Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Honey said:

One of the twins, I don't know it it's Ava or Olivia, it may be both, has the MOST evil stare sometimes.  It gives me chills, it's like The Bad Seed.  Lol

It's probably Olivia. She's my favorite. She does have a very serious look; but I see it more as her not falling for any BS/having an old soul.

• Love 3
On 8/30/2018 at 12:27 AM, SabineElisabeth said:

About her eye condition?  Or something about her physical/cognitive/social development?  I don't have kids, and all 6 of theirs are adorable to me, but I'm far from an expert on when kids should be hitting milestones and things like that, so curious as to your observations, if you don't mind to share/expound.  The main things I notice about her is that she seems pretty content, easy-going (except she does startle easier than the others, poor thing!), and is a little sweetheart.

On 9/22/2018 at 10:39 AM, Honey said:

That's so odd.  To me, she is the one who is always crying about something or another.  When I step away from the TV and a baby starts blatting, I always know it's going to be hazel.....again.

One of the reasons I post and read here is because it's so interesting to me that we all watch the exact same show and yet end up with such vastly different perceptions of things.  Fascinating to me that you can take the same show, run it through viewers' life experiences, values, beliefs, current life circumstances, personal happiness/contentment, and so on, and come out with so many different and often vehement ideas about what we all saw on the same show(s).  (And yes, I know that sounds lame to find that intriguing, but....kind of a nerd here, lol).

For instance, Hazel really does seem pretty laid back to me, relative to her sisters, at least.  Not that she never cries/whines, but all 2 years old do so, and she seems generally good-natured to me.  I have also never understood why people think this is the "Hazel Show."  I mean, her nystagmus is a story line and well, wouldn't it be kind of weird if while talking about Hazel's eyes instead of seeing Hazel we saw say, Parker Kate and Lulu playing together during the every convo?  My perception is if you take away the focus on Hazel that has to do with her nystagmus (i.e. a big story line the producers developed), then she really isn't highlighted on the show more frequently than the others in any way that jumps out at me.  Granted, I've never timed the amount of screen time each quint gets, counted the number of times each quint's name is said, etc, but when I watch, I don't come away with the impression at all that Hazel is focused on more than the others for any reason other than her eye condition (aka "the story line").

Yes, it's true that Dale refers to Hazel as his favorite because she was the first quint he held in the NICU, but IMHO, and YMMV, I find that completely harmless.  One, it's rather normal for adults to form closer bonds to some kids in the family versus others and vice versa, some kids choose the adults with whom they feel most comfortable to attach to versus others.  Nothing hurtful or mean spirited about it, just means this person clicks with and has a special connection with this person - which is how life works!  And, further, we've also seen that Dale has a special thing with Riley Paige over her now quite well-known full on slap of him in the face.  To me, while he teases her about it, it's done with affection and is their own inside joke they share together.  And who knows what other adults/kids have special connections that we never get to see?

In my family, for example, my grandmother and I fell in love with each other the first time she held me, and we were inseparable from that moment (when I was 30 mins old, lol) until she passed last year;  she's also the person I loved and admired most in the world.  Then came my little sister and while my grandmother loved her just as much and they had a good relationship, they never clicked in the same way - and my sister went on to form close bonds with others in our family.  Same with our parents;  my daddy and I were alike in so many ways and had an instant connection, and my sister and mother similarly share tons of interests and are very close.  Not that my sister or I have ever doubted for a second that both parents loved and adored us, but for many reasons, some people just end up being closer than others.  And if not done in a malicious and hurtful manner (and I don't see anything that even comes close to resembling that on this show), it's not bad or sinister, it's just how life works, I think. 

In my family, it's also one of our most frequently used running jokes (and we have many; we have a rather sarcastic sense of humor and crack ourselves up constantly lol).  For example, my little sister has 2 kids and lives near our family, and as soon as she had the first, the joke became, "Okay, fine, you win.  Finally!  Hehe.  You're the favorite now.  I can't compete with the cuteness that is my nephew (and then niece)!"  Then, a few years ago, one of our cousins who lives out of state and had 2 kids already called and announced he and his wife were having identical twins.  My sister immediately called me and said, "Quick!!!  We have a crisis here, and I need your opinion right now.  Which wins favorite?  2 kids that are local and come to visit every other weekend, or 4 kids (two of whom are identical twins) but who live about a 5 hour drive away????"  Before I could even answer, she sighed dramatically and said all fake forlornly, "Nevermind.....I already know the answer.  Of course twins are going to push our cousin into favorite position.  It doesn't matter if they live on Mars.  Four kids, and two of them are identical twins!  Seriously, though??  Twins??  Really?  I did not authorize that!  But oh well, I guess I've had a good run as favorite...."  And then we both laughed until we were practically snorting, and immediately added that story to the list of jokes we'd tell at every family get together.  Because, if we were going to laugh until we oh-so-unattractively were snorting, so was everybody else in the family lol - and they did.  ;-)

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Love 13
On 9/22/2018 at 8:14 AM, brilliantbreakfast said:

I'm probably completely off-base here, but does anyone else get a very odd vibe out of Parker?  Or am I thinking about Riley?  I can't tell who's who of the two of them.  She does seem to be the most cognitively advanced of the quints, but there is something about that child's eyes that give me the willies.  At the very least, I'm seeing "very unhappy child."  Sometimes I see "future mean girl."  At most, I'm seeing more.  And yes, I admit, the words "future psychopath" have entered my mind more than once.  I know that kids have personalities; I came into the world screaming, I pretty much screamed nonstop for four years, and was the biggest fussbudget in the world as a child.  But am I nuts here?  Or is there something wrong there?

I don’t know if she’s a future psychopath, but I do agree that she seems unhappy. I don’t think this famewhore lifestyle agrees with her. 

• Love 5

It's so weird to me that anyone has trouble telling any of the quints apart except Olivia and Ava. Otherwise, they don't actually look alike. No one could be confused with Hazel. Riley has a very distinct look and gets highlighted a lot. Parker is less distinct than all of them but she also doesn't look like the other girls. Not in a identical twin kind of way.

14 hours ago, SabineElisabeth said:

One of the reasons I post and read here is because it's so interesting to me that we all watch the exact same show and yet end up with such vastly different perceptions of things.  Fascinating to me that you can take the same show, run it through viewers' life experiences, values, beliefs, current life circumstances, personal happiness/contentment, and so on, and come out with so many different and often vehement ideas about what we all saw on the same show(s).  (And yes, I know that sounds lame to find that intriguing, but....kind of a nerd here, lol).

For instance, Hazel really does seem pretty laid back to me, relative to her sisters, at least.  Not that she never cries/whines, but all 2 years old do so, and she seems generally good-natured to me.  I have also never understood why people think this is the "Hazel Show."  I mean, her nystagmus is a story line and well, wouldn't it be kind of weird if while talking about Hazel's eyes instead of seeing Hazel we saw say, Parker Kate and Lulu playing together during the every convo?  My perception is if you take away the focus on Hazel that has to do with her nystagmus (i.e. a big story line the producers developed), then she really isn't highlighted on the show more frequently than the others in any way that jumps out at me.  Granted, I've never timed the amount of screen time each quint gets, counted the number of times each quint's name is said, etc, but when I watch, I don't come away with the impression at all that Hazel is focused on more than the others for any reason other than her eye condition (aka "the story line").

Yes, it's true that Dale refers to Hazel as his favorite because she was the first quint he held in the NICU, but IMHO, and YMMV, I find that completely harmless.  One, it's rather normal for adults to form closer bonds to some kids in the family versus others and vice versa, some kids choose the adults with whom they feel most comfortable to attach to versus others.  Nothing hurtful or mean spirited about it, just means this person clicks with and has a special connection with this person - which is how life works!  And, further, we've also seen that Dale has a special thing with Riley Paige over her now quite well-known full on slap of him in the face.  To me, while he teases her about it, it's done with affection and is their own inside joke they share together.  And who knows what other adults/kids have special connections that we never get to see?

In my family, for example, my grandmother and I fell in love with each other the first time she held me, and we were inseparable from that moment (when I was 30 mins old, lol) until she passed last year;  she's also the person I loved and admired most in the world.  Then came my little sister and while my grandmother loved her just as much and they had a good relationship, they never clicked in the same way - and my sister went on to form close bonds with others in our family.  Same with our parents;  my daddy and I were alike in so many ways and had an instant connection, and my sister and mother similarly share tons of interests and are very close.  Not that my sister or I have ever doubted for a second that both parents loved and adored us, but for many reasons, some people just end up being closer than others.  And if not done in a malicious and hurtful manner (and I don't see anything that even comes close to resembling that on this show), it's not bad or sinister, it's just how life works, I think. 

In my family, it's also one of our most frequently used running jokes (and we have many; we have a rather sarcastic sense of humor and crack ourselves up constantly lol).  For example, my little sister has 2 kids and lives near our family, and as soon as she had the first, the joke became, "Okay, fine, you win.  Finally!  Hehe.  You're the favorite now.  I can't compete with the cuteness that is my nephew (and then niece)!"  Then, a few years ago, one of our cousins who lives out of state and had 2 kids already called and announced he and his wife were having identical twins.  My sister immediately called me and said, "Quick!!!  We have a crisis here, and I need your opinion right now.  Which wins favorite?  2 kids that are local and come to visit every other weekend, or 4 kids (two of whom are identical twins) but who live about a 5 hour drive away????"  Before I could even answer, she sighed dramatically and said all fake forlornly, "Nevermind.....I already know the answer.  Of course twins are going to push our cousin into favorite position.  It doesn't matter if they live on Mars.  Four kids, and two of them are identical twins!  Seriously, though??  Twins??  Really?  I did not authorize that!  But oh well, I guess I've had a good run as favorite...."  And then we both laughed until we were practically snorting, and immediately added that story to the list of jokes we'd tell at every family get together.  Because, if we were going to laugh until we oh-so-unattractively were snorting, so was everybody else in the family lol - and they did.  ;-)

I’ve noticed ever since she was small that Adam gave much more attention to her, especially when he was filming.  It’s like he always had to single her out and baby talk to her while the others just sat there getting hardly any attention.   It always pissed me off and made me actually not like a baby because I felt sorry for the other ones.  When I see Dale give her extra treats or let her have more turns than the others get it just gripes my ass.  I know it’s weird but I kind of want give all the other quints attention and ignore her.  ??

Edited by Prisonnurse
  • Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:27 PM, sATL said:

Ummm.....this family has had its share of holidays episodes. The only one I want to see is Cajun Christmas - mainly to see kin to Mimi

#QunitsDoNotLikeAdultsInCostumes

Ummm, I just meant that if they only filmed about 3 or 4 times a year with holiday themes maybe it would not feel like overkill

• Love 2

In honor of it being Tuesday, I'm going to leave my .02cents. 

Mimi is a head shaker, no doubt. From what I can see, Mimi has managed to raise 3 amazing daughters, perhaps/guessing mostly on her own.   Uh, the daughters are nothing like their mother.  I believe that Mimi loves attention and drama.  Disclaimer....I do like Mimi but come on, she's a trip.  

To me Danielle grows more beautiful as time passes.  She's clearly super mom and God did good placing those amazing little girls in Danielle's hands.  Just one thing.  The big, over sized bows are killing me.  (Yes I know the big bows are a thing)

Adam.  He's a super hero amazing dad.  I love watching him interact with the girls individually.  In a few clips you can see the love that beams from Adam's eyes towards those girls and it truly warms your heart.   I wish he would change his hair style. On social media, yes Adam we know your buff already, cut it out.  Put on a shirt first if you're going to walk around for 10 minutes in front of your selfie stick.  

Hazel & Riley.  Riley & Hazel.  Either way you slice it, these two little darlings are clearly the quint front runners in popularity with the public.  I don't believe this point can be argued.  Now here's my theory.  The TLC editing people are not stupid.  Hazel & Riley are by far the most animated quints in front of a camera.  They are little super starts in their own right.  So, we see more air time for Hazel & Riley.  If you don't believe this theory, spend hours on end watching the quints 2018 Youtube clips.  

Ava, Olivia & Parker are extra special, adorable little ladies.  Disclaimer...the twins have always been my favorites and I do love all the quints.  When Ava and Olivia are on, I'm usually trying to figure out which one is which if it was not pointed out.  I love watching them.  They remind me of mini Mimi's.  They are so lucky to be twinkies with each other and I adore them.  I love that Ava is the mommy's girl and the lower keyed of the twins.  She seems like a tender little soul.  Then there's our crazy Lulu who always makes us laugh.  She cracks me up when she goes up against Riley.  Lulu has the makings of a super tomboy.  You rock Lulu!!  Then last quint born....PK!!!!  Parker is the unique quint in my eye.  Parker is not the happiest with a camera in her face.   She seems unsure of the world around her at times.  Nothing wrong with any of this.   I love that she's the daddy's girl.  I'm thinking Parker could be a runway model one day.  She's tall and her little face at times goes from cute to stunning and I think to myself......OMG when she grows up!

Blayke.  She's an amazing big sister and clearly adores her little sisters.  She's just a child herself.  How could she not have maybe a little issue here or there because she went from an only child getting tons of attention from her parents to being the big sister of the Texas all girl quints that now have their own show?  Just saying.  

Crystal & Dale.  I asked them once on Instagram if they would adopt me and they politely wrote back and told me that they have a waiting list.  Kenzie and Bronson are so stinkin' cute.  

Ashley & Nick. They clearly lead extremely busy and successful lives.  We don't see them as much on the show and that makes sense.  Charlie and Lilly are adorable too.  Matter of fact I love all the kids on this show.  What a blessing that these cousins have each other and live so close.  

• Like 1
  • Love 12

Description for tonight's episode: "The Busbys throw a joint birthday party for the girls, but Danielle also plans individual birthday outings; when Adam's job causes him to miss out on the fun, he faces a big decision; a guest terrifies the girls at the Busby Easter celebration.

Show: OutDaughtered

Season number: 4

Episode number: 12

Air date: September 25, 2018 "

--------

Now we know the headline of what happened with Adam and his job. It does make me wonder how did he manage to obtain work-job-life balance when Blayke was younger - wonder did he consider to take a step-down position.  I also wonder how much Danielle is saying little comments like " you missed xxx", "we waited for you", " they cried for you..", "we want you to come to zzz", "I was expecting you at home at such-and-such time (ie valentines 2017) ", stayed on his mind and heart. It doesn't take a whole lot for Adam to feel down and guilty.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

I think the reason Dale and Crystal are there so often is they apparently live down the street, or at least in the same subdivision.    I really think that Adam didn't quit, but I think the company was bought out, and Nick stayed, but Dale and Adam went bye-bye.   Dale has a job with another company, but since Adam was sales, he might have had a severance package, and maybe a non-compete for the same area and the same oil and gas industry, so he wouldn't be able to work in the same geographic area.     So they can frame it as Adam quit, but my guess is that he and Dale were outsourced when the companies combined because they were excess, and the show will frame it as Adam quitting for his wife and kids.  

Not only is Nick still at the combined oil-gas company, but Ashley runs the hair salon right?    

I loved the pony ride, but I bet pants would have been a better choice.   You can get bad rubs riding with bare legs.  

I want to go to the candy factory.   

I'm glad Mimi passed her exam, and found a way to move on from her previous job.  I think real estate will be a great fit for her personality, and maybe all of the publicity from the show will lead to listings.     Since she's a junior agent/beginner, then she better like spending every Sunday doing open houses on listings.   

I remember back in the 80's your jeans weren't tight enough unless someone could tell if the dime in your back pocket was heads or tails.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Danielle didn't try too hard to get Parker to open her mouth for teeth cleaning.  Poor Adam probably got blamed for not being there for his precious Parker, so she had to go 6 months without a professional cleaning.  Sorry Danielle, that is too important to NOT make the kid open her mouth up.  Jesus.  Parker has become quite a little whiner.

My favorite part of the episode was the Easter bunny scaring the shit out of the kids.  Also, I'm not surprised that Hazel ate rabbit shit, that kid is just yuck.  I do not get how Danielle says that Hazel always has a smile, she is ALWAYS the one blatting about something.  The only one to cry at the doctors, and in the previews for Hawaii, there she is blatting on the beach.  Can't stand that kid.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 6

So next week is the season finale in Hawaii.     This could be worse for Hawaiian tourism than the volcano, and the hurricane.    I can't imagine being captive on a plane with all of the screaming quints, and everyone else that the production will take along.    

• Love 3

Spoiler alerts!!!!  Tonight's episode.

I like this show, but I believe the producers intervene and manipulate the story line more than we realize. I did really enjoy the individual attention that each of the girls received on tonight's episode.  Ironic that Parker's date was the only one that Adam was able to get away from work to attend. SMH.  Still not sure how I feel about him.

I believe that real estate will be a good fit for Mimi, too.  Keller Williams is a good firm, and I hear that the greater  Houston area is a good market. I don't like how Danielle and her sisters (and Adam) sometimes doubt Mimi.  They don't understand what it's like to be in her shoes, and I hate it when they try to parent her.

I think the "Mimi as a single Mom" story is probably very interesting.  Perhaps she'll have a spin-off some day!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Real estate will work for Mimi if it is truly something she wants to do and puts in the grind. As opposed to doing something because something else didn't work out and this was an option left on the list. Her heart & mind has to be in it - kinda like what happened with that job she had at the quints school - it wasn't something she liked doing. So it was "deuces"  and onto the next.

Mimi is used to a steady paycheck ,salary, hours and benefits. I think she does have the heart to be around kids.

Has Mimi actually said why she think she will be successful at real estate ?

We'll see how she does with adults who want to bicker over closing costs/dates, asking prices, inspection contingencies, pulling comps, staging, showing potential properties, buyers who have eyes bigger than they pre-qualified for, deals that fall through, and actually selling (ie "if you like this house you could always paint, change out the hardwood, its a great school district" etc).  Sorry, I found buying/selling homes  the most stressful thing in my life (worse than a c-section & a divorce), so I wish her luck managing that process over and over again for a living.

If its allowed to be licensed in two-states, she should test in LA. It seems like every-time something goes wrong she is itching to get back to Lake Charles.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Honey said:

Danielle didn't try too hard to get Parker to open her mouth for teeth cleaning.  Poor Adam probably got blamed for not being there for his precious Parker, so she had to go 6 months without a professional cleaning.  Sorry Danielle, that is too important to NOT make the kid open her mouth up.  Jesus.  Parker has become quite a little whiner.

My favorite part of the episode was the Easter bunny scaring the shit out of the kids.  Also, I'm not surprised that Hazel ate rabbit shit, that kid is just yuck.  I do not get how Danielle says that Hazel always has a smile, she is ALWAYS the one blatting about something.  The only one to cry at the doctors, and in the previews for Hawaii, there she is blatting on the beach.  Can't stand that kid.

I was waiting to see if you were joking. Nevermind. Not that you need to like any of the kids but they are still infants. I find myself not being able to judge infants. It's not like Hazel is a bratty pre teen or something. Hazel often seems the most skittish and most open at the same time. It's weird to see sometimes. But, all the babies are generally sweet. They have their bad moments but they are human. Oh and they are also babies.

• Love 22

I am missing why Blayke can't have her party on one weekend and the quints on the next.

Danielle and Adam have (had) 364 days to figure out how to give Blayke her own party. The obstacle is Easter/Spring break weekend not the quints, as most of Blayke's friends/classmates/cousins are school age.

I feel sorry for Blayke not having her own party. The girl doesn't seem to ask for much. Her naming the place was staged in that last year, Danielle had trouble finding a place at the last minute. Now all of a sudden , Blayke calls out the trampoline park and presto they can accommodate all of them? hmmm

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Honey said:

Honey, you and me really see eye to eye where this show is concerned, especially when it comes to the red headed elephant in the room, or more like, the sunburnt albino owl (I give credit to another poster on another site for that spot on description of an ifant I’m soooo tired of seeing in the spotlight of nearly every episode of this show).  Between her, Riley and now Porker showing her ass the poor twins get pushed further and further in the background.  Maybe because they don’t have wonky eyes, fiery red hair or behavioral problems is why they aren’t TLC sweethearts, but in my opinion, they are the cutest most enjoyable part of the show, what little bit we get to see of them. Ava is very shy, but she is an absolute doll and Olivia has a mischievous personality that not enough time is spent for viewers to see.  I guess the people have spoken and Hazel is the apple of everyone’s eye.  That’s ok, because in about 12 or 13 years from now these two will be getting plenty of attention (from lovestruck guys ) and the star of the show might be the one in the background.  No worries, she’ll always be number 1 to her daddy and Uncle Dale ?.

On 9/19/2018 at 11:26 AM, trimthatfat said:

I meant that she likely doesn’t have very strong memories of it just being her and her parents. That’s all. 

This was regarding Blayke's time with her parents before the quints.  Just last week, the first episode was ran. I never saw the first few episodes, interesting up see how they started.

Guess Danielle and Adam met while working at Target. After marrying, they traveled all over the world. They named a few of the different places they had traveled to & they were some pretty exotic locations.  They said after having Blayke, they still continued to travel, just took her along with them. It sounded to me as if Blayke had quite a bit of close 'Mommy/Daddy' time before the quints.

2 observations:

What is it with all of the slogan t-shirts they all wear, is it some product placement?

It drives me crazy the way they say 'expeshulee' instead of 'especially'.

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Prisonnurse said:

Honey, you and me really see eye to eye where this show is concerned, especially when it comes to the red headed elephant in the room, or more like, the sunburnt albino owl (I give credit to another poster on another site for that spot on description of an ifant I’m soooo tired of seeing in the spotlight of nearly every episode of this show).  Between her, Riley and now Porker showing her ass the poor twins get pushed further and further in the background.  Maybe because they don’t have wonky eyes, fiery red hair or behavioral problems is why they aren’t TLC sweethearts, but in my opinion, they are the cutest most enjoyable part of the show, what little bit we get to see of them. Ava is very shy, but she is an absolute doll and Olivia has a mischievous personality that not enough time is spent for viewers to see.  I guess the people have spoken and Hazel is the apple of everyone’s eye.  That’s ok, because in about 12 or 13 years from now these two will be getting plenty of attention (from lovestruck guys ) and the star of the show might be the one in the background.  No worries, she’ll always be number 1 to her daddy and Uncle Dale ?.

I don't understand why Hazel is the darling, she's annoying and not pleasant to look at.  Neither is Parker.  Both of them are quite homely.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Despues Guernica said:

Spoiler alerts!!!!  Tonight's episode.

I like this show, but I believe the producers intervene and manipulate the story line more than we realize. I did really enjoy the individual attention that each of the girls received on tonight's episode.  Ironic that Parker's date was the only one that Adam was able to get away from work to attend. SMH.  Still not sure how I feel about him.

I believe that real estate will be a good fit for Mimi, too.  Keller Williams is a good firm, and I hear that the greater  Houston area is a good market. I don't like how Danielle and her sisters (and Adam) sometimes doubt Mimi.  They don't understand what it's like to be in her shoes, and I hate it when they try to parent her.

I think the "Mimi as a single Mom" story is probably very interesting.  Perhaps she'll have a spin-off some day!

I think they parent her because they've probably always had to.

• Love 3

I loved seeing the individual birthday outings. The quints may have been  a tad young, but I enjoyed seeing all of their different personalities come out. I just love them all; they're so sweet and adorable in their own ways. I don't think any of them are brats. They're kids. Oliva is my favorite quint, but Riley at the candy shop just stole my heart. 

I am not going to judge how they handled the dentist. I have a special needs child who would barely tolerate brushing itself, let alone dental checkups. She's now 7 and still hasn't had a proper x-ray. She gags, chokes, cries hysterically. Maybe some of the quints have sensory issues. What should Danielle have done? Tied Parker down and forced her mouth open? Most pediatric dentists will tell you that it's better to not traumatize the child in regards to dental care. 

Speaking of traumatizing - HATE the Easter Bunny shit. So much. That's when this family loses me. I don't think it's cute or funny. Not one bit. 

• Love 10

Adam whining about not going on the individual outings with the kids really got on my nerves.  Let them have that one-on-one time with Danielle.  There is no reason he can't do the same on the weekends.  Every two or three weeks, schedule an outing with one of the girls.  It doesn't have to be anything spectacular, just going out to lunch or to the park for an hour or two will work, as long as the child gets your undivided attention.  Quit whining, Adam!

• Love 16

I was annoyed when Danielle was telling Mimi how hard her job would be, and how she would have to work really hard. I thought that was really condescending. She is an adult who chose this line of work. It’s not unreasonable to think she actually thought about stuff like that herself.

I also wasn’t happy about the Easter Bunny putting in another appearance. Yeah, making toddlers cry is really hilarious. In fairness, the older kids seemed to like it.

Ava’s a little badass! I can’t believe she trapezed into that ball pit so fearlessly!

Edited by Blindfox
  • Love 5
17 minutes ago, camom said:

Adam whining about not going on the individual outings with the kids really got on my nerves.  Let them have that one-on-one time with Danielle.  There is no reason he can't do the same on the weekends.  Every two or three weeks, schedule an outing with one of the girls.  It doesn't have to be anything spectacular, just going out to lunch or to the park for an hour or two will work, as long as the child gets your undivided attention.  Quit whining, Adam!

Not to mention that working parents everywhere sometimes have to miss outings with their kids.  It's called being responsible for your family's financial well-being and is just part of life unless you're independently wealthy.

• Love 12

So Adam's going to morph his job loss (the company now has another name, and Dale has another job too) into "I'm quitting for my family".    He also said something about a business working from home, and I want to know how locking yourself away in the house is going to give you more time with the kids?    A successful online business isn't run in an hour or two a day while you go on every errand, school dropoff, and appointment your kids need.    And how are they going to get health insurance without a group plan making it affordable?     

Since TLC has back up plans (Sweet Home Sextuplets or whatever it's called) and probably other shows with multiples, the Busbys might want to  rethink giving up on a very well paying career field for some kind of home business.   Their girls are getting out of the cute baby stage, and when they start resorting to vacations and outings all of the time, then they're running out of ideas.  I'm hoping the local public schools won't allow filming when they get to kindergarten age.    Unless the Busby's find a private school that wants publicity like the preschool did.     

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

So Adam's going to morph his job loss (the company now has another name, and Dale has another job too) into "I'm quitting for my family".    He also said something about a business working from home, and I want to know how locking yourself away in the house is going to give you more time with the kids?    A successful online business isn't run in an hour or two a day while you go on every errand, school dropoff, and appointment your kids need.    And how are they going to get health insurance without a group plan making it affordable?     

Since TLC has back up plans (Sweet Home Sextuplets or whatever it's called) and probably other shows with multiples, the Busbys might want to  rethink giving up on a very well paying career field for some kind of home business.   Their girls are getting out of the cute baby stage, and when they start resorting to vacations and outings all of the time, then they're running out of ideas.  I'm hoping the local public schools won't allow filming when they get to kindergarten age.    Unless the Busby's find a private school that wants publicity like the preschool did.     

Maybe Adam will homeschool the quints and the show will be about that, lol.

• Love 1

Folks,

Posters are allowed to express their opinions on PTV.  We do not have a rule about how we speak of children with one exception - we do not speculate on their sexuality.  If you find someone's posts objectionable, please use the ignore feature.  If you hover over the poster's icon, you will receive a pop-up box that will allow you to select Ignore.  You will no longer see this poster's content in the thread.  (You will see it if it is quoted by someone else). 

As always, Be Civil is the rule here.  If you don't like someone's posts ignore them either through the feature or simply acknowledging to yourself that sometimes, in your opinion, people on the internet are wrong.  Do not criticize other posters due to their posts; whether you do this directly or by talking about "people who say such things" it is still a no go here.

As always, if you have concerns or need clarification, please PM @PrincessPurrsALot.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Eh. They always have YouTube to fall back on. They already have the fanbase to get a million viewers a video. You can live off that easy. They will also continue to get sponsors, etc. There are big families that live off of YouTube and various from home businesses and are most definitely not struggling.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Well, these three year olds certainty don't "toddle" anywhere. Plus they are a good size  for just being three.

I'm not sure that size is as much a factor as behavior, when determining life stages. My middle child has always been very large. He's 8 and wears size 5 shoes and size 10/12 clothing. People often expect a lot more of him than what he's really capable of doing. I just tend to think 3-year-olds are still prone to tantrums and it's not unusual or indicative of a bigger problem. In fact, for one of my kids, 3 was a LOT worse than 2. LOL! 

• Love 5

I’m weird, but the individual birthday outings bored me to tears.  I prefer to see them interact, as a family, doing normal family things.

My God, Danielle is such a nag.  First she bitches to Adam about missing appointments and outings.  Hey Danielle, he has to work, for now, to keep your household running.  If she can take each quint on their own birthday outing, she can damn sure take them to the dentist separately.  Then when they met up with MiMi, instead of being happy, she goes on and on about how her mom must work hard to succeed....no shit Sherlock.  I hate how the sisters talk down to MiMi....like she is their child.  And no way in hell have those girls parented their mom their whole life — MiMi did an awesome job raising all 3 girls.  And I don’t blame her for not wanting to return close to the kids, if she had failed the test, after the way they talked so horribly about her while she was there helping THEM out.  Adam and Danielle were both assholes to her.  I’m sure she saw those horrible TH’s the first season.  I would have taken a long break from those ingrates as well.

Unlike some viewers, I don’t think Danielle is very pretty.....although both her sisters are very attractive.  Adam is becoming clownlike in his over buffed body.  Cool it dude....you look ridiculous.  And buy some bigger clothes.

I didn’t see a new van?  When were they driving it?

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Unlike some viewers, I don’t think Danielle is very pretty.....although both her sisters are very attractive.  Adam is becoming clownlike in his over buffed body.  Cool it dude....you look ridiculous.  And buy some bigger clothes.

Ha, I'm the opposite. I think Danielle is cute, sometimes pretty, but her sisters are both very unattractive to me. 

I agree with you on Adam, though. His natural frame is way too small for all those muscles. His head looks like a peanut! 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

I hate how the sisters talk down to MiMi....like she is their child.  And no way in hell have those girls parented their mom their whole life — MiMi did an awesome job raising all 3 girls.  

They lose me on this as well. Yeah, Mimi seems a bit flakey. But she clearly did something right as a single mom! Ashley owns and runs her own salon and has a lovely family. I don't know what Crystal did before having kids, but she seems to be an amazing mom, has a lovely family, and is probably the biggest supporter Danielle has. Her aunt duties are not for the weak! And Danielle, like her or not, has an amazing strength I could only dream of having. She's not afraid of hard work! 

Kids learn by example. Someone sure set an amazing one for those 3 women. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Squirrely said:

They lose me on this as well. Yeah, Mimi seems a bit flakey. But she clearly did something right as a single mom! Ashley owns and runs her own salon and has a lovely family. I don't know what Crystal did before having kids, but she seems to be an amazing mom, has a lovely family, and is probably the biggest supporter Danielle has. Her aunt duties are not for the weak! And Danielle, like her or not, has an amazing strength I could only dream of having. She's not afraid of hard work! 

I agree.  They should appreciate MiMi more.

• Love 3
On 9/25/2018 at 12:25 PM, trackrat59 said:

Mimi is a head shaker, no doubt. From what I can see, Mimi has managed to raise 3 amazing daughters, perhaps/guessing mostly on her own.   Uh, the daughters are nothing like their mother.  I believe that Mimi loves attention and drama.  Disclaimer....I do like Mimi but come on, she's a trip.  

I agree, and although Mimi raised the three girls (alone?) well, that's not to say that they didn't do a lot of parenting of Mimi.  She may have been flakey all their lives and they had to help her settle down...help organize things at home, take care of each other, etc.  It's possible they're good mothers because they've held that job all their lives.   My only wish is that their negative (slightly) opinions of her NOT be shown to us on television...and saved in some cloud for any and all to see.  If Mimi has personal difficulties, all the "gossip" isn't helpful to her.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Honey said:

Poor Adam probably got blamed for not being there for his precious Parker, so she had to go 6 months without a professional cleaning.  Sorry Danielle, that is too important to NOT make the kid open her mouth up. 

Also...they all had their teeth brushed before going to bed the night before the dental appointment.   AND THEN...each was given a bottle of milk to take to bed.  

5 hours ago, druzy said:

I never thought to mix the peanut butter and jelly before putting it on bread. 

And you can buy it like that too!       PeanutButterJelly.jpg.5dc6244992b680b626f83fde764a580e.jpg

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Squirrely said:

1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

I agree.  They should appreciate MiMi more.

1) we do not know when, or if the father(s) or significant other was in or out of the picture and to what degree (ie maybe she just got a check every month). There had to be a man "involved" at least twice. Mimi does strike me as the personality that if a man did her wrong - he's dead to her.

2) we do not know when Danielle (who I think is the oldest) realized that she had to step up in the household. Danielle even said Mimi has always had her ups and down. I suspect early in her teen years. Yes, parent(s) with issues sometimes have offspring with issues, but then sometimes those offspring become ultra strong - because someone had to be. I've seen it happen.

3) we don't know if there was another family member - Mimi's mom/aunt/etc who assisted during those years. Another reason I was anxious to see Cajun Christmas.

4) yes all 3 girls are strong minded. And so are their hubbies. I do suspect, like Dale said, some of Mimi's "deliminas" are a topic of discussion in each individual household. It could be that the son-in-laws might be starting to put in their 2-cents little. " Yes , sweetie we love Mimi, but .... ". Sometimes it takes a person looking in from the outside to open your eyes. 

I think the family appreciates, and of course loves Mimi.  They worry about her and life is fun when she is around.  I think its fair to be honest with her - Danielle and her sister really wanted her to know that her new found career isn't a cakewalk. No need to sugar coat the truth with family. I think some of the tiptoeing, holding in their opinion/feelings, let's be patient a little while longer attitude, isn't helping in the long run.

I agree with what Danielle said and to be honest I am proud of her for having the courage to say it. Still think they need to make a stop at the GYN to discuss her internal temperature issues. I never doubted she would fail the exam - (a) she's an intelligent (little book/little street smart) woman (b) I never heard of anyone failing. 

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

1) we do not know when, or if the father(s) or significant other was in or out of the picture and to what degree (ie maybe she just got a check every month). There had to be a man "involved" at least twice. Mimi does strike me as the personality that if a man did her wrong - he's dead to her.

2) we do not know when Danielle (who I think is the oldest) realized that she had to step up in the household. Danielle even said Mimi has always had her ups and down. I suspect early in her teen years. Yes, parent(s) with issues sometimes have offspring with issues, but then sometimes those offspring become ultra strong - because someone had to be. I've seen it happen.

3) we don't know if there was another family member - Mimi's mom/aunt/etc who assisted during those years. Another reason I was anxious to see Cajun Christmas.

4) yes all 3 girls are strong minded. And so are their hubbies. I do suspect, like Dale said, some of Mimi's "deliminas" are a topic of discussion in each individual household. It could be that the son-in-laws might be starting to put in their 2-cents little. " Yes , sweetie we love Mimi, but .... ". Sometimes it takes a person looking in from the outside to open your eyes. 

I think the family appreciates, and of course loves Mimi.  They worry about her and life is fun when she is around.  I think its fair to be honest with her - Danielle and her sister really wanted her to know that her new found career isn't a cakewalk. No need to sugar coat the truth with family. I think some of the tiptoeing, holding in their opinion/feelings, let's be patient a little while longer attitude, isn't helping in the long run.

I agree with what Danielle said and to be honest I am proud of her for having the courage to say it. Still think they need to make a stop at the GYN to discuss her internal temperature issues. I never doubted she would fail the exam - (a) she's an intelligent (little book/little street smart) woman (b) I never heard of anyone failing. 

Shes acting strange because she is in menapause but i think shes always been a little flakey just her personality?

• Love 1