found out that the Busbys have a full-time nanny helping Danielle with the babies. They think they were trying to hide this from the viewers. Frankly, I'm glad she has the help. Maybe tlc won't include said Nanny on the show because they don't want to have to pay her. Maybe they think it makes for a better story if Danielle does it all on her own. Whatever, I love this show and I can't get enough of those adorable babies. Some of the disgruntled fans are even saying that they won't watch anymore. 

• Love 6

I loved seeing the girls in the pool (even though they were traumatized!), playing with sand at home, playing with Danielle in the family room, enjoying the water park, and going to the "ocean" (Gulf of Mexico).  So cute.

Why didn't Danielle go in the pool with them for their little lesson?  It would have made the session much more productive.  It was sad seeing all of them so upset, with that uncontrollable crying that shakes your body.  What a nice place, as well. Looked fancier than my local YMCA where I took my kids for swimming lessons.

The expired pancake syrup ... whenever we have rented a vacation house, we bring our own food.  Gross.

I'm glad Mimi got a room without the quints so that she could get some sleep.  I enjoyed the fact that she and her daughters were able to have a night out.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Latenites said:

I just read that some fans of this show are upset because they found out that the Busbys have a full-time nanny helping Danielle with the babies. They think they were trying to hide this from the viewers. Frankly, I'm glad she has the help. Maybe tlc won't include said Nanny on the show because they don't want to have to pay her. Maybe they think it makes for a better story if Danielle does it all on her own. Whatever, I love this show and I can't get enough of those adorable babies. Some of the disgruntled fans are even saying that they won't watch anymore. 

Didn't they bring their babysitter with them to the beach on this last episode? And Adam even said so if I recall...it wasn't like an extra person just being there that we couldn't place.

• Love 1

No Danielle never seemed that big.  Remember how huge Kate was that she had that plastic stuff on her bump?  It was just 1 more baby but I think she went a couple of weeks longer.  I recall the kids being closer to 3 lbs each.  

The nanny stuff just makes Adam's stress stuff when he comes home seem less genuine.  

Edited by fountain
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Morgalisa said:

I used to help (along with a team) a mom of quints. It is backbreaking and unrelenting. I wouldnt begrudge Danielle if she had 5 nannies.?

I agree Danielle absolutely would need help. But maybe the show should have been honest and called the helper at the beach the nanny, not the babysitter, as though she was just part time. No one would have liked the show less knowing she had some help, and it would have been so much more realistic. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Yes, I hope she had and has everything she needs for her family. I don't begrudge her one bit of it. I don't understand why TLC can't be honest about it. There are people out there that believe she's doing everything herself and that can be harmful to those who are struggling with fewer babies. Talk about depression inducing!

• Love 7

I won't begrudge them the help, but yea - I do wish TLC would show it. Not only in the vein of being more genuine. But, also, I find it kind of interesting. I liked on Jon & Kate when they showed who did the laundry, who helped on what days, etc. It gives you a broader overview of their life. I remember they did something sort of like that with THIS show in the very beginning - when they had family members there almost round the clock. TLC ALWAYS has very strange ideas about what they think the viewers want to see. I say the same thing when I watch Sister Wives (or when I used to watch the Duggars). 

• Love 4

The nanny stuff just makes Adam's stress stuff when he comes home seem less genuine.

I thought his stress was more about money concerns (which paying for a nanny would add to!), not about parenting the girls. They have emphasized more than once that he focuses on spending time with the girls to escape his issues. I think it was the pastor in Nashville who first pointed out that he throws himself into hands-on time with the kids as a way to cope with his mental health issues. And I do think those issues are real. The way he talks about not caring about things that used to be important, for example, is concerning.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, freebie said:

I thought his stress was more about money concerns (which paying for a nanny would add to!), not about parenting the girls. They have emphasized more than once that he focuses on spending time with the girls to escape his issues. I think it was the pastor in Nashville who first pointed out that he throws himself into hands-on time with the kids as a way to cope with his mental health issues. And I do think those issues are real. The way he talks about not caring about things that used to be important, for example, is concerning.

I was just reading on their Instagram page where their former nanny has called them out for basically lying about not having any help with the babies. She said that She worked 50-60 hours per week and even stayed with the babies when they went on their 10 day/night, kids free anniversary  trip to the Bahamas.  Danielle is basically calling her a liar which I think is sad because the lady is just asking that they be honest and say they had help and Danielle isn't this super mom she's  portraying herself to be.  Adam thinks that he can post some pics of him and Hagel rubbing noses and talking about their "special bond"and people will just melt and forget about all this nonsense; it just brings me back to him showing her too much favoritism. I think it's gotten to the point where their getting that Hollywood complex and thinking they are big stars and people will overlook their little white lies.  In the previews for the season finale they are arguing because she wants to be out of the house more and involved with that stupid cycling shop.  I guess that cats out the bag now shug, everybody knows now you out the house wayyyyy more than your letting on....

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Found this response from Adam (if this is the post you are referring to).  I believe him.  It would be insane if they had no help, but I don't believe they have anyone working 50-60 hours a week.  

adambuzz@kileyromney I'm not sure where all this is coming from all of the sudden. We have never said that we don't have help. We have even shown them on our television show(last week's episode for one the dentist scene is another odd the top of my head). We have never had a nanny. We do have a regular sitter that comes to our house if danielle needs to be at the cycle studio or if we have a date night. That person usually does get a few more hours when we are actively filming the show, because someone has to be at the house while we film couch interviews together. There is a former baby sitter that we had to fire because we found out that she was sharing personal information(even medical information) about our family on an online nanny forum. She has since put down Danielle's name a a reference for jobs(not a very bright thing to do with someone who fired you betraying our trust). These people contacted danielle and naturally, she didn't get a glowing reference. I think she is now spreading lies about us on social media because of it. She is too naive to realize that she broke laws by sharing the information that she shared and we didn't pursue it legally because she was so young at the time and we didn't want to do that to her. She should tread lightly...

• Love 11

I don't think Danielle has ever said that she does it alone.  She seems very capable, yet doesn't hesitate to ask for help from her sisters, mother and even her brothers -in-law.  In the scenes where they go potty shopping, there's no way she would take all 5 if TLC didn't have the cameras rolling. There was another person in the Galveston scenes, and at the dentist as well. I would guess that she has several babysitters, and uses more than one at a time. Handling 5 active toddlers would be difficult for one.

• Love 9
On 9/6/2017 at 9:08 PM, LisaWl7TR said:

Only 2 kids here and no stretch marks.

I didn't have stretch marks either...from pregnancies in 1966 and 1968.    I did, however, gain A LOT of weight after being on Prednisone for a few years.  The stretch marks started on my hips...and then some.

• Love 1
On 9/9/2017 at 6:18 AM, tabloidlover said:

adambuzz@kileyromney I'm not sure where all this is coming from all of the sudden.

I'm "seeing" more and more people on TV saying "All of the sudden," instead of "a sudden."   I also noticed that Danielle said they did something "on the spurt of the moment."    I love TV!

• Love 2

Ahh.. Haa. I knew this day was coming..  they just showed a preview to the new competition to the Busby quints... "Harvey Half Dozen" ( 1 girl & 4 boys + big brother) premieres Tue 11/7. The dynamics of 5 boys total should be interesting.

I do give the Busby's at least a couple more seasons.. but as soon as the little darlings get school age... we'll see.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

During the following show, there was a clip of the quints during lunch time. When they are all done eating, and/or don't want it anymore, they will throw their plates and food on the floor. So Blake, Danielle and Adam try to grab their plates/food quickly, to minimize the mess on the floor.

Maybe I am tired after  long day, but that kind of behavior will be corrected ASAP and not tolerated in my house. They let the quints get away with just a little too much mis-behaving. When do they plan to correct inappropriate behavior? Just trying to grab the plates or food isn't really teaching them anything - you're advoiding the lesson of how to act when you are done. It is too hard to teach them to say "all done" ?

• Love 7

When mine were that age, the first time they threw food on the floor it got taken away.  I said that they obviously weren't hungry, so the meal was over.  It took two of my three just one time to learn that lesson.  Number 3 tried his luck twice.  

• Love 7

Interesting seeing Adam cutting up corn dogs with scissors for his little girls. I have scissors in the kitchen too as part of my knife set, but it seems weird to me to use them to cut up food I'm serving to my family. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CarolMK said:

I have scissors in the kitchen too as part of my knife set, but it seems weird to me to use them to cut up food I'm serving to my family. 

No reason to hold back on ANY use of great kitchen scissors/shears!   We get to-go salads often and the chicken strips are inconvenient.  Out come the kitchen scissors.  VOILA!

• Love 4

The quints were cracking me UP this episode. 

Best moment - Lulu bites Ava. Ava is crying and Adam is trying to figure out what happened. Ol Riley, who is usually the prime trouble maker, is quick to point out "Lulu bite Ava arm". So verbal! And just hilarious. Riley was QUICK to make sure no one thought SHE did it. Meanwhile, Lulu is hiding under the table. And then Riley tells her, "Time Out". Bahahahaha

I just love the dynamics between the girls. It was nice seeing that Riley isn't the only "bad" one. And, actually, she was the best one about helping daddy clean up. 

I totally related to Danielle and her desire to be at the cycle studio quite a bit. I've been a SAHM for almost 10 years. I also homeschool - so there's no, "The kids are all in school now, time to go back to work!" I worked as a pharmacy tech before having kids and I really enjoyed the fast pace atmosphere, and solving problems. I don't brag about a lot, but I was good at my job. I was frequently complimented by my colleagues, customers, and bosses. At home, you don't get that validation. Yea, I know my husband and kids love me - but there's no tangible proof I'm doing a good job. So I really really related to everything she was saying. 

I'm glad Adam came around. But he always comes around. So I often think they have these discussions privately, and then kind of re-create them for a storyline. I don't really care, but I do wonder. 

• Love 9
On 9/11/2017 at 2:34 PM, Former Nun said:

I didn't have stretch marks either...from pregnancies in 1966 and 1968.    I did, however, gain A LOT of weight after being on Prednisone for a few years.  The stretch marks started on my hips...and then some.

I feel your pain.Predison has weight on me as well as the sagging face and neck from the puff out and return. I wishI could have plastic surgery on that!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, sATL said:

Ahh.. Haa. I knew this day was coming..  they just showed a preview to the new competition to the Busby quints... "Harvey Half Dozen" ( 1 girl & 4 boys + big brother) premieres Tue 11/7. The dynamics of 5 boys total should be interesting.

I do give the Busby's at least a couple more seasons.. but as soon as the little darlings get school age... we'll see.

there's a couple about an hour away from me that are having sextuplets. They have 3 boys, oldest is 8, twin 4 year olds and now 6 more. During the reveal the first 3 were boys, the last 3 girls :) I keep wondering if some show will pick them up.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

Does anyone know what colleges Adam and Danielle attended...and their degrees?    Or did they?

There are no colleges listed for either one of them on LinkedIn, just work experience. Doesn't look like she's updated hers in awhile.

The quints and Blayke are so cute.  They make me laugh.   If Danielle has help and didn’t show it, I am guessing that was TLC’s decision.  Like someone else posted here, she is not afraid to ask family for help and they always show that.  Plus, I am not sure how much of the “drama” on this show is producer-driven.  Quite a bit I would guess.    Adam is a bit dramatic and Danielle is a bit strong willed, but they seem to care about each other and their kids and unless  I see something outside the show where either of them act like either of the Gosslins, I am going to continue to root for this family!

• Love 6

fyi. from http://www.intouchweekly.com.tapicka.com/posts/rush-cycle-busby-140688

"Luckily, although since Hurricane Harvey ripped through the southern coast of Texas last week, there is no damage to the studio. Adam tweeted, "No flooding at the studio. We had a little rain that blew under the doors." We also know that their house has been minimally impacted thus far. “Luckily we’re in a two-story house — we can always go up,” Adam said about their home in a Facebook live video. “We have power, we have Internet. Our spirits are high, our hearts are heavy for the people that haven’t fared so well in this area and around the state of Texas"

• Love 2

Just looked at their studio's website. They need a good copyeditor. "Amenities" only has one "m" for starters....and usually you want your headings to be consistent in the phrasing (all actionable verbs or all nouns, for example, like "Find Us" instead of "Location" since the others are actionable). I know I'm being picky (I'm a writer and communications specialist), but this is a business and they should care what they put out there.

Edited to add that I assume this is the template that the higher up franchise owner uses for all their locations. But their webmaster should still have an editor.

Edited by Eureka
  • Love 5

The created drama of the cycle place opening was so dumb.  "Hey we open in a week, let's have a meeting to discuss who we should hire.  Hey I want to work here.  Wait did I never mention that before?"

The hot dogs on the ground and the licking the ketchup bowls was super funny.

My daughter is a ketchup fanatic. She  used to have some serious sensory issues with food, and gagging, and wouldn't eat hardly anything. So IF ketchup was on the table for dinner, we'd actually give her a small dollop to eat with a spoon. It's veggies, right? Now that she's older we still do that, but she tries to get sneaky and ask for more, "for her meat". Her dad will fall for that shit, but not me. You have to show me that you're eating the meat first, or I ain't giving in! 

So yea, I related to the ketchup thing. 

As for their cycle studio, I wonder how it's doing now. I looked it up online and one thing I noticed - their hours seem to be all over the place. Every day it's almost a different setup. I think that would be super confusing for patrons to remember. "What time do they close on Wednesdays again??"

Loved more of the quints this epi and less of Adam and his depressing depression. The quints are so stinkin' cute now that they're talking.

Re using the scissors to cut up the hot dogs, I've seen them used to cut up poultry and started using them myself to cut ribs apart. Super easy.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, tobeannounced said:

Loved more of the quints this epi and less of Adam and his depressing depression. The quints are so stinkin' cute now that they're talking.

Re using the scissors to cut up the hot dogs, I've seen them used to cut up poultry and started using them myself to cut ribs apart. Super easy.

Yeah, I was just thinking "hey, maybe we're done with the depression arc" and then he brought it up. Sigh.

• Love 2
On 9/13/2017 at 8:24 AM, ghoulina said:

The quints were cracking me UP this episode. 

Best moment - Lulu bites Ava. Ava is crying and Adam is trying to figure out what happened. Ol Riley, who is usually the prime trouble maker, is quick to point out "Lulu bite Ava arm". So verbal! And just hilarious. Riley was QUICK to make sure no one thought SHE did it. Meanwhile, Lulu is hiding under the table. And then Riley tells her, "Time Out". Bahahahaha

I just love the dynamics between the girls. It was nice seeing that Riley isn't the only "bad" one. And, actually, she was the best one about helping daddy clean up. 

I totally related to Danielle and her desire to be at the cycle studio quite a bit. I've been a SAHM for almost 10 years. I also homeschool - so there's no, "The kids are all in school now, time to go back to work!" I worked as a pharmacy tech before having kids and I really enjoyed the fast pace atmosphere, and solving problems. I don't brag about a lot, but I was good at my job. I was frequently complimented by my colleagues, customers, and bosses. At home, you don't get that validation. Yea, I know my husband and kids love me - but there's no tangible proof I'm doing a good job. So I really really related to everything she was saying. 

I'm glad Adam came around. But he always comes around. So I often think they have these discussions privately, and then kind of re-create them for a storyline. I don't really care, but I do wonder. 

The quints cracked me up too, especially Riley making sure no one thought she was the biter.  I don't know if anyone caught her saying "No Ma'am" after she said "Time Out"   Totalling channeling Danielle!!!

Edited by Koalagirl
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

The quints cracked me up too, especially Riley making sure no one thought she was the biter.  I don't know if anyone caught her saying "No Ma'am" after she said "Time Out"   Totalling channeling Danielle!!!

I did! The "no ma'am" was super cute as well. I just love that the quints are getting more verbal. It's a lot of fun to watch. 

• Love 10