Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, sATL said:

Since Adam was laid off he's entitled to health coverage from his former employer for up to 18 months.  It's the law.  

Of course the employer does not pay for this coverage.  As sATL mentioned, it's COBRA and that will be one BIG premium for the Busbys to come up with.    

Who pays for COBRA coverage? The employee generally pays the full cost of the insurance premiums. In fact, the law allows the employer to charge 102 percent of the premium, and to keep the 2 percent to cover your administrative costs.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Of course the employer does not pay for this coverage.  As sATL mentioned, it's COBRA and that will be one BIG premium for the Busbys to come up with.    

Who pays for COBRA coverage? The employee generally pays the full cost of the insurance premiums. In fact, the law allows the employer to charge 102 percent of the premium, and to keep the 2 percent to cover your administrative costs.

right. employee pays full cost.. and for 8 that is a pretty penny....

did I hear him that he wanted to do somekind of marketing media video editing ? He's not having a midlife crisis is he ? I thought his new venture was an offshoot of what he has been doing for 12 years...

" I'd rather be poor and have you around than to be to be rich and you never be around and be stressful "

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

We’ve all missed out on some things when our kids grew up because we were responsible adults putting food on the table for our family! And a lot of us needed BOTH parents working!

These days, MOST families need both parents working AND earning benefits.  BENEFITS!  

5 hours ago, Mollysmom said:

Doesn't he realize that working for yourself usually always means working way more than working for someone else?

Does he picture himself at home, a nice little home office, a desk, computer, and a telephone?  His time is his own; it's HIS business. As many sick and vacation days as he wants!  When of all of the kids need something...or want him to be somewhere!  He's up and off with the family, never missing a trip--even just to buy shoes.  

5 hours ago, Mollysmom said:

And his kids aren't going to one day say "why wasn't dad at this event, that event?"

If they say anything the question might be, "Why does our daddy show up everywhere and there are no other daddies around?"  

• Love 4

When did Danielle get a boob job? 

Adam is a whiner. Good grief. 

1 hour ago, sATL said:

" I'd rather be poor and have you around than to be to be rich and you never be around and be stressful "

She doesn't know the meaning of stress until she is poor with 5 screaming kids at home and wondering if the bills will be paid that month. I hope TLC is paying them well. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Yes, that's always been the fallacy of COBRA-you pay the whole premium when you've lost your whole income.  It's craptastic.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, sATL said:

yeah... but at what cost ? 8 people on COBRA ?

Sorry - I'm a little old fashioned when you have youngins' and/or a large family. Yes, its the American dream to own your own business. And  yes, there are layoffs, RIFs, and folks quit jobs. But in some cases - the plan needs to be get decent group health coverage asap - not just ride out the 18 months of COBRA premiums. I see Dale hit the pavement quick and found a new job.

Side note #2 - Cajun Christmas... The Christmas that never was...

Whatever anyone thinks about Dale, he seems to be a self-starter and survivor.  He made a quip about being from a trailer park, so I'm guessing he's "hungrier" than Adam and knows what it's like to have less.  

Adam's getting on my nerves.  When you have 6 kids, and especially 5 all at once, you lose some of the choices and flexibility you have when you have fewer children.  That's life.  I'm an only child.  My father was an electrician and as many people know, when you work in a blue collar trade, you often don't have sick time or vacation days; you're simply paid only when you work.  You also may have times when you're laid off, which means that you make hay while the sun shines.  This meant that my father missed all kinds of things when I was growing up, including surgeries.  He wanted to be there, but we had to eat and have health insurance, so he worked.  Never did I feel like he didn't love me or that he didn't want to be there.

• Love 17

Why are Parker's cheeks always flushed? Does she have some sort of medical condition that causes that? I hope once Adam is home full time, they instill some disipline into that house. Those little girls behave so badly..three or not. 

• Love 3
40 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Why are Parker's cheeks always flushed? Does she have some sort of medical condition that causes that? I hope once Adam is home full time, they instill some disipline into that house. Those little girls behave so badly..three or not. 

I would have put an end to those laying-in-the-floor-kicking-and-screaming long before Hawaii. And it is always the same one??

• Love 5

Regarding my comment about Cobra.  Some of you mentioned, and you are correct, that they will have to pay for COBRA coverage.  But consider that he went through a lay off.  Often times a company will pay for your Cobra coverage for a specific period of time.  That happened to me.  My company paid my full Cobra cost for a specific period of time.  Also, don't forget they make between $25,000 - $40,000 an episode.  That's a lot toward paying for Cobra for any size family for 18 months.  I guess what I'm trying to say is I wouldn't worry about them not being able to pay for Cobra.  If you noticed during their Adam wants to quit conversations, they mention that Adam is the sole bread winner and the cycle studio is doing well.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  First off they never mentioned the $25,000-$40,000 per episode.  I just counted.  They have produced 37 episodes so far.  At the low end of $25,000 an episode, that's a whopping $925,000.  And, has anyone counted just how many products the Busby's are getting paid to endorse?  If you follow them on social media it's become one commercial after another.   And yes, Adam has his shirt off at every possible opportunity.  It' become a circus.  

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I can't imagine being the tag a longs on a vaca with 5 3 year olds, no matter if it is Hawaii.

I felt so bad for Kiki when Adam and Danielle were fussing at her about taking Riley to the bathroom without telling anyone.  She and Dale, more than anyone, on the show at least, do a lot to help them out and them acting that way was a bit much.  I don't really buy that moment was genuine because for all their dramatic counting of the kids, no one noticed that an adult was missing as well and didn't put two and two together?

• Love 18

I am guessing the trip to Hawaii was paid for by TLC with the contingency that it be filmed and the kids went along.  Otherwise, why not take a shorter trip closer to home with the kids and then take an adult only trip to Hawaii?    Loved Hazel dumping water on herself on the beach and then crying how she hated the beach.  So cute.   And when Riley had her melt down and Danielle was over it, I liked how Adam went and picked her up and held her and she calmed down.  That seemed like a sweet, genuine moment.   Other than that - blah.  Scripted to the hilt.  I do think the kids are normal 3 year olds and not brats and I do agree that Adam and Danielle do love them all.  BUT if they are not going to show the kids as the main focus of this show, I am over it.  I do not care about wide eyed Adam and his depression or Danielle and her tummy troubles or Mimi and her ups and downs.

• Love 13
16 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

Someone please explain to me how someone can quit their job because they are “missing out” on watching your kids grow-up? I realize they are getting money from the show and the cycle studio. But guess what? We’ve all missed out on some things when our kids grew up because we were responsible adults putting food on the table for our family! And a lot of us needed BOTH parents working!

This literally is my first post...this last episode bugged me to no end. OK my husband made good money....we raised five kids...but he put in 60 hour work weeks between driving ect . He missed a lot of firsts....seconds thirds. Adam's whining is so over the top....Danielle's sisters and Dale deserve their TLC paycheck..I don't find the season enjoyable at all...I quit following them on social media...I'm not contributing to Adam's whining..Now they are selling ugly Tshirts

• Love 6

As another poster pointed out, apparently the Busbys are going with the Youtube channel, and selling stuff on the side, and I haven't looked at their blog, but they can make a lot with links that sponsors pay for.    They can also get their own health plan, and I bet the hospital that they use will have a health plan to cover the family at a reasonable price, because they do tailored plans for small business all of the time..    They'll probably be fine financially, but they need to stop buying stuff they don't need, and need to pay off debt like the first and second mortgage on the house. There's a lot of financial pressure that's gone when you pay off the mortgage.  

• Love 2

Another episode, another temper tantrum by Riley.  I wonder if Riley has tantrums like this on a daily basis, or just when the cameras are rolling?  Either way, I give Danielle kudos for being able to deal with that times five.  And why would they let Riley go the eye doctor with them?  I thought it was cute was Danielle asked the quints if they wanted to go to the hotel or eye doctor and Hazel said, "Hotel."  I do think the girls are very smart and have a good vocabulary to only be three, but the crying and tantrums need to be dealt with stat.    

Does anyone know how often the kids go on outings with their parents?  It seems like they go somewhere almost everyday.  I never was able to do that with my kids and I only have three of them!  When does Danielle have time to clean the house, or does she have someone come in and clean for her?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Those little girls behave so badly..three or not. 

It may seem bad because there are FIVE of them.  They also act out more because there are FIVE of them.  Monkey see, monkey do.  It happens every time with the crying.   Also, TLC demands at least some drama.

• Love 6

Do the parents film the talking head segments for the whole season in 1 day? I noticed EVERY time I see Danielle, she is wearing the red sweater. Adam is in the plaid shirt as well. Sorry if this has been discussed before, it's bugging me!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, reikimaire said:

Adam's whining is so over the top

Producers:  Okay, Adam, we're gonna do some more close-ups.  Open those baby blues.  Wider.  Wider!   Now, just let your fans know just how difficult everything is.  More difficult.  MORE!

• Love 11
2 hours ago, penbrat said:

I am guessing the trip to Hawaii was paid for by TLC with the contingency that it be filmed and the kids went along....  (CUT)  ...And when Riley had her melt down and Danielle was over it, I liked how Adam went and picked her up and held her and she calmed down.  That seemed like a sweet, genuine moment. 

It irked me when one of the sisters actually THANKED Adam for the trip.  Dale mentioned the good money Adam makes.  THAT good?  Paying all expenses for NINETEEN vacationers?  Riley's antics will only get worse if she gets what she wants (Daddy!) every time.   It was a sweet moment, but orchestrated by a brilliant three-year-old.

• Love 5

On a previous episode, I think the Christmas one, Dale, Adam and Nick claimed they scored a huge deal on tickets to Hawaii, so I guess that means they talked TLC into doing a deal with the airlines, hotels, and other suppliers to finance it.   Plus, it wasn't just 19 of them, but the entire camera and production crew.   My guess is Nick was working at the new company, so taking time off wasn't happening, and I bet Adam and Dale had already been outsourced (that's what they call fired/excess employees) and Dale hadn't started the new job yet.     

TLC must thinks we're idiots not to notice the empty plane in L.A. that was at "last boarding", and that no one at the airport made arrangements for 30 or more people to change planes quickly there.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

I still love this group of people the best of all the TLC families BUT, what is wrong with me? Dale can say and do anything and I love him 24/7, but the moment I saw Adam on the Hawaiian zipline all loaded up with his selfie-stick and gadgets, I feel like screaming enough already. I like Danielle's entries on their blog, but when I watch the video clip with the alarm going off and Adam 'awaking' to talk to the camera and talk about first day of school - seriously? Everyone knows it takes him an hour to do whatever it is to his hair. I don't know... show me Dale waking up with stubble and messy hair...

42 minutes ago, Calibabydolly said:

Do the parents film the talking head segments for the whole season in 1 day? I noticed EVERY time I see Danielle, she is wearing the red sweater. Adam is in the plaid shirt as well. Sorry if this has been discussed before, it's bugging me!

I want to know what bras she's purchasing as I need them! In her bathing suit, etc. Danielle looks amazing, but the TH shows her looking smaller chest (basically what I see in the mirror ;). I want to know what has changed, and the brand name.

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

It may seem bad because there are FIVE of them.  They also act out more because there are FIVE of them.  Monkey see, monkey do.  It happens every time with the crying.   Also, TLC demands at least some drama.

Try teaching a class with a Parker and Riley acting up in it and 18 others watching - it is SO hard to wrangle the kids who want to copy the negative antics because other kids see it working - adults pay attention to the ones acting up. Somehow you have to convince to copycats that the two acting up are NOT cool and are NOT going to get their way.

• Love 5
On 9/12/2018 at 10:14 AM, Phoebe70 said:

I see this all the time on MTV's 16 & Pregnant.  The broke, young, single teenage mom goes to a boutique-type baby store and is looking at strollers, car seats and onesies.  Uh, why don't you go to Walmart and save probably 75% of what you'd pay at the boutique?

To be fair, I assume the young moms are going to those boutique style consignment shops which were amazing when I was with little ones. Danielle shops high end because she gets 5 of each item - and that's not consignment.

17 hours ago, trackrat59 said:

Ok, I just watched the Hawaii episode.  Couple of things.  I don't know where I read it but a few savvy fans did some research and found out that the company that Nick, Dale, and Adam work for was sold and it merged into the company that bought them.  Evidently the new company kept Nick (duh), and laid off Dale and Adam.  Apparently Dale has already found a new job.  So, that entire story line about Adam was all made up by TLC.  I think TLC have collectively lost their minds.  Side note - don't forget TLC tried to sell us on the idea that Danielle might be pregnant because Adam missed the follow up from his vasectomy.  Really???  How is this possible when Danielle couldn't get pregnant on her own plus Adam had a vasectomy?  I'm so pissed because this show now really sucks.  Thanks a lot TLC.  I just want to see the quints for gosh sake.  I like the entire extended family a lot but I don't tune in to watch them.  I tune in to watch the quints.  Period.  We went from the quints getting most of the air time to following the adventures of Adam and Mimi, more or less.  Another great show bites the TLC dust.  PS...Since Adam was laid off he's entitled to health coverage from his former employer for up to 18 months. It's the law.  

COBRA.  But you still have to pay for it.

On 9/12/2018 at 8:18 AM, Phoebe70 said:

in general just spoke inappropriately in front of the young children.  I think they even had to bleep out a few words, if I recall correctly, and this was when the kids were in the room. I know he thinks he's all-that-and-a-bag-of-chips, but I think he's pretty much a jerk.

I find that p**s word is common amongst my oldest and his associates, be it p**sed off, or taking the p**s out of someone so I don't worry about Dale since the others have used the word as well. Compared to Adam, Dale is a bag of chips for me, heh

• Love 2
On 9/27/2018 at 9:19 AM, winsomeone said:

Adam was supposedly a salesman at his job?, and yet he would come home from work sort of dirty looking in jeans, a T-shirt and ball cap. Seems like he would have been dressed nicer, and not gotten dirty while selling stuff? His flopping into bed with the ball cap on his head was certainly different. I think Danielle is manly looking most of the time.

I think she's downright ugly, and her hair is so thin you can see her scalp. her sisters are a bit better, still no real beauties though.

• Love 3

Early on I pegged Adam as a whiner and a loser.   Until recently, I was able to FF and mostly tune him out.  But since he became a man at leisure,  he is in too many scenes and has ruined the show.   His ego is intolerable and will turn off Danielle if he doesn’t rein it in.  

I love all the kids and the extended families, even Mimi.  But the escalated fake drama is too much.   Sadly, TLC is on the verge of ruining the show and family greed will ruin the public’s good will.  I think we have seen this all before.  Adam is Kate Gosselin.  

• Love 9
On 9/19/2018 at 7:15 AM, readheaded said:

With there just being so many of them, it probably feels overwhelming to them to think they everything they ever have might have to be shared.  It might be easier for them to let some things go to another child if they know that other things are just their own.

But deep down we all know Riley won't care who the special toy belongs to because she'll take it if she wants it. That gal has some major control/anger issues that were apparent from the get-go. Can't even blame parenting for it, lol. Is anger genetic?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Former Nun said:

It irked me when one of the sisters actually THANKED Adam for the trip.  Dale mentioned the good money Adam makes.  THAT good?  Paying all expenses for NINETEEN vacationers?  Riley's antics will only get worse if she gets what she wants (Daddy!) every time.   It was a sweet moment, but orchestrated by a brilliant three-year-old.

Parker is the one who always wants Daddy, not Riley  Parker is the one who got out of having her teeth cleaned because Danielle only half-ass tried to get her to open her mouth.

• Love 5
On 9/22/2018 at 6:14 AM, brilliantbreakfast said:

I'm probably completely off-base here, but does anyone else get a very odd vibe out of Parker?  Or am I thinking about Riley?  I can't tell who's who of the two of them.  She does seem to be the most cognitively advanced of the quints, but there is something about that child's eyes that give me the willies.  At the very least, I'm seeing "very unhappy child."  Sometimes I see "future mean girl."  At most, I'm seeing more.  And yes, I admit, the words "future psychopath" have entered my mind more than once.  I know that kids have personalities; I came into the world screaming, I pretty much screamed nonstop for four years, and was the biggest fussbudget in the world as a child.  But am I nuts here?  Or is there something wrong there?

LOL - No I do NOT think Parker is a future psychopath, but I know what you are trying to say. She has what is called 'a flat affect'. It basically means her eyes look 'dead' as in no excitement, sparkle, etc. It could be anything from extreme shyness (to the point she zones out so as not to interact) or perhaps a depression. She and Riley are significantly bright, academically so I hope she is not so bright as to have the other cognitive issues come forth. I know she's a serious and reserved child, but I wish they would expand her comfort level to three people instead of just Adam. She needs to stop clinging, same as Olivia.

• Love 5
On 9/25/2018 at 11:25 AM, trackrat59 said:

Mimi is a head shaker, no doubt. From what I can see, Mimi has managed to raise 3 amazing daughters, perhaps/guessing mostly on her own.   Uh, the daughters are nothing like their mother.  I believe that Mimi loves attention and drama.  Disclaimer....I do like Mimi but come on, she's a trip.  

I like Mimi as well. She shot herself in the foot during her first TH when she referred to herself as "zany" like "Lucille Ball". I immediately thought, Oh no honey - Do not compare yourself to a comedic icon and one of the smartest businesswomen out there. But... too late. Mimi is harmless and I bet she up and retired from teaching, only to kick herself afterwards. There is too great a need for teachers for her to be unemployable.

On 9/25/2018 at 11:25 AM, trackrat59 said:

The big, over sized bows are killing me.  (Yes I know the big bows are a thing)

I agree! Don't like them.

And I totally agree with what you said re: Adam - "  I wish he would change his hair style. On social media, yes Adam we know your buff already, cut it out.  Put on a shirt first if you're going to walk around for 10 minutes in front of your selfie stick. " 

On 9/25/2018 at 1:40 PM, sATL said:

make me wonder how did he manage to obtain work-job-life balance when Blayke was younger - wonder did he consider to take a step-down position.  I also wonder how much Danielle is saying little comments like " you missed xxx", "we waited for you", " they cried for you..", "we want you to come to zzz", "I was expecting you at home at such-and-such time (ie valentines 2017) ", stayed on his mind and heart. It doesn't take a whole lot for Adam to feel down and guilty.

Yet Danielle is up front in pointing out that she missed most of Blayke's 'firsts' because she was always working so Adam would do things with Blayke. Of the two, I am sure Danielle is the true money maker, and that's why Adam is always stressed/ anxious. When they both worked, Danielle made more and he could buy his 'toys'. But now...?

• Love 2

re: the Gosselins - did Jon quit his job too? What did he do before the six?  I'm trying to figure if Adam is doing a copycat move  , on the back drop of he was laid off. 

On the "Quints by Surprise" series - Ethan finished his MBA and real went hard expanding his business, as the construction market was coming back. 

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, Honey said:

Parker is the one who always wants Daddy, not Riley  Parker is the one who got out of having her teeth cleaned because Danielle only half-ass tried to get her to open her mouth.

But Adam was the one to pick up Riley in mid tantrum from the bathroom floor to cuddle her etc. Yep - RIley is a smart one, and all the other quints just learned that instead of throwing a fit for 15 mins, throw it for 45 and eventually an adult will snuggle you and tell you how much you are loved. I say good on Danielle that it wasn't her as Riley will see that Mom is not impressed and not playing that game. Danielle and Adam both say that Riley's behaviour is just like her dad, so both Riley and Parker are encouraged to lean towards Adam.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

When did Danielle get a boob job? 

Adam is a whiner. Good grief. 

She doesn't know the meaning of stress until she is poor with 5 screaming kids at home and wondering if the bills will be paid that month. I hope TLC is paying them well. 

No kidding. She has no idea how stressful life is living poor, not being able to go on vacations, and worrying about something breaking down and not being able to afford to fix it. Sometimes adults need to just suck it up and keep the good paying job they don't like, to keep up the lifestyle they want. 

• Love 7

Everyone has basically covered my thoughts...

I was very angry when I thought Adam was quitting his job to spend more time at home.  I was shocked when his dad agreed with him & encouraged him. I was proud of the brother in law for stating the gruesome facts. Then when Adam comes home saying it's done, he made it sound like it was his last day of work.  I thought then they he had been laid off. My sister was just laid off from a corporate job, received a package of full pay (over $250,000 a year) until April plus her yearly bonus of $50,000, but no insurance. She has to pay her own COBRA, $800 a month.

Mr Tostandon & I just returned from Kauai. We go every other year. I've never seen an empty flight. That was totally staged. We had to run from one end of the airport on Oahu to the other to catch our connecting flight to Phoenix due to weather issues, there was no offer of help & I am in a boot with a broken foot!

I certainty hope TLC paid for the helpers and family to go, this was no vacation for them.  I felt horrible for the sister who took the one kid to the bathroom. 

This family is beginning to grate on my nerves, I think I'm done with them.

• Love 11

Table of one here....my heart broke for Riley, and I loved Adam just picking her up and holding her.  If, as parents, you know your toddlers need a nap, make sure to plan a nap into your day.  Otherwise, you have no one to blame but yourself. Those poor girls looked miserably tired.

I don’t know, but it looks like aunt Kiki might have new boobs too.  I felt horrible for how they talked to her when she took Riley to the bathroom.  Horrible setup.  No need to embarrass family on camera.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Ravello said:

Sadly, TLC is on the verge of ruining the show and family greed will ruin the public’s good will.  I think we have seen this all before.  Adam is Kate Gosselin.  

I hate to say  it, but I agree. I find that Adam is edited (or truly is...) to look so whiny and indecisive that it makes my skin crawl. (How danielle can want to be intimate with THAT is beyond me.) Danielle is my champion - carried 5 babies; into health and fitness; positive attitude; puts family first, and Is serious when wanting to help others and is organized enough to actually get things done. Plus she always gets behind Adam and is supportive. She's clearly the alpha in the family and I feel twitchy (as in I want to smack Adam) when he corrects her during TH, or mocks the way she says something. We all know Danielle and the kids are the true stars, and Adam is more of a Princess than Blayke could ever hope to be. Danielle appears authentic - still doesn't fuss with makeup and even though she shops at boutiques - they're the same boutiques she shopped at for Blayke. I love loyalty.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Horrible setup.  No need to embarrass family on camera.

Thank you for noticing this!! When Adam chimed in with "You should have told someone..." as though it were common sense, my inner ri-ri anger was percolating. If they had just thought to do "an adult count" as well, just maybe they'd figure it out. I call BS on TLC for that 'drama' scenario and BS on the family for openly criticizing a relative who's there to look after the Busby kids. You're welcome, Adam.

17 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Oh, and Danielle, please stop with the exercise and dieting....you are positively skeletal...well, except for your new boobs.

The only time I have heard Danielle talk of dieting was when she had to eat 6000 cals a day for the babies. She never talks about having to diet and she loves exercise. To me, she looks great - not too skinny, not too heavy. She looks like the 'tomboy' she is. I give her credit for not talking about bodies (and their advantages or disadvantages) at all.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, trackrat59 said:

Regarding my comment about Cobra.  Some of you mentioned, and you are correct, that they will have to pay for COBRA coverage.  But consider that he went through a lay off.  Often times a company will pay for your Cobra coverage for a specific period of time.  That happened to me.  My company paid my full Cobra cost for a specific period of time.  Also, don't forget they make between $25,000 - $40,000 an episode.  That's a lot toward paying for Cobra for any size family for 18 months.  I guess what I'm trying to say is I wouldn't worry about them not being able to pay for Cobra.  If you noticed during their Adam wants to quit conversations, they mention that Adam is the sole bread winner and the cycle studio is doing well.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  First off they never mentioned the $25,000-$40,000 per episode.  I just counted.  They have produced 37 episodes so far.  At the low end of $25,000 an episode, that's a whopping $925,000.  And, has anyone counted just how many products the Busby's are getting paid to endorse?  If you follow them on social media it's become one commercial after another.   And yes, Adam has his shirt off at every possible opportunity.  It' become a circus.  

I wish I could give you ten 'likes' for this. Adam's whining about $$ sends me whereas Daniell's talk of finances is more level-headed, e.g. "First we need to take care of health insurance" etc. Adam's like a chicken with its head cut off whenever his eyes bug and he says "I'm the sole bread earner for 6 girls". Poor Danielle, he's so effeminate.

Edited by Chalby
heading to headed
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, alegtostandon said:

I was shocked when his dad agreed with him & encouraged him.

I almost laughed when his learned sage (Dad) came up with a GREAT slogan, SO similar to Confusius:   “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” 

Well, Adam bought it.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Honey said:

I think she's downright ugly, and her hair is so thin you can see her scalp. her sisters are a bit better, still no real beauties though.

Woah! Tell us how you really feel. LOL

• Love 5
On 9/27/2018 at 1:08 PM, sATL said:

Funny other than Christmas - when my offspring was 3 - I barely remembered it was a holiday. The only months for the Busbys without some kind of holiday/birthday are what - March (if Easter is in April) and August ? 

Same, Growing up and with my own kids focus was on Christmas and Halloween. Easter too, but more just waking up to baskets of goodies. Unfortunately, having 5 kids who all mimic each other takes the fun out of one or two of the quints truly liking Santa or a Bunny. If the parents could get in the habit of responding quickly (and happily) to the quint accepting the mascots, there wouldn't be that ridiculous melt down and screaming all the time. I keep thinking of how I would respond if my students in K all started screaming when they saw Santa or the parade of costumes at Halloween. It's only a 2 year difference .

During the Lake Charles visit when Adam was talking about his depression, the dad mentioned something about getting more help in League City soon, so I bet when he retires, Adam's mom and dad are going to move there too.    

I'm sure by the Hawaii trip, Adam already was unemployed, and so was Dale, and Dale got another job after.     I'm sure the entire empty plane garbage was filmed before anyone ever left Houston, or at one of the other airports, and they had a ton of help getting between planes.     Depending on the airline, if you're connecting flight is late, or changed gates there are airline personnel at the gate telling people what gate to go to, and how to get there, at least at the ones I've been at.        I'm sure a high profile, TV related sponsored trip like this one involved many airline people busting their butts to get all of the cast and crew to their connecting flight.   

Adam, a typical metrosexual guy, and I wish he would lay off at the gym, before his muscles explode.    I wish he would stop whining about everything.   I'm still irritated about the screaming match about Hazel's eyes a few episodes ago, because that was obviously pushing for ratings, and definitely over the top.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

During the Lake Charles visit when Adam was talking about his depression, the dad mentioned something about getting more help in League City soon, so I bet when he retires, Adam's mom and dad are going to move there too.    

I'm sure by the Hawaii trip, Adam already was unemployed, and so was Dale, and Dale got another job after.     I'm sure the entire empty plane garbage was filmed before anyone ever left Houston, or at one of the other airports, and they had a ton of help getting between planes.     Depending on the airline, if you're connecting flight is late, or changed gates there are airline personnel at the gate telling people what gate to go to, and how to get there, at least at the ones I've been at.        I'm sure a high profile, TV related sponsored trip like this one involved many airline people busting their butts to get all of the cast and crew to their connecting flight.   

What happened to Adam's job????  I thought he worked for his brother in law and bought that health care business?  I don't watch anymore because I moved onto the new sextuplets and the one with 13 boys waiting for number 14 and the big reveal. 

I love reality tv.  lol