Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

That clip makes me feel grateful that I'm not famous (or "famous") and no one is seeking interviews with me because of how amazing or noteworthy my life is.  I feel sorry for those little girls, especially Blayke.  They're surrounded by phoniness.  These reality shows involving very small children are just wrong, in my opinion.  As @MissT said, not one of those girls looked happy.

• Love 7

Riley for the win!

When Hazel wouldn't follow directions and give Adam/Danielle the candy: "That means two."

And then her silently counting to three with her fingers when Hazel wouldn't stop screaming.  And then later when Hazel, once again was screaming because she wasn't getting her way: "Three's a consequence."  Love her.

Also her trying to tell her parents that Ava was on the counter and then counting to three when they didn't do anything and ignored her.  Honorable mention to Blayke for telling her parents they didn't count fully with Hazel.  They sometimes act like they really only want to discipline Riley, but the rest are just too precious.

But at least they're trying because all that talking back by the quints needs to be nipped in the bud ASAP.  They tell their parents "no" and what they are and are not going to do WAY too much.  And Adam has so much trouble disciplining Hazel, but has no problem with calling out Riley.  He called her out, and her only even though Parker was CLEARLY also present, for getting into the pantry.  Even later re-telling the story to Danielle, he singles out Riley, when Parker was also in the pantry exactly at the same time he found Riley in there.  

I don't know but Danielle was giving me major flashes of Kate Gosselin with how she was talking to and treating Adam.  She was being way condescending and that "seventh child" stuff would get old real fast.  I can understand him not being on board with her plans for discipline, but she's never satisfied.  She wanted him home more so he quit his job, but then he needs to get work done to get paid and she still bitches.  Yeah, the mold was serious, but she was acting like that about EVERYTHING.

• Love 10

They're getting so big!    Blayke is so grown up now.   

Now Danielle brings up selling off their share of the  cycle studio.     That certainly was casual, and down played.    As usual, Adam will never stand up to the girls.    He only made it worse giving into them all of the time, then trying to set the rules.     Swapped out vans again.   

So this is how they bring up the mold in the house issue, with the preschool owner?    And it just now occurs to Danielle that mold can have health issues?     I hope they don't drag the mold story line out forever.     

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, KBrownie said:

She was being way condescending and that "seventh child" stuff would get old real fast.  

I found her dismissive to him several times...

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TMI said:

I found her dismissive to him several times...

Yeah, I got a whole different vibe from them in their TH's.  It wasn't a joking but loving vibe like it used to be, and that makes me sad.

• Love 3
(edited)

Adam doesn't seem to be able to discipline the girls at all.  If he keeps giving in to them to make his life easier, he will regret it.  They didn't even do the counting to 3 very well.  The two of them need to get on the same page.

So I guess they sold their portion of the cycle studio so that they'd have some money when Adam quit his job.  What will they do when that money runs out?  I know, there is TLC money, but I doubt it's enough to fully support the family.  I always wonder about people who quit their jobs like that; he also likely gave up some retirement benefits and health insurance.

Danielle talks condescendedly (is that a word?) to everyone, not just Adam.  I remember when her mom passed her real estate test and Danielle was telling her that she was going to work hard, it won't be easy, etc.  She spoke to her like she was a teenager getting her first job.

1 minute ago, camom said:

\

Edited by camom
  • Love 9
(edited)

Who is raising who in the Busby household? Adam and Danielle are outnumbered and outwitted a little too much.

Any guesses what wrong with Parker? not answering questions when alone?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
(edited)

I wonder if they still have a team of baby sitters since Adam is home now?   

I really didn't like last night's episode, with the constant fighting between Danielle, and Adam, and the useless parenting that varies from doing nothing, to trying to go to hard line discipline the next second.      The Busbys went from a fun young couple with six kids, to two grumpy whiners, with five rebellious three year olds, and Blayke getting shuffled to the side.       I don't know if I'll even keep watching this.   

Adam staying home doesn't seem to be helping anything.     Also, when your kid wheezes like that, you don't call for an appointment, you go to urgent care or emergency room, not sit there discussing how sick she is.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9

I'm not a parent but it seems to me they should remove the candy from the house.

I get that the girls have trouble sharing. There are so many they are always competing with each other. Explaining isn't working. Time to go back to the Naughty Chair. No arguments, just consequences.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

I’m no expert, but maybe 1,2,3 would work better if they stated the consequence up front. “Hazel, put the slime in the bucket now or you will have to go to time-out. One...Two...”

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, EVS said:

I’m no expert, but maybe 1,2,3 would work better if they stated the consequence up front. “Hazel, put the slime in the bucket now or you will have to go to time-out. One...Two...”

I agree!  And, it might be easier for all if they worked on sharing in a smaller group to start.  Maybe take 2 of the girls at a time and have them take turns and then work up to 3 at a time.  They also probably want to look hard for any time at all that any of the girls, including Blayke, are sharing and make a huge deal out of it.  

• Love 4

I see Adam went the Jon Gosselin job route where you don't "really" have a job you just live off your TLC paycheck! I didn't watch this show too often in the beginning and have watched this show here to there. Danielle did seem rather annoyed with Adam.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, KBrownie said:

Riley for the win!

When Hazel wouldn't follow directions and give Adam/Danielle the candy: "That means two."

And then her silently counting to three with her fingers when Hazel wouldn't stop screaming.  And then later when Hazel, once again was screaming because she wasn't getting her way: "Three's a consequence."  Love her.

Also her trying to tell her parents that Ava was on the counter and then counting to three when they didn't do anything and ignored her.  Honorable mention to Blayke for telling her parents they didn't count fully with Hazel.  

Those were easily my favorite moments all episode. 

• Love 1

Ugggg, Danielle treats whatever his name is like he's totally incompetent.  She asked what the mold inspector said & didn't like his response so declared that she should have been there to talk with them.  Yulch

Maybe Hazel has never been the angel child they thought she was. 

Have they had a roof leak that they were not aware of?   

• Love 5
(edited)

Exactly right about the candy, and especially putting it on the lowest shelf in the pantry.     I call shenanigans by the parents.   

I suspect the girl will have to wear the same clothes, and the same costumes until they go to college. 

I suspect they're doing just fine financially, with their women's fit wear line, their different sponsors, their commercials for various companies, their online stuff (supposedly that can pay well, but I have no idea how), and I'm sure they get comped for every vacation they go on.     If they were short on money, I doubt they would have another mega-van like the white one.   

I bet the preview they showed (not talking about what they said) will be the new big issue this season, along with the mold.     

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

I was also wondering if maybe Hazel wasn’t the little angel the parents always thought. It’s interesting to see how they typecast their kids. Hazel is the “good” one, and Riley is the “bad” one. Meanwhile Parker is all but invisible. I know they hinted in the preview that something might be “wrong” with her, but so far to me she just seems quiet. Some kids are.

Danielle annoyed me with how she got on to Adam about the mold. She does tend to get excited about things without getting all the info. Yes, it did turn out to be serious, but they couldn’t know that without the mold report.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/11/2019 at 9:04 PM, KBrownie said:

Riley for the win!

I don't know but Danielle was giving me major flashes of Kate Gosselin with how she was talking to and treating Adam.  She was being way condescending and that "seventh child" stuff would get old real fast.  

On 6/11/2019 at 11:24 PM, Honey said:

Yeah, I got a whole different vibe from them in their TH's.  It wasn't a joking but loving vibe like it used to be, and that makes me sad.

All the girls are cute, but I've always had a soft spot for Riley Paige. She might be a handful, but I don't think she's "bad" at all - just precocious. She's also so smart, so engaged, and has a smile that is heart melting. One of my favorite scenes from this show ever is Riley giving Hazel the answers to her eye exam when she went with them to Hazel's doctor appointment. Adorable!

And honestly, I was hoping y"all were just exaggerating, but I watched last night and have to agree... Danielle's demeanor towards Adam has changed, and not in a positive way. When Danielle was taking the kids out so Adam could work and told Parker, "Ok, Parker, let's leave Daddy alone," her tone of voice made me actually physically cringe.  Thinking she's building up some serious resentment towards Adam over giving up the cycle studio so Adam could start his own business.  I will keep watching for now, but I seriously can't - and won't - watch another disaster like Kate and Jon. That's not entertaining, that's just really really sad.

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 6

Re: the previews- I vote "the job offer to move to Dallas" is all for show. First if all Adam was too hell-bent on "working for himself" and "not missing the girls life events" . Give that up for a 8-5....hmmmm

Secondly - he knows the woman he married. Danielle is very co-dependent on her sisters before the qunits, and more so now. We didn't hear much from Mimi last episode but she most likely she's one step away from needing her girls to take care of her.

The only way Danielle will move if history repeats itself by the BIL Nick , who was the owner of the previous company , gets a position (most likely a step up) and then hires Adam and Dale. That sounds like how they all wound up in Houston. And mimi will raise all kinds of whining but will soon follow.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Re: the previews- I vote "the job offer to move to Dallas" is all for show. First if all Adam was too hell-bent on "working for himself" and "not missing the girls life events" . Give that up for a 8-5....hmmmm

Secondly - he knows the woman he married. Danielle is very co-dependent on her sisters before the qunits, and more so now. We didn't hear much from Mimi last episode but she most likely she's one step away from needing her girls to take care of her.

The only way Danielle will move if history repeats itself by the BIL Nick , who was the owner of the previous company , gets a position (most likely a step up) and then hires Adam and Dale. That sounds like how they all wound up in Houston. And mimi will raise all kinds of whining but will soon follow.

I'm guessing the Dallas job offer is just another story line that will go no where.    So Adam didn't apply for a job, but just got an offer?   No way.  It will be the crisis of the episode, and then "the mold house is killing us" story line will take over.    I'm hoping the little girl who was wheezing was filmed after the doctor's visit, but either way you don't discuss your baby's breathing issues, you get them to the doctor right now.   

The Busbys should stop trying to make everything a huge crisis, because many of their issues just aren't something most people will see as huge issues.     Making up drama over everyday things is a great way to jump the shark, and the next thing that happens is cancellation.   

• Love 2
On 6/12/2019 at 10:19 AM, SongbirdHollow said:

it seems to me they should remove the candy from the house.

I totally agree. I would only keep a few of my kids’ favorite  candy from Halloween and the rest went to my husband’s work  and he put it out on the counter. Take away the source of the problem and you have no problem!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

I totally agree. I would only keep a few of my kids’ favorite  candy from Halloween and the rest went to my husband’s work  and he put it out on the counter. Take away the source of the problem and you have no problem!

Agreed; I'm of the mind that you help to set your kids up to be successful rather than giving them enough rope to hang themselves.  It's like they WANT to keep reinforcing the roles they've "assigned" the girls.  The only thing worse than doing that is filming it so that it can be seen forever.  I feel sorry for all of those girls and appreciate the Jones family more and more.  

• Love 5

My guess is they had a lot of candy so Adam could bribe the kids.    And so they could set up the quints raid the pantry scene.      Everyone on here is right, the only way the Busbys will move to Dallas, or anywhere else, is if all three men get jobs there, and Mimi goes too.   Since none of that will ever happen, then my guess it will be another phony story line.  

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is they had a lot of candy so Adam could bribe the kids.    And so they could set up the quints raid the pantry scene.      Everyone on here is right, the only way the Busbys will move to Dallas, or anywhere else, is if all three men get jobs there, and Mimi goes too.   Since none of that will ever happen, then my guess it will be another phony story line.  

All of that and Adam would have to be willing to actually work at a job.  He really doesn't seem like much of a self-starter and reminds me more and more of Jon Gosselin.  I can totally see Adam trying to get a deal to design Ed Hardy clothing, lol.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Their new house is in the same city as their old mold house so it's definitely another phony story line.

• Love 1

I've been watching old episodes on Hulu, and Uncle Dale is by FAR my favorite person on the show. He has the best one-liners! This is from an episode where Danielle and Adam went to Nashville for a weekend and left the kids in her sisters' care:

Danielle: The quints pretty much take care of themselves.
Uncle Dale: So then just let 'em do that.

• Love 8
On 6/13/2019 at 5:17 AM, winsomeone said:

Those poor girls need some intervention now..at home they are almost feral. They need to shut the cameras off and concentrate on raising human beings instead.

I wonder what they are like at preschool?  It can’t be easy having five little kids all the same age!

• Love 1

I have never seen such spoiled brats in my life. I am watching this Tuesday June 16 2019 episode and I CAN'T even finish watching. Never did my children act like that. The screaming at this age  is unacceptable and it doesnt even bother them but its killing everyone around them. 

• Love 8

Adam when your favorite Hazel throws all those tantrums and you dismiss it you are doing that kid no favors. Wow for their age they cant even entertain themselves for 5 minutes. Say what ????? Spoiled brats. I feel sorry for the older daughter.

• Love 8
(edited)

I have a feeling that by the end of this season, I am going to want to scream every time I hear the word ‘mold.’  TLC is going to beat this horse to a bloody pulp.  They know that the novelty of the quints has worn off and this tired storyline is all they have.  Every time one of the kids even sniffles, they’ll blame The Mold™.  They’re lucky they have lots of money and resources like insurance and can completely eradicate the problem, which is more than a lot of disadvantaged people can say.  Also, when I was a kid, I recall my parents doing their best NOT to freak me out by overexplaining adult issues that I couldn’t understand.  A simple, “We’re going to have some work done upstairs, so we’ll be making S’mores and camping out in the downstairs bedroom, yay!” would be sufficient.  Shit happens.  Handle it and move the hell on.

I just feel sorry for poor Blayke.  You can see her turning into a little mini mom right before your eyes.

(Real slick how they tie in Grandma’s new real estate business.  “We’ll ask her to help us find a safe, new house immediately!”)

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

"I don't know if it's because they're in a new environment" Danielle.  

Seriously!    They even have matching outfits for 'emergency' sleepovers, how spur of the moment that isn't.     Do they think I'm stupid?     And if they desperately want a rental now, then stop playing around in the park, and look at houses.   I don't know what the Texas house rental rules are, but it would be a cold day in hell I'd rent a house of mine to that bunch.    If I owned a house for rent in that city, and the realtor told me that the Busby's want to rent it, I'd take it off the market.     I don't think there is a big enough security deposit to pay for everything you'd need to fix on a house after five out of control three year olds lived there.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
On 6/12/2019 at 10:21 AM, ellenr33 said:

I see Adam went the Jon Gosselin job route where you don't "really" have a job you just live off your TLC paycheck! I didn't watch this show too often in the beginning and have watched this show here to there. Danielle did seem rather annoyed with Adam.

I thought the same thing. Adam needs to keep his job with insurance. He doesnt seem like he wants to work. Entitled. They have had everything handed to them for years .

• Love 4
(edited)

Terrible 3's are worse than terrible 2's.  They are editing it to show the quints being wild.  If they wanted to, they could have edited it to show them as perfect angels.  It's all in what they want us to see.  I think the quints are just fine.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 12
(edited)

These girls have little to no manners whatsoever.  At their age, they can at least ASK for the things they want, rather than just demanding.  Everything is "I want" and "Give me."   This isn't the terrible twos type of "no" to me.  They just flat out tell the adults what they are and aren't going to do and the adults just go along with it.  Adam and Danielle need to get it together quick.  They've acknowledged the problem at least, but they need to be a LOT more consistent.

And Dale thinks it's cute, but he's just adding to the spoiled monster that they are turning Hazel into.  She really is going to grow up thinking she's just the cutest thing ever that doesn't have to follow the rules and can get special treatment just because she's Hazel.

Another Gosselin moment:  Danielle is so upset about the mold news, but can't help but throw in that "I told you so" to Adam about how bad it was.

Edited by KBrownie
  • Love 5

It's been a long time since I've watched this show, but I caught a couple of new episodes tonight and I cannot believe how big the quints are now. They'll grow out of their tantrums eventually. Blayke seems to be a very well behaved child and will be a good example.

No way would I have 8 people stay at my house.  

I live in a small, four-room cottage. I never realize just how small it is until my partner's daughter, son-in-law, and their two kids (ages 6 and 2) spend a few hours with us.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, MissT said:

I think Adam dyed his hair darker.   Anyone else notice that?

I like Kiki and Dale.   No way would I have 8 people stay at my house.   

It was all just for the show.  They were told it was fine for them to sleep downstairs in their own home, but that doesn't make for very exciting TV.

• Love 4

So do they buy a new house or rent?  How do you sell a house with mold?

Danielle is such a downer.  That mold team was going to wash all their bedding, clothes and toys.  I couldn’t afford that team.

Riley is the prettiest.

Dale and Kiki are the best.

• Love 5
(edited)

I hope they eventually say what caused the mold development (an issue with the AC not draining properly can start it, or water damage from the hurricane, or other reasons).       Some mold strains are seriously dangerous.   

I'm wondering if the remediation will be covered by insurance?    Or a builder's warranty?    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Honey said:

Terrible 3's are worse than terrible 2's.  They are editing it to show the quints being wild.  If they wanted to, they could have edited it to show them as perfect angels.  It's all in what they want us to see.  I think the quints are just fine.

Agreed; I think what makes the quints seem "feral" is the fact that there's FIVE of them, and that creates a ton of noise and chaos. They seem like average 3-year-olds to me. *shrugs*

I really want Uncle Dale and Aunt Kiki to adopt me.

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is (I really have no idea) they'll magically rent something in the same subdivision, and then after several episodes of the regular house being cleaned up, they'll move back.    I hope they eventually say what caused the mold development (an issue with the AC not draining properly can start it, or water damage from the hurricane, or other reasons).       I wonder what the reaction of the other neighbors are to the mold issue?    And the builder who supposedly made them a great deal to buy the house to fit their family. 

I'm wondering if the remediation will be covered by insurance?    

Homeowner's insurance typically will cover mold damage if it was caused by a covered peril  It will not pay in the case of damage caused by neglect (Ex. an older roof not replaced lets water in, and mold grows).

Honey-Former insurance agent.

• Love 3
(edited)

I would be embarrassed if my sister had to inform me that saying no to my children would be a helpful thing.  I mean....it's pathetic.  Is this a thing for the cameras? Is it Adam's job to act like he's hopeless at teaching his children how to discipline themselves.  That's one of the most important roles as a parent.  His bragging about over indulgence is annoying.  Step up and take a proper role in his children's lives, by being the leader and setting boundaries.  I'd be irritated with him too, though, Danielle doesn't seem to be much better.  At least she talks about doing something.  But, if they were going to use 1,2,3, they should at least understand how it works and how to implement.  Sending mixed signals is worse than doing nothing at all. The children don't seem content and there seems to be too much talking.  That's why adding in the 1,2, 3 seemed ill advised.  Showing by example and less talking might be better.  And, I'm not talking about corporal punishment.  I don't advocate that at all.  I'm referring to demonstrations.  

Oh, I suspect that other people, like teachers or sitters, who are not family, have no issue with the girl's behavior, because they act much better when away from the enabling parents.  They know what they can and can't get away with, so that's why they act that way.  Most of the behavioral issues that I have seen, disappear when the parents leave the house.  lol

Danielle's poor mother.....my goodness.  She is not an asset to this show, imo.  Why is she included?  I've never seen grandchildren who walk into a house and see their grandma who don't hug her.  ODD.

Can someone tell me what the little one said that got her an immediate timeout when with her aunt and uncle?  I heard uncle call one of the girls a jerk, then when one called him a name, she was punished. Was what she said worse than jerk? 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Can someone tell me what the little one said that got her an immediate timeout when with her aunt and uncle?  I heard uncle call one of the girls a jerk, then when one called him a name, she was punished. Was what she said worse than jerk? 

Riley called Dale a jerk, but she was only parroting him and he admitted it.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

Riley called Dale a jerk, but she was only parroting him and he admitted it.

Oh, I must have missed that part.  If I heard him call her jerk, why didn't his wife?