Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

the same way Collin Gosselin reacted to Kate...Danielle is exhibiting a lot of Kate in my opinion & the way she talks to Adam is a lot of how Kate did Jon. What is up with these women not wanting their husbands to work. 

Seriously, do none of these people worry about health insurance, if nothing else?  If you have 6 kids, the odds are that ONE of them will have some kind of health issue, especially when you already know that one of them already has eye problems.  Do they just not believe that people can literally go bankrupt from a medical problem, even when the DO have insurance.  Having 2 kids with Crohn's, this issue literally keeps me up at night.

• Love 6

My guess is (I have nothing to base this on but a guess) is the people that 'hired' him are the ones that he's been producing all kinds of online commercials for, starring the the quints.    That was even before he 'quit' the job with Nick and Dale (My guess is he got a severance package, not just quit).    I bet he went to work for them a long time ago, since it's a different industry than the one he was in with the brothers-in-law, and that gave them benefits, without competing with the previous company, that was absorbed into the other company that bought them, or merged with them.   

If nothing else the Busbys could have shelled out a bundle for COBRA, or maybe health insurance was part of the severance package for a certain period.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

Seriously, do none of these people worry about health insurance, if nothing else?  If you have 6 kids, the odds are that ONE of them will have some kind of health issue, especially when you already know that one of them already has eye problems.  Do they just not believe that people can literally go bankrupt from a medical problem, even when the DO have insurance.  Having 2 kids with Crohn's, this issue literally keeps me up at night.

When you work a certain number of hours on TV, you are eligible for insurance through the Screen Actors' Guild.

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

Reality TV stars are not SAG members.

Reality TV people are considered self-employed contractors. They basically just get salaries for the shows and whatever perks(vacations) are on the shows. They don't get residuals. The children don't get the same protections as child actors do involving money and how they are treated on set. Children in any states other than NY or CA don't get anything. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1

When you work a certain number of hours on TV, you are eligible for insurance through the Screen Actors' Guild.

As others have said, people on reality shows are not eligible for SAG membership or benefits.  They don't have the protections about working conditions that SAG projects have (limits on hours, meal period requirements, schooling for minors, etc.).  Even SAG members have to work a certain amount to be eligible for the health insurance.  And once a reality show is taped, the network can air it 24 hours a day and the people on the show don't get another dime.  So after the show ends, that's it.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Disney Cruise:  first, I've known families who have done this cruise.  Yes,  they loved the experience,  but said it was nothing like shown. The Princess makeovers the girls received are $200.00 each!  They said the fact that they got all of the girls in at the same time is amazing,  one friend wanted to book her 2 daughters for the makeover minus the gowns,  which IIRC, they said was around $75.00.  But,  they could not get the girls in together,  not even close time wise.   They were never given the option for a private meeting where the princess came to them,  they could buy a ticket to group meet and greet.  

I've seen more than once the camera panning in on one of the girls picking her nose then putting her finger in her mouth.  This is horrible they are showing this.  I don't ever remember hearing ther parents stop her,  one of them had actually commented at one time "she's really digging for gold! " and they all laughed.  These poor kids.

I use to kind of enjoy this family but cannot handle them anymore.  I really dislike the parents.  I feel sorry for the extended families because their roles are strictly for the Busby clan,  I've seen very little interaction with their own kids.  

I still cannot figure out how the dad can rate as professional producer just because he videos his girls running around.  A real professional would never take him seriously.  

• Love 12
17 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

Disney Cruise:  first, I've known families who have done this cruise.  Yes,  they loved the experience,  but said it was nothing like shown. The Princess makeovers the girls received are $200.00 each!  They said the fact that they got all of the girls in at the same time is amazing,  one friend wanted to book her 2 daughters for the makeover minus the gowns,  which IIRC, they said was around $75.00.  But,  they could not get the girls in together,  not even close time wise.   They were never given the option for a private meeting where the princess came to them,  they could buy a ticket to group meet and greet.  

I've seen more than once the camera panning in on one of the girls picking her nose then putting her finger in her mouth.  This is horrible they are showing this.  I don't ever remember hearing ther parents stop her,  one of them had actually commented at one time "she's really digging for gold! " and they all laughed.  These poor kids.

I use to kind of enjoy this family but cannot handle them anymore.  I really dislike the parents.  I feel sorry for the extended families because their roles are strictly for the Busby clan,  I've seen very little interaction with their own kids.  

I still cannot figure out how the dad can rate as professional producer just because he videos his girls running around.  A real professional would never take him seriously.  

I followed Dale for a while on Instagram and he was very loving with his kids. I get the sense that Danielle’s sisters just aren’t willing to sell their kids’ privacy so easily as she is, rather than that they don’t spend much time with their own kids. 

• Love 8
On 8/5/2019 at 4:47 AM, readheaded said:

I followed Dale for a while on Instagram and he was very loving with his kids. I get the sense that Danielle’s sisters just aren’t willing to sell their kids’ privacy so easily as she is, rather than that they don’t spend much time with their own kids. 

I was wondering about that, too.  The sisters and their husbands are so good with the kids, and you do often see their kids in the back ground and playing with Blayke.  My guess has always been that they are ok with being on tv, themselves, but that they would prefer that their own children not be highlighted.

• Love 4
On 8/1/2019 at 10:45 PM, Ziggy said:

If Parker really does have anxiety, it should be addressed. 

Should be addressed, sure.  But on camera, no.  

On 8/1/2019 at 12:32 PM, janey99 said:

Also, do he and his wife attend events only to be extra hand holders/wranglers of the quints, thus not engaging with their OWN children at these events?  How do their kids feel that they are always second class citizens at fun activities because their parents' role is to engage with someone else's kids?

I wondered the same.  These poor kids are always playing second fiddle...sorry third fiddle to the quints (1st), then Blayke (2nd). I feel bad for them.  

They are very close to being much like Kate & Jon.  Much like Jon with the babysitter, it wouldn't surprise me one day to hear of Adam doing something similar.  Something just doesn't seem right with him and I can't put my finger on it. 

• Love 6

Look, it's the older kids! Is it just me, or has little Bronson not had teeth for months? The episodes we saw this season were filmed a while ago, right? He looked like he was missing his two front teeth in most/all of them, and in this photo, which is presumably new, the teeth still look MIA. They're all adorable, though.

Ole Buzz (and, Danielle, apparently - - mightily a grinnin’ in that Target🎯 Commercial) sure know how to utilize child-family-members in order to make a buck or two or three or...

Edited by BookElitist
Wonky iPAD functions Can’t undo the horizontal lines
  • Love 5
On 8/1/2019 at 5:30 AM, Whyyouneedaname said:

What if the kids don't want to do this, then both Danielle & Adam will have to go back to work, how would she (Danielle) handle that?? 

Honestly knowing how expensive daycare is for one child at a time much less 5 I don't think they could both go back unless Mimi chose to live nearby and agreed to take them when needed but I don't think she'd ever agree to that. 

• Love 1

New to the forum.  Have been binge watching Outdaughtered and thoroughly enjoying the family's adventures.  Can relate to several instances as I have a 2 1/2 yr. old granddaughter.  My daughter finds it like herding cats to get Hank and Hazel out of the house.  A couple things from my perspective: (1)  The family isn't selling out their children for monetary gain.  There is a natural curiosity about babies all the same age and how the family functions.  Danielle is a doll and her patience and mature way of guiding (discipline) the girls is commendable.  Of course they will get endorsements.  The children are darling and dress adorable.  (2)  Too much concern on how the Busby's afford their lifestyle.  Not your business.  The family is under no obligation to provide financial records or deals made with organizations.  (3)  Why is it an issue with many on this forum the focus is on the quints?  If this was on Animal Planet, the focus would be on the dog.  Good grief.  (4)  I don't know how it is in your family, but we label.  Hank is the quiet, more solitary child.  He loves to go in his room, read, play Minecraft and build objects.  Hazel is a hurricane.  She is loud, full of sass, more outgoing, and more vocal.  Hazel is disciplined in a different way than Hank as she is stronger willed.  The Busby's are joking and stating obvious traits about their children.  Surely we are all smart enough to know when they call Riley 'bad' it is synonymous for her being the one who gets into things first.  One another note, Mimi confuses me.  Her daughters/son-in-laws do so much for her, yet it continues to not be enough.  She is always crying and easily toppled, with the girls taking on the role as the parent.  Not attending her birthday party, late for the photo shoot, and Christmas is just plain selfish.  The jury is still out on her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Madison59 said:

New to the forum.  Have been binge watching Outdaughtered and thoroughly enjoying the family's adventures.  Can relate to several instances as I have a 2 1/2 yr. old granddaughter.  My daughter finds it like herding cats to get Hank and Hazel out of the house.  A couple things from my perspective: (1)  The family isn't selling out their children for monetary gain.  There is a natural curiosity about babies all the same age and how the family functions.  Danielle is a doll and her patience and mature way of guiding (discipline) the girls is commendable.  Of course they will get endorsements.  The children are darling and dress adorable.  (2)  Too much concern on how the Busby's afford their lifestyle.  Not your business.  The family is under no obligation to provide financial records or deals made with organizations.  (3)  Why is it an issue with many on this forum the focus is on the quints?  If this was on Animal Planet, the focus would be on the dog.  Good grief.  (4)  I don't know how it is in your family, but we label.  Hank is the quiet, more solitary child.  He loves to go in his room, read, play Minecraft and build objects.  Hazel is a hurricane.  She is loud, full of sass, more outgoing, and more vocal.  Hazel is disciplined in a different way than Hank as she is stronger willed.  The Busby's are joking and stating obvious traits about their children.  Surely we are all smart enough to know when they call Riley 'bad' it is synonymous for her being the one who gets into things first.  One another note, Mimi confuses me.  Her daughters/son-in-laws do so much for her, yet it continues to not be enough.  She is always crying and easily toppled, with the girls taking on the role as the parent.  Not attending her birthday party, late for the photo shoot, and Christmas is just plain selfish.  The jury is still out on her. 

They are on a reality show so people get curious and ask questions. No one ever said it was their business. I'm sure the Busby's can care less about our curiosities. They are a great family living their best life.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Riley's in Kindergarten! 

Interesting that Riley is going to kindergarten. I think it's good that they've seen she needs a challenge, and hope it's at their elementary school and not their preschool. She had to have tested off the charts though, since most of the time they test in kids who miss the cut off date by a few days or weeks, not by half a year.

Edited by Eureka
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Riley's in Kindergarten! 

That's great for Riley.  

And good on her parents for putting her individual needs first and letting her separate from the pack in this instance.  I agree she must have tested off the charts as she's not even 4 and a half right? Their birthday was in April if I'm not mistaken.

• Love 9

I’m happy for Riley, but I’m almost positive this kindergarten is at their preschool. My kids are in the same school district as the Busbys (it’s quite large.) They have a zero exception kindergarten age requirement. 5 years old by September 1st of the kindergarten school year. 

The only way to get around this is to enroll your child in a private kindergarten AND 1st grade. So if you do private Kinder and then try to jump them ahead to first grade in their actual kinder year, the school won’t allow it. Once they have completed a private 1st grade year, the public school will place them in 2nd. I’ve known several families who have done private kinder for daycare reasons, and then their child repeats kindergarten at the public school. (Blayke is definitely in public school.)

The preschool that the Busbys attend only has kindergarten, not first grade. I’ll be interested to see what education decisions they make for Riley after this year. If she really is that advanced, I hope they don’t bore her to death by making her repeat kinder. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 4

Good for Riley!!  And good on her parents for letting her be her own person and recognizing her individual needs.  I'm sure, however, this provided great new fodder for Adam's endless agonizing over any of the quints moving ahead of the others.  Also sure we'll be treated to TH after TH of Adam's wide-eyed angst about it next season.... Woot.

And wow... Blayke looks exactly like Danielle. Totally her "mini-me."  A truly lovely photo of 6 adorable little girls - all different and all beautiful, IMHO!

• Love 8
On 8/19/2019 at 2:11 PM, MissT said:

All the girls are beautiful, but I think Hazel totally stands out as the prettiest.  JMO of course.  Blayke looks very grown up. 

I think Riley is the prettiest of them all.

Danielle has been quite bitchy this season.  I’m starting to feel sorry for Adam.

I really like MiMi.  Her kids are so disrespectful to her.

I was watching the Disney episode with my 6 and 3 year old granddaughters because we went on a Disney Cruise last year. We all felt sorry for Blayke crying about getting on that ride.  Glad she enjoyed it because I detest forcing children into scary situations that don’t make a bit of difference in life.

Danielle looks nothing like her sisters.  They are both so good to her.

• Love 8
On 8/19/2019 at 2:11 PM, MissT said:

All the girls are beautiful, but I think Hazel totally stands out as the prettiest.  JMO of course.  Blayke looks very grown up. 

I actually think Hazel is the least attractive.  I think Riley is the cutest by far, in both appearance and behavior, and Olivia and Ava are beautiful.  Parker looks like an athlete-to be.

Blayke is sweet, and seems to be doing ok, though I would not be surprised is she grows up with issues around confidence and self-esteem, for obvious reasons.

• Love 7
On 8/19/2019 at 3:19 PM, Eureka said:

Interesting that Riley is going to kindergarten. I think it's good that they've seen she needs a challenge, and hope it's at their elementary school and not their preschool. She had to have tested off the charts though, since most of the time they test in kids who miss the cut off date by a few days or weeks, not by half a year.

It's private kindergarten, at the same place where she attended preschool.

How are Ava and Olivia identical twins, but they have such a difference in height?

Ugh -- hate the staged drama of Adam having to run off to Dallas for work, Adam not pulling his weight in the household, Adam up and deciding to buy a puppy. Focus on the quints! Throw in some Blayke and her cousins. Add in a bit of Mimi and Uncle Dale for occasional zaniness. This is not rocket science TLC!

Meanwhile, Riley can read. Danielle and Adam are in big trouble.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, readheaded said:

That is terrible news.  Was anyone else somewhat taken aback that the show showed Adam seeking help from someone who wasn't actually a mental health professional to address his depression?  

and obviously didn't have a handle on his own demons.

26 minutes ago, readheaded said:

That is terrible news.  Was anyone else somewhat taken aback that the show showed Adam seeking help from someone who wasn't actually a mental health professional to address his depression?  

Adam said in his IG post that the pastor sought him out which was different from what was shown on the show.

My heart is so broken... In one of the darkest and most confusing times of my life, Jarrid Wilson sought me out. When i pushed him away and ignored his persistent attempts to help, he stayed right there and wouldn’t be defeated. God used you as His Hands and Feet as you walked with me through getting help with my depression. 

• Useful 2
27 minutes ago, druzy said:

Adam said in his IG post that the pastor sought him out which was different from what was shown on the show.

There was also the issue of them both being in different states, hundreds of miles away from each other.  I thought that part was odd too.  I was surprised that Adam even had the time to drive and meet with him considering everything else going on in his life and why he didn't just find a local therapist.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, readheaded said:

We did discuss it here at the time. I don't think I realized he ran a mega church though.

• Love 2

"Hours before his own death, beloved pastor Jarrid Wilson officiated a funeral for a woman, who also died by suicide. Jarrid shared the news with his followers on Monday at 11:01 a.m. writing, 'Officiating a funeral for a Jesus-loving woman who took her own life today.' "

From People.com

Suicide is selfish.  His poor wife now has to pick up the pieces, and raise those 2 boys by herself.