Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

Lots of luck trying to sell that house if that is what they decide to do in the end. Adam never wanted it to begin with, but Danielle over rode him. Now that it's been on TV and the world has been told the place is full of black mold..who would take a chance on buying it? Although after the hurricane damage to so many houses, I suppose lots of them ended up with mold maybe?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is (I really have no idea) they'll magically rent something in the same subdivision, and then after several episodes of the regular house being cleaned up, they'll move back.    I hope they eventually say what caused the mold development (an issue with the AC not draining properly can start it, or water damage from the hurricane, or other reasons).       I wonder what the reaction of the other neighbors are to the mold issue?    And the builder who supposedly made them a great deal to buy the house to fit their family. 

I'm wondering if the remediation will be covered by insurance?    

There are over 100 houses in the development with mold problems due to a builder issue.

Spoiler

They purchased a house in the same area in February. Mimi was the real estate agent.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wow!   Interesting spoiler druzy.       Dale did tell his wife that he said what Riley repeated, and he went over and apologized to the little girl.      The original Busby house is at least five bedrooms, with one with an en suite downstairs.     Plus a playroom, or two.       I'm guessing Dale and Crystal's place is probably the same size, since it's on the same street at the Busby's house.     

Spoiler

I'm betting whatever they get will have a pool too, hopefully a fenced pool, but whatever.    I think Nick and Ashley moved last year, and I'm guessing it's close by too.    They do seem to do everything in a group.  

Sadly, Dale and Crystal live in the Busby's old subdivision, and I hope their house is OK.     However, I bet the Busbys moved into a rental first, then a replacement house.    The good news is, if Dale and Chrystal have to move in with the Busby's, there are only four of them.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
(edited)

How big is that house?  Upstairs there are bedrooms for Blayke, the twins, the other three quints, Adam & Danielle, plus a playroom for the quints and a playroom for Blayke.  So that makes 6 bedrooms, plus apparently a guest room downstairs.

I like Dale, but it made me mad that he let Riley get put in time out knowing that she was just repeating what he said.  That poor kid can't catch a break.

Edited by camom
  • Love 6

If someone said I had to sleep in a dog kennel, I'd call him a jerk too! I know he was joking, but I'm 100% over Dale. Those girls are old enough to start noticing that Hazel is his favorite. Hell, he's even said it more than once. I'm sure they're going to feel really great when they watch these episodes. 

I know it's an edited show, but I've seen far worse behavior from the twins and Hazel than from Riley this season. I've always staunchly defended her because I think she's too smart for this group and is bored most of the time. 

I'm betting the Parker issue is a red herring. She's shy, and we're supposed to be shocked that she isn't naming flash cards with a camera in her face? She was up there with Riley as far as being ahead of the others, and got moved up in school. Maybe she's too smart for all the nonsense as well?

Or lights and cameras in her business 24/7 (if TLC isn't pimping them, Adam is) is having a negative affect? Introverts do not thrive in chaos. She reminds me of Jennifer Duggar, with a deer in headlights, how did I get stuck in this family?, look all the time. 

This show is going the way of the Gosselins, unfortunately. I'm feeling badly about myself for supporting it by watching and should probably stop. These kids deserve the dignity of using the damn bathroom without the world watching. 

• Love 15

I am an early childhood educator. I am appalled by any preschool that would have a “testing day”. That is so not best practice. Children learn best through play, so good teachers assess through play—observation, anecdotal notes, games etc. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I hope they eventually say what caused the mold development (an issue with the AC not draining properly can start it, or water damage from the hurricane, or other reasons).       Some mold strains are seriously dangerous.   

I'm wondering if the remediation will be covered by insurance?    Or a builder's warranty?    

The mold expert mentioned replacing the HVAC system. 

(edited)
Spoiler

Maybe the builder bought it back?    Some new builds have very long warranty periods.    I've heard of very expensive houses having 5 year builder's warranty.   

My question is how much the family is clearing from the internet stuff, the show, the sponsorships, and commercials to qualify for a huge mortgage, because you know they must have shelled out over half a million easy, plus closing costs, moving expenses and whatever else they paid for.      I hope Dale and Crystal's house is OK, because they said on the show they only live a few doors down the street from the Busbys..  

I really wonder about the long term effects of mold on all of them.  

I noticed at the end when Hazel was talking to Uncle Dale, her eyes were moving left and right a lot.  I hope it was just from the TV lights, or because it was so late at night, but that worries me.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm wondering if the remediation will be covered by insurance?    Or a builder's warranty?    

I would think it has to be. We had mold in a cabinet under our kitchen sink and insurance partly covered the remediation and building of a new cabinet, all much smaller in scope than what they are dealing with.

4 hours ago, Eureka said:

I would think it has to be. We had mold in a cabinet under our kitchen sink and insurance partly covered the remediation and building of a new cabinet, all much smaller in scope than what they are dealing with.

It might depend, too on the reason there’s mold.  For example, I’m wondering if someone’s home owners’ insurance would pay if the mold is the result of the builder’s negligence?  

2 hours ago, readheaded said:

It might depend, too on the reason there’s mold.  For example, I’m wondering if someone’s home owners’ insurance would pay if the mold is the result of the builder’s negligence?  

Good point. I think that would be time for a lawsuit against the builder.

• Love 1

I noticed at the end when Hazel was talking to Uncle Dale, her eyes were moving left and right a lot.  I hope it was just from the TV lights, or because it was so late at night, but that worries me.  

Hazel has nystagmus, likely from being a preemie. It's a condition that causes your eyes to move involuntarily, so nothing to do with the TV lights, being tired, etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Lots of luck trying to sell that house if that is what they decide to do in the end. Adam never wanted it to begin with, but Danielle over rode him. Now that it's been on TV and the world has been told the place is full of black mold..who would take a chance on buying it? Although after the hurricane damage to so many houses, I suppose lots of them ended up with mold maybe?

• Love 3

The surgery was so Hazel wouldn't keep turning her head to the one side..to prevent future pain in her neck. Nothing is going to stabilize her eyes or her vision. As she ages her vision may get worse. Hopefully it won't get any worse than it already is.

• Love 4

I can’t handle Danielle’s baby talk to the kids. It’s made me insane every season so far. 

I don’t follow them on social media anymore but their page is always recommended to me on IG so I peek here and there. These people are always on vacation. I wondered about Blayke in school and how they are disciplining and keeping a schedule of sorts with all the chaos of traveling. I just can’t stand how much fame has gone to their heads and the constant proclamations on SM of how sexy they think of each other. 

They actually filmed Hazel on the toilet? 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, seasons said:

Hey guys, a question - 

still catching up on some last episodes. What did ever happen with Danielle's stomach? I'm guessing it's not Crohn's?

It wasn't Crohn's I think it was a storyline. 

1 minute ago, seasons said:

Two more questions please -

Are Danielle 's sisters twins? Are they older or younger?

Thanks!☺

Yes, they are twins and they are older than Danielle.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/22/2019 at 12:17 PM, druzy said:

It wasn't Crohn's I think it was a storyline. 

Yes, they are twins and they are older than Danielle.

Thanks!

On 6/22/2019 at 3:16 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

If I recall correctly, the medical tests all came back negative, and the doctor concluded it was mostly stress. 

Edited by seasons
Thanks!

I have been binging this show this weekend and I'm now on the Hawaii episode. I think this show is adorable and I love it ... but the quints were WAY too young for a trip to Hawaii! I guess Adam and Danielle were thinking that they would be all right -- it's paradise, right? Those children can barely handle themselves on a trip to Dale and Kiki's house.

I also hated that Danielle had to miss Cajun Christmas because they were late getting on the road. Good grief, how many times has Mimi been late and people made adjustments to accommodate her?

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/18/2019 at 9:51 PM, MissT said:

I think Adam dyed his hair darker.   Anyone else notice that?

I like Kiki and Dale.   No way would I have 8 people stay at my house.   

I really wish Dale would have stood his ground and said "NO - sorry. We love you and feel for your situation , but we just cannot accommodate 8 more people this our home"

I'm not from a big family but when do you (ie grown up adult) stop immediately running to momma and sibling(s) when something goes wrong? The first thing out of Danielle mouth "lets call mom and have her find us a house" . Then it was " lets call Dale and Kikki and stay with them".  I would have been embarrassed.

And I know some agents handle rentals/leases of houses/townhouses but it kinds sounded towards the end that Danielle wanted to buy? 

There is a classic episode of the Waltons when they had a house fire. The family tried to stay in the house during repairs but found it necessary to split up among neighbors/family friends. 

why not let blayke stay with Mimi (I think Mimi will give her the 1-on-1 she needs & Mimi is too flaky with too many 3 yr olds), 2 kids to each of the sibling-sisters, and Danielle and adam stay somewhere with one (Riley). Other option - the quints are in preschool - let them spend a week with the grands in Lake Charles, who probably have a big support system while they figure out what the next step is.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, sATL said:

I really wish Dale would have stood his ground and said "NO - sorry. We love your and feel for you situation , but we just cannot accommodate 8 more people this our home"

I'm not from a big family but when do you (ie grown up adult) stop immediately running to momma and sibling(s) when something goes wrong. The first thing out of Danielle mouth "lets call mom and have her find us a house" . Then it was " lets call Dale and Kikki and stay with them".  I would have been embarrassed.

And I know some agents handle rentals/leases of houses/townhouses but it kinds sounded towards the end that Danielle wanted to buy? 

There is a classic episode of the Waltons when they had a house fire. The family tried to stay in the house during repairs but found it necessary to split up among neighbors/family friends. 

why not let blayke stay with Mimi (I think Mimi will give her the 1-on-1 she needs & Mimi is too flaky with too many 3 yr olds), 2 kids to each of the sibling-sisters, and Danielle and adam stay somewhere with one (Riley). Other option - the quints are in preschool - let them spend a week with the grands in Lake Charles, who probably have a big support system while they figure out what the next step is.

All of that would make too much sense and if there’s anything I’m realizing about this show is that Danielle and Adam don’t seem to think to anticipate problems and plan for them or do much to plan for success.  Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I think they could have planned for the mold situation, but as you pointed out, there were less stressful options that would have lent themselves to probably more peaceful decision-making.  I’m also not saying that it’s easy, just that it’s necessary. 

Im watching the rerun now where they take the quints on a family vacation for the first time.  It’s a mess and the adults are whining about how hard it is.  I’m sure it is really hard, but they’ve also not done much to anticipate problems and mitigate them.  I think, though, that they live their lives with deliberate drama for the cameras, which is different than the cameras observing what usually goes on in a family’s life.  While cameras and observation always change what’s being observed, that’s not the same as purposefully playing to the camera for money and ratings.   

• Like 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, readheaded said:

All of that would make too much sense and if there’s anything I’m realizing about this show is that Danielle and Adam don’t seem to think to anticipate problems and plan for them or do much to plan for success.  Don’t get me wrong, it’s not that I think they could have planned for the mold situation, but as you pointed out, there were less stressful options that would have lent themselves to probably more peaceful decision-making.  I’m also not saying that it’s easy, just that it’s necessary. 

Im watching the rerun now where they take the quints on a family vacation for the first time.  It’s a mess and the adults are whining about how hard it is.  I’m sure it is really hard, but they’ve also not done much to anticipate problems and mitigate them.  I think, though, that they live their lives with deliberate drama for the cameras, which is different than the cameras observing what usually goes on in a family’s life.  While cameras and observation always change what’s being observed, that’s not the same as purposefully playing to the camera for money and ratings.   

I have twin sisters. Once they were born, my parents didn't go anywhere with them for at least the first year, except maybe to grandparents' houses. Who in their right mind tries to take 5 out at a time at that age? 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Parker didn’t perform as well as her sisters on a color recognition test and now she has test anxiety and possibly depression/anxiety (just like her dad)?  Dear Lord, these people really can make mountains out of molehills.  Why don’t we wait until the poor child can put on her own shirt and use the bathroom unassisted (and hopefully not while being filmed) before we heap these diagnoses upon her tiny shoulders?

God, I hate these reality shows with small children.  I just think it’s so wrong.

• Love 19
(edited)

Mimi certainly seems a lot more settled than she used to be.   Maybe real estate is a good fit for her.   I certainly hope so.    I think since she's so outgoing, that she can do very well.  

So they get a huge, expensive house?     They're probably paying a premium if the lease is less than a year.    The lease period may be why the current owners took so long to get back to the realtors too.  

That's scary that they have to take the current house down to the studs.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
On 6/24/2019 at 3:23 AM, sATL said:

The first thing out of Danielle mouth "lets call mom and have her find us a house" . Then it was " lets call Dale and Kikki and stay with them".  I would have been embarrassed.

Danielle called her Mother because she's a realtor and would have access to rental listings, why would they call a stranger?.  Adam and Danielle never asked Dale and Kiki if they could stay with them.  They were out at dinner and Kiki is the one who brought it up by offering for them to stay at their house.  Although, it was most likely a producer driven story line, since they were safe to stay at their own house after the air scrubber did its job.

Parker has always seemed a little bit off.  In the episode where the kids go to the dentist, Danielle said that the only person Parker really trusts is her Daddy.  Getting her some help early on can only benefit her, so that she's able to make friends more easily as she gets older.

Poor Hazel was squished underneath all the other babies in utero, that's likely what caused her eye problems (according to what Danielle said).  How funny that she's the one who is boy crazy. Lol

• Love 3
(edited)
7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Mimi certainly seems a lot more settled than she used to be.   Maybe real estate is a good fit for her.   I certainly hope so.    I think since she's so outgoing, that she can do very well.  

So they get a huge, expensive house?     They're probably paying a premium if the lease is less than a year.    The lease period may be why the current owners took so long to get back to the realtors too.  

That's scary that they have to take the current house down to the studs.   

Insurance pays for a set amount for a place to stay while repairs are being done.  Anything over that amount would be paid out of pocket.  That house was over the insurance benefit amount.  I wonder how much it's costing them?

Once the house is remodeled it should be an easy sale.  The new buyers will be getting a house they know has NO mold.  They wouldn't really be sure about that in another house, even with a mold inspection you can't see everything inside the walls.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 1
On 6/19/2019 at 9:24 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:
  Reveal spoiler

Maybe the builder bought it back?    Some new builds have very long warranty periods.    I've heard of very expensive houses having 5 year builder's warranty.   

My question is how much the family is clearing from the internet stuff, the show, the sponsorships, and commercials to qualify for a huge mortgage, because you know they must have shelled out over half a million easy, plus closing costs, moving expenses and whatever else they paid for.      I hope Dale and Crystal's house is OK, because they said on the show they only live a few doors down the street from the Busbys..  

I really wonder about the long term effects of mold on all of them.  

That’s from her eye condition she’s had since birth.

On 6/21/2019 at 11:52 AM, winsomeone said:

The surgery was so Hazel wouldn't keep turning her head to the one side..to prevent future pain in her neck. Nothing is going to stabilize her eyes or her vision. As she ages her vision may get worse. Hopefully it won't get any worse than it already is.

A girl I went to school with had the same problem.  She has never outgrown it.  I always felt bad for her as it seemed to be very distracting.

• Useful 2

At the beginning of the episode, when the parents were outside with the girls, some were on scooters and others were riding on three wheeled vehicles with low seats, steered with their feet.

Does anyone know what those are called?

7 hours ago, Honey said:

Poor Hazel was squished underneath all the other babies in utero, that's likely what caused her eye problems (according to what Danielle said).  How funny that she's the one who is boy crazy. Lol

Wasn't Hazel the one that was originally thought to be a boy (Baby C) on the original ultrasound? And now she's the boy crazy one. I have to say that when Adam walked in for the first time in glasses, Hazel's reaction that Daddy was just like her, was too precious. 

• Love 5

It's worth noting that Parker didn't do as well on the tests, but she was still above average. I feel sorry for all of the girls because they are just part of a herd and likely get little individual attention (not a criticism, but with that many the same age, it would be extremely difficult to spend one-one-one time with each of them).  I think she may be more sensitive than the others.  She may also be one of those people who would rather say nothing than give the wrong answer.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

At the beginning of the episode, when the parents were outside with the girls, some were on scooters and others were riding on three wheeled vehicles with low seats, steered with their feet.

Does anyone know what those are called?

It's called an ezyroller.

• Love 1

I'm hoping all of the arguing, and conflicts among Adam and Danielle are a lame attempt to get interest into the show.    However, I would watch just to see the kids, and the extended family, and the added arguments are off putting to me.    

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, camom said:

It's worth noting that Parker didn't do as well on the tests, but she was still above average. I feel sorry for all of the girls because they are just part of a herd and likely get little individual attention (not a criticism, but with that many the same age, it would be extremely difficult to spend one-one-one time with each of them).  I think she may be more sensitive than the others.  She may also be one of those people who would rather say nothing than give the wrong answer.

Adam must have been reading your mind, because he uploaded a YouTube video where they took Ava and Olivia on a special date. He said they try to get alone time with all the kids, but interestingly, the kids prefer to do it in pairs.

Edited by IndianPaintbrush
  • Love 2

It's worth noting that Parker didn't do as well on the tests, but she was still above average.

I kept screaming at the TV, "She's SHY!" I was the same way when I was little. I knew all the shapes and letters and colors, but if someone held a flash card up in front of my face, I would clam up. I hope that Adam and Danielle don't keep testing her at home because that's just going to stress her out. They need to also back off on trying to analyze her and just concentrate on the things she does well and be as encouraging as possible.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
On 6/19/2019 at 5:57 PM, HooHooHoo said:

I am an early childhood educator. I am appalled by any preschool that would have a “testing day”. That is so not best practice. Children learn best through play, so good teachers assess through play—observation, anecdotal notes, games etc. 

YES!!! I’m not an ECE, but I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. I really have to wonder about the Busby’s and the teacher’s common sense in having that televised! What about all of the other parents at that “school” who are now going to be comparing their children’s scores to the quints? Not to mention the poor girls having their so-called scores out there for the world to see for eternity. 

Children learn at their own pace, and those who are ahead or behind at a young age might not stay that way (Einstein, for example). But now, Riley will always be “the smart one” and Parker “the slow one.” So sad.

Edited by SleepyAndClumsy
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, tinderbox said:

It's been approximately 6 months since they moved into the leased home.  Does anybody know if the family has moved back into the cleaned up mold house?  

Spoiler

They purchased the "leased" home.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 5:19 PM, Honey said:

Watching the previews for the new season,and in my opinion Riley is the prettiest one now. Poor Parker is unfortunate looking, and Hazel is....Hazel

I think so too 😉 I was also noticing on the Sweet Home show all those babies are cute, Layke not as much as the others but to me none of the Busby's with the exception of Blayke are cute 🤦‍♀️

• Love 1

I suspect that the period of time spent actually filming each ‘season’ is quite short. Perhaps only a few weeks or a month at a time. I think there are long periods of time in-between. And what we see is definitely scripted to a certain extent, but some of that is necessary to convey the progression of events that have happened to this family during the ‘off seasons’. What we see each episode is what the producers feel would be the most interesting. In other words, moments of chaos and noise. There are probably hours and hours of taped footage of the quints playing peacefully, and Adam and Danielle managing things together just fine. But that would make for boring tv, wouldn’t it? 

I love all of them and think that Adam and Danielle are doing a wonderful job. I can’t even begin to imagine being in their situation. I adore Kiki and Dale. 

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, Zero260 said:

I suspect that the period of time spent actually filming each ‘season’ is quite short. Perhaps only a few weeks or a month at a time. I think there are long periods of time in-between. And what we see is definitely scripted to a certain extent, but some of that is necessary to convey the progression of events that have happened to this family during the ‘off seasons’. What we see each episode is what the producers feel would be the most interesting. In other words, moments of chaos and noise. There are probably hours and hours of taped footage of the quints playing peacefully, and Adam and Danielle managing things together just fine. But that would make for boring tv, wouldn’t it? 

I love all of them and think that Adam and Danielle are doing a wonderful job. I can’t even begin to imagine being in their situation. I adore Kiki and Dale. 

Danielle said they film for 8 months.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1