Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

(edited)
15 minutes ago, druzy said:

I don't care about Danielle's teeth! 

She would have more of my sympathy if she had not waited 300+ days to get them taken out.

She had headaches last year...

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5

Why couldn't Mimi and sister take 2 children out of the group away from the home while mom recovered from oral surgery....oh I know....it wouldn't be as insane! 

and why the cloth around the face...she looks like marley's ghost.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

What the hell is an advanced placement class for a 3 year old? That “testing” and Adam and Danielle’s reactions to the results were so wrong and depressing. I have 3 year old twins. They’re supposed learn through play. There’s plenty of time for flash cards in their futures. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
29 minutes ago, TMI said:

Why couldn't Mimi and sister take 2 children out of the group away from the home while mom recovered from oral surgery....oh I know....it wouldn't be as insane! 

and why the cloth around the face...she looks like marley's ghost.

Or at least mimi could have come over to help out... don't tell me she was too busy selling houses... 

when my offspring were teens, and had the wisdom teeth removed (summer before JR yr in HS at the latest) they had the sock-bra thingie (not sure what the true medical term is called)... they hold ice packs - to keep down the swelling. Our DR had blue ones.

which is another point - I guess I am from the camp that some things one tries to get done younger. It seems liked that summer/spring break all kinds of friends of my offspring was getting that done.

Edited by sATL

These people have never heard of online grocery shopping? They will deliver it right to your door. If Adam needs to keep the girls busy, there are plenty of other things to do. And they are having everyone over for Christmas Eve dinner with Danielle in that condition ? Please.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
(edited)

That entire oral surgery story was lame.    The kids are so out of control, with being told mommy is sick, and needs quiet, and the screaming starts?  And Adam yells about it too?   And who thinks that having your wisdom teeth removed means you'll be back to normal in two days?    I don't know anyone who is back to 100% two days after surgery on teeth that are inflamed like that.    Apparently, Danielle's issue has been going on for some time, so it wasn't just a removal.    

I hate that they are turning the one little girl not liking being on stage into some big anxiety issue.    Maybe if the parents weren't staring at her all of the time, and seeing everything she does as an issue, then maybe it wouldn't be as bad for her.     Get the kid evaluated, but don't put it on national television. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 7

This episode was absolutely ridiculous! I understand Danielle's teeth were causing her headaches, and she didn't want to suffer from them and miss out on another family Christmas, but didn't she know that wisdom teeth extraction would leave her incapacitated? I know everyone's experiences with oral surgery vary, but I had all four wisdom teeth extracted at one time when I was in my early 30s. I prepared for the worst. The surgeon gave me Vicodin, but after the first couple days the pain was manageable with ibuprofen.

And yes, let's make Parker feel even more self-conscious about her shyness by making a federal case about it. She is 3 years old and they're wanting to send her to a therapist. Maybe it's just all the upheaval from moving and she's having a hard time adjusting to the new place and the new sleeping arrangements. I think Danielle and Adam watched too many "Brady Bunch" episodes growing up and they think parenting means overreacting to every sniffle.

Poor Blayke. She really is the John-Boy of the family -- a co-parent instead of a kid.

• Love 7

Danielle's Birthday December 23rd.  She had her surgery 2 days before Christmas and didn't even mention that it was on her Birthday.  So, then when was her Birthday party?  It must have been weeks before her actual Birthday.

Also, you DO NOT need 2 days in bed for wisdom teeth extraction.  I had my 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed when I was 24, and was shopping with my boyfriend at the mall hours afterward, with a Vicoden in me, and without a huge maxi pad on my head.  What the hell was that bandage supposed to do anyway?

Parker needs some help.  The kid always looks miserable, and she's been like that for years.  She has an odd attachment to her Daddy.  Danielle said a couple of years ago that he was the only person she really trusts.  Why?  I remember when Adam took Blayke to the Father/Daughter dance, Parker glared at Blayke like she wanted to kill her,  when they left together for the dance.

If Riley ends up in some type of gifted child classes, she is going to appreciate having a room of her own to do her school work uninterrupted.  She's still my favorite, she may act out sometimes, but she's spunky and sure of herself, she's the leader, and she's the littlest quint.

• Love 3
(edited)

Things I enjoyed: 

- Santa bonding with Hazel over his secret ginger origins

- Blayke shyly admitting she sometimes likes to act like mommy

- On Christmas morning, one of the quints (Ava?) asking if Danielle was feeling better

- The expression on Riley's face, after she attempted to one-up Blayke concerning the size of her present and was informed by Blayke that she, in fact, had a much bigger present than Riley's. Riley was all, "well played, master, I have learned much from this encounter"

- The actual, mostly correct singing and bell jingling, plus the concerned looks on her sisters' faces when Parker got upset

- The kids' absolute delight on the light-up squares

- Bonus Riley gem: at the supermarket, insisting Adam purchase some beer for himself

Edited by freebie
  • Love 7
On 7/3/2019 at 12:24 AM, SabineElisabeth said:

Assuming we just accept your assertions about Jon as fact, Kate remains 100% responsible for her own actions, words, attitude, treatment of others, and so on. Jon did not make her do one little teeny tiny thing;  SHE alone was and is in control of her behavior and bears personal responsibility for all of it.

Going to have to watch this part again, as I thought Adam was trying to tell Blayke he knew this shouldn't affect her, however... bottom line is they can't have makeup in the house right now. Wasn't sure why Danielle started screeching about Adam blaming Blayke, as I was not getting that at all.

I'm always flummoxed at how many people diss the kids on these shows as hopeless brats while simultaneously swearing that their special little snowflakes would never ever ________________(fill in the blank with whatever heinous act the quints had committed this time). To be clear,  I'm not saying these flawlessly behaved little 3 yr old angels with impeccable manners and perfect self control don't exist. Just saying i haven't met any. 

When I was about the quints' age, I remember my daddy telling me I couldn't hurt him no matter what, and I'd hit him, sit on his arm, etc. (We didn't play this game again after I grabbed a handful of hair in each fist and jumped off the couch so I was just dangling down his back. Go figure....) Yet, somehow, I was able to understand that was a game to be played with daddy only, rather than learning hitting was okay across all situations. Bet the quints don't grow up and just beat the shit outta people, either. (-:

Madam, I totally agree with you, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.  Lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, TMI said:

this uncle is useless. he has kids he should know how to entertain them for more than a second.

I used to like him, but now I can't stand Dale.  He thinks he's so funny, but he's not at all.  For some reason he can't express any type of caring statement, unless there is a joke with it.  Go away.

• Love 6
On 7/3/2019 at 12:24 AM, SabineElisabeth said:

Assuming we just accept your assertions about Jon as fact, Kate remains 100% responsible for her own actions, words, attitude, treatment of others, and so on. Jon did not make her do one little teeny tiny thing;  SHE alone was and is in control of her behavior and bears personal responsibility for all of it.

Going to have to watch this part again, as I thought Adam was trying to tell Blayke he knew this shouldn't affect her, however... bottom line is they can't have makeup in the house right now. Wasn't sure why Danielle started screeching about Adam blaming Blayke, as I was not getting that at all.

I'm always flummoxed at how many people diss the kids on these shows as hopeless brats while simultaneously swearing that their special little snowflakes would never ever ________________(fill in the blank with whatever heinous act the quints had committed this time). To be clear,  I'm not saying these flawlessly behaved little 3 yr old angels with impeccable manners and perfect self control don't exist. Just saying i haven't met any. 

When I was about the quints' age, I remember my daddy telling me I couldn't hurt him no matter what, and I'd hit him, sit on his arm, etc. (We didn't play this game again after I grabbed a handful of hair in each fist and jumped off the couch so I was just dangling down his back. Go figure....) Yet, somehow, I was able to understand that was a game to be played with daddy only, rather than learning hitting was okay across all situations. Bet the quints don't grow up and just beat the shit outta people, either. (-:

Thank you.  It really upsets me when people assume there must be things wrong with kids because they hit. First of all, all kids are different.  My oldest never hit, never would hurt a fly, my youngest on the other hand does, I’m pretty sure my daughter never hitting has anything to do with my parenting just as I’m sure that my youngest hitting on occasion does either.  

I should mention that my 13 year old nephew hit my sister and other on more than one occasion.  At this point, believe it or not, he is not some kind of sociopathic monster.  

Some kids hit, some kids don’t.  I would expect the Quints to hit more just by virtue of the fact that there are 5 of them.   It doesn’t mean Adam or Danielle are bad parents or that there is something wrong with the kids.  Sorry for the long post, but that assumption just drives me crazy.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, sATL said:

Progress. there are other people at the school Christmas play this year. 

I guess they dimmed the lights to keep me from really counting seats/heads.

Ha! I thought the same thing! For the first few times, I had to wonder if they were the only kids in the class.

It might be a Texas thing, but it kind of bothered me that the teacher referred to them as a Toddler class.  They are 3.5, yes, technically they may be Toddlers but generally speaking, 3.5 puts you in the preschool range 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Honey said:

I used to like him, but now I can't stand Dale.  He thinks he's so funny, but he's not at all.  For some reason he can't express any type of caring statement, unless there is a joke with it.  Go away.

My issue with Dale in this episode was his statement that the Quints were so used to him being the “fun” uncle that they didn’t take him seriously.  Has he ever thought about not just being the “fun” uncle. It is possible to be both, Dale.

• Useful 1

I only have two kids, but I found myself involuntarily shushing the tv when the girls were out in public at the grocery store and at the gee-gaw store (as my grandfather would say) to get the present for Blayke. There is never anyone telling them to quiet down! I get that they're 3.5 but whew. I always tell my youngest son when he makes stink eyes at young kids out in public that  it's not their fault it's their parent's for not correcting them, redirecting, and removing them if necessary. How will they learn? And their new house seems pretty big - besides letting Danielle recuperate elsewhere which would make more sense, are they THAT LOUD in the living room downstairs that she can hear them?

I also was pleasantly surprised we did not have to be told over and over that her oral surgery was on her BIRTHDAY, which is only TWO DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS. You wouldn't know it, but I do like this family I just...don't understand a lot of their choices but ofc it may be the tv editing gods and/or 'we need a story'. These kids and their cousins are very gorgeous people as evidenced by the Santa photo shoot, to end on a positive note 🙂

1 hour ago, SongbirdHollow said:

I agree that Adam and Danielle overreact to a lot of things, but I wish my parents had noticed my anxiety at age 4. Things would have been a lot different in my life. 

Agreed, I think it could really help her as long as they approach it in the right way. There's nothing wrong with her, but she clearly feels anxiety and it's just about developing techniques to deal with it.

(edited)
30 minutes ago, BookElitist said:

Other than Hazel, Riley, and Parker, do any of their other children actually exist? < 'queried’ with immense sarcasm and irritation>

Riley and Hazel are definitely main characters and the other kids are the supporting cast. However, since Parker's anxiety is a main storyline this season I think Parker is now a main cast member. Hopefully her agent negotiated a pay raise 😀.

I can describe the above mentioned kids but I am at loss when it comes to the other three.

Riley- smart (One example is when they were in the van going to the new house Hazel pointed where the ducks were and Riley said no Hazel the ducks are back the other way.), engaged, adventurous, tends to be the leader

Hazel- sweet yet mischievous, creative (she suggests games to play like when they were at the park she told Riley to drive the car and be the mom)

Parker- painfully shy, stubborn, daddy's girl, deep voice

Ava- she's the oldest of the quints

Olivia- Ava's twin

Blayke- likes gymnastics

Does anyone know anything about Danielle's father?

Edited by druzy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, druzy said:

Riley and Hazel are definitely main characters and the other kids are the supporting cast. However, since Parker's anxiety is a main storyline this season I think Parker is now a main cast member. Hopefully her agent negotiated a pay raise 😀.

I can describe the above mentioned kids but I am at loss when it comes to the other three.

Riley- smart (One example is when they were in the van going to the new house Hazel pointed where the ducks were and Riley said no Hazel the ducks are back the other way.), engaged, adventurous, tends to be the leader

Hazel- sweet yet mischievous, creative (she suggests games to play like when they were at the park she told Riley to drive the car and be the mom)

Olivia- Ava's twin

Blayke- likes gymnastics

Also, Ava was the one who briefly could not be found when she hid in the closet 🤣

18 minutes ago, druzy said:

Olivia- Ava's twin

Blayke- likes gymnastics

Here is my additional information about Blayke - has an unnecessary Y in her name 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

I’m curious about Danielle’s father, also.

If Adam needs SO much quality quiet time, perhaps, he needs to return to his former Well-Paid- got by 'i wish that i had those connections’ -daily-routine j.o.b.     

With that many children, how can Adam not understand basic grocery shopping? I mean, really...REALLY?! 

Danielle is irritating—a lot ... but Adam is so whiney, petulant, exasperating, and oftentimes, childish. 

This program needs to Show ALL of The Advantages, EXTREMELY FORTUNATE... rapidly rising financially status that this family enjoys not just the "OMG, life is always just sooo stressful”.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

And sometimes she has TWO unnecessary Y's in her name when they call her Blaykey.

How annoying is it by the way that the Quints call her Blaykey too. I bet it drives that poor kid crazy. 

What I don’t understand is that all the other kids have reasonable names, but her they have to add that unnecessary Y.

Though now that I think about it, they seem to have a thing about that Y since Ava’s middle name is Layne.  How sad is it by the way that that is the only Quint whose middle name I can remember 

• Love 3

One good thing about Danielle that I appreciate is that she does not always look made-up and dressed to the nines. 

Though in general, I do like Danielle, her inability not to get her surgery for her wisdom teeth in a reasonable amount of time notwithstanding 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

Thank you.  It really upsets me when people assume there must be things wrong with kids because they hit. First of all, all kids are different.  My oldest never hit, never would hurt a fly, my youngest on the other hand does, I’m pretty sure my daughter never hitting has anything to do with my parenting just as I’m sure that my youngest hitting on occasion does either.  

I should mention that my 13 year old nephew hit my sister and other on more than one occasion.  At this point, believe it or not, he is not some kind of sociopathic monster.  

Some kids hit, some kids don’t.  I would expect the Quints to hit more just by virtue of the fact that there are 5 of them.   It doesn’t mean Adam or Danielle are bad parents or that there is something wrong with the kids.  Sorry for the long post, but that assumption just drives me crazy.

I don’t think they’re terrible kids destined to be violent serial killers because they hit, nor do I think Adam and Danielle are terrible parents.  What’s frustrating me is that there are a number of normal little kid behaviors we see from them that don’t seem to be getting better.  Little kids do all kinds of things that are a reflection of their station in life, but parents really need to be on those behaviors and I don’t see the consistency and long-term commitment that it’s going to take to correct those behaviors.  I’m sure it isn’t easy to parent so many kids, but that’s not a good enough reason not to be correcting those behaviors every time, with every kid.  Even if Adam and Danielle have to really buckle down for a period of time and do little else besides work and keep everyone alive if that’s what it takes, then that’s what they need to do.  Unfortunately, if their social media is any indication, that’s not what goes on. I really don’t mean to sound harsh, but having 6 kids requires them to step up in a way that other parents might not be required to and that might mean no trips for a while or other sacrifices to get things under control. 

• Love 12
(edited)
2 hours ago, mmecorday said:

And sometimes she has TWO unnecessary Y's in her name when they call her Blaykey.

The way her name is spelled it should be pronounced "Blakey."

Edited by eel21788
9 hours ago, Honey said:

He used to have fun with them. Now he is beginning to resent how often they are imposed upon for free babysitting, and he's getting sick of it. I see this going the same way as the Jon Gosselin's family: It will eventually cause an estrangement between them.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
19 hours ago, endure said:

I liked this show but recently it's constant complaining about everything but mostly about the girls and Adam & Danielle are becoming the Bickerson's.

19 hours ago, readheaded said:

I was just thinking the same thing.  Danielle's obnoxious, Adam's a total pushover, and the kids are wild.  It's hard to watch.

As I've said before, it is becoming the Gosselins 2.0. The family will go down the same path as all the others that have decided to let their lives be run by a production company: Gosselins, Masches, Roloffs, Duggars, etc.

Edited by eel21788
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Did they pick the quints names based on OPRAH? I must have read that somewhere.

O- Olivia

P- Parker

R- Riley

A- Ava

H- Hazel

Unless you read it backwards: HARPO.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, druzy said:

Olivia- Ava's twin

I know Ava is the oldest of the quints, and she's a quiet "momma's girl." They've said Olivia is a goofball who loves to laugh. And apparently even Ava and Olivia have trouble telling each other apart in photos.

• Love 1

So if we're to believe their story, Danielle had her wisdom teeth removed on Dec. 23, her birthday.  Apparently there was no preparation done, because Adam had to take all 6 children grocery shopping on Christmas Eve, then host the entire family for dinner.  Sorry, I'm not buying it.

• Love 13
59 minutes ago, camom said:

So if we're to believe their story, Danielle had her wisdom teeth removed on Dec. 23, her birthday.  Apparently there was no preparation done, because Adam had to take all 6 children grocery shopping on Christmas Eve, then host the entire family for dinner.  Sorry, I'm not buying it.

Adam posted a video on social media of Christmas Day. Although they wore the same clothes in both the episode and video you can tell that the Christmas episode was a reenactment. Danielle's nails are painted a deep red in the episode and she doesn't have a manicure in the Christmas Day video. She's wearing a necklace in the Christmas video when she's waiting for the kids to come downstairs and she's not wearing the necklace in the episode. The quints hair is different in both videos.

nnp1.png

outd2.png

nnp.png

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, druzy said:

Olivia- Ava's twin

Blayke- likes gymnastics

She likes to keep info about her Father a secret. This is the only thing I could find about him.

"Her husband did mention his father-in-law on their website. He revealed that Danielle's father gave him motivation when he was much worried and scared about getting the quints sleeping through the night."

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, freebie said:

Riley Paige, Parker Kate, Olivia Marie, and Hazel Grace. I did not have to look that up. SEND HELP!

You turned the quints into quads.  Lol  

Ava Lane. (Olivia's twin).

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

How annoying is it by the way that the Quints call her Blaykey too. I bet it drives that poor kid crazy. 

What I don’t understand is that all the other kids have reasonable names, but her they have to add that unnecessary Y.

Though now that I think about it, they seem to have a thing about that Y since Ava’s middle name is Layne.  How sad is it by the way that that is the only Quint whose middle name I can remember 

There is no Y in Ava's middle name.....It's Ava Lane.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, eel21788 said:

He used to have fun with them. Now he is beginning to resent how often they are imposed upon for free babysitting, and he's getting sick of it. I see this going the same way as the Jon Gosselin's family: It will eventually cause an estrangement between them.

Based on the show, it seems like they only really ask them to babysit every couple of months.  That isn't exactly excessive for family.

I think his whining about it is just part of his schtick.

• Love 4

Daniel had to buy their first home, even though Adam said they couldn't afford it. It was around $480,000? And Adam actually had a job then. They had to buy the cycle shop, otherwise none of the six girls would have a future. They borrowed $300,000 on their home, even though they couldn't have had much equity in the mold house. Now they buy another half a million house again. The cycle shop has been sold..so guess the girls now have no future. Plus now, Adam has no job. Surely TLC isn't paying them enough to do all the spending that they do?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Daniel had to buy their first home, even though Adam said they couldn't afford it. It was around $480,000? And Adam actually had a job then. They had to buy the cycle shop, otherwise none of the six girls would have a future. They borrowed $300,000 on their home, even though they couldn't have had much equity in the mold house. Now they buy another half a million house again. The cycle shop has been sold..so guess the girls now have no future. Plus now, Adam has no job. Surely TLC isn't paying them enough to do all the spending that they do?

Their friends opened the studio and they needed publicity and production and the Busby's needed a storyline. It was never a $300k investment.  As far as I know the Busby's never owned the mold home. I believe TLC (as part of negotiations with the Busby's) rented the mold home for them. When the mold was discovered Adam and Danielle purchased the home they are living in now. Although they didn't own the mold home, they were "injured" so the Busby's are now a part of a class action lawsuit involving the mold house.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Honey said:

Based on the show, it seems like they only really ask them to babysit every couple of months.  That isn't exactly excessive for family.

I think his whining about it is just part of his schtick.

Agree, and I think he's usually joking (and I find it pretty funny!)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Honey said:

You turned the quints into quads.  Lol  

Ava Lane. (Olivia's twin).

I was responding to the post upthread that stated Ava's middle name, but couldn't remember the middle names of the other four kiddos.