Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

(edited)
21 hours ago, eel21788 said:

He used to have fun with them. Now he is beginning to resent how often they are imposed upon for free babysitting, and he's getting sick of it. I see this going the same way as the Jon Gosselin's family: It will eventually cause an estrangement between them.

Here's my 2-cents on Dale.

We all have beloved family members / friends who we call upon to : (1) have a good time - usually on the silly side and (2) to help out with items such as babysitting - which means sometimes means being the "adult" is required, as the children get older.

Sure it helps while the kids are younger, if it is the same person. But in reality, and I don't mean any harm - it is usually two different people. Some people are not good babysitters - and blood and/or marriage doesn't make them be good sitters.

If I want to sit back and watch a ball-game with a beer and play with a small number school-aged+ kids during a timeout/halftime - that is a Dale. Hell, he will gladly make the game-time eats.

If I want someone to watch Blayke (who was upstairs) and 5 preschoolers and tend 100% to their needs - that is NOT a Dale job. 

I thought it was a odd coincidence that his son came down with a fever at that exact moment.  If that was the case, yes, he should have switched with the sister  - he goes to his son and sister comes over to be with the Busby children. He even suggested it for them to switch.  I trust Dale can take temps, give meds and fluids. 

Taking a lesson-note from an older wise woman - If someone doesn't want to watch your kids - don't let them. Period. And that includes family.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 7
On 7/9/2019 at 6:47 PM, seasons said:

These people have never heard of online grocery shopping? They will deliver it right to your door. If Adam needs to keep the girls busy, there are plenty of other things to do. And they are having everyone over for Christmas Eve dinner with Danielle in that condition ? Please.

So utterly staged. Nobody else in the family could host Christmas Eve dinner? After months of having pain, Danielle chose to wait until 48 hours before Christmas before doing something about it? Sure. This was one of the lamest episodes, ever.

• Love 18
(edited)

When was the oral surgery? 2 days before Christmas in 2018- December 23?

If so my calendar has that was a Sunday...

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 5

Adam said he suffers from anxiety and depression and has his whole life. I thought he had post partum depression? Can you have two different kinds at the same time? If they didn't buy the cycle shop nor their first house, was almost all of last year's shows  lies then?

• Love 2
(edited)

RE: the festival of lights outing, held 3 days before Christmas - I didn't know the weather in Houston was that cold at night to dictate the quints in wool hats, coats and boots. But I have ties to the Midwest, so wearing cold weather gear means a little different to me. 🙂

from ( link ) - 

image.thumb.png.7b046507069429d5b1ee8aa7208ce703.png

Edited by sATL
On 7/13/2019 at 4:48 AM, sATL said:

RE: the festival of lights outing, held 3 days before Christmas - I didn't know the weather in Houston was that cold at night to dictate the quints in wool hats, coats and boots. But I have ties to the Midwest, so wearing cold weather gear means a little different to me. 🙂

from ( link ) - 

image.thumb.png.7b046507069429d5b1ee8aa7208ce703.png

This video was posted on February 28th in the new house. The Christmas tree is in the background. This isn't adding up.

image.png.5e26851cab96730c4e850b5508178791.png

• Love 2

Gosh look at Blayke's long and slender legs in the image above... I do hope Adam and Danielle has moved on from that basic/playtime gymnastics class and put in something that will showcase her features..

If she can do a basic floor routine to music that will look beautiful..

38 minutes ago, druzy said:

Adam and Danielle went to Mexico with a bunch of friends. From social media posts, it looks like they are having a good time.

I'm all for parents getting some time away from their kids, but these 2 take it to a whole new level.  If this season's any indication, their kids need them at home.

• Love 4

I actually think it's good that they were able to get away without the kids.  Their marriage seems strained a lot of the time (at least from what we see).  Getting away at least once a year can certainly help their relationship.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, readheaded said:

I'm all for parents getting some time away from their kids, but these 2 take it to a whole new level.  If this season's any indication, their kids need them at home.

8 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I actually think it's good that they were able to get away without the kids.  Their marriage seems strained a lot of the time (at least from what we see).  Getting away at least once a year can certainly help their relationship.

Sorry - gotta ask this question - who baby sat the " 6 kids " ?

• Love 5
13 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Getting away at least once a year can certainly help their relationship.

I agree, but they get away one a month it seems. 

I was cruising the TLC page on a post about OutDaughtered (damn they have a lot of fangirls) and saw thin-skinned Adam posting that people who say his kids are not well-behaved are insecure and trying to overcompensate for their not-so perfect lives.  If you're going to be on TV, be prepared for the backlash.  It just seemed petty of him to go after people stating their opinion.  

I realize this may not happen to everyone, but if Danielle really had her surgery for all 4 wisdom teeth, why wasn't she swollen?  I know when I had mine out, I looked like a chipmunk.  This show is getting so fake. 

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I realize this may not happen to everyone, but if Danielle really had her surgery for all 4 wisdom teeth, why wasn't she swollen?  I know when I had mine out, I looked like a chipmunk.  This show is getting so fake. 

Yeah, I didn't have any swelling when I had all four of mine out (and two were impacted). I also didn't wear the ice wrap thingy like she did so maybe that kept the swelling under control.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I agree, but they get away one a month it seems. 

I was cruising the TLC page on a post about OutDaughtered (damn they have a lot of fangirls) and saw thin-skinned Adam posting that people who say his kids are not well-behaved are insecure and trying to overcompensate for their not-so perfect lives.  If you're going to be on TV, be prepared for the backlash.  It just seemed petty of him to go after people stating their opinion.  

It could be that the girls are wonderfully behaved all the time we don’t see them on TV.  But, that raises the question for me about why parents would want the world to see some of their kids’ worst behavior on the regular.  I’m sorry, but they aren’t well behaved on the show.  As I said earlier in the thread, I don’t think that makes them terrible human beings destined for lives of crime, but it’s hard for me to respect parents who would allow their kids to be shown to the world in such a negative way in order to make money that’s obviously not for their bare necessities.  I might understand if they didn’t have enough money to feed the girls, but to pimp out their privacy in order to go on multiple vacations a year is crappy.  And, for the record, I’m no longer watching.  I see the commercials and that’s enough. 

• Love 12
On 7/15/2019 at 12:49 PM, readheaded said:

to pimp out their privacy in order to go on multiple vacations a year is crappy.  to get a job making commercials

Sorry but I feel that is what Dad is doing to his kids -if he didn't have the only set of girl quints in the US -he would not have been asked to do commercial...the company wanted the kids...ultimate pimping job

• Love 6
(edited)

Adam, if you want privacy in the office, lock the door.

If you want to help your daughter, then don't go on national TV with someone evaluating her.     Plus, talking about her,  and labeling her as someone with crippling anxiety isn't helping anything.   

Adam seemed disappointed that the OT didn't recommend further evaluation, or see some big issue.    Then when advised to tell her something like the commercial video filming is going to happen, they don't tell her.     I don't know why they took the little girl to the OT, if they weren't going to do what they were told to do to help her.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Not everybody wants to be the star, and performing on stage, so stop pushing a kid that obviously hates performing to do that.  

So Parker hides under bed --instead of wanting to run down the stairs....just let her sit in kitchen with mom and have other kids join her....stop making a production out of her shyness...Adam --you are putting your feelings into her...let her be shy 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, TMI said:

Why does Adam seem disappointed that Parker is not in need of therapy?

Weird, right? There’s something off about the guy.

Enough already with the “we must figure Parker out”.  So she doesn’t shriek Christmas carols on stage, on cue, so what? She’s a naturally shy kid in a pack of extroverted kids plus some uber extroverted adults. Frankly, it’s surprising that more of the quints aren’t reserved or wary. 

• Love 13
(edited)

A two hour special?    I'm not sure I'm going to watch this.       

I've also read that many researchers say that shyness is genetic, and not some behavior issue, or something to freak out about.     Just because they're quints, it doesn't mean that they're identical personalities.  

I think the relocation to Dallas is another story line, like last season's phony possible pregnancy story line was a plot point too.   There is zero possibility that anyone is moving to Dallas.    My guess is that if Adam gets the job, it will be a remote, work from home office job.  Probably doing all of the sponsor commercials he already does.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 8
(edited)

I haven’t watched the episode yet, but please don’t tell me that it hasn’t dawned on any of these people yet that Parker may be acting out to get attention. 

Edited by Maya
  • Love 7
Just now, Maya said:

it hasn’t dawned on any of these people that Parker may be acting out to get attention. 

Parker is a smart cookie....She has figured out that she gets  major one on one attention while the other quints wallow in the herd...

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, TMI said:

Parker is a smart cookie....She has figured out that she gets  major one on one attention while the other quints wallow in the herd...

Yep.  And it seems like Adam and Danielle may be equally as perplexed as to why Riley is acting out next week.  Parker and Riley.  The two who arguably get the least of the focus.  They aren't the oldest/first born, or a twin, and they haven't got any medical issue that requires special attention and outings that go along with those things.  I've always thought those two would have to find a way to get themselves some attention.  Riley demands it naturally with her bold, outgoing personality and Parker has figured out something that works for her.  

• Love 4

So next week is a two hour commercial for Disney. 

Yeah, pretty much. I'm surprised they even bother to blur product names anymore. "When I am having a quint-induced headache, I don't reach for just any pain reliever. I take Excedrin." "Hey, look! Mimi is here with some more of that delicious Papa Johns pizza!"

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, TMI said:

That may be the case. If she is shy, I can sympathize. It's not easy being around a bunch of extroverts.

• Love 6
(edited)

If a 3+ yr old (ie knocking on the door of age = 4) doesn't want to do something - wouldn't they just scream out "NO" (which starts at age 2+) , " I don't want to..", "I don't like to".. or employ that selective hearing (which goes until the teen years) with a standard answer "ok", "yes mom", I will later", I was going to", "not now" ....

Parker not saying anything (good ,bad or indifferent), is a little concerning... I know she just met the therapist but did she say anything, even if to Danielle or Adam, during the entire appointment? I would have guessed for her to say "I want to go " - in that repetitive chant that little ones do. 

You can't always give advance notice on what is or is not going to happen. What  happens when Adam isn't there to be her safety net  ?

I do hope Parker doesn't inherit any of Mimi's dizty issues -... Please.. no..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
(edited)

I would be cautious of a company would want to use my family as opposed to looking at my skills/qualifications for a job - ie they only want Adam b/c he has quints. the company-sponsor didn't seem to care that Blayke would be in school during the video. He really should have said up front - yes I have quints, and will film all 5 in our home, but it is possible that only 4 will be on stage at a convention hall center. Parker didn't need to go through that - pick your battles. From what I saw - I didn't understand the need for any of the kids to be at an all adult convention...

Is the full commercial online somewhere ?

RE: the possible job offer - why does the entire family need to be in Dallas? Adam's been working remotely all this time. If he needs to spend a day or two in Dallas, what's the issue ?  I'll bet Danielle will go if the two sister-families agree to go.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
On 7/3/2019 at 10:29 AM, Squirrely said:

What I want to know is why the children causing the messes aren't given scrub brushes and put to work cleaning up their messes? Or being made to put the clothes back in the closet? 

I agree, (but I do like time-outs for my own kids), The part that is really getting me down this season is how the kids are never checked when they demand items/ activities. If my kids were yelling at me, "Apple Juice!" I would pretend they did not exist until they asked me properly (after excusing themselves for interrupting my discussion with their father.) My oldest was similar to Riley with behaviour (and intelligence) and he learned very early that demanding and/or tantrums were going to work, be it in public or at home. (I was also very aware how I spoke to my children, always being aware all eyes were on me for my behaviour.)

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, sATL said:

RE: the possible job offer - why does the entire family need to be in Dallas? Adam's been working remotely all this time. If he needs to spend a day or two in Dallas, what's the issue ?  I'll bet Danielle will go if the two sister-families agree to go.

I am not sure why I feel this way, but I am close to no longer watching this show because of Adam. Everything he does is annoying me and I feel bad for disliking him so much. He appears so self-centred. Not in an obvious way, but you can see his wheels turning re: utilizing the kids. Even his interactions with Parker bother me. He feeds into her anxiety and even the way they talk in front of her drives me nuts. She is a clever girl, and if anxiety makes her stand out and have her parents all to herself, she will continue with this reaction. (I am not saying she's purposely doing this, but all behaviour meets a need. Clearly not speaking, hiding, crying etc. meets a need for Parker.)

• Love 7
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I've also read that many researchers say that shyness is genetic, and not some behavior issue, or something to freak out about.  

Parker's behaviour is beyond shyness. I was extremely shy as a child and would rather curl up and die than have the focus on me. But Parker has learned that by NOT answering, acknowledging etc., suddenly mom and dad are all over her telling her how amazing she is. They reward this behaviour without even realizing it. I wish they could have had the grandparents offstage and if Parker doesn't show up at first, fine... continue on with the interview. By joining the stage after all the others, she was rewarded with a standing ovation. Parker is a darling girl, and sadly she's learning some serious passive aggressive behaviour, without even realizing or knowing why.

• Love 14
(edited)

hold up... Blayke couldn't be in the commercial b/c the filming was during school hours.

Why couldn't Blayke's segment shoot at another time (or even film her going out the door to the bus stop) and Adam merge the two vidoes together ? 

Isn't that his job - direct and edit video snippets into a final clean product ? Since when commercials are entirely filmed in one location/segment/piece/shoot ?

Now if the company said/implied they didn't want Blayke...wow... what kind of kid vitamin are they trying to promote?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Why do so many southern men have high voices I wonder? Must be some sort of genetic thing?

Living not far from A&D, I can say I've honestly never known such a thing.  I hear all different levels of voices just like anywhere else.  

I'm also thinking of quitting this show.  I can't deal with Adam and his famewhoring much longer.  He just strikes me as shallow.  He's always posting about his "hot wife".  Their fans are rabid too.  

• Love 6
On 7/10/2019 at 1:55 PM, mmecorday said:

I cannot stand it when they call Riley Ri-Ri.

I have a Ryley (traditional Gaelic spelling, not adding a y just because 😂) and her friends called her Ry-Ry for a year or so. Drove me NUTS and I would correct them each time.

• Love 1

I think that what annoys me the most is that the parents and their family seem to think that all the chaos, rudeness, hitting, and endless talking by the quints is adorable.  I just don't get it.  Yes, being verbal can be positive for kids their age, but, man, they really talk and squeal a lot. Don't the kids need some peace and quite some times?  I don't find them slapping and pushing each other amusing.  And, they don't seem to be told that it's not acceptable.  I bet their school doesn't allow it.  I really feel for the older daughter. No wonder she stays in her room.  

It wasn't that long ago that we were lead to believe that Danielle just LOVED going to this certain place, I believe a hometown, for the holidays.  But, recently, there seems to be reasons that can't be done.  Hmm......so, was that story even true or has something happened to change her mind? 

• Love 7

I recall last season when Adam was talking to his Dad about his depression, the father said something about things changing soon for the better, to get them more help.   So I wonder if Adam's parents moved to the Houston area too?   Since Mimi is already there, Danielle's sisters, and everyone else, I wonder if everyone has left the Lake Charles area?     

I've also noticed that the quints are told what the next activity is going to be, and aren't asked.   I wonder if part of Parker's issue is that she doesn't get a chance to say she doesn't want to do anything, just told what she's going to do.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I recall last season when Adam was talking to his Dad about his depression, the father said something about things changing soon for the better, to get them more help.   So I wonder if Adam's parents moved to the Houston area too?   Since Mimi is already there, Danielle's sisters, and everyone else, I wonder if everyone has left the Lake Charles area?     

I've also noticed that the quints are told what the next activity is going to be, and aren't asked.   I wonder if part of Parker's issue is that she doesn't get a chance to say she doesn't want to do anything, just told what she's going to do.  

IDK, but, I don't get why Danielle goes to Mimi for support.  OMG, it's always terrible, hopeless, a HUGE problem according to her.  When someone needs support, a little uplifting would be helpful, not a downer talk.  I wonder how she upplays a house for sale.  I wonder if she just talks about all the negatives. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder how she upplays a house for sale.  I wonder if she just talks about all the negatives. 

Mimi was the broker on the new house and it had a link with Mimi's real estate sales. As of two months ago that was her only sale so maybe she is talking about all the negatives. 🤷‍♂️

• LOL 1

Adam may be right about Parker. I was the same way when I was 4. I would burst into tears at random times. My whole life I had anxiety but didn't realize it. When I burst into tears in my doctor's office at age 53 she put me on meds and it changed my life. I wish I'd known so much sooner.

Going to an OT was stupid. Parker should see a counselor or psychologist.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

When they were looking at rental houses with Mimi, she seemed much less flighty and a ton more professional than she was before.    I think a lot of the ditzy act by Mimi was scripted last year.  

Also, Mimi's house that flooded was actually owned by Nick and Ashley (they said that on the show), so maybe she's also looking for properties for investment for the family.   That would be a good income right there.    Plus even Mimi's commission on a house like the Busby's would be a hefty price, so I bet she's doing very well.    Considering so much of Mimi's stuff was trashed by the flood, something about the size of the rental home pool house would be plenty big for her to live in.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3

Mimi has to have some level of smarts, because, passing real estate state and national exams is NOT easy.  I did it recently in my state an it was quite challenging.  There are so many brokers now, that my state has really set the bar high.  I'll admit that I was shocked when she passed.  But, I do think that some people are not cut out for it.  I haven't transitioned into it yet, but, hope to one day.  

• Love 5
41 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

When they were looking at rental houses with Mimi, she seemed much less flighty and a ton more professional than she was before.    I think a lot of the ditzy act by Mimi was scripted last year.  

35 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Mimi has to have some level of smarts, because, passing real estate state and national exams is NOT easy.  I did it recently in my state an it was quite challenging.  There are so many brokers now, that my state has really set the bar high.  I'll admit that I was shocked when she passed.  But, I do think that some people are not cut out for it.  I haven't transitioned into it yet, but, hope to one day.  

I've been one of Mimi toughest critics and would admit the few times she has been seen and spoke this season, she is much better than last year.

I never doubted her intelligence which Is why if she needed to obtain ( she had what 25 yrs) and or update her teaching credentials- what was the big issue . If she was at a church school in LA that let her slide, surely she could have found one in TX.

What ever happened on the visit back to LA before she passed the real estate exam did her a world of good. And I think she got her hot flashes under control.

She must also be getting a steady paycheck from something too.

• Love 3