Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

I think I'm an old cynic but I found myself basically delighted with this episode, even with the egregious Disney placement (obv). Hazel saying "this is my bed" and then whispering it again; I cracked up. Blayke pushed through her fears and my youngest is similar to her so I was glad to see it was "the best day of her life". They all seemed appreciative and I thought it was all very sweet. Dale and Hazel arguing about the splash pad was great. Adam didn't bother me much and I just thought it was nice all around. I'd get a free(ish) vacation for my whole family too if I could! I guess I'm a softie now /shrug

• Love 17

I love a good vacay episode, especially Disney. Even though they obviously got VIP treatment. 

But it I’ll never in a million years believe that Adam was offered that job, nor that he’d accept it if he was. #fakefakefake 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

But it I’ll never in a million years believe that Adam was offered that job, nor that he’d accept it if he was. #fakefakefake 

I agree. Why would that company offer him a partnership after he made one video for them. Now that I think about it, I’m not even convinced he produced the video. They just needed a cliffhanger or “cliffhanger”.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

This episode did not have to be 2 hours. I could have done without Adam's fake angst about moving to Dallas.

I was surprised that the girls weren't more excited about their Disney princess makeovers, but then I thought girls that age really like playing dress-up, but they like choosing their own costumes.

I'm glad that the little girls weren't scared or overwhelmed by the presence of the Disney characters. That's a big step for them.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

.I can't take it anymore.  I might check around here to read comments, but, I think I'm done with it. 

I think I may be done, too. I couldn't make it through the two hour commercial for Disney Cruise Line.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Maya said:

Poor Parker. In this family, being an introvert means there’s something wrong with you and you need to be fixed. 

Blake (sorry, I refuse to misspell it the way they do) didn't get labeled with anxiety when she was scared to try the water slide. If Parker really had an anxiety disorder, she would be freaking out at times that weren't logical for the situation. Such as, instead of crying on stage at the "pageant," she would have all of a sudden started screaming on the car ride home when she started thinking about what might have gone wrong but didn't.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Maya said:

I agree. Why would that company offer him a partnership after he made one video for them. Now that I think about it, I’m not even convinced he produced the video. They just needed a cliffhanger or “cliffhanger”.

I think it may be a start-up company that can't afford to pay him, so they offered him a piece of the company instead. They want the quints to keep doing ads for them. Adam thinks he's landed his Big Client (translation: selling his children again. I doubt TLC would allow that when he's under contract with them).

• Love 4
15 hours ago, GoldDustWoman. said:

Parker's anxiety already seems like a bother to them... Not because she has it but because this means that she's somehow unable to keep up with her sisters. Instead of adapting to Parker, and helping her along, they expect her to adapt.

I still think it is more about competition. When she saw that none of her sisters would do yoga, she had no problem participating. It is only when she doesn't think she will be the best at it that she decides not to participate.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

I enjoyed the general adorableness, but could have done without the grownups-only conversations. Well, except for the bros discussion. That was the right amount of serious talk and humor. 

Specific cuteness:

- Hazel's shock-and-awe expression when she pulled her bucket away and saw the start of a sand castle - magic!

- Parker snuggling with her fave, Cinderella

- Riley enumerating every single hug she gave the characters and gleefully stating that she kissed Mickey on the cheek 

- Ava and Olivia ordering beverages like champs - they're three!

- Everyone wanting to go potty at once

- The kids' reactions to the turtle from Finding Nemo (what's his name?) interacting with their parents and big sister - Disney really does an amazing job catering to every age group

Regarding Hazel, my heart dropped when she told Adam she couldn't see without her glasses. Adults are prone to saying things like, "I'm blind without my glasses," but that's hyperbole. Kids Hazel's age typically don't say things like that unless they mean it. I wear glasses for nearsightedness and astigmatism and can still easily see and correctly identify objects in my vicinity, even though things start to get blurry a mere foot away from my eyes.

Even with her glasses, Hazel seemed to have trouble understanding what was happening on stage. Maybe it was the low lighting in the theater because she seemed fine during the opening party, when she was able to pick out the different characters. Of course, it was sunny, the characters are huge, and they were near the front. She also had trouble distinguishing between letters during the pre-school evals. And she's choosing to sit up front in class, too. Concerning, for sure. 

• Love 9
On 7/18/2019 at 9:20 PM, Grams said:

The show was cute for a while, but it's rapidly becoming annoying.  

All Hazel all the time.  Too much Hazel.  Also, what's with the uncle coming right out and saying Hazel is his favorite?

Riley and Parker get some time, but we never hear about Ava or Olivia.

Also, how can this family afford the lifestyle we are shown?

Huge home, tons of clothes, and that vacation to Hawaii must have cost $50K.  

Real American families don't live like this one.

I agree that the show was cute for a while. What I watch for is the outfits. Do they ever say what company provides them?

And I'm sure this has been said before over the past 4 years, and I'm new to this board, but I have to say that I cannot stand the constant crying and screaming. Are they encouraged? Because no one goes over to comfort them or tries to get them to stop. They're just left alone to scream. I've had kids. I have grand kids same age as these girls. They almost never cry unless there is something wrong. How can there possibly be so much to frickin' cry about? So like another poster, I'll mute the sound.

• Love 8
(edited)
18 minutes ago, ChattyKathy1234 said:

I agree that the show was cute for a while. What I watch for is the outfits. Do they ever say what company provides them?

And I'm sure this has been said before over the past 4 years, and I'm new to this board, but I have to say that I cannot stand the constant crying and screaming. Are they encouraged? Because no one goes over to comfort them or tries to get them to stop. They're just left alone to scream. I've had kids. I have grand kids same age as these girls. They almost never cry unless there is something wrong. How can there possibly be so much to frickin' cry about? So like another poster, I'll mute the sound.

I think Matilda Jane is the company that provides the Busby girls with their outfits. Zulily always features their sales.

I definitely think they are asked to cry and scream on cue. Also, last week Parker's crying was edited in and she was probably told to hide under the bed.

Next week is the season finale. Was this a short season compared to others?

Edited by druzy
1 hour ago, freebie said:

- The kids' reactions to the turtle from Finding Nemo (what's his name?) interacting with their parents and big sister - Disney really does an amazing job catering to every age group

Crush, dude! 🙂

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

Hazel is Dale's favorite, because she's the first quint he held, and he's still close to her.    

Don't worry about the Busby's paying for trips.    I'm sure every single trip they've taken has either been paid for by a TV show (the Today show trips for example).   The others are paid by the airlines, or cruise line, and rooms, and activities were paid for by Disney, or the Hawaii resort, or tourism board, or someone trying to promote their destination.    Think of how many people signed up for Disney cruises after watching this 2 hour promotion for Disney.    

I also bet that the personal vacations the Busby's take as a couple are comped in return for publicity.    Some of the resorts also comp the organizer's hotel expenses if they have enough other customers in their group that paid full price.   

I don't think they're very much the Busbys wear, eat, or any where they go to that isn't sponsored by some company.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

Wow, that episode was close to being unwatchable.

First, I have always tuned in to see the little ones, that goes without saying for most fans.  Last night, however, all we got was endless dialogue between Adam and Danielle, ad nauseam.  And, seriously, could someone please tell Danielle that not every sentence has to contain the words "I mean …" and "like", repeated over and over again.

Second, there is no way the Busby experience aboard the Disney Cruise Ship was even close to being typical.  Did they  buy out the entire ship?  Just seeing and possibly meeting the characters even once is a huge challenge for most families.  Yet the Busbys seemed to have them at their disposal all the time.  And being able to spend time with them privately on a beach alone?  Seriously?  Then there was the walk/talk between Danielle and Adam along the deck where not another person was in sight!  People save up for years to take their children on a Disney Cruise, and their experience, while it may be fun, in no way resembles the high end, elitist vacation that the Busby family had.

And as far as the offer to be "partner" given to Adam after one shoot, that is simply ridiculous, and even insulting to people who work years within a company to qualify for such an offer.

As I said, almost unwatchable.

Edited by Grams
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, mmecorday said:

I was surprised that the girls weren't more excited about their Disney princess makeovers, but then I thought girls that age really like playing dress-up, but they like choosing their own costumes.

I also didn't think they reacted as positively as I thought they would. 

This is very 'nit picky' I know and I assume that all girls get the same treatment when they have the dress up with princesses package, but I did not like how their hair was done.  I know it made them all look the same, but with it pulled into the bun on top of their heads they almost looked scalped.  I wish they could have had some waves or curls or such.  Obviously not a big deal, but different hair would have made the total princess package look better.  

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, freeser said:

I also didn't think they reacted as positively as I thought they would. 

This is very 'nit picky' I know and I assume that all girls get the same treatment when they have the dress up with princesses package, but I did not like how their hair was done.  I know it made them all look the same, but with it pulled into the bun on top of their heads they almost looked scalped.  I wish they could have had some waves or curls or such.  Obviously not a big deal, but different hair would have made the total princess package look better.  

The top bun pulled tight is the standard hairdo you get from the fairy godmothers. I agree it looks uncomfortable. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, eel21788 said:

I think it may be a start-up company that can't afford to pay him, so they offered him a piece of the company instead. They want the quints to keep doing ads for them. Adam thinks he's landed his Big Client (translation: selling his children again. I doubt TLC would allow that when he's under contract with them).

Ha, that's what I thought. Partner = potentially unlimited liability and no guaranteed pay. Good deal. There's definitely a piece of the puzzle missing.

I fell asleep partway through, but they already had me on the Disney Cruise website before they even got on the ship lol. I'm always impressed by effective marketing techniques.

• Love 1

Wow, Danielle could not hide her disdain for Riley. It seemed like she hated the girl. Maybe if she gave Riley some positive attention, perhaps spend some time chatting with her while swinging in a hammock, Danielle might notice a change in Riley's behavior. I felt so bad for that girl with the negative attitude her mother directed towards her. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Hazel is Dale's favorite, because she's the first quint he held, and he's still close to her.    

Don't worry about the Busby's paying for trips.    I'm sure every single trip they've taken has either been paid for by a TV show (the Today show trips for example).   The others are paid by the airlines, or cruise line, and rooms, and activities were paid for by Disney, or the Hawaii resort, or tourism board, or someone trying to promote their destination.    Think of how many people signed up for Disney cruises after watching this 2 hour promotion for Disney.    

I agree that’s probably the case for all the on-camera trips, but Adam and Danielle go on a bunch of other trips that aren’t on-camera. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, SDVegas said:

Wow, Danielle could not hide her disdain for Riley. It seemed like she hated the girl. Maybe if she gave Riley some positive attention, perhaps spend some time chatting with her while swinging in a hammock, Danielle might notice a change in Riley's behavior. I felt so bad for that girl with the negative attitude her mother directed towards her. 

My AC’s broken, so I wasn’t sleeping great and had TLC on overnight while I was dozing.  I heard Adam and Danielle talking about Riley and thought I was maybe not hearing it right (like maybe I was half-dreaming) because of the vitriol.  I’d guess that every parent feels extreme irritation and maybe resentment toward their children every once in a while (if I’m being real, I definitely have), but those are the thoughts you keep to yourself until they pass and/or you can figure them out and change course.  It breaks my heart that Adam and Danielle have so often and explicitly been negative specifically about Riley on camera.  In the back of my mind when they do that, I’m thinking that Riley’s probably just thinking to herself that she can’t wait to get away from her idiot parents.  Too bad for them and her that she’s very bright and might have needs that go beyond their ability to address them.   

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Too bad for them and her that she’s very bright and might have needs that go beyond their ability to address them.   

This is the problem.  Riley is probably gifted intellectually and her needs are not being met.    She is most likely bored most of the time.  Danielle did say that she didn't know how to parent her, so maybe she'll figure it out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Think of how many people signed up for Disney cruises after watching this 2 hour promotion for Disney. 

We went on one last year.  It cost more than our wedding (we got married in Vegas).  My husband, who dislikes everything, talks about it every day.  It really was a blast and our kid loved it too.  It's worth saving your pennies for.  

• Love 5

I agree that’s probably the case for all the on-camera trips, but Adam and Danielle go on a bunch of other trips that aren’t on-camera. 

Even on the trips that aren't televised, they probably get at least a big break.  I don't follow them on social media, but if they mention the name of the resort, airline, restaurant, etc., they're doing it for compensation.  I know people who have fewer followers who get free products just for mentioning them.

I think the girls were less than thrilled with their makeovers because it probably took a long time, at that age it's not particularly fun to have someone pulling at your hair, and there were cameras in their faces.  I think the filming must exhaust them.  I'm glad I wasn't on that cruise.  I'd be willing to bet that other passengers were inconvenienced by the Busbee Express.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/25/2019 at 8:00 AM, luvbadtv said:

This is the problem.  Riley is probably gifted intellectually and her needs are not being met.    She is most likely bored most of the time.  Danielle did say that she didn't know how to parent her, so maybe she'll figure it out.

Surely let's hope  danielle is gifted enough to ask someone (the preschool teacher seems to-know-it-all) , scan the ins website for another Occupational Therapist (that seems to be their go-to-of-professionals), buy a book, search Google,  YouTube..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1

Just watched the end of the show, and saw Danielle jump onto Adam's back while in their swim suits. I was so hoping he would crash to the ground, but he managed to stagger into the water with her.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I had to laugh at the magazine articles just published about the Busbys.     The writer used their old Linked In postings saying that they were both still employed, and in Danielle's case, at a job she left during her pregnancy, so over four years ago.      They also talked about their rental, and mold houses like it just happened, instead of last year.      Pathetic example of reporting, and probably didn't include any interviews or statements by the Busbys at all.    

5 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I had to laugh at the magazine articles just published about the Busbys.     The writer used their old Linked In postings saying that they were both still employed, and in Danielle's case, at a job she left during her pregnancy, so over four years ago.      They also talked about their rental, and mold houses like it just happened, instead of last year.      Pathetic example of reporting, and probably didn't include any interviews or statements by the Busbys at all.    

Wow. So much for researching their subjects. 

On 7/14/2019 at 6:26 PM, readheaded said:

I'm all for parents getting some time away from their kids, but these 2 take it to a whole new level.  If this season's any indication, their kids need them at home.

The very BEST thing that parents can do for their kids is to love each other, and nurture that love.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Honey said:

The very BEST thing that parents can do for their kids is to love each other, and nurture that love.

Agreed, but it shouldn't come at the cost of their children's privacy.

• Love 10
On 7/25/2019 at 10:01 AM, ccphilly said:

We went on one last year.  It cost more than our wedding (we got married in Vegas).  My husband, who dislikes everything, talks about it every day.  It really was a blast and our kid loved it too.  It's worth saving your pennies for.  

We're doing ours in September.  9 nights at Disney World, where we got a great deal on a 4 bedroom, 3 bath condo, a 7 night Disney cruise, and then 10 nights in the keys to just relax.  Almost 4 glorious weeks off, after working with NO days off since March.  It's going to be my 85 year old Mother (Disney World is her favorite place), me, my Daughter and my Grand-Daughter.  4 generations of just us girls.  It's been way too long since I've been to Disney World, so I just ate up this episode.  This is first Summer ever where I am not dreading the end of Summer.

I just love this show, and I've been watching since the first episode.  I think it's great that their vacations are comped let's face it, they probably would never be able to afford to take the girls away, if they weren't given to them for free.  I hope the show goes on for a long, long time.

Even with the whining, Riley is still my favorite.  Hazel and sourpuss Parker still really bug me.

• Love 3
On 7/25/2019 at 3:17 PM, camom said:

Even on the trips that aren't televised, they probably get at least a big break.  I don't follow them on social media, but if they mention the name of the resort, airline, restaurant, etc., they're doing it for compensation.  I know people who have fewer followers who get free products just for mentioning them.

I think the girls were less than thrilled with their makeovers because it probably took a long time, at that age it's not particularly fun to have someone pulling at your hair, and there were cameras in their faces.  I think the filming must exhaust them.  I'm glad I wasn't on that cruise.  I'd be willing to bet that other passengers were inconvenienced by the Busbee Express.

I wouldn't take that bet since Disney would never, ever inconvenience a guest.  They do things nearly flawlessly.  If anyone was inconvenienced, it would have been the camera crew.

10 hours ago, readheaded said:

Agreed, but it shouldn't come at the cost of their children's privacy.

I was referring to Danielle and Adam getting away to have some time together.  Doesn't have anything to do with the kids privacy.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Honey said:

We're doing ours in September.  9 nights at Disney World, where we got a great deal on a 4 bedroom, 3 bath condo, a 7 night Disney cruise, and then 10 nights in the keys to just relax.  Almost 4 glorious weeks off, after working with NO days off since March.  It's going to be my 85 year old Mother (Disney World is her favorite place), me, my Daughter and my Grand-Daughter.  4 generations of just us girls.  It's been way too long since I've been to Disney World, so I just ate up this episode.  This is first Summer ever where I am not dreading the end of Summer.

I just love this show, and I've been watching since the first episode.  I think it's great that their vacations are comped let's face it, they probably would never be able to afford to take the girls away, if they weren't given to them for free.  I hope the show goes on for a long, long time.

Even with the whining, Riley is still my favorite.  Hazel and sourpuss Parker still really bug me.

Your vacation sounds amazing @Honey! Have a wonderful time with your family 🙂 

• Love 2

I’m also bothered by this family constantly labeling their kids. I love the kids, but I’m so-so on the parents. So now Riley is the “whiny one” who is always throwing tantrums, which we did see tonight. This behavior seemed to come out of nowhere. Riley is a sharp cookie and I’m betting she saw Parker getting all kinds of attention for being “anxious” and decided to act out, too. As for Parker’s anxiety, she just seems shy. I can’t see how people constantly fussing over her about it is helping in any way. 

I hate how these parents always ask their kids, “Are you scared?” Great way to plant the idea in their head that they should be scared. One time I took my niece on a roller coaster when she was about seven. I don’t have kids, and I wanted to go on it, and I never really thought about if it would bother her. My sister and mom were horrified that I had taken her on it, but because I never acted scared or asked her if she was scared, she was just fine - she loved it, because nobody put the idea in her head that she shouldn’t.

I’m so tired of the trumped up “drama” about the parents. I don’t hate them but they just aren’t that interesting. Adam was never going to take that job - I don’t blame Danielle about putting her foot down about it. This isn’t an average family. They rely a lot on the support of their friends and family. 

I can barely remember what Ava and Olivia look like. It reminds me of grade school when the good kids basically got ignored.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Honey said:

I wouldn't take that bet since Disney would never, ever inconvenience a guest.  They do things nearly flawlessly.  If anyone was inconvenienced, it would have been the camera crew.

I was referring to Danielle and Adam getting away to have some time together.  Doesn't have anything to do with the kids privacy.

It does when the parents are using money they make from selling their kids' privacy in order to afford said vacations.  There are lots of ways for parents to get time together.

• Love 12

I have thought from the beginning of this show, that Hazel should be in a special school for kids with limited vision. It seems like her vision is getting worse, and now might be the time to start teaching her braille while she still has some vision left. Also begin to teach her ways to cope with her limited vision. If she couldn't see the stage at Disney World and is having trouble with her letters already, now is the time to do something?

• Love 1

I know that pretending is a big part of childhood and I'm all for imaginative play.  But we all know that these children are being told by their parents and other adults to do things just for the cameras.  Whether it's "Act like it's Christmas morning even though it isn't" or "Act surprised even though this is the 5th take of this scene," it's not them using their imaginations.  They're basically being told to be untruthful, yet are likely punished if they lie about other things.  They are at an age when they are figuring this stuff out.  Must be confusing for them.

• Love 11
(edited)
Spoiler

I'm hoping that Hazel's eyes aren't getting worse, my cynical view is that's one of the cliff hangers for this season, with another eye appointment crisis coming.   Just like the mold house, and what will happen is being drawn out too.    

I wonder if it ever occurred to Adam that having your entire career consist of doing product placements, and advertisements featuring his little kids is not going to last forever?    They're almost four, and the years that they can still be attractive to advertisers are limited.    That will also mean that the number of sponsored events, like fancy vacations will be over too.   I still can't believe the lousy reporting in the Good Housekeeping article, where they cited old Linked In posting for Adam and Danielle, and they were totally out of date. 

This whole selling of the quints is reminding me of the exploitation of the Dionne quintuplets, and those poor children ended up a side show.   They also ended up penniless as adults, because the money didn't end up with them either.  A couple of the surviving quints sued and actually received some money, but way too late. 

I wonder if everything is being financed by the income from the quints?   My guess is that it's all related to them.  I'm hoping there are at least substantial college funds for the girls, and Blayke. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 7/27/2019 at 5:17 PM, readheaded said:

It does when the parents are using money they make from selling their kids' privacy in order to afford said vacations.  There are lots of ways for parents to get time together.

Kind of a stretch....but okay.

On 7/24/2019 at 7:36 PM, Grams said:

Wow, that episode was close to being unwatchable.

Second, there is no way the Busby experience aboard the Disney Cruise Ship was even close to being typical.  Did they  buy out the entire ship?  Just seeing and possibly meeting the characters even once is a huge challenge for most families.  Yet the Busbys seemed to have them at their disposal all the time.  And being able to spend time with them privately on a beach alone?  Seriously?  Then there was the walk/talk between Danielle and Adam along the deck where not another person was in sight!  People save up for years to take their children on a Disney Cruise, and their experience, while it may be fun, in no way resembles the high end, elitist vacation that the Busby family had.

This is my last season.  I can't watch these people being treated like celebrities, while some families can only dream of this type of trip.  I wish the Busby's would give back to the community a little.  It would be nice to see a military family get this kind of trip. 

On 7/25/2019 at 2:17 PM, camom said:

I was wondering the same, how many were inconvenienced.  I remember taking my kids to both Disneyland/World when they were toddlers and we were able to meet a few characters but had to stand in line forever.  These people had characters coming just for them. When they walked in like it was the red carpet just for them, I was wondering if everyone gets the same treatment?  

I ended up shutting it off halfway through (I continued the next day, I felt like I was watching someones boring vacation slideshow, plus just the whole spoiled nature of everyone) I just couldn't believe how spoiled this family has gotten.  

And again, with the labels.  Parker is shy and they've already started sentences with "With Parker and her anxiety..."  "Hazel you can't see with your glasses off? Let's have a heated discussion about this..."

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

When they walked in like it was the red carpet just for them, I was wondering if everyone gets the same treatment?

Actually yes, when you board the cruise they announce you just as shown..

What they got as far as special treatment was basically VIP care: fast passes for characters and Aquaduck. Plus of course financial help, either from TLC and/or Disney.

Disney offers a lot of "upcharge" experiences these days. You don't have to be a celebrity but you do have to have money.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:12 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:
  Hide contents

This whole selling of the quints is reminding me of the exploitation of the Dionne quintuplets, and those poor children ended up a side show.  

For more than a decade, TLC casting has been nothing more than the modern-day equivalent of selling freaks to the circus: multiple births, conjoined twins, dwarfs, mermaids, bearded woman, morbidly obese, giants, etc.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I am so sorry.  Somehow I posted a full line of nonsense while reading this thread.

My cat likes to do that. Of course, he doesn't call it nonsense. He thinks it's important.

• LOL 7

Watching from the UK here. I had this same argument on The Little Couple thread not so long ago - I'm not trying to be rude, but why is it you (generally) don't teach children to say please and thank you in the US? It's something we notice all the time as we spend a fair amount of time in North America and we're always commenting on it. When Danielle was asking the girls to tell the waiting staff what they wanted to drink, not one of them said please and neither did she ask them to - our kids would get prompted to say it - you never ask without saying please, you never receive without saying thank you. Perhaps it's just a cultural thing that we find difficult to understand.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, gerry said:

Watching from the UK here. I had this same argument on The Little Couple thread not so long ago - I'm not trying to be rude, but why is it you (generally) don't teach children to say please and thank you in the US? It's something we notice all the time as we spend a fair amount of time in North America and we're always commenting on it. 

Some parents teach their kids manners and some don't. I appreciate the parents that do. 

• Love 16
16 hours ago, eel21788 said:

For more than a decade, TLC casting has been nothing more than the modern-day equivalent of selling freaks to the circus: multiple births, conjoined twins, dwarfs, mermaids, bearded woman, morbidly obese, giants, etc.

That's why I decided that TLC no longer stood for The Learning Channel. It stands for Totally Looney Caucasians.  You can take that as the subjects they broadcast, or as their target demographic. 

• LOL 3